• HAS ANYBODY SEEN OR HEARD FROM CHARLES BUTLER ??

From d.groenefeld@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Mar 11 19:13:18 2016
    Charles lives allready in Germany. He plays table Tennis Hamburg.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From fsexton36@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 21 11:07:01 2016
    Hi Tim, If you are still in this , no it wasn't me , it was someone else from Detroit. I just started playing TT again after 18 years away, I'm finding it tough after some initial success. How are Eric and Scott doing ? Hope your health is still good,
    Frank

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Robert Trudell@21:1/5 to fsex...@gmail.com on Sat Nov 26 16:59:13 2016
    On Friday, October 21, 2016 at 11:07:02 AM UTC-7, fsex...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hi Tim, If you are still in this , no it wasn't me , it was someone else from Detroit. I just started playing TT again after 18 years away, I'm finding it tough after some initial success. How are Eric and Scott doing ? Hope your health is still good,
    Frank

Someone made a late night Booty Call to Tim? sJan emailed and claimed it was him.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Robert Trudell@21:1/5 to 6ko...@gmail.com on Sat Nov 26 17:10:46 2016
    On Wednesday, May 27, 2015 at 12:44:39 PM UTC-7, 6ko...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Friday, January 25, 2002 at 5:45:51 PM UTC-6, BICENBKS wrote:
    Charles "Bubba" Butler was a machine. He could do over
    70 pull-ups. He nearly made the U.S. Team one year,
    then moved to Europe for several years. Does anyone
    know if he ever made it back to Texas?

Mike

Wow this is a really old message-- if anyone knows Charles' whereabouts I'd love to find him if it's the guy I'm thinking of. He was from Texas and we worked and went to school together in Oklahoma for a short while in '73 - '75. Last I knew he was
    playing exhibition shows with the harlem globetrotters way back then. If anyone has news please contact me m.grall@hotmail.com

You might check with Vigo Christophersen at the Spinfactory in Hamburg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iIp1vML0DA

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Robert Trudell@21:1/5 to Robert Trudell on Sat Nov 26 17:19:43 2016
    On Saturday, November 26, 2016 at 6:10:47 PM UTC-7, Robert Trudell wrote:
    On Wednesday, May 27, 2015 at 12:44:39 PM UTC-7, 6ko...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Friday, January 25, 2002 at 5:45:51 PM UTC-6, BICENBKS wrote:

Mike

Wow this is a really old message-- if anyone knows Charles' whereabouts I'd love to find him if it's the guy I'm thinking of. He was from Texas and we worked and went to school together in Oklahoma for a short while in '73 - '75. Last I knew he was
    playing exhibition shows with the harlem globetrotters way back then. If anyone has news please contact me m.grall@hotmail.com

You might check with Vigo Christophersen at the Spinfactory in Hamburg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iIp1vML0DA

Bill Kenig says, "He's rich. Too bad he doesn't have a sister."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bobrosepm@gmail.com@21:1/5 to missycu...@gmail.com on Sun Jun 17 16:38:16 2018
    On Monday, April 28, 2014 at 6:36:45 PM UTC-7, missycu...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Friday, January 25, 2002 5:46:53 PM UTC-6, BICENBKS wrote:

Mike

Does anyone have any information on Charles (Bubba) Butler

I knew Charles Butler, in fact I beat him in a tournament (with the spot) and won $30. It was the final game of the night....I had recently attended a clinic in Pittsburgh taught by Danny and Ricky SEEMILLER and beat him using anti on one side and a
    beefed up extra thick rubber on the other. I was spotted 18 points and won with the score 21/12 or something like that. The tournament was in 1974 and it was held at Slippery Rock College. Charles was a rated player in Pennsylvania, and had the best
    loop around. I was very intimidated having to play him.

Charles was crushing me during the match so I switched to the SEEMILLER backhand and extended my arm as far as I could during the vollies. The ball would spin a little weird when I did that, and I knew if I waited for the right moment Charles would loop
    one just a little weak eventually. He did and I slammed it into his midsection (handcuffing him). I did that move enough to win. (I only had to win 3 points per game to beat him with the handicap system)

If you ever do talk to Charles he will remember that night...guaranteed. He wasn't happy!

Bob Rose

bobrosepm@gmail.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bill Hileman@21:1/5 to BICENBKS on Thu Jul 5 17:04:22 2018
    On Friday, January 25, 2002 at 6:45:51 PM UTC-5, BICENBKS wrote:

Mike

I wasn't on a first-name basis with him or anything but I'd seen him play at various tourneys in Pennsylvania in the 70's and I'm pretty sure he was at the '77 Seemiller summer camp in Pittsburgh with me. Eric Boggan was there, too. I enjoyed watching
    Charles play. He was intense, focused.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From udoduemmer@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 14 03:42:59 2018
    Am Freitag, 6. Juli 2018 02:04:23 UTC+2 schrieb Bill Hileman:

Mike

I wasn't on a first-name basis with him or anything but I'd seen him play at various tourneys in Pennsylvania in the 70's and I'm pretty sure he was at the '77 Seemiller summer camp in Pittsburgh with me. Eric Boggan was there, too. I enjoyed
    watching Charles play. He was intense, focused.

Still playing 10th league in Germany: https://www.mytischtennis.de/clicktt/HaTTV/18-19/ligen/1-Bezirksliga-Herren-Staffel-1/gruppe/339597/mannschaft/2101498/Walddoerfer-SV-V/spielerbilanzen/vr

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Xix Internal Critic@21:1/5 to udodu...@gmail.com on Thu Jul 29 13:25:39 2021
    udodu...@gmail.com schrieb am Mittwoch, 14. November 2018 um 12:43:00 UTC+1:

Mike

I wasn't on a first-name basis with him or anything but I'd seen him play at various tourneys in Pennsylvania in the 70's and I'm pretty sure he was at the '77 Seemiller summer camp in Pittsburgh with me. Eric Boggan was there, too. I enjoyed
    Still playing 10th league in Germany: https://www.mytischtennis.de/clicktt/HaTTV/18-19/ligen/1-Bezirksliga-Herren-Staffel-1/gruppe/339597/mannschaft/2101498/Walddoerfer-SV-V/spielerbilanzen/vr

Hello mates,

Charles Butler died 24.12.2020 aged 67 from cancer.
    I loved him. He teached me everything.

Kind Regards
    Marcus

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Larry Goldfarb@21:1/5 to Xix Internal Critic on Wed Jan 26 02:07:29 2022
    On Friday, July 30, 2021 at 8:25:40 AM UTC+12, Xix Internal Critic wrote:

Mike

Hello mates,

Kind Regards
    Marcus

This is very sad news but thanks for posting. My condolences to his family. I played nearly daily with Charles butler in the mid 70's at Danny's club in Pittsburgh where he and Gary Fagan were die-hard players practicing to be champions. We traveled
    together to many tournaments, mainly in Gary's rotary engine Mazda as Charles Camaro was a bit older and not in as good a road condition. Charles was a gentlemen and a hard competitor. I think I once heard that Charles and Gary drove from Pittsburgh to
    Omaha, played a few matches, lost and drove back only to start practicing and playing as soon as they got back. That may be called crazy but that was hw dedicated they were to table tennis. May Charles rest in peace.

Cheers,

Larry

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Xix Internal Critic@21:1/5 to Larry Goldfarb on Mon Oct 3 17:46:26 2022
    Larry Goldfarb schrieb am Mittwoch, 26. Januar 2022 um 11:07:29 UTC+1:
    On Friday, July 30, 2021 at 8:25:40 AM UTC+12, Xix Internal Critic wrote:

Mike

Hello mates,

Kind Regards
    Marcus
    This is very sad news but thanks for posting. My condolences to his family. I played nearly daily with Charles butler in the mid 70's at Danny's club in Pittsburgh where he and Gary Fagan were die-hard players practicing to be champions. We traveled
    together to many tournaments, mainly in Gary's rotary engine Mazda as Charles Camaro was a bit older and not in as good a road condition. Charles was a gentlemen and a hard competitor. I think I once heard that Charles and Gary drove from Pittsburgh to
    Omaha, played a few matches, lost and drove back only to start practicing and playing as soon as they got back. That may be called crazy but that was hw dedicated they were to table tennis. May Charles rest in peace.

Cheers,

Larryhttps://walddoerfer-sv.de/sportangebot/tischtennis/berichte/nachruf-charles-butler/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05