• Thank you Richard Hickson... I hope this works for me too...

From Marni Sotelo@21:1/5 to Richard Hickson on Thu Jun 24 16:09:47 2021
    On Tuesday, December 8, 2020 at 3:52:37 PM UTC-8, Richard Hickson wrote:
    On Monday, November 9, 2020 at 2:17:42 PM UTC-8, Dr. Nick Viscusi wrote:
    On Monday, March 30, 2020 at 8:51:26 AM UTC-7, dbagry...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 2:06:19 PM UTC-4, bmag...@gmail.com wrote:
    I did this and it worked out almost perfectly and, not to mention, pretty quickly!

I sent the email to tit...@us.hsbc.com and 6 days later I had a lien release from HSBC in my mailbox.

Unfortunately, even after explicitly asking them to include the letters "HRSI" in the lien release, the lien release didn't include anything about HRSI. The state I'm working with on the title (Alaska) requires documentation which ties the two
    banks together (even though it's a VERY easy Google find).

I feel like I'm kind of back at square one because when I called HSBC, they basically shrugged me off. I asked them for a "same as" letter and they didn't know anything about it (stating they were the same as HRSI).

Any advice?
    They have sent me the same as letter and it seems like something they print a generic one for everybody. If you email me i can make a scan for you.
    Can you send me a copy of the same as letter. Hopefully california DMV will accept this. Thanks, Nick
    FYI - i had the same problem with my yamaha atv - but here in WA. I had the notarized letter from HSBC and Capital one, but nothing from HRSI. I went to the FDIC web site and printed off the details (look for bank find) and took that to the DMV - bring
    a phone with the link so they can look it up if they don't want to. There is a tab, "history" that explains how HRSI became HSBC then closed which was taken over by Capital one. hope this helps someone out there. Federal documentation should suffice for
    that link. The rest you have to get from Capital one which others have given the links/numbers to. https://research2.fdic.gov/bankfind/detail.html?bank=32921&name=HRSI%2C%20National%20Association&searchName=HRSI%2C%20NATIONAL%20ASSOCIATION&searchFdic=&
    city=&state=&zip=&address=&searchWithin=&activeFlag=&searchByTradename=false&tabId=2

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Deana Foster@21:1/5 to Marni Sotelo on Wed Mar 16 04:38:04 2022
    On Thursday, June 24, 2021 at 6:09:48 PM UTC-5, Marni Sotelo wrote:
    On Tuesday, December 8, 2020 at 3:52:37 PM UTC-8, Richard Hickson wrote:
    On Monday, November 9, 2020 at 2:17:42 PM UTC-8, Dr. Nick Viscusi wrote:
    On Monday, March 30, 2020 at 8:51:26 AM UTC-7, dbagry...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 2:06:19 PM UTC-4, bmag...@gmail.com wrote:
    I did this and it worked out almost perfectly and, not to mention, pretty quickly!

I sent the email to tit...@us.hsbc.com and 6 days later I had a lien release from HSBC in my mailbox.

Unfortunately, even after explicitly asking them to include the letters "HRSI" in the lien release, the lien release didn't include anything about HRSI. The state I'm working with on the title (Alaska) requires documentation which ties the two
    banks together (even though it's a VERY easy Google find).

I feel like I'm kind of back at square one because when I called HSBC, they basically shrugged me off. I asked them for a "same as" letter and they didn't know anything about it (stating they were the same as HRSI).

Any advice?
    They have sent me the same as letter and it seems like something they print a generic one for everybody. If you email me i can make a scan for you.
    Can you send me a copy of the same as letter. Hopefully california DMV will accept this. Thanks, Nick
    FYI - i had the same problem with my yamaha atv - but here in WA. I had the notarized letter from HSBC and Capital one, but nothing from HRSI. I went to the FDIC web site and printed off the details (look for bank find) and took that to the DMV -
    bring a phone with the link so they can look it up if they don't want to. There is a tab, "history" that explains how HRSI became HSBC then closed which was taken over by Capital one. hope this helps someone out there. Federal documentation should
    suffice for that link. The rest you have to get from Capital one which others have given the links/numbers to. https://research2.fdic.gov/bankfind/detail.html?bank=32921&name=HRSI%2C%20National%20Association&searchName=HRSI%2C%20NATIONAL%20ASSOCIATION&
    searchFdic=&city=&state=&zip=&address=&searchWithin=&activeFlag=&searchByTradename=false&tabId=2

This is still happening. It took some time but thanks to this thread, I was able to get a title for the bike I purchased back in October. The original owner didn't realize that they hadn't sent her the title release and it was only after I went to the
    DMV, that I even looked at the front of the title. Needless to say, I paniced. Headed to the DMV today with the Letter from Capitol One (notarzied) and the FDIC History just in case.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)