• What is best computer simulation game?

From Ricky Weaver@21:1/5 to Michael Cieslinski on Sat Sep 4 12:01:59 2021
    On Sunday, August 31, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Michael Cieslinski wrote:
    In article <19970831043...@ladder02.news.aol.com>,
    camin...@aol.com (Caminante1) wrote:
    Reality in baseball is depressing me, so I am thinking of returning to fantasy baseball. I am looking for the best computer baseball game. I
    used to play the Pursue the Pennant board game. I'd like a game just like that on a computer. Graphics are unimportant to me. I need a game that
    will quickly play and manage games reasonably well. A game that will keep track of all the statistics. Please give me your recomendations. I have Windows 95 and a fast computer.

Your ship has come in. DYNASTY League Baseball is exactly what you are looking for. The following review appeared in the Milwaukee Journal on
    June 19, 1997. More information can be found at http://www.designdepot.com The following is an excerpt from Michael Baumanšs column in the Milwaukee Journal:
    This Dynasty has everything, and then some
    June 19, 1997 Michael Bauman Milwaukee Journal
    For the full column visit:
    http://www.onwis.com/sports/brew/thu/baum61997.stm
    For those of us who can never stop replaying the 1982 World Series,
    there may be a solution: Dynasty League Baseball.
    In the spirit of interleague play, we sat down recently with the creator
    of this game, Michael Cieslinski, formerly of Brookfield. Cieslinski has relocated to
    Florida, undoubtedly in search of better baseball weather, but during a recent visit he was happy to preside over a rematch between the '82
    Brewers and Cardinals.
    Cieslinski, 38, is a professional in this endeavor. He previously
    developed the board game Pursue the Pennant, which was an amazingly
    lifelike representation of baseball. Dynasty League Baseball, which is available as both a board game and a computer game, is even better. Cieslinski works from a data base that the Internal Revenue Service would envy.
    It is one thing to have variables on all the basics -- hitting, pitching, fielding. It is another to have range, clutch hitting, injury frequency.
    It is still another to have weather conditions, umpiring tendencies, team chemistry.
    Win or lose, this is a terrific game. Cieslinski has done what he set out
    to do,
    which was to develop a game that somehow incorporates the multitude of nuances
    that baseball contains. You know when the starting pitcher tires. You know which
    hitters can be counted upon to move the runner and which cannot. You even know
    which players can be counted upon to break up that double play through
    sheer hustle.
    ... continued

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Ricky Weaver@21:1/5 to Rob Weaver on Sat Sep 4 12:02:48 2021
    On Tuesday, September 2, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Rob Weaver wrote:
    As far as I know, Dynasty doesn't even offer a computer manager!
    How anyone can purchase a baseball game without this feature is beyond
    me! Get either Diamond Mind Baseball or Strat-O-Matic. DM has the best computer manager, Strat has more features and graphics. Regards

If you liked Pursue the Pennant, go with Diamond Mind Baseball, because
    that is what Pursue the Pennant is called now (it changed its name a couple of years ago). It definitely doesn't have the graphics (it's mostly text), but it seems to be the most accurate simulation I've played.
    Rob Weaver

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)