• Re: Griftipedia v0.2 (1/3)

From %@21:1/5 to Griftipedia on Sun Aug 20 09:37:20 2023
    Griftipedia wrote:
    Griftipedia v0.2
    Changelog:
    Consistency changes.
    Removed schemes from Links category URLs.
    Updated "LowGenius Fundraiser," "RSPW FAQ," and "RSPWCon '95" entries.
    Added entries "HomeRentPro," "LowGenius Digital Imaging," "LowGenius Web Design," "NCSU," "Student Loans," "The Business," "The End?" and "Wikipedia".

Entry:
    HomeRentPro
    Year:
    1997-1998
    Description:
    HomeRentPro comes to an end.
    Links:
    "AOL Account abuse" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/IREKZanZO34/m/f15UvjSBqUoJ "[RSPW] **Homerentpro website gone??**" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/3A6aw92OKac/m/XyyAZJWBQUsJ "Ratting John Dejong's Cage Again." groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/ByR2XUvZtOE/m/O-6H2B2I_qMJ "What is HomeRentPro" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/UPdj7HIrwRY/m/Sgwzr0vIIJQJ "HOMERENTPRO blacklists minorities" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/nopj7UPgKxs/m/5AhOtBmlRaQJ "Here's John Henry's HomeRentPro scam article" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/7XUfyUnt6yM/m/jayIHItKVSMJ "NetBastard lurks" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/IMHBaMoGQYM/m/k6jElXo-L0sJ "[SOTE THREAD] Insulting the Fans (was Re: [Workrate Cru] Tropics & Meridians" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/jBBeMvreDDQ/m/qrgU8SOGadMJ Quotes:
    "If someone were to ask me, I might tell them that I'm definitely a former (and future, believe it) touring musician. I'm also a successful businessman, that owns several internet businesses. I might also tell them that yes, I do stand IRL the same as I do here--very strongly for what I think is right, wherever I can. I was fortunate enough to be born with brains, looks, and talent" - John Henry
    "I just decided to hire another $400,000 a year in employees, and one of
    them will hopefully be taking over my job, so that I can sit on my ass and collect a check, and just poke in to make sure everything's running smoothly once in awhile." - NetBastard
    "A business I used to own." - John Henry (answering the question "What is HomeRentPro")
    "Credit information? Oh, you mean the stack of credit card numbers that's sitting out in my garage gathering dust? Yeah, you see, in order for anyone to ask about that, there'd have to have been some crime committed with those numbers. there wasn't." - John Henry
    "It's dead. The other guy didn't get off his ass fast enough, and I got sick of paying for space I wasn't using, and wasn't making money with." - John DeJong
    "No computer equipment or records were ever "seized" by anyone, except the guy that I was in business with, and it's my understanding that he torched all the paper records, except for the ones that I *still* have, along with all customer correspondence, in a strongbox at my parents house, JUST IN
    CASE anyone has any questions. Since those records pertained ONLY to "his" customers (I.e. customer s of Rental Referral Pros) and not "my" customers (those that used HRPC), even if this were true it wouldn't bear any relationship to my business or me." - John Henry
    "I couldn't discriminate against people if I *did* want to, which I most certainly do not, and neither could my employees." - John Henry
    "Actually it was 'fag jew,' and given that a) he was gay, and b) he was jewish, those words in and of themselves mean only what you care to read
    into them. Although I'll also cheerfully grant that the person in question (my ex-business parter) cheerfully embodied every single negative stereotype that any half-witted inbread klan member has ever heaped upon either class
    of people. My ex-partner is the one that taught me what I've tried to avoid facing for years....once in awhile, with some people (albeit not many of them), the stereotypes are *right*. It's an ugly truth, but a truth it is,
    my friend." - John 'I'm not Buffer' Henry
    "Several months ago, I made a statement in which I referred to my ex-partner as a 'fag crackhead jew.' Now, regardless of the fact that he *was* all
    three of the above, the remarks were tasteless and smacked of homophobia and anti-semitism - two ideologies which I personally abhor. What made them so was not the inherent anti-somitic or anti-gay sentiment in the words in and of themselves, but the fact that I was intending to be disparaging about his sexuality and ancestry when I wrote them. I was wrong, the remarks were indeed inappropriate and racist." - John 'I'm not Buffer' Henry
    "Collect unemployment for the time being; I'm certainly not going to lose
    any sleep over it, since My former partner has to pay it, and he owes me much, much more than that anyway. I got skills, I'll find something, or more likely, the way my life works, something will come to me." - John DeJong (in response to "so what do you do for a living now?")
    "I still have work - SCW Ring Announcer, Wreslting Editor for The Sports Report, and pending contributor to PWI - I'm just not making buckets of money. I'd be willing to bet that I make more on unempliyment than 50% of this newsgroup does at their jobs, anyway." - John DeJong
    "At least I never worked at a fuckin subway." - John Henry

Entry:
    RSPW FAQ
    Year:
    1997-2005
    Description:
    John wants to control and commercialize the RSPW FAQ, and move aspects of RSPW off of Usenet.
    Links:
    "AOL Account abuse" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/IREKZanZO34/m/f15UvjSBqUoJ
    "The RSPW Meta-OffTopic-Flame Discussion Board" web.archive.org/web/19991004170359/http://members.tripod.com:80/netbastard/di sc.htm
    "John Henry...where are you?!" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/-7oSKk_Ohrc/m/juO_IZNDuiQJ "What I don't understand..." groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/Jwy-fmi5z9Y/m/r6M7aZ6r1TEJ "THIS IS A WRESTLING GROUP GOD DAMMIT" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/hWvXyBz_w18/m/Bts_QvALlS4J "LMAO @ John Henry trying to start up his 'alternate' rspw again..." groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/-dc41fgIzqk/m/8FqC9efW9XMJ "[OT] An Open Letter to Sean Shannon" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/_aEOPSjBT4Y/m/MnKV0mWw2GQJ "Scott Keith disses John Henry~!" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/Nli-jgScFL4/m/qcdUKu24FE0J "[RSPW.Net] It's time to take another look" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/UEYkYLsznYo/m/L9E1MhBgQTwJ
    "Yo John Henry, when do you plan on putting out the RSPW book?" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/BQkWw6nsohY/m/jaUFjvkSATMJ "FAQ/Wrestlepedia - Followup" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/HwX65qP_uyQ/m/N48RQaN6G34J "since everyone and their brother are running brackets..." groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/c1rLwfqc9_M/m/JjTF-QFtdlwJ Quotes:
    "Do you know how much money there is on this group?" - John Henry
    "If you click on the URL in my sig, it'll take you to my homepage. Follow
    the link for RSPW. Therein is a link to the RSPW FAQ (which will soon be joined by several other FAQ's/guides to posting, such as those written by Scott Keith)." - John Henry
    "Thanks, everyone, for helping to make this idea a success, to the degree that it has been a success. Hopefully at some point, we can convince *everyone* to move the garbage to the OT board and off RSPW. After all,
    it's not an unreasonable request." - John Henry
    "response posted to http://members.tripod.com/rspwflame" - JHD, still crazy after all these years
    "reply posted to http://members.tripod.com/rspwflame" - JHD, still crazy after all these years
    "Is this the return of John Henry? (note the incessant plugging of that stupid flameboard)" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/Ysr1ooTbvzQ/m/G2LZEJ12MykJ "John will moderate the board to make sure that nobody posts anything that
    he might disagree with or deem too sensitive for people to read. It's his
    own little rspw where he can control what goes in and what comes out[...] Don't forget kids, if John could control what you say and post it'd be a perfect world. We don't want any of those evil people with independent thoughts." - xganon
    "I originally posted this message to the Mr. Shannon's Delphi forum earlier this evening. It took less than 2 hours for him to remove not only that, but also all responses to it - which were all positive, by the way. Because of this, I feel that the only fair and reasonable thing I can do is to post
    this message across the internet and Usenet, and allow you, the reader, to decide for yourselves. My suggestion would be to not only stop visiting his site, but also to formally request that the current RSPW FAQ be renamed the 'Pro-wrestling FAQ,' and that RSPW be allowed to develop it's own FAQ that pertains to the group." - John Henry, NetBastard
    "Your little delphi board may be a refuge for the terminally weak of heart, those that cannot be bothered to address their own shortcomings, a place where you can dictate what is said, and when, and how, but the rest of the internet is NOT. You may be able to work yourself into thinking that someone cares about you by eliminating any dissenting opinion from your dark little hole of the universe, but I assure you, Mr. Shannon, you will NOT censor me anywhere else." - John Henry, NetBastard
    "There's no spams begging people to come see my website, it's all done via mailing list. No Spam, No Begging, No crying like a fucking baby...just programming and an FAQ worthy of the group that exists in a completely open way. So you take your abortion of a website and stick it up your white trash non skill having ass. People gravitate to something that works...not something that's going to be hijacked eventually for your own personal gain on the backs of other hard working posters, you fucking imbicile. Notice the rats abandoning your sinking ship? Tell you something? Another world famous John Henry failure." - Krusty
    "Let me help you out here. There is no chance in hell this year's r.s.p-w Awards will be run by you or through ANY web site. THEY ARE USENET AWARDS." - Christopher Robin Zimmerman
    "Since I have no way of knowing for certain who is responsible for this,
    I've elected to simply disband the editorial team completely until someone steps forward. I hate to do that, but I certainly can't guess, and I'm in no mood to play childish games with this website, the FAQ, or the Wrestlepedia. There are others willing to help. Hopefully, the person responsible will be
    a man and come forward, so that the other, innocent party can continue to contribute, but hey, whatever. If it comes down to it, I'll just write it myself. Granted, it'll take a great deal longer...but I got time." - John Henry
    "I think that the notion that attempting to market this work for profit is a "bad thing" is utterly ludicrous. Unless, of course, someone involved was directly plagiarizing and didn't tell me, there is no ethical violation in profiting from one's own hard work. The notion that compiling this huge body of information is something that MUST be done for free is mind-boggling. But to me, the greatest disappointment isn't that the potential income from such a venture has been lost - indeed, the "potential income" was at most an afterthought." - John Henry
    "I offered several times to design and host a secure web-based mechanism for the RSPW Year-End awards, but CRZ is a whiny cunt and automatically throws a shitfit at anything that suggests that anyone at all ever but him will have anything to say about or do with the awards - or any website related to RSPW, for that matter. That's why RSPW.Net is now a test bed for LowGenius Web Design client sites." - John Henry
    "I don't think that was it *at all*. Dude, I think you're being super hyper sensitive about it. People univerally think that the newsgroup has
    *inherent* "specialness" about it. Web shit, is web shit. It's not usenet. Usenet should stay on usenet, and web shit should just stay on the web. I think pretty much everyone has been saying this ever since the suggestions have come up. A "Sooper Hyper Secure Web Based Whiz Bang Mechanism" is just more web crap. People come here because...well...it's NOT the web.
    Everything is open here, people can vote publicly, it's all out in the open. I think what people mostly think is, "keep the web shit on the web, and keep the usenet shit on usenet". Try not to be so sensitive and think it's about CRZ...or even you for that matter." - Krusty
    "I'm tired of being accused of being in this for myself, so I'm out. Maybe after I've been gone a couple of weeks, you'll learn to appreciate a favor." - John Henry

Entry:
    The Business
    Year:
    1997-2010
    Description:
    Peaks and valleys in the wrestling biz.
    Links:
    "AOL Account abuse" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/IREKZanZO34/m/f15UvjSBqUoJ "[OT] An Open Letter to Sean Shannon" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/_aEOPSjBT4Y/m/MnKV0mWw2GQJ "Randomly dropping by" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/Q14ovijPXlc/m/SCGleS3kqgYJ Quotes:
    "Many have publicly supported me, and at least a dozen more lurkers have e-mailed their support, including a couple of well-known wrestlers and sheetwriters that I will not name; if they wanted their positions or
    opinions made public they would post them here." - John Henry
    "You talk as if you were famous[...] A whole lot of words with very little reason to believe it." - Allan J. Benson
    "John Henry is the most talked-about wreslting personality in this newgroup that isn't a part of the big 3. Do you realize that? Do you realize that if he ever DOES go to one of those companies in some capacity, it will be due
    in large part to you and others proving that the guy can get attention, keep attention, draw heat, and be interesting? If and when you see DeJong on your TV screen, just before you put that bullet in your head, remember - YOU put him there." - Robert Gibson's Glass Eye
    "I think if any fed uses your RSPW behavior as a reference, they'll see a big-time loser who can't keep a job, can't keep a family, can't ignore complete strangers who poke sticks at him on a daily basis, and can't behave in a civil fashion." - The Bogus Sting
    "Most of the people I was in the business with thought I was a stupid mark then, and probably still do, and they were probably right. I hear very
    little from anyone. Honestly I don't want to unless it involves a lot of money, and there's no reason it would. That whole period of my life was depressing and lost and fucked up and I was mostly out of my damn mind, and while it's a shame that there will certainly never be a back-slapping
    reunion of the originally-designated "O-Mega Powers," (Matt & Jeff Hady, Shane Helms, Shannon Moore, Joey "Mercury" Matthews, Christian York, Toad, Jason "Joey Abs/Venom" Ahrndt, Otto Schwanz/Bo Dupp, Mike Maverick/Jack Dupp, Marty "Cham Pain" Garner, Lexie Fyfe, and Yours Truly - in other words, the group of rasslers and others that usually had IHOP or Waffle House together after a show @ SCW or OMEGA for a while), that's just how life goes sometimes. It did generate some interesting posts here. On the one hand I
    had a good time, on the other hand I'm embarrassed by a lot of my behavior during that period of my life and humiliated by the extent to which, I've come to realize, most of those guys thought I was just some stupid mark who had never done shit and never would, but was a useful niche marketing tool for free or close to it. It's not something I reminisce fondly about very often." - John Henry

Entry:
    LowGenius Web Design
    Year:
    1999-2006
    Description:
    Chronicles of a webmaster.
    Links:
    "[META] I told you so" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/mU070cPQSpM/m/TZn0dKWhAnMJ
    "the ALL NEW OmegaPowers Website!" web.archive.org/web/20010201173700/http://omegapowers.tripod.com/
    "[SHILL] Official Count Grog website now open...." groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/X7FGXeeSl4A/m/qmgHzRvghDkJ
    "the online home of the evil and devious COUNT GROG" web.archive.org/web/20010521160518/http://members.tripod.com/countgrog/
    "The Official Marty Jannety website.. oh dear god." groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/-YeyXuzrjho/m/W8i8VUEzllgJ
    "The LowGenius Websites" web.archive.org/web/20031026173556/http://www.lowgenius.com/
    "PING Krusty, Panaro" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/4GPAwpOiTr0/m/qEWJVu2wG7cJ "John The Chief Henry.." groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/kGYFzs5zFSQ/m/1c0iYLGD1IsJ
    "Lex Luger, NOW HIRING Webmaster" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/I3uM72UNWek/m/r-ZGgkaqei8J Quotes:
    "Redesigning the op site, check it out[...] and let me know whatcha think. New graphics, new layout, etc etc. Done so far are pages for Joey Abs, CW Anderson, Bo Dupp, Links, and Legal. I've got some new pics (well, old pics that you haven't seen yet) to scan in, and other stuff. The rest will get done as I get time and information to do them with." - Yeah, it's me
    "It's just a small one, 5 pages, but with some great photos and stuff regarding the man that gave me my first real break in the business, manager extraordinaire COUNT GROG. Please, stop by and check it out." - JHD, still crazy after all these years
    "I'm in disbelief at the balls JHD has criticizing others' website design after viewing this abortion: http://www.lowgenius.com/" - Pete Panaro
    "To be perfectly clear, I had remarked on how completely horrible Marty Jannety's site design was. Krusty responded with "lmfao, the irony of this
    is staggering," and Panaro replied with calling lowgenius.com an "abortion." So - as I am nothing if not responsive to criticism - I have elected to remove you two from my killfile for a period of 24 hours[...] to give you
    the opportunity to substantiate your criticism by telling me *precisely*
    what you think sis wrong with the site design at lowgenius.com, and what you would do to change it. " - John Henry
    "Just go look up how to use color. The color is almost blinding. You have,
    at my count, four different text colors on the same home page. This is not good. The best designs, especially for online content, are simple. Simple designs with a focus on *consistency*. Your colors and choices of text
    colors scream "inconsistent". It's hard to read, your eye moves all over the place trying to find something to latch onto. It simply overwhelms the eyes. Pick a very small, simple, complimentary color set and stick to it. Also,
    you don't have to put borders around EVERYTHING. Your design should
    delineate itself. There's no need to have borders around every single thing on the site. We know where things are. We can see them. Try to pay attention more to details[...] Also, put some thought into navigation[...] lose all
    the ridiculous copyright stuff[...] Just lose it all. It comes across as completely self absorbed nonsense[...] Also...your "banner" across the top screams 1998. Come on. Use some imagination coupled with a little design sense. The "I use photoshop, can't you tell by looking at it" look was out about five years ago." - Krusty
    "You want a website designed and done right, you pay a professional at a professional rate. I actually thought for a second about looking in to this, until I saw the ridiculous numbers you're suggesting. $150 a month wouldn't pay the phone bill to talk about building a decent site for someone with
    your history and resources. $150 might, if you're lucky, get you some middle school kid who was born right around the time you last got carried to a really good match to throw together some garbage in an embedded rich text editor at Geocities or Tripod, or if you're real lucky, Myspace. When you decide you're ready to hire a professional and pay a professional rate, look me up." - JHD

Entry:
    NCSU
    Year:
    Description:
    John is fired from NCSU for online activities, and proposes a new venue for off-charter chat.
    Links:
    "(IRC) Anyone who is a regular on #rspw" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/ALQlqPXcUmM/m/tVoQndcn9ikJ "[META]Attn Mike Palij" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/hjVmbq94g4w/m/NjVIhyeL9LwJ "[META] An apology...." groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/o9t5SBHC1G4/m/DvGSZk0mWmsJ Quotes:
    "I got fired from NCSU after forged e-mails in my name were sent to various administrators, etc. Certainly my usenet posting came up as a result of that, but it wasn't the primary consideration and in fact would never have been mentioned *if* someone hadn't been forging e-mails to various people at ncsu." - John 'I'm not Buffer' Henry
    "You've admitted here before that you got fired because of flooding this newsgroup while posting on company time. You weren't fired because of forged emails - you were fired for not doing your assigned job!" - Al Bundy
    "I've gone, in about 3 months, from $8.70 an hour to $15.50, and there's no reason I'll ever make *less* than that again." - John 'I'm not Buffer' Henry "Anyone with a shred of class or self-respect knows that money you *earn* is always more satisfying than something that's just handed to you" - John 'I'm not Buffer' Henry
    "I'm not jobless, you idiot. What, you think I can only get one job? What a jerk you are. I'm not limited[...] I have choices in my life as to what I want to do and how I want to do it. When you die a transient railroad bum on a sewer grate[...] console yourself with the fact that you put me out of
    work for just long enough for me to get a job that pays nearly twice as much, has greater chance for advancement, and is more in tune with what I want to do." - JHD
    "You do realize that I now have copies of *every* e-mail that was sent to NCSU[...] About 300 of those were people bitching about me posting off-topic, including your forgeries and fraud. The rest of them - over *10 times* the number of complaints - were in my defense, the vast, vast majority from people I've never *heard* of. Not that it did any good, but it sure was an eye-opener." - JHD
    "This is about you costing me a job[...] Off topic? Off fucking topic posts are worth costing my my home, my child, my car, my phone? Off topic posts
    are worth destroying someone's life over? You disgusting fucking pig[...] have you ever heard of the witness protection program? I suggest you roll over on your dealer. NOW. There's a guy in Kalamazoo, Mike, [...] and hisphone number is in the book. Call him up and ask him how his legs feel. That's the last motherfucker that fucked over my kid[...] You'd better hope to GOD I don't find out that this post had something to do with my
    assignment ending[...] Welcome to your worst fucking nightmare, you cunt." - John 'God' DeJong, Net.Tyrant
    "John, you were fired before I even posted the info to the newsgroup." -
    Mike Kelleher
    "Mr. Kelleher, you will be hearing from my Florida attorney in due time.
    This is a very touchy case, as there is no legal precedent for it, and so we will proceed slowly - but surely." - John Henry DeJong
    "I think it's about time we all stopped discussing this shit here. Whether we *should* be able to or not is moot at this point [...] Yes, I would rather
    do things in the open - secrecy is the beginning of tyranny - but the simple fact is, the idiots that pollute this board have no appreciation for fair warning, and us talking about it here just gives them more ammo. So, here's my solution - I've got a message board that isn't being used, at http://members.tripod.com/netbastard/disc.htm. I propose that you use that for any meta discussion from now on, since *I* make the fucking rules over there and the charter is whatever the hell I say it is." - JHD

Entry:
    Bumper Stickers
    Year:
    Description:
    John sells folded bumper stickers on RSPW.
    Links:
    "[POLL] What would you pay for a bumper sticker?" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/YPqcATbyaVA/m/-Quyqu14UDIJ "[Bumper Sticker] Update/Info" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/18Oz6OwCSLU/m/K97YQTK-Ky0J "Remember when John Henry tried selling bumper stickers to RSPW?" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/b4F7qKVKI7o/m/eP_uLgI-NakJ "Attn: John Henry (sticker testimonial)" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/0lk3XzVLQvE/m/yzCIpvSYDCgJ Quotes:
    "Let's say I had this idea to create and sell bumper stickers via lowgenius.com. Let's even pretend, for a minute, that people would be interested in purchasing them - that the logo or phrase I put on them was marketable. What would you pay for one? I can get blank stickers for around
    a buck each, or a little less - the ink for each one, I figure, would run on the order of $.25 each (high quality/high DPI printing), and the shipping would (of course) run as much as 37 cents each. This puts my break-even
    point somewhere around $1.50 each...and let's face it, I'm not doing this
    for fun, I'm doing it to make money (and perhaps a statement). So let's say $2? Is that too much? What if I agreed to donate a portion of the proceeds
    to a worthy entity related somehow to the sentiment expressed on the sticker? Would $3 be too much to ask?" - John Henry
    "Due to overwhelmingly positive response from my "test market" (Thanks, rasslin fans!), I have decided to go ahead with my bumper sticker idea. I've created the stickers, which I will offer for sale @ 3.00 each. I will also
    be donating $0.15 from the sale of each sticker to an appropriate fund for further propagation of the message on the sticker. I will follow this
    message up with full ordering details, etc., when I get the website and
    order forms completed; ordering will be done through PayPal using your visa, mastercard, etc." - John Henry
    "LOL, John's "test market" research consisted of him talking to 8 people on the RSPW AOL chat, most likely. I think that's how Microsoft does their market research too. I give it 4 days before John abandons this idea." - PetePanaro
    "A peanuthead is the type of scum that hates real work and manual labor, and fancies themself as a smart guy that can get by on their brains instead of having to work. The problem is, the're drawn to get-rich-quick schemes and other small-potato stuff because they don't have enough real intelligence, not to mention education, to do anything in life. They can't even be good con-men correctly, for them it's always the next big idea that's going to make them rich." - John Henry Slapper
    "May be the best money-making idea I've ever had" - John Henry
    "You might become a hundred-aire from this latest boondoggle." - PetePanaro "I sold a couple of hundred." - John Henry
    "I got my stickers BTW, and thought I'd offer some feedback. No worries on the jagged edges of the prototypes[...] I see Calzone's point on the skinnyness of the 'You Suck' sticker, perhaps instead of:
    YOU SUCK. GO AWAY.
    you could stack them thusly:
    YOU SUCK.
    GO AWAY.
    They could also then be mailed without folding." - Lord Gow333, minion of
    the Apocalypse

Entry:
    RSPW the Book
    Year:
    Description:
    John considers selling the wrestling trivia portion of the FAQ as a book. Links:
    "Yo John Henry, when do you plan on putting out the RSPW book?" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/BQkWw6nsohY/m/jaUFjvkSATMJ "FAQ/Wrestlepedia - Followup" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/HwX65qP_uyQ/m/N48RQaN6G34J "(META) RSPW - The book????" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/j30Hej0_EbU/m/gEgwZ-QcBCMJ "Wait, lemme get this straight...so *I'M* jealous? Well, let's check this out:" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/LITtvFHUfUA/m/-1-x5bw0i54J "[FAQ] A decision has been reached" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/JXp9jXtJK7w/m/0Kah51dIrgUJ Quotes:
    "The Wrestlepedia will need some rework, which is a time-consuming pain in the butt, but I'll do it, with the help of whoever cares to help. When it's done, yeah, I probably *will* try to sell it as a 3-space book. Why not? I have worked hard on it - and will work harder - and I'm certainly not the kind of shallow, crooked asshole that would try to make money myself *without* ensuring that everyone else involved got their share of the pie." - John Henry
    "The basic gist I got from this article was "NO NO NO NO It's not about the money!!!! OK it is about the money." - Oooh your so cool Brewster
    "I think that we may want to seriously consider finding a paper publisher
    for this once we've achieved version 3.0; it's ust something to keep in mind, but I think that the "Professional Wrestling Encyclopedia" is something that could very well find a niche market, and best of all we could issue a new edition every year or two with updated information. It's just a thought, but hell, we're all working hard on this, so why not try and benefit from it?" - Scutt Farkus (quoting John Henry DeJong's message to the RSPW FAQ mailing list)
    "As for "cashing in on other people's work," I'd hardly call what I do "cashing in." A couple of people have stepped in to help out because they like the site and are good folks. So my server bill is covered for a few months. I certainly appreciate it, but I'd hardly call it "cashing in." I'm also curious as to what "other people's work" you're talking about. Other than a handful of FAQ entries [...] everything on that site is of my creation, and none of it is generating any income. There's no "pay" section of the site. There's no membership or dues. There's no popup advertisements or banner ads. So where am I "cashing in" here, vermin? What "other people's work" am I pimping for money? I don't see it. Just one more illustration of how frightened you are to think that maybe someday you'll find out that you didn't have to be a low-life fraud to get a few bucks out of life." - John Henry
    "So you have fun trying desperately to cast me as some money-grubbing thief just looking to scam a few marks out of their bucks by hocking the work of other people. Anyone with half a brain knows better" - John Henry
    "Neither the FAQ nor the Wrestlepedia will be offered for sale as a book. That is all." - John Henry

Entry:
    RSPW the Store
    Year:
    Description:
    John pushes book and video sales using Amazon affiliate marketing.
    Links:
    "[RS{W.Net] Video Store, A preview of the new RSPW/PW FAQ..." groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/bUiEjjHtzKo/m/Z0nrNkGom2cJ "[RSPW.Net] Info, New Features, Future Plans, and Begging" groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/SdfKI8pl8KI/m/3HhGffagSWEJ Quotes:
    "I'm not going to buy from you just because you have to shill it to have anyone care. Now, if I was visiting RSPW.net and saw the ad, maybe I would consider it. But if you're going to just become another Marc Ash, then consider your RSPW.Net address PLONKED after the next shill." - FenderBender "It's a "work in progress," you see, because new things are happening all
    the time[...] The notion is to overcome the perception tha tthis is just another temporary RSPW project/fad, and to let people know that work is progressing on this[...] eventually, hopefully, people will start seeing RSPW.Net as more than the "abandoned project" that people were claiming it was a couple of months ago." - John Henry
    "I have entered into a partnership with Amazon.Com, the world's largest

[continued in next message]

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From ]v[etaphoid@21:1/5 to pursent100@gmail.com on Mon Aug 21 12:48:47 2023
    % <pursent100@gmail.com> wrote:
    Griftipedia wrote:
    Griftipedia v0.2
    Changelog:
    Consistency changes.
    Removed schemes from Links category URLs.
    Updated "LowGenius Fundraiser," "RSPW FAQ," and "RSPWCon '95" entries.
    Added entries "HomeRentPro," "LowGenius Digital Imaging," "LowGenius Web
    Design," "NCSU," "Student Loans," "The Business," "The End?" and "Wikipedia".

Entry:
    HomeRentPro
    Year:
    1997-1998
    Description:
    HomeRentPro comes to an end.
    Links:
    "AOL Account abuse"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/IREKZanZO34/m/f15UvjSBqUoJ
    "[RSPW] **Homerentpro website gone??**"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/3A6aw92OKac/m/XyyAZJWBQUsJ
    "Ratting John Dejong's Cage Again."
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/ByR2XUvZtOE/m/O-6H2B2I_qMJ
    "What is HomeRentPro"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/UPdj7HIrwRY/m/Sgwzr0vIIJQJ
    "HOMERENTPRO blacklists minorities"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/nopj7UPgKxs/m/5AhOtBmlRaQJ
    "Here's John Henry's HomeRentPro scam article"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/7XUfyUnt6yM/m/jayIHItKVSMJ
    "NetBastard lurks"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/IMHBaMoGQYM/m/k6jElXo-L0sJ
    "[SOTE THREAD] Insulting the Fans (was Re: [Workrate Cru] Tropics &
    Meridians"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/jBBeMvreDDQ/m/qrgU8SOGadMJ
    Quotes:
    "If someone were to ask me, I might tell them that I'm definitely a former >> (and future, believe it) touring musician. I'm also a successful businessman,
    that owns several internet businesses. I might also tell them that yes, I do >> stand IRL the same as I do here--very strongly for what I think is right,
    wherever I can. I was fortunate enough to be born with brains, looks, and
    talent" - John Henry
    "I just decided to hire another $400,000 a year in employees, and one of
    them will hopefully be taking over my job, so that I can sit on my ass and >> collect a check, and just poke in to make sure everything's running smoothly >> once in awhile." - NetBastard
    "A business I used to own." - John Henry (answering the question "What is
    HomeRentPro")
    "Credit information? Oh, you mean the stack of credit card numbers that's
    sitting out in my garage gathering dust? Yeah, you see, in order for anyone >> to ask about that, there'd have to have been some crime committed with those >> numbers. there wasn't." - John Henry
    "It's dead. The other guy didn't get off his ass fast enough, and I got sick >> of paying for space I wasn't using, and wasn't making money with." - John
    DeJong
    "No computer equipment or records were ever "seized" by anyone, except the >> guy that I was in business with, and it's my understanding that he torched >> all the paper records, except for the ones that I *still* have, along with >> all customer correspondence, in a strongbox at my parents house, JUST IN
    CASE anyone has any questions. Since those records pertained ONLY to "his" >> customers (I.e. customer s of Rental Referral Pros) and not "my" customers >> (those that used HRPC), even if this were true it wouldn't bear any
    relationship to my business or me." - John Henry
    "I couldn't discriminate against people if I *did* want to, which I most
    certainly do not, and neither could my employees." - John Henry
    "Actually it was 'fag jew,' and given that a) he was gay, and b) he was
    jewish, those words in and of themselves mean only what you care to read
    into them. Although I'll also cheerfully grant that the person in question >> (my ex-business parter) cheerfully embodied every single negative stereotype >> that any half-witted inbread klan member has ever heaped upon either class >> of people. My ex-partner is the one that taught me what I've tried to avoid >> facing for years....once in awhile, with some people (albeit not many of
    them), the stereotypes are *right*. It's an ugly truth, but a truth it is, >> my friend." - John 'I'm not Buffer' Henry
    "Several months ago, I made a statement in which I referred to my ex-partner >> as a 'fag crackhead jew.' Now, regardless of the fact that he *was* all
    three of the above, the remarks were tasteless and smacked of homophobia and >> anti-semitism - two ideologies which I personally abhor. What made them so >> was not the inherent anti-somitic or anti-gay sentiment in the words in and >> of themselves, but the fact that I was intending to be disparaging about his >> sexuality and ancestry when I wrote them. I was wrong, the remarks were
    indeed inappropriate and racist." - John 'I'm not Buffer' Henry
    "Collect unemployment for the time being; I'm certainly not going to lose
    any sleep over it, since My former partner has to pay it, and he owes me
    much, much more than that anyway. I got skills, I'll find something, or more >> likely, the way my life works, something will come to me." - John DeJong (in >> response to "so what do you do for a living now?")
    "I still have work - SCW Ring Announcer, Wreslting Editor for The Sports
    Report, and pending contributor to PWI - I'm just not making buckets of
    money. I'd be willing to bet that I make more on unempliyment than 50% of
    this newsgroup does at their jobs, anyway." - John DeJong
    "At least I never worked at a fuckin subway." - John Henry

Entry:
    RSPW FAQ
    Year:
    1997-2005
    Description:
    John wants to control and commercialize the RSPW FAQ, and move aspects of
    RSPW off of Usenet.
    Links:
    "AOL Account abuse"
    "The RSPW Meta-OffTopic-Flame Discussion Board"
    web.archive.org/web/19991004170359/http://members.tripod.com:80/netbastard/di
    sc.htm
    "John Henry...where are you?!"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/-7oSKk_Ohrc/m/juO_IZNDuiQJ
    "What I don't understand..."
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/Jwy-fmi5z9Y/m/r6M7aZ6r1TEJ
    "THIS IS A WRESTLING GROUP GOD DAMMIT"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/hWvXyBz_w18/m/Bts_QvALlS4J
    "LMAO @ John Henry trying to start up his 'alternate' rspw again..."
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/-dc41fgIzqk/m/8FqC9efW9XMJ
    "[OT] An Open Letter to Sean Shannon"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/_aEOPSjBT4Y/m/MnKV0mWw2GQJ
    "Scott Keith disses John Henry~!"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/Nli-jgScFL4/m/qcdUKu24FE0J
    "[RSPW.Net] It's time to take another look"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/UEYkYLsznYo/m/L9E1MhBgQTwJ
    "Yo John Henry, when do you plan on putting out the RSPW book?"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/BQkWw6nsohY/m/jaUFjvkSATMJ
    "FAQ/Wrestlepedia - Followup"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/HwX65qP_uyQ/m/N48RQaN6G34J
    "since everyone and their brother are running brackets..."
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/c1rLwfqc9_M/m/JjTF-QFtdlwJ
    Quotes:
    "Do you know how much money there is on this group?" - John Henry
    "If you click on the URL in my sig, it'll take you to my homepage. Follow
    the link for RSPW. Therein is a link to the RSPW FAQ (which will soon be
    joined by several other FAQ's/guides to posting, such as those written by
    Scott Keith)." - John Henry
    "Thanks, everyone, for helping to make this idea a success, to the degree
    that it has been a success. Hopefully at some point, we can convince
    *everyone* to move the garbage to the OT board and off RSPW. After all,
    it's not an unreasonable request." - John Henry
    "response posted to http://members.tripod.com/rspwflame" - JHD, still crazy >> after all these years
    "reply posted to http://members.tripod.com/rspwflame" - JHD, still crazy
    after all these years
    "Is this the return of John Henry? (note the incessant plugging of that
    stupid flameboard)"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/Ysr1ooTbvzQ/m/G2LZEJ12MykJ
    "John will moderate the board to make sure that nobody posts anything that >> he might disagree with or deem too sensitive for people to read. It's his
    own little rspw where he can control what goes in and what comes out[...]
    Don't forget kids, if John could control what you say and post it'd be a
    perfect world. We don't want any of those evil people with independent
    thoughts." - xganon
    "I originally posted this message to the Mr. Shannon's Delphi forum earlier >> this evening. It took less than 2 hours for him to remove not only that, but >> also all responses to it - which were all positive, by the way. Because of >> this, I feel that the only fair and reasonable thing I can do is to post
    this message across the internet and Usenet, and allow you, the reader, to >> decide for yourselves. My suggestion would be to not only stop visiting his >> site, but also to formally request that the current RSPW FAQ be renamed the >> 'Pro-wrestling FAQ,' and that RSPW be allowed to develop it's own FAQ that >> pertains to the group." - John Henry, NetBastard
    "Your little delphi board may be a refuge for the terminally weak of heart, >> those that cannot be bothered to address their own shortcomings, a place
    where you can dictate what is said, and when, and how, but the rest of the >> internet is NOT. You may be able to work yourself into thinking that someone >> cares about you by eliminating any dissenting opinion from your dark little >> hole of the universe, but I assure you, Mr. Shannon, you will NOT censor me >> anywhere else." - John Henry, NetBastard
    "There's no spams begging people to come see my website, it's all done via >> mailing list. No Spam, No Begging, No crying like a fucking baby...just
    programming and an FAQ worthy of the group that exists in a completely open >> way. So you take your abortion of a website and stick it up your white trash >> non skill having ass. People gravitate to something that works...not
    something that's going to be hijacked eventually for your own personal gain >> on the backs of other hard working posters, you fucking imbicile. Notice the >> rats abandoning your sinking ship? Tell you something? Another world famous >> John Henry failure." - Krusty
    "Let me help you out here. There is no chance in hell this year's r.s.p-w
    Awards will be run by you or through ANY web site. THEY ARE USENET AWARDS." -
    Christopher Robin Zimmerman
    "Since I have no way of knowing for certain who is responsible for this,
    I've elected to simply disband the editorial team completely until someone >> steps forward. I hate to do that, but I certainly can't guess, and I'm in no >> mood to play childish games with this website, the FAQ, or the Wrestlepedia. >> There are others willing to help. Hopefully, the person responsible will be >> a man and come forward, so that the other, innocent party can continue to
    contribute, but hey, whatever. If it comes down to it, I'll just write it
    myself. Granted, it'll take a great deal longer...but I got time." - John
    Henry
    "I think that the notion that attempting to market this work for profit is a >> "bad thing" is utterly ludicrous. Unless, of course, someone involved was
    directly plagiarizing and didn't tell me, there is no ethical violation in >> profiting from one's own hard work. The notion that compiling this huge body >> of information is something that MUST be done for free is mind-boggling. But >> to me, the greatest disappointment isn't that the potential income from such >> a venture has been lost - indeed, the "potential income" was at most an
    afterthought." - John Henry
    "I offered several times to design and host a secure web-based mechanism for >> the RSPW Year-End awards, but CRZ is a whiny cunt and automatically throws a >> shitfit at anything that suggests that anyone at all ever but him will have >> anything to say about or do with the awards - or any website related to RSPW,
    for that matter. That's why RSPW.Net is now a test bed for LowGenius Web
    Design client sites." - John Henry
    "I don't think that was it *at all*. Dude, I think you're being super hyper >> sensitive about it. People univerally think that the newsgroup has
    *inherent* "specialness" about it. Web shit, is web shit. It's not usenet. >> Usenet should stay on usenet, and web shit should just stay on the web. I
    think pretty much everyone has been saying this ever since the suggestions >> have come up. A "Sooper Hyper Secure Web Based Whiz Bang Mechanism" is just >> more web crap. People come here because...well...it's NOT the web.
    Everything is open here, people can vote publicly, it's all out in the open. >> I think what people mostly think is, "keep the web shit on the web, and keep >> the usenet shit on usenet". Try not to be so sensitive and think it's about >> CRZ...or even you for that matter." - Krusty
    "I'm tired of being accused of being in this for myself, so I'm out. Maybe >> after I've been gone a couple of weeks, you'll learn to appreciate a favor." >> - John Henry

Entry:
    The Business
    Year:
    1997-2010
    Description:
    Peaks and valleys in the wrestling biz.
    Links:
    "AOL Account abuse"
    "[OT] An Open Letter to Sean Shannon"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/_aEOPSjBT4Y/m/MnKV0mWw2GQJ
    "Randomly dropping by"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/Q14ovijPXlc/m/SCGleS3kqgYJ
    Quotes:
    "Many have publicly supported me, and at least a dozen more lurkers have
    e-mailed their support, including a couple of well-known wrestlers and
    sheetwriters that I will not name; if they wanted their positions or
    opinions made public they would post them here." - John Henry
    "You talk as if you were famous[...] A whole lot of words with very little >> reason to believe it." - Allan J. Benson
    "John Henry is the most talked-about wreslting personality in this newgroup >> that isn't a part of the big 3. Do you realize that? Do you realize that if >> he ever DOES go to one of those companies in some capacity, it will be due >> in large part to you and others proving that the guy can get attention, keep >> attention, draw heat, and be interesting? If and when you see DeJong on your >> TV screen, just before you put that bullet in your head, remember - YOU put >> him there." - Robert Gibson's Glass Eye
    "I think if any fed uses your RSPW behavior as a reference, they'll see a
    big-time loser who can't keep a job, can't keep a family, can't ignore
    complete strangers who poke sticks at him on a daily basis, and can't behave >> in a civil fashion." - The Bogus Sting
    "Most of the people I was in the business with thought I was a stupid mark >> then, and probably still do, and they were probably right. I hear very
    little from anyone. Honestly I don't want to unless it involves a lot of
    money, and there's no reason it would. That whole period of my life was
    depressing and lost and fucked up and I was mostly out of my damn mind, and >> while it's a shame that there will certainly never be a back-slapping
    reunion of the originally-designated "O-Mega Powers," (Matt & Jeff Hady,
    Shane Helms, Shannon Moore, Joey "Mercury" Matthews, Christian York, Toad, >> Jason "Joey Abs/Venom" Ahrndt, Otto Schwanz/Bo Dupp, Mike Maverick/Jack Dupp,
    Marty "Cham Pain" Garner, Lexie Fyfe, and Yours Truly - in other words, the >> group of rasslers and others that usually had IHOP or Waffle House together >> after a show @ SCW or OMEGA for a while), that's just how life goes
    sometimes. It did generate some interesting posts here. On the one hand I
    had a good time, on the other hand I'm embarrassed by a lot of my behavior >> during that period of my life and humiliated by the extent to which, I've
    come to realize, most of those guys thought I was just some stupid mark who >> had never done shit and never would, but was a useful niche marketing tool >> for free or close to it. It's not something I reminisce fondly about very
    often." - John Henry

Entry:
    LowGenius Web Design
    Year:
    1999-2006
    Description:
    Chronicles of a webmaster.
    Links:
    "[META] I told you so"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/mU070cPQSpM/m/TZn0dKWhAnMJ
    "the ALL NEW OmegaPowers Website!"
    web.archive.org/web/20010201173700/http://omegapowers.tripod.com/
    "[SHILL] Official Count Grog website now open...."
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/X7FGXeeSl4A/m/qmgHzRvghDkJ
    "the online home of the evil and devious COUNT GROG"
    web.archive.org/web/20010521160518/http://members.tripod.com/countgrog/
    "The Official Marty Jannety website.. oh dear god."
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/-YeyXuzrjho/m/W8i8VUEzllgJ
    "The LowGenius Websites"
    web.archive.org/web/20031026173556/http://www.lowgenius.com/
    "PING Krusty, Panaro"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/4GPAwpOiTr0/m/qEWJVu2wG7cJ
    "John The Chief Henry.."
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/kGYFzs5zFSQ/m/1c0iYLGD1IsJ
    "Lex Luger, NOW HIRING Webmaster"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/I3uM72UNWek/m/r-ZGgkaqei8J
    Quotes:
    "Redesigning the op site, check it out[...] and let me know whatcha think. >> New graphics, new layout, etc etc. Done so far are pages for Joey Abs, CW
    Anderson, Bo Dupp, Links, and Legal. I've got some new pics (well, old pics >> that you haven't seen yet) to scan in, and other stuff. The rest will get
    done as I get time and information to do them with." - Yeah, it's me
    "It's just a small one, 5 pages, but with some great photos and stuff
    regarding the man that gave me my first real break in the business, manager >> extraordinaire COUNT GROG. Please, stop by and check it out." - JHD, still >> crazy after all these years
    "I'm in disbelief at the balls JHD has criticizing others' website design
    after viewing this abortion: http://www.lowgenius.com/" - Pete Panaro
    "To be perfectly clear, I had remarked on how completely horrible Marty
    Jannety's site design was. Krusty responded with "lmfao, the irony of this >> is staggering," and Panaro replied with calling lowgenius.com an "abortion." >> So - as I am nothing if not responsive to criticism - I have elected to
    remove you two from my killfile for a period of 24 hours[...] to give you
    the opportunity to substantiate your criticism by telling me *precisely*
    what you think sis wrong with the site design at lowgenius.com, and what you >> would do to change it. " - John Henry
    "Just go look up how to use color. The color is almost blinding. You have, >> at my count, four different text colors on the same home page. This is not >> good. The best designs, especially for online content, are simple. Simple
    designs with a focus on *consistency*. Your colors and choices of text
    colors scream "inconsistent". It's hard to read, your eye moves all over the >> place trying to find something to latch onto. It simply overwhelms the eyes. >> Pick a very small, simple, complimentary color set and stick to it. Also,
    you don't have to put borders around EVERYTHING. Your design should
    delineate itself. There's no need to have borders around every single thing >> on the site. We know where things are. We can see them. Try to pay attention >> more to details[...] Also, put some thought into navigation[...] lose all
    the ridiculous copyright stuff[...] Just lose it all. It comes across as
    completely self absorbed nonsense[...] Also...your "banner" across the top >> screams 1998. Come on. Use some imagination coupled with a little design
    sense. The "I use photoshop, can't you tell by looking at it" look was out >> about five years ago." - Krusty
    "You want a website designed and done right, you pay a professional at a
    professional rate. I actually thought for a second about looking in to this, >> until I saw the ridiculous numbers you're suggesting. $150 a month wouldn't >> pay the phone bill to talk about building a decent site for someone with
    your history and resources. $150 might, if you're lucky, get you some middle >> school kid who was born right around the time you last got carried to a
    really good match to throw together some garbage in an embedded rich text
    editor at Geocities or Tripod, or if you're real lucky, Myspace. When you
    decide you're ready to hire a professional and pay a professional rate, look >> me up." - JHD

Entry:
    NCSU
    Year:
    Description:
    John is fired from NCSU for online activities, and proposes a new venue for >> off-charter chat.
    Links:
    "(IRC) Anyone who is a regular on #rspw"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/ALQlqPXcUmM/m/tVoQndcn9ikJ
    "[META]Attn Mike Palij"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/hjVmbq94g4w/m/NjVIhyeL9LwJ
    "[META] An apology...."
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/o9t5SBHC1G4/m/DvGSZk0mWmsJ
    Quotes:
    "I got fired from NCSU after forged e-mails in my name were sent to various >> administrators, etc. Certainly my usenet posting came up as a result of that,
    but it wasn't the primary consideration and in fact would never have been
    mentioned *if* someone hadn't been forging e-mails to various people at
    ncsu." - John 'I'm not Buffer' Henry
    "You've admitted here before that you got fired because of flooding this
    newsgroup while posting on company time. You weren't fired because of forged >> emails - you were fired for not doing your assigned job!" - Al Bundy
    "I've gone, in about 3 months, from $8.70 an hour to $15.50, and there's no >> reason I'll ever make *less* than that again." - John 'I'm not Buffer' Henry >> "Anyone with a shred of class or self-respect knows that money you *earn* is >> always more satisfying than something that's just handed to you" - John 'I'm >> not Buffer' Henry
    "I'm not jobless, you idiot. What, you think I can only get one job? What a >> jerk you are. I'm not limited[...] I have choices in my life as to what I
    want to do and how I want to do it. When you die a transient railroad bum on >> a sewer grate[...] console yourself with the fact that you put me out of
    work for just long enough for me to get a job that pays nearly twice as much,
    has greater chance for advancement, and is more in tune with what I want to >> do." - JHD
    "You do realize that I now have copies of *every* e-mail that was sent to
    NCSU[...] About 300 of those were people bitching about me posting off-topic,
    including your forgeries and fraud. The rest of them - over *10 times* the >> number of complaints - were in my defense, the vast, vast majority from
    people I've never *heard* of. Not that it did any good, but it sure was an >> eye-opener." - JHD
    "This is about you costing me a job[...] Off topic? Off fucking topic posts >> are worth costing my my home, my child, my car, my phone? Off topic posts
    are worth destroying someone's life over? You disgusting fucking pig[...]
    have you ever heard of the witness protection program? I suggest you roll
    over on your dealer. NOW. There's a guy in Kalamazoo, Mike, [...] and
    hisphone number is in the book. Call him up and ask him how his legs feel. >> That's the last motherfucker that fucked over my kid[...] You'd better hope >> to GOD I don't find out that this post had something to do with my
    assignment ending[...] Welcome to your worst fucking nightmare, you cunt." - >> John 'God' DeJong, Net.Tyrant
    "John, you were fired before I even posted the info to the newsgroup." -
    Mike Kelleher
    "Mr. Kelleher, you will be hearing from my Florida attorney in due time.
    This is a very touchy case, as there is no legal precedent for it, and so we >> will proceed slowly - but surely." - John Henry DeJong
    "I think it's about time we all stopped discussing this shit here. Whether we
    *should* be able to or not is moot at this point [...] Yes, I would rather >> do things in the open - secrecy is the beginning of tyranny - but the simple >> fact is, the idiots that pollute this board have no appreciation for fair
    warning, and us talking about it here just gives them more ammo. So, here's >> my solution - I've got a message board that isn't being used, at
    http://members.tripod.com/netbastard/disc.htm. I propose that you use that >> for any meta discussion from now on, since *I* make the fucking rules over >> there and the charter is whatever the hell I say it is." - JHD

Entry:
    Bumper Stickers
    Year:
    Description:
    John sells folded bumper stickers on RSPW.
    Links:
    "[POLL] What would you pay for a bumper sticker?"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/YPqcATbyaVA/m/-Quyqu14UDIJ
    "[Bumper Sticker] Update/Info"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/18Oz6OwCSLU/m/K97YQTK-Ky0J
    "Remember when John Henry tried selling bumper stickers to RSPW?"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/b4F7qKVKI7o/m/eP_uLgI-NakJ
    "Attn: John Henry (sticker testimonial)"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/0lk3XzVLQvE/m/yzCIpvSYDCgJ
    Quotes:
    "Let's say I had this idea to create and sell bumper stickers via
    lowgenius.com. Let's even pretend, for a minute, that people would be
    interested in purchasing them - that the logo or phrase I put on them was
    marketable. What would you pay for one? I can get blank stickers for around >> a buck each, or a little less - the ink for each one, I figure, would run on >> the order of $.25 each (high quality/high DPI printing), and the shipping
    would (of course) run as much as 37 cents each. This puts my break-even
    point somewhere around $1.50 each...and let's face it, I'm not doing this
    for fun, I'm doing it to make money (and perhaps a statement). So let's say >> $2? Is that too much? What if I agreed to donate a portion of the proceeds >> to a worthy entity related somehow to the sentiment expressed on the sticker?
    Would $3 be too much to ask?" - John Henry
    "Due to overwhelmingly positive response from my "test market" (Thanks,
    rasslin fans!), I have decided to go ahead with my bumper sticker idea. I've >> created the stickers, which I will offer for sale @ 3.00 each. I will also >> be donating $0.15 from the sale of each sticker to an appropriate fund for >> further propagation of the message on the sticker. I will follow this
    message up with full ordering details, etc., when I get the website and
    order forms completed; ordering will be done through PayPal using your visa, >> mastercard, etc." - John Henry
    "LOL, John's "test market" research consisted of him talking to 8 people on >> the RSPW AOL chat, most likely. I think that's how Microsoft does their
    market research too. I give it 4 days before John abandons this idea." -
    PetePanaro
    "A peanuthead is the type of scum that hates real work and manual labor, and >> fancies themself as a smart guy that can get by on their brains instead of >> having to work. The problem is, the're drawn to get-rich-quick schemes and >> other small-potato stuff because they don't have enough real intelligence, >> not to mention education, to do anything in life. They can't even be good
    con-men correctly, for them it's always the next big idea that's going to
    make them rich." - John Henry Slapper
    "May be the best money-making idea I've ever had" - John Henry
    "You might become a hundred-aire from this latest boondoggle." - PetePanaro >> "I sold a couple of hundred." - John Henry
    "I got my stickers BTW, and thought I'd offer some feedback. No worries on >> the jagged edges of the prototypes[...] I see Calzone's point on the
    skinnyness of the 'You Suck' sticker, perhaps instead of:
    YOU SUCK. GO AWAY.
    you could stack them thusly:
    YOU SUCK.
    GO AWAY.
    They could also then be mailed without folding." - Lord Gow333, minion of
    the Apocalypse

Entry:
    RSPW the Book
    Year:
    Description:
    John considers selling the wrestling trivia portion of the FAQ as a book.
    Links:
    "Yo John Henry, when do you plan on putting out the RSPW book?"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/BQkWw6nsohY/m/jaUFjvkSATMJ
    "FAQ/Wrestlepedia - Followup"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/HwX65qP_uyQ/m/N48RQaN6G34J
    "(META) RSPW - The book????"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/j30Hej0_EbU/m/gEgwZ-QcBCMJ
    "Wait, lemme get this straight...so *I'M* jealous? Well, let's check this
    out:"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/LITtvFHUfUA/m/-1-x5bw0i54J
    "[FAQ] A decision has been reached"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/JXp9jXtJK7w/m/0Kah51dIrgUJ
    Quotes:
    "The Wrestlepedia will need some rework, which is a time-consuming pain in >> the butt, but I'll do it, with the help of whoever cares to help. When it's >> done, yeah, I probably *will* try to sell it as a 3-space book. Why not? I >> have worked hard on it - and will work harder - and I'm certainly not the
    kind of shallow, crooked asshole that would try to make money myself
    *without* ensuring that everyone else involved got their share of the pie." -
    John Henry
    "The basic gist I got from this article was "NO NO NO NO It's not about the >> money!!!! OK it is about the money." - Oooh your so cool Brewster
    "I think that we may want to seriously consider finding a paper publisher
    for this once we've achieved version 3.0; it's ust something to keep in mind,
    but I think that the "Professional Wrestling Encyclopedia" is something that >> could very well find a niche market, and best of all we could issue a new
    edition every year or two with updated information. It's just a thought, but >> hell, we're all working hard on this, so why not try and benefit from it?" - >> Scutt Farkus (quoting John Henry DeJong's message to the RSPW FAQ mailing
    list)
    "As for "cashing in on other people's work," I'd hardly call what I do
    "cashing in." A couple of people have stepped in to help out because they
    like the site and are good folks. So my server bill is covered for a few
    months. I certainly appreciate it, but I'd hardly call it "cashing in." I'm >> also curious as to what "other people's work" you're talking about. Other
    than a handful of FAQ entries [...] everything on that site is of my
    creation, and none of it is generating any income. There's no "pay" section >> of the site. There's no membership or dues. There's no popup advertisements >> or banner ads. So where am I "cashing in" here, vermin? What "other people's >> work" am I pimping for money? I don't see it. Just one more illustration of >> how frightened you are to think that maybe someday you'll find out that you >> didn't have to be a low-life fraud to get a few bucks out of life." - John >> Henry
    "So you have fun trying desperately to cast me as some money-grubbing thief >> just looking to scam a few marks out of their bucks by hocking the work of >> other people. Anyone with half a brain knows better" - John Henry
    "Neither the FAQ nor the Wrestlepedia will be offered for sale as a book.
    That is all." - John Henry

Entry:
    RSPW the Store
    Year:
    Description:
    John pushes book and video sales using Amazon affiliate marketing.
    Links:
    "[RS{W.Net] Video Store, A preview of the new RSPW/PW FAQ..."
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/bUiEjjHtzKo/m/Z0nrNkGom2cJ
    "[RSPW.Net] Info, New Features, Future Plans, and Begging"
    groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/c/SdfKI8pl8KI/m/3HhGffagSWEJ
    Quotes:
    "I'm not going to buy from you just because you have to shill it to have
    anyone care. Now, if I was visiting RSPW.net and saw the ad, maybe I would >> consider it. But if you're going to just become another Marc Ash, then

[continued in next message]

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)