• Speedo Boycott: TYR to Market Bodysuits

From kspetersen71@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Larry Weisenthal on Wed Nov 6 18:35:05 2019
    On Wednesday, June 28, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, runnswim@aol.com (Larry Weisenthal) wrote:
    As part of the Speedo boycott, I've tried to survey suit manufacturers in the hopes of finding a major manufacturer who is NOT developing bodysuits.

When I previously called TYR, they said that their official position was that they would neither confirm or deny their plans in the bodysuit area.

At this weekend's Mission Viejo Swim Meet of Champions, Team TYR member Steve West (a close third to Grote and Wunderlich at the '96 Olympic Trials in the 200 breast) swam his races in a brand new TYR bodysuit. Hard to tell if it helped. He went 2:17, which is not all that bad for a meet at this stage of the
    season (and Steve is a 26 year old with a wife and a demanding full time computer job which limits his training).

Steve did affirm that it would take a lot more experience with the suit to determine the correct size (he thought that the suit he wore was a tad too small and may have limited his kick) and best style (length of legs, cut of top, etc.) and to determine whether or not it makes a big difference in his breaststroke.

To my knowledge, all of the "big 4" (Speedo, Adidas, Nike, TYR) have the suit.
    I still don't know about Arena. It looks like only the small manufacturers (TruWest, Dolphin, etc.) are sticking with traditional lycra in traditional cuts.

- Larry Weisenthal

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From kspetersen71@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Larry Weisenthal on Wed Nov 6 19:09:50 2019
    On Wednesday, June 28, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, runnswim@aol.com (Larry Weisenthal) wrote:
    As part of the Speedo boycott, I've tried to survey suit manufacturers in the hopes of finding a major manufacturer who is NOT developing bodysuits.

When I previously called TYR, they said that their official position was that they would neither confirm or deny their plans in the bodysuit area.

At this weekend's Mission Viejo Swim Meet of Champions, Team TYR member Steve West (a close third to Grote and Wunderlich at the '96 Olympic Trials in the 200 breast) swam his races in a brand new TYR bodysuit. Hard to tell if it helped. He went 2:17, which is not all that bad for a meet at this stage of the
    season (and Steve is a 26 year old with a wife and a demanding full time computer job which limits his training).

Steve did affirm that it would take a lot more experience with the suit to determine the correct size (he thought that the suit he wore was a tad too small and may have limited his kick) and best style (length of legs, cut of top, etc.) and to determine whether or not it makes a big difference in his breaststroke.

To my knowledge, all of the "big 4" (Speedo, Adidas, Nike, TYR) have the suit.
    I still don't know about Arena. It looks like only the small manufacturers (TruWest, Dolphin, etc.) are sticking with traditional lycra in traditional cuts.

- Larry Weisenthal

Larry, I have a medical question for you. My son was hit by a drunk driver for the second time in four years. First was in china, He had some serious injuries, but built himself back up enough to come back to the U.S. He had to have some rods taken after
    he got back. He has returned to go back to get his last degree. On the 2nd of November, he broadsided by another drunk driver. He was not hurt that bad just cuts and bruises. They to him to a hospital in Mesa Arizona. It was late at night when I tall to
    him he told me he okay. He would call me the following morning. I waited until after 11 for his call, I then called him expecting him to be home. He was still in the hospital, I was shocked when he told me they took a cat-scan and found a tumor in the
    frontal lobe. I am trying to find what percentage it could be cancerous. I am going out of my mind with worry. I've already lost a son, just want to know if you can give me some hope. Thank you Karen

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)