• Brooklyn Cyclones (NY METS CLASS A): Bklyn Gets Its Very Own Minor

From darrint68@aol.com@21:1/5 to Doug Norris on Wed Oct 18 18:20:52 2017
    On Monday, June 4, 2001 at 1:40:05 PM UTC-7, Doug Norris wrote:
    darrint68@aol.com (DarrinT68) writes:

JOEY RAMONE (THE RAMONES, born JEFFREY HYMAN, Queens, NY) is credited with >having started PUNK ROCK!

Credited by whom, other than yourself?

Doug

Credited by The Clash & The Sex Pistols - both of whom cite The Ramones & The New York Dolls as major influences. Unless of course, you know more than them, Mr. Musically Challenged who had to Google "Judy Is a Punk?" eh First came The Ramones, then came
    everyone else. Their signature time beat is universally acknowledged as the blueprint sound for a specific genre in rock music - ie. punk. The same way Eddie Van Halen revolutionized the guitar. The same way Nirvana ushered in a new sound in Rock.
    Remember, punk was born in Queens, Rap & Hip-Hop in Da Bronx, Disco in Brooklyn, and Metal in Rochester. Even the term "Big Apple" refers to Jazz players in Manhattan. eh We basically have the music market cornered too! eh How do you like them Big Apples,
    putz & guggles? ehe -D, "It's not far, not hard to reach, we can hitch a ride to Rockaway Beach" - RAMONES (Joey Ramone, b. Jeffrey Hyman, umpteenth sweet, Jewish NYer).."Well New York City really has it all..oh yeah...Sheena is a Punk Rocker" - IBID.."
    What I took back because of my exposure to the Jewish music of the 30s & 40s in my upbringing with my father, was that kind of theatrical songwriting. It was always part of my character. The desire to make people laugh" - PETE TOWNSHEND.."The most
    popular-selling Christmas song, "White Christmas," was written by a Jew" - IRVING BERLIN.."In New York, even if you're Catholic, you're Jewish. If you live in Butte, Montana, you're going to be oyish even if you're Jewish" eh - LENNY BRUCE (b. Leonard
    Alfred Schneider, umpteenth sweet, Jewish NYer).."I've always been proud of being Jewish. If you're a good enough pitcher, they don't care if you're a Martian." eh - STEVE STONE.."There was added pressure being Jewish. How could you get up to home plate
    every day and have some son of a bitch call you a Jew bastard..and a kike & sheenie, and get on your ass without feeling the pressure. If the ballplayers weren't doing it, the fans were. I used to get frustrated as hell. Sometimes I wanted to go in the
    stands and beat the shit out of them" - HAMMERING HANK GREENBERG

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)