• LIV golf

From Irving S@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 18 14:25:31 2022
    Kudos to those golfers giving the finger to the PGA, and moving on. The upfront money and the prize money down the road are amazing. How dare anyone condemn these folks for looking after themselves.

If I worked for a company, and the Saudis bought a competitor and offered me double or more, I would jump in a heartbeat. And so would mostly anyone. This country is not exactly the epitome of virtue. Don't pass judgement until you have been in a
    position like this. Money is money. It is not being stolen, it is being rewarded to top golfers looking for a new opportunity. I wish this new golf tour all the luck, and will look forward to many more golfers jumping the ship.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Irving S@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 21 06:51:15 2022
    Watched several hours this weekend on Youtube. The coverage was great, as was the level of play. Rich Harvest Farms is one gorgeous course, and it presented well on TV.

This league will get bigger and bigger with time. I congratulate all those who gave the PGA the middle finger. I predict many more big names to join LIV next year.

And to all the sanctimonious assholes that say they are selling out for dollars, well why the hell not. Let's say you had a job with an employer and the Saudis opened up a competing business in town, and offered you a HUGE employment bonus and a huge
    raise in pay. I would jump in a minute, and most everyone would. Greed is good, we have to look after our well being first, and if someone is willing to reward us greatly for our talents and efforts,, why not. Where is all the condemnation for the
    NBA? Where is all the condemnation of all those US companies that do business with the Chinese,, Saudis, and a host of questionable rogue governments? Pure hypocracy, all of it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From TomS@21:1/5 to Irving S on Wed Sep 21 20:41:22 2022
    On Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 6:51:17 AM UTC-7, Irving S wrote:
    Watched several hours this weekend on Youtube. The coverage was great, as was the level of play. Rich Harvest Farms is one gorgeous course, and it presented well on TV.

This league will get bigger and bigger with time. I congratulate all those who gave the PGA the middle finger. I predict many more big names to join LIV next year.

And to all the sanctimonious assholes that say they are selling out for dollars, well why the hell not. Let's say you had a job with an employer and the Saudis opened up a competing business in town, and offered you a HUGE employment bonus and a huge
    raise in pay. I would jump in a minute, and most everyone would. Greed is good, we have to look after our well being first, and if someone is willing to reward us greatly for our talents and efforts,, why not. Where is all the condemnation for the NBA?
    Where is all the condemnation of all those US companies that do business with the Chinese,, Saudis, and a host of questionable rogue governments? Pure hypocracy, all of it.

These same sanctimonious assholes have no problem with Russel Wilson getting TWO HUNDRED FORTY MILLION DOLLARS to play a few more years of football. Bottom line: competition is good, but NONE of the networks will carry LIV for fear of being black-balled
    by the PGA. What they are doing is clearly violating anti-trust laws.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Irving S@21:1/5 to TomS on Thu Sep 22 11:57:51 2022
    On Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 11:41:24 PM UTC-4, TomS wrote:
    On Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 6:51:17 AM UTC-7, Irving S wrote:

raise in pay. I would jump in a minute, and most everyone would. Greed is good, we have to look after our well being first, and if someone is willing to reward us greatly for our talents and efforts,, why not. Where is all the condemnation for the NBA?
    Where is all the condemnation of all those US companies that do business with the Chinese,, Saudis, and a host of questionable rogue governments? Pure hypocracy, all of it.
    These same sanctimonious assholes have no problem with Russel Wilson getting TWO HUNDRED FORTY MILLION DOLLARS to play a few more years of football. Bottom line: competition is good, but NONE of the networks will carry LIV for fear of being black-
    balled by the PGA. What they are doing is clearly violating anti-trust laws.

Agreed 100%!!! Already, LIV has had a huge impact on the game, with the PGA making concessions with purses. There will be more concessions to be made as more players jump, and my prediction is that the courts will show anti-trust violations. In the
    end, we may see some type of hybrid arrangement, where players play the events they want. Whomever offers the best venues with most dollars will win, that is the way it should be.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05