• cue tips, hard vs. soft, pros and cons.

From jnoe6997@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Mike A. on Sun Aug 16 09:31:53 2020
    On Friday, October 16, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Mike A. wrote:
    I would like to see some opinions on hard cue tips versus soft.
    My wife uses a soft tip and it seems easier to provide smooth english
    with her cue. My cue has a significantly firmer tip and I find it
    easier to make straight and cut shots with it.

What's your take?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From jnoe6997@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Mike A. on Sun Aug 16 09:50:35 2020

What's your take?

Ah, yes, the never ending, age old soft tip vs hard tip debate. In my opinion a soft tip will be a better choice (for the most part) if the player is a beginner or intermediate level player with one very important caveat: Any soft tip a player uses won't
    be soft for long. With use it turns into a medium to hard tip in short order due to the fact that every time the cue ball is hit the soft tip compresses turning into - (not a soft tip anymore). Soft tips need to be replaced much sooner than harder tips
    because they lose their shape more quickly and need constant attention. As the soft tip becomes harder and harder through use it needs less and less attention but by then you've lost most of the tip and it will need to be replaced. In the end each player
    makes a personal choice about which tip they like best. Soft, hard, medium, all are viable choices.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jnoe6997@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Mike A. on Sun Aug 16 09:53:43 2020

What's your take?

Ah, yes, the never ending, age old soft tip vs hard tip debate. In my opinion a soft tip will be a better choice (for the most part) if the player is a beginner or intermediate level player with one very important caveat: Any soft tip a player uses won't
    be soft for long. With use it turns into a medium to hard tip in short order due to the fact that every time the cue ball is hit the soft tip compresses turning into - (not a soft tip anymore). Soft tips need to be replaced much sooner than harder tips
    because they lose their shape more quickly and need constant attention. As the soft tip becomes harder and harder through use it needs less and less attention but by then you've lost most of the tip and it will need to be replaced. In the end each player
    makes a personal choice about which tip they like best. Soft, medium, or hard, all are viable choices.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05