• How well is Bidenomics working for you?

From Tommy@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 31 10:39:00 2023
    Personally, I know that it has cost me over $100k, but the big picture shows a broad negative impact on the population as a whole:
    https://www.federalreserve.gov/consumerscommunities/shed.htm#:~:text=The%20survey%20of%20more%20than%2011%2C000%20adults%20was,and%20investments%2C%20and%20higher%20education%20and%20student%20loans.
    Particularly hard hit are low-income families faced with large increases in rents, food, and energy prices. And there is no hope going forward other than throwing Lyin' Biden and the rest of Woke Dim crowd out of office.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Tommy on Mon Jul 31 11:01:23 2023
    On 2023-07-31 10:39, Tommy wrote:
    Personally, I know that it has cost me over $100k, but the big
    picture shows a broad negative impact on the population as a whole: https://www.federalreserve.gov/consumerscommunities/shed.htm#:~:text=The%20survey%20of%20more%20than%2011%2C000%20adults%20was,and%20investments%2C%20and%20higher%20education%20and%20student%20loans.

Particularly hard hit are low-income families faced with large
    increases in rents, food, and energy prices. And there is no hope
    going forward other than throwing Lyin' Biden and the rest of Woke
    Dim crowd out of office.

So Bidenomics is responsible for the rise in inflation...

..but somehow not responsible for bring it back down...

...and lowering unemployment to levels that haven't been seen on a
    consistent basis for more then 50 years...

...or adding 11 million jobs since the start of his term...

...or getting far, FAR more investment in manufacturing than Trump ever got?

:-)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From -hh@21:1/5 to Tommy on Mon Jul 31 11:54:44 2023
    On Monday, July 31, 2023 at 1:39:03 PM UTC-4, Tommy wrote:
    Personally, I know that it has cost me over $100k, ..

YMMV. I’m up much more than that; roughly +10% higher.
    Maybe you need a better financial advisor?

…but the big picture shows a
    broad negative impact on the population as a whole: https://www.federalreserve.gov/consumerscommunities/shed.htm#:~:text=The%20survey%20of%20more%20than%2011%2C000%20adults%20was,and%20investments%2C%20and%20higher%20education%20and%20student%20loans.
    Particularly hard hit are low-income families faced with large increases in rents,
    food, and energy prices. And there is no hope going forward other than throwing
    Lyin' Biden and the rest of Woke Dim crowd out of office.

Fortunately, the survey was done ten (10) months ago, in Oct 2022, and there’s been
    significant change since then. For example, the DJIA has gone from 30K to 35K (+16%).

As Noahpinion wrote this week:

“… I know lots of Americans still think the economy is doing poorly, and are upset
    about that. But when I look at objective measures, I just can’t rationalize that negative
    viewpoint. Because as far as I can tell from the actual numbers, this economy is doing
    really, really well.

Why the economy is doing really, really well

What do we want from the macroeconomy?

We want employment to be high, meaning that as many people as possible who want jobs can get them.

We want inflation to be low, so that people have certainty about how far their paycheck and their savings will go in the future.

We want real incomes to rise, meaning that we’re able to consume more than we
    could in the past, or save more if we want to.”

Continuing, he assesses each. Let us know where he’s wrong:

“ And when we look at the objective numbers, they are great. First of all, there’s the
    employment situation. Some indicators of employment, like labor-force participation,
    look bad because we’re in the middle of the great Baby Boom retirement. That’s why
    you generally shouldn’t use measures of the labor force that don’t adjust for age!
    When we do adjust for age, we find that the U.S. job market is now the best that it’s
    been in recorded history.”

“Next up we have inflation. This has, of course, been the big problem since the start
    of 2021. But now inflation is plunging; if it’s not back to its target, it’s headed there
    very rapidly. In month-to-month terms, PCE inflation (which the Fed likes better than
    the more commonly used CPI) is now below the 2% target.

Slower-moving measures are all headed downward. Broader measures are falling rapidly
    as well. And when you include the rents that people are paying on new leases instead of
    rents for leases signed long ago, inflation looks even lower. Meanwhile, market inflation
    expectations, measured by the 5-year breakeven, increasingly look like they’ve been completely
    tamed, which means people think the Fed has inflation under control in the long term…”

“ And in case you’re wondering whether most of that income growth is flowing to the rich,
    well, let’s take a look at wage growth. Real wages fell during 2021 and the first half of 2022,
    but when inflation came down, they started rising again. Now, labor economist Arin Dube
    reckons that wages for production and supervisory workers — i.e., regular workers — are all
    the way back to their pre-Covid trend line…. And when Dube adjusts for aging, he finds that
    the wage picture looks even better…”

More for subscribers.

-hh

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From -hh@21:1/5 to -hh on Tue Aug 1 04:17:42 2023
    On Monday, July 31, 2023 at 2:54:46 PM UTC-4, -hh wrote:
    Personally, I know that it has cost me over $100k, ..

YMMV. I’m up much more than that; roughly +10% higher.
    Maybe you need a better financial advisor?

Just happened to be checking on one of my accounts this morning;
    which includes a funds' returns list as of 2Q23:

1 year: +3.8% +19.5% +15.2% 19.1%
    3 year: +2.2% +14.6% +9.4% +9.4%

YMMV on one's fund distribution, but a simple 1/4 share in each of these mathematically means a +8.9% return over the 3yr period, and +14.4% YoY.

…but the big picture shows a
    broad negative impact on the population as a whole: https://www.federalreserve.gov/consumerscommunities/shed.htm#:~:text=The%20survey%20of%20more%20than%2011%2C000%20adults%20was,and%20investments%2C%20and%20higher%20education%20and%20student%20loans.
    Particularly hard hit are low-income families faced with large increases in rents,
    food, and energy prices. And there is no hope going forward other than throwing
    Lyin' Biden and the rest of Woke Dim crowd out of office.
    Fortunately, the survey was done ten (10) months ago, in Oct 2022, and there’s been
    significant change since then. For example, the DJIA has gone from 30K to 35K (+16%).

As Noahpinion wrote this week:

“… I know lots of Americans still think the economy is doing poorly, and are upset
    about that. But when I look at objective measures, I just can’t rationalize that negative
    viewpoint. Because as far as I can tell from the actual numbers, this economy is doing
    really, really well.

Why the economy is doing really, really well

What do we want from the macroeconomy?

We want employment to be high, meaning that as many people as possible who want jobs can get them.

We want inflation to be low, so that people have certainty about how far their
    paycheck and their savings will go in the future.

We want real incomes to rise, meaning that we’re able to consume more than we
    could in the past, or save more if we want to.”

Continuing, he assesses each. Let us know where he’s wrong:

“ And when we look at the objective numbers, they are great. First of all, there’s the
    employment situation. Some indicators of employment, like labor-force participation,
    look bad because we’re in the middle of the great Baby Boom retirement. That’s why
    you generally shouldn’t use measures of the labor force that don’t adjust for age!
    When we do adjust for age, we find that the U.S. job market is now the best that it’s
    been in recorded history.”

“Next up we have inflation. This has, of course, been the big problem since the start
    of 2021. But now inflation is plunging; if it’s not back to its target, it’s headed there
    very rapidly. In month-to-month terms, PCE inflation (which the Fed likes better than
    the more commonly used CPI) is now below the 2% target.

Slower-moving measures are all headed downward. Broader measures are falling rapidly
    as well. And when you include the rents that people are paying on new leases instead of
    rents for leases signed long ago, inflation looks even lower. Meanwhile, market inflation
    expectations, measured by the 5-year breakeven, increasingly look like they’ve been completely
    tamed, which means people think the Fed has inflation under control in the long term…”

“ And in case you’re wondering whether most of that income growth is flowing to the rich,
    well, let’s take a look at wage growth. Real wages fell during 2021 and the first half of 2022,
    but when inflation came down, they started rising again. Now, labor economist Arin Dube
    reckons that wages for production and supervisory workers — i.e., regular workers — are all
    the way back to their pre-Covid trend line…. And when Dube adjusts for aging, he finds that
    the wage picture looks even better…”

More for subscribers.

-hh

-hh

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bruce bowser@21:1/5 to Tommy on Tue Aug 1 12:32:40 2023
    Personally, I know that it has cost me over $100k, but

The rest of the country gets a BIDEN JOBS REPORT of 200,000 jobs created in July. Got it? Huh, TOMMY BOY?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bradley K. Sherman@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 1 20:19:45 2023
    | And yet when I look at how the U.S. economy is doing right
    | now, I find it difficult to describe it in terms that allow
    | me to avoid sounding like a shill. I know lots of Americans
    | still think the economy is doing poorly, and are upset
    | about that. But when I look at objective measures, I just
    | can't rationalize that negative viewpoint. Because as far
    | as I can tell from the actual numbers, this economy is
    | doing really, really well.
    <https://www.noahpinion.blog/p/if-this-is-a-bad-economy-please-tell>

|
    | The job market is humming nationally, but zoom in and you
    | get another extraordinary snapshot: Many states across the
    | country are experiencing all-time lows in unemployment.
    | From Pennsylvania to Washington to Alabama, 17 states saw
    | jobless rates hit new record lows or hold at a previously
    | notched low in June, according to the Bureau of Labor
    | Statistics.
    <https://www.axios.com/2023/07/24/states-jobs-unemployment-rate>

--bks

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05