• Any of the old posters still visit here?

From Pie@21:1/5 to Tryck on Thu Mar 5 15:45:10 2020
    On Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 10:51:05 AM UTC-5, Tryck wrote:
    Robert Phillips, Bobby Beardon, BoxMuham, SuperCalo?

Hey! Appreciate the call-out!
    I'm amazed that there's even this much traffic in ol' RSB anymore...

Pie

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From pablo@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jun 26 05:11:36 2023
    Wow. Used to post as pliesenberg aka pablo many years back, and was cruising the net today as I reminsced SanityCruzer, who became a real world friend when I moved to California. He passed away a few months back. Heaven knows how many fights we watched
    together over the last 20 something years. It is fitting he gets a 10 bell count in here.

You all old regulars take good care! ...p

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From mwhaught@21:1/5 to pablo on Sat Jul 15 20:15:14 2023
    On Monday, June 26, 2023 at 8:11:37 AM UTC-4, pablo wrote:
    Wow. Used to post as pliesenberg aka pablo many years back, and was cruising the net today as I reminsced SanityCruzer, who became a real world friend when I moved to California. He passed away a few months back. Heaven knows how many fights we watched
    together over the last 20 something years. It is fitting he gets a 10 bell count in here.

Wow! I popped in here to see if RSB still existed and this post was at the top.

Sorry to see that Gary (Sanity Cruzer) passed away. He and I went round and round more than a few times and ended up friendly. We were exchanging emails for quite awhile and then they tapered off. I wished that I had stayed in touch.

Hope that Donn is still with us. I still stay in touch with Steve Donatelli (He had a few monikers on RSB). Greetings to all the old crew of the 90s and early 2000s!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From mwhaught@21:1/5 to mwhaught on Sat Jul 15 20:28:48 2023
    On Saturday, July 15, 2023 at 11:15:16 PM UTC-4, mwhaught wrote:
    On Monday, June 26, 2023 at 8:11:37 AM UTC-4, pablo wrote:
    Wow. Used to post as pliesenberg aka pablo many years back, and was cruising the net today as I reminsced SanityCruzer, who became a real world friend when I moved to California. He passed away a few months back. Heaven knows how many fights we
    watched together over the last 20 something years. It is fitting he gets a 10 bell count in here.

Wow! I popped in here to see if RSB still existed and this post was at the top.

Sorry to see that Gary (Sanity Cruzer) passed away. He and I went round and round more than a few times and ended up friendly. We were exchanging emails for quite awhile and then they tapered off. I wished that I had stayed in touch.

Hope that Donn is still with us. I still stay in touch with Steve Donatelli (He had a few monikers on RSB). Greetings to all the old crew of the 90s and early 2000s!

And Patrick Kehoe! I stay in touch with Patrick also on Facebook.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From pablo@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 2 14:45:58 2023
    And more than anything - this thread reminds me how much I friggin' miss my friend, The SanityCruzer. Over 25 years of close friendship is something hard to get over. And he was healthy and as opinionated and full of life as he always showed in RSB. His
    passion in his short retirement were social causes, animal welfare and local politics. Things he left a major and lasting impact in.

But I have his hyper-loyal dog to remind me of my friend. And unsurprisingly the dog and my cat get along amazingly well - they had met several times before.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From pablo@21:1/5 to mwhaught on Thu Nov 2 14:38:42 2023
    On Saturday, July 15, 2023 at 8:28:50 PM UTC-7, mwhaught wrote:

And Patrick Kehoe! I stay in touch with Patrick also on Facebook.

I remember all you guys well!

Back in those days boxing gave us far more to talk about! :-) Now the crap "boxing fans" talk the most about is the ridiculous Fury-Ngannou "fight" as if it was ever real. :-) Far less serious boxing to talk about. People get hyped too early, get
    protected, and retire before we ever knew if they were as great as their promotoers claim. I know in the past I criticized HBO for their conflict of interest in being both starmakers and commentators, but boxing died a little when HBO boxing dimmed its
    lights, too.

More importantly, I wish all the members that made rec.sport.boxing so thoroughly enjoyable good health, and never forget champions are minted after round 10. :-) May all of you have some good fights left in you!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05