• Tony Khan says bringing All Elite Wrestling to Wembley =?CP1251?Q?=91tr

From Liz Bentley@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 20 02:14:47 2023
    by Mark Mann-Bryans

Tony Khan is hoping for an August bank holiday weekend to remember – culminating in the “most exciting” experience of his life at All Elite Wrestling’s All In show at Wembley.

Fulham’s director of football will be in the capital for their Premier
    League trip to Arsenal on Saturday, August 26 before spending the evening celebrating his mother’s birthday.

The next day will see professional wrestling return to Wembley Stadium
    for the first time in 31 years, with Khan’s own promotion – AEW – hosting a show that has already sold over 70,000 tickets without a match being announced.

“I think it’ll be a lot of emotions at once, to go to such a familiar
    place to me and my family where we’ve had some of our greatest memories,” Khan told the PA news agency about heading back to Wembley, where he has
    seen Fulham twice win the Sky Bet Championship play-off final and watched
    the Jacksonville Jaguars – the NFL franchise owned by his father and with whom he holds an executive position.

“If you look at my Twitter account, my header – the background – is celebrating at Wembley Stadium at the final whistle (of the play-off
    final).

“That was the greatest day of my life to this point, now I’m so happy
    that this summer I have to look forward to AEW: All In.

“It’s going to be a great weekend because August 26 is my mother’s 75th birthday – we will go up to north London for Arsenal vs Fulham on
    Saturday and celebrate my mother’s 75th birthday after I get done with
    the AEW production meeting.

“I’m sure we’ll have a lovely evening in Mayfair, hopefully celebrating a good performance at Arsenal, I hope, and then August 27 is going to be a cultural event.”

While professional wrestling has its share of detractors, Khan insists
    the sheer volume of tickets shifted for All In – with over 35,000 sold in
    a pre-sale event – proves it belongs on the Wembley stage.

read more at: https://news.yahoo.com/tony-khan-says-bringing-elite-092828956.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)