• Re: OT: great examples of news stories designed to excite reflexive res

From *skriptis@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Fri Feb 23 22:58:19 2024
    Sawfish <sawfish666@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On 2/23/24 12:56 PM, *skriptis wrote:> Sawfish <sawfish666@gmail.com> Wrote in message:>> Two easy ones:1) Navalny's death2) the Alabama in vitro embryo decisionStart your consideration by asking: what the fuck difference in my life would either of
    these have made if I had never heard of them?Yet these will be milked to death to influence the easily impressionable voter here in the US.It could be different elsewhere, but here, to each of us?>>> I disagree.>>>>>>That's fine, skript. It could be that
    one or both are important to you in some way, so much so that you'd want to spend time/energy, but hopefully not money, on these issues.Again, me sitting in the Pacific Northwest of the US, the two I mentioned are less important than the noise from a
    passing airplane.-- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"Goodness could be found sometimes in the middle of hell."--Charles Bukowski~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me correct myself. I disagree with you but only partially. I skipped the part where I do agree with you.

Yes, those are topics that excite people and cause them to react emotionally. And politicians do milk it.

But I disagree with you that those are somehow "irrelevant" topics. Even if the topics kinda "bore" you, they're not irrelevant.

There's a causality.

In the same vein, you could say "how does it concern me if central bank starts printing money and handing it over to some other people. It's just paper, I don't care about their paper".

But you wouldn't say that, would you?

Because you know it would and you know how it would affect you. Ditto war against Russia and war against God, life and patriarchy (pro abortion) affect you, not just you in America, but whole world.

So I hope I've explained myself, those aren't topics that someone "chose to milk" because they're somehow convenient, those are the topics that are very important and that's why you get so much reaction from the people.

Sure you get same or similar reaction in somewhere else, similarly based on emotions, but really, you're wrong here if you think those two are irrelevant topics. It's not "Superbowl " or "Oscars".

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)