Fails to take new ball wicket - check
    Oz's highest RPO - check (easily)
    Most Wides - check
    Most No-balls - check

Once again, Reality defeats Myth.

oty Chux

alvey

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From mike@21:1/5 to krquet on Wed Aug 4 02:11:44 2021
    On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 9:43:14 AM UTC+1, krquet wrote:
    On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 8:16:20 AM UTC+6, alvey wrote:
    Mitchell Starc check list:

Most Wides - check
    Most No-balls - check

oty Chux

alvey
    My observations:

I held out longest against this format of Cricket for as long as I could; but this format is maturing and I can see myself taking T20 seriously. Maybe. I enjoyed this match. A historical first win for Bangladesh against the Aussies.

It seemed the Aussies had only one gear and no plan B. They truly expected Bangladesh to just roll over. A bit much arrogance. Then again, maybe that's the Aussie MO and I'm mistaking confidence for arrogance.

Local media has been blasting the visitors for making unreasonable demands upon the hosts. Bangladesh had to accommodate all their demands. I actually didn't find the demands all that unreasonable (hosts had to provide an entire five star hotel for the
    visitors disposal), considering the current situation in Bangladesh right now. I think Australians have the same expectations of high standards and safety concerns from their own board and spectators. It's a miracle that they're even touring.

I just read that england have just cancelled their tour of bangle for sept/oct intended as a warmup for the
    WC t20. well its posponed for 18 months. is cvid v bad in bdesh, cos uk seems to have 21k pd, although
    its going down they say, and bdesh has 15k [with over 3x the population cp to uk], so maybe it was the
    bangles who didnt want the hassle of an england tour.

mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From krquet@21:1/5 to alvey on Wed Aug 4 01:43:12 2021

Most Wides - check
    Most No-balls - check

oty Chux

alvey

My observations:

I held out longest against this format of Cricket for as long as I could; but this format is maturing and I can see myself taking T20 seriously. Maybe. I enjoyed this match. A historical first win for Bangladesh against the Aussies.

It seemed the Aussies had only one gear and no plan B. They truly expected Bangladesh to just roll over. A bit much arrogance. Then again, maybe that's the Aussie MO and I'm mistaking confidence for arrogance.

Local media has been blasting the visitors for making unreasonable demands upon the hosts. Bangladesh had to accommodate all their demands. I actually didn't find the demands all that unreasonable (hosts had to provide an entire five star hotel for the
    visitors disposal), considering the current situation in Bangladesh right now. I think Australians have the same expectations of high standards and safety concerns from their own board and spectators. It's a miracle that they're even touring.

Many star players from both teams were MIA. Empty stadium, but the local coverage had fake spectator noise added in to the broadcast. I'm told Australia couldn't secure a broadcasting right to this series; too bad as it was quite entertaining.

I'm actually more curious about the next game, scheduled today. Australians are a competitive race. I don't think they respect anyone who doesn't fight back. India had to thrash them several times before they learned to take India seriously. Surely
    Australians would expect their team to bounce back today, or show up with a different plan. That's the part I'm curious about most: what did they learn and how did they improve their game plan. I grew up in AZ and Phoenix Suns was my team. At the NBA
    final, Suns were up by 2 out of 7 games. Bucks figured out their weakness, and changed their strategy. Rest is history. Maybe we too can learn from the Aussies and the rest on how to rethink strategies on the move.

Bonus: Quantas is enjoying their 100 years as a company this year and I'm told this is their first official flight to Bangladesh. I loved the short amateur video posted on YouTube on the arrival of the Aussie team onboard of Quantas. I think some of you
    will enjoy this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9N_7Lf_m_I

aA..
    hl&yM...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From krquet@21:1/5 to mike on Wed Aug 4 03:30:07 2021
    On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 3:11:45 PM UTC+6, mike wrote:
    On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 9:43:14 AM UTC+1, krquet wrote:

Most Wides - check
    Most No-balls - check

oty Chux

alvey
    My observations:

Local media has been blasting the visitors for making unreasonable demands upon the hosts. Bangladesh had to accommodate all their demands. I actually didn't find the demands all that unreasonable (hosts had to provide an entire five star hotel for
    the visitors disposal), considering the current situation in Bangladesh right now. I think Australians have the same expectations of high standards and safety concerns from their own board and spectators. It's a miracle that they're even touring.
    I just read that england have just cancelled their tour of bangle for sept/oct intended as a warmup for the
    WC t20. well its posponed for 18 months. is cvid v bad in bdesh, cos uk seems to have 21k pd, although
    its going down they say, and bdesh has 15k [with over 3x the population cp to uk], so maybe it was the
    bangles who didnt want the hassle of an england tour.

mike

Covid situation is pretty dire at the moment in Bangladesh. Given the size of our population and reluctancy from all quarters to act responsibly; things could've been worse though. Thank you to USA, Japan and India etc. for their generosity with vaccines
    and medical supplies.

Bangladesh is genuinely upset that the ECB has pulled out. The reason behind the abrupt move is more because ECB wanted its players to participate in the IPL to be held in the UAE this year. The T20 world cup is also tipped to be held in the UAE, so I
    suppose that makes sense. Also, I'm sure the players like the IPL money.

However, having watched a few IPLs and the likes, I have a theory that it's not at all a good indicator of a player's real strengths (or perceived weaknesses) in the international matches. ECB would've done better to compete with an actual subcontinental
    team as practice opportunity before the WCT20.

On a sillier note, I remember they did well by playing Bangladesh just before famously regaining the Ashes in 2005. I maintain that England should play Bangladesh often, if not for practice matches, before the Ashes. Either way, I miss Flintoff and KP.

Good to hear from you Mike.

Be safe and well, everyone.
    aA...
    hl&yM..

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05