• no clue newb with a magnum nova

From Ben@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 12 10:55:16 2015
    So here's the story.

I bought an old magnum nova from a likely crazy man on the side of the road for 40$. We were no where near water.
    I have the:
    Board
    mast
    dagger board
    skeg
    sail
    boom
    and the rope to pull up sail

My question is how on earth does the boom attach to the mast?
    is it tied on? Am I missing some sort of clamp? If so will i need time travel to get this mystery part?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From benkaufman1@yahoo.com@21:1/5 to Ben on Fri Oct 23 22:39:39 2015
    On Saturday, September 12, 2015 at 1:55:17 PM UTC-4, Ben wrote:
    So here's the story.

I bought an old magnum nova from a likely crazy man on the side of the road for 40$. We were no where near water.
    I have the:
    Board
    mast
    dagger board
    skeg
    sail
    boom

is it tied on? Am I missing some sort of clamp? If so will i need time travel to get this mystery part?

According to Google, this is 1980s gear. It is very, very old stuff. In comparison to TV, it is the equivalent of a 1950 television, but probably without the collectors' value.

Yes, the boom probably is tied on to the mast. That's how it was done back then.
    http://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Windsurfing/General/Help-Rigging-a-Boom-2/

If you are a gluten for punishment or enjoy highly eccentric behavior , Google can be your friend. Otherwise, throw it out.

Ben

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From rsleemd@gmail.com@21:1/5 to benka...@yahoo.com on Sat Oct 24 09:09:16 2015
    On Friday, October 23, 2015 at 11:39:41 PM UTC-6, benka...@yahoo.com wrote:
    On Saturday, September 12, 2015 at 1:55:17 PM UTC-4, Ben wrote:
    So here's the story.

I have the:
    Board
    mast
    dagger board
    skeg
    sail
    boom

According to Google, this is 1980s gear. It is very, very old stuff. In comparison to TV, it is the equivalent of a 1950 television, but probably without the collectors' value.

Yes, the boom probably is tied on to the mast. That's how it was done back then.
    http://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Windsurfing/General/Help-Rigging-a-Boom-2/

If you are a gluten for punishment or enjoy highly eccentric behavior , Google can be your friend. Otherwise, throw it out.

Ben

I think he might be gluten free!

Seriously, I have a clamp-on boom that I can sell at a very reasonable price. That will make your life infinitely easier if you still want to try out your $40 investment.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05