• Mike Middleton "Big Middle"

From mwhaught@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 17 14:47:53 2019
    I haven't posted on here in a few years, but I have some sad news to share.

Former heavyweight boxer and rec.sport.boxing participant, Mike Middleton, has passed away. Mike used to post on here as Big Middle.

Mike was severely injured in a bicycle accident a few months ago. He was hospitalized soon after the accident, later moved to a facility in Orlando, VA and unfortunately was never able to return home.

Rest in Peace, Mike.

-mwhaught

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Patrick Kehoe@21:1/5 to mwhaught on Wed Aug 14 23:01:31 2019
    On Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 2:47:54 PM UTC-7, mwhaught wrote:

Former heavyweight boxer and rec.sport.boxing participant, Mike Middleton, has passed away. Mike used to post on here as Big Middle.

Mike was severely injured in a bicycle accident a few months ago. He was hospitalized soon after the accident, later moved to a facility in Orlando, VA and unfortunately was never able to return home.

Rest in Peace, Mike.

-mwhaught

WOW... I haven't posted here in eons either - HI MWH! - but, was surfing around tonight... SOOOOOOOOO sorry to hear about Big Middle... tough way to go, especially for someone as vital and outgoing as Mike... thanks's for the post mwh... take care and be
    well!!!

P

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gnichols@suddenlink.net@21:1/5 to mwhaught on Sat Sep 14 19:03:02 2019
    On Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 5:47:54 PM UTC-4, mwhaught wrote:

Rest in Peace, Mike.

-mwhaught

Holy shit! I remember listening to Mike fight Harrison on some radio station we found on the Net years ago. Mike was an "opponent" to many fighter's, but laid it all on the line when he fought. RIP Mr. Middleton. On a side note, like anybody still checks
    here, I hope you,MWH, and Pat are doing good. RSB was the first place I found years ago on WebTv, where I thought "Jesus Christ, there are other demented fuckers that watch fights like me". I miss the inside info, the wars, and even Chee.

Gary

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From john@boxrec.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Oct 7 15:16:27 2019
    I didn't know RSB was even still going, RIP Mike

JohnShep

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05