• Flat Feet=Pain.Help!!!

From headinfo@gmail.com@21:1/5 to maxhe...@clo.com on Sun May 17 07:05:46 2020
    On Sunday, 27 August 1995 10:00:00 UTC+3, maxhe...@clo.com wrote:
    For those that my have "flat Feet", inline skates can create a real
    pain in the foot (feet). I'm considering trying a foam type of insert
    to get some relief. It has been suggested that people with "flat
    feet" need more arch support that inline skates aren't set up to
    provide. If anyone has had the experience of pain associated with
    "flat feet" and blading and has found a solution PLEASE POST IT.

Thanks in advance on behalf of myself and the others.

Hi from 2020 :))) Are you still skating?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From headinfo@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Philip A Earnhardt on Sun May 17 07:07:27 2020
    On Tuesday, 29 August 1995 10:00:00 UTC+3, Philip A Earnhardt wrote:
    In article <41r048$hk2@cyberlink.clo.com>, <maxheadroom@clo.com> wrote:
    For those that my have "flat Feet", inline skates can create a real
    pain in the foot (feet). I'm considering trying a foam type of insert
    to get some relief. It has been suggested that people with "flat
    feet" need more arch support that inline skates aren't set up to
    provide. If anyone has had the experience of pain associated with
    "flat feet" and blading and has found a solution PLEASE POST IT.

Get orthotics!

You can go to a MD to get "prescription" guys. Specialty sporting goods stores
    (mostly ski shops) sell them, too. I got mine from Doc's in Boulder, Active Imprints is also a very good shop here.

The companies that manufacture the orthotics train the stores on molding/shaping/assembling the orthotics -- make sure you get someone who both
    has gotten that training and has lots of experience making them! Good shops usually have one person who does all this work. I haven't recommended particular brands; I believe that the fitter is much more important than the particular brand (and, right now, I don't recall my brand).

Take your skates in when you get fitted. Make certain that the fitter knows that you expect the orthotic to fit perfectly in the boot. Trimming down the orthotic for that fit is where a lot of the artistry comes into the manufacture. Your orthotic will probably be useful in a variety of shoes/boots/ski boots/etc., but you should be very certain that it works just right for your most important activity.

Talk with the fitter before buying. Tell him about your expectations and make certain that there's a good chance that the orthotic will meet them. After they're made, try 'em out. Be certain that they do what you want. A good shop will make minor adjustments on the product weeks or months after you buy it.

Ask around for good shops in your area.

Finally, orthotics are not only for people who have some obvious biomechanical
    problem; they are great for anyone who's on their skates a lot. I've had several 10-hour days this past month; I probalby wouldn't have made it without
    my orthotics.

--phil

Hi from 2020 :))) Are you still skating?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)