• rigid lifetime warranty home depot problems

From Craser@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 12 23:45:02 2021
    I always take a picture

--
    For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodworking/rigid-lifetime-warranty-home-depot-problems-225010-.htm

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Theshop@21:1/5 to All on Mon Nov 29 17:15:02 2021
    Could not agree more on Ryobi. I gave all my Ryobi tools and batteries away to a homeless shelter yard sale. At that time the tools worked and the batteries would charge up. They called me to see if I wanted the tools back because nobody wanted them.

--
    For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodworking/rigid-lifetime-warranty-home-depot-problems-225010-.htm

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tex Lawrence@21:1/5 to All on Sat Apr 2 19:45:03 2022
    I have two rigid gen5X saws there around eight months old but one eight months later the shift quit working mocha like it’s slipping every time you try to cut a board so about another one yeah 8 to 9 months later it done the same thing shift clock it’
    s slipping I would like to take one back to Home Depot or send it in to get fixed but I don’t know which one to do

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From J. Clarke@21:1/5 to 8c2837c36212055d507f0483dc275923@ex on Sat Apr 2 18:28:54 2022
    On Sat, 02 Apr 2022 19:45:03 +0000, Tex Lawrence <8c2837c36212055d507f0483dc275923@example.com> wrote:

I have two rigid gen5X saws there around eight months old but one eight months later the shift quit working mocha like it’s slipping every time you try to cut a board so about another one yeah 8 to 9 months later it done the same thing shift clock itâ€
    ™s slipping I would like to take one back to Home Depot or send it in to get fixed
    but I don’t know which one to do

If you want to send it in you're going to need to get an RMA number
    and when you're doing that I'm sure Ridgid will tell you if it's
    better to take it back to Home Depot.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Leon@21:1/5 to Tex Lawrence on Sun Apr 3 14:12:37 2022
    On 4/2/2022 2:45 PM, Tex Lawrence wrote:
    I have two rigid gen5X saws there around eight months old but one eight months later the shift quit working mocha like it’s slipping every time
    you try to cut a board so about another one yeah 8 to 9 months later it
    done the same thing shift clock it’s slipping I would like to take one
    back to Home Depot or send it in to get fixed but I don’t know which one
    to do

Ummmm, CONTACT RIDGID!!!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From DerbyDad03@21:1/5 to Tex Lawrence on Sun Apr 3 13:25:50 2022
    On Saturday, April 2, 2022 at 3:45:07 PM UTC-4, Tex Lawrence wrote:
    I have two rigid gen5X saws there around eight months old but one eight months later the shift quit working mocha like it’s slipping every time you try to cut a board so about another one yeah 8 to 9 months later it done the same thing shift clock itâ
    €™s slipping I would like to take one back to Home Depot or send it in to get fixed but I don’t know which one to do

Did you register them with Ridgid when you bought them? If so, contact Ridgid. They will (should)
    honor their lifetime warranty.

If you didn't, contact them anyway and see what they say. Maybe they'll let you register them now,
    although they are supposed to be registered with 90 days.

"To take advantage of the LSA’s benefits, simply register your eligible RIDGID power tool product and
    submit your proof of purchase for validation within 90 days of the date of purchase."

Who knows, it's worth the free phone call. If they say no, try the store. You'll still need proof of purchase
    (receipt or the credit card you bought them on). After this much time, the best they'll probably offer you
    is store credit (if that) so don't get your hopes up. Still, probably worth the trip. You never know.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From krw@notreal.com@21:1/5 to teamarrows@eznet.net on Sun Apr 3 17:33:48 2022
    On Sun, 3 Apr 2022 13:25:50 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
    <teamarrows@eznet.net> wrote:

I have two rigid gen5X saws there around eight months old but one eight months later the shift quit working mocha like it’s slipping every time you try to cut a board so about another one yeah 8 to 9 months later it done the same thing shift clock it’
    s slipping I would like to take one back to Home Depot or send it in to get fixed but I don’t know which one to do

Did you register them with Ridgid when you bought them? If so, contact Ridgid. They will (should)

If you didn't, contact them anyway and see what they say. Maybe they'll let you register them now,

"To take advantage of the LSA’s benefits, simply register your eligible RIDGID power tool product and
    submit your proof of purchase for validation within 90 days of the date of purchase."

There is no requirement to register any product to receive warranty
    service. A proof of purchase, showing the date purchased usually is. Registration may be used to show proof of purchase (and reveal all
    sorts of marketing information for sale to anyone), later, if the need
    arises.

Who knows, it's worth the free phone call. If they say no, try the store. You'll still need proof of purchase
    (receipt or the credit card you bought them on). After this much time, the best they'll probably offer you
    is store credit (if that) so don't get your hopes up. Still, probably worth the trip. You never know.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Leon@21:1/5 to All on Mon Apr 4 10:39:31 2022
    On 4/3/2022 3:25 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
    I have two rigid gen5X saws there around eight months old but one eight months later the shift quit working mocha like it’s slipping every time you try to cut a board so about another one yeah 8 to 9 months later it done the same thing shift clock
    it’s slipping I would like to take one back to Home Depot or send it in to get fixed but I don’t know which one to do

IIRC the tools do have a regular warranty regardless of registration.
    All one needs in most states is proof of purchase for the warranty to
    be honored. An 8 month old tool should still be under some type of
    warranty.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Leon@21:1/5 to krw@notreal.com on Mon Apr 4 10:45:01 2022
    On 4/3/2022 4:33 PM, krw@notreal.com wrote:

I have two rigid gen5X saws there around eight months old but one eight months later the shift quit working mocha like it’s slipping every time you try to cut a board so about another one yeah 8 to 9 months later it done the same thing shift clock
    it’s slipping I would like to take one back to Home Depot or send it in to get fixed but I don’t know which one to do

service. A proof of purchase, showing the date purchased usually is. Registration may be used to show proof of purchase (and reveal all
    sorts of marketing information for sale to anyone), later, if the need arises.

This is true for the stated warranty on the box. Buy Ridgid offers an
    extended warranty of the tool if it is registered within a specific time period.

In this case, 8 months old, the tool should be under warranty regardless.

Nailshooter, remember him?, swears by the registration and extended
    warranty.

He would be the one to complain about unwanted solicitation that might
    occur from registration and he has taken advantage of the extended
    warranty multiple times.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From DerbyDad03@21:1/5 to k...@notreal.com on Mon Apr 4 12:11:14 2022
    On Sunday, April 3, 2022 at 5:33:54 PM UTC-4, k...@notreal.com wrote:
    <teama...@eznet.net> wrote:

sorts of marketing information for sale to anyone), later, if the need arises.

Did you miss this? "To take advantage of the LSA’s benefits..."

LSA is Ridgid's Lifetime Service Agreement. If the OP registered, there is no question (supposedly) that it would be covered, regardless of what is wrong with it.

Rigid also has a 3 Limited Warranty that does not require a registration
    and in fact may not even require a receipt. However, things can get messy
    if you don't have one and they can't verify the purchase date(s) via the serial numbers.

My point was - although perhaps not perfectly clear - that if the OP has registered the tool(s) within 90 days he should start with a call to Ridgid. Further, he should probably start with them anyway because of the 3 year warranty.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Leon@21:1/5 to All on Mon Apr 4 14:26:51 2022
    On 4/4/2022 2:11 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

service. A proof of purchase, showing the date purchased usually is.
    Registration may be used to show proof of purchase (and reveal all
    arises.

LSA is Ridgid's Lifetime Service Agreement. If the OP registered, there is no question (supposedly) that it would be covered, regardless of what is wrong with it.

if you don't have one and they can't verify the purchase date(s) via the serial numbers.

My point was - although perhaps not perfectly clear - that if the OP has registered the tool(s) within 90 days he should start with a call to Ridgid. Further, he should probably start with them anyway because of the 3 year warranty.

I wonder if that LSA is a Home Depot exclusive.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From krw@notreal.com@21:1/5 to Leon on Mon Apr 4 16:08:48 2022
    On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 14:26:51 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote:

arises.

LSA is Ridgid's Lifetime Service Agreement. If the OP registered, there is no
    question (supposedly) that it would be covered, regardless of what is wrong >> with it.

if you don't have one and they can't verify the purchase date(s) via the
    serial numbers.

My point was - although perhaps not perfectly clear - that if the OP has
    registered the tool(s) within 90 days he should start with a call to Ridgid. >> Further, he should probably start with them anyway because of the 3 year
    warranty.

Isn't Ridgid a house brand?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From krw@notreal.com@21:1/5 to teamarrows@eznet.net on Mon Apr 4 16:08:02 2022
    On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 12:11:14 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

arises.

The point is that registration is not required for warranty service,
    by federal law.

LSA is Ridgid's Lifetime Service Agreement. If the OP registered, there is no >question (supposedly) that it would be covered, regardless of what is wrong >with it.

There's no question because the registration constitutes proof of
    purchase. That's all that's legally required for warranty service.

if you don't have one and they can't verify the purchase date(s) via the >serial numbers.

Right. Registration is never required. The company may require proof
    of (date of) purchase, or not. I can't require registration. That's
    my point.

My point was - although perhaps not perfectly clear - that if the OP has >registered the tool(s) within 90 days he should start with a call to Ridgid. >Further, he should probably start with them anyway because of the 3 year >warranty.

Sure. My point wasn't that registration isn't a qualification for
    warranty, just that it's not required.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Scott Lurndal@21:1/5 to Leon on Mon Apr 4 22:11:18 2022
    Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> writes:
    On 4/4/2022 3:08 PM, krw@notreal.com wrote:

No. You can buy Ridgid at Amazon. AND IIRC the vac has been available
    from multiple places.

https://www.amazon.com/Ridgid-R86011B-Cordless-Brushless-Impact/dp/B077YJCT3W/

"Sold by Skyline Studio".

So, not sold by amazon; probably a drop ship.

Detailed Seller Information

Business Name:Vitori studio inc
    Business Address:
    3395 Nostrand Ave 3P
    Brooklyn
    NY
    US

Now, here's the real ridgid store on amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/RIDGID/page/E86EB769-A8CB-49E4-832E-70F954072C1A

Note that the real ridgid store has the good plumbing stuff and none of
    the consumer grade home depot goods.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Clare Snyder@21:1/5 to Leon on Mon Apr 4 17:32:45 2022

arises.

question (supposedly) that it would be covered, regardless of what is wrong >> with it.

if you don't have one and they can't verify the purchase date(s) via the
    serial numbers.

My point was - although perhaps not perfectly clear - that if the OP has
    registered the tool(s) within 90 days he should start with a call to Ridgid. >> Further, he should probably start with them anyway because of the 3 year
    warranty.

Don't know about in the USA but in Canada Home depot has a virtual
    retail exclusive on the Rigid Power Tool line. They can be purchased
    from mumerous "industrial suppliers" like Grainger and Guillevan and
    Noble Trade and Motion Canada - but the only "retail outlet" handling
    the brand in Canada is Home Depot.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Leon@21:1/5 to krw@notreal.com on Mon Apr 4 17:04:12 2022

On Saturday, April 2, 2022 at 3:45:07 PM UTC-4, Tex Lawrence wrote: >>>>>> I have two rigid gen5X saws there around eight months old but one eight months later the shift quit working mocha like it’s slipping every time you try to cut a board so about another one yeah 8 to 9 months later it done the same thing shift
    clock it’s slipping I would like to take one back to Home Depot or send it in to get fixed but I don’t know which one to do

sorts of marketing information for sale to anyone), later, if the need >>>> arises.

question (supposedly) that it would be covered, regardless of what is wrong >>> with it.

Rigid also has a 3 Limited Warranty that does not require a registration >>> and in fact may not even require a receipt. However, things can get messy >>> if you don't have one and they can't verify the purchase date(s) via the >>> serial numbers.

My point was - although perhaps not perfectly clear - that if the OP has >>> registered the tool(s) within 90 days he should start with a call to Ridgid.
    Further, he should probably start with them anyway because of the 3 year >>> warranty.

from multiple places.

https://www.amazon.com/Ridgid-R86011B-Cordless-Brushless-Impact/dp/B077YJCT3W/ref=sr_1_2?crid=167UG1WVDP6AU&keywords=ridgid&qid=1649100115&sprefix=ridgid%2Caps%2C81&sr=8-2

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From krw@notreal.com@21:1/5 to Leon on Mon Apr 4 20:49:09 2022
    On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 17:04:12 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote:

On Sunday, April 3, 2022 at 5:33:54 PM UTC-4, k...@notreal.com wrote: >>>>> On Sun, 3 Apr 2022 13:25:50 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

On Saturday, April 2, 2022 at 3:45:07 PM UTC-4, Tex Lawrence wrote: >>>>>>> I have two rigid gen5X saws there around eight months old but one eight months later the shift quit working mocha like it’s slipping every time you try to cut a board so about another one yeah 8 to 9 months later it done the same thing shift
    clock it’s slipping I would like to take one back to Home Depot or send it in to get fixed but I don’t know which one to do

service. A proof of purchase, showing the date purchased usually is. >>>>> Registration may be used to show proof of purchase (and reveal all
    sorts of marketing information for sale to anyone), later, if the need >>>>> arises.

question (supposedly) that it would be covered, regardless of what is wrong
    with it.

Rigid also has a 3 Limited Warranty that does not require a registration >>>> and in fact may not even require a receipt. However, things can get messy >>>> if you don't have one and they can't verify the purchase date(s) via the >>>> serial numbers.

My point was - although perhaps not perfectly clear - that if the OP has >>>> registered the tool(s) within 90 days he should start with a call to Ridgid.
    Further, he should probably start with them anyway because of the 3 year >>>> warranty.

from multiple places.

https://www.amazon.com/Ridgid-R86011B-Cordless-Brushless-Impact/dp/B077YJCT3W/ref=sr_1_2?crid=167UG1WVDP6AU&keywords=ridgid&qid=1649100115&sprefix=ridgid%2Caps%2C81&sr=8-2

You can buy Woodpeckers at Amazon, too. The insulation supports I
    bought recently came from HD. HD wasn't on the "Sold By" statement.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From DerbyDad03@21:1/5 to k...@notreal.com on Mon Apr 4 19:09:52 2022
    On Monday, April 4, 2022 at 4:08:53 PM UTC-4, k...@notreal.com wrote:

On Saturday, April 2, 2022 at 3:45:07 PM UTC-4, Tex Lawrence wrote: >>>>> I have two rigid gen5X saws there around eight months old but one eight months later the shift quit working mocha like it’s slipping every time you try to cut a board so about another one yeah 8 to 9 months later it done the same thing shift

sorts of marketing information for sale to anyone), later, if the need >>> arises.

with it.

Rigid also has a 3 Limited Warranty that does not require a registration >> and in fact may not even require a receipt. However, things can get messy >> if you don't have one and they can't verify the purchase date(s) via the >> serial numbers.

My point was - although perhaps not perfectly clear - that if the OP has >> registered the tool(s) within 90 days he should start with a call to Ridgid.
    Further, he should probably start with them anyway because of the 3 year >> warranty.

Unless things have changed, Ridgid tools are made by TTI -
    TECHTRONIC INDUSTRIES CO LTD

However, TTI doesn't own the Ridgid brand, Emerson Electronics does.

https://www.protoolreviews.com/power-tool-manufacturers-who-owns-them/

Ridgid used to be sold exclusively at HD, but not anymore. Amazon sells them also although I haven't spend anytime comparing prices/kits. It looks like it might
    be one of those games where you can't exactly match model/kit numbers so you can't really compare prices. I could be wrong about that.

Lowes & Home Depot play that game with InSinkErator garbage disposals. One will
    carry Evolution Compact Lift & Latch Quiet Series 3/4 HP, the other is "out of stock" on
    that model, but sells an Evolution Select Lift & Latch Quiet Series 5/8 HP. Sh*t like that.
    You can't price match between stores. You have to compare specs down to a gnat's ass
    to make a real comparison.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Leon@21:1/5 to Scott Lurndal on Tue Apr 5 09:12:27 2022
    On 4/4/2022 5:11 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

No. You can buy Ridgid at Amazon. AND IIRC the vac has been available >>from multiple places.

Business Address:
    3395 Nostrand Ave 3P
    Brooklyn
    NY
    US

The point I was making, ;~) not a Home Depot exclusive. There were
    several businesses selling through Amazon. You pay Amazon regardless of
    who the seller is.

On that note, because of supply issues I have been ordering some of my
    Festool consumables through Amazon and they have been being shipped from Hartville Hardware. I have been to that store, while in Ohio, a couple
    of times, well maybe 3 times. ;~)

THAT store is a destination if you are ever in that neck of the woods.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Leon@21:1/5 to krw@notreal.com on Tue Apr 5 09:13:59 2022
    On 4/4/2022 7:49 PM, krw@notreal.com wrote:

On Sunday, April 3, 2022 at 5:33:54 PM UTC-4, k...@notreal.com wrote: >>>>>> On Sun, 3 Apr 2022 13:25:50 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

On Saturday, April 2, 2022 at 3:45:07 PM UTC-4, Tex Lawrence wrote: >>>>>>>> I have two rigid gen5X saws there around eight months old but one eight months later the shift quit working mocha like it’s slipping every time you try to cut a board so about another one yeah 8 to 9 months later it done the same thing shift

There is no requirement to register any product to receive warranty >>>>>> service. A proof of purchase, showing the date purchased usually is. >>>>>> Registration may be used to show proof of purchase (and reveal all >>>>>> sorts of marketing information for sale to anyone), later, if the need >>>>>> arises.

with it.

Rigid also has a 3 Limited Warranty that does not require a registration >>>>> and in fact may not even require a receipt. However, things can get messy >>>>> if you don't have one and they can't verify the purchase date(s) via the >>>>> serial numbers.

My point was - although perhaps not perfectly clear - that if the OP has >>>>> registered the tool(s) within 90 days he should start with a call to Ridgid.
    Further, he should probably start with them anyway because of the 3 year >>>>> warranty.

No. You can buy Ridgid at Amazon. AND IIRC the vac has been available >>from multiple places.

Nearly any brand of what ever is sold through Amazon anymore.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Leon@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 5 09:21:19 2022
    On 4/4/2022 9:09 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
    On Monday, April 4, 2022 at 4:08:53 PM UTC-4, k...@notreal.com wrote:

On Sunday, April 3, 2022 at 5:33:54 PM UTC-4, k...@notreal.com wrote: >>>>> On Sun, 3 Apr 2022 13:25:50 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

On Saturday, April 2, 2022 at 3:45:07 PM UTC-4, Tex Lawrence wrote: >>>>>>> I have two rigid gen5X saws there around eight months old but one eight months later the shift quit working mocha like it’s slipping every time you try to cut a board so about another one yeah 8 to 9 months later it done the same thing shift

service. A proof of purchase, showing the date purchased usually is. >>>>> Registration may be used to show proof of purchase (and reveal all
    sorts of marketing information for sale to anyone), later, if the need >>>>> arises.

with it.

Rigid also has a 3 Limited Warranty that does not require a registration >>>> and in fact may not even require a receipt. However, things can get messy >>>> if you don't have one and they can't verify the purchase date(s) via the >>>> serial numbers.

My point was - although perhaps not perfectly clear - that if the OP has >>>> registered the tool(s) within 90 days he should start with a call to Ridgid.
    Further, he should probably start with them anyway because of the 3 year >>>> warranty.

Unless things have changed, Ridgid tools are made by TTI -
    TECHTRONIC INDUSTRIES CO LTD

However, TTI doesn't own the Ridgid brand, Emerson Electronics does.

https://www.protoolreviews.com/power-tool-manufacturers-who-owns-them/

Ridgid used to be sold exclusively at HD, but not anymore.

Well kind'a sorta. Mostly correct. I do recall the Ridgid shop vacs
    being sold elsewhere.

Amazon sells them
    also although I haven't spend anytime comparing prices/kits. It looks like it might
    be one of those games where you can't exactly match model/kit numbers so you can't really compare prices. I could be wrong about that.

Lowes & Home Depot play that game with InSinkErator garbage disposals. One will
    carry Evolution Compact Lift & Latch Quiet Series 3/4 HP, the other is "out of stock" on
    that model, but sells an Evolution Select Lift & Latch Quiet Series 5/8 HP. Sh*t like that.
    You can't price match between stores. You have to compare specs down to a gnat's ass
    to make a real comparison.

FWIW even Insinkerator sell models direct not available anywhere else.
    At least that was the case when I thought I was getting a certain model,
    5 years ago, from HD and found out after installing that the version I
    thought I was getting was not all SS inside like the one directly from Insinkerator. I guess they had to offer something better too so that
    they would not be directly competing with their retailers.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Scott Lurndal@21:1/5 to Leon on Tue Apr 5 15:48:05 2022

No. You can buy Ridgid at Amazon. AND IIRC the vac has been available >>>from multiple places.

Business Address:
    3395 Nostrand Ave 3P
    Brooklyn
    NY
    US

who the seller is.

The Amazon seller (Skyline Studio) probably just buys them from HD and resells them on Amazon. Far more common than you might think.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Clare Snyder@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 5 12:31:51 2022
    On Tue, 05 Apr 2022 15:48:05 GMT, scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
    wrote:

On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 14:26:51 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote: >>>

No. You can buy Ridgid at Amazon. AND IIRC the vac has been available >>>>from multiple places.

Business Address:
    3395 Nostrand Ave 3P
    Brooklyn
    NY
    US

The point I was making, ;~) not a Home Depot exclusive. There were >>several businesses selling through Amazon. You pay Amazon regardless of >>who the seller is.

The Amazon seller (Skyline Studio) probably just buys them from HD and resells >them on Amazon. Far more common than you might think.
    Buys them on sale and marks them up - noit un-common.

Also a pretty good way to launder money - even if there is no profit
    involved.

A bit like a computer parts importer I knew who (chinese) got 180 day
    terms from his mainland chinese suppliers for container loads of
    components. He sold the first half of the container for 5% over cost
    in a matter of days or weeks, and then unloaded therest at 5% under
    cost - breaking even - and putting the procedes into the "short term
    money market"(aka loansharking) in NYC at rates of about 1% per week,
    compunded - clearingclose to 150% profit over 180 days.
    It did finally catch up to him - he's likely sitting with Jimmy
    Hoffa.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Leon@21:1/5 to Scott Lurndal on Tue Apr 5 14:35:38 2022
    On 4/5/2022 10:48 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
    On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 14:26:51 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote: >>>

No. You can buy Ridgid at Amazon. AND IIRC the vac has been available >>> >from multiple places.

Business Address:
    3395 Nostrand Ave 3P
    Brooklyn
    NY
    US

who the seller is.

The Amazon seller (Skyline Studio) probably just buys them from HD and resells
    them on Amazon. Far more common than you might think.

Certainly possible.

But

https://www.plumbersstock.com/tools/shop-vacs.html?brand=ridgid

https://www.globaltestsupply.com/product/ridgid-r7111-drill

Just saying that HD is not the only source dfornon Ridgid power tools
    and vacs.

And quite possibly the registered extended lifetime warranty may
    possibly be a HD exclusive over the normal 3 year warranty through other sellers.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Leon@21:1/5 to Leon on Tue Apr 5 14:41:27 2022
    On 4/5/2022 2:35 PM, Leon wrote:
    On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 14:26:51 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
    wrote:

No.  You can buy Ridgid at Amazon.   AND IIRC the vac has been
    available
    from multiple places.

So, not sold by amazon;  probably a drop ship.

Business Address:
              3395 Nostrand Ave 3P
              Brooklyn
              NY
              US

Note that the real ridgid store has the good plumbing stuff and none of >>>> the consumer grade home depot goods.

The point I was making, ;~)  not a Home Depot exclusive.  There were
    several businesses selling through Amazon.  You pay Amazon regardless of >>> who the seller is.

The Amazon seller (Skyline Studio) probably just buys them from HD and
    resells
    them on Amazon.  Far more common than you might think.

Certainly possible.

But

and vacs.

possibly be a HD exclusive over the normal 3 year warranty through other sellers.

Oh and,

https://www.globaltestsupply.com/category/power-tools

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Clare Snyder@21:1/5 to Leon on Tue Apr 5 15:46:11 2022
    On Tue, 5 Apr 2022 14:35:38 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote:

On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 14:26:51 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote: >>>>

No. You can buy Ridgid at Amazon. AND IIRC the vac has been available >>>> >from multiple places.

Business Address:
    3395 Nostrand Ave 3P
    Brooklyn
    NY
    US

Note that the real ridgid store has the good plumbing stuff and none of >>>> the consumer grade home depot goods.

several businesses selling through Amazon. You pay Amazon regardless of >>> who the seller is.

Certainly possible.

But

and vacs.

possibly be a HD exclusive over the normal 3 year warranty through other >sellers.
    HD was the only RETAIL source. Globaltestsupply and Plumberstock are
    trade outlets - or distributors - and they carry a rather limitted
    lineup of "pro grade" tools aimed at the professional plumber.

HD had a virtual lock on the "consumer grade" Ridgid branded power
    tool lineup.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From krw@notreal.com@21:1/5 to Leon on Tue Apr 5 19:05:32 2022
    On Tue, 5 Apr 2022 09:13:59 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote:

On 4/4/2022 7:49 PM, krw@notreal.com wrote:

On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 14:26:51 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote: >>>>
    On Sunday, April 3, 2022 at 5:33:54 PM UTC-4, k...@notreal.com wrote: >>>>>>> On Sun, 3 Apr 2022 13:25:50 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

On Saturday, April 2, 2022 at 3:45:07 PM UTC-4, Tex Lawrence wrote: >>>>>>>>> I have two rigid gen5X saws there around eight months old but one eight months later the shift quit working mocha like it’s slipping every time you try to cut a board so about another one yeah 8 to 9 months later it done the same thing shift

There is no requirement to register any product to receive warranty >>>>>>> service. A proof of purchase, showing the date purchased usually is. >>>>>>> Registration may be used to show proof of purchase (and reveal all >>>>>>> sorts of marketing information for sale to anyone), later, if the need >>>>>>> arises.

with it.

Rigid also has a 3 Limited Warranty that does not require a registration >>>>>> and in fact may not even require a receipt. However, things can get messy
    if you don't have one and they can't verify the purchase date(s) via the >>>>>> serial numbers.

My point was - although perhaps not perfectly clear - that if the OP has >>>>>> registered the tool(s) within 90 days he should start with a call to Ridgid.
    Further, he should probably start with them anyway because of the 3 year >>>>>> warranty.

No. You can buy Ridgid at Amazon. AND IIRC the vac has been available >>>from multiple places.

Nearly any brand of what ever is sold through Amazon anymore.
    Perhaps even Ridgid?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Clare Snyder@21:1/5 to Leon on Tue Apr 5 21:16:05 2022
    On Tue, 5 Apr 2022 14:41:27 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote:

On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 14:26:51 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
    wrote:

No.  You can buy Ridgid at Amazon.   AND IIRC the vac has been
    available
    from multiple places.

Business Address:
              3395 Nostrand Ave 3P
              Brooklyn
              NY
              US

Note that the real ridgid store has the good plumbing stuff and none of >>>>> the consumer grade home depot goods.

The point I was making, ;~)  not a Home Depot exclusive.  There were
    several businesses selling through Amazon.  You pay Amazon regardless of >>>> who the seller is.

The Amazon seller (Skyline Studio) probably just buys them from HD and
    resells

Certainly possible.

But

and vacs.

possibly be a HD exclusive over the normal 3 year warranty through other
    sellers.

Oh and,

Notice there are no "consumer grade" or "cordless" tools on the
    site???

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Leon@21:1/5 to Clare Snyder on Wed Apr 6 10:42:56 2022
    On 4/5/2022 2:46 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 14:26:51 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote: >>>>>

No. You can buy Ridgid at Amazon. AND IIRC the vac has been available >>>>> >from multiple places.

Business Address:
    3395 Nostrand Ave 3P
    Brooklyn
    NY
    US

Note that the real ridgid store has the good plumbing stuff and none of >>>>> the consumer grade home depot goods.

several businesses selling through Amazon. You pay Amazon regardless of >>>> who the seller is.

Certainly possible.

But

and vacs.

possibly be a HD exclusive over the normal 3 year warranty through other
    sellers.

tool lineup.

Going back to earlier in the thread, Ridgid is indeed available through
    sources other than HD. That is all I am saying.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Leon@21:1/5 to Clare Snyder on Wed Apr 6 10:51:29 2022
    On 4/5/2022 8:16 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
    On Tue, 5 Apr 2022 14:41:27 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote:

On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 14:26:51 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> >>>>>>>> wrote:

No.  You can buy Ridgid at Amazon.   AND IIRC the vac has been >>>>>>> available
    from multiple places.

Business Address:
              3395 Nostrand Ave 3P
              Brooklyn
              NY
              US

Note that the real ridgid store has the good plumbing stuff and none of >>>>>> the consumer grade home depot goods.

The point I was making, ;~)  not a Home Depot exclusive.  There were >>>>> several businesses selling through Amazon.  You pay Amazon regardless of >>>>> who the seller is.

The Amazon seller (Skyline Studio) probably just buys them from HD and >>>> resells

Certainly possible.

But

and vacs.

possibly be a HD exclusive over the normal 3 year warranty through other >>> sellers.

Oh and,

Notice there are no "consumer grade" or "cordless" tools on the
    site???

Notice that the top list of Ridgid tools is a consumer/hobbyist grade woodworking jointer.
    And a router that HD sells, the 2400 series. the 2401 vs the
    24011/24012. While different model numbers I would be shocked if you
    could not interchange any of the parts.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Clare Snyder@21:1/5 to Leon on Wed Apr 6 15:26:11 2022
    On Wed, 6 Apr 2022 10:42:56 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote:

On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 14:26:51 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote: >>>>>>

from multiple places.

Business Address:
    3395 Nostrand Ave 3P
    Brooklyn
    NY
    US

Note that the real ridgid store has the good plumbing stuff and none of >>>>>> the consumer grade home depot goods.

The point I was making, ;~) not a Home Depot exclusive. There were >>>>> several businesses selling through Amazon. You pay Amazon regardless of >>>>> who the seller is.

Certainly possible.

But

and vacs.

possibly be a HD exclusive over the normal 3 year warranty through other >>> sellers.

tool lineup.

Going back to earlier in the thread, Ridgid is indeed available through >sources other than HD. That is all I am saying.
    And I never said the pro line and specifically plumbing related tools
    were not.

Home Despot piggybacked on the reputation of Rigid brand plumbing
    tools and effectively licenced the brand for their in-house line of
    "consumer grade" tools. The only places you can buy Ridgid tools in
    Canada other than Home Despot is through trade oriented DISTRIBUTORS
    or "online retailers" Home Despot is the only "retail store" you can
    walk into and but them off the shelf.

Here in Canada it is pretty much the same story for Ryobi. If you
    want Ryobi you buy it from Home Despot or online - with the vast
    majority of the sellers being American and some of the "canadian"
    resellers drop-shipping from American distributors.
    If you go to https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/brand-pages/ryobi-tools-and-accessories.html?msclkid=6d0d4034b5dd11eca3eb57996ae36695
    it even says " RYOBI® Tools Exclusively at The Home Depot"

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Leon@21:1/5 to Clare Snyder on Wed Apr 6 18:51:34 2022
    On 4/6/2022 2:26 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
    On Wed, 6 Apr 2022 10:42:56 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote:

from multiple places.

Business Address:
    3395 Nostrand Ave 3P
    Brooklyn
    NY
    US

Note that the real ridgid store has the good plumbing stuff and none of >>>>>>> the consumer grade home depot goods.

The point I was making, ;~) not a Home Depot exclusive. There were >>>>>> several businesses selling through Amazon. You pay Amazon regardless of >>>>>> who the seller is.

Certainly possible.

But

and vacs.

possibly be a HD exclusive over the normal 3 year warranty through other >>>> sellers.

tool lineup.

Going back to earlier in the thread, Ridgid is indeed available through
    sources other than HD. That is all I am saying.
    And I never said the pro line and specifically plumbing related tools
    were not.

Ok to be clear, Keith, aka KRW, thought that Ridgid was a house brand,
    and he most likely meant the woodworking tools and not the pro-grade
    plumbing tools.

I pointed out that you could buy Ridgid tools, and "now" to be more
    specific the home owner grade ww tools, at Amazon Among other places,
    plumbing supplys that offer jointers, routers, and jigsaws.

Home Despot piggybacked on the reputation of Rigid brand plumbing
    tools and effectively licenced the brand for their in-house line of
    "consumer grade" tools. The only places you can buy Ridgid tools in
    Canada other than Home Despot is through trade oriented DISTRIBUTORS
    or "online retailers" Home Despot is the only "retail store" you can
    walk into and but them off the shelf.

That is possibly true, using the name of a reputable plumbing tool
    company, but HD is not the only store that sells Ridgid homeowner grade
    tools in the USA. The Ridgid vacs have always been available at a
    multitude of tool stores.

https://www.acmetools.com/ridgid/vacuums/?oci=ridgid-vacuums

And there appear to be walk in stores for Acmetools. Tthey have a
    location locator on their web site.

In the Houston area there is a outlet mall that had a tool store that
    sold both Ryobi and Ridgid woodworking power tools along with many other brands. FWIW I bought my first Ryobi AP10 bench top planer from a local
    tool dealer in Houston.
    And while in Canada things may be different, the same is apparently not
    so in the USA. Ryobi too can be bought through Amazon now and unlike
    the Ridgid ww tools Ryobi appears to not be sold through some one that
    might be buying and reselling on Amazon.

Here in Canada it is pretty much the same story for Ryobi. If you
    want Ryobi you buy it from Home Despot or online - with the vast
    majority of the sellers being American and some of the "canadian"
    resellers drop-shipping from American distributors.
    If you go to https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/brand-pages/ryobi-tools-and-accessories.html?msclkid=6d0d4034b5dd11eca3eb57996ae36695
    it even says " RYOBI® Tools Exclusively at The Home Depot"

But switching to the HD USA website, I do not see that Ryobi being
    touted as exclusively at HD.

https://www.homedepot.com/b/RYOBI/N-5yc1vZm5d?NCNI-5&searchRedirect=ryobi&semanticToken=300r10r00122000000_202204062322256668249110254_us-east1-qh8n%20300r10r00122000000%20%3E%20%20st%3A%7Bryobi%7D%3Ast%20tgr%3A%7BNo%20stage%20info%7D%20qu%3A%7Bryobi%7D%
    3Aqu

And again at Amazon,

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=RYOBI

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05