• Supreme Court strikes down NY's unconstitutionally restrictive gun law

From TomS@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jun 23 08:00:56 2022
    ...requiring applicants to prove that they have a need for self-protection that exceeds that of the general population. Given the runaway crime in NY that is an impossibly high bar to clear.
    https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/20-843_7j80.pdf

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Irving S@21:1/5 to TomS on Thu Jun 23 13:00:27 2022
    On Thursday, June 23, 2022 at 11:00:59 AM UTC-4, TomS wrote:
    ...requiring applicants to prove that they have a need for self-protection that exceeds that of the general population. Given the runaway crime in NY that is an impossibly high bar to clear.

LOL!

This has been all over the news Peckerhead. What are you telling us that is not already on the news everywhere. Do you need attention that bad?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From TomS@21:1/5 to Irving S on Thu Jun 23 13:52:21 2022
    On Thursday, June 23, 2022 at 2:00:29 PM UTC-6, Irving S wrote:
    LOL!

This has been all over the news Peckerhead. What are you telling us that is not already on the news everywhere. Do you need attention that bad?

No, do you?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Irving S@21:1/5 to TomS on Fri Jun 24 11:40:55 2022
    On Thursday, June 23, 2022 at 4:52:24 PM UTC-4, TomS wrote:
    On Thursday, June 23, 2022 at 2:00:29 PM UTC-6, Irving S wrote:
    LOL!

No, do you?

Little runt, I could care less about attention. I come here for entertainment, and reading your posts, and watching you fail in defending your points, is BEYOND entertaining. You get an A for comical content.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bigbird@21:1/5 to TomS on Fri Jun 24 18:48:51 2022
    TomS wrote:

...requiring applicants to prove that they have a need for
    self-protection that exceeds that of the general population. Given
    the runaway crime in NY that is an impossibly high bar to clear.

To stupid to realise that allowing everyone to carry guns is why you
    feel the need to carry a gun.

You truly are just a low intelligence, demented old fart, Boo Hoo.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From -hh@21:1/5 to Bigbird on Mon Jun 27 04:33:54 2022
    On Friday, June 24, 2022 at 2:48:53 PM UTC-4, Bigbird wrote:
    TomS wrote:

Too stupid to realise that allowing everyone to carry guns is why you

I've not read too deeply on the NY ruling, although the above is a good
    point too. One of the problems that some local gun laws have had is
    that they were conveniently vague on certain standards which resulted
    in them more becoming a question of if the applicant were politically
    connected more than if they had merit: far too often, we see instances
    of these "rules for thee, not for me", and on that basis, such stuff should
    be struck down.

But the topic of 'trustworthiness' is a hard one to gage, so the status quo which is more qualitative instead of quantitative is convenient/lazy...
    even though it can be more reliable/accurate at times. But because the
    law is supposed to treat us all as equals, "convenience" isn't an adequate justification for not writing concise, legally enforceable regulations.

-hh

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Irving S@21:1/5 to -hh on Mon Jun 27 13:51:19 2022
    On Monday, June 27, 2022 at 7:33:57 AM UTC-4, -hh wrote:
    TomS wrote:
    ...requiring applicants to prove that they have a need for self-protection that exceeds that of the general population. Given

I've not read too deeply on the NY ruling, although the above is a good point too. One of the problems that some local gun laws have had is
    in them more becoming a question of if the applicant were politically connected more than if they had merit: far too often, we see instances
    of these "rules for thee, not for me", and on that basis, such stuff should be struck down.

But the topic of 'trustworthiness' is a hard one to gage, so the status quo which is more qualitative instead of quantitative is convenient/lazy...
    law is supposed to treat us all as equals, "convenience" isn't an adequate justification for not writing concise, legally enforceable regulations.

-hh

The NY decision was a good one. You poor Bozos to the left, what a beating you have had the last two weeks. BOO HOO HOO. Get used to i.

It is very interesting, I live in an area where we are all heavily armed. I own a shotgun and 4 handguns. Hope to never use it. We have very little crime, and we never have any riots. NONE. Not one fucking riot!!!! Because these savages know that
    if they start with us. the shots will be returned. We do not want violence, would avoid it at all costs, but we WILL fight back. Unlike these pussy blue cities and states where crime is rampant, rioters perform at will, and the citizens sit back with
    their fingers up their asses doing nothing. You all sit back and do nothing, your DAs do nothing, and your police are afraid to do anything.

Criminals can get guns anytime they want. The guns do not shoot themselves, criminals shoot it. Any and all gun laws that have been passed and will be passed are just lip service. We need the 2nd amendment to protect us against criminal scumbags,
    rioting scumbags, and a govt all to willing to take our rights away.

Get used to it. No one is taking our guns away. Try it, see what the response will be.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Irving S on Mon Jun 27 13:56:48 2022
    On 2022-06-27 13:51, Irving S wrote:
    TomS wrote:

I've not read too deeply on the NY ruling, although the above is a good
    point too. One of the problems that some local gun laws have had is
    of these "rules for thee, not for me", and on that basis, such stuff should >> be struck down.

But the topic of 'trustworthiness' is a hard one to gage, so the status quo >> which is more qualitative instead of quantitative is convenient/lazy...
    law is supposed to treat us all as equals, "convenience" isn't an adequate >> justification for not writing concise, legally enforceable regulations.

-hh

The NY decision was a good one. You poor Bozos to the left, what a beating you have had the last two weeks. BOO HOO HOO. Get used to i.

It is very interesting, I live in an area where we are all heavily armed. I own a shotgun and 4 handguns. Hope to never use it. We have very little crime, and we never have any riots. NONE. Not one fucking riot!!!! Because these savages know that
    if they start with us. the shots will be returned. We do not want violence, would avoid it at all costs, but we WILL fight back. Unlike these pussy blue cities and states where crime is rampant, rioters perform at will, and the citizens sit back with
    their fingers up their asses doing nothing. You all sit back and do nothing, your DAs do nothing, and your police are afraid to do anything.

Criminals can get guns anytime they want. The guns do not shoot themselves, criminals shoot it. Any and all gun laws that have been passed and will be passed are just lip service. We need the 2nd amendment to protect us against criminal scumbags,

Get used to it. No one is taking our guns away. Try it, see what the response will be.

You really don't want to look too closely at which states have the most firearms deaths per capita...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Irving S@21:1/5 to Alan on Mon Jun 27 14:04:33 2022
    On Monday, June 27, 2022 at 4:56:51 PM UTC-4, Alan wrote:
    TomS wrote:

Too stupid to realise that allowing everyone to carry guns is why you >>> feel the need to carry a gun.

I've not read too deeply on the NY ruling, although the above is a good >> point too. One of the problems that some local gun laws have had is
    be struck down.

But the topic of 'trustworthiness' is a hard one to gage, so the status quo
    which is more qualitative instead of quantitative is convenient/lazy... >> even though it can be more reliable/accurate at times. But because the
    law is supposed to treat us all as equals, "convenience" isn't an adequate
    justification for not writing concise, legally enforceable regulations. >>

-hh

It is very interesting, I live in an area where we are all heavily armed. I own a shotgun and 4 handguns. Hope to never use it. We have very little crime, and we never have any riots. NONE. Not one fucking riot!!!! Because these savages know that if
    they start with us. the shots will be returned. We do not want violence, would avoid it at all costs, but we WILL fight back. Unlike these pussy blue cities and states where crime is rampant, rioters perform at will, and the citizens sit back with their
    fingers up their asses doing nothing. You all sit back and do nothing, your DAs do nothing, and your police are afraid to do anything.

You really don't want to look too closely at which states have the most firearms deaths per capita...

Wow, look what the wind blew in. Responded within minutes. Welcome aboard you silly old troll.

Could care less about your stats. Bottom line is NO ONE will take away our weapons, any attempt is just lip service. NRA member here and proud of it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Im posting another video. According to YouTube, processing the video
    has another 26 minutes to go (uploading having been completed some
    time
    ago). And whatever flaws there were in my first video, it doesn't
    attempt to obfuscate, nor is it fraudulent. It clearly showed me
    counting out Canadian currency which can't be faked with a scanner, or Photoshop." - Alan Baker

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Irving S@21:1/5 to Alan on Mon Jun 27 14:06:26 2022
    TomS wrote:

Too stupid to realise that allowing everyone to carry guns is why you >>> feel the need to carry a gun.

I've not read too deeply on the NY ruling, although the above is a good >> point too. One of the problems that some local gun laws have had is
    be struck down.

which is more qualitative instead of quantitative is convenient/lazy... >> even though it can be more reliable/accurate at times. But because the

-hh

It is very interesting, I live in an area where we are all heavily armed. I own a shotgun and 4 handguns. Hope to never use it. We have very little crime, and we never have any riots. NONE. Not one fucking riot!!!! Because these savages know that if
    they start with us. the shots will be returned. We do not want violence, would avoid it at all costs, but we WILL fight back. Unlike these pussy blue cities and states where crime is rampant, rioters perform at will, and the citizens sit back with their
    fingers up their asses doing nothing. You all sit back and do nothing, your DAs do nothing, and your police are afraid to do anything.

Instead of worrying about some stupid stats that won't change anyone's mind, why are you not on the wacing circuit.\? We love to hear your wacing reports!!!!!!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From -hh@21:1/5 to Alan on Mon Jun 27 14:31:26 2022
    TomS wrote:

be struck down.

-hh

Or how nearly half of guns used in crimes came from the underground economy, were
    stolen from owners who bragged about having guns.

Or how many rural areas have higher per capita rates of violence than many cities.

Of course it also goes without passing how I said that this overturned a bad law…because
    they didn’t understand the point of why it was bad.

In the meantime, a data analysis from Denmark, n= 1 million people:
    the risk of Alzheimer's after a SarsCov2 infection increased by 350%; Parkinson's +260%, stroke 270% and a +480% risk of bleeding in the brain.

-hh

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Irving S@21:1/5 to -hh on Mon Jun 27 14:37:19 2022
    On Monday, June 27, 2022 at 5:31:29 PM UTC-4, -hh wrote:
    TomS wrote:
    self-protection that exceeds that of the general population. Given >>>> the runaway crime in NY that is an impossibly high bar to clear.

that they were conveniently vague on certain standards which resulted >> in them more becoming a question of if the applicant were politically >> connected more than if they had merit: far too often, we see instances >> of these "rules for thee, not for me", and on that basis, such stuff should
    be struck down.

which is more qualitative instead of quantitative is convenient/lazy... >> even though it can be more reliable/accurate at times. But because the >> law is supposed to treat us all as equals, "convenience" isn't an adequate

-hh

Or how nearly half of guns used in crimes came from the underground economy, were

Or how many rural areas have higher per capita rates of violence than many cities.

Of course it also goes without passing how I said that this overturned a bad law…because

the risk of Alzheimer's after a SarsCov2 infection increased by 350%; Parkinson's +260%, stroke 270% and a +480% risk of bleeding in the brain.

-hh

LOL! Another clown surfaces. Truth be it the risks of getting these afflictions from Covid are so small, that these numbers are meaningless. If the risk if .00005%, then +350% is meaningless. Interesting, that when someone gets a complication from
    Covid, like you cite, it is always deemed true. Yet, when someone gets a complication from the toxic jab, it is conspiracy theory, we hear that correlation is not causation.

Live in your dreamworld Jersey Boy. There is a reason why so many people are giving the middle finger to future boosters, and many parents are not jabbing their kids. They are waking up. They are ignoring lies and stats that are coming from
    politicians and the medical establishment and BigPharma because they are all full of shit.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Irving S@21:1/5 to -hh on Mon Jun 27 15:09:43 2022
    TomS wrote:
    self-protection that exceeds that of the general population. Given >>>> the runaway crime in NY that is an impossibly high bar to clear.

that they were conveniently vague on certain standards which resulted >> in them more becoming a question of if the applicant were politically >> connected more than if they had merit: far too often, we see instances >> of these "rules for thee, not for me", and on that basis, such stuff should
    be struck down.

which is more qualitative instead of quantitative is convenient/lazy... >> even though it can be more reliable/accurate at times. But because the >> law is supposed to treat us all as equals, "convenience" isn't an adequate

-hh

-hh

I know little about all this medical stuff, so some quick research shows that these diseases or theirprogression may have been EXACERBATED by Covid, but not caused by Covid. One article showed no difference between the affects of Covid and the Flu on
    these disease processes. IF you have pre-existing condition or underlying medical conditions. ANY infection will exacerbate an underlying condition. There is no proof that Covid CAUSED these afflictions, one publication said if anything Covid played
    a small part, these medical conditions are part of a complex constellation of events. Correlation does not mean causation clownie, you surely know that.

I love the way the vaxed and the masked use statistics to further their cause. In their world, these stats are gospel. Show stats that are contrary to their beliefs, they are phony, they are conspiracy, there is an agenda, oh and all of a sudden
    correlation does not mean causation.

Dude, people are waking the hell up. Your stats are dog shit. The vax is dog shit, the masks are dog shit. Clsing all those stores, and businesses, and houses of worship was dog shit. They are tons of studies out there that say the exact opposite of
    what the vaxed and mask cult says. But you are all so invested in this, there is no talking to you. You took the jab, it sucks to know that maybe there will be short and long term side effects. Yes, it sucks. It sucks that each day more and more
    scientific peer reviewed data comes out that is contrary to your cult. Yes, it sucks. Remember twit, in many cases people freely walked in and rolled up their sleeves. Because they wanted to believe so bad. Well, there are consequences for being so
    naive. It just takes 5 minutes of internet surfing to make you want to question and scratch your head. You believe Fauci you twit, you believe the FDA you twit, you believe Biden and all those that said if you took the shot you could not get Covid.
    you believe all those Hollywood people and athletes you twit, well go ahead. Many of them were just reading off a script, they did not even understand the complexities of this all, just talking heads.

Hey twit, it is a free country. I support the right of anyone to be a guinea pig. Go for it. Just don't present stupid stats, and keep denying data that does not fit your narrative. I am sorry for all you vaxed morons that there is another narrative,
    you can deny and deny, and discredit the presenters. Live in your fucking dreamworld. The progressive left is one clusterfuck of a dreamworld, and the narrative you bow to is slowly falling apart. Love to see all these dysfunctional and unhinged
    behaviors on TV, great theater. What fucking dopes, and what a fucking beating you will take in the upcoming elections. You clowns better come up with a new pandemic or a believable false flag event soon, the clock is ticking.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Irving S on Mon Jun 27 18:44:27 2022
    On 2022-06-27 15:09, Irving S wrote:
    TomS wrote:
    self-protection that exceeds that of the general population. Given >>>>>>> the runaway crime in NY that is an impossibly high bar to clear.

Too stupid to realise that allowing everyone to carry guns is why you >>>>>> feel the need to carry a gun.

I've not read too deeply on the NY ruling, although the above is a good >>>>> point too. One of the problems that some local gun laws have had is
    that they were conveniently vague on certain standards which resulted >>>>> in them more becoming a question of if the applicant were politically >>>>> connected more than if they had merit: far too often, we see instances >>>>> of these "rules for thee, not for me", and on that basis, such stuff should
    be struck down.

which is more qualitative instead of quantitative is convenient/lazy... >>>>> even though it can be more reliable/accurate at times. But because the >>>>> law is supposed to treat us all as equals, "convenience" isn't an adequate
    justification for not writing concise, legally enforceable regulations. >>>>>

-hh

You really don't want to look too closely at which states have the most
    firearms deaths per capita...

the risk of Alzheimer's after a SarsCov2 infection increased by 350%;
    Parkinson's +260%, stroke 270% and a +480% risk of bleeding in the brain.

-hh

I know little about all this medical stuff,...

That is obvious.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From -hh@21:1/5 to Alan on Mon Jun 27 19:08:32 2022
    On Monday, June 27, 2022 at 9:44:29 PM UTC-4, Alan wrote:
    TomS wrote:
    self-protection that exceeds that of the general population. Given >>>>>>> the runaway crime in NY that is an impossibly high bar to clear. >>>>>>
    Too stupid to realise that allowing everyone to carry guns is why you >>>>>> feel the need to carry a gun.

You truly are just a low intelligence, demented old fart, Boo Hoo. >>>>> I've not read too deeply on the NY ruling, although the above is a good
    point too. One of the problems that some local gun laws have had is >>>>> that they were conveniently vague on certain standards which resulted >>>>> in them more becoming a question of if the applicant were politically >>>>> connected more than if they had merit: far too often, we see instances >>>>> of these "rules for thee, not for me", and on that basis, such stuff should
    be struck down.

which is more qualitative instead of quantitative is convenient/lazy...
    even though it can be more reliable/accurate at times. But because the >>>>> law is supposed to treat us all as equals, "convenience" isn't an adequate
    justification for not writing concise, legally enforceable regulations.

-hh

You really don't want to look too closely at which states have the most >>> firearms deaths per capita...

Parkinson's +260%, stroke 270% and a +480% risk of bleeding in the brain. >>
    -hh

That is obvious.

Painfully so. For example, Alzheimer's Risk frequency isn’t 00005%, but is 10% at
    age 65. As such, a 350% increase over 10% would be close to half of all retirees
    at their initial age for retirement.

-hh

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Irving S@21:1/5 to Alan on Tue Jun 28 10:42:49 2022
    TomS wrote:
    self-protection that exceeds that of the general population. Given >>>>>>> the runaway crime in NY that is an impossibly high bar to clear. >>>>>>

You truly are just a low intelligence, demented old fart, Boo Hoo. >>>>> I've not read too deeply on the NY ruling, although the above is a good
    point too. One of the problems that some local gun laws have had is >>>>> that they were conveniently vague on certain standards which resulted >>>>> in them more becoming a question of if the applicant were politically >>>>> connected more than if they had merit: far too often, we see instances >>>>> of these "rules for thee, not for me", and on that basis, such stuff should
    be struck down.

which is more qualitative instead of quantitative is convenient/lazy...
    even though it can be more reliable/accurate at times. But because the >>>>> law is supposed to treat us all as equals, "convenience" isn't an adequate
    justification for not writing concise, legally enforceable regulations.

-hh

You really don't want to look too closely at which states have the most >>> firearms deaths per capita...

Parkinson's +260%, stroke 270% and a +480% risk of bleeding in the brain. >>
    -hh

That is obvious.

I dont claim to be an expert about medical stuff, but I have one thing a lot of you lack, and that is common sense. And unlike you, having a college degree, I know how to look up things fast , and I learn fast. I have a daughter that is an ER RN, and
    she has seen dozens of people come in with jab related injuries. I talk to MDS who are members at my club. They talk freely there, unlike at work they have to stay on script. I know not to trust people that are full of shit. And everyone associated
    with this poison is full of shit. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Im posting another video. According to YouTube, processing the video
    has another 26 minutes to go (uploading having been completed some
    time
    ago). And whatever flaws there were in my first video, it doesn't
    attempt to obfuscate, nor is it fraudulent. It clearly showed me
    counting out Canadian currency which can't be faked with a scanner, or Photoshop." - Alan Baker

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Irving S on Tue Jun 28 12:10:42 2022
    On 2022-06-28 10:42, Irving S wrote:
    On Friday, June 24, 2022 at 2:48:53 PM UTC-4, Bigbird
    wrote:
    TomS wrote:
    ...requiring applicants to prove that they have a
    need for self-protection that exceeds that of the
    general population. Given the runaway crime in NY
    that is an impossibly high bar to clear.

Too stupid to realise that allowing everyone to carry
    guns is why you feel the need to carry a gun.

You truly are just a low intelligence, demented old
    fart, Boo Hoo.
    I've not read too deeply on the NY ruling, although the
    above is a good point too. One of the problems that some
    local gun laws have had is that they were conveniently
    vague on certain standards which resulted in them more
    becoming a question of if the applicant were politically
    connected more than if they had merit: far too often, we
    see instances of these "rules for thee, not for me", and
    on that basis, such stuff should be struck down.

But the topic of 'trustworthiness' is a hard one to gage,
    so the status quo which is more qualitative instead of
    quantitative is convenient/lazy... even though it can be
    more reliable/accurate at times. But because the law is
    supposed to treat us all as equals, "convenience" isn't
    an adequate justification for not writing concise,
    legally enforceable regulations.

-hh

The NY decision was a good one. You poor Bozos to the left,
    what a beating you have had the last two weeks. BOO HOO
    HOO. Get used to i.

It is very interesting, I live in an area where we are all
    heavily armed. I own a shotgun and 4 handguns. Hope to
    never use it. We have very little crime, and we never have
    any riots. NONE. Not one fucking riot!!!! Because these
    savages know that if they start with us. the shots will be
    returned. We do not want violence, would avoid it at all
    costs, but we WILL fight back. Unlike these pussy blue
    cities and states where crime is rampant, rioters perform
    at will, and the citizens sit back with their fingers up
    their asses doing nothing. You all sit back and do nothing,
    your DAs do nothing, and your police are afraid to do
    anything.

Criminals can get guns anytime they want. The guns do not
    shoot themselves, criminals shoot it. Any and all gun laws
    that have been passed and will be passed are just lip
    service. We need the 2nd amendment to protect us against
    criminal scumbags, rioting scumbags, and a govt all to
    willing to take our rights away.

Get used to it. No one is taking our guns away. Try it, see
    what the response will be.

You really don't want to look too closely at which states
    have the most firearms deaths per capita...
    Or how nearly half of guns used in crimes came from the
    underground economy, were stolen from owners who bragged about
    having guns.

Or how many rural areas have higher per capita rates of
    violence than many cities.

Of course it also goes without passing how I said that this
    overturned a bad law…because they didn’t understand the point
    of why it was bad.

In the meantime, a data analysis from Denmark, n= 1 million
    people: the risk of Alzheimer's after a SarsCov2 infection
    increased by 350%; Parkinson's +260%, stroke 270% and a +480%
    risk of bleeding in the brain.

-hh

That is obvious.

I dont claim to be an expert about medical stuff, but I have one

That's just as well. Because you're utterly ignorant.

thing a lot of you lack, and that is common sense. And unlike you,

LOL!

having a college degree, I know how to look up things fast , and I

You think getting a college degree is the only way to learn how to "look
    things up fast", do you?

learn fast. I have a daughter that is an ER RN, and she has seen

Sure you do...

dozens of people come in with jab related injuries. I talk to MDS
    who are members at my club. They talk freely there, unlike at work
    they have to stay on script. I know not to trust people that are
    full of shit. And everyone associated with this poison is full of
    shit.

Convenient for you to claim you talk to "MDS" [sic]...

...but never have to prove it.

And do you know what "circular argument" means?

Are you as mistrusting of all the other vaccines that protect us from
    childhood diseases that used to kill thousands every year?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05