• Wang Liqin's rubbers

From Davis@posting.posting.usenet@21:1/5 to victor@usenet.NO_UCEloopdrive.net on Tue Aug 3 13:19:22 2021
    Hi Victor ,
    You were referrring Erik Lindh & Persson's blue rubbers
    It is funny how we have come in full circles.They are going to be
    legal again in a few weeks (October 1 2021).

New colors in addition to current black & red :- pink, violet, green
    and blue

https://www.ittf.com/2021/02/03/emotional-theory-colours-new-rubber-colours-decided/

So when are you going to get your equipment committee repeal the
    Aspect Ratio Regulation.
    It is practically dead in countrie slike China & Korea & was
    officialized in an Indiana tournament on July 17 2021

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 00:17:50 GMT, Victor Kan <victor@usenet.NO_UCEloopdrive.net> wrote:

I think when the topsheet is translucent they use dye; when it's opaque they >> use pigment. Most pairs have red: translucent, black: opaque. The blue and >> green from Yasaka and Donic respectively, were translucent. The only
    tranlucent black I know of is Nittaku Glasnost. IMO, black has a longer
    dwell time than red for a given pair--even for Chinese pips-out which are
    usually opaque in both colors.

Man, I'll have to give Nittaku Glasnost a try, if only because I'm a
    firm believer in the evil that is the usual (opaque) black rubber.

Now that I think about it, I think the ASTI black rubber might have been >translucent, but I'm not sure.

This is why (again according to him) the red & black rubbers of the same >>>brand may not play the close to same let alone identical.

I can certainly believe it, given how differently Mendo MP red and black >play.

First came the two-color rule and then perhaps two years later the red-black >> rule. Eric Lindh was playing with Mark V--red forehand, blue backhand.
    Having to switch from blue to black screwed up his backhand. Jorgen Persson >> suffered also. He had to switch from a Donic green to black.

I really loved the green DHS 7412 inverted rubber I used many years ago.
    Fantastic control and dwell time, without being tacky.

--
    This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)