• Getting booster, think twice

From Irving S@21:1/5 to All on Sun Aug 14 21:15:34 2022
    Look, I am a believer in freedom. Boost yourself every week if you want.

But there is enough out there, if you do not at least question, you are a world class clod.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/09/13/scientific-evidence-doesnt-back-booster-covid-shots-researchers-warn---even-for-the-delta-variant/?sh=5b92c8d67ff6

Of course, this is all BS. I get it. If the govt, and Hollywood, and Big Pharma says to boost, well they gotta be right. Anything to the contrary is conspiracy hogwash. I get it. But I don't live in your sick world of denial, so I raise my middle
    finger and say "fuck off" while so many of you compliant virtue signaling dumbells will come back for more. Go for it, I do support your right to choose!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From -hh@21:1/5 to Irving S on Mon Aug 15 05:55:40 2022
    On Monday, August 15, 2022 at 12:15:35 AM UTC-4, Irving S wrote:

But there is enough out there, if you do not at least question, you are a world class clod.

<https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/09/13/scientific-evidence-doesnt-back-booster-covid-shots-researchers-warn---even-for-the-delta-variant/?sh=5b92c8d67ff6>

Looks like someone didn't read their cite before posting it. The 2021 report said a few things
    for why they were supportive of the vaccine, but not for boosters for the _general_ population
    at that time, in no small part because getting vaccinations out to people who hadn't received
    any is more beneficial than giving boosters to those who already had the shot: this is a
    resource inequity between wealthy nations vs poor nations. Similarly, they were concerned
    about the indirect metric being used for the 'waning', and that even if wasn't incorrect, the
    mere mention of it could reduce the public acceptance of general vaccine effectiveness,
    which was undesirable.

TL;DR: vaccines good, but boosters for the wealthy before initial for the poor = bad.

-hh

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Irving S@21:1/5 to -hh on Mon Aug 15 13:31:34 2022
    On Monday, August 15, 2022 at 8:55:42 AM UTC-4, -hh wrote:

<https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/09/13/scientific-evidence-doesnt-back-booster-covid-shots-researchers-warn---even-for-the-delta-variant/?sh=5b92c8d67ff6>
    Looks like someone didn't read their cite before posting it. The 2021 report said a few things
    for why they were supportive of the vaccine, but not for boosters for the _general_ population
    at that time, in no small part because getting vaccinations out to people who hadn't received
    any is more beneficial than giving boosters to those who already had the shot: this is a
    resource inequity between wealthy nations vs poor nations. Similarly, they were concerned
    about the indirect metric being used for the 'waning', and that even if wasn't incorrect, the
    mere mention of it could reduce the public acceptance of general vaccine effectiveness,
    which was undesirable.

TL;DR: vaccines good, but boosters for the wealthy before initial for the poor = bad.

-hh

Oh. here we go again with the income inequlity crap.
    If you asked every american to list their 10 top issues, income inequality would be non existant. most of us could care less. There will always be haves and have nots. That is live.

SInce the beginning of man there was income inequality, to the day of our demise, there will be income inequality. Most folks i know work hard, went to school and got educated, pay their taxes. Have every right to enjoy their lives without guilt, that
    others have less. most who have less have themselves to blame. And life is not fair, most of us have better things to do the fix the playing field. Life is not fair indeed. The other day I hit a drive down the middle, it hit a tractor that was
    parked for some irrigation work, my ball deflected into the rough. A probable par became a six. What is fair about that? Such is life.

If you really cared so much about this issue, you would not be discussing it here. A place where no one visits, except for some enlightened conservatives and a few nutjob lefties. Love the way lefties whine and whine , yet seem to do so little other
    than whining.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From -hh@21:1/5 to Irving S on Mon Aug 15 14:29:10 2022
    On Monday, August 15, 2022 at 4:31:35 PM UTC-4, Irving S wrote:

which was undesirable.

Oh. here we go again with the income inequlity crap.

It was what your cite called out, cowboy.
    As I said, you obviously didn’t read your own cite.

-hh

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Irving S on Mon Aug 15 17:06:28 2022
    On 2022-08-15 13:31, Irving S wrote:
    Look, I am a believer in freedom. Boost yourself every week if
    you want.

But there is enough out there, if you do not at least question,
    you are a world class clod.

Looks like someone didn't read their cite before posting it. The 2021
    report said a few things
    for why they were supportive of the vaccine, but not for boosters
    for the _general_ population at that time, in no small part because
    getting vaccinations out to people who hadn't received any is more
    beneficial than giving boosters to those who already had the shot:
    this is a resource inequity between wealthy nations vs poor
    nations. Similarly, they were concerned about the indirect metric
    being used for the 'waning', and that even if wasn't incorrect,
    the mere mention of it could reduce the public acceptance of
    general vaccine effectiveness, which was undesirable.

TL;DR: vaccines good, but boosters for the wealthy before initial
    for the poor = bad.

-hh

Oh. here we go again with the income inequlity crap. If you asked
    every american to list their 10 top issues, income inequality would
    be non existant. most of us could care less. There will always be
    haves and have nots. That is live.

SInce the beginning of man there was income inequality, to the day of
    our demise, there will be income inequality. Most folks i know work
    hard, went to school and got educated, pay their taxes. Have every
    right to enjoy their lives without guilt, that others have less.
    most who have less have themselves to blame. And life is not fair,
    most of us have better things to do the fix the playing field. Life
    is not fair indeed. The other day I hit a drive down the middle, it
    hit a tractor that was parked for some irrigation work, my ball
    deflected into the rough. A probable par became a six. What is fair
    about that? Such is life.

If you really cared so much about this issue, you would not be
    discussing it here. A place where no one visits, except for some
    enlightened conservatives and a few nutjob lefties. Love the way
    lefties whine and whine , yet seem to do so little other than
    whining.

False dichotomy.

Discussing it here doesn't mean he's not discussing it elsewhere.

And he wasn't really discussing it so much as explaining a reality about
    the availability of boosters versus getting initial vaccinations to
    those who can't afford them.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05