• Re: Awright! Another MASSIVE Win For Soon-To-Be-President RON DESANTIS!

From Skeeter@21:1/5 to All on Thu May 18 14:31:42 2023
    In article <fe1ec369-648d-4270-9431-59e7b826ec4cn@googlegroups.com>, davidbrown20782@gmail.com says...

Disney Pulls Plug on $1 Billion Development in Florida

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/18/business/disney-ron-desantis-florida.html

A new office complex, and relocation of a division from California, would have created more than 2,000 jobs but was scuttled as the company and Gov. Ron DeSantis continue to feud.

By Brooks Barnes
    May 18, 2023, 2:15 p.m. ET
    In March, Disney called Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida ?anti-business? for his scorched-earth attempt to tighten oversight of the company?s theme park resort near Orlando. Last month, when Disney sued the governor and his allies for what it called ?a
    targeted campaign of government retaliation,? the company made clear that $17 billion in planned investment in Walt Disney World was on the line.

?Does the state want us to invest more, employ more people, and pay more taxes, or not?? Robert A. Iger, Disney?s chief executive, said on an earnings-related conference call with analysts last week.

On Thursday, Mr. Iger and Josh D?Amaro, Disney?s theme park and consumer products chairman, showed that they were not bluffing, pulling the plug on a nearly $1 billion office complex that was scheduled for construction in Orlando. It would have brought
    more than 2,000 jobs to the region, with $120,000 as the average salary, according to an estimate from the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.

The project, known as the Lake Nona Town Center, was supposed to involve the relocation of more than 1,000 employees from Southern California, including most of a department known as Imagineering, which works with Disney?s movie studios to develop
    theme park attractions. Most of the affected employees complained bitterly about having to move ? some quit ? but Disney largely held firm, partly because of a Florida tax credit that would have allowed the company to recoup
    as much as $570 million over 20 years for building and occupying the complex.

ADVERTISEMENT

When he announced the project in 2021, Mr. D?Amaro cited ?Florida?s business-friendly climate? as justification.

Mr. D?Amaro?s tone in an email to employees on Thursday was notably different. He cited ?changing business conditions? as a reason for canceling the Lake Nona project. ?I remain optimistic about the direction of our Walt Disney World business,? Mr. D?
    Amaro said in the memo. He noted that $17 billion was still earmarked for construction at Disney World over the next decade ? growth that would create an estimated 13,000 jobs. ?I hope we?re able to,? he said.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Once Again, Our Man Ron OWNS DISNEY and shows them WHO RUNS THINGS ROUND THESE PARTS!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Still crying about things that don't matter?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Skeeter@21:1/5 to All on Thu May 18 14:39:11 2023
    In article <de96d120-5879-44e8-bc5f-dc9ae714c0d6n@googlegroups.com>, davidbrown20782@gmail.com says...

On Thursday, May 18, 2023 at 4:34:01 PM UTC-4, Skeeter wrote:
    In article <fe1ec369-648d-4270...@googlegroups.com>,
    davidbr...@gmail.com says...

A new office complex, and relocation of a division from California, would have created more than 2,000 jobs but was scuttled as the company and Gov. Ron DeSantis continue to feud.

By Brooks Barnes
    In March, Disney called Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida ?anti-business? for his scorched-earth attempt to tighten oversight of the company?s theme park resort near Orlando. Last month, when Disney sued the governor and his allies for what it called ?a
    targeted campaign of government retaliation,? the company made clear that $17 billion in planned investment in Walt Disney World was on the line.

?Does the state want us to invest more, employ more people, and pay more taxes, or not?? Robert A. Iger, Disney?s chief executive, said on an earnings-related conference call with analysts last week.

On Thursday, Mr. Iger and Josh D?Amaro, Disney?s theme park and consumer products chairman, showed that they were not bluffing, pulling the plug on a nearly $1 billion office complex that was scheduled for construction in Orlando. It would have
    brought more than 2,000 jobs to the region, with $120,000 as the average salary, according to an estimate from the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.

The project, known as the Lake Nona Town Center, was supposed to involve the relocation of more than 1,000 employees from Southern California, including most of a department known as Imagineering, which works with Disney?s movie studios to develop
    theme park attractions. Most of the affected employees complained bitterly about having to move ? some quit ? but Disney largely held firm, partly because of a Florida tax credit that would have allowed the company to
    recoup

ADVERTISEMENT

When he announced the project in 2021, Mr. D?Amaro cited ?Florida?s business-friendly climate? as justification.

Mr. D?Amaro?s tone in an email to employees on Thursday was notably different. He cited ?changing business conditions? as a reason for canceling the Lake Nona project. ?I remain optimistic about the direction of our Walt Disney World business,? Mr.
    D?Amaro said in the memo. He noted that $17 billion was still earmarked for construction at Disney World over the next decade ? growth that would create an estimated 13,000 jobs. ?I hope we?re able to,? he said.

Once Again, Our Man Ron OWNS DISNEY and shows them WHO RUNS THINGS ROUND THESE PARTS!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!
    Still dancing for me within mere SECONDS after I post?

You haven't figured out usenet works have you?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ja-Son-Wan-Kenobi Has the High Grou@21:1/5 to Skeeter on Thu May 18 13:35:30 2023
    On Thursday, May 18, 2023 at 4:34:01 PM UTC-4, Skeeter wrote:
    In article <fe1ec369-648d-4270...@googlegroups.com>,

By Brooks Barnes

On Thursday, Mr. Iger and Josh D?Amaro, Disney?s theme park and consumer products chairman, showed that they were not bluffing, pulling the plug on a nearly $1 billion office complex that was scheduled for construction in Orlando. It would have
    brought more than 2,000 jobs to the region, with $120,000 as the average salary, according to an estimate from the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.

theme park attractions. Most of the affected employees complained bitterly about having to move ? some quit ? but Disney largely held firm, partly because of a Florida tax credit that would have allowed the company to recoup

ADVERTISEMENT

Mr. D?Amaro?s tone in an email to employees on Thursday was notably different. He cited ?changing business conditions? as a reason for canceling the Lake Nona project. ?I remain optimistic about the direction of our Walt Disney World business,? Mr. D?
    Amaro said in the memo. He noted that $17 billion was still earmarked for construction at Disney World over the next decade ? growth that would create an estimated 13,000 jobs. ?I hope we?re able to,? he said.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jebediah Grainger@21:1/5 to Skeeter on Thu May 18 18:16:23 2023
    On Thursday, May 18, 2023 at 4:39:16 PM UTC-4, Skeeter wrote:
    In article <de96d120-5879-44e8...@googlegroups.com>,

On Thursday, May 18, 2023 at 4:34:01 PM UTC-4, Skeeter wrote:
    In article <fe1ec369-648d-4270...@googlegroups.com>, davidbr...@gmail.com says...

By Brooks Barnes
    In March, Disney called Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida ?anti-business? for his scorched-earth attempt to tighten oversight of the company?s theme park resort near Orlando. Last month, when Disney sued the governor and his allies for what it called ?
    a targeted campaign of government retaliation,? the company made clear that $17 billion in planned investment in Walt Disney World was on the line.

The project, known as the Lake Nona Town Center, was supposed to involve the relocation of more than 1,000 employees from Southern California, including most of a department known as Imagineering, which works with Disney?s movie studios to
    develop theme park attractions. Most of the affected employees complained bitterly about having to move ? some quit ? but Disney largely held firm, partly because of a Florida tax credit that would have allowed the company to
    recoup

ADVERTISEMENT

Mr. D?Amaro?s tone in an email to employees on Thursday was notably different. He cited ?changing business conditions? as a reason for canceling the Lake Nona project. ?I remain optimistic about the direction of our Walt Disney World business,?
    Mr. D?Amaro said in the memo. He noted that $17 billion was still earmarked for construction at Disney World over the next decade ? growth that would create an estimated 13,000 jobs. ?I hope we?re able to,? he said.

You're my biggest groupie, I figured that out.
    Please, though, up off your knees...that's not my thing. NTTAWWT

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Freezer@21:1/5 to All on Fri May 19 04:41:53 2023
    If I don't reply to this Skeeter post, the terroists win.

One would think those lost jobs, tax dollars and tourist spending
    would matter to the people of Florida.

And to those looking at Gov. Puddinfingers as a potential POTUS, of
    course.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Skeeter@21:1/5 to All on Fri May 19 04:01:44 2023
    In article <XnsB008F111E1CE2freezer88hotmailcom@95.217.65.137>, freezer88@hotSPAMTHISmail.com says...

course.

Cry more cupcake. Any word on your pick?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Skeeter@21:1/5 to All on Fri May 19 04:02:24 2023
    In article <8db2c13a-315e-4147-8aec-24d9dc682083n@googlegroups.com>, jebediah.grainger2@gmail.com says...

On Thursday, May 18, 2023 at 4:39:16 PM UTC-4, Skeeter wrote:
    In article <de96d120-5879-44e8...@googlegroups.com>,

On Thursday, May 18, 2023 at 4:34:01 PM UTC-4, Skeeter wrote:
    In article <fe1ec369-648d-4270...@googlegroups.com>, davidbr...@gmail.com says...

By Brooks Barnes
    In March, Disney called Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida ?anti-business? for his scorched-earth attempt to tighten oversight of the company?s theme park resort near Orlando. Last month, when Disney sued the governor and his allies for what it
    called ?a targeted campaign of government retaliation,? the company made clear that $17 billion in planned investment in Walt Disney World was on the line.

The project, known as the Lake Nona Town Center, was supposed to involve the relocation of more than 1,000 employees from Southern California, including most of a department known as Imagineering, which works with Disney?s movie studios to
    develop theme park attractions. Most of the affected employees complained bitterly about having to move ? some quit ? but Disney largely held firm, partly because of a Florida tax credit that would have allowed the company to
    recoup

ADVERTISEMENT

Mr. D?Amaro?s tone in an email to employees on Thursday was notably different. He cited ?changing business conditions? as a reason for canceling the Lake Nona project. ?I remain optimistic about the direction of our Walt Disney World business,?
    Mr. D?Amaro said in the memo. He noted that $17 billion was still earmarked for construction at Disney World over the next decade ? growth that would create an estimated 13,000 jobs. ?I hope we?re able to,? he said.

You're my biggest groupie, I figured that out.
    Please, though, up off your knees...that's not my thing. NTTAWWT

Here he comes running back to hump my leg.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Davey Zimmerman #274@21:1/5 to Jebediah Grainger on Sat May 20 16:45:53 2023
    Jebediah Grainger <jebediah.grainger2@gmail.com> wrote in news:48ff3882-bfb2-4589-8224-21929f59a624n@googlegroups.com:

On Friday, May 19, 2023 at 6:04:15 AM UTC-4, Skeeter wrote:
    In article <XnsB008F111E1CE2f...@95.217.65.137>,
    free...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com says...

course.
    Actually we'd kind of like to keep talking about your boy Ron
    Desantis, "Nancy Sinatra's #1 fan" if you don't mind.

DeSatan is always overcompensating for something he'll never have. Kind
    of like rasslin' fans. He'll go far.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jebediah Grainger@21:1/5 to Skeeter on Sat May 20 09:18:16 2023

And to those looking at Gov. Puddinfingers as a potential POTUS, of course.
    Actually we'd kind of like to keep talking about your boy Ron Desantis, "Nancy Sinatra's #1 fan" if you don't mind.

Heh

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Skeeter@21:1/5 to All on Sat May 20 11:31:01 2023
    In article <48ff3882-bfb2-4589-8224-21929f59a624n@googlegroups.com>, jebediah.grainger2@gmail.com says...

On Friday, May 19, 2023 at 6:04:15 AM UTC-4, Skeeter wrote:
    In article <XnsB008F111E1CE2f...@95.217.65.137>, free...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com says...

And to those looking at Gov. Puddinfingers as a potential POTUS, of course.
    Actually we'd kind of like to keep talking about your boy Ron Desantis, "Nancy Sinatra's #1 fan" if you don't mind.

Heh

Then waste your time with that. Seeing as your side is so fucked up you
    have nothing positive to say.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Freezer@21:1/5 to All on Mon May 22 04:37:45 2023
    If I don't reply to this Jebediah Grainger post, the terroists
    win.

Or, as Toupee Fiasco calls him, "Ron DeSalestax."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Freezer@21:1/5 to All on Mon May 22 04:40:07 2023
    If I don't reply to this Davey Zimmerman #274 post, the
    terroists win.

Jebediah Grainger <jebediah.grainger2@gmail.com> wrote in news:48ff3882-bfb2-4589-8224-21929f59a624n@googlegroups.com:

One would think those lost jobs, tax dollars and tourist
    spending would matter to the people of Florida.

And to those looking at Gov. Puddinfingers as a potential
    POTUS, of course.

DeSatan is always overcompensating for something he'll never
    have. Kind of like rasslin' fans. He'll go far.

That doesn't say great things about the current GOP: Your current
    Presidential faves are this charisma-free load or the rapist
    fraudster most of the party higher-ups openly loathe.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Skeeter@21:1/5 to All on Mon May 22 02:59:29 2023
    In article <XnsB00BF0C5250C2freezer88hotmailcom@95.217.65.137>, freezer88@hotSPAMTHISmail.com says...

terroists win.

On Friday, May 19, 2023 at 6:04:15⤯AM UTC-4, Skeeter wrote:

POTUS, of course.

That doesn't say great things about the current GOP: Your current Presidential faves are this charisma-free load or the rapist

What rape? Will you run away now?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Davey Zimmerman #274@21:1/5 to Freezer on Mon May 22 13:16:53 2023
    Freezer <freezer88@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote in news:XnsB00BF0C5250C2freezer88hotmailcom@95.217.65.137:

terroists win.

Jebediah Grainger <jebediah.grainger2@gmail.com> wrote in
    news:48ff3882-bfb2-4589-8224-21929f59a624n@googlegroups.com:

POTUS, of course.

That doesn't say great things about the current GOP: Your current Presidential faves are this charisma-free load or the rapist

"Your current Presidential faves"? How exactly do you figure that?

But make no mistake about it, the Republicans will end up backing Trump
    if he's not convicted and in jail. They don't have a choice. If they
    back someone else, Trump will run as an independent and ensure it's a Democratic president elected again. Trump won't care as long as the
    sheep keep sending him money. (That almost sounds like John Henry, AKA
    the ethical moocher, doesn't it?)

Of course Trump could always drop dead or go into a coma. But don't
    count on that being under your Hanukkah bush in any upcoming December.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Freezer@21:1/5 to All on Wed May 24 05:47:09 2023

That doesn't say great things about the current GOP: Your
    current Presidential faves are this charisma-free load or the
    rapist fraudster most of the party higher-ups openly loathe.

What rape?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_sexual_misconduct_allega
    tions

Take your pick.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Skeeter@21:1/5 to All on Wed May 24 04:57:38 2023
    In article <XnsB00E7FF0C17Ffreezer88hotmailcom@95.217.65.137>, freezer88 @hotSPAMTHISmail.com says...

What rape?

tions

Take your pick.

I saw the word "allegations"

Did you over look that?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ja-Son-Wan-Kenobi Has the High Grou@21:1/5 to Skeeter on Wed May 24 07:19:49 2023
    On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 6:57:43 AM UTC-4, Skeeter wrote:
    In article <XnsB00E7FF0C17Ffr...@95.217.65.137>, freezer88 @hotSPAMTHISmail.com says...

What rape?

tions

Take your pick.

Did you over look that?
    So your boy hangs out with Jeffrey Epstein, and has NUMEROUS allegations of rape against him, but yeah, innocent til proven guilty...as long as he's YOUR boy.
    Meanwhile, Al Franken had to resign from the Senate for simply a juvenile prank.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Skeeter@21:1/5 to All on Wed May 24 11:08:26 2023
    In article <3bfaf0ef-637a-4a7a-8825-6787bb1ff05bn@googlegroups.com>, davidbrown20782@gmail.com says...

On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 6:57:43 AM UTC-4, Skeeter wrote:
    In article <XnsB00E7FF0C17Ffr...@95.217.65.137>, freezer88 @hotSPAMTHISmail.com says...

What rape?

tions

Take your pick.

Did you over look that?
    So your boy hangs out with Jeffrey Epstein, and has NUMEROUS allegations of rape against him, but yeah, innocent til proven guilty...as long as he's YOUR boy.

Innocent until proven guilty is the law. Liberals don't like that. He
    dumped Epstein when he found about about him the first time Epstein
    fucked up. You keep digging up lies while Joe keeps lying and diverting.

Meanwhile, Al Franken had to resign from the Senate for simply a juvenile prank.

So? He was guilty.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ja-Son-Wan-Kenobi Has the High Grou@21:1/5 to Skeeter on Wed May 24 12:43:48 2023
    On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 1:10:05 PM UTC-4, Skeeter wrote:
    In article <3bfaf0ef-637a-4a7a...@googlegroups.com>,

On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 6:57:43 AM UTC-4, Skeeter wrote:

What rape?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_sexual_misconduct_allega tions

Take your pick.

Did you over look that?
    Innocent until proven guilty is the law. Liberals don't like that. He
    dumped Epstein when he found about about him the first time Epstein
    So? He was guilty.

Thanks for proving my point.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Skeeter@21:1/5 to All on Wed May 24 14:13:58 2023
    In article <5256c680-795d-4e50-9310-119ee27ff95bn@googlegroups.com>, davidbrown20782@gmail.com says...

On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 1:10:05 PM UTC-4, Skeeter wrote:
    In article <3bfaf0ef-637a-4a7a...@googlegroups.com>,

On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 6:57:43 AM UTC-4, Skeeter wrote:

What rape?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_sexual_misconduct_allega tions

Take your pick.

Did you over look that?
    Innocent until proven guilty is the law. Liberals don't like that. He dumped Epstein when he found about about him the first time Epstein
    So? He was guilty.

Thanks for proving my point.

What point? If Trump was guilty he would be in jail.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Freezer@21:1/5 to All on Thu May 25 02:41:51 2023
    If I don't reply to this Ja-Son-Wan-Kenobi Has the High Ground
    post, the terroists win.

Meanwhile, Al Franken had to resign from the Senate for simply
    a juvenile prank.

To be fair and honest; that was one was the Left sacrificing
    Franken to maintain the "moral high ground." For all the good it
    did..

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Skeeter@21:1/5 to All on Thu May 25 05:25:24 2023
    In article <XnsB00EDCB76C8E8freezer88hotmailcom@95.217.65.137>, freezer88@hotSPAMTHISmail.com says...

post, the terroists win.

a juvenile prank.

did..

True, the left is still morally bankrupt.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ja-Son-Wan-Kenobi Has the High Grou@21:1/5 to Freezer on Thu May 25 14:50:55 2023
    On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 10:43:04 PM UTC-4, Freezer wrote:
    post, the terroists win.
    a juvenile prank.
    did..

You're right. You're absolutely right.
    It's just that the optics were SO Bad...

It wasn't like some "misuse of campaign funds" bushwah that can be swept under the rug after a 24-hour newscycle. This was going to hang around and smell like fish. thanks to the hypocrites at Fox.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Freezer@21:1/5 to All on Fri May 26 04:40:29 2023
    post, the terroists win.

On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 10:43:04 PM UTC-4, Freezer
    wrote:
    If I don't reply to this Ja-Son-Wan-Kenobi Has the High
    Ground post, the terroists win.
    Meanwhile, Al Franken had to resign from the Senate for
    simply a juvenile prank.
    Franken to maintain the "moral high ground." For all the good
    it did..

It wasn't like some "misuse of campaign funds" bushwah that
    can be swept under the rug after a 24-hour newscycle. This
    was going to hang around and smell like fish. thanks to the
    hypocrites at Fox.

And rather than standing up to the RIght for once and letting
    Franken make amends, they threw him under the self-righteous buss.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Skeeter@21:1/5 to All on Fri May 26 09:54:48 2023
    In article <XnsB00FF0D2BCE3Efreezer88hotmailcom@95.217.65.137>, freezer88@hotSPAMTHISmail.com says...

post, the terroists win.

On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 10:43:04⤯PM UTC-4, Freezer
    wrote:
    If I don't reply to this Ja-Son-Wan-Kenobi Has the High
    Ground post, the terroists win.
    Meanwhile, Al Franken had to resign from the Senate for
    simply a juvenile prank.
    Franken to maintain the "moral high ground." For all the good
    it did..

It wasn't like some "misuse of campaign funds" bushwah that
    can be swept under the rug after a 24-hour newscycle. This
    was going to hang around and smell like fish. thanks to the
    hypocrites at Fox.

And rather than standing up to the RIght for once and letting
    Franken make amends, they threw him under the self-righteous buss.

Since when has the left allowed anyone to make amends?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05