• Is this blind justice?

From *skriptis@21:1/5 to All on Thu Mar 14 21:53:58 2024
  • From Custos Custodum@21:1/5 to skriptis@post.t-com.hr on Fri Mar 15 12:22:24 2024
    On Thu, 14 Mar 2024 21:53:58 +0100 (GMT+01:00), *skriptis <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:

https://i.ibb.co/XYTkqXT/Sam-Melia-21st-century-British-justice-Sam-Melia-Paki-raped-12-year-old-girl.png

I would hope that justice in this case was indeed blind and the
    punishment fitted the crime. As usual, you and your racist buddies
    can't even get the facts straight. He isn't a "Paki" (his name looks
    Arabic to me, possibly North African). He wasn't convicted of raping
    anyone, and while he has avoided jail time for the present, he was
    handed down a 2-year suspended sentence which means that if he commits
    even the slightest infringement, such as failing to turn up for his
    community service without good reason, he will be frog-marched to
    prison toot sweet.

"Al-Soaimi, 21, of Denmark Street, Byker, Newcastle, was convicted of
    three counts of sexual assault and assault by penetration. He was
    sentenced to two years suspended for two years with 180 hours unpaid
    work." https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-grooming-gang-who-repeatedly-28734379

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to Custos Custodum on Fri Mar 15 13:54:47 2024
    Custos Custodum <me@privacy.net> Wrote in message:r
    On Thu, 14 Mar 2024 21:53:58 +0100 (GMT+01:00), *skriptis<skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:>https://i.ibb.co/XYTkqXT/Sam-Melia-21st-century-British-justice-Sam-Melia-Paki-raped-12-year-old-girl.pngI would hope that justice in this case was indeed blind
    and thepunishment fitted the crime. As usual, you and your racist buddiescan't even get the facts straight. He isn't a "Paki" (his name looksArabic to me, possibly North African). He wasn't convicted of rapinganyone, and while he has avoided jail time
    for the present, he washanded down a 2-year suspended sentence which means that if he commitseven the slightest infringement, such as failing to turn up for hiscommunity service without good reason, he will be frog-marched toprison toot sweet."Al-Soaimi,
    21, of Denmark Street, Byker, Newcastle, was convicted ofthree counts of sexual assault and assault by penetration. He wassentenced to two years suspended for two years with 180 hours unpaidwork."https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/
    newcastle-grooming-gang-who-repeatedly-28734379

Silly name calling achieves nothing
    --

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Custos Custodum@21:1/5 to skriptis@post.t-com.hr on Fri Mar 15 14:15:35 2024
    On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 13:54:47 +0100 (GMT+01:00), *skriptis <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:

On Thu, 14 Mar 2024 21:53:58 +0100 (GMT+01:00), *skriptis<skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:>https://i.ibb.co/XYTkqXT/Sam-Melia-21st-century-British-justice-Sam-Melia-Paki-raped-12-year-old-girl.pngI would hope that justice in this case was indeed blind
    and thepunishment fitted the crime. As usual, you and your racist buddiescan't even get the facts straight. He isn't a "Paki" (his name looksArabic to me, possibly North African). He wasn't convicted of rapinganyone, and while he has avoided jail time
    for the present, he washanded down a 2-year suspended sentence which means that if he commitseven the slightest infringement, such as failing to turn up for hiscommunity service without good reason, he will be frog-marched toprison toot sweet."Al-Soaimi,
    21, of Denmark Street, Byker, Newcastle, was convicted ofthree counts of sexual assault and assault by penetration. He wassentenced to two years suspended for two years with 180 hours
    unpaidwork."https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-grooming-gang-who-repeatedly-28734379

Silly name calling achieves nothing

So why did your racist buddies call the offender a "Paki", a term
    which is usually considered to be highly offensive in the UK nowadays?
    (Hint: I may have answered my own question.)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to Custos Custodum on Fri Mar 15 15:42:10 2024
    On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 13:54:47 +0100 (GMT+01:00), *skriptis<skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:>Custos Custodum <me@privacy.net> Wrote in message:r>> On Thu, 14 Mar 2024 21:53:58 +0100 (GMT+01:00), *skriptis<skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:>https://i.ibb.co/
    XYTkqXT/Sam-Melia-21st-century-British-justice-Sam-Melia-Paki-raped-12-year-old-girl.pngI would hope that justice in this case was indeed blind and thepunishment fitted the crime. As usual, you and your racist buddiescan't even get the facts straight. He
    isn't a "Paki" (his name looksArabic to me, possibly North African). He wasn't convicted of rapinganyone, and while he has avoided jail time for the present, he washanded down a 2-year suspended sentence which means that if he commitseven the slightest
    infringement, such as failing to turn up for hiscommunity service without good reason, he will be frog-marched toprison toot sweet."Al-Soaimi, 21, of Denmark Street, Byker, Newcastle, was convicted ofthree counts of sexual assault and assault by
    penetration. He wassentenced to two years suspended for two years with 180 hours>unpaidwork."https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-grooming-gang-who-repeatedly-28734379>>>>Silly name calling achieves nothingSo why did your racist
    buddies call the offender a "Paki", a termwhich is usually considered to be highly offensive in the UK nowadays?(Hint: I may have answered my own question.)

Who gives a shit what some "consider" offensive?

Is that your way to weasel out of discussions?

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Custos Custodum@21:1/5 to skriptis@post.t-com.hr on Fri Mar 15 15:56:50 2024
    On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 15:42:10 +0100 (GMT+01:00), *skriptis <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:

On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 13:54:47 +0100 (GMT+01:00), *skriptis<skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:>Custos Custodum <me@privacy.net> Wrote in message:r>> On Thu, 14 Mar 2024 21:53:58 +0100 (GMT+01:00), *skriptis<skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:>https://i.ibb.co/
    XYTkqXT/Sam-Melia-21st-century-British-justice-Sam-Melia-Paki-raped-12-year-old-girl.pngI would hope that justice in this case was indeed blind and thepunishment fitted the crime. As usual, you and your racist buddiescan't even get the facts straight. He
    isn't a "Paki" (his name looksArabic to me, possibly North African). He wasn't convicted of rapinganyone, and while he has avoided jail time for the present, he washanded down a 2-year suspended sentence which means that if he commitseven the slightest
    infringement, such as failing to turn up for hiscommunity service without good reason, he will be frog-marched toprison toot sweet."Al-Soaimi, 21, of Denmark Street, Byker, Newcastle, was convicted ofthree counts of sexual assault and
    assault by penetration. He wassentenced to two years suspended for two years with 180 hours>unpaidwork."https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-grooming-gang-who-repeatedly-28734379>>>>Silly name calling achieves nothingSo why did
    your racist buddies call the offender a "Paki", a termwhich is usually considered to be highly offensive in the UK nowadays?(Hint: I may have answered my own question.)

You might well shit yourself when you find the full weight of the law
    coming down on you for using the word offensively. Just like the other
    members of your rogue's gallery did when their racist behaviour was
    called out.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Pelle_Svansl=C3=B6s?=@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Fri Mar 15 19:23:30 2024
    On 15.3.2024 18.36, Sawfish wrote:
    On 3/15/24 8:56 AM, Custos Custodum wrote:
    On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 15:42:10 +0100 (GMT+01:00), *skriptis
    <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:

On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 13:54:47 +0100 (GMT+01:00),
    *skriptis<skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:>Custos Custodum
    <me@privacy.net> Wrote in message:r>> On Thu, 14 Mar 2024 21:53:58
    +0100 (GMT+01:00), *skriptis<skriptis@post.t-com.hr>
    wrote:>https://i.ibb.co/XYTkqXT/Sam-Melia-21st-century-British-justice-Sam-Melia-Paki-raped-12-year-old-girl.pngI would hope that justice in this case was indeed blind and thepunishment fitted the crime. As usual, you and your racist buddiescan't
    even get the facts straight. He isn't a "Paki" (his name looksArabic to me, possibly North African). He wasn't convicted of rapinganyone, and while he has avoided jail time for the present, he washanded down a 2-year suspended sentence which means that
    if he commitseven the slightest infringement, such as failing to turn up for hiscommunity service without good reason, he will be frog-marched toprison toot sweet."Al-Soaimi, 21, of Denmark Street, Byker, Newcastle, was convicted ofthree counts of sexual
    assault and
    assault by penetration. He wassentenced to two years suspended for
    two years with 180
    hours>unpaidwork."https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-grooming-gang-who-repeatedly-28734379>>>>Silly name calling achieves nothingSo why did your racist buddies call the offender a "Paki", a termwhich is usually considered
    to be highly offensive in the UK nowadays?(Hint: I may have answered my own question.)

You might well shit yourself when you find the full weight of the law
    coming down on you for using the word offensively. Just like the other
    members of your rogue's gallery did when their racist behaviour was
    called out.

I'm going to chime in here, cc, and it's a serious question that sounds
    like a purposeful provocation, but is not intended as such. It has to do
    with the term "racist" or "racism".

For a long time I just went along with the general trend from US college
    days in the late part of the civil rights era, that racism was maybe the greatest evil. This was uniformly taught in most of the US, maybe not
    all parts of the South, but the white South was heavily and negatively marginalized.In short, it was *expected* of them to be evil, having been rebels over the issue of slavery.

But then over time on the US west coast--pretty cosmopolitan--I met a
    lot of different people from different races, some US blacks, some East
    Asian nationals or or east asian decent; Indians, Pakistanis, and some Europeans. Folks from Mexico, too. And looking at it objectively over a
    long period, I realized that almost all of them (except maybe the
    Europeans), if the topic of race ever came up, would have to be
    considered more racist than I was taught to tolerate while growing up
    and going to school.

I then began to consider that this general response to the recognition
    of phenotype differences, and the reaction to them, might be the natural state for all mankind, with some variation in natural tolerance.

Further, if there's any accuracy in this, it implies that "racism"--the recognition that there are varied phenotypes and they are often very distinctive and unrelated to your own--is a basic natural human response.

I'd expand to say that in addition to this basic instinctive
    recognition, there is a learned overlay, and that is that your phenotype
    is better than another identifiable phenotype, and this may be closer to
    the "racism" that people object to, but unfortunately, I've also seen
    that in virtually every member of a different phenotype--East Asian, e.g.,--they *also* make the qualitative comparison of their own
    phenotype with others, and 9 times out of 10 they too feel that theirs
    is "better".

So, what to do? Can we emphasize sheer individual will power to deny the instinctive recognition of racial differences? Of supposed racial superiority?

Or do me simply make any expression of these noticed differences, public
    or private, unlawful? And if we take that route, how will it work if
    some, but not all, phenotypes are allowed to make these public
    expressions, but others are not? Does anyone actually think that this
    could work to the general good?

I'd welcome comments from anyone else who has serious thoughts on this.

This is a modern classic. The essentials of how to explain racism away
    are up there. The sad truth is that only racists need to explain racism
    away.

Nuff said.

--
    "And off they went, from here to there,
    The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair"
    -- Traditional

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to jdeluise on Sat Mar 16 18:53:17 2024
    jdeluise <jdeluise@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    Sawfish <sawfish666@gmail.com> writes:>> These are all diversions from the main topic, "what is racial> awareness and who does it affect", don't you think?>> We're doing a sort of dance around it, but this has been going on my> entire life and it would
    be great to just examine it directly, and in> the open, for a change.you think you'll find that here at rst?

He already did.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to jdeluise on Sat Mar 16 19:08:24 2024
    jdeluise <jdeluise@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
    Okay, so what's he complaining about?

Obsession over race sensitivity and anti-white racism in the west or particularly USA.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Sat Mar 16 20:00:46 2024
    Sawfish <sawfish666@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On 3/16/24 11:08 AM, *skriptis wrote:> jdeluise <jdeluise@gmail.com> Wrote in message:>> Okay, so what's he complaining about?>>> Obsession over race sensitivity and anti-white racism in the west or particularly USA.>>Basically I was trying to describe
    what I've seen evolve from about the late 50s to the present. It seems to have gone from one extreme to the other, ironically passing thru a phase where it seemed to me both black and white people were happier.But it was a foundational revelation to me
    to learn, in my 30s, that whites were not the only group to hold views that would be considered racist if whites expressed them. All these non-white "racists" were doing was noticing what was in front of their eyes, and perhaps commenting on it aloud,
    almost uniformly out of interest/curiosity. Common sense formerly governed these sorts of comments. I doubt we can rely on polite self-restraint any more, however.The comments were indeed more along the lines of Oprah's sweet potato pie vs pumpkin pie
    comments.I can recall among my wife's Asian friends and relatives in Hawaii, when I first met them, some of them had real questions about what I *could* eat and remain healthy or feel satisfied. I even heard a sort of pidgin-influenced question: "What
    kine haole you?" This was a sort of ice-breaker for the older folks. They were asking what European nationality I was. What else did they have to talk about?In group photos from that time I appear to be of an entirely different "species". No shit. Well
    over a foot taller than most of the older females, and seldom less than 8 inches taller than any of the males.It must have been as if a white "Karen" from Grosse Pointe had brought MIchael Jordan home to meet the folks.It was a very enlightening and
    unique perspective.-- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"I only trust statistics that I have falsified, myself."--Winston Churchill~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So did they like you more or less when they found out what kine haole you?

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05