• Re: Was Mike Tyson KO'd as an amateur?

From Earl Brian Lewis Jr@21:1/5 to Earl Brian Lewis Jr on Tue Oct 3 07:04:33 2023
    On Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 9:53:38 AM UTC-4, Earl Brian Lewis Jr wrote:
    On Sunday, July 1, 2001 at 9:13:36 AM UTC-4, Chris Tsao wrote:
    In a letter to a boxing magazine that I read years ago, a fan wrote that Mike
    Tyson was knocked out as an amateur. This isn't true is it? If yes, was he on
    he layed out on his back or standing?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Earl Brian Lewis Jr@21:1/5 to Chris Tsao on Tue Oct 3 06:53:36 2023
    In a letter to a boxing magazine that I read years ago, a fan wrote that Mike Tyson was knocked out as an amateur. This isn't true is it? If yes, was he on he layed out on his back or standing?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Earl Brian Lewis Jr@21:1/5 to Earl Brian Lewis Jr on Tue Oct 3 08:43:36 2023
    On Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 10:04:34 AM UTC-4, Earl Brian Lewis Jr wrote:
    Yes Mike lost an amateur boxing match against a seasoned boxer. But as you can see he learned from his mistake.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Earl Brian Lewis Jr@21:1/5 to Earl Brian Lewis Jr on Tue Oct 3 08:36:51 2023
    On Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 10:04:34 AM UTC-4, Earl Brian Lewis Jr wrote:

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Earl Brian Lewis Jr@21:1/5 to Earl Brian Lewis Jr on Tue Oct 3 09:41:33 2023
    On Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 12:32:40 PM UTC-4, Earl Brian Lewis Jr wrote:
    I apologize I tried to get that answer to you sooner. Yeah I boxed Mike Tyson. Regional 3 boxing tournament New York. But this wasn't no big surprise back then it wasn't Mike that was looking at it was me Earl Lewis.. I guess the reason why it really
    didn't spread because Mike was just a kid up and coming he wasn't a banger he turned out to be. And I like to think that maybe I have something to do with that. I'm 60 years old now. every man should know Glory but that was then. The AAU Nationals
    Tournament

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Earl Brian Lewis Jr@21:1/5 to Chris Tsao on Tue Oct 3 09:32:39 2023
    In a letter to a boxing magazine that I read years ago, a fan wrote that Mike Tyson was knocked out as an amateur. This isn't true is it? If yes, was he on he layed out on his back or standing?
    I apologize I tried to get that answer to you sooner. Yeah I boxed Mike Tyson. Regional 3 boxing tournament New York. But this wasn't no big surprise back then it wasn't Mike that was looking at it was me Earl Lewis.. I guess the reason why it really
    didn't spread because Mike was just a kid up and coming he wasn't a banger he turned out to be. And I like to think that maybe I have something to do with that. I'm 60 years old now. every man should know Glory but that was then.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Earl Brian Lewis Jr@21:1/5 to Goldilox on Tue Oct 3 09:48:57 2023
    On Sunday, July 1, 2001 at 2:37:28 PM UTC-4, Goldilox wrote:
    He was never knocked as an amateur, he lost on point's.
    Stupid may i say, i have seen them all and he should have won all of them. But the amateur rules have always been strange i think!!

Jimmy

"Chris Tsao" <rigid...@aol.com> skrev i melding news:20010701091336...@ng-mg1.aol.com...
    In a letter to a boxing magazine that I read years ago, a fan wrote that
    Mike
    Tyson was knocked out as an amateur. This isn't true is it? If yes, was he
    on
    Trust me he was knocked out. Or just get it from the horse's mouth. Mike spoke of this in a interview I can't remember what the interview who interviewed them but he was talking about how the fight he didn't say my name Earl Lewis but he was talking
    about how it affected him and look what he turned out to be so yeah 'that part"

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Earl Brian Lewis Jr@21:1/5 to Chris Tsao on Wed Nov 8 06:07:59 2023

You know Mike Tyson is a legend in his own right. But trying to turn him into Superman and hyping him up more than human it's is a disservice. Of course Mike Tyson was knocked out for the count unconscious. And that doesn't take away all of his
    accomplishments. Mr Tyson picked himself up honed his skill that much more and became the Great champion fighter that he is today. What is confusing to me is it was televised locally if not nationally. It was a regional boxing tournament. You know the
    box off before you go to the Nationals. The regional Three boxing tournament New York, Pennsylvania, and Ohio, I won the district in Ohio. I boxed Mike Tyson for the regional tournament. And I advanced on to the Nationals. If you want the receipts for
    what I just said. It should be easy accessible because who Mr Tyson turn out to be. Here is a riddle for you. What happens when a puncher goes up against a boxer puncher. Larry Holmes not withstanding that is.
    I joke. I am 61 years old now. And looking back to my Glory Days. It's just whimsical. Not many people can claim that they knocked out 'Mike Tyson" Glory Days.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05