• Bourbon and Ribs Scramble

From Irving S@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 13 13:58:21 2022
    We are having this great tourney at my club this Saturday. It sounds fun as hell, but I am a bit worried.

Basically, every 3 holes you will do a shot of Bourbon. And at the end of the outing, they are having several venders there, for an hour of Bourbon tasting. Then ribs to follow on the patio of our clubhouse, overlooking the 18th hole.

Not a Bourbon drinker, got no idea what to expect. Hope I can finish my round. Good news is the wife will drop me off and pick me up, who needs a DUI or even any chance of an accident. Better to be safe.

Wish me well my friends. IF you do not hear from me after Saturday, I died from alcohol poisoning. Maybe for some of you that would be a good thing, hey whatever. I speak my mind, you don't like it, just fuck off

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Tom Elam@21:1/5 to Irving S on Fri Jul 15 06:24:53 2022
    On Wednesday, July 13, 2022 at 4:58:23 PM UTC-4, Irving S wrote:
    We are having this great tourney at my club this Saturday. It sounds fun as hell, but I am a bit worried.

Basically, every 3 holes you will do a shot of Bourbon. And at the end of the outing, they are having several venders there, for an hour of Bourbon tasting. Then ribs to follow on the patio of our clubhouse, overlooking the 18th hole.

Not a Bourbon drinker, got no idea what to expect. Hope I can finish my round. Good news is the wife will drop me off and pick me up, who needs a DUI or even any chance of an accident. Better to be safe.

Wish me well my friends. IF you do not hear from me after Saturday, I died from alcohol poisoning. Maybe for some of you that would be a good thing, hey whatever. I speak my mind, you don't like it, just fuck off

6 shots over 4 hours will not kill you. It will hurt your game.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Tom Elam on Fri Jul 15 10:10:42 2022
    On 2022-07-15 06:24, Tom Elam wrote:

Drinking at that pace would definitely hurt my game.

My brother used that many times to his advantage when I'd be up at the
    turn...

...and he would then buy us both a couple of beers.

Sadly for me, his capacity for alcohol exceeded mine.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bruce bowser@21:1/5 to thomas...@gmail.com on Sat Jul 16 09:16:13 2022
    On Friday, July 15, 2022 at 9:24:54 AM UTC-4, thomas...@gmail.com wrote:

We are not exactly doctors are we?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Irving S@21:1/5 to bruce bowser on Sat Jul 16 14:33:15 2022
    On Saturday, July 16, 2022 at 12:16:14 PM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:

It was a great day. We had 72 players, it was a scramble, shot gun start. My team finished out of the money, but it was fun never the less.

Not a Bourbon drinker at all, but the shots every 3 holes were pretty benign. Caught a bit of a buzz, not really enough to affect my game. Afterwards, they had some venders providing some free tasting, and after about five more shots I was pretty well
    gone. I was seeing things. I saw our favorite old troll with a wife and three kids, and a college degree hanging over the fireplace. I saw a full head of hair. Yes indeed, the bourbon is some good shit.

After the tasting, we had ribs, brisket, and potato salad an then an awards presentation, no awards for me, but I won just being there and being lucky enough to be a member of a club this great. Home now, just chilling, still got a bit of a buzz, but I
    am back to reality. No wife or kids for the old troll, no college degree, a ridiculous combover, wow talk about a hallucination.

Turnout was so good, our pro said we would do another event like this in the fall. I am all in! Might even buy me a bottle of bourbon, they had this one brand, it had honey added. Very smooth!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From -hh@21:1/5 to Irving S on Sun Jul 17 02:54:00 2022
    On Saturday, July 16, 2022 at 5:33:16 PM UTC-4, Irving S wrote:
    Not a Bourbon drinker at all, but the shots every 3 holes were pretty benign. Caught a bit of a buzz, not
    really enough to affect my game. Afterwards, they had some venders providing some free tasting, ...'

Curious as to what they were pouring, both on the course and what the vendors had.

Might even buy me a bottle of bourbon, they had this one brand, it had honey added. Very smooth!

Jim Beam has one in their portfolio, but I'd be reluctant to recommend that brand due to some of their
    current business practices...the old man retired a few years ago and the generation running the company
    now I understand leaves some things to be desired in terms of integrity.

-hh

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bigbird@21:1/5 to bruce bowser on Sun Jul 17 11:17:19 2022
    bruce bowser wrote:

On Friday, July 15, 2022 at 9:24:54 AM UTC-4, thomas...@gmail.com
    wrote:

...and it's not like making a fool of himself has ever bothered him.

What!? Even after two years of pandemic...

--
    Bozo Bin
    Alan Baker
    Texasgate

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tom Elam@21:1/5 to bruce bowser on Mon Jul 18 06:11:21 2022
    On Saturday, July 16, 2022 at 12:16:14 PM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:

But we are very experienced golfers and drinkers!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05