• Bahamas Visa Requirements for Indian Citizens

From Ray@21:1/5 to antje.tamayo@gmail.com on Tue May 24 13:48:43 2016
    On 5/20/2016 7:09 PM, antje.tamayo@gmail.com wrote:
    mark are u there?

You are replying to a 12 year old post!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From antje.tamayo@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri May 20 19:09:23 2016
    Em sexta-feira, 12 de novembro de 2004 15:31:23 UTC-2, MarkT escreveu:
    Tom, wrong on a couple of points. The parents appear to already be in the US. No comment is made about them coming from India, just being Indian citizens.

Second, India is an independent country, not a part of the British Commonwealth, which really doesn't exist any longer. The Bahamas have a bit closer tie, but are independent as well.

Mark T.

"Thomas Smith" <thomas.smith19@worldnet.att.net-NO-SPAM> wrote in message news:jnTkd.885684$Gx4.36132@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    It would be more appropriate to ask the Bahamian embassy in India, since that is where the traveler is coming from, and if a visa is required, they would be where the traveler would apply from. That said, as I understand it, both India and the Bahamas are parts of the British Commonwealth of Nations, and visas may not be required for citizens of member nations to travel between them. Again, check with the Bahamian embassy in India.

--
    I'm Tom Smith, and I approved this message.

"Rosalie B." <gmbeasley@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:kba7p05cednl31buac95s369kms7n2m8i7@4ax.com...
    "MarkT" <marktac(nospam)@verizon.net> wrote:

Who would you rather believe...a travel agent not in the visa business,
    or
    the official government office of the country you are traveling to?
    Nuff
    said? Get the visa.

Except that the government people don't ALWAYS know what they are
    talking about. Having been one, I know.

I would talk to the Bahamian office in Nassau directly. I think they will know better about tourists coming to the Bahamas than the office
    in Miami will - the Miami office mostly concerned with Bahamian
    citizens coming to the US.

And check the long distance charges on your phone first and get some
    kind of service that doesn't charge a couple of dollars per minute to call the Bahamas.

Mark T.
    "Vik Mehta" <aul1231@yahoo.com> wrote in message >news:2df8b8ca.0411110642.7ca65fb3@posting.google.com...
    My parents, who are Indian citizens, are scheduled to go for a
    Carnival cruise to the Bahamas from Miami. They've been getting
    conflicting information regarding their visa requirements. Carnival >> leaves the visa formalities to the passengers and does not offer any >> information, however Royal Caribbean explicity says that Indian
    citizens do not require a Bahamian visa as long as they have a valid >> visa to get back to the US.

My parents' travel agent insists that they don't require a visa,
    however the Bahamas Consulate General office in Miami says they do!

Anyone who knows more about this - please write.

Thanks in advance.
    Vik

grandma Rosalie

mark are u there?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)