• A great round today!

From Irving S@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 19 12:01:23 2022
    This hangout is about golf. I golf, do any of you? Or is this just a place for a bunch of dysfunctional leftist retards to preach, with no one listening?

Well I was at the club this am, and shot an 80. Best day ball striking wise in a few years. The sand killed me. Did not keep count, but must have been in the sand 6-7 times.

The lessons really paying off. We are working on keeping my back foot down a bit longer. My tendency is to roll it early, getting me way off plane and out of my posture. I don't roll that back foot now till after impact. I let if get rolled, instead
    of consciously rolling it. The simple things can make a big difference. A good instructor is not cheap, but worth it in the long run.

The PXG clubs continue to amaze. Don't believe the hype, you gotta try them. They are that good.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Irving S on Tue Apr 19 13:44:59 2022
    On 2022-04-19 12:01 p.m., Irving S wrote:
    This hangout is about golf. I golf, do any of you? Or is this just a place for a bunch of dysfunctional leftist retards to preach, with no one listening?

Well I was at the club this am, and shot an 80. Best day ball striking wise in a few years. The sand killed me. Did not keep count, but must have been in the sand 6-7 times.

The lessons really paying off. We are working on keeping my back foot down a bit longer. My tendency is to roll it early, getting me way off plane and out of my posture. I don't roll that back foot now till after impact. I let if get rolled,
    instead of consciously rolling it. The simple things can make a big difference. A good instructor is not cheap, but worth it in the long run.

The PXG clubs continue to amaze. Don't believe the hype, you gotta try them. They are that good.

You should do a little basic arithmetic before you construct your bullshit.

"The sand killed me" implies that most of the time you got in the sand,
    you failed to escape without it costing you a stroke on that hole.

So we'll assume your "6" is correct, and assume that 4 times it cost you
    a stroke on the hole.

So your best case scenario is that you played the 14 other holes in just
    4 over. That's the equivalent of just over 5 strokes over par for 18 holes.

What's your handicap again?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From TomS@21:1/5 to Alan on Tue Apr 19 22:49:46 2022
    On Tuesday, April 19, 2022 at 1:45:06 PM UTC-7, Alan wrote:

The lessons really paying off. We are working on keeping my back foot down a bit longer. My tendency is to roll it early, getting me way off plane and out of my posture. I don't roll that back foot now till after impact. I let if get rolled, instead
    of consciously rolling it. The simple things can make a big difference. A good instructor is not cheap, but worth it in the long run.

"The sand killed me" implies that most of the time you got in the sand,
    you failed to escape without it costing you a stroke on that hole.

a stroke on the hole.

Nice round, ignore what the Fool says - I notice that he NEVER posts about golf, just tries to denigrate others! What a PATHETIC FOOL!!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Irving S@21:1/5 to TomS on Wed Apr 20 12:39:13 2022
    On Wednesday, April 20, 2022 at 1:49:47 AM UTC-4, TomS wrote:
    On Tuesday, April 19, 2022 at 1:45:06 PM UTC-7, Alan wrote:

The lessons really paying off. We are working on keeping my back foot down a bit longer. My tendency is to roll it early, getting me way off plane and out of my posture. I don't roll that back foot now till after impact. I let if get rolled,
    instead of consciously rolling it. The simple things can make a big difference. A good instructor is not cheap, but worth it in the long run.

"The sand killed me" implies that most of the time you got in the sand, you failed to escape without it costing you a stroke on that hole.

a stroke on the hole.

Nice round, ignore what the Fool says - I notice that he NEVER posts about golf, just tries to denigrate others! What a PATHETIC FOOL!!

I had no doubt the square headed homely troll would respond. He is as predicatable as a trained seal, in fact more predictable. We are lucky to have him around, he is worth more than a laigh a day.

What some college dropout thinks about my golf game is irrelevant, but I am so glad he takes the time to respond. It gives him attention, I am glad to be of service.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05