• Trying to decide which video editor to try learning with

From mur@.@21:1/5 to All on Sun Dec 16 22:46:15 2018
    XPost: rec.video.desktop, rec.video.production

Hi,

I'd like to try learning to do some basic video editing, to be able to mix in shots from different vids and from different sections in the same vid and shorten things etc. Also to be able to add sounds and music. And as you can tell
    I'm not only very new to it but haven't even tried doing any yet. At this point I'm trying to find the best free or cheap editor to use, so would like one that's fairly easy to learn and also that's popular enough I can ask for help in
    forums. Maybe even some of them have their own forums? I found that to be true and a great forum it is for Reaper DAW for example. Right now from a review I read and then some Youtube tutorials I'm thinking hard about trying Openshot. Would that be as good to start out with as any?

Thank you for any help or suggestions!

David

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Carl Fink@21:1/5 to All on Mon Dec 17 14:04:28 2018
    XPost: rec.video.desktop, rec.video.production

On 2018-12-17, mur@. <mur@> wrote:
    Hi,

I'd like to try learning to do some basic video editing, to be able to mix in shots from different vids and from different sections in the same vid and shorten things etc. Also to be able to add sounds and music. And as you can tell
    I'm not only very new to it but haven't even tried doing any yet. At this point
    I'm trying to find the best free or cheap editor to use, so would like one that's fairly easy to learn and also that's popular enough I can ask for help in
    forums. Maybe even some of them have their own forums? I found that to be true
    and a great forum it is for Reaper DAW for example. Right now from a review I read and then some Youtube tutorials I'm thinking hard about trying Openshot. Would that be as good to start out with as any?

Avidemux is free, works well on lower-end equipment, and is fairly easy to
    use as nonlinear editors go. Experience with it would transfer to more
    capable software if you decide you need, say, fancy transitions, chromakey, etc.
    --
    Carl Fink nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read John Grant's book, Corrupted Science: http://a.co/9UsUoGu
    Dedicated to ... Carl Fink!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)