• Blinken urges Senate to confirm stalled diplomatic nominees

From Liz Bentley@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 18 19:23:07 2023
    Source: NBC News

WASHINGTON — Secretary of State Antony Blinken is urging the Senate to confirm more than 60 State Department nominees who have been blocked by
    Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., while he seeks information from the administration
    on the origins of Covid-19.

“I am again asking for your leadership to swiftly confirm State
    Department nominees on the floor,” Blinken wrote in a letter Monday
    obtained by NBC News. “If you are holding one or more nominees, I respectfully ask that you reconsider or work with the Department to find
    a reasonable and expedited path forward." "Our foreign policy and
    national security interests are depending on it,” Blinken added.

Last month, Paul blocked all State Department nominees from clearing
    Senate confirmation, citing his longstanding request that the department release additional information on the origins of Covid and related
    government funded research.

Sixty-two diplomatic nominees are awaiting Senate confirmation, including
    38 nominated for ambassador positions. All but three of the ambassadorial nominees are career foreign service workers, and some of their
    appointments have languished in the the Senate for more than 18 months,
    Blinken told reporters on Monday.

Read more: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/blinken-urge-senate- confirm-stalled-diplomatic-nominees-rcna94685

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From P-Dub@21:1/5 to Liz Bentley on Wed Jul 19 05:13:49 2023
    On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 3:23:11 PM UTC-4, Liz Bentley wrote:
    Source: NBC News

WASHINGTON — Secretary of State Antony Blinken is urging the Senate to confirm more than 60 State Department nominees who have been blocked by
    Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., while he seeks information from the administration
    on the origins of Covid-19.

“I am again asking for your leadership to swiftly confirm State
    Department nominees on the floor,” Blinken wrote in a letter Monday obtained by NBC News. “If you are holding one or more nominees, I respectfully ask that you reconsider or work with the Department to find
    a reasonable and expedited path forward." "Our foreign policy and
    national security interests are depending on it,” Blinken added.

Last month, Paul blocked all State Department nominees from clearing
    Senate confirmation, citing his longstanding request that the department release additional information on the origins of Covid and related government funded research.

Sixty-two diplomatic nominees are awaiting Senate confirmation, including
    38 nominated for ambassador positions. All but three of the ambassadorial nominees are career foreign service workers, and some of their
    appointments have languished in the the Senate for more than 18 months, Blinken told reporters on Monday.

Read more: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/blinken-urge-senate- confirm-stalled-diplomatic-nominees-rcna94685

I agree with Paul. I want to know the official info about Covid 19 origins. Fauci is all over that. But there are also numerous demofraud assholes involved going back to the Obama 'administration' - and this needs to get exposed.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)