From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 15 22:46:55 2023
    Alcaraz vs Medvedev.
    Alcaraz must win to have a chance to reach the SF, so he got the
    motivation he wants :)
    If he wins and Zverev wins, then Zverev, Alcaraz and Medvedev
    will have two wins each, and only two can go to the
    SF.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Fri Nov 17 07:16:07 2023
    On Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 10:47:02 PM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    Alcaraz vs Medvedev.
    Alcaraz must win to have a chance to reach the SF, so he got the
    motivation he wants :)
    SF.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

And finally Alcaraz gets Djokovic as he wanted since he mentioned he practices only to face Djokovic :)
    Djokovic is the favorite of course with all his indoor experience, Runs should have done better :)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Fri Nov 17 07:26:41 2023
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 7:16:09 AM UTC-8, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    Alcaraz vs Medvedev.
    Alcaraz must win to have a chance to reach the SF, so he got the motivation he wants :)
    SF.

And finally Alcaraz gets Djokovic as he wanted since he mentioned he practices only to face Djokovic :)
    Djokovic is the favorite of course with all his indoor experience, Runs should have done better :)

People were talking after the USO loss as if Alcarez would never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny. :) Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic clash and hope it lives up to expectations. Even Court 1 will be able to watch, since this is the only
    matchup in all of tennisdom she finds worthy of her time.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Fri Nov 17 16:24:18 2023
    PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 10:47:02 PM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Alcaraz vs Medvedev. > Alcaraz must win to have a chance to reach the SF, so he got the > motivation he wants :) > If he wins and Zverev wins, then Zverev, Alcaraz and
    Medvedev > will have two wins each, and only two can go to the > SF. > > -- > > > ----Android NewsGroup Reader---- > https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.htmlAnd finally Alcaraz gets Djokovic as he wanted since he mentioned he
    practices only to face Djokovic :)Djokovic is the favorite of course with all his indoor experience, Runs should have done better :)

Alcaraz is such an amazing athlete and a student and quick to adapt that I'd say Djokovic has no advantage in terms of experience.

If Djokovic wins it will be because he's better.
    Has to serve great and return great, do that better than Alcaraz.

I know it's weird, but it's true.

Alcaraz complained the courts are too fast after his match vs Zverev, and in fact they are fast, it's the fastest tournament of the season, and already in his third match he dispatches big serving Medvedev 64 64.

Crazy how quickly he improves and adapts.

Btw I don't think Alcaraz complained and meant to say the courts shouldn't be this fast, he said something how he didn't expect it, and how he expected moderately fast surface for year end tournament to accommodate various players.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Fri Nov 17 11:47:35 2023
    Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 7:16:09AM UTC-8, PeteWasLucky wrote:> On Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 10:47:02PM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > Alcaraz vs Medvedev. > > Alcaraz must win to have a chance to reach the SF, so he got the > >
    motivation he wants :) > > If he wins and Zverev wins, then Zverev, Alcaraz and Medvedev > > will have two wins each, and only two can go to the > > SF. > And finally Alcaraz gets Djokovic as he wanted since he mentioned he practices only to face
    Djokovic :) > Djokovic is the favorite of course with all his indoor experience, Runs should have done better :)People were talking after the USO loss as if Alcarez would never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny. :) Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-
    Djokovic clash and hope it lives up to expectations. Even Court 1 will be able to watch, since this is the only matchup in all of tennisdom she finds worthy of her time.

Court will watch any one that can defeat the pipe cleaner even if
    that player is Boris wearing Rune's mother's eyelashes
    :)
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Shakes@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Fri Nov 17 13:24:46 2023
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:47:39 AM UTC-8, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    Gracchus <grac...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    People were talking after the USO loss as if Alcarez would never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny. :) Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic clash and hope it lives up to expectations. Even Court 1 will be able to watch, since this is the only

--
    Becker or Djok ? Oh man, very tough choice for Court_1 as to whom she dislikes more. But I think she would pick anybody over Becker. :)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Fri Nov 17 15:21:49 2023
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 10:26:44 AM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 7:16:09 AM UTC-8, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    Alcaraz vs Medvedev.
    Alcaraz must win to have a chance to reach the SF, so he got the motivation he wants :)
    SF.

🤔😁

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Shakes on Fri Nov 17 15:22:56 2023
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 4:24:49 PM UTC-5, Shakes wrote:

--
    Becker or Djok ? Oh man, very tough choice for Court_1 as to whom she dislikes more. But I think she would pick anybody over Becker. :)

I'd pick Djokovic over Becker every day and twice on Sunday. 😉

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to All on Fri Nov 17 15:34:42 2023
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:22:59 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote:
    People were talking after the USO loss as if Alcarez would never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny. :) Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic clash and hope it lives up to expectations. Even Court 1 will be able to watch, since this is the
    only matchup in all of tennisdom she finds worthy of her time.

--

So there it is--you finally admit it. I've always known you were secretly in love with Novak.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Fri Nov 17 15:51:06 2023
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 6:34:44 PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:
    People were talking after the USO loss as if Alcarez would never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny. :) Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic clash and hope it lives up to expectations. Even Court 1 will be able to watch, since this is the

--

So there it is--you finally admit it. I've always known you were secretly in love with Novak.

The question was which player do I despise more. The answer was easy: Boris!

The truth is I don't mind Djokovic. I've come to accept who he is or rather who he projects to the world that he is(we obviously don't know the real person.) I actually prefer him over Nadal these days. Nadal has been so passive aggressive lately with
    his bitter comments and the 20 years of injury BS from him is too much with his, "if I wasn't injured I would have won 82 slams!"

If you're listening Nadal: Stop with the BS excuses with regards to the slam race and how unimportant it suddenly is to you. In the past, you admitted that you wanted the slam race! You thought you'd slide easily into 1st place and you misjudged
    Djokovic but he's owned you off clay for a decade! So, stop with the passive aggressive comments and accept that he's better than you!

Gracchus, I think you've come to like Nadal more and dislike Djokovic more. I'm the opposite. I can't stand the fake humbleness from Nadal. He should just admit that he wanted to rip his rivals eyes out! At least Pipe Cleaner admits he wants every record
    and with that an implicit recognition that he wouldn't be content until he reached into Nadal and Federer's chest cavities and cut out their hearts.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Sat Nov 18 01:57:56 2023
    Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:51:08 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote:> On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 6:34:44 PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote: > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:22:59 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 4:24:49
    PM UTC-5, Shakes wrote: > > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:47:39 AM UTC-8, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > > > > Gracchus <grac...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r > > > > > >People were talking after the USO loss as if Alcarez would never beat Medvedev
    again. Pretty funny. :) Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic clash and hope it lives up to expectations. Even Court 1 will be able to watch, since this is the only matchup in all of tennisdom she finds worthy of her time. > > > > > > > > > > Court
    will watch any one that can defeat the pipe cleaner even if > > > > > that player is Boris wearing Rune's mother's eyelashes > > > > > :) > > > > > -- > > > > > > Becker or Djok ? Oh man, very tough choice for Court_1 as to whom she dislikes more. But I
    think she would pick anybody over Becker. :) > > > > > I'd pick Djokovic over Becker every day and twice on Sunday. 😉 > > So there it is--you finally admit it. I've always known you were secretly in love with Novak.> The question was which player do I
    despise more. The answer was easy: Boris! > > The truth is I don't mind Djokovic. I've come to accept who he is or rather who he projects to the world that he is(we obviously don't know the real person.) I actually prefer him over Nadal these days. Nadal
    has been so passive aggressive lately with his bitter comments and the 20 years of injury BS from him is too much with his, "if I wasn't injured I would have won 82 slams!" > > If you're listening Nadal: Stop with the BS excuses with regards to the slam
    race and how unimportant it suddenly is to you. In the past, you admitted that you wanted the slam race! You thought you'd slide easily into 1st place and you misjudged Djokovic but he's owned you off clay for a decade! So, stop with the passive
    aggressive comments and accept that he's better than you! > > Gracchus, I think you've come to like Nadal more and dislike Djokovic more. I'm the opposite. I can't stand the fake humbleness from Nadal. He should just admit that he wanted to rip his
    rivals eyes out! At least Pipe Cleaner admits he wants every record and with that an implicit recognition that he wouldn't be content until he reached into Nadal and Federer's chest cavities and cut out their hearts.I don't mind Djokovic wanting to win
    anything and everything or wanting to exceed everyone else in achievements. That's a quality I admire, especially since he has oodles of money and could be spending every day nightclubbing and enjoying orgies on his super yacht. Instead, he chooses to
    extend the rigors of touring and tuning an aging body for as long as possible to remain at the pinnacle.But for me, "the ear" is reason alone to want him to lose every match. He's the player who started "love me, love me more" with the crowds. The thin-
    skinned and forever needy one who taunts audience members for applauding opponents, and mocks outclassed opponents for simply trying to win. His persona carries over to his entourage's sleazy, thuggish vibe. And speaking of phoniness, him assuming the
    role of tour elder statesman and compassionate big brother--always *after* winning--is a joke. So the bottom line is, while I appreciate his accomplishments and quest for perfection, I'll never be a fan even if he ends up winning 30 slams. I think he'll
    have the edge in tomorrow's match, but I'm rooting for Alkie. You can cheer for the loathsome Serb if that's your preference. ;)

Yoo-hoo idiot, if anyone was ever gracious in defeat, it was Djokovic over the course of last 20 years, he's been probably the most gracious loser on tour, at least among high profile guys.

So him assuming the role of elder statesman is something that comes naturally, he's 36 years old and a living legend.

The ear, however is for racist fucktards like yourself.

The ones who cheer his double faults, which is not a tennis etiquette.

The ones who would have never written "loathsome Jew" but have no problems writing "loathsome Serb".

👂

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to All on Fri Nov 17 16:42:20 2023
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:51:08 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote:
    People were talking after the USO loss as if Alcarez would never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny. :) Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic clash and hope it lives up to expectations. Even Court 1 will be able to watch, since this is
    the only matchup in all of tennisdom she finds worthy of her time.

Court will watch any one that can defeat the pipe cleaner even if that player is Boris wearing Rune's mother's eyelashes
    --

The truth is I don't mind Djokovic. I've come to accept who he is or rather who he projects to the world that he is(we obviously don't know the real person.) I actually prefer him over Nadal these days. Nadal has been so passive aggressive lately with
    his bitter comments and the 20 years of injury BS from him is too much with his, "if I wasn't injured I would have won 82 slams!"

If you're listening Nadal: Stop with the BS excuses with regards to the slam race and how unimportant it suddenly is to you. In the past, you admitted that you wanted the slam race! You thought you'd slide easily into 1st place and you misjudged
    Djokovic but he's owned you off clay for a decade! So, stop with the passive aggressive comments and accept that he's better than you!

Gracchus, I think you've come to like Nadal more and dislike Djokovic more. I'm the opposite. I can't stand the fake humbleness from Nadal. He should just admit that he wanted to rip his rivals eyes out! At least Pipe Cleaner admits he wants every
    record and with that an implicit recognition that he wouldn't be content until he reached into Nadal and Federer's chest cavities and cut out their hearts.

I don't mind Djokovic wanting to win anything and everything or wanting to exceed everyone else in achievements. That's a quality I admire, especially since he has oodles of money and could be spending every day nightclubbing and enjoying orgies on his
    super yacht. Instead, he chooses to extend the rigors of touring and tuning an aging body for as long as possible to remain at the pinnacle.

But for me, "the ear" is reason alone to want him to lose every match. He's the player who started "love me, love me more" with the crowds. The thin-skinned and forever needy one who taunts audience members for applauding opponents, and mocks outclassed
    opponents for simply trying to win. His persona carries over to his entourage's sleazy, thuggish vibe. And speaking of phoniness, him assuming the role of tour elder statesman and compassionate big brother--always *after* winning--is a joke.

So the bottom line is, while I appreciate his accomplishments and quest for perfection, I'll never be a fan even if he ends up winning 30 slams. I think he'll have the edge in tomorrow's match, but I'm rooting for Alkie. You can cheer for the loathsome
    Serb if that's your preference. ;)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Scall5@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Fri Nov 17 21:08:29 2023
    On 11/17/2023 6:42 PM, Gracchus wrote:
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:47:39 AM UTC-8, PeteWasLucky wrote: >>>>>> Gracchus <grac...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r

--

The question was which player do I despise more. The answer was easy: Boris! >>

Gracchus, I think you've come to like Nadal more and dislike Djokovic more. I'm the opposite. I can't stand the fake humbleness from Nadal. He should just admit that he wanted to rip his rivals eyes out! At least Pipe Cleaner admits he wants every
    record and with that an implicit recognition that he wouldn't be content until he reached into Nadal and Federer's chest cavities and cut out their hearts.

I don't mind Djokovic wanting to win anything and everything or wanting to exceed everyone else in achievements. That's a quality I admire, especially since he has oodles of money and could be spending every day nightclubbing and enjoying orgies on his
    super yacht. Instead, he chooses to extend the rigors of touring and tuning an aging body for as long as possible to remain at the pinnacle.

But for me, "the ear" is reason alone to want him to lose every match. He's the player who started "love me, love me more" with the crowds. The thin-skinned and forever needy one who taunts audience members for applauding opponents, and mocks
    outclassed opponents for simply trying to win. His persona carries over to his entourage's sleazy, thuggish vibe. And speaking of phoniness, him assuming the role of tour elder statesman and compassionate big brother--always *after* winning--is a joke.

So the bottom line is, while I appreciate his accomplishments and quest for perfection, I'll never be a fan even if he ends up winning 30 slams. I think he'll have the edge in tomorrow's match, but I'm rooting for Alkie. You can cheer for the loathsome

"This is some GOOD shit" (reflections from the original 'Revenge of the
    Nerds' movie).

This is why I LOVE rst - posters like Court1 and Gracchus
    agreeing/disagreeing on subjects with great insight. Great reading!
    Amazing how many times I had a shitty day at work, came home, and rst
    made me smile (or laugh).
    --
    ---------------
    Scall5

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to olympia0000@yahoo.com on Fri Nov 17 23:06:36 2023
    Court_1 <olympia0000@yahoo.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 7:42:22PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:> On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:51:08PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 6:34:44PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote: > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:22:59PM
    UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 4:24:49PM UTC-5, Shakes wrote: > > > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:47:39AM UTC-8, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > > > > > Gracchus <grac...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r > > > > > > >People
    were talking after the USO loss as if Alcarez would never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny. :) Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic clash and hope it lives up to expectations. Even Court 1 will be able to watch, since this is the only matchup in
    all of tennisdom she finds worthy of her time. > > > > > > > > > > > > Court will watch any one that can defeat the pipe cleaner even if > > > > > > that player is Boris wearing Rune's mother's eyelashes > > > > > > :) > > > > > > -- > > > > > > > >
    Becker or Djok ? Oh man, very tough choice for Court_1 as to whom she dislikes more. But I think she would pick anybody over Becker. :) > > > > > > > I'd pick Djokovic over Becker every day and twice on Sunday.  > > > So there it is--you finally admit
    it. I've always known you were secretly in love with Novak. > > The question was which player do I despise more. The answer was easy: Boris! > > > > The truth is I don't mind Djokovic. I've come to accept who he is or rather who he projects to the world
    that he is(we obviously don't know the real person.) I actually prefer him over Nadal these days. Nadal has been so passive aggressive lately with his bitter comments and the 20 years of injury BS from him is too much with his, "if I wasn't injured I
    would have won 82 slams!" > > > > If you're listening Nadal: Stop with the BS excuses with regards to the slam race and how unimportant it suddenly is to you. In the past, you admitted that you wanted the slam race! You thought you'd slide easily into
    1st place and you misjudged Djokovic but he's owned you off clay for a decade! So, stop with the passive aggressive comments and accept that he's better than you! > > > > Gracchus, I think you've come to like Nadal more and dislike Djokovic more. I'm the
    opposite. I can't stand the fake humbleness from Nadal. He should just admit that he wanted to rip his rivals eyes out! At least Pipe Cleaner admits he wants every record and with that an implicit recognition that he wouldn't be content until he reached
    into Nadal and Federer's chest cavities and cut out their hearts.> I don't mind Djokovic wanting to win anything and everything or wanting to exceed everyone else in achievements. That's a quality I admire, especially since he has oodles of money and
    could be spending every day nightclubbing and enjoying orgies on his super yacht. Instead, he chooses to extend the rigors of touring and tuning an aging body for as long as possible to remain at the pinnacle. Re the nightclubbing and enjoying orgies, I
    doubt his ambitions preclude him from playing around. From what I understand, his reputation is legendary when it comes to enjoying the company of women not his wife(allegedly of course!)As for the general sentiment of your paragraph above, I agree 100%.
    It's amazing how disciplined he's been since 2011 and the most astounding part is he had to fend off the other two goats to do it. I guess that's a big part of what motivated him. > But for me, "the ear" is reason alone to want him to lose every match.
    He's the player who started "love me, love me more" with the crowds. The thin-skinned and forever needy one who taunts audience members for applauding opponents, and mocks outclassed opponents for simply trying to win. His persona carries over to his
    entourage's sleazy, thuggish vibe. And speaking of phoniness, him assuming the role of tour elder statesman and compassionate big brother--always *after* winning--is a joke. Yes, I agree. The thin-skinned Djokovic who has a pathological need to be loved
    has been nauseating. His camp is definitely sleazy(from his parents to Goran.) As for his phoniness, I think he had to try and temper himself as much as possible due to big sponsorships and also to respect Fedal who were more beloved by fans. I notice
    since Fedal have been absent and Djokovic has broken their records, he's letting more of his true nature and feelings come out. Nadal needs to follow Djokovic's lead in that respect. You didn't comment on your apparent shift from hating the clay pig and
    tolerating the thug Serb to accepting the clay pig and reviling the thug Serb! Don't you think some of Nadal's more recent comments about the goat race and his desire to lead the slam race have been ridiculous and extremely disingenuous? > So the bottom
    line is, while I appreciate his accomplishments and quest for perfection, I'll never be a fan even if he ends up winning 30 slams. I think he'll have the edge in tomorrow's match, but I'm rooting for Alkie. You can cheer for the loathsome Serb if that's
    your preference. ;)I'm not a fan either but I've accept

It seems you never got convinced when Gracchus confirmed to you
    his love and loyalty to Novak two months ago because your efforts
    to enlist him in your Jehovah's club never faded.
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Fri Nov 17 19:54:31 2023
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 7:42:22 PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:
    People were talking after the USO loss as if Alcarez would never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny. :) Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic clash and hope it lives up to expectations. Even Court 1 will be able to watch, since this is

Court will watch any one that can defeat the pipe cleaner even if that player is Boris wearing Rune's mother's eyelashes
    --

The truth is I don't mind Djokovic. I've come to accept who he is or rather who he projects to the world that he is(we obviously don't know the real person.) I actually prefer him over Nadal these days. Nadal has been so passive aggressive lately
    with his bitter comments and the 20 years of injury BS from him is too much with his, "if I wasn't injured I would have won 82 slams!"

Re the nightclubbing and enjoying orgies, I doubt his ambitions preclude him from playing around. From what I understand, his reputation is legendary when it comes to enjoying the company of women not his wife(allegedly of course!)

As for the general sentiment of your paragraph above, I agree 100%. It's amazing how disciplined he's been since 2011 and the most astounding part is he had to fend off the other two goats to do it. I guess that's a big part of what motivated him.

But for me, "the ear" is reason alone to want him to lose every match. He's the player who started "love me, love me more" with the crowds. The thin-skinned and forever needy one who taunts audience members for applauding opponents, and mocks
    outclassed opponents for simply trying to win. His persona carries over to his entourage's sleazy, thuggish vibe. And speaking of phoniness, him assuming the role of tour elder statesman and compassionate big brother--always *after* winning--is a joke.

Yes, I agree. The thin-skinned Djokovic who has a pathological need to be loved has been nauseating. His camp is definitely sleazy(from his parents to Goran.) As for his phoniness, I think he had to try and temper himself as much as possible due to big
    sponsorships and also to respect Fedal who were more beloved by fans. I notice since Fedal have been absent and Djokovic has broken their records, he's letting more of his true nature and feelings come out. Nadal needs to follow Djokovic's lead in that
    respect.

You didn't comment on your apparent shift from hating the clay pig and tolerating the thug Serb to accepting the clay pig and reviling the thug Serb! Don't you think some of Nadal's more recent comments about the goat race and his desire to lead the
    slam race have been ridiculous and extremely disingenuous?

I'm not a fan either but I've accepted the order of things. Two different things.

As for which players I want to win the tournament, it would be nice to see Alcaraz or Sinner winning it and if they do win it, perhaps they can then carry their winning ways vs Pipe Cleaner to the slams? I mean, how long do we have to wait? *rolls eyes*

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Scall5@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Fri Nov 17 21:16:02 2023
    On 11/17/2023 6:42 PM, Gracchus wrote:
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:47:39 AM UTC-8, PeteWasLucky wrote: >>>>>> Gracchus <grac...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r

--

The question was which player do I despise more. The answer was easy: Boris! >>

"This is some GOOD shit" (reflections from the original 'Revenge of the
    Nerds' movie).

This is why I LOVE rst - posters like Court1 and Gracchus
    agreeing/disagreeing on subjects with great insight. Great reading!
    Amazing how many times I had a shitty day at work, came home, and rst
    made me smile (or laugh).
    --
    ---------------
    Scall5

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Fri Nov 17 20:12:05 2023
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 11:06:41 PM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    Court_1 > Wrote in message:r
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 7:42:22 PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:> On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:51:08 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 6:34:44 PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote: > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:22:59 PM
    UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 4:24:49 PM UTC-5, Shakes wrote: > > > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:47:39 AM UTC-8, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > > > > > Gracchus <grac...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r > > > > > > >People
    were talking after the USO loss as if Alcarez would never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny. :) Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic clash and hope it lives up to expectations. Even Court 1 will be able to watch, since this is the only matchup in
    all of tennisdom she finds worthy of her time. > > > > > > > > > > > > Court will watch any one that can defeat the pipe cleaner even if > > > > > > that player is Boris wearing Rune's mother's eyelashes > > > > > > :) > > > > > > -- > > > > > > > >
    Becker or Djok ? Oh man, very tough choice for Court_1 as to whom she dislikes more. But I think she would pick anybody over Becker. :) > > > > > > > I'd pick Djokovic over Becker every day and twice on Sunday. > > > So there it is--you finally admit it.
    I've always known you were secretly in love with Novak. > > The question was which player do I despise more. The answer was easy: Boris! > > > > The truth is I don't mind Djokovic. I've come to accept who he is or rather who he projects to the world that
    he is(we obviously don't know the real person.) I actually prefer him over Nadal these days. Nadal has been so passive aggressive lately with his bitter comments and the 20 years of injury BS from him is too much with his, "if I wasn't injured I would
    have won 82 slams!" > > > > If you're listening Nadal: Stop with the BS excuses with regards to the slam race and how unimportant it suddenly is to you. In the past, you admitted that you wanted the slam race! You thought you'd slide easily into 1st
    place and you misjudged Djokovic but he's owned you off clay for a decade! So, stop with the passive aggressive comments and accept that he's better than you! > > > > Gracchus, I think you've come to like Nadal more and dislike Djokovic more. I'm the
    opposite. I can't stand the fake humbleness from Nadal. He should just admit that he wanted to rip his rivals eyes out! At least Pipe Cleaner admits he wants every record and with that an implicit recognition that he wouldn't be content until he reached
    into Nadal and Federer's chest cavities and cut out their hearts.> I don't mind Djokovic wanting to win anything and everything or wanting to exceed everyone else in achievements. That's a quality I admire, especially since he has oodles of money and
    could be spending every day nightclubbing and enjoying orgies on his super yacht. Instead, he chooses to extend the rigors of touring and tuning an aging body for as long as possible to remain at the pinnacle. Re the nightclubbing and enjoying orgies, I
    doubt his ambitions preclude him from playing around. From what I understand, his reputation is legendary when it comes to enjoying the company of women not his wife(allegedly of course!)As for the general sentiment of your paragraph above, I agree 100%.
    It's amazing how disciplined he's been since 2011 and the most astounding part is he had to fend off the other two goats to do it. I guess that's a big part of what motivated him. > But for me, "the ear" is reason alone to want him to lose every match.
    He's the player who started "love me, love me more" with the crowds. The thin-skinned and forever needy one who taunts audience members for applauding opponents, and mocks outclassed opponents for simply trying to win. His persona carries over to his
    entourage's sleazy, thuggish vibe. And speaking of phoniness, him assuming the role of tour elder statesman and compassionate big brother--always *after* winning--is a joke. Yes, I agree. The thin-skinned Djokovic who has a pathological need to be loved
    has been nauseating. His camp is definitely sleazy(from his parents to Goran.) As for his phoniness, I think he had to try and temper himself as much as possible due to big sponsorships and also to respect Fedal who were more beloved by fans. I notice
    since Fedal have been absent and Djokovic has broken their records, he's letting more of his true nature and feelings come out. Nadal needs to follow Djokovic's lead in that respect. You didn't comment on your apparent shift from hating the clay pig and
    tolerating the thug Serb to accepting the clay pig and reviling the thug Serb! Don't you think some of Nadal's more recent comments about the goat race and his desire to lead the slam race have been ridiculous and extremely disingenuous? > So the bottom
    line is, while I appreciate his accomplishments and quest for perfection, I'll never be a fan even if he ends up winning 30 slams. I think he'll have the edge in tomorrow's match, but I'm rooting for Alkie. You can cheer for the loathsome Serb if that's
    your preference. ;)I'm not a fan either but I've accepted the order of things. Two different things.As for which players I want to win the tournament, it would be nice to see Alcaraz or Sinner winning it and if they do win it, perhaps they can then carry
    their winning ways vs Pipe Cleaner to the slams? I mean, how long do we have to wait? *rolls eyes*

It seems you never got convinced when Gracchus confirmed to you
    his love and loyalty to Novak two months ago because your efforts
    to enlist him in your Jehovah's club never faded.

When did Gracchus confirm his love and loyalty to Novak? He did nothing of the sort.

I just find it interesting that he absolutely despised Nadal for years and didn't have much of a problem with Novak. Now it seems the reverse has occurred. But that's part of life. We grow and change our opinions with the passage of time.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to olympia0000@yahoo.com on Sat Nov 18 01:01:50 2023
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 11:06:41PM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 > Wrote in message:r > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 7:42:22 PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:> On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:51:08 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > On Friday,
    November 17, 2023 at 6:34:44 PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote: > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:22:59 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 4:24:49 PM UTC-5, Shakes wrote: > > > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:47:39 AM UTC-
    8, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > > > > > Gracchus <grac...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r > > > > > > >People were talking after the USO loss as if Alcarez would never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny. :) Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic clash and
    hope it lives up to expectations. Even Court 1 will be able to watch, since this is the only matchup in all of tennisdom she finds worthy of her time. > > > > > > > > > > > > Court will watch any one that can defeat the pipe cleaner even if > > > > > >
    that player is Boris wearing Rune's mother's eyelashes > > > > > > :) > > > > > > -- > > > > > > > > Becker or Djok ? Oh man, very tough choice for Court_1 as to whom she dislikes more. But I think she would pick anybody over Becker. :) > > > > > > > I'd
    pick Djokovic over Becker every day and twice on Sunday. > > > So there it is--you finally admit it. I've always known you were secretly in love with Novak. > > The question was which player do I despise more. The answer was easy: Boris! > > > > The
    truth is I don't mind Djokovic. I've come to accept who he is or rather who he projects to the world that he is(we obviously don't know the real person.) I actually prefer him over Nadal these days. Nadal has been so passive aggressive lately with his
    bitter comments and the 20 years of injury BS from him is too much with his, "if I wasn't injured I would have won 82 slams!" > > > > If you're listening Nadal: Stop with the BS excuses with regards to the slam race and how unimportant it suddenly is to
    you. In the past, you admitted that you wanted the slam race! You thought you'd slide easily into 1st place and you misjudged Djokovic but he's owned you off clay for a decade! So, stop with the passive aggressive comments and accept that he's better
    than you! > > > > Gracchus, I think you've come to like Nadal more and dislike Djokovic more. I'm the opposite. I can't stand the fake humbleness from Nadal. He should just admit that he wanted to rip his rivals eyes out! At least Pipe Cleaner admits he
    wants every record and with that an implicit recognition that he wouldn't be content until he reached into Nadal and Federer's chest cavities and cut out their hearts.> I don't mind Djokovic wanting to win anything and everything or wanting to exceed
    everyone else in achievements. That's a quality I admire, especially since he has oodles of money and could be spending every day nightclubbing and enjoying orgies on his super yacht. Instead, he chooses to extend the rigors of touring and tuning an
    aging body for as long as possible to remain at the pinnacle. Re the nightclubbing and enjoying orgies, I doubt his ambitions preclude him from playing around. From what I understand, his reputation is legendary when it comes to enjoying the company of
    women not his wife(allegedly of course!)As for the general sentiment of your paragraph above, I agree 100%. It's amazing how disciplined he's been since 2011 and the most astounding part is he had to fend off the other two goats to do it. I guess that's
    a big part of what motivated him. > But for me, "the ear" is reason alone to want him to lose every match. He's the player who started "love me, love me more" with the crowds. The thin-skinned and forever needy one who taunts audience members for
    applauding opponents, and mocks outclassed opponents for simply trying to win. His persona carries over to his entourage's sleazy, thuggish vibe. And speaking of phoniness, him assuming the role of tour elder statesman and compassionate big brother--
    always *after* winning--is a joke. Yes, I agree. The thin-skinned Djokovic who has a pathological need to be loved has been nauseating. His camp is definitely sleazy(from his parents to Goran.) As for his phoniness, I think he had to try and temper
    himself as much as possible due to big sponsorships and also to respect Fedal who were more beloved by fans. I notice since Fedal have been absent and Djokovic has broken their records, he's letting more of his true nature and feelings come out. Nadal
    needs to follow Djokovic's lead in that respect. You didn't comment on your apparent shift from hating the clay pig and tolerating the thug Serb to accepting the clay pig and reviling the thug Serb! Don't you think some of Nadal's more recent comments
    about the goat race and his desire to lead the slam race have been ridiculous and extremely disingenuous? > So the bottom line is, while I appreciate his accomplishments and quest for perfection, I'll never be a fan even if he ends up winning 30 slams. I
    think he'll have the edge in tomorrow's match, but I'm rooting for Alkie.

Hilarious :)
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to olympia0000@yahoo.com on Sat Nov 18 01:37:01 2023
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 6:34:44PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:> On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:22:59PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 4:24:49PM UTC-5, Shakes wrote: > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:47:39AM UTC-
    8, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > > > Gracchus <grac...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r > > > > >People were talking after the USO loss as if Alcarez would never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny. :) Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic clash and hope it
    lives up to expectations. Even Court 1 will be able to watch, since this is the only matchup in all of tennisdom she finds worthy of her time. > > > > > > > > Court will watch any one that can defeat the pipe cleaner even if > > > > that player is Boris
    wearing Rune's mother's eyelashes > > > > :) > > > > -- > > > > Becker or Djok ? Oh man, very tough choice for Court_1 as to whom she dislikes more. But I think she would pick anybody over Becker. :) > > > I'd pick Djokovic over Becker every day and
    twice on Sunday. > So there it is--you finally admit it. I've always known you were secretly in love with Novak.The question was which player do I despise more. The answer was easy: Boris! The truth is I don't mind Djokovic. I've come to accept who he
    is or rather who he projects to the world that he is(we obviously don't know the real person.) I actually prefer him over Nadal these days. Nadal has been so passive aggressive lately with his bitter comments and the 20 years of injury BS from him is
    too much with his, "if I wasn't injured I would have won 82 slams!" If you're listening Nadal: Stop with the BS excuses with regards to the slam race and how unimportant it suddenly is to you. In the past, you admitted that you wanted the slam race! You
    thought you'd slide easily into 1st place and you misjudged Djokovic but he's owned you off clay for a decade! So, stop with the passive aggressive comments and accept that he's better than you! Gracchus, I think you've come to like Nadal more and
    dislike Djokovic more. I'm the opposite. I can't stand the fake humbleness from Nadal. He should just admit that he wanted to rip his rivals eyes out! At least Pipe Cleaner admits he wants every record and with that an implicit recognition that he wouldn'
    t be content until he reached into Nadal and Federer's chest cavities and cut out their hearts.

How many times did Nadal produce what you describe as BS excuses?
    I have seen only one interview where he was asked certain
    questions and he answered that Djokovic wanted the GOAT title
    more than him. Was there other occasions that he talked about
    this?

Honestly, it makes sense to say nothing even if he felt he needed
    to say something to avoid criticism like yours.

But the question is why isn't it possible that he could be telling
    the truth about himself and in the same time describing the real
    Novak as he has been sharing a career with him?

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Sat Nov 18 08:49:52 2023
    Court_1 <olympia0000@yahoo.com> Wrote in message:r> On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 6:34:44PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:> On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:22:59PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 4:24:49PM UTC-5, Shakes wrote: >
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:47:39AM UTC-8, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > > > Gracchus <grac...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r > > > > >People were talking after the USO loss as if Alcarez would never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny. :) Looking
    forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic clash and hope it lives up to expectations. Even Court 1 will be able to watch, since this is the only matchup in all of tennisdom she finds worthy of her time. > > > > > > > > Court will watch any one that can defeat
    the pipe cleaner even if > > > > that player is Boris wearing Rune's mother's eyelashes > > > > :) > > > > -- > > > > Becker or Djok ? Oh man, very tough choice for Court_1 as to whom she dislikes more. But I think she would pick anybody over Becker. :) >
    I'd pick Djokovic over Becker every day and twice on Sunday. > So there it is--you finally admit it. I've always known you were secretly in love with Novak.The question was which player do I despise more. The answer was easy: Boris! The truth is I
    don't mind Djokovic. I've come to accept who he is or rather who he projects to the world that he is(we obviously don't know the real person.) I actually prefer him over Nadal these days. Nadal has been so passive aggressive lately with his bitter
    comments and the 20 years of injury BS from him is too much with his, "if I wasn't injured I would have won 82 slams!" If you're listening Nadal: Stop with the BS excuses with regards to the slam race and how unimportant it suddenly is to you. In the
    past, you admitted that you wanted the slam race! You thought you'd slide easily into 1st place and you misjudged Djokovic but he's owned you off clay for a decade! So, stop with the passive aggressive comments and accept that he's better than you!
    Gracchus, I think you've come to like Nadal more and dislike Djokovic more. I'm the opposite. I can't stand the fake humbleness from Nadal. He should just admit that he wanted to rip his rivals eyes out! At least Pipe Cleaner admits he wants every record
    and with that an implicit recognition that he wouldn't be content until he reached into Nadal and Federer's chest cavities and cut out their hearts. How many times did Nadal produce what you describe as BS excuses?I have seen only one interview where he
    was asked certain questions and he answered that Djokovic wanted the GOAT title more than him. Was there other occasions that he talked about this?Honestly, it makes sense to say nothing even if he felt he needed to say something to avoid criticism like
    yours.But the question is why isn't it possible that he could be telling the truth about himself and in the same time describing the real Novak as he has been sharing a career with him?-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.
    amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

Nadal can speak (accurately) about Djokovic's motivation and state of mind same way I can talk about what's in your head.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Pelle_Svansl=C3=B6s?=@21:1/5 to All on Sat Nov 18 14:43:41 2023
    T24gMTguMTEuMjAyMyA5LjQ5LCAqc2tyaXB0aXMgd3JvdGU6DQo+IFBldGVXYXNMdWNreSA8 d2FsZWVkLmtoZWRyQGdtYWlsLmNvbT4gV3JvdGUgaW4gbWVzc2FnZTpyDQo+PiBDb3VydF8x IDxvbHltcGlhMDAwMEB5YWhvby5jb20+IFdyb3RlIGluIG1lc3NhZ2U6cj4gT24gRnJpZGF5 LCBOb3ZlbWJlciAxNywgMjAyMyBhdCA2OjM0OjQ0GlBNIFVUQy01LCBHcmFjY2h1cyB3cm90 ZTo+IE9uIEZyaWRheSwgTm92ZW1iZXIgMTcsIDIwMjMgYXQgMzoyMjo1ORpQTSBVVEMtOCwg Q291cnRfMSB3cm90ZTogPiA+IE9uIEZyaWRheSwgTm92ZW1iZXIgMTcsIDIwMjMgYXQgNDoy NDo0ORpQTSBVVEMtNSwgU2hha2VzIHdyb3RlOiA+ID4gPiBPbiBGcmlkYXksIE5vdmVtYmVy IDE3LCAyMDIzIGF0IDg6NDc6MzkaQU0gVVRDLTgsIFBldGVXYXNMdWNreSB3cm90ZTogPiA+ ID4gPiBHcmFjY2h1cyA8Z3JhYy4uLkBnbWFpbC5jb20+IFdyb3RlIGluIG1lc3NhZ2U6ciA+ ID4gPiA+ID5QZW9wbGUgd2VyZSB0YWxraW5nIGFmdGVyIHRoZSBVU08gbG9zcyBhcyBpZiBB bGNhcmV6IHdvdWxkIG5ldmVyIGJlYXQgTWVkdmVkZXYgYWdhaW4uIFByZXR0eSBmdW5ueS4g OikgTG9va2luZyBmb3J3YXJkIG5vdyB0byB0aGUgQWxjYXJhei1Eam9rb3ZpYyBjbGFzaCBh bmQgaG9wZSBpdCBsaXZlcyB1cCB0byBleHBlY3RhdGlvbnMuIEV2ZW4gQ291cnQgMSB3aWxs IGJlIGFibGUgdG8gd2F0Y2gsIHNpbmNlIHRoaXMgaXMgdGhlIG9ubHkgbWF0Y2h1cCBpbiBh bGwgb2YgdGVubmlzZG9tIHNoZSBmaW5kcyB3b3J0aHkgb2YgaGVyIHRpbWUuID4gPiA+ID4g PiA+ID4gPiBDb3VydCB3aWxsIHdhdGNoIGFueSBvbmUgdGhhdCBjYW4gZGVmZWF0IHRoZSBw aXBlIGNsZWFuZXIgZXZlbiBpZiA+ID4gPiA+IHRoYXQgcGxheWVyIGlzIEJvcmlzIHdlYXJp bmcgUnVuZSdzIG1vdGhlcidzIGV5ZWxhc2hlcyA+ID4gPiA+IDopID4gPiA+ID4gLS0gPiA+ ID4gPiBCZWNrZXIgb3IgRGpvayA/IE9oIG1hbiwgdmVyeSB0b3VnaCBjaG9pY2UgZm9yIENv dXJ0XzEgYXMgdG8gd2hvbSBzaGUgZGlzbGlrZXMgbW9yZS4gQnV0IEkgdGhpbmsgc2hlIHdv dWxkIHBpY2sgYW55Ym9keSBvdmVyIEJlY2tlci4gOikgPiA+ID4gSSdkIHBpY2sgRGpva292 aWMgb3ZlciBCZWNrZXIgZXZlcnkgZGF5IGFuZCB0d2ljZSBvbiBTdW5kYXkuIBo+IFNvIHRo ZXJlIGl0IGlzLS15b3UgZmluYWxseSBhZG1pdCBpdC4gSSd2ZSBhbHdheXMga25vd24geW91 IHdlcmUgc2VjcmV0bHkgaW4gbG92ZSB3aXRoIE5vdmFrLlRoZSBxdWVzdGlvbiB3YXMgd2hp Y2ggcGxheWVyIGRvIEkgZGVzcGlzZSBtb3JlLiBUaGUgYW5zd2VyIHdhcyBlYXN5OiBCb3Jp cyEgVGhlIHRydXRoIGlzIEkgZG9uJ3QgbWluZCBEam9rb3ZpYy4gSSd2ZSBjb21lIHRvIGFj Y2VwdCB3aG8gaGUgaXMgb3IgcmF0aGVyIHdobyBoZSBwcm9qZWN0cyB0byB0aGUgd29ybGQg dGhhdCBoZSBpcyh3ZSBvYnZpb3VzbHkgZG9uJ3Qga25vdyB0aGUgcmVhbCBwZXJzb24uKSAg SSBhY3R1YWxseSBwcmVmZXIgaGltIG92ZXIgTmFkYWwgdGhlc2UgZGF5cy4gTmFkYWwgaGFz IGJlZW4gc28gcGFzc2l2ZSBhZ2dyZXNzaXZlIGxhdGVseSB3aXRoIGhpcyBiaXR0ZXIgY29t bWVudHMgYW5kIHRoZSAyMCB5ZWFycyBvZiBpbmp1cnkgQlMgZnJvbSBoaW0gaXMgdG9vIG11 Y2ggd2l0aCBoaXMsICJpZiBJIHdhc24ndCBpbmp1cmVkIEkgd291bGQgaGF2ZSB3b24gODIg c2xhbXMhIiBJZiB5b3UncmUgbGlzdGVuaW5nIE5hZGFsOiAgU3RvcCB3aXRoIHRoZSBCUyBl eGN1c2VzIHdpdGggcmVnYXJkcyB0byB0aGUgc2xhbSByYWNlIGFuZCBob3cgdW5pbXBvcnRh bnQgaXQgc3VkZGVubHkgaXMgdG8geW91LiBJbiB0aGUgcGFzdCwgeW91IGFkbWl0dGVkIHRo YXQgeW91IHdhbnRlZCB0aGUgc2xhbSByYWNlISBZb3UgdGhvdWdodCB5b3UnZCBzbGlkZSBl YXNpbHkgaW50byAxc3QgcGxhY2UgYW5kIHlvdSBtaXNqdWRnZWQgRGpva292aWMgYnV0IGhl J3Mgb3duZWQgeW91IG9mZiBjbGF5IGZvciBhIGRlY2FkZSEgU28sIHN0b3Agd2l0aCB0aGUg cGFzc2l2ZSBhZ2dyZXNzaXZlIGNvbW1lbnRzIGFuZCBhY2NlcHQgdGhhdCBoZSdzIGJldHRl ciB0aGFuIHlvdSEgICBHcmFjY2h1cywgSSB0aGluayB5b3UndmUgY29tZSB0byBsaWtlIE5h ZGFsIG1vcmUgYW5kIGRpc2xpa2UgRGpva292aWMgbW9yZS4gSSdtIHRoZSBvcHBvc2l0ZS4g SSBjYW4ndCBzdGFuZCB0aGUgZmFrZSBodW1ibGVuZXNzIGZyb20gTmFkYWwuIEhlIHNob3Vs ZCBqdXN0IGFkbWl0IHRoYXQgaGUgd2FudGVkIHRvIHJpcCBoaXMgcml2YWxzIGV5ZXMgb3V0 ISBBdCBsZWFzdCBQaXBlIENsZWFuZXIgYWRtaXRzIGhlIHdhbnRzIGV2ZXJ5IHJlY29yZCBh bmQgd2l0aCB0aGF0IGFuIGltcGxpY2l0IHJlY29nbml0aW9uIHRoYXQgaGUgd291bGRuJ3Qg YmUgY29udGVudCB1bnRpbCBoZSByZWFjaGVkIGludG8gTmFkYWwgYW5kIEZlZGVyZXIncyBj aGVzdCBjYXZpdGllcyBhbmQgY3V0IG91dCB0aGVpciBoZWFydHMuICBIb3cgbWFueSB0aW1l cyBkaWQgTmFkYWwgcHJvZHVjZSB3aGF0IHlvdSBkZXNjcmliZSBhcyBCUyBleGN1c2VzP0kg aGF2ZSBzZWVuIG9ubHkgb25lIGludGVydmlldyB3aGVyZSBoZSB3YXMgYXNrZWQgY2VydGFp biBxdWVzdGlvbnMgYW5kIGhlIGFuc3dlcmVkIHRoYXQgRGpva292aWMgd2FudGVkIHRoZSBH T0FUIHRpdGxlIG1vcmUgdGhhbiBoaW0uIFdhcyB0aGVyZSBvdGhlciBvY2Nhc2lvbnMgdGhh dCBoZSB0YWxrZWQgYWJvdXQgdGhpcz9Ib25lc3RseSwgaXQgbWFrZXMgc2Vuc2UgdG8gc2F5 IG5vdGhpbmcgZXZlbiBpZiBoZSBmZWx0IGhlIG5lZWRlZCB0byBzYXkgc29tZXRoaW5nIHRv IGF2b2lkIGNyaXRpY2lzbSBsaWtlIHlvdXJzLkJ1dCB0aGUgcXVlc3Rpb24gaXMgd2h5IGlz bid0IGl0IHBvc3NpYmxlIHRoYXQgaGUgY291bGQgYmUgdGVsbGluZyB0aGUgdHJ1dGggYWJv dXQgaGltc2VsZiBhbmQgaW4gdGhlIHNhbWUgdGltZSBkZXNjcmliaW5nIHRoZSByZWFsIE5v dmFrIGFzIGhlIGhhcyBiZWVuIHNoYXJpbmcgYSBjYXJlZXIgd2l0aCBoaW0/LS0gLS0tLUFu ZHJvaWQgTmV3c0dyb3VwIFJlYWRlci0tLS1odHRwczovL3BpYW9ob25nLnMzLXVzLXdlc3Qt Mi5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL3VzZW5ldC9pbmRleC5odG1sDQo+IA0KPiANCj4gTmFkYWwgY2Fu IHNwZWFrIChhY2N1cmF0ZWx5KSBhYm91dCBEam9rb3ZpYydzIG1vdGl2YXRpb24gYW5kIHN0 YXRlIG9mIG1pbmQgc2FtZSB3YXkgSSBjYW4gdGFsayBhYm91dCB3aGF0J3MgaW4geW91ciBo ZWFkLg0KDQpJIHRoaW5rIHRoZXkgd291bGQgYm90aCwgRmVkIHRvbywgc2VsbCB0aGVpciBt b3RoZXJzIGZvciB0aGUgc2xhbSByYWNlLiANCldoeSBiZWF0IGFib3V0IHRoZSBidXNoLiBS YWZhJ3MgY29tbWVudHMgYWJvdXQgaGltIG5vdCB0YWtpbmcgaXQgYXMgDQpzZXJpb3VzbHkg YXMgRGpvayBpcywgc21hY2tzIG9mIG1ha2luZyBleGN1c2VzLg0KDQpKdXN0IGdldCBhIGNv dXBsZSBvZiBuZXcgbXkgcGlsbG93cywgYSBuZXcgZG9nLCBhbmQgZ2V0IG92ZXIgaXQuIEZl ZCANCmdyZXcgdXAgYXMgaGUgZ290IG9sZGVyLCBSYWZhIGdyZXcgc2hvcnRlci4NCg0KLS0g DQoiQW5kIG9mZiB0aGV5IHdlbnQsIGZyb20gaGVyZSB0byB0aGVyZSwNClRoZSBiZWFyLCB0 aGUgYmVhciwgYW5kIHRoZSBtYWlkZW4gZmFpciINCi0tIFRyYWRpdGlvbmFsDQoNCg==

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Sat Nov 18 13:40:14 2023
    On Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 1:01:56 AM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    Court_1> Wrote in message:r
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 11:06:41 PM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 > Wrote in message:r > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 7:42:22 PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:> On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:51:08 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > On Friday,
    November 17, 2023 at 6:34:44 PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote: > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:22:59 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 4:24:49 PM UTC-5, Shakes wrote: > > > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:47:39 AM
    UTC-8, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > > > > > Gracchus <grac...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r > > > > > > >People were talking after the USO loss as if Alcarez would never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny. :) Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic clash
    and hope it lives up to expectations. Even Court 1 will be able to watch, since this is the only matchup in all of tennisdom she finds worthy of her time. > > > > > > > > > > > > Court will watch any one that can defeat the pipe cleaner even if > > > > >
    that player is Boris wearing Rune's mother's eyelashes > > > > > > :) > > > > > > -- > > > > > > > > Becker or Djok ? Oh man, very tough choice for Court_1 as to whom she dislikes more. But I think she would pick anybody over Becker. :) > > > > > > > I'
    d pick Djokovic over Becker every day and twice on Sunday. > > > So there it is--you finally admit it. I've always known you were secretly in love with Novak. > > The question was which player do I despise more. The answer was easy: Boris! > > > > The
    truth is I don't mind Djokovic. I've come to accept who he is or rather who he projects to the world that he is(we obviously don't know the real person.) I actually prefer him over Nadal these days. Nadal has been so passive aggressive lately with his
    bitter comments and the 20 years of injury BS from him is too much with his, "if I wasn't injured I would have won 82 slams!" > > > > If you're listening Nadal: Stop with the BS excuses with regards to the slam race and how unimportant it suddenly is to
    you. In the past, you admitted that you wanted the slam race! You thought you'd slide easily into 1st place and you misjudged Djokovic but he's owned you off clay for a decade! So, stop with the passive aggressive comments and accept that he's better
    than you! > > > > Gracchus, I think you've come to like Nadal more and dislike Djokovic more. I'm the opposite. I can't stand the fake humbleness from Nadal. He should just admit that he wanted to rip his rivals eyes out! At least Pipe Cleaner admits he
    wants every record and with that an implicit recognition that he wouldn't be content until he reached into Nadal and Federer's chest cavities and cut out their hearts.> I don't mind Djokovic wanting to win anything and everything or wanting to exceed
    everyone else in achievements. That's a quality I admire, especially since he has oodles of money and could be spending every day nightclubbing and enjoying orgies on his super yacht. Instead, he chooses to extend the rigors of touring and tuning an
    aging body for as long as possible to remain at the pinnacle. Re the nightclubbing and enjoying orgies, I doubt his ambitions preclude him from playing around. From what I understand, his reputation is legendary when it comes to enjoying the company of
    women not his wife(allegedly of course!)As for the general sentiment of your paragraph above, I agree 100%. It's amazing how disciplined he's been since 2011 and the most astounding part is he had to fend off the other two goats to do it. I guess that's
    a big part of what motivated him. > But for me, "the ear" is reason alone to want him to lose every match. He's the player who started "love me, love me more" with the crowds. The thin-skinned and forever needy one who taunts audience members for
    applauding opponents, and mocks outclassed opponents for simply trying to win. His persona carries over to his entourage's sleazy, thuggish vibe. And speaking of phoniness, him assuming the role of tour elder statesman and compassionate big brother--
    always *after* winning--is a joke. Yes, I agree. The thin-skinned Djokovic who has a pathological need to be loved has been nauseating. His camp is definitely sleazy(from his parents to Goran.) As for his phoniness, I think he had to try and temper
    himself as much as possible due to big sponsorships and also to respect Fedal who were more beloved by fans. I notice since Fedal have been absent and Djokovic has broken their records, he's letting more of his true nature and feelings come out. Nadal
    needs to follow Djokovic's lead in that respect. You didn't comment on your apparent shift from hating the clay pig and tolerating the thug Serb to accepting the clay pig and reviling the thug Serb! Don't you think some of Nadal's more recent comments
    about the goat race and his desire to lead the slam race have been ridiculous and extremely disingenuous? > So the bottom line is, while I appreciate his accomplishments and quest for perfection, I'll never be a fan even if he ends up winning 30 slams. I
    think he'll have the edge in tomorrow's match, but I'm rooting for Alkie. You can cheer for the loathsome Serb if that's your preference. ;)I'm not a fan either but I've accepted the order of things. Two different things.As for which players I want to
    win the tournament, it would be nice to see Alcaraz or Sinner winning it and if they do win it, perhaps they can then carry their winning ways vs Pipe Cleaner to the slams? I mean, how long do we have to wait? *rolls eyes* > > It seems you never got
    convinced when Gracchus confirmed to you > his love and loyalty to Novak two months ago because your efforts > to enlist him in your Jehovah's club never faded.When did Gracchus confirm his love and loyalty to Novak? He did nothing of the sort.I just
    find it interesting that he absolutely despised Nadal for years and didn't have much of a problem with Novak. Now it seems the reverse has occurred. But that's part of life. We grow and change our opinions with the passage of time.

It's the truth. We change our opinions about things as new facts come in. You can't continue to have an outdated opinion about something when new credible evidence comes forward. We need to continue to evolve.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Sat Nov 18 13:54:12 2023
    On Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 1:37:09 AM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    Court_1 Wrote in message:r
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 6:34:44 PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:> On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:22:59 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 4:24:49 PM UTC-5, Shakes wrote: > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:47:39 AM
    UTC-8, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > > > Gracchus <grac...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r > > > > >People were talking after the USO loss as if Alcarez would never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny. :) Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic clash and hope
    it lives up to expectations. Even Court 1 will be able to watch, since this is the only matchup in all of tennisdom she finds worthy of her time. > > > > > > > > Court will watch any one that can defeat the pipe cleaner even if > > > > that player is
    Boris wearing Rune's mother's eyelashes > > > > :) > > > > -- > > > > Becker or Djok ? Oh man, very tough choice for Court_1 as to whom she dislikes more. But I think she would pick anybody over Becker. :) > > > I'd pick Djokovic over Becker every day
    and twice on Sunday. > So there it is--you finally admit it. I've always known you were secretly in love with Novak.The question was which player do I despise more. The answer was easy: Boris! The truth is I don't mind Djokovic. I've come to accept who
    he is or rather who he projects to the world that he is(we obviously don't know the real person.) I actually prefer him over Nadal these days. Nadal has been so passive aggressive lately with his bitter comments and the 20 years of injury BS from him is
    too much with his, "if I wasn't injured I would have won 82 slams!" If you're listening Nadal: Stop with the BS excuses with regards to the slam race and how unimportant it suddenly is to you. In the past, you admitted that you wanted the slam race! You
    thought you'd slide easily into 1st place and you misjudged Djokovic but he's owned you off clay for a decade! So, stop with the passive aggressive comments and accept that he's better than you! Gracchus, I think you've come to like Nadal more and
    dislike Djokovic more. I'm the opposite. I can't stand the fake humbleness from Nadal. He should just admit that he wanted to rip his rivals eyes out! At least Pipe Cleaner admits he wants every record and with that an implicit recognition that he wouldn'
    t be content until he reached into Nadal and Federer's chest cavities and cut out their hearts.

How many times did Nadal produce what you describe as BS excuses?

Nadal has used his injury excuses throughout his career. Are you serious?

I have seen only one interview where he was asked certain
    questions and he answered that Djokovic wanted the GOAT title
    more than him. Was there other occasions that he talked about
    this?

Well, you're not keeping up. There have been multiple occasions where Nadal got his digs in and claimed only Djokovic was obsessed with the slam race. Of course Djokovic is obsessed with the slam race. Why else would he get out of bed and train everyday
    like a madman? However, Nadal and Federer were also obsessed with the slam race. Nadal has said numerous times in the past that he wanted to win the slam race. He never had this sour grapes mentality when he was well ahead of Djokovic in their head to
    head, did he? Nope, then it was all lovey-dovey. Now that he's been Djokovic's pet poodle project off clay for a decade, he sings a different tune. It just comes off as sour grapes to me.

Before Federer retired, he had Rolex do that awful commercial where it said numbers weren't everything. That was a bad judgement call as well IMO. Look, these guys are rivals and they all wanted to win the slam race. Nadal thought he had the sole key to
    the kingdom but he was mistaken and now his comments just come off as resentment.

Honestly, it makes sense to say nothing even if he felt he needed
    to say something to avoid criticism like yours.

But the question is why isn't it possible that he could be telling
    the truth about himself and in the same time describing the real
    Novak as he has been sharing a career with him?

He's not telling the truth though as he stated in no uncertain terms many times in the past that he wanted the slam record. But, he and his PR team created the humble guy persona for Nadal. He was following the script well but the mask has slipped off a
    few times especially in the past few years.

Whether or not Djokovic is Adolf Hitler the second or not is of no consequence really. It doesn't matter if the Big Three despise each other. When one player has surpassed the others, saying anything other than "too good" comes off poorly IMO.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to olympia0000@yahoo.com on Sat Nov 18 18:06:41 2023
    On Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 1:01:56AM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1> Wrote in message:r > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 11:06:41 PM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 > Wrote in message:r > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 7:42:22 PM
    UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:> On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:51:08 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 6:34:44 PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote: > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:22:59 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > > > On Friday,
    November 17, 2023 at 4:24:49 PM UTC-5, Shakes wrote: > > > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:47:39 AM UTC-8, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > > > > > Gracchus <grac...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r > > > > > > >People were talking after the USO loss as if
    Alcarez would never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny. :) Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic clash and hope it lives up to expectations. Even Court 1 will be able to watch, since this is the only matchup in all of tennisdom she finds worthy of
    her time. > > > > > > > > > > > > Court will watch any one that can defeat the pipe cleaner even if > > > > > > that player is Boris wearing Rune's mother's eyelashes > > > > > > :) > > > > > > -- > > > > > > > > Becker or Djok ? Oh man, very tough
    choice for Court_1 as to whom she dislikes more. But I think she would pick anybody over Becker. :) > > > > > > > I'd pick Djokovic over Becker every day and twice on Sunday. > > > So there it is--you finally admit it. I've always known you were secretly
    in love with Novak. > > The question was which player do I despise more. The answer was easy: Boris! > > > > The truth is I don't mind Djokovic. I've come to accept who he is or rather who he projects to the world that he is(we obviously don't know the
    real person.) I actually prefer him over Nadal these days. Nadal has been so passive aggressive lately with his bitter comments and the 20 years of injury BS from him is too much with his, "if I wasn't injured I would have won 82 slams!" > > > > If you'
    re listening Nadal: Stop with the BS excuses with regards to the slam race and how unimportant it suddenly is to you. In the past, you admitted that you wanted the slam race! You thought you'd slide easily into 1st place and you misjudged Djokovic but he'
    s owned you off clay for a decade! So, stop with the passive aggressive comments and accept that he's better than you! > > > > Gracchus, I think you've come to like Nadal more and dislike Djokovic more. I'm the opposite. I can't stand the fake humbleness
    from Nadal. He should just admit that he wanted to rip his rivals eyes out! At least Pipe Cleaner admits he wants every record and with that an implicit recognition that he wouldn't be content until he reached into Nadal and Federer's chest cavities and
    cut out their hearts.> I don't mind Djokovic wanting to win anything and everything or wanting to exceed everyone else in achievements. That's a quality I admire, especially since he has oodles of money and could be spending every day nightclubbing and
    enjoying orgies on his super yacht. Instead, he chooses to extend the rigors of touring and tuning an aging body for as long as possible to remain at the pinnacle. Re the nightclubbing and enjoying orgies, I doubt his ambitions preclude him from playing
    around. From what I understand, his reputation is legendary when it comes to enjoying the company of women not his wife(allegedly of course!)As for the general sentiment of your paragraph above, I agree 100%. It's amazing how disciplined he's been since
    2011 and the most astounding part is he had to fend off the other two goats to do it. I guess that's a big part of what motivated him. > But for me, "the ear" is reason alone to want him to lose every match. He's the player who started "love me, love me
    more" with the crowds. The thin-skinned and forever needy one who taunts audience members for applauding opponents, and mocks outclassed opponents for simply trying to win. His persona carries over to his entourage's sleazy, thuggish vibe. And speaking
    of phoniness, him assuming the role of tour elder statesman and compassionate big brother--always *after* winning--is a joke. Yes, I agree. The thin-skinned Djokovic who has a pathological need to be loved has been nauseating. His camp is definitely
    sleazy(from his parents to Goran.) As for his phoniness, I think he had to try and temper himself as much as possible due to big sponsorships and also to respect Fedal who were more beloved by fans. I notice since Fedal have been absent and Djokovic has
    broken their records, he's letting more of his true nature and feelings come out. Nadal needs to follow Djokovic's lead in that respect. You didn't comment on your apparent shift from hating the clay pig and tolerating the thug Serb to accepting the clay
    pig and reviling the thug Serb! Don't you think some of Nadal's more recent comments about the goat race and his desire to lead the slam race have been ridiculous and extremely disingenuous? > So the bottom line is, while I appreciate his accomplishments
    and quest for perfection, I'll never be a fan even if

Okay, you don't even know what the joke is all about :)
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to olympia0000@yahoo.com on Sat Nov 18 18:16:54 2023
    On Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 1:37:09AM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 Wrote in message:r> > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 6:34:44 PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:> On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:22:59 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > On Friday,
    November 17, 2023 at 4:24:49 PM UTC-5, Shakes wrote: > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:47:39 AM UTC-8, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > > > Gracchus <grac...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r > > > > >People were talking after the USO loss as if Alcarez would
    never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny. :) Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic clash and hope it lives up to expectations. Even Court 1 will be able to watch, since this is the only matchup in all of tennisdom she finds worthy of her time. > > >
    Court will watch any one that can defeat the pipe cleaner even if > > > > that player is Boris wearing Rune's mother's eyelashes > > > > :) > > > > -- > > > > Becker or Djok ? Oh man, very tough choice for Court_1 as to whom she dislikes more.
    But I think she would pick anybody over Becker. :) > > > I'd pick Djokovic over Becker every day and twice on Sunday. > So there it is--you finally admit it. I've always known you were secretly in love with Novak.The question was which player do I
    despise more. The answer was easy: Boris! The truth is I don't mind Djokovic. I've come to accept who he is or rather who he projects to the world that he is(we obviously don't know the real person.) I actually prefer him over Nadal these days. Nadal has
    been so passive aggressive lately with his bitter comments and the 20 years of injury BS from him is too much with his, "if I wasn't injured I would have won 82 slams!" If you're listening Nadal: Stop with the BS excuses with regards to the slam race and
    how unimportant it suddenly is to you. In the past, you admitted that you wanted the slam race! You thought you'd slide easily into 1st place and you misjudged Djokovic but he's owned you off clay for a decade! So, stop with the passive aggressive
    comments and accept that he's better than you! Gracchus, I think you've come to like Nadal more and dislike Djokovic more. I'm the opposite. I can't stand the fake humbleness from Nadal. He should just admit that he wanted to rip his rivals eyes out! At
    least Pipe Cleaner admits he wants every record and with that an implicit recognition that he wouldn't be content until he reached into Nadal and Federer's chest cavities and cut out their hearts. > How many times did Nadal produce what you describe as
    BS excuses? Nadal has used his injury excuses throughout his career. Are you serious?> I have seen only one interview where he was asked certain > questions and he answered that Djokovic wanted the GOAT title > more than him. Was there other occasions
    that he talked about > this? Well, you're not keeping up. There have been multiple occasions where Nadal got his digs in and claimed only Djokovic was obsessed with the slam race. Of course Djokovic is obsessed with the slam race. Why else would he get
    out of bed and train everyday like a madman? However, Nadal and Federer were also obsessed with the slam race. Nadal has said numerous times in the past that he wanted to win the slam race. He never had this sour grapes mentality when he was well ahead
    of Djokovic in their head to head, did he? Nope, then it was all lovey-dovey. Now that he's been Djokovic's pet poodle project off clay for a decade, he sings a different tune. It just comes off as sour grapes to me.Before Federer retired, he had Rolex
    do that awful commercial where it said numbers weren't everything. That was a bad judgement call as well IMO. Look, these guys are rivals and they all wanted to win the slam race. Nadal thought he had the sole key to the kingdom but he was mistaken and
    now his comments just come off as resentment. > Honestly, it makes sense to say nothing even if he felt he needed > to say something to avoid criticism like yours. > > But the question is why isn't it possible that he could be telling > the truth about
    himself and in the same time describing the real > Novak as he has been sharing a career with him?He's not telling the truth though as he stated in no uncertain terms many times in the past that he wanted the slam record. But, he and his PR team created
    the humble guy persona for Nadal. He was following the script well but the mask has slipped off a few times especially in the past few years.Whether or not Djokovic is Adolf Hitler the second or not is of no consequence really. It doesn't matter if the
    Big Three despise each other. When one player has surpassed the others, saying anything other than "too good" comes off poorly IMO.

Every player wants to win the slam race, but the amount of
    obsession and sacrifices that they want to put to achieve this
    goal is what Nadal was talking about.

You are so fascinated by the transformation you have had when you
    concluded that Djokovic is absolutely better than everyone else,
    and you view this transformation as something magical that has to
    be documented and recognized as the absolute truth and everyone
    should believe in this holy book while you are the messenger for
    the new cult that is punishing anyone that doesn't agree with
    you.

Does this seem right?
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Sun Nov 19 01:03:05 2023
    PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
    Every player wants to win the slam race...

Yeah, the fans too. E.g. I too would love to win the slam race.

but the amount of obsession and sacrifices that they want to put to achieve this goal is what Nadal was talking about.

Obsession is a bad word for focus. Why don't you say Djokovic is focused?

And what are Djokovic's sacrifices?

Family?
    He had kids first time in 2014, Nadal in 2022.
    So who postponed having family to the near end of his career?

Body and injuries?
    Djokovic wasted nearly 2 years by dealing with issues before opting for a minor surgery because he's unwilling to mess with his body. Right or wrong he was rather conservative in his approach. Obsessed man would do stuff sooner.

He was also willing to forego slam chase altogether if the price was bodily submission to pharmaceutical mafia. Remember that?

Does that not prove he was not (as) obsessed with slam race and has had other, even higher ideals and motivations? Whether you agree with them or not he proved slams come 2nd to him at least in that situation so you can tone it down with "obsession".

Meanwhile Nadal has long history of doing all sorts of procedures to come back to tennis and on court, to solve injuries and that's considered heroics, I agree it is, but think for a moment who's risking his health, pushing his body and who should be
    considered more obsessed of the two if anyone?

I told you, it's sour grapes to try to comment what Nadal tried. He's not the one to explain "Djokovic's mind" to us. He can talk about himself and that's it.

He gains nothing.

You are so fascinated by the transformation you have had when you concluded that Djokovic is absolutely better than everyone else, and you view this transformation as something magical that has to be documented and recognized as the absolute truth and
    everyone should believe in this holy book while you are the messenger for the new cult that is punishing anyone that doesn't agree with you.Does this seem right?

The margins are thin between the big three, but he's preserved his body better than them, won couple of close matches vs them, and so he has reaped rewards in terms of winning more slams.

Just like tennis scoring, e.g. 51% points won is not much of a difference but it gives you solid 64 64 win, rather comfortable on scoreboard.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to All on Sun Nov 19 14:42:26 2023
    On 19/11/2023 11:03 am, *skriptis wrote:

but the amount of obsession and sacrifices that they want to put to achieve this goal is what Nadal was talking about.

Family?

Body and injuries?
    Djokovic wasted nearly 2 years by dealing with issues before opting for a minor surgery because he's unwilling to mess with his body. Right or wrong he was rather conservative in his approach. Obsessed man would do stuff sooner.

He was also willing to forego slam chase altogether if the price was bodily submission to pharmaceutical mafia. Remember that?

Does that not prove he was not (as) obsessed with slam race and has had other, even higher ideals and motivations? Whether you agree with them or not he proved slams come 2nd to him at least in that situation so you can tone it down with "obsession".

Meanwhile Nadal has long history of doing all sorts of procedures to come back to tennis and on court, to solve injuries and that's considered heroics, I agree it is, but think for a moment who's risking his health, pushing his body and who should be

I told you, it's sour grapes to try to comment what Nadal tried. He's not the one to explain "Djokovic's mind" to us. He can talk about himself and that's it.

He gains nothing.

You are so fascinated by the transformation you have had when you concluded that Djokovic is absolutely better than everyone else, and you view this transformation as something magical that has to be documented and recognized as the absolute truth and
    everyone should believe in this holy book while you are the messenger for the new cult that is punishing anyone that doesn't agree with you.Does this seem right?

The margins are thin between the big three, but he's preserved his body better than them, won couple of close matches vs them, and so he has reaped rewards in terms of winning more slams.

Just like tennis scoring, e.g. 51% points won is not much of a difference but it gives you solid 64 64 win, rather comfortable on scoreboard.

Yes well said. We all have our biases but they need to be put to one
    side when repeating evidence comes in. I personally had Novak 3rd in
    the big 3 about 10 yrs ago, then 2nd for a long time behind Rafa. Now
    when you look at him playing better than ever you just have to give up
    the arguments. I know PWL thinks players are past peak at 26 to give
    Federer some arguing points, but that's clearly not true when it comes
    to a sport like tennis where the brain is a bigger deciding factor than physicality. Novak is not as fast or flexible or durable as he was 10
    yrs ago, but he's so much stronger in other areas/intangibles (eg his
    serve is a much bigger weapon these days, and comes to net a lot more)
    that he's a better tennis player overall. He knows exactly what he has
    to do to maximize his chances of beating all types of opponents. He
    knows which points are critical and which not so much. Younger guys
    don't know this, or at least nowhere near to his level. The only time
    I've seen him unable to focus on the point at hand and unlock what's
    required is the 2021 USO final, and that was simply due to the
    overwhelming mental strain of trying to win the calendar slam - his mind
    was racing/pumping and he just couldn't put that distraction to 1 side.
    Look how freely he played v the same opponent 2 yrs later in recent USO
    final.

So yeah not much we can argue with, he'll prob be winning a slam at age

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Sat Nov 18 21:14:14 2023
    On Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 6:06:46 PM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    Court_1 < Wrote in message:r
    On Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 1:01:56 AM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1> Wrote in message:r > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 11:06:41 PM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 > Wrote in message:r > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 7:42:22
    PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:> On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:51:08 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 6:34:44 PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote: > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:22:59 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > > > On Friday,
    November 17, 2023 at 4:24:49 PM UTC-5, Shakes wrote: > > > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:47:39 AM UTC-8, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > > > > > Gracchus <grac...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r > > > > > > >People were talking after the USO loss as if
    Alcarez would never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny. :) Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic clash and hope it lives up to expectations. Even Court 1 will be able to watch, since this is the only matchup in all of tennisdom she finds worthy of
    her time. > > > > > > > > > > > > Court will watch any one that can defeat the pipe cleaner even if > > > > > > that player is Boris wearing Rune's mother's eyelashes > > > > > > :) > > > > > > -- > > > > > > > > Becker or Djok ? Oh man, very tough
    choice for Court_1 as to whom she dislikes more. But I think she would pick anybody over Becker. :) > > > > > > > I'd pick Djokovic over Becker every day and twice on Sunday. > > > So there it is--you finally admit it. I've always known you were secretly
    in love with Novak. > > The question was which player do I despise more. The answer was easy: Boris! > > > > The truth is I don't mind Djokovic. I've come to accept who he is or rather who he projects to the world that he is(we obviously don't know the
    real person.) I actually prefer him over Nadal these days. Nadal has been so passive aggressive lately with his bitter comments and the 20 years of injury BS from him is too much with his, "if I wasn't injured I would have won 82 slams!" > > > > If you'
    re listening Nadal: Stop with the BS excuses with regards to the slam race and how unimportant it suddenly is to you. In the past, you admitted that you wanted the slam race! You thought you'd slide easily into 1st place and you misjudged Djokovic but he'
    s owned you off clay for a decade! So, stop with the passive aggressive comments and accept that he's better than you! > > > > Gracchus, I think you've come to like Nadal more and dislike Djokovic more. I'm the opposite. I can't stand the fake humbleness
    from Nadal. He should just admit that he wanted to rip his rivals eyes out! At least Pipe Cleaner admits he wants every record and with that an implicit recognition that he wouldn't be content until he reached into Nadal and Federer's chest cavities and
    cut out their hearts.> I don't mind Djokovic wanting to win anything and everything or wanting to exceed everyone else in achievements. That's a quality I admire, especially since he has oodles of money and could be spending every day nightclubbing and
    enjoying orgies on his super yacht. Instead, he chooses to extend the rigors of touring and tuning an aging body for as long as possible to remain at the pinnacle. Re the nightclubbing and enjoying orgies, I doubt his ambitions preclude him from playing
    around. From what I understand, his reputation is legendary when it comes to enjoying the company of women not his wife(allegedly of course!)As for the general sentiment of your paragraph above, I agree 100%. It's amazing how disciplined he's been since
    2011 and the most astounding part is he had to fend off the other two goats to do it. I guess that's a big part of what motivated him. > But for me, "the ear" is reason alone to want him to lose every match. He's the player who started "love me, love me
    more" with the crowds. The thin-skinned and forever needy one who taunts audience members for applauding opponents, and mocks outclassed opponents for simply trying to win. His persona carries over to his entourage's sleazy, thuggish vibe. And speaking
    of phoniness, him assuming the role of tour elder statesman and compassionate big brother--always *after* winning--is a joke. Yes, I agree. The thin-skinned Djokovic who has a pathological need to be loved has been nauseating. His camp is definitely
    sleazy(from his parents to Goran.) As for his phoniness, I think he had to try and temper himself as much as possible due to big sponsorships and also to respect Fedal who were more beloved by fans. I notice since Fedal have been absent and Djokovic has
    broken their records, he's letting more of his true nature and feelings come out. Nadal needs to follow Djokovic's lead in that respect. You didn't comment on your apparent shift from hating the clay pig and tolerating the thug Serb to accepting the clay
    pig and reviling the thug Serb! Don't you think some of Nadal's more recent comments about the goat race and his desire to lead the slam race have been ridiculous and extremely disingenuous? > So the bottom line is, while I appreciate his accomplishments
    and quest for perfection, I'll never be a fan even if he ends up winning 30 slams. I think he'll have the edge in tomorrow's match, but I'm rooting for Alkie. You can cheer for the loathsome Serb if that's your preference. ;)I'm not a fan either but I've
    accepted the order of things. Two different things.As for which players I want to win the tournament, it would be nice to see Alcaraz or Sinner winning it and if they do win it, perhaps they can then carry their winning ways vs Pipe Cleaner to the slams?
    I mean, how long do we have to wait? *rolls eyes* > > It seems you never got convinced when Gracchus confirmed to you > his love and loyalty to Novak two months ago because your efforts > to enlist him in your Jehovah's club never faded.When did Gracchus
    confirm his love and loyalty to Novak? He did nothing of the sort.I just find it interesting that he absolutely despised Nadal for years and didn't have much of a problem with Novak. Now it seems the reverse has occurred. But that's part of life. We grow
    and change our opinions with the passage of time. > > Hilarious :)It's the truth. We change our opinions about things as new facts come in. You can't continue to have an outdated opinion about something when new credible evidence comes forward. We need
    to continue to evolve.

Okay, you don't even know what the joke is all about :)

No, no idea and don't care.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Sat Nov 18 21:23:15 2023
    On Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 6:17:00 PM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    Court Wrote in message:r
    On Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 1:37:09 AM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 Wrote in message:r> > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 6:34:44 PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:> On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:22:59 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > On Friday,
    November 17, 2023 at 4:24:49 PM UTC-5, Shakes wrote: > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:47:39 AM UTC-8, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > > > Gracchus <grac...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r > > > > >People were talking after the USO loss as if Alcarez would
    never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny. :) Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic clash and hope it lives up to expectations. Even Court 1 will be able to watch, since this is the only matchup in all of tennisdom she finds worthy of her time. > > >
    Court will watch any one that can defeat the pipe cleaner even if > > > > that player is Boris wearing Rune's mother's eyelashes > > > > :) > > > > -- > > > > Becker or Djok ? Oh man, very tough choice for Court_1 as to whom she dislikes more.
    But I think she would pick anybody over Becker. :) > > > I'd pick Djokovic over Becker every day and twice on Sunday. > So there it is--you finally admit it. I've always known you were secretly in love with Novak.The question was which player do I
    despise more. The answer was easy: Boris! The truth is I don't mind Djokovic. I've come to accept who he is or rather who he projects to the world that he is(we obviously don't know the real person.) I actually prefer him over Nadal these days. Nadal has
    been so passive aggressive lately with his bitter comments and the 20 years of injury BS from him is too much with his, "if I wasn't injured I would have won 82 slams!" If you're listening Nadal: Stop with the BS excuses with regards to the slam race and
    how unimportant it suddenly is to you. In the past, you admitted that you wanted the slam race! You thought you'd slide easily into 1st place and you misjudged Djokovic but he's owned you off clay for a decade! So, stop with the passive aggressive
    comments and accept that he's better than you! Gracchus, I think you've come to like Nadal more and dislike Djokovic more. I'm the opposite. I can't stand the fake humbleness from Nadal. He should just admit that he wanted to rip his rivals eyes out! At
    least Pipe Cleaner admits he wants every record and with that an implicit recognition that he wouldn't be content until he reached into Nadal and Federer's chest cavities and cut out their hearts. > How many times did Nadal produce what you describe as
    BS excuses? Nadal has used his injury excuses throughout his career. Are you serious?> I have seen only one interview where he was asked certain > questions and he answered that Djokovic wanted the GOAT title > more than him. Was there other occasions
    that he talked about > this? Well, you're not keeping up. There have been multiple occasions where Nadal got his digs in and claimed only Djokovic was obsessed with the slam race. Of course Djokovic is obsessed with the slam race. Why else would he get
    out of bed and train everyday like a madman? However, Nadal and Federer were also obsessed with the slam race. Nadal has said numerous times in the past that he wanted to win the slam race. He never had this sour grapes mentality when he was well ahead
    of Djokovic in their head to head, did he? Nope, then it was all lovey-dovey. Now that he's been Djokovic's pet poodle project off clay for a decade, he sings a different tune. It just comes off as sour grapes to me.Before Federer retired, he had Rolex
    do that awful commercial where it said numbers weren't everything. That was a bad judgement call as well IMO. Look, these guys are rivals and they all wanted to win the slam race. Nadal thought he had the sole key to the kingdom but he was mistaken and
    now his comments just come off as resentment. > Honestly, it makes sense to say nothing even if he felt he needed > to say something to avoid criticism like yours. > > But the question is why isn't it possible that he could be telling > the truth about
    himself and in the same time describing the real > Novak as he has been sharing a career with him?He's not telling the truth though as he stated in no uncertain terms many times in the past that he wanted the slam record. But, he and his PR team created
    the humble guy persona for Nadal. He was following the script well but the mask has slipped off a few times especially in the past few years.Whether or not Djokovic is Adolf Hitler the second or not is of no consequence really. It doesn't matter if the
    Big Three despise each other. When one player has surpassed the others, saying anything other than "too good" comes off poorly IMO.

Every player wants to win the slam race, but the amount of
    obsession and sacrifices that they want to put to achieve this
    goal is what Nadal was talking about.

And if that's what he was really talking about, it's ridiculous. As I said, he certainly cared about the slam race when he was the closest one to Federer and looked sure to have sole keys to the kingdom. He clearly didn't anticipate Djokovic stealing
    his thunder. IMO, all Big Three players CLEARLY wanted the slam record and admitted as such in the past. All were super motivated to achieve that goal. It's preposterous to claim Djokovic was more obsessed than the other two IMO. As I said, it just
    comes off as sour grapes from The Bull.

You are so fascinated by the transformation you have had when you
    concluded that Djokovic is absolutely better than everyone else,
    and you view this transformation as something magical that has to
    be documented and recognized as the absolute truth and everyone
    should believe in this holy book while you are the messenger for
    the new cult that is punishing anyone that doesn't agree with
    you.

Does this seem right?

There's no transformation on my part. Federer will always be my favorite player(along with Borg). Djokovic breaking all the records doesn't change that but I'm sure as hell not stupid enough to drink Fedal kool-aid when every single tangible record tells
    me that Djokovic has surpassed them. It's not rocket science. That's why I said earlier, when new evidence comes in that is rock solid, it's inane to keep on parroting, Federer is the greatest. He isn't and that's ok to any fan who doesn't have an
    abnormal attachment to him. That eliminates you. ;)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to olympia0000@yahoo.com on Sun Nov 19 00:44:59 2023
    On Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 6:17:00PM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court Wrote in message:r > > On Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 1:37:09 AM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 Wrote in message:r> > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 6:34:44 PM UTC-
    5, Gracchus wrote:> On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:22:59 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 4:24:49 PM UTC-5, Shakes wrote: > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:47:39 AM UTC-8, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > > > Gracchus <grac...@
    gmail.com> Wrote in message:r > > > > >People were talking after the USO loss as if Alcarez would never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny. :) Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic clash and hope it lives up to expectations. Even Court 1 will be
    able to watch, since this is the only matchup in all of tennisdom she finds worthy of her time. > > > > > > > > Court will watch any one that can defeat the pipe cleaner even if > > > > that player is Boris wearing Rune's mother's eyelashes > > > > :) > >
    -- > > > > Becker or Djok ? Oh man, very tough choice for Court_1 as to whom she dislikes more. But I think she would pick anybody over Becker. :) > > > I'd pick Djokovic over Becker every day and twice on Sunday. > So there it is--you finally admit
    it. I've always known you were secretly in love with Novak.The question was which player do I despise more. The answer was easy: Boris! The truth is I don't mind Djokovic. I've come to accept who he is or rather who he projects to the world that he is(we
    obviously don't know the real person.) I actually prefer him over Nadal these days. Nadal has been so passive aggressive lately with his bitter comments and the 20 years of injury BS from him is too much with his, "if I wasn't injured I would have won 82
    slams!" If you're listening Nadal: Stop with the BS excuses with regards to the slam race and how unimportant it suddenly is to you. In the past, you admitted that you wanted the slam race! You thought you'd slide easily into 1st place and you misjudged
    Djokovic but he's owned you off clay for a decade! So, stop with the passive aggressive comments and accept that he's better than you! Gracchus, I think you've come to like Nadal more and dislike Djokovic more. I'm the opposite. I can't stand the fake
    humbleness from Nadal. He should just admit that he wanted to rip his rivals eyes out! At least Pipe Cleaner admits he wants every record and with that an implicit recognition that he wouldn't be content until he reached into Nadal and Federer's chest
    cavities and cut out their hearts. > How many times did Nadal produce what you describe as BS excuses? Nadal has used his injury excuses throughout his career. Are you serious?> I have seen only one interview where he was asked certain > questions and he
    answered that Djokovic wanted the GOAT title > more than him. Was there other occasions that he talked about > this? Well, you're not keeping up. There have been multiple occasions where Nadal got his digs in and claimed only Djokovic was obsessed with
    the slam race. Of course Djokovic is obsessed with the slam race. Why else would he get out of bed and train everyday like a madman? However, Nadal and Federer were also obsessed with the slam race. Nadal has said numerous times in the past that he
    wanted to win the slam race. He never had this sour grapes mentality when he was well ahead of Djokovic in their head to head, did he? Nope, then it was all lovey-dovey. Now that he's been Djokovic's pet poodle project off clay for a decade, he sings a
    different tune. It just comes off as sour grapes to me.Before Federer retired, he had Rolex do that awful commercial where it said numbers weren't everything. That was a bad judgement call as well IMO. Look, these guys are rivals and they all wanted to
    win the slam race. Nadal thought he had the sole key to the kingdom but he was mistaken and now his comments just come off as resentment. > Honestly, it makes sense to say nothing even if he felt he needed > to say something to avoid criticism like yours.
    But the question is why isn't it possible that he could be telling > the truth about himself and in the same time describing the real > Novak as he has been sharing a career with him?He's not telling the truth though as he stated in no uncertain
    terms many times in the past that he wanted the slam record. But, he and his PR team created the humble guy persona for Nadal. He was following the script well but the mask has slipped off a few times especially in the past few years.Whether or not
    Djokovic is Adolf Hitler the second or not is of no consequence really. It doesn't matter if the Big Three despise each other. When one player has surpassed the others, saying anything other than "too good" comes off poorly IMO. > Every player wants to
    win the slam race, but the amount of > obsession and sacrifices that they want to put to achieve this > goal is what Nadal was talking about. And if that's what he was really talking about, it's ridiculous. As I said, he certainly cared about the slam
    race when he was the closest one to Federer and looked s

You are the one that is too affixed to Djokovic's goatness and
    want to make sure everyone pledges allegiance to your
    beliefs.

BTW, I am curious when was my latest post saying Federer is the
    greatest? I am sure you know the answer.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Sun Nov 19 08:01:39 2023
    BTW, I am curious when was my latest post saying Federer is the greatest? I am sure you know the answer.

You may have not done it by saying it openly, but it's enough to belittle Djokovic's current opponents, which is what you do.

If not belittle them, then at best, you're claiming they're too young.

Agassi and Sampras won YEC at 20, Becker and Djokovic at 21, but Alcaraz who is a multiple slam champion is somehow "too young at 20".

He may not have tons of experience of a tour veteran, but no 20-year old player can have that. So what's the point?

It's his obstacle that he needs to overcome, just as the older guy has his obstacles, ie weaker body and so on.

Have you argued Nadal was too young and inexperienced when he lost to Federer in his first YEC?

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to skriptis@post.t-com.hr on Sun Nov 19 02:26:20 2023
    *skriptis <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> Wrote in message:r
    PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> Wrote in message:> BTW, I am curious when was my latest post saying Federer is the greatest? I am sure you know the answer.You may have not done it by saying it openly, but it's enough to belittle Djokovic's
    current opponents, which is what you do.If not belittle them, then at best, you're claiming they're too young.Agassi and Sampras won YEC at 20, Becker and Djokovic at 21, but Alcaraz who is a multiple slam champion is somehow "too young at 20".He may not
    have tons of experience of a tour veteran, but no 20-year old player can have that. So what's the point?It's his obstacle that he needs to overcome, just as the older guy has his obstacles, ie weaker body and so on.Have you argued Nadal was too young and
    inexperienced when he lost to Federer in his first YEC?-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

You are twisting others' posts in certain topics to bring them in
    your own created discussion in different topics.

Let court handle herself, she is a big girl.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Sun Nov 19 08:43:05 2023
    *skriptis <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> Wrote in message:r> PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> Wrote in message:> BTW, I am curious when was my latest post saying Federer is the greatest? I am sure you know the answer.You may have not done it by saying
    it openly, but it's enough to belittle Djokovic's current opponents, which is what you do.If not belittle them, then at best, you're claiming they're too young.Agassi and Sampras won YEC at 20, Becker and Djokovic at 21, but Alcaraz who is a multiple
    slam champion is somehow "too young at 20".He may not have tons of experience of a tour veteran, but no 20-year old player can have that. So what's the point?It's his obstacle that he needs to overcome, just as the older guy has his obstacles, ie weaker
    body and so on.Have you argued Nadal was too young and inexperienced when he lost to Federer in his first YEC?-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.htmlYou are twisting others' posts in certain topics
    to bring them in your own created discussion in different topics.Let court handle herself, she is a big girl.-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

I replied to you, and I've commented on you.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to All on Mon Nov 20 01:12:50 2023
    On 19/11/2023 6:01 pm, *skriptis wrote:
    BTW, I am curious when was my latest post saying Federer is the greatest? I am sure you know the answer.

You may have not done it by saying it openly, but it's enough to belittle Djokovic's current opponents, which is what you do.

Agassi and Sampras won YEC at 20, Becker and Djokovic at 21, but Alcaraz who is a multiple slam champion is somehow "too young at 20".

He may not have tons of experience of a tour veteran, but no 20-year old player can have that. So what's the point?

It's his obstacle that he needs to overcome, just as the older guy has his obstacles, ie weaker body and so on.

Have you argued Nadal was too young and inexperienced when he lost to Federer in his first YEC?

PWL says Sinner at 22 is too young and green and Federer was past peak
    at 26. That's an incredibly narrow age range where a goat can flourish.
    I guess non-goats like Novak can win slams over a 20 yr period no
    problems. Not sure I want to be goat, I'd rather be Novak : )

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From undecided@21:1/5 to All on Sun Nov 19 07:01:12 2023
    On Sunday, November 19, 2023 at 2:01:37 AM UTC-5, *skriptis wrote:
    PeteWasLucky <waleed...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:

--

Wasn't Tsitsi 20 as well when he won it?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to undecided on Sun Nov 19 16:13:56 2023
    undecided <costasz@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
    Wasn't Tsitsi 20 as well when he won it?

He was 21, so yeah we could add him as well, but I only counted few of the past greats with multiple slams to make my point.

Hewitt was 20 as well, and so on.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Sun Nov 19 11:11:57 2023
    On Sunday, November 19, 2023 at 12:45:08 AM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    Court_1 <> Wrote in message:r
    On Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 6:17:00 PM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court Wrote in message:r > > On Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 1:37:09 AM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 Wrote in message:r> > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 6:34:44 PM
    UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:> On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:22:59 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 4:24:49 PM UTC-5, Shakes wrote: > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:47:39 AM UTC-8, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > > > Gracchus <
    grac...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r > > > > >People were talking after the USO loss as if Alcarez would never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny. :) Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic clash and hope it lives up to expectations. Even Court 1
    will be able to watch, since this is the only matchup in all of tennisdom she finds worthy of her time. > > > > > > > > Court will watch any one that can defeat the pipe cleaner even if > > > > that player is Boris wearing Rune's mother's eyelashes > > >
    :) > > > > -- > > > > Becker or Djok ? Oh man, very tough choice for Court_1 as to whom she dislikes more. But I think she would pick anybody over Becker. :) > > > I'd pick Djokovic over Becker every day and twice on Sunday. > So there it is--you
    finally admit it. I've always known you were secretly in love with Novak.The question was which player do I despise more. The answer was easy: Boris! The truth is I don't mind Djokovic. I've come to accept who he is or rather who he projects to the world
    that he is(we obviously don't know the real person.) I actually prefer him over Nadal these days. Nadal has been so passive aggressive lately with his bitter comments and the 20 years of injury BS from him is too much with his, "if I wasn't injured I
    would have won 82 slams!" If you're listening Nadal: Stop with the BS excuses with regards to the slam race and how unimportant it suddenly is to you. In the past, you admitted that you wanted the slam race! You thought you'd slide easily into 1st place
    and you misjudged Djokovic but he's owned you off clay for a decade! So, stop with the passive aggressive comments and accept that he's better than you! Gracchus, I think you've come to like Nadal more and dislike Djokovic more. I'm the opposite. I can't
    stand the fake humbleness from Nadal. He should just admit that he wanted to rip his rivals eyes out! At least Pipe Cleaner admits he wants every record and with that an implicit recognition that he wouldn't be content until he reached into Nadal and
    Federer's chest cavities and cut out their hearts. > How many times did Nadal produce what you describe as BS excuses? Nadal has used his injury excuses throughout his career. Are you serious?> I have seen only one interview where he was asked certain >
    questions and he answered that Djokovic wanted the GOAT title > more than him. Was there other occasions that he talked about > this? Well, you're not keeping up. There have been multiple occasions where Nadal got his digs in and claimed only Djokovic
    was obsessed with the slam race. Of course Djokovic is obsessed with the slam race. Why else would he get out of bed and train everyday like a madman? However, Nadal and Federer were also obsessed with the slam race. Nadal has said numerous times in the
    past that he wanted to win the slam race. He never had this sour grapes mentality when he was well ahead of Djokovic in their head to head, did he? Nope, then it was all lovey-dovey. Now that he's been Djokovic's pet poodle project off clay for a decade,
    he sings a different tune. It just comes off as sour grapes to me.Before Federer retired, he had Rolex do that awful commercial where it said numbers weren't everything. That was a bad judgement call as well IMO. Look, these guys are rivals and they all
    wanted to win the slam race. Nadal thought he had the sole key to the kingdom but he was mistaken and now his comments just come off as resentment. > Honestly, it makes sense to say nothing even if he felt he needed > to say something to avoid criticism
    like yours. > > But the question is why isn't it possible that he could be telling > the truth about himself and in the same time describing the real > Novak as he has been sharing a career with him?He's not telling the truth though as he stated in no
    uncertain terms many times in the past that he wanted the slam record. But, he and his PR team created the humble guy persona for Nadal. He was following the script well but the mask has slipped off a few times especially in the past few years.Whether or
    not Djokovic is Adolf Hitler the second or not is of no consequence really. It doesn't matter if the Big Three despise each other. When one player has surpassed the others, saying anything other than "too good" comes off poorly IMO. > Every player wants
    to win the slam race, but the amount of > obsession and sacrifices that they want to put to achieve this > goal is what Nadal was talking about. And if that's what he was really talking about, it's ridiculous. As I said, he certainly cared about the slam
    race when he was the closest one to Federer and looked sure to have sole keys to the kingdom. He clearly didn't anticipate Djokovic stealing his thunder. IMO, all Big Three players CLEARLY wanted the slam record and admitted as such in the past. All were
    super motivated to achieve that goal. It's preposterous to claim Djokovic was more obsessed than the other two IMO. As I said, it just comes off as sour grapes from The Bull.> > You are so fascinated by the transformation you have had when you >
    concluded that Djokovic is absolutely better than everyone else, > and you view this transformation as something magical that has to > be documented and recognized as the absolute truth and everyone > should believe in this holy book while you are the
    messenger for > the new cult that is punishing anyone that doesn't agree with > you. > > Does this seem right?There's no transformation on my part. Federer will always be my favorite player(along with Borg). Djokovic breaking all the records doesn't
    change that but I'm sure as hell not stupid enough to drink Fedal kool-aid when every single tangible record tells me that Djokovic has surpassed them. It's not rocket science. That's why I said earlier, when new evidence comes in that is rock solid, it'
    s inane to keep on parroting, Federer is the greatest. He isn't and that's ok to any fan who doesn't have an abnormal attachment to him. That eliminates you. ;)

You are the one that is too affixed to Djokovic's goatness and
    want to make sure everyone pledges allegiance to your
    beliefs.

BTW, I am curious when was my latest post saying Federer is the
    greatest? I am sure you know the answer.

Ha, ha! Give me a break would you? Pretty much every one of your posts is an attempt to come up with any inane narrative to keep Federer as the greatest of all time(i.e. Federer was old at 27, he had mono, SARS, and typhoid fever and couldn't compete
    properly, he had to play goat players five years younger, etc) and to devalue every other goat level player. The problem is, all of those theories are vapid attempts to cling to something that doesn't exist because we have the actual records and stats
    to give us the proper answer. It's really very simple.

As I said, Federer will always be my favorite player but I'm not emotionally attached to him in a way that is unhealthy and doesn't allow for objective evidence to come into play.

Carry on.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to olympia0000@yahoo.com on Sun Nov 19 14:30:40 2023
    On Sunday, November 19, 2023 at 12:45:08AM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 <> Wrote in message:r > > On Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 6:17:00 PM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court Wrote in message:r > > On Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 1:37:09 AM
    UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 Wrote in message:r> > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 6:34:44 PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:> On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:22:59 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 4:24:49 PM UTC-5, Shakes
    wrote: > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:47:39 AM UTC-8, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > > > Gracchus <grac...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r > > > > >People were talking after the USO loss as if Alcarez would never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny. :)
    Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic clash and hope it lives up to expectations. Even Court 1 will be able to watch, since this is the only matchup in all of tennisdom she finds worthy of her time. > > > > > > > > Court will watch any one that can
    defeat the pipe cleaner even if > > > > that player is Boris wearing Rune's mother's eyelashes > > > > :) > > > > -- > > > > Becker or Djok ? Oh man, very tough choice for Court_1 as to whom she dislikes more. But I think she would pick anybody over
    Becker. :) > > > I'd pick Djokovic over Becker every day and twice on Sunday. > So there it is--you finally admit it. I've always known you were secretly in love with Novak.The question was which player do I despise more. The answer was easy: Boris! The
    bitter comments and the 20 years of injury BS from him is too much with his, "if I wasn't injured I would have won 82 slams!" If you're listening Nadal: Stop with the BS excuses with regards to the slam race and how unimportant it suddenly is to you. In
    the past, you admitted that you wanted the slam race! You thought you'd slide easily into 1st place and you misjudged Djokovic but he's owned you off clay for a decade! So, stop with the passive aggressive comments and accept that he's better than you!
    and with that an implicit recognition that he wouldn't be content until he reached into Nadal and Federer's chest cavities and cut out their hearts. > How many times did Nadal produce what you describe as BS excuses? Nadal has used his injury excuses
    throughout his career. Are you serious?> I have seen only one interview where he was asked certain > questions and he answered that Djokovic wanted the GOAT title > more than him. Was there other occasions that he talked about > this? Well, you're not
    keeping up. There have been multiple occasions where Nadal got his digs in and claimed only Djokovic was obsessed with the slam race. Of course Djokovic is obsessed with the slam race. Why else would he get out of bed and train everyday like a madman?
    However, Nadal and Federer were also obsessed with the slam race. Nadal has said numerous times in the past that he wanted to win the slam race. He never had this sour grapes mentality when he was well ahead of Djokovic in their head to head, did he?
    Nope, then it was all lovey-dovey. Now that he's been Djokovic's pet poodle project off clay for a decade, he sings a different tune. It just comes off as sour grapes to me.Before Federer retired, he had Rolex do that awful commercial where it said
    numbers weren't everything. That was a bad judgement call as well IMO. Look, these guys are rivals and they all wanted to win the slam race. Nadal thought he had the sole key to the kingdom but he was mistaken and now his comments just come off as
    resentment. > Honestly, it makes sense to say nothing even if he felt he needed > to say something to avoid criticism like yours. > > But the question is why isn't it possible that he could be telling > the truth about himself and in the same time
    describing the real > Novak as he has been sharing a career with him?He's not telling the truth though as he stated in no uncertain terms many times in the past that he wanted the slam record. But, he and his PR team created the humble guy persona for
    Nadal. He was following the script well but the mask has slipped off a few times especially in the past few years.Whether or not Djokovic is Adolf Hitler the second or not is of no consequence really. It doesn't matter if the Big Three despise each other.
    When one player has surpassed the others, saying anything other than "too good" comes off poorly IMO. > Every player wants to win the slam race, but the amount of > obsession and sacrifices that they want to put to achieve this > goal is what Nadal was
    talking about. And if that's what he was really talking about, it's ridiculo

This is your mind that is capable of seeing black and white only,
    and is incapable of understanding what is happening in
    between.

Still, please find my latest post that I am stating Federer is the
    goat.

You are failing miserably btw.
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Sun Nov 19 16:44:56 2023
    On Sunday, November 19, 2023 at 2:30:45 PM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    On Sunday, November 19, 2023 at 12:45:08 AM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 <> Wrote in message:r > > On Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 6:17:00 PM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court Wrote in message:r > > On Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 1:37:09
    AM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 Wrote in message:r> > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 6:34:44 PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:> On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:22:59 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 4:24:49 PM UTC-5, Shakes
    wrote: > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:47:39 AM UTC-8, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > > > Gracchus <grac...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r > > > > >People were talking after the USO loss as if Alcarez would never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny. :)
    Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic clash and hope it lives up to expectations. Even Court 1 will be able to watch, since this is the only matchup in all of tennisdom she finds worthy of her time. > > > > > > > > Court will watch any one that can
    defeat the pipe cleaner even if > > > > that player is Boris wearing Rune's mother's eyelashes > > > > :) > > > > -- > > > > Becker or Djok ? Oh man, very tough choice for Court_1 as to whom she dislikes more. But I think she would pick anybody over
    Becker. :) > > > I'd pick Djokovic over Becker every day and twice on Sunday. > So there it is--you finally admit it. I've always known you were secretly in love with Novak.The question was which player do I despise more. The answer was easy: Boris! The
    bitter comments and the 20 years of injury BS from him is too much with his, "if I wasn't injured I would have won 82 slams!" If you're listening Nadal: Stop with the BS excuses with regards to the slam race and how unimportant it suddenly is to you. In
    the past, you admitted that you wanted the slam race! You thought you'd slide easily into 1st place and you misjudged Djokovic but he's owned you off clay for a decade! So, stop with the passive aggressive comments and accept that he's better than you!
    and with that an implicit recognition that he wouldn't be content until he reached into Nadal and Federer's chest cavities and cut out their hearts. > How many times did Nadal produce what you describe as BS excuses? Nadal has used his injury excuses
    throughout his career. Are you serious?> I have seen only one interview where he was asked certain > questions and he answered that Djokovic wanted the GOAT title > more than him. Was there other occasions that he talked about > this? Well, you're not
    keeping up. There have been multiple occasions where Nadal got his digs in and claimed only Djokovic was obsessed with the slam race. Of course Djokovic is obsessed with the slam race. Why else would he get out of bed and train everyday like a madman?
    However, Nadal and Federer were also obsessed with the slam race. Nadal has said numerous times in the past that he wanted to win the slam race. He never had this sour grapes mentality when he was well ahead of Djokovic in their head to head, did he?
    Nope, then it was all lovey-dovey. Now that he's been Djokovic's pet poodle project off clay for a decade, he sings a different tune. It just comes off as sour grapes to me.Before Federer retired, he had Rolex do that awful commercial where it said
    numbers weren't everything. That was a bad judgement call as well IMO. Look, these guys are rivals and they all wanted to win the slam race. Nadal thought he had the sole key to the kingdom but he was mistaken and now his comments just come off as
    resentment. > Honestly, it makes sense to say nothing even if he felt he needed > to say something to avoid criticism like yours. > > But the question is why isn't it possible that he could be telling > the truth about himself and in the same time
    describing the real > Novak as he has been sharing a career with him?He's not telling the truth though as he stated in no uncertain terms many times in the past that he wanted the slam record. But, he and his PR team created the humble guy persona for
    Nadal. He was following the script well but the mask has slipped off a few times especially in the past few years.Whether or not Djokovic is Adolf Hitler the second or not is of no consequence really. It doesn't matter if the Big Three despise each other.
    When one player has surpassed the others, saying anything other than "too good" comes off poorly IMO. > Every player wants to win the slam race, but the amount of > obsession and sacrifices that they want to put to achieve this > goal is what Nadal was
    talking about. And if that's what he was really talking about, it's ridiculous. As I said, he certainly cared about the slam race when he was the closest one to Federer and looked sure to have sole keys to the kingdom. He clearly didn't anticipate
    Djokovic stealing his thunder. IMO, all Big Three players CLEARLY wanted the slam record and admitted as such in the past. All were super motivated to achieve that goal. It's preposterous to claim Djokovic was more obsessed than the other two IMO. As I
    said, it just comes off as sour grapes from The Bull.> > You are so fascinated by the transformation you have had when you > concluded that Djokovic is absolutely better than everyone else, > and you view this transformation as something magical that has
    to > be documented and recognized as the absolute truth and everyone > should believe in this holy book while you are the messenger for > the new cult that is punishing anyone that doesn't agree with > you. > > Does this seem right?There's no
    transformation on my part. Federer will always be my favorite player(along with Borg). Djokovic breaking all the records doesn't change that but I'm sure as hell not stupid enough to drink Fedal kool-aid when every single tangible record tells me that
    Djokovic has surpassed them. It's not rocket science. That's why I said earlier, when new evidence comes in that is rock solid, it's inane to keep on parroting, Federer is the greatest. He isn't and that's ok to any fan who doesn't have an abnormal
    attachment to him. That eliminates you. ;) > > You are the one that is too affixed to Djokovic's goatness and > want to make sure everyone pledges allegiance to your > beliefs. > > BTW, I am curious when was my latest post saying Federer is the >
    greatest? I am sure you know the answer.Ha, ha! Give me a break would you? Pretty much every one of your posts is an attempt to come up with any inane narrative to keep Federer as the greatest of all time(i.e. Federer was old at 27, he had mono, SARS,
    and typhoid fever and couldn't compete properly, he had to play goat players five years younger, etc) and to devalue every other goat level player. The problem is, all of those theories are vapid attempts to cling to something that doesn't exist because
    we have the actual records and stats to give us the proper answer. It's really very simple. As I said, Federer will always be my favorite player but I'm not emotionally attached to him in a way that is unhealthy and doesn't allow for objective evidence
    to come into play. Carry on.

between.

goat.

--

LOL, you are one slippery eel.

Ok, answer these questions:

Is Djokovic or Federer the GOAT? Or, if you don't believe in the whole GOAT thing(as I don't), which player is the greatest player out of the Big Three players and in what order would you rank them?

I don't only see black and white, it's quite the contrary. I said Federer was my favorite player, the most talented and stylish player of all time for me but his records have been eclipsed by Djokovic and thus Djokovic is greater.

Djokovic and Federer also played against each other for over a decade and they've played more matches against each other than any other players in the Open Era so it's easy to determine who was better. That's it. It's pretty easy to look at all the
    factors and come to that conclusion unless you're a fan who lives vicariously through a player.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to All on Mon Nov 20 00:51:37 2023
    On Sunday, 19 November 2023 at 00:03:03 UTC, *skriptis wrote:
    PeteWasLucky <waleed...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:

Family?

Body and injuries?

He gains nothing.
    You are so fascinated by the transformation you have had when you concluded that Djokovic is absolutely better than everyone else, and you view this transformation as something magical that has to be documented and recognized as the absolute truth
    and everyone should believe in this holy book while you are the messenger for the new cult that is punishing anyone that doesn't agree with you.Does this seem right?

yes, have to say these are good points, the vax one kind of proves it. Although some of ops Nadal has had were necessary due to his body eg. his feet aren't naturally right as Djoker's are, some of that is really Djoker's strategy is/was better - he
    looked a long-term rather Nadal took the quicker fix route.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to All on Mon Nov 20 00:39:31 2023
    On Friday, 17 November 2023 at 23:51:08 UTC, Court_1 wrote:

--

HAHAHHAAHHH the glory fan strikes again!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Mon Nov 20 00:43:58 2023
    On Saturday, 18 November 2023 at 06:01:56 UTC, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    Court_1 <olymp...@yahoo.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 11:06:41 PM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 > Wrote in message:r > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 7:42:22 PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:> On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:51:08 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > On Friday,
    November 17, 2023 at 6:34:44 PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote: > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:22:59 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 4:24:49 PM UTC-5, Shakes wrote: > > > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:47:39 AM
    UTC-8, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > > > > > Gracchus <grac...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r > > > > > > >People were talking after the USO loss as if Alcarez would never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny. :) Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic clash
    and hope it lives up to expectations. Even Court 1 will be able to watch, since this is the only matchup in all of tennisdom she finds worthy of her time. > > > > > > > > > > > > Court will watch any one that can defeat the pipe cleaner even if > > > > >
    that player is Boris wearing Rune's mother's eyelashes > > > > > > :) > > > > > > -- > > > > > > > > Becker or Djok ? Oh man, very tough choice for Court_1 as to whom she dislikes more. But I think she would pick anybody over Becker. :) > > > > > > > I'
    d pick Djokovic over Becker every day and twice on Sunday. > > > So there it is--you finally admit it. I've always known you were secretly in love with Novak. > > The question was which player do I despise more. The answer was easy: Boris! > > > > The
    think he'll have the edge in tomorrow's match, but I'm rooting for Alkie. You can cheer for the loathsome Serb if that's your preference. ;)I'm not a fan either but I've accepted the order of things. Two different things.As for which players I want to
    win the tournament, it would be nice to see Alcaraz or Sinner winning it and if they do win it, perhaps they can then carry their winning ways vs Pipe Cleaner to the slams? I mean, how long do we have to wait? *rolls eyes* > > It seems you never got
    convinced when Gracchus confirmed to you > his love and loyalty to Novak two months ago because your efforts > to enlist him in your Jehovah's club never faded.When did Gracchus confirm his love and loyalty to Novak? He did nothing of the sort.I just
    find it interesting that he absolutely despised Nadal for years and didn't have much of a problem with Novak. Now it seems the reverse has occurred. But that's part of life. We grow and change our opinions with the passage of time.

it very funny, but she did this with Nadal, remember before him it was Fed, but she now taken down her Nadal poster and put up a big poster of Djoker on her bedroom wall :D

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Mon Nov 20 10:10:08 2023
    The Iceberg <iceberg.rules@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Sunday, 19 November 2023 at 00:03:03 UTC, *skriptis wrote:> PeteWasLucky <waleed...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:> > Every player wants to win the slam race... > > > Yeah, the fans too. E.g. I too would love to win the slam race.> > but the amount of
    obsession and sacrifices that they want to put to achieve this goal is what Nadal was talking about.> Obsession is a bad word for focus. Why don't you say Djokovic is focused? > > > And what are Djokovic's sacrifices? > > > Family? > He had kids first
    time in 2014, Nadal in 2022. > So who postponed having family to the near end of his career? > > Body and injuries? > Djokovic wasted nearly 2 years by dealing with issues before opting for a minor surgery because he's unwilling to mess with his body.
    Right or wrong he was rather conservative in his approach. Obsessed man would do stuff sooner. > > He was also willing to forego slam chase altogether if the price was bodily submission to pharmaceutical mafia. Remember that? > > Does that not prove he
    was not (as) obsessed with slam race and has had other, even higher ideals and motivations? Whether you agree with them or not he proved slams come 2nd to him at least in that situation so you can tone it down with "obsession". > > > Meanwhile Nadal has
    long history of doing all sorts of procedures to come back to tennis and on court, to solve injuries and that's considered heroics, I agree it is, but think for a moment who's risking his health, pushing his body and who should be considered more
    obsessed of the two if anyone? > > > > I told you, it's sour grapes to try to comment what Nadal tried. He's not the one to explain "Djokovic's mind" to us. He can talk about himself and that's it. > > He gains nothing.> > You are so fascinated by the
    transformation you have had when you concluded that Djokovic is absolutely better than everyone else, and you view this transformation as something magical that has to be documented and recognized as the absolute truth and everyone should believe in this
    holy book while you are the messenger for the new cult that is punishing anyone that doesn't agree with you.Does this seem right?> The margins are thin between the big three, but he's preserved his body better than them, won couple of close matches vs
    them, and so he has reaped rewards in terms of winning more slams. > > Just like tennis scoring, e.g. 51% points won is not much of a difference but it gives you solid 64 64 win, rather comfortable on scoreboard.yes, have to say these are good points,
    the vax one kind of proves it. Although some of ops Nadal has had were necessary due to his body eg. his feet aren't naturally right as Djoker's are, some of that is really Djoker's strategy is/was better - he looked a long-term rather Nadal took the
    quicker fix route.

Sure, no disrespect for Nadal and him willing to suffer on court, carry on with injuries and so on. We love such attitude.

Just saying, both him and his fans glorify Nadal for stuff like playing tennis with dead nerves in his foot and so on.

He's glorified as a "fighter", and not as someone willing to sacrifice his body for a bit of sucesss?

Which you could easily do if you wanted to bash him.

Djokovic otoh hasn't even approached that kind of level of being willing to mutilate himself on court.

Yet he's the obsessed one?

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Mon Nov 20 15:28:16 2023
    The Iceberg <iceberg.rules@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Monday, 20 November 2023 at 00:44:59 UTC, Court_1 wrote:> On Sunday, November 19, 2023 at 2:30:45 PM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > Court_1 Wrote in message:r > > > On Sunday, November 19, 2023 at 12:45:08 AM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 <>
    Wrote in message:r > > On Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 6:17:00 PM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court Wrote in message:r > > On Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 1:37:09 AM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 Wrote in message:r> > On Friday, November 17,
    2023 at 6:34:44 PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:> On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:22:59 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 4:24:49 PM UTC-5, Shakes wrote: > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:47:39 AM UTC-8, PeteWasLucky wrote: > >
    Gracchus <grac...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r > > > > >People were talking after the USO loss as if Alcarez would never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny. :) Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic clash and hope it lives up to expectations.
    Even Court 1 will be able to watch, since this is the only matchup in all of tennisdom she finds worthy of her time. > > > > > > > > Court will watch any one that can defeat the pipe cleaner even if > > > > that player is Boris wearing Rune's mother's
    eyelashes > > > > :) > > > > -- > > > > Becker or Djok ? Oh man, very tough choice for Court_1 as to whom she dislikes more. But I think she would pick anybody over Becker. :) > > > I'd pick Djokovic over Becker every day and twice on Sunday. > So there
    it is--you finally admit it. I've always known you were secretly in love with Novak.The question was which player do I despise more. The answer was easy: Boris! The truth is I don't mind Djokovic. I've come to accept who he is or rather who he projects
    to the world that he is(we obviously don't know the real person.) I actually prefer him over Nadal these days. Nadal has been so passive aggressive lately with his bitter comments and the 20 years of injury BS from him is too much with his, "if I wasn't
    injured I would have won 82 slams!" If you're listening Nadal: Stop with the BS excuses with regards to the slam race and how unimportant it suddenly is to you. In the past, you admitted that you wanted the slam race! You thought you'd slide easily into
    1st place and you misjudged Djokovic but he's owned you off clay for a decade! So, stop with the passive aggressive comments and accept that he's better than you! Gracchus, I think you've come to like Nadal more and dislike Djokovic more. I'm the
    into Nadal and Federer's chest cavities and cut out their hearts. > How many times did Nadal produce what you describe as BS excuses? Nadal has used his injury excuses throughout his career. Are you serious?> I have seen only one interview where he was
    asked certain > questions and he answered that Djokovic wanted the GOAT title > more than him. Was there other occasions that he talked about > this? Well, you're not keeping up. There have been multiple occasions where Nadal got his digs in and claimed
    only Djokovic was obsessed with the slam race. Of course Djokovic is obsessed with the slam race. Why else would he get out of bed and train everyday like a madman? However, Nadal and Federer were also obsessed with the slam race. Nadal has said numerous
    times in the past that he wanted to win the slam race. He never had this sour grapes mentality when he was well ahead of Djokovic in their head to head, did he? Nope, then it was all lovey-dovey. Now that he's been Djokovic's pet poodle project off clay
    for a decade, he sings a different tune. It just comes off as sour grapes to me.Before Federer retired, he had Rolex do that awful commercial where it said numbers weren't everything. That was a bad judgement call as well IMO. Look, these guys are rivals
    and they all wanted to win the slam race. Nadal thought he had the sole key to the kingdom but he was mistaken and now his comments just come off as resentment. > Honestly, it makes sense to say nothing even if he felt he needed > to say something to
    avoid criticism like yours. > > But the question is why isn't it possible that he could be telling > the truth about himself and in the same time describing the real > Novak as he has been sharing a career with him?He's not telling the truth though as he
    stated in no uncertain terms many times in the past that he wanted the slam record. But, he and his PR team created the humble guy persona for Nadal. He was following the script well but the mask has slipped off a few times especially in the past few
    years.Whether or not Djokovic is Adolf Hitler the second or not is of no consequence really. It doesn't matter if the Big Three despise each other. When one player has surpassed the others, saying anything other than "too good" comes off poorly IMO. >
    Every player wants to win the slam race, but the amount of > obsession and sacrifices that they want to put to achieve this > goal is what Nadal was talking about. And if that's what he was really talking about, it's ridiculous. As I said, he certainly
    cared about the slam race when he was the closest one to Federer and looked sure to have sole keys to the kingdom. He clearly didn't anticipate Djokovic stealing his thunder. IMO, all Big Three players CLEARLY wanted the slam record and admitted as such
    in the past. All were super motivated to achieve that goal. It's preposterous to claim Djokovic was more obsessed than the other two IMO. As I said, it just comes off as sour grapes from The Bull.> > You are so fascinated by the transformation you have
    had when you > concluded that Djokovic is absolutely better than everyone else, > and you view this transformation as something magical that has to > be documented and recognized as the absolute truth and everyone > should believe in this holy book while
    you are the messenger for > the new cult that is punishing anyone that doesn't agree with > you. > > Does this seem right?There's no transformation on my part. Federer will always be my favorite player(along with Borg). Djokovic breaking all the records
    doesn't change that but I'm sure as hell not stupid enough to drink Fedal kool-aid when every single tangible record tells me that Djokovic has surpassed them. It's not rocket science. That's why I said earlier, when new evidence comes in that is rock
    solid, it's inane to keep on parroting, Federer is the greatest. He isn't and that's ok to any fan who doesn't have an abnormal attachment to him. That eliminates you. ;) > > You are the one that is too affixed to Djokovic's goatness and > want to make
    sure everyone pledges allegiance to your > beliefs. > > BTW, I am curious when was my latest post saying Federer is the > greatest? I am sure you know the answer.Ha, ha! Give me a break would you? Pretty much every one of your posts is an attempt to come
    up with any inane narrative to keep Federer as the greatest of all time(i.e. Federer was old at 27, he had mono, SARS, and typhoid fever and couldn't compete properly, he had to play goat players five years younger, etc) and to devalue every other goat
    level player. The problem is, all of those theories are vapid attempts to cling to something that doesn't exist because we have the actual records and stats to give us the proper answer. It's really very simple. As I said, Federer will always be my
    favorite player but I'm not emotionally attached to him in a way that is unhealthy and doesn't allow for objective evidence to come into play. Carry on. > > > > This is your mind that is capable of seeing black and white only, > > and is incapable of
    understanding what is happening in > > between. > > > > Still, please find my latest post that I am stating Federer is the > > goat. > > > > You are failing miserably btw. > > -- > > > > > > ----Android NewsGroup Reader---- > > https://piaohong.s3-us-
    west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html> LOL, you are one slippery eel. > > Ok, answer these questions: > > Is Djokovic or Federer the GOAT? Or, if you don't believe in the whole GOAT thing(as I don't), which player is the greatest player out of the Big
    Three players and in what order would you rank them? > > I don't only see black and white, it's quite the contrary. I said Federer was my favorite player, the most talented and stylish player of all time for me but his records have been eclipsed by
    Djokovic and thus Djokovic is greater. > > Djokovic and Federer also played against each other for over a decade and they've played more matches against each other than any other players in the Open Era so it's easy to determine who was better. That's it.
    It's pretty easy to look at all the factors and come to that conclusion unless you're a fan who lives vicariously through a player.yes you were a YUGE Fedfan when he was #1 and winning stuff and he was "good looking/cute", then you became a YUGE Nadal
    fan when he started winning stuff and was #1 and he went from being a neanderthal to being "cute"(which really annoyed Dave), now you're a YUGE Djoker fan and he's "cute" when he gets angry and points to his ear<wink>, yes!

Lol

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to All on Mon Nov 20 06:39:23 2023
    On Monday, 20 November 2023 at 09:10:11 UTC, *skriptis wrote:
    The Iceberg <iceber...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Sunday, 19 November 2023 at 00:03:03 UTC, *skriptis wrote:> PeteWasLucky <waleed...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:> > Every player wants to win the slam race... > > > Yeah, the fans too. E.g. I too would love to win the slam race.> > but the amount
    of obsession and sacrifices that they want to put to achieve this goal is what Nadal was talking about.> Obsession is a bad word for focus. Why don't you say Djokovic is focused? > > > And what are Djokovic's sacrifices? > > > Family? > He had kids first
    time in 2014, Nadal in 2022. > So who postponed having family to the near end of his career? > > Body and injuries? > Djokovic wasted nearly 2 years by dealing with issues before opting for a minor surgery because he's unwilling to mess with his body.
    Right or wrong he was rather conservative in his approach. Obsessed man would do stuff sooner. > > He was also willing to forego slam chase altogether if the price was bodily submission to pharmaceutical mafia. Remember that? > > Does that not prove he
    was not (as) obsessed with slam race and has had other, even higher ideals and motivations? Whether you agree with them or not he proved slams come 2nd to him at least in that situation so you can tone it down with "obsession". > > > Meanwhile Nadal has
    long history of doing all sorts of procedures to come back to tennis and on court, to solve injuries and that's considered heroics, I agree it is, but think for a moment who's risking his health, pushing his body and who should be considered more
    obsessed of the two if anyone? > > > > I told you, it's sour grapes to try to comment what Nadal tried. He's not the one to explain "Djokovic's mind" to us. He can talk about himself and that's it. > > He gains nothing.> > You are so fascinated by the
    transformation you have had when you concluded that Djokovic is absolutely better than everyone else, and you view this transformation as something magical that has to be documented and recognized as the absolute truth and everyone should believe in this
    holy book while you are the messenger for the new cult that is punishing anyone that doesn't agree with you.Does this seem right?> The margins are thin between the big three, but he's preserved his body better than them, won couple of close matches vs
    them, and so he has reaped rewards in terms of winning more slams. > > Just like tennis scoring, e.g. 51% points won is not much of a difference but it gives you solid 64 64 win, rather comfortable on scoreboard.yes, have to say these are good points,
    the vax one kind of proves it. Although some of ops Nadal has had were necessary due to his body eg. his feet aren't naturally right as Djoker's are, some of that is really Djoker's strategy is/was better - he looked a long-term rather Nadal took the
    quicker fix route.

Sure, no disrespect for Nadal and him willing to suffer on court, carry on with injuries and so on. We love such attitude.

Just saying, both him and his fans glorify Nadal for stuff like playing tennis with dead nerves in his foot and so on.

He's glorified as a "fighter", and not as someone willing to sacrifice his body for a bit of sucesss?

Which you could easily do if you wanted to bash him.

Djokovic otoh hasn't even approached that kind of level of being willing to mutilate himself on court.

Yet he's the obsessed one?

think Djoker was mentally obsessed with beating Fed and Nadal much more than Nadal in those terms. To explain, Nadal always wanted to beat Fed but wouldn't say it was to the same obsessive level as Djoker wanting to beat Nadal, good comparison is Serena'
    s obsession with Sharapova. If Nadal's obsession had been the same he would've won the 2017 AO and prob would've beaten Djoker at Wimbledon 2018 too as a result. Would say Nadal's obsession was holding the FO title, that was the same level as Djoker and
    why he smashed him so many times there, the only times Djoker won was when Nadal wasn't really up for it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to All on Mon Nov 20 06:25:02 2023
    On Monday, 20 November 2023 at 00:44:59 UTC, Court_1 wrote:
    On Sunday, November 19, 2023 at 2:30:45 PM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    On Sunday, November 19, 2023 at 12:45:08 AM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 <> Wrote in message:r > > On Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 6:17:00 PM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court Wrote in message:r > > On Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 1:37:
    09 AM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 Wrote in message:r> > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 6:34:44 PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:> On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:22:59 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 4:24:49 PM UTC-5,
    Shakes wrote: > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:47:39 AM UTC-8, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > > > Gracchus <grac...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r > > > > >People were talking after the USO loss as if Alcarez would never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny.
    :) Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic clash and hope it lives up to expectations. Even Court 1 will be able to watch, since this is the only matchup in all of tennisdom she finds worthy of her time. > > > > > > > > Court will watch any one that
    can defeat the pipe cleaner even if > > > > that player is Boris wearing Rune's mother's eyelashes > > > > :) > > > > -- > > > > Becker or Djok ? Oh man, very tough choice for Court_1 as to whom she dislikes more. But I think she would pick anybody over
    talking about. And if that's what he was really talking about, it's ridiculous. As I said, he certainly cared about the slam race when he was the closest one to Federer and looked sure to have sole keys to the kingdom. He clearly didn't anticipate
    Djokovic stealing his thunder. IMO, all Big Three players CLEARLY wanted the slam record and admitted as such in the past. All were super motivated to achieve that goal. It's preposterous to claim Djokovic was more obsessed than the other two IMO. As I
    said, it just comes off as sour grapes from The Bull.> > You are so fascinated by the transformation you have had when you > concluded that Djokovic is absolutely better than everyone else, > and you view this transformation as something magical that has
    to > be documented and recognized as the absolute truth and everyone > should believe in this holy book while you are the messenger for > the new cult that is punishing anyone that doesn't agree with > you. > > Does this seem right?There's no
    transformation on my part. Federer will always be my favorite player(along with Borg). Djokovic breaking all the records doesn't change that but I'm sure as hell not stupid enough to drink Fedal kool-aid when every single tangible record tells me that
    Djokovic has surpassed them. It's not rocket science. That's why I said earlier, when new evidence comes in that is rock solid, it's inane to keep on parroting, Federer is the greatest. He isn't and that's ok to any fan who doesn't have an abnormal
    attachment to him. That eliminates you. ;) > > You are the one that is too affixed to Djokovic's goatness and > want to make sure everyone pledges allegiance to your > beliefs. > > BTW, I am curious when was my latest post saying Federer is the >
    greatest? I am sure you know the answer.Ha, ha! Give me a break would you? Pretty much every one of your posts is an attempt to come up with any inane narrative to keep Federer as the greatest of all time(i.e. Federer was old at 27, he had mono, SARS,
    and typhoid fever and couldn't compete properly, he had to play goat players five years younger, etc) and to devalue every other goat level player. The problem is, all of those theories are vapid attempts to cling to something that doesn't exist because
    we have the actual records and stats to give us the proper answer. It's really very simple. As I said, Federer will always be my favorite player but I'm not emotionally attached to him in a way that is unhealthy and doesn't allow for objective evidence
    to come into play. Carry on.

between.

goat.

--

LOL, you are one slippery eel.

Ok, answer these questions:

Is Djokovic or Federer the GOAT? Or, if you don't believe in the whole GOAT thing(as I don't), which player is the greatest player out of the Big Three players and in what order would you rank them?

I don't only see black and white, it's quite the contrary. I said Federer was my favorite player, the most talented and stylish player of all time for me but his records have been eclipsed by Djokovic and thus Djokovic is greater.

Djokovic and Federer also played against each other for over a decade and they've played more matches against each other than any other players in the Open Era so it's easy to determine who was better. That's it. It's pretty easy to look at all the
    factors and come to that conclusion unless you're a fan who lives vicariously through a player.

yes you were a YUGE Fedfan when he was #1 and winning stuff and he was "good looking/cute", then you became a YUGE Nadal fan when he started winning stuff and was #1 and he went from being a neanderthal to being "cute"(which really annoyed Dave), now you'
    re a YUGE Djoker fan and he's "cute" when he gets angry and points to his ear<wink>, yes!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jdeluise@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Mon Nov 20 10:30:06 2023
    PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> writes:

*skriptis <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> Wrote in message:r
    PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> Wrote in message:> BTW, I am
    curious when was my latest post saying Federer is the greatest? I am
    sure you know the answer.You may have not done it by saying it openly,
    but it's enough to belittle Djokovic's current opponents, which is
    what you do.If not belittle them, then at best, you're claiming
    they're too young.Agassi and Sampras won YEC at 20, Becker and
    Djokovic at 21, but Alcaraz who is a multiple slam champion is somehow
    "too young at 20".He may not have tons of experience of a tour
    veteran, but no 20-year old player can have that. So what's the
    point?It's his obstacle that he needs to overcome, just as the older
    guy has his obstacles, ie weaker body and so on.Have you argued Nadal
    was too young and inexperienced when he lost to Federer in his first
    YEC?-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

You are twisting others' posts in certain topics to bring them in
    your own created discussion in different topics.

Let court handle herself, she is a big girl.

Come on now, we all know you'd happily gobble down Fed's excrement like
    kebabs, quaff his urine like a nice helba tea. Then follow it up by
    gargling his semen like mouthwash and flossing your teeth with his anus
    hairs.

;)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Mon Nov 20 19:14:00 2023
    On Monday, November 20, 2023 at 3:44:00 AM UTC-5, The Iceberg wrote:
    On Saturday, 18 November 2023 at 06:01:56 UTC, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 11:06:41 PM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 > Wrote in message:r > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 7:42:22 PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:> On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:51:08 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > On
    Friday, November 17, 2023 at 6:34:44 PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote: > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 3:22:59 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote: > > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 4:24:49 PM UTC-5, Shakes wrote: > > > > > On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:47:
    39 AM UTC-8, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > > > > > Gracchus <grac...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r > > > > > > >People were talking after the USO loss as if Alcarez would never beat Medvedev again. Pretty funny. :) Looking forward now to the Alcaraz-Djokovic
    clash and hope it lives up to expectations. Even Court 1 will be able to watch, since this is the only matchup in all of tennisdom she finds worthy of her time. > > > > > > > > > > > > Court will watch any one that can defeat the pipe cleaner even if > >
    that player is Boris wearing Rune's mother's eyelashes > > > > > > :) > > > > > > -- > > > > > > > > Becker or Djok ? Oh man, very tough choice for Court_1 as to whom she dislikes more. But I think she would pick anybody over Becker. :) > > > > >
    I'd pick Djokovic over Becker every day and twice on Sunday. > > > So there it is--you finally admit it. I've always known you were secretly in love with Novak. > > The question was which player do I despise more. The answer was easy: Boris! > > > >
    his bitter comments and the 20 years of injury BS from him is too much with his, "if I wasn't injured I would have won 82 slams!" > > > > If you're listening Nadal: Stop with the BS excuses with regards to the slam race and how unimportant it suddenly is
    to you. In the past, you admitted that you wanted the slam race! You thought you'd slide easily into 1st place and you misjudged Djokovic but he's owned you off clay for a decade! So, stop with the passive aggressive comments and accept that he's better

it very funny, but she did this with Nadal, remember before him it was Fed, but she now taken down her Nadal poster and put up a big poster of Djoker on her bedroom wall :D

I never preferred Nadal over Federer! Stop making things up!

Here is my trajectory:

Always loved Federer. There's no player(past or present) I enjoy watching more than Federer.

Disliked Nadal when he first came on the scene especially when he was beating prime Federer in too many tournaments.

After Wimbledon 2008, I started to accept Nadal. He had balls and took it to the beloved Federer and his never give up attitude was inspiring. I was a Fedal fan(and still am) and never liked Djokovic. I would root against Djokovic every time he played
    Federer or Nadal.

I still like Nadal but in the past couple of years, I've seen another side of him, a side which is the polar opposite of his whole humble and always nice persona IMO. I could never stand all of his "injury" talk and in the last little while, it's gotten
    on my last nerve. His passive aggressive comments also don't do him any favors. But, I do like him and of course, he's the ultimate champion.

Re Djokovic these days, I'm ambivalent about him. I can't stomach many of his out there ideas and I find his entire family and team classless. However, I've accepted that he's an incomparable champion. His discipline, motivation and ambition is something
    to be admired. His on court antics which I used to detest, don't even bother me anymore or at least most of them don't. I just laugh now.
    The only thing constant is change. If you don't change when new facts are presented, it isn't healthy IMO. But Federer is still numero uno for me. With Nadal and Djokovic, I guess it depends on the day as to which one I'm preferring. There's absolutely
    no doubt however that I think Djokovic is the superior player to Fedal. No hesitation with that conclusion. The stats speak for themselves.

P.S. Gracchus won't admit it but he's clearly changed his whole stance on Nadal and Djokovic. He used to despise Nadal and called him every derogatory name in the book. Today, he seems to be directing more of his ire towards Pipe Cleaner.
    How about Pelle? How many favorite players has he gone through? He used to despise Federer and love Nadal. Now, I think he hates Nadal, tolerates Federer and adores Pipe Cleaner.

Iceberg, you're a baboon so undoubtedly, you can't understand the swings of human emotions.😁

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05