• If I were in charge of programming at CBC or Sports net1

From piperut@21:1/5 to All on Sat Dec 5 02:10:11 2020
    Greetings all;

October through about June ... no NHL, so I started looking around on the internet for different leagues. Both the KHL and the SHL (Swedish) leagues have started playing. Most games have no fans, but a few have a 10% capacity of fans.

I normally sign up for the NHL TV package on NHL.com. I get most of the games that way, but a few are blacked out. I also manage to stream some of the CBC regionals on the internet. Hockey Night in Canada is normally on Saturday Night starting around
    17:00 or 18:00 Mountain time.

I just finished watching a KHL game that was on the East Coast of Russia in a town called Khabarovsk.

Now if I was at CBC or Sportsnet (or if I knew anyone there) ... I would hit them up with the idea of trying to get the KHL and the SHL to schedule games so CBC or Sportsnet could pick them up for Hockey Night In Canada.

Working out the time frames - a 13:00 Sunday Afternoon game in Khabarovsk would end up being played at 20:00 Mountain (19:00 in Vancouver) on Saturday Evening. A 19:00 game in Sweden would end up being at 11:00 (morning) Mountain, 10:00 Vancouver time
    on the same day. So it would be possible for Hockey Night in Canada to get a few games on Saturdays, and maybe Sundays...

A number of the players in the KHL and SHL have played in the NHL. Where are they now list of hockey players: https://larry-fisher.com/2014/05/02/where-are-they-now-a-complete-list-of-nhlers-playing-overseas/

roland

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From The Doctor@21:1/5 to piperut@gmail.com on Sat Dec 5 14:21:04 2020
    In article <81a08b31-7f1e-42b3-870c-275e7fb6d7b3n@googlegroups.com>,
    piperut <piperut@gmail.com> wrote:
    Greetings all;

October through about June ... no NHL, so I started looking around on
    the internet for different leagues. Both the KHL and the SHL (Swedish) >leagues have started playing. Most games have no fans, but a few have a
    10% capacity of fans.

I normally sign up for the NHL TV package on NHL.com. I get most of the >games that way, but a few are blacked out. I also manage to stream some
    of the CBC regionals on the internet. Hockey Night in Canada is
    normally on Saturday Night starting around 17:00 or 18:00 Mountain time.

I just finished watching a KHL game that was on the East Coast of Russia
    in a town called Khabarovsk.

Now if I was at CBC or Sportsnet (or if I knew anyone there) ... I would
    hit them up with the idea of trying to get the KHL and the SHL to
    schedule games so CBC or Sportsnet could pick them up for Hockey Night
    In Canada.

Working out the time frames - a 13:00 Sunday Afternoon game in
    Khabarovsk would end up being played at 20:00 Mountain (19:00 in
    Vancouver) on Saturday Evening. A 19:00 game in Sweden would end up
    being at 11:00 (morning) Mountain, 10:00 Vancouver time on the same
    day. So it would be possible for Hockey Night in Canada to get a few
    games on Saturdays, and maybe Sundays...

A number of the players in the KHL and SHL have played in the NHL.
    Where are they now list of hockey players: >https://larry-fisher.com/2014/05/02/where-are-they-now-a-complete-list-of-nhlers-playing-overseas/

roland

Such is a pandemic!!
    --
    Member - Liberal International This is doctor@@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@@nl2k.ab.ca
    Yahweh, Queen & country!Never Satan President Republic!Beware AntiChrist rising!
    Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism https://www.empire.kred/ROOTNK?t=94a1f39b Merry Christmas 2020 and Happy New Year 2021 !

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)