• =?UTF-8?Q?For_the_gas_blame_game_boys=E2=80=A6?=

From -hh@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jun 12 17:33:36 2022
    Domestic oil production higher under Biden than Trump:

< https://twitter.com/tristansnell/status/1536041441855774723?s=21&t=JlRPcjMmvP9arTYguqfOTQ>

-hh

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to -hh on Sun Jun 12 21:31:25 2022
    On 2022-06-12 17:33, -hh wrote:

< https://twitter.com/tristansnell/status/1536041441855774723?s=21&t=JlRPcjMmvP9arTYguqfOTQ>

-hh

H, H, H....!

Our wingnuts don't let little things like facts get in their way.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tom Elam@21:1/5 to Alan on Fri Jun 17 07:27:46 2022
    On Monday, June 13, 2022 at 12:31:28 AM UTC-4, Alan wrote:
    On 2022-06-12 17:33, -hh wrote:

-hh
    H, H, H....!

Our wingnuts don't let little things like facts get in their way.

Averages can be VERY misleading.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tom Elam@21:1/5 to -hh on Fri Jun 17 07:27:09 2022
    On Sunday, June 12, 2022 at 8:33:38 PM UTC-4, -hh wrote:

-hh

Gross misuse of statistics. The averages mask important data. Here is a more complete story:

1. Under Trump crude production increased rapidly after falling under the last Obama years.
    2. Under Trump crude production reached all-time highs in 2020 until the pandemic caused a significant drop in crude demand and production.
    3. Crude production has never fully recovered to it's pre-pandemic peak.
    4. Crude production under Biden is falling far short of potential shown in early 2020.
    5. Energy demand increased as the economy rebounded.
    6. Crude supply has fallen far short of increasing demand.
    7. Annual crude production averages are misleading and distort the facts.
    8. Twitter, as shown by Trump, is not a reliable source.

Here is the proof:

Data Source: Energy Information Administration: https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MCRFPUS1&f=M

Graphed EIA crude production data: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XkyRtLFpbJibiQ4IrXtYGApRLfVTU8lE/view?usp=sharing

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tom Elam@21:1/5 to -hh on Fri Jun 17 09:41:12 2022

-hh

Another issue with the averages used is that they cover different time spans. 48 months of Trump and 16 months of Biden.

Let's compare the entire Biden record with the last 16 months of Trump's.

Biden 16 month average 340,922,000 barrels/month
    Trump last 16 month average 354,311,000 barrels/month

The Trump average includes the pandemic-induced 2020 drop when travel almost stopped for a month.

Mar-2020 397,298,000
    Apr-2020 357,344,000
    May-2020 301,045,000

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Irving S@21:1/5 to thomas...@gmail.com on Fri Jun 17 11:47:15 2022
    On Friday, June 17, 2022 at 12:41:16 PM UTC-4, thomas...@gmail.com wrote:

-hh
    Another issue with the averages used is that they cover different time spans. 48 months of Trump and 16 months of Biden.

The Trump average includes the pandemic-induced 2020 drop when travel almost stopped for a month.

Mar-2020 397,298,000
    Apr-2020 357,344,000
    May-2020 301,045,000

You have presented your argument well. You have credibility, being someone with THREE degrees, compared to another than could not even complete ONE.

Anyone can google and sound intelligent, you genuinely come across as intelligent. The only head scratcher with you is why you waste your time with a group of clowns that no matter what you say will be contrary. If it is for entertainment value, I get
    it. They are beyond entertaining.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tom Elam@21:1/5 to Irving S on Fri Jun 17 20:46:20 2022
    On Friday, June 17, 2022 at 2:47:18 PM UTC-4, Irving S wrote:
    On Friday, June 17, 2022 at 12:41:16 PM UTC-4, thomas...@gmail.com wrote:

-hh

Mar-2020 397,298,000
    Apr-2020 357,344,000
    May-2020 301,045,000
    You have presented your argument well. You have credibility, being someone with THREE degrees, compared to another than could not even complete ONE.

Anyone can google and sound intelligent, you genuinely come across as intelligent. The only head scratcher with you is why you waste your time with a group of clowns that no matter what you say will be contrary. If it is for entertainment value, I get
    it. They are beyond entertaining.

Alan ald HH think they are so honest and knowledable. This post illustrates that perfrectly. Anyone with the slightest stats background would realize that you can't meaningfully compare a 4 year average with 16 months. More true especially with the
    pandemic effects causing all kinds of outliers you need to look at what happened over time, not just total/# months.

Alan thinks he is knowledgeable about aircraft and aviation. Some years back he challenged me on logbook entries when I started my pilot training. Those entries were actually written in the logbook by my instructor and signed off as accurate. He recently
    implied that there is only one stall speed for an aircraft when the question at hand was stall/spin risks in maneuvering flight. I doubt that he has ever experienced a spin. I have done them for fun.

HH thinks that floating around over a reef looking at sea life while breathing through a snorkel is the same as diving. He also once asked me toi take my logbook to an FAA official he claimed to know to get some entries verified. He apparently does not
    know that they don't dispute logbook entries unless you falsify to get the minimum hours and other requirements for a new rating. Even then, that's very hard to prove fraud just from logbook entries. If you are not training for a commercial or ATP
    license FAA could care less. You are not even required to log time except for minimum currency (night landings and instrument approaches for example).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From -hh@21:1/5 to thomas...@gmail.com on Sat Jun 18 02:58:14 2022
    On Friday, June 17, 2022 at 11:46:23 PM UTC-4, thomas...@gmail.com wrote:
    Alan ald HH think they are so honest and knowledable. This post illustrates that perfrectly.

Illustrating how Thomas goes to Ad Hominem even before I've offered a counter to his criticism.

Anyone with the slightest stats background would realize that you can't meaningfully compare a 4 year average with 16 months.

Depends on the context, since averages are merely a measure of central tendency, such as to smooth
    out the month-to-month variations.

More true especially with the pandemic effects causing all kinds of outliers you need to look at
    what happened over time, not just total/# months.

Or even more so, since the generally expected pattern of a positive slope was altered. Keep that
    in mind when contextually considering which segments to consider.

Alan thinks ..

Which has to do with the topic of averages in trend analysis ... how? Because when it doesn't,
    then you're stooping to perpetuate a personal Ad Hominem attack and admitting that you lost.

HH thinks that floating around over a reef looking at sea life while breathing through a snorkel is the same as diving.

Really? Got cite?
    And just how does this have to do with the topic of averages in trend analysis?

Because your "30 minute dive to 100ft on 15 minutes of air" insult attempt failed years ago:
    <http://huntzinger.com/photo/2015/brac/Suunto-2015-05-15-0832HRS.jpg>

He also once asked me toi take my logbook to an FAA official he claimed to know to get some
    entries verified.

Your memory is failing you again, Tom: the facts are that your spreadsheet of your logbook was
    the source from which Alan did some math and found some irregularities...and which you then
    blustered loudly about. You did all that before I made any comment whatsoever. When I first
    made a comment about said logs, it was an offer to ask a personal friend (who's worn an FAA hat)
    for a favor in looking at your logs in an off-the-record capacity - - to which you've conducted even
    more blustering about. IIRC, I was hoping to get you to pay for our airline tickets to meet up with
    this old friend; which is why I didn't initially disclose is that they live in UK.

In any event, the conclusion on CSMA was that there was that your old (early) logbook was invariably
    an optimistic estimate of the practices being conducted and that that was generally consistent with
    what was traditionally done during that era. For example, time entries were invariably rounded off too;
    if it was anything like logbook based job timekeeping of that period, probably to no better resolution
    than to the nearest quarter hour (and an easy way to inflate claimed minimum hours).

Meantime, when it came to your demands on logbooks, I provided this pic for scuba diving:
    <http://huntzinger.com/photo/2015/HH-logbooks_01-14.jpg>

Since that's an older pic, there's now a few more logs that would be added onto that pile,
    including the current one which had dives earlier this month. Sorry: I did spend some time
    away on holiday and forgot to try to brag about it while it was happening. Total trip cost was
    a shade above $10K, partly because we opted for first class airfare on the international flight.

-hh

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tom Elam@21:1/5 to -hh on Sat Jun 18 09:19:11 2022
    On Saturday, June 18, 2022 at 5:58:17 AM UTC-4, -hh wrote:
    Alan ald HH think they are so honest and knowledable. This post illustrates that perfrectly.
    Illustrating how Thomas goes to Ad Hominem even before I've offered a counter to his criticism.
    Anyone with the slightest stats background would realize that you can't meaningfully compare a 4 year average with 16 months.
    Depends on the context, since averages are merely a measure of central tendency, such as to smooth
    More true especially with the pandemic effects causing all kinds of outliers you need to look at
    Or even more so, since the generally expected pattern of a positive slope was altered. Keep that

Alan thinks ..

Which has to do with the topic of averages in trend analysis ... how? Because when it doesn't,
    then you're stooping to perpetuate a personal Ad Hominem attack and admitting that you lost.
    HH thinks that floating around over a reef looking at sea life while breathing through a snorkel is the same as diving.
    Really? Got cite?

Because your "30 minute dive to 100ft on 15 minutes of air" insult attempt failed years ago:
    He also once asked me toi take my logbook to an FAA official he claimed to know to get some
    entries verified.
    Your memory is failing you again, Tom: the facts are that your spreadsheet of your logbook was
    the source from which Alan did some math and found some irregularities...and which you then
    blustered loudly about. You did all that before I made any comment whatsoever. When I first
    made a comment about said logs, it was an offer to ask a personal friend (who's worn an FAA hat)
    for a favor in looking at your logs in an off-the-record capacity - - to which you've conducted even
    more blustering about. IIRC, I was hoping to get you to pay for our airline tickets to meet up with
    this old friend; which is why I didn't initially disclose is that they live in UK.

In any event, the conclusion on CSMA was that there was that your old (early) logbook was invariably
    an optimistic estimate of the practices being conducted and that that was generally consistent with
    what was traditionally done during that era. For example, time entries were invariably rounded off too;
    if it was anything like logbook based job timekeeping of that period, probably to no better resolution
    than to the nearest quarter hour (and an easy way to inflate claimed minimum hours).

Meantime, when it came to your demands on logbooks, I provided this pic for scuba diving:

Since that's an older pic, there's now a few more logs that would be added onto that pile,
    including the current one which had dives earlier this month. Sorry: I did spend some time
    away on holiday and forgot to try to brag about it while it was happening. Total trip cost was
    a shade above $10K, partly because we opted for first class airfare on the international flight.

-hh

Sorry Hugh, but comparing averages over different time spans begs for further examination of the data. In this case it is true that if you look at the last 16 months of the Trump administration crude production was higher that the first 16 months of
    Biden's. The data before that 16 month span of the Trump administration is not relevant. Lower U.S. oil production is one factor causing higher energy costs.

As for my logbooks, you have no basis in fact to dispute the entries. An FAA person would not have the ability either to audit entries of which he has no knowledge or hard data. In this case he would have had no access to the relevant aircraft records.
    The owners who rented the aircraft to me and might have still had those rental records were long dead by then. Even if there were minor discrepencies they in no way compromised my eligibilty for a PPL. I took and passed the written, oral and practical
    exams on the first try. I had enough hours logged. The FAA examiner pilot for my PPL looked over my logbook on 1/27/1968 and had no issues with the entries. End of story. Well, almost...

Time entries are still rounded off. We commonly use the Hobbs meter to record time from start to shutdown. It records in 10ths of an hour. A 57 minute flight can show up as 0.9 or 1.0 hours logged depending on how close the starting time was to ticking
    over to the next 10th. Assuming the Hobbs is working correctly that minor discrepency vanishingly approaches 0 over time. In CAP we also record actual engine start and stop time, so any Hobbs meter issue is readily apparent. In our records we also
    reconcile ending and beginning Hobbs time in a monthly audit that would catch any errors across flights. Anyway, with 3,774.1 total hours as of today there is no reason to fudge. Nor was there in 1968. I was not paying cash for the airplane rental. It
    was payment-in-kind for work at the airport.

We were using Hobbs back in 1968 too. So rounding off 45 minutes to an hour would not happen. When I started out we were rounding to clock times ending in 0 or 5 minutes to make the math easier. So .4 Hobbs = 25 minutes. 3.1 Hobbs was recorded as 3:05 on
    7/7/68. Entries were accurate to within a few minutes, and rounding cancelled out, just like Hobbs does now. On 5/2/1973 I stopped recording clock time and started using raw Hobbs data. It made the sums at the end of the page much easier to compute.

Why do you insist to make claims with no basis in facts? Does it satisfy your inflated ego?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From -hh@21:1/5 to thomas...@gmail.com on Sat Jun 18 15:56:53 2022
    On Saturday, June 18, 2022 at 12:19:14 PM UTC-4, thomas...@gmail.com wrote:

Anyone with the slightest stats background would realize that you can't meaningfully compare
    a 4 year average with 16 months.

Alan thinks ..

Really? Got cite?

Guess not.

entries verified.

Sorry Hugh, but comparing averages over different time spans begs for further examination of the data.

Incorrect, for as noted above (which you didn't comment on) is that it "[d]epends on the context, since
    averages are merely a measure of central tendency, such as to smooth out the month-to-month variations."

Averages are an effective tool for comparing central tendency characteristics of populations, even those
    of different sizes: there is no rule that says that populations can only be compared if they're exactly equal;
    indeed, using statistics serves to be able to to normalize measures of different sized populations.

In this case it is true that if you look at the last 16 months of the Trump administration crude production
    was higher that the first 16 months of Biden's. The data before that 16 month span of the Trump
    administration is not relevant.

And just why wouldn't it be? After all, since CoVid was a major change in the market, what's the
    rationale for including any months prior to crude oil cutbacks being included?

Taking just the production cutback from CoVid would be May 20 - Dec 20 = 325,831 kBBls/day.
    FYI, this is May 2020, not March, because one needs to account for the fact that the crude production
    industry has inertia and lag, for not just shutdown but also restoration: that's why its also informative
    to go check on if the oil companies have put up the money for turning wells back on, to gage how much
    (if at all) they're trying to invest in oil fields to turn them back on and alleviate the gap. Ditto through
    the rest of the supply chain; be wary of self-interests which have profit gains on both sides.

Lower U.S. oil production is one factor causing higher energy costs.

Because lower Russia supply isn't an insignificant factor either, as it is a world commodity market.
    Plus one can gage that crude production changes are a lagging indicator on demand drop, and since
    a benefit of using an average is to reduce how much noise is in the data. For example, if one moves
    from monthly totals to an annualized basis, then the years are:

2017: 284,605 (max/min: 309,359 255,059)
    2018: 332,774 (max/min: 369,644 287,727)
    2019: 373,804 (max/min: 400,219 326,272)
    2020: 344,130 (max/min: 397,298 301,045)
    CoVid 325,831 (max/min: 343,591 301,045)
    2021: 340,291 (max/min: 359,709 273,646*)
    2022: 343,446 (max/min: 361,312 316,578)

* - interesting outlier for Feb 21; without it, min=325,538

Overall, very easy to compare that vs prior years/decades, plus that CoVid was a major
    correction in crude production due to demand fall, and also that the latest period is the
    highest to date since the large & rapid supply chain contraction in May 2020.

As for my logbooks ...

Merely ancient history which you nevertheless believe is important enough to your
    ego to go whine about yet again. As I said, my main motivation at the time to poke
    you on it was simply to maybe get you to pony up for airfare for us to go visit W,
    which of course you dodged, even before you learning that it would've been to UK.

-hh

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tom Elam@21:1/5 to -hh on Tue Jun 21 05:34:40 2022
    On Saturday, June 18, 2022 at 6:56:55 PM UTC-4, -hh wrote:

Anyone with the slightest stats background would realize that you can't meaningfully compare

Alan thinks ..

Really? Got cite?
    Guess not.

entries verified.

Sorry Hugh, but comparing averages over different time spans begs for further examination of the data.
    Incorrect, for as noted above (which you didn't comment on) is that it "[d]epends on the context, since
    averages are merely a measure of central tendency, such as to smooth out the month-to-month variations."
    Averages are an effective tool for comparing central tendency characteristics of populations, even those
    of different sizes: there is no rule that says that populations can only be compared if they're exactly equal;
    indeed, using statistics serves to be able to to normalize measures of different sized populations.
    In this case it is true that if you look at the last 16 months of the Trump administration crude production
    was higher that the first 16 months of Biden's. The data before that 16 month span of the Trump
    And just why wouldn't it be? After all, since CoVid was a major change in the market, what's the

Taking just the production cutback from CoVid would be May 20 - Dec 20 = 325,831 kBBls/day.
    FYI, this is May 2020, not March, because one needs to account for the fact that the crude production
    industry has inertia and lag, for not just shutdown but also restoration: that's why its also informative
    to go check on if the oil companies have put up the money for turning wells back on, to gage how much
    (if at all) they're trying to invest in oil fields to turn them back on and alleviate the gap. Ditto through
    the rest of the supply chain; be wary of self-interests which have profit gains on both sides.
    Because lower Russia supply isn't an insignificant factor either, as it is a world commodity market.
    Plus one can gage that crude production changes are a lagging indicator on demand drop, and since
    a benefit of using an average is to reduce how much noise is in the data. For example, if one moves

Overall, very easy to compare that vs prior years/decades, plus that CoVid was a major
    correction in crude production due to demand fall, and also that the latest period is the

As for my logbooks ...

Merely ancient history which you nevertheless believe is important enough to your
    ego to go whine about yet again. As I said, my main motivation at the time to poke
    you on it was simply to maybe get you to pony up for airfare for us to go visit W,
    which of course you dodged, even before you learning that it would've been to UK.

-hh

Hugh, I did not say that averages have to compare exactly same anything. All I said was that they are not the complete picture in many cases. So you proceeded to do exactly that!

As for the logbooks you and Alan insulted me and called me a liar. Of course I was upset. It had nothing to do with my ego. It was you and Alan boosting your ego by nitpicking. Now you admit that by admitting you were not even serious about the
    accusations. Asshole.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From -hh@21:1/5 to thomas...@gmail.com on Tue Jun 21 07:33:12 2022
    On Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 8:34:43 AM UTC-4, thomas...@gmail.com wrote:

Alan thinks ..

Really? Got cite?
    Guess not.

entries verified.

As for my logbooks ...

Hugh, I did not say that averages have to compare exactly same anything.

You certainly tried to imply that!

All I said was that they are not the complete picture in many cases. So you proceeded to do exactly that!

Because you didn't: you used a period which didn't provide a complete picture.

Likewise, if you really wished to stay on the actual topic, you would have identified
    the reductions in refinery capacity which has driven up the 'crack spread', which
    essentially is identifying the profit level of refineries which contributes to retail prices.

Case in point:

<https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=48636> <https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2022/06/20/refineries-profit-gas-prices/>
    <https://www.marketplace.org/2022/05/23/u-s-oil-refiners-margins-smash-records-but-few-plan-to-build-more-plants/>

<https://rbnenergy.com/cracking-up-whats-driving-us-refiners-sky-high-crack-spreads>
    <https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-01/oil-holds-steady-as-traders-weigh-china-covid-measures-eu-moves>
    <https://www.eia.gov/outlooks/steo/marketreview/petproducts.php>

As for the logbooks you and Alan insulted me and called me a liar. Of course I was upset.

Actually, I offered a reasonable expectation, but also noted that the numbers probably were
    'fudged', simply due to rounding in then-handwritten records. Same also happens a lot even
    to this day in keeping track of touch labor hours in small businesses, such as how a time of
    eight minutes gets rounded up to the next quarter hour, and 7 or less rounds down, etc.

It had nothing to do with my ego. It was you and Alan boosting your ego by nitpicking.

On the contrary: I'm still of the opinion that they weren't accurate, but that it just doesn't
    really matter anywhere near as much as you try to claim. It is much like how my own
    scuba diving records go back to pre-digital era such that times were handwritten and
    invariably inaccurate compared to what can be recorded today.

Now you admit that by admitting you were not even serious about the accusations. Asshole.

On the contrary: it was to push you to test how strong (or not) your convictions were. That it
    happened to come out as you paying for a jaunt for me to go visit an old friend was gravy.
    I could have tapped someone local, but they weren't retired, so if they had spotted anything
    dodgy in your records, they would have been ethically compelled to report you to FAA & CAP;
    you're welcome.

But as I said then, and I'll reiterate now, if you really wish to be convince me to a degree of
    precision substantially higher than what I'd pointed out, then merely pony up for us all to go
    on a jaunt to see go someone that I trust to be a reliable OTR third party arbiter of your logs.

Because the difference between us is that I know better than to make foolish claims that
    rely on the accuracy or reliability of old records, such as using them to try to claim something
    like having exactly DD:HH:MM:SS of total lifetime scuba bottom time or whatever.

-hh

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tom Elam@21:1/5 to -hh on Tue Jun 28 05:08:57 2022
    On Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 10:33:15 AM UTC-4, -hh wrote:
    On Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 8:34:43 AM UTC-4, thomas...@gmail.com wrote:

Alan thinks ..

Really? Got cite?
    Guess not.

entries verified.

As for my logbooks ...

Hugh, I did not say that averages have to compare exactly same anything.
    You certainly tried to imply that!
    All I said was that they are not the complete picture in many cases. So you proceeded to do exactly that!
    Because you didn't: you used a period which didn't provide a complete picture.

Likewise, if you really wished to stay on the actual topic, you would have identified
    the reductions in refinery capacity which has driven up the 'crack spread', which
    essentially is identifying the profit level of refineries which contributes to retail prices.

Case in point:

<https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=48636> <https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2022/06/20/refineries-profit-gas-prices/>
    <https://www.marketplace.org/2022/05/23/u-s-oil-refiners-margins-smash-records-but-few-plan-to-build-more-plants/>

<https://rbnenergy.com/cracking-up-whats-driving-us-refiners-sky-high-crack-spreads>
    <https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-01/oil-holds-steady-as-traders-weigh-china-covid-measures-eu-moves>
    <https://www.eia.gov/outlooks/steo/marketreview/petproducts.php>
    As for the logbooks you and Alan insulted me and called me a liar. Of course I was upset.
    Actually, I offered a reasonable expectation, but also noted that the numbers probably were
    'fudged', simply due to rounding in then-handwritten records. Same also happens a lot even
    to this day in keeping track of touch labor hours in small businesses, such as how a time of
    eight minutes gets rounded up to the next quarter hour, and 7 or less rounds down, etc.
    It had nothing to do with my ego. It was you and Alan boosting your ego by nitpicking.
    On the contrary: I'm still of the opinion that they weren't accurate, but that it just doesn't
    really matter anywhere near as much as you try to claim. It is much like how my own
    scuba diving records go back to pre-digital era such that times were handwritten and
    Now you admit that by admitting you were not even serious about the accusations. Asshole.
    On the contrary: it was to push you to test how strong (or not) your convictions were. That it
    happened to come out as you paying for a jaunt for me to go visit an old friend was gravy.
    I could have tapped someone local, but they weren't retired, so if they had spotted anything
    dodgy in your records, they would have been ethically compelled to report you to FAA & CAP;
    you're welcome.

But as I said then, and I'll reiterate now, if you really wish to be convince me to a degree of
    precision substantially higher than what I'd pointed out, then merely pony up for us all to go
    on a jaunt to see go someone that I trust to be a reliable OTR third party arbiter of your logs.

Because the difference between us is that I know better than to make foolish claims that
    rely on the accuracy or reliability of old records, such as using them to try to claim something
    like having exactly DD:HH:MM:SS of total lifetime scuba bottom time or whatever.

-hh

Bottom line is that you lied about a "friend in England" as bait. Having lied about that you cannot be trusted.

There is no way that anyone can look at those 50+ year old records and say they were "fudged" or not.

My CFI signed me off as having at least the minimum requirements for my checkride and the logbook entries, including signatures from destination airport employees for the x-country flights, are in my logbooks. Rental records no longer exist. My CFI died
    2 years ago, and the Spears Aviation people who rented the aircraft are long gone too.

How do you propose that anyone can verify the record?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Tom Elam on Tue Jun 28 09:43:17 2022
    On 2022-06-28 05:08, Tom Elam wrote:

you're welcome.

-hh

Bottom line is that you lied about a "friend in England" as bait. Having lied about that you cannot be trusted.

Interesting you define it in those terms, Liarboy.

You've lied about me repeatedly.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Irving S@21:1/5 to Alan on Tue Jun 28 10:50:10 2022
    On Tuesday, June 28, 2022 at 12:43:21 PM UTC-4, Alan wrote:

you're welcome.

-hh

======================================================================
    "Im posting another video. According to YouTube, processing the video
    has another 26 minutes to go (uploading having been completed some
    time
    ago). And whatever flaws there were in my first video, it doesn't
    attempt to obfuscate, nor is it fraudulent. It clearly showed me
    counting out Canadian currency which can't be faked with a scanner, or Photoshop." - Alan Baker

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bigbird@21:1/5 to Tom Elam on Tue Jun 28 18:28:11 2022
    Tom Elam wrote:

<

https://twitter.com/tristansnell/status/1536041441855774723?s=21&t=JlRPcjMmvP9arTYguqfOTQ>

-hh

Gross misuse of statistics. The averages mask important data. Here is
    a more complete story:

1. Under Trump crude production increased rapidly after falling under
    the last Obama years. 2. Under Trump crude production reached
    all-time highs in 2020 until the pandemic caused a significant drop
    in crude demand and production. 3. Crude production has never fully recovered to it's pre-pandemic peak. 4. Crude production under Biden
    is falling far short of potential shown in early 2020. 5. Energy
    demand increased as the economy rebounded. 6. Crude supply has
    fallen far short of increasing demand. 7. Annual crude production
    averages are misleading and distort the facts. 8. Twitter, as shown
    by Trump, is not a reliable source.

Here is the proof:

Data Source: Energy Information Administration:

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MCRFPUS1&f=M

Graphed EIA crude production data:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XkyRtLFpbJibiQ4IrXtYGApRLfVTU8lE/view?usp=sharing

How do you explain the drop off in production from current wells?

The oil companies are profiteering and using the situation to further
    their own goals as they always have done.

Who overseas the industry? Anyone? They should be taking a close look
    at any drop in production.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bigbird@21:1/5 to Tom Elam on Tue Jun 28 18:29:55 2022
    Tom Elam wrote:

Bottom line is that you lied about a "friend in England" as bait.
    Having lied about that you cannot be trusted.

There is no way that anyone can look at those 50+ year old records
    and say they were "fudged" or not.

My CFI signed me off as having at least the minimum requirements for
    my checkride and the logbook entries, including signatures from
    destination airport employees for the x-country flights, are in my
    logbooks. Rental records no longer exist. My CFI died 2 years ago,
    and the Spears Aviation people who rented the aircraft are long gone
    too.

So you are saying your claims are unsupportable, okay.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Irving S@21:1/5 to Bigbird on Tue Jun 28 12:48:15 2022
    On Tuesday, June 28, 2022 at 2:29:57 PM UTC-4, Bigbird wrote:
    Tom Elam wrote:

Bottom line is that you lied about a "friend in England" as bait.
    Having lied about that you cannot be trusted.

There is no way that anyone can look at those 50+ year old records
    and say they were "fudged" or not.

My CFI signed me off as having at least the minimum requirements for
    my checkride and the logbook entries, including signatures from
    destination airport employees for the x-country flights, are in my logbooks. Rental records no longer exist. My CFI died 2 years ago,
    and the Spears Aviation people who rented the aircraft are long gone
    too.

So you are saying your claims are unsupportable, okay.

Why are you not out looking for dog walking jobs instead of being a contrary prick?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From -hh@21:1/5 to Alan on Tue Jun 28 17:15:05 2022

you're welcome.

-hh

Certainly is:

<tinyurl.com/Elam-loses-again>

Not just about you.

-hh

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to -hh on Tue Jun 28 17:27:43 2022
    On 2022-06-28 17:15, -hh wrote:

you're welcome.

-hh

Certainly is:

Not just about you.

Oh, I fully realize that.

But I remember the lies he's told about me more easily.

Like when he called my LinkedIn page my "company website".

:-)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tom Elam@21:1/5 to Alan on Thu Jun 30 07:29:11 2022
    On Tuesday, June 28, 2022 at 8:27:45 PM UTC-4, Alan wrote:

you're welcome.

-hh

Certainly is:

Not just about you.

It was all you had that I could find at the time. In any event with you now in the employ of a small company that is not the case any more. Seems your consulting company was not able to support you any longer!

Hugh absolutely lied about his friend in England. He even now admits it, Liarboy.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From -hh@21:1/5 to thomas...@gmail.com on Thu Jun 30 08:59:40 2022
    On Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 10:29:14 AM UTC-4, thomas...@gmail.com wrote:

you're welcome.

-hh

Certainly is:

Not just about you.

It was all you had that I could find at the time.

That doesn't excuse your misidentification.

In any event with you now in the employ of a small company that
    is not the case any more. Seems your consulting company was
    not able to support you any longer!

Speculation; you've not shown that the business no longer exists as
    a corporation.

Hugh absolutely lied about his friend in England. He even now admits it, Liarboy.

Absolutely the opposite, as demonstrated by the illustration I provided: that is of said individual and their spouse, standing in the front entranceway of their
    home in the UK, which I remembered to take on a visit to their home.

-hh

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Tom Elam on Thu Jun 30 10:03:27 2022
    On 2022-06-30 07:29, Tom Elam wrote:

As for the logbooks you and Alan insulted me and called
    me a liar. Of course I was upset.
    Actually, I offered a reasonable expectation, but also
    noted that the numbers probably were 'fudged', simply due
    to rounding in then-handwritten records. Same also happens
    a lot even to this day in keeping track of touch labor
    hours in small businesses, such as how a time of eight
    minutes gets rounded up to the next quarter hour, and 7 or
    less rounds down, etc.
    It had nothing to do with my ego. It was you and Alan
    boosting your ego by nitpicking.
    On the contrary: I'm still of the opinion that they weren't
    accurate, but that it just doesn't really matter anywhere
    near as much as you try to claim. It is much like how my
    own scuba diving records go back to pre-digital era such
    that times were handwritten and invariably inaccurate
    compared to what can be recorded today.
    Now you admit that by admitting you were not even serious
    about the accusations. Asshole.
    On the contrary: it was to push you to test how strong (or
    not) your convictions were. That it happened to come out as
    you paying for a jaunt for me to go visit an old friend was
    gravy. I could have tapped someone local, but they weren't
    retired, so if they had spotted anything dodgy in your
    records, they would have been ethically compelled to report
    you to FAA & CAP; you're welcome.

But as I said then, and I'll reiterate now, if you really
    wish to be convince me to a degree of precision
    substantially higher than what I'd pointed out, then merely
    pony up for us all to go on a jaunt to see go someone that
    I trust to be a reliable OTR third party arbiter of your
    logs.

Because the difference between us is that I know better
    than to make foolish claims that rely on the accuracy or
    reliability of old records, such as using them to try to
    claim something like having exactly DD:HH:MM:SS of total
    lifetime scuba bottom time or whatever.

-hh

Bottom line is that you lied about a "friend in England" as
    bait. Having lied about that you cannot be trusted.

Certainly is:

Not just about you.

It was all you had that I could find at the time. In any event with
    you now in the employ of a small company that is not the case any
    more. Seems your consulting company was not able to support you any
    longer!

But you declared it a "company website" when you knew it was not...

...because you knew precisely what a LinkedIn personal page actually was...

...because you had home.

And I'm working WITH a very interesting group of people who are experts
    in the areas of digital financial systems. It's a fun side gig.

Hugh absolutely lied about his friend in England. He even now admits
    it, Liarboy.

Ummmmm... ...no.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to -hh on Thu Jun 30 09:32:14 2022
    On 2022-06-30 08:59, -hh wrote:

you're welcome.

-hh

Certainly is:

Not just about you.

KNOWING, deliberate misidentification as the Liarboy had his own
    personal and company LinkedIn pages at the time.

a corporation.

Absolutely the opposite, as demonstrated by the illustration I provided: that
    is of said individual and their spouse, standing in the front entranceway of their

Isn't it interesting how the truth is almost always the opposite of what
    Tom says?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tom Elam@21:1/5 to Alan on Mon Jul 4 08:05:47 2022
    On Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 12:32:17 PM UTC-4, Alan wrote:

invariably inaccurate compared to what can be recorded today. >>>>>>>> Now you admit that by admitting you were not even serious about the accusations. Asshole.
    you're welcome.

-hh

Certainly is:

Not just about you.

a corporation.

is of said individual and their spouse, standing in the front entranceway of their
    Isn't it interesting how the truth is almost always the opposite of what
    Tom says?

No, the lie was that he made the offer just to see how I would react.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From -hh@21:1/5 to thomas...@gmail.com on Mon Jul 4 10:31:06 2022
    On Monday, July 4, 2022 at 11:05:51 AM UTC-4, thomas...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 12:32:17 PM UTC-4, Alan wrote:

invariably inaccurate compared to what can be recorded today. >>>>>>>> Now you admit that by admitting you were not even serious about the accusations. Asshole.
    you're welcome.

-hh

Certainly is:

Not just about you.

a corporation.

Isn't it interesting how the truth is almost always the opposite of what Tom says?

No, the lie was that he made the offer just to see how I would react.

I expected you to cut & run, which you proved to be correct.

That it also happened to come out as you paying for a jaunt for me to go visit an old friend
    was gravy. As I said, I could have tapped someone local, but they weren't retired, so if they had
    spotted anything dodgy in your records, they would have been ethically compelled to report you.

Base I’ve said … and I'll reiterate now, the offer still stands: if you really wish to be convince
    me to a degree of precision substantially higher than what I'd pointed out, then merely pony up
    for us all to go on see someone that I trust to be a reliable OTR third party arbiter of your logs.

rely on superior accuracy & reliability of old handwritten records.

-hh

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05