• Where are they now? Ian Gregory, Anthony Curci, Brooke Vandi, George Ro

From hoog309@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Nov 22 16:13:04 2015
    Ian Gregory passed away in Florida 2000

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From i.brucepaine@gmail.com@21:1/5 to hoo...@gmail.com on Sun Nov 12 01:44:23 2017
    Hi,

I'm an extremely tall guy who while at a private school in Goleta (Santa Barbara) in 1963-1965 was personally coached by Ian Gregory if he is/was the same guy!

Not only was he my basketball coach but he was a counselor who took us kids on road trips into the mountains a few hours away to go sledding in the snow during the winter!

Ian told us that his other job was as a male nurse in Los Angeles to Grouch Marx!

He wore a zip-up sweatshirt that said Olympics on it and I wondered in what fashion he participated in any Olympic sport (basketball, volleyball?).

I would be interested in knowing more about his life, like where he was born, where he grew up, what sports he was involved in and when, was he ever married or had children, where his remains are interned, that kind of thing.

When he first met me I was 5'4" tall at age 13 but when I left the school there at age 15, I was 6'10" and never saw him again but I transformed from a person who never played sports and was a bad student (lots of Ds and Fs in school up to the 9th grade)
    to becoming an athlete and a serious student all because of the dedicated attention he gave me during that last year I was at that school!

If you don't know much more than what's been written about him in this group, I'd be interested in contacting Dave Paletz, Sinjin’ Smith, Bruk Vandeweghe,
    Chris Young, Dain Blanton.

Thank you, very much.

Bruce Paine

On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 7:13:05 PM UTC-5, hoo...@gmail.com wrote:
    Ian Gregory passed away in Florida 2000

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)