• Russ Anber bashes Rocky Marciano

From louisjmarciano@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Mar 16 15:42:33 2019
    Use common sense it’s quite clear what the problem was for Valdez had lost 4 in a row from 1952 to 1953...... loosing 4 in a row kills anyone’s opportunity for a title shot...... they opted for International Intersest in selecting Cokell who was the
    British and Empire Champion as I believe they refered to it as. The public wasn’t clamoring for Valdez to get a shot at that time.
    Tell me when a fighter has challenged for the Heavyweight Championship of The World with a 4 fight loosing streak in his recent wake. In addition a very progressive and articulate Archie Moore who was one of the 4 to defeat Nino within that time frame
    implemented a marketing campaign to get his shot at the Heavyweight Crown......and his efforts generated quite an interest. Nino was talented but unfortunately for him he took himself out of contention for Rocky Marciano..... his timing was terrible to
    fall of on 4 in a row and that’s on him.

There was also reports and supposed eyewitnesses to a sparring session between Rocky and Nino in which Nino left the ring throwing up from a Marciano bodypunch.
    I’ll ask my father whether he can in fact substantiate this as being he’s the younger brother he may know if this occurred.
    One thing that I can tell you unequivocally is that others ran from Rocky Marciano...... Rocky and this is backed up by fact..... Rocky as several Men in boxing witnessed was the only and I mean only prizefighter to actually go into a full sleep in his
    drsssing room before major fights at both Madison Square Garden and Yankee Stadium. Everybody on this thread is guessing....... I’m no guessing ....... Rocky had no reason to fear any MAN as Rocky gave reason to be feared and he was....

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From louisjmarciano@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Mar 16 15:53:12 2019
    Who gives a ratz ass about what this guy R. A. has to say .....
    Some MEN achieved whike others just talk about how those that achieved didn’t really achieved.....

It’s difficult....... I say impossible to really refer to weakness in a MAN’s achievements when he scored so high in so many areas: Heart: Desire: Will to win: Stamina in that he carried the same wallop in late rounds as he did early rounds: punching
    power: ability to throw high output of punches: Chin: Abitly to thrive under severe adversity: Belived in himself to the highest degree:
    Clutch Performer: Thrived in The Grand Stage: Never has excuses: ......refuse to loose. ...... not much to criticize.....

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From aw082418@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Dec 23 20:53:26 2019
    Left out of all the bruhaha is the fact Rocky got off the Ring before The Great Sonny Liston could take him on!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bennettjohn6354@yahoo.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jan 2 13:00:14 2020
    Don Anber is an A**hole. Rocky was 32 years old, and Moore was 39 years old. Both men past 30 years old, and evenly matched in every way. Rocky didn't ,"hand-pick," Moore. Moore bragged outside of the ring, (loudly,) that he could beat Marciano, "show
    him how to really box." He tried , and he lost!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05