• 96 Sea-Doo Recall ?????

From emoreland612@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Apr 1 03:01:44 2019
    Three years ago I purchased a 1996 Sea Doo GTI. It had been in covered storage since at least 2003 when it was last registered. I saw it where I keep our ski boat trailer, contacted owner and made an offer. It had less than 100 hours. My brother in AZ
    had a similar model and told me about fuel tank recall. I contacted Sea Doo and even after all these years they had fuel tanks and paid full costs to replace tank. I paid extra $200 for new sender unit to make fuel gauge work. I also paid to change out
    fuel lines to alcohol safe lines. The thing runs great and is lots of fun to ride. It is like a time machine as it looks brand new 23 years later.

Any info ????

Thanks

Bob "Blewbyme Racing" G.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From jarepinski@gmail.com@21:1/5 to sun...@aol.com on Thu Nov 21 15:34:43 2019
    On Monday, April 1, 2019 at 3:01:45 AM UTC-7, sun...@aol.com wrote:
    Three years ago I purchased a 1996 Sea Doo GTI. It had been in covered storage since at least 2003 when it was last registered. I saw it where I keep our ski boat trailer, contacted owner and made an offer. It had less than 100 hours. My brother in AZ
    had a similar model and told me about fuel tank recall. I contacted Sea Doo and even after all these years they had fuel tanks and paid full costs to replace tank. I paid extra $200 for new sender unit to make fuel gauge work. I also paid to change out
    fuel lines to alcohol safe lines. The thing runs great and is lots of fun to ride. It is like a time machine as it looks brand new 23 years later.

Any info ????

Thanks

Bob "Blewbyme Racing" G.

I'm the original owner of a 96 GTI with ~40 hours that I found the recall letter - I must have ignored in 2003. Arranging replacement now. Is there anything you would recommend besides those lines to replace?
    Dealing with the back and forth between Capital One and HSBC who can do the lien release. I got one from HSBC, rejected by DMV, now Cap One says they'll send me a valid one. Mmm, financial institutions should have their act together better than this. Or,
    never take a short term loan which I never have since!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)