• Re: My new Golden Eagle Carbine Hawk

From Sir Daniel Fortesque@21:1/5 to Michael Picou on Tue Mar 14 21:54:36 2023
    On Monday, August 21, 1995 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Michael Picou wrote:
    Hey there everyone... You may remember back 3 or 4 weeks ago, I posted about getting a new bow. It is a Golden Eagle Carbine Hawk. I have been shooting it ever since I brought it home and I love the bow. I have changed arrows since I forst brought it home, and done a few other things to it. I wanted to give the promised report of my bow's speed and ask a few questions.
    I started with 2114 shafts at 24 inches and have changed to 2013s. I like them much better. Well, I took it in and crono'ed it when I picked up my new arrows. My forst shot was 219fps, second was 220fps and third was 221fps. The
    AMO for my bow is 228fps, so I am close already, and I have 9 pounds left till
    I peak it out. I have it set at 61 pounds shooting a ~330 grain arrow. That puts me at roughly 5.4 grains per pound.
    Does anyone have any input on the grains per pound importance for shooting
    an overdraw. All I read was arrows shorter than 28 inches can go below the recomended grains per pound. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't AMO 6 g/lb and IBO 5 g/lb?
    To take up for the lighter arrow, I put one of those hydrolic stablizers on and it has made a tremendous difference in bow noise. Of course, I put it on at the same time I changed arrows, but I wouldn't imagine a lighter arrow obsorbing more vibration and rattle.
    Last question... How does the speed of my bow compare in general. Is 220fps very fast? (In comparrison to average)
    The specs on my bow again are:
    35.5 inch axle length
    55 - 70 lbs set at 61 lbs
    27" - 31" draw set at 27" with 3" overdraw
    3 lbs 15 oz
    24" Easton XX75 2013 with 4" feathers and 90 grain tip
    shooting 220fps avg
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Cool. A convo from 1995...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)