• =?UTF-8?Q?=22Many_Republicans_support_Trump_no_matter_what=2C_acco?= =?

From Ja-Son-Wan-Kenobi Has the High Grou@21:1/5 to All on Thu Aug 3 00:04:07 2023
    Total Truth From David Brooks:

Donald Trump seems to get indicted on a weekly basis. Yet he is utterly dominating his Republican rivals in the polls, and he is tied with Joe Biden in the general election surveys. Trump’s poll numbers are stronger against Biden now than at any time
    in 2020.

What’s going on here? Why is this guy still politically viable, after all he’s done?

We anti-Trumpers often tell a story to explain that. It was encapsulated in a quote the University of North Carolina political scientist Marc Hetherington gave to my colleague Thomas B. Edsall recently: “Republicans see a world changing around them
    uncomfortably fast, and they want it to slow down, maybe even take a step backward. But if you are a person of color, a woman who values gender equality or an L.G.B.T. person, would you want to go back to 1963? I doubt it.”

In this story we anti-Trumpers are the good guys, the forces of progress and enlightenment. The Trumpers are reactionary bigots and authoritarians. Many Republicans support Trump no matter what, according to this story, because at the end of the day he’
    s still the bigot in chief, the embodiment of their resentments, and that’s what matters to them most.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Skeeter@21:1/5 to All on Thu Aug 3 09:55:21 2023
    In article <5c27347e-f5a5-4191-8625-d5736ef27a0dn@googlegroups.com>, davidbrown20782@gmail.com says...

Donald Trump seems to get indicted on a weekly basis. Yet he is utterly dominating his Republican rivals in the polls, and he is tied with Joe Biden in the general election surveys. Trump?s poll numbers are stronger against Biden now than at any time
    in 2020.

Is there a point here?

What?s going on here? Why is this guy still politically viable, after all he?s done?

The people can see through the bullshit.

We anti-Trumpers often tell a story to explain that. It was encapsulated in a quote the University of North Carolina political scientist Marc Hetherington gave to my colleague Thomas B. Edsall recently: ?Republicans see a world changing around them
    uncomfortably fast, and they want it to slow down, maybe even take a step backward. But if you are a person of color, a woman who values gender equality or an L.G.B.T. person, would you want to go back to 1963? I doubt it.?

and as usual you are wrong. Lot's of blacks supporting Trump this year.

In this story we anti-Trumpers are the good guys, the forces of progress and enlightenment. The Trumpers are reactionary bigots and authoritarians. Many Republicans support Trump no matter what, according to this story, because at the end of the day he?
    s still the bigot in chief, the embodiment of their resentments, and that?s what matters to them most.

Cry a river. Why do you ignore Joe and family? You calling yourself "anti-trumpers" is proof how much he owns you.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gilles Guattari@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 15 20:17:21 2023
    On Thu, 03 Aug 2023 00:04:07 -0700, Ja-Son-Wan-Kenobi Has the High Ground wrote:

Donald Trump seems to get indicted on a weekly basis. Yet he is utterly dominating his Republican rivals in the polls, and he is tied with Joe
    Biden in the general election surveys. Trump’s poll numbers are stronger against Biden now than at any time in 2020.

What’s going on here? Why is this guy still politically viable, after
    all he’s done?

We anti-Trumpers often tell a story to explain that. It was encapsulated
    in a quote the University of North Carolina political scientist Marc Hetherington gave to my colleague Thomas B. Edsall recently:
    “Republicans see a world changing around them uncomfortably fast, and
    they want it to slow down, maybe even take a step backward. But if you
    are a person of color, a woman who values gender equality or an L.G.B.T. person, would you want to go back to 1963? I doubt it.”

In this story we anti-Trumpers are the good guys, the forces of progress
    and enlightenment. The Trumpers are reactionary bigots and
    authoritarians. Many Republicans support Trump no matter what, according
    to this story, because at the end of the day he’s still the bigot in
    chief, the embodiment of their resentments, and that’s what matters to
    them most.

None left in RSPW. Skeeter won't defend him with anything but tu quoques
    and P-Dub has denied him thrice.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Skeeter@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 15 15:33:37 2023
    In article <ubgmgh$2uv0d$13@dont-email.me>, gg@walterpadick.com says...

On Thu, 03 Aug 2023 00:04:07 -0700, Ja-Son-Wan-Kenobi Has the High Ground wrote:

Donald Trump seems to get indicted on a weekly basis. Yet he is utterly dominating his Republican rivals in the polls, and he is tied with Joe Biden in the general election surveys. Trump?s poll numbers are stronger against Biden now than at any time in 2020.

What?s going on here? Why is this guy still politically viable, after
    all he?s done?

We anti-Trumpers often tell a story to explain that. It was encapsulated
    in a quote the University of North Carolina political scientist Marc Hetherington gave to my colleague Thomas B. Edsall recently:
    ?Republicans see a world changing around them uncomfortably fast, and
    they want it to slow down, maybe even take a step backward. But if you
    are a person of color, a woman who values gender equality or an L.G.B.T. person, would you want to go back to 1963? I doubt it.?

In this story we anti-Trumpers are the good guys, the forces of progress and enlightenment. The Trumpers are reactionary bigots and
    authoritarians. Many Republicans support Trump no matter what, according
    to this story, because at the end of the day he?s still the bigot in
    chief, the embodiment of their resentments, and that?s what matters to
    them most.

None left in RSPW. Skeeter won't defend him with anything but tu quoques
    and P-Dub has denied him thrice.

Defend who?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05