• Republicans! The Winning Continues Baby!!

From Jebediah Grainger@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 21 08:54:22 2023
    Oh, did I say "Republicans!"

I'm sorry, I mean to say "The Winning Continues for DEMOCRATS Baby!"

Democrats keep winning special elections in battleground states
    BY DENNIS AFTERGUT, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR - 09/20/23 12:30 PM ET

Elections are the answer to Trumpism, which aims to undermine the Constitution that protects our freedoms.

Yesterday, we saw the antidote at work once again, and in battleground states, in special elections for state House seats in New Hampshire and Pennsylvania. Both victories were consistent with a 2023 national trend, with abortion-rights Democrats
    overperforming in the wake of the 2022 Supreme Court decision overturning Roe v. Wade, the 1973 decision that legalized abortion nationally.

n New Hampshire, Democrat Hal Rafter flipped a GOP seat in the southern part of the state. Rafter won 56 percent to 44 percent in a district that Trump won by less than a point in 2020, 49.1 to 48.7 percent. Though it’s a small district, that’s a 12
    percent turnaround.

Rafter favors abortion rights, and his Republican opponent is against them. Two months after the Supreme Court overturned Roe, a Planned Parenthood poll showed that 6 in 10 New Hampshire voters opposed the decision.

Voters know and react at the ballot box when their freedoms, including reproductive freedom, are curtailed. Signs abound that voters’ reaction to the loss of those rights could carry into 2024.

In Pennsylvania, the victory of candidate Lindsay Powell was also consistent with a larger 2023 trend of Democratic overperformance.

Powell has been, in the words of EMILY’s List, “an outspoken advocate for reproductive freedom.” She is an African American woman who previously worked for Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.
    Y.).

But don't worry Repubs!!
    You're gonna win in 2024!!! No doubt about it!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jebediah Grainger@21:1/5 to Jebediah Grainger on Thu Sep 21 08:56:26 2023
    On Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 11:54:25 AM UTC-4, Jebediah Grainger wrote:
    Oh, did I say "Republicans!"

I'm sorry, I mean to say "The Winning Continues for DEMOCRATS Baby!"

Democrats keep winning special elections in battleground states
    BY DENNIS AFTERGUT, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR - 09/20/23 12:30 PM ET

Elections are the answer to Trumpism, which aims to undermine the Constitution that protects our freedoms.

Yesterday, we saw the antidote at work once again, and in battleground states, in special elections for state House seats in New Hampshire and Pennsylvania. Both victories were consistent with a 2023 national trend, with abortion-rights Democrats
    overperforming in the wake of the 2022 Supreme Court decision overturning Roe v. Wade, the 1973 decision that legalized abortion nationally.

n New Hampshire, Democrat Hal Rafter flipped a GOP seat in the southern part of the state. Rafter won 56 percent to 44 percent in a district that Trump won by less than a point in 2020, 49.1 to 48.7 percent. Though it’s a small district, that’s a
    12 percent turnaround.

Rafter favors abortion rights, and his Republican opponent is against them. Two months after the Supreme Court overturned Roe, a Planned Parenthood poll showed that 6 in 10 New Hampshire voters opposed the decision.

Voters know and react at the ballot box when their freedoms, including reproductive freedom, are curtailed. Signs abound that voters’ reaction to the loss of those rights could carry into 2024.

In Pennsylvania, the victory of candidate Lindsay Powell was also consistent with a larger 2023 trend of Democratic overperformance.

Powell has been, in the words of EMILY’s List, “an outspoken advocate for reproductive freedom.” She is an African American woman who previously worked for Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-
    N.Y.).

But don't worry Repubs!!
    You're gonna win in 2024!!! No doubt about it!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

"We're gonna win so much you may even get tired of winning, and you'll say 'Please, please, it's too much winning. We can't take it anymore!' - Donald Trump, Nov 9th, 2019.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)