• Status of Things in the US Right Now

From Ja-Son-Wan-Kenobi Has the High Grou@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 15 14:53:05 2023
    Joe Biden: Provides clear, smart, dignified leadership and stands by Israel

The GOP Congress: still squabbling like a bunch of pre-schoolers, George Santos defrauded many of his donors, (but no, we're not ask him to resign) and there's STILL NO SPEAKER.

Donald Trump: Hamas are, and I quote, "SMART"

That's where we're at kids. God Bless America!

Jason

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Skeeter@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 15 19:57:58 2023
    In article <472e6bbb-f754-4842-af77-eb06094e228fn@googlegroups.com>, davidbrown20782@gmail.com says...

I didn't know you were a comedian.

The GOP Congress: still squabbling like a bunch of pre-schoolers, George Santos defrauded many of his donors, (but no, we're not ask him to resign) and there's STILL NO SPEAKER.

And? Is there a point here or are you just need to let it out?

With the help of Iran. You can't plan an attack like that being dumb.

The only bad news I see is you stinking up the group again.

Jason

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From ]v[etaphoid@21:1/5 to Ja-Son-Wan-Kenobi Has the High Grou on Mon Oct 16 03:48:48 2023
    Ja-Son-Wan-Kenobi Has the High Ground <davidbrown20782@gmail.com> wrote:

As well he might stand by them.

Not least since he essentially preempted the current uncertainty in the
    Middle East by abandoning Afghanistan and all western allies by cutting and running. And let’s not forget all of the munitions and tools of war left behind to be distributed amongst the Taliban and Iranians onlookers.

China, Russia, the Taliban and Hamas thank Joe for his dignified capitulation…

Never mind the status of America, the world is in an infinitely worse, less safe state since Biden came to power.

“Fuck that, we don't have to worry about that. We did it in Vietnam, Nixon and Kissinger got away with it…”

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ja-Son-Wan-Kenobi Has the High Grou@21:1/5 to Skeeter on Mon Oct 16 06:29:10 2023
    On Sunday, October 15, 2023 at 9:58:04 PM UTC-4, Skeeter wrote:
    In article <472e6bbb-f754-4842...@googlegroups.com>,
    davidbr...@gmail.com says...

Yawn.

The guy who always complains "Yew dont care about the country as long az yer side wins! DERRRP" is criticizing Biden and praising the infantile and corrupt GOP.
    Because of course he is.

Always rushing to Goblin's defense.
    And while he's critical of Netanyahu -- as I and many others have been -- he's mostly cheesed about how Netanyahu acknowledged Biden's win soon after the 2020 Election, and is also claiming Hamas wouldn't have attacked if the election hadn't been rigged
    and he was still president.

The criticism is a stark reversal from the firm friendship Trump shared with Netanyahu while in office, embracing the Israeli leader at every turn. But it’s driven by animosity Trump has held for Netanyahu ever since the prime minister publicly
    acknowledged that Joe Biden won the 2020 election. In the months that followed, Trump accused Netanyahu of disloyalty and fumed to Axios, “F*** him.”

Though Trump later congratulated Netanyahu after he returned to power late last year, his hostility toward him has hardly waned, sources familiar with his thinking told CNN, and Trump maintains that Netanyahu shouldn’t have commented on Biden’s win.
    At the campaign event Wednesday night, Trump again resurfaced his false claims of election fraud and suggested that Hamas’ attack wouldn’t have happened if he were president.

“If the election wasn’t rigged, there would be nobody even thinking about going into Israel,” the former president told his supporters.

So again, it's all ME ME ME ME RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED. That's the kind of leadership you love I guess.

Facts. An inconvenient thing.

Jason

BTW can you share this with your Australian Waterboy?

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/08/donald-trump-joe-biden-afghanistan

Trump Hopes No One Remembers He Pushed for a Full Afghanistan Withdrawal in June
    The 45th president is desperately trying to rewrite his own Afghanistan history.

BY BESS LEVIN

AUGUST 16, 2021

s you’ve no doubt heard by now, the Biden administration’s decision to leave Afghanistan has become an unmitigated disaster thanks to the shocking speed with which the Taliban have taken control of the country. Obviously the situation isn’t solely
    the fault of Joe Biden; rather, it’s a 20-year scene in the making, started by a guy who would prefer to be associated with his painting career than with the deaths of thousands of Americans and two unending wars. As my colleague Eric Lutz noted
    earlier, though, it is the case that “what is happening in Afghanistan is precisely what Biden said, in no uncertain terms, would not happen,” from his insistence that the Afghan government would be able to hold the line against the Taliban to his
    claim that under no circumstances would we see “people being lifted off the roof of an embassy of the United States from Afghanistan,” which was almost exactly the case. Most heartbreaking, the administration had sworn it would protect Afghan
    nationals and other partners on the ground, but many have been left in a terrifying state of limbo.

Still, Biden’s three presidential predecessors aren’t exactly in a position to criticize. Of course, understanding why they should keep their thoughts on the matter to themselves at this time requires self-awareness—something Donald Trump was born
    without, hence his absurd call over the weekend for Biden to resign:

Weirdly, Trump did not note in his statement that less than two months ago, he was bragging about how he started the Afghanistan-withdrawal process and claiming the Biden administration was powerless to stop it.

Or that someone on his team decided to delete from his website an April statement in which he said, “Getting out of Afghanistan is a wonderful and positive thing to do,” chastising Biden for not doing it sooner than September 11.

Biden referenced the deal Trump struck with the Taliban—which the GOP hopes people will forget—in his statement over the weekend, saying: “When I came to office, I inherited a deal cut by my predecessor—which he invited the Taliban to discuss at
    Camp David on the eve of 9/11 of 2019—that left the Taliban in the strongest position militarily since 2001 and imposed a May 1, 2021, deadline on U.S. forces. Shortly before he left office, he also drew U.S. forces down to a bare minimum of 2,500.
    Therefore, when I became president, I faced a choice—follow through on the deal, with a brief extension to get our forces and our allies’ forces out safely, or ramp up our presence and send more American troops to fight once again in another country
    s civil conflict. I was the fourth president to preside over an American troop presence in Afghanistan—two Republicans, two Democrats. I would not, and will not, pass this war on to a fifth.”

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Skeeter@21:1/5 to All on Mon Oct 16 09:24:14 2023
    In article <2ebc27f9-b474-4ff8-939d-5463e867dcd1n@googlegroups.com>, davidbrown20782@gmail.com says...

On Sunday, October 15, 2023 at 9:58:04PM UTC-4, Skeeter wrote:
    In article <472e6bbb-f754-4842...@googlegroups.com>,

Yawn.

The guy who always complains "Yew dont care about the country as long az yer side wins! DERRRP" is criticizing Biden and praising the infantile and corrupt GOP.
    Because of course he is.

Who did that?

YOU always bringing his name into everything.

And while he's critical of Netanyahu -- as I and many others have been -- he's mostly cheesed about how Netanyahu acknowledged Biden's win soon after the 2020 Election, and is also claiming Hamas wouldn't have attacked if the election hadn't been
    rigged and he was still president.

and?

The criticism is a stark reversal from the firm friendship Trump shared with Netanyahu while in office, embracing the Israeli leader at every turn. But it?s driven by animosity Trump has held for Netanyahu ever since the prime minister publicly
    acknowledged that Joe Biden won the 2020 election. In the months that followed, Trump accused Netanyahu of disloyalty and fumed to Axios, ?F*** him.?

Though Trump later congratulated Netanyahu after he returned to power late last year, his hostility toward him has hardly waned, sources familiar with his thinking told CNN, and Trump maintains that Netanyahu shouldn?t have commented on Biden?s win. At
    the campaign event Wednesday night, Trump again resurfaced his false claims of election fraud and suggested that Hamas? attack wouldn?t have happened if he were president.

?If the election wasn?t rigged, there would be nobody even thinking about going into Israel,? the former president told his supporters.

So again, it's all ME ME ME ME RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED. That's the kind of leadership you love I guess.

Jason

Trump Hopes No One Remembers He Pushed for a Full Afghanistan Withdrawal in June
    The 45th president is desperately trying to rewrite his own Afghanistan history.

BY BESS LEVIN

AUGUST 16, 2021

s you?ve no doubt heard by now, the Biden administration?s decision to
    leave Afghanistan has become an unmitigated disaster thanks to the
    shocking speed with which the Taliban have taken control of the country. Obviously the situation isn?t solely the fault of Joe Biden; rather,
    it?s a 20-year scene in the making, started by a guy who would prefer to
    be associated with his painting career than with the deaths of thousands
    of Americans and two unending wars. As my colleague Eric Lutz noted
    earlier, though, it is the case that what is happening in Afghanistan is precisely what Biden said, in no uncertain terms, would not happen,?
    from his insistence that the Afghan government would be able to hold the
    line against the Taliban to his claim that under no circumstances would
    we see ?people being lifted off the roof of an embassy of the United
    States from Afghanistan,? which was almost exactly the case. Most heartbreaking, the administration had sworn it would protect Afghan
    nationals and other partners on the ground, but many have been left in a terrifying state of limbo.

Still, Biden?s three presidential predecessors aren?t exactly in a position to criticize. Of course, understanding why they should keep their thoughts on the matter to themselves at this time requires self-awareness?something Donald Trump was born

Weirdly, Trump did not note in his statement that less than two months ago, he was bragging about how he started the Afghanistan-withdrawal process and claiming the Biden administration was powerless to stop it.

Or that someone on his team decided to delete from his website an April statement in which he said, ?Getting out of Afghanistan is a wonderful and positive thing to do,? chastising Biden for not doing it sooner than September 11.

Biden referenced the deal Trump struck with the Taliban?which the GOP hopes people will forget?in his statement over the weekend, saying: ?When I came to office, I inherited a deal cut by my predecessor?which he invited the Taliban to discuss at Camp
    David on the eve of 9/11 of 2019?that left the Taliban in the strongest position militarily since 2001 and imposed a May 1, 2021, deadline on U.S. forces. Shortly before he left office, he also drew U.S. forces down to a
    bare minimum of 2,500. Therefore, when I became president, I faced a choice?follow through on the deal, with a brief extension to get our forces and our allies? forces out safely, or ramp up our presence and send more American troops to fight once again
    in another country?s civil conflict. I was the fourth president to preside over an American troop presence in Afghanistan?two Republicans, two Democrats. I would not, and will not, pass this war on to a fifth.?

I can't read all that tear stained bullshit. Post something that
    matters.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ja-Son-Wan-Kenobi Has the High Grou@21:1/5 to Skeeter on Mon Oct 16 13:14:06 2023
    On Monday, October 16, 2023 at 11:24:21 AM UTC-4, Skeeter wrote:
    In article <2ebc27f9-b474-4ff8...@googlegroups.com>,

On Sunday, October 15, 2023 at 9:58:04 PM UTC-4, Skeeter wrote:
    In article <472e6bbb-f754-4842...@googlegroups.com>, davidbr...@gmail.com says...

Yawn.

Because of course he is.
    Who did that?

YOU always bringing his name into everything.
    And while he's critical of Netanyahu -- as I and many others have been -- he's mostly cheesed about how Netanyahu acknowledged Biden's win soon after the 2020 Election, and is also claiming Hamas wouldn't have attacked if the election hadn't been
    rigged and he was still president.
    and?

The criticism is a stark reversal from the firm friendship Trump shared with Netanyahu while in office, embracing the Israeli leader at every turn. But it?s driven by animosity Trump has held for Netanyahu ever since the prime minister publicly
    acknowledged that Joe Biden won the 2020 election. In the months that followed, Trump accused Netanyahu of disloyalty and fumed to Axios, ?F*** him.?

Though Trump later congratulated Netanyahu after he returned to power late last year, his hostility toward him has hardly waned, sources familiar with his thinking told CNN, and Trump maintains that Netanyahu shouldn?t have commented on Biden?s win.
    At the campaign event Wednesday night, Trump again resurfaced his false claims of election fraud and suggested that Hamas? attack wouldn?t have happened if he were president.

?If the election wasn?t rigged, there would be nobody even thinking about going into Israel,? the former president told his supporters.

Jason

BY BESS LEVIN

AUGUST 16, 2021

s you?ve no doubt heard by now, the Biden administration?s decision to
    leave Afghanistan has become an unmitigated disaster thanks to the
    shocking speed with which the Taliban have taken control of the country. Obviously the situation isn?t solely the fault of Joe Biden; rather,
    it?s a 20-year scene in the making, started by a guy who would prefer to
    be associated with his painting career than with the deaths of thousands
    of Americans and two unending wars. As my colleague Eric Lutz noted
    earlier, though, it is the case that what is happening in Afghanistan is precisely what Biden said, in no uncertain terms, would not happen,?
    from his insistence that the Afghan government would be able to hold the line against the Taliban to his claim that under no circumstances would
    we see ?people being lifted off the roof of an embassy of the United
    States from Afghanistan,? which was almost exactly the case. Most heartbreaking, the administration had sworn it would protect Afghan nationals and other partners on the ground, but many have been left in a terrifying state of limbo.

Still, Biden?s three presidential predecessors aren?t exactly in a position to criticize. Of course, understanding why they should keep their thoughts on the matter to themselves at this time requires self-awareness?something Donald Trump was born

Or that someone on his team decided to delete from his website an April statement in which he said, ?Getting out of Afghanistan is a wonderful and positive thing to do,? chastising Biden for not doing it sooner than September 11.

Biden referenced the deal Trump struck with the Taliban?which the GOP hopes people will forget?in his statement over the weekend, saying: ?When I came to office, I inherited a deal cut by my predecessor?which he invited the Taliban to discuss at Camp
    David on the eve of 9/11 of 2019?that left the Taliban in the strongest position militarily since 2001 and imposed a May 1, 2021, deadline on U.S. forces. Shortly before he left office, he also drew U.S. forces down to a
    bare minimum of 2,500. Therefore, when I became president, I faced a choice?follow through on the deal, with a brief extension to get our forces and our allies? forces out safely, or ramp up our presence and send more American troops to fight once
    again in another country?s civil conflict. I was the fourth president to preside over an American troop presence in Afghanistan?two Republicans, two Democrats. I would not, and will not, pass this war on to a fifth.?

I can't read

Oh, right. I forgot.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05