• K2 -- comfy or YOW! painful ???

From adriancpopa78@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Apr 15 12:50:24 2017
    I own a pair of k2 Il Capo 2012.
    In the store, when i bought them, they felt like a perfect fit, very comfortable, very tight. Then i went out with my kids and soon i started feeling pain on the outer parts of my feet, from the toe towards the middle of the foot. I have tried to "break
    in"them but still, after a short run, although they still feel comfortable when i put them on, my feet go numb, and pain reappears.
    They realy put me off skating after a while. That happened like 2 years ago. Recently i felt like getting back to skating so i have started to wear them in the house when working at the PC. The numb feeling is still there when i try to move around. However, when standing still on them, left boot is ok while in the right boot i
    have a small pain above ankle, towards the outside, pain that i can also feel when i press my finger on the bone, while inside the boot, there is a pain on the inside, on the big knuckle where the big toe binds to the foot.

The pain around bones are ok. You can take it, but the feeling of numbness around your feet are realy ruining my skating experience.
    Went to sell them on SH market and everyone else who was selling same model as mine were saying they took them out 2-3 times, 3-4 times. Yeah right! They felt this and quit skating. One was asking price as if they were new, one was asking a price that
    was 1/3 of regular price, although they were like new. None of the skates on the market were superused like they had big fun in their life.
    I am looking forward to buying some
    SEBA FR1 80 or
    POWERSLIDE KAZE 80 (so far this looks like perfect for me, but if not, ill take a seba) - trinity mount looks like a winner.

Other skates that really caught my attention during my recent searches:
    Flying Eagle Drift
    Fila NRK NOS (these look awesome, but there are no reviews on them, no info, no hype, no love, nothing) They look like SEBA iGor almost but at half of the price ,but they are unknown)
    More expensive stuff:
    Powerslide Hardcore EVO 2.0 - awesome build, awesome reviews, awesome everything
    Powerslide TAU - top model from Powerslide.
    ADAPT HYPERSKATE GTO - handmade, superslick, super strong - best looking skates i have seen. These are very expensive,but they somehow look like a good collectible item.

Anyway from all the skates i've looked at these days, i would pick Powerslide Kaze, because the boot feels less bulkier than Seba FR1 80. However, if they do not fit me well, i will take SEBA FR1 80, black with yellow custom kit and yellow luminous
    wheels and start skating at night.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Gary R. Schmidt@21:1/5 to adriancpopa78@gmail.com on Sun Apr 16 11:45:40 2017
    On 16/04/2017 05:50, adriancpopa78@gmail.com wrote:
    I own a pair of k2 Il Capo 2012.
    In the store, when i bought them, they felt like a perfect fit, very comfortable, very tight. Then i went out with my kids and soon i started [SNIP]
    Anyway from all the skates i've looked at these days, i would pick Powerslide Kaze, because the boot feels less bulkier than Seba FR1 80. However, if they do not fit me well, i will take SEBA FR1 80, black with yellow custom kit and yellow luminous
    wheels and start skating at night.

Buying that first pair of skates is always a gamble, and if the shop you
    buy them at doesn't try hard to make you try every different skate, or
    give you time to really feel them out, you can end up with the wrong pair.

When I started skating, (on the white ice back in the early 1970s), I
    just dealt with the discomfort of boots that were tight, my first three
    or four pairs were second-hand, there was no way my family could afford
    brand new skates then, and in Australia in those days there wasn't a
    great deal of choice!

With very wide feet, I just got used to them being squashed by my
    skates, even when I could afford to purchase new, they weren't much better.

Fast-forward to the 1990s, still skating and I decide to get a set of
    in-lines, choosing the Rollerblade Aeroblades as being just what I want,
    not knowing that they were probably the narrowest boot in existence, but
    I just skated.

Now I have a pair of SEBA GT-90s that I use for beach cruising, and a
    pair of SEBA High Lights that I use for Slalom and refereeing Roller
    Derby. The GT-90s are more comfortable than the High Lights, which are
    just a bit too tight across the widest part of my left foot, but I don't
    wear them for hour after hour, like I do the GT-90s.

The FR-1s are a Slalom/Freestyle/Dance skate, they are definitely going
    to be on the chunky side, but that is all part of Seb's style, and to be expected.

The Powerslides are nice boots, a few of my friends have them with 110mm wheels, just so they can go faster :-)

The secret, IMNSHO, to buying skates is to try on every pair in the
    shop, even the ones you know you won't buy, and spend as long as
    possible moving around with them on so you get a real feel for them.

We may be lucky here in Melbourne, the two remaining skate shops both
    value customer service over quick sales, and are very happy to have
    customers spend all morning/afternoon/day deciding on their skates, but
    you may not have that luxury.

Whatever you choose, I hope you get to enjoy skating lots!

Cheers,
    Gary B-)

P.S. I still have the Aeros, and a pair of Roces LAX', and ...

--
    When men talk to their friends, they insult each other.
    They don't really mean it.
    When women talk to their friends, they compliment each other.
    They don't mean it either.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)