• Re:Sinner beats Djoker in tiebreak!

From *skriptis@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Wed Nov 15 11:50:02 2023
    The Iceberg <iceberg.rules@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    wow amazed he wonhttps://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/tennis/jannik-sinner-snaps-stunning-novak-djokovic-statistic-in-incredible-atp-finals-win/ar-AA1jWgNXJannik Sinner snaps stunning Novak Djokovic statistic in incredible ATP Finals winThe ATP Finals in
    Turin has had some moments to savour over the last couple of years, but it may just have had its most iconic moment yet on Tuesday evening.With a passionate Italian crowd in full voice, Italian hero Jannik Sinner recorded his first win against Novak
    Djokovic at the fourth attempt amid raucous scenes in Italy.As has become the norm in Djokovic matches in 2023, the world No 1 took on the boos and jeers that came his way as he fought a tide of support for Sinner by holding his finger to his ear and
    encouraged the abuse that he admits inspires him to greater heights.Yet just for one, Djokovic didn’t have the answer as Sinner produced a simply stunning display in one of the most memorable matches of 2023 as he recorded a 7-5, 6-7 (5-7), 7-6 (72)
    win in an atmosphere that sent shivers down the spine of all present.Sinner produced a sensational performance to see off Djokovic as this was not an occasion when the world No 1 had a bad night.Djokovic was superb in this battle that lasted over three
    hours, but Sinner was better than him and that has not happened too often this year.This match snapped a remarkable statistic that saw Djokovic win his last six matches after he dropped the first set and it also ended his hopes of another unbeaten run at
    the ATP Finals, which is worth more ranking points and prize money at the end of this week.“This means a lot to me,” said an elated Sinner. “When you win against the world No 1 and he has won 24 Grand Slams, it is clear that he is in the top, top.
    I don’t know where I would put this as the best win of my career so far, but it was a really tactical match and I’m glad I found a way to win.“I still have to learn many things. In the second set tie-break, he played better than me, but in the
    third set, I was really brave in important moments.“I felt like we were both serving really well, so there weren’t so many exchanges. When we did have them, it was a really, really high-level match.”One win for Sinner does not suggest he has found
    the key to beating Djokovic as while he ran away with the third set tie-break, Djokovic’s fire was evident as he broke back after Sinner secured the first break of the deciding set.Djokovic will now face Hubert Hurkacz in a match he has to win to keep
    his ATP Finals hopes alive.Hurkacz has been confirmed as the replacement for the injured Stefanos Tstispas in the draw, with the final matches in this group set to be played on Thursday.Djokovic, Sinner and Holger Rune will be battling it out for two
    places in the semi-finals on Saturday and Hurkacz may be a tougher opponent for the world No 1 than Tsitsipas.While Djokovic holds a 6-0 record against the Polish star, he has stated his belief that he is one of the toughest opponents on the ATP Tour due
    to his power-packed serve that he admits he struggles to read.Djokovic staggered to a 7-6(6) 7-6(6) 5-7 6-4 win against Hurkacz at Wimbledon last summer and admitted it was a tough test for him on grass.“Honestly I don’t recall the last time I felt
    this miserable on returning games,” he said.“He has one of the best serves in the world and it’s difficult to read it on one of the quickest surfaces in the sport. It was not enjoyable for me.“In the important moments, I was fortunate to win that
    first set. This match could have gone a different way but I held my nerves when it mattered.”We can expect more of the same when Djokovic and Hurkacz meet again on Thursday and Djokovic will need to win to stay in the ATP Finals.

You can't win them all, and you certainly can't win 6 or more times in a row after losing first set, especially against German Sinner with an Italian passport playing in Italy.

Overall Sinner deserved it.

But, Djokovic botched 3rd set tie-break if we were to talk about that alone.

Sinner was redlining entire match, and Djokovic played stupid tiebreaker trying to extract errors from Sinner.

After 3 hours of herculean tennis???

I've said this many times, he shouldn't do that after a 3 hour battle against guys who have been redlining the entire match and who are certain to play brave and not choke.

Instead he should have imposed himself and go after couple of winners, play some "risky" shots. Even if he was to lose them, it's still better than lose points by playing passively.

And he was bound to lose points by retrieving.

This is a clear tactical mistake that he did many times. E.g. lost YEC SF in 2020 vs Thiem the same way.

He shouldn't be doing his lockdown mode if the opponent has "nothing to lose" and has been successfully redlining.

Third set tie-break for Sinner was "do or die" moment.

Anyway, things are quite complicated now?

Tsitsipas retired vs Rune at at the begining of the first set, but for some reason Rune was awarded with 2-0 set win in group standings stats?

It means if Rune wins against Sinner 2-0, then Djokovic winning 2-0 against Hurkacz might not be enough...?

Of course, even beating relaxed Hurkacz is not a given. It's a 50-50. Djokovic got a replacement Hurkacz for his opponent who is overall a tougher opponent in this situation that what Tsitsipas would have been. Meanwhile Sinner and Rune got easy wins
    against Tsitsipas.

If Djokovic makes the semis he could win this, but making the semis might be the problem...

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 15 02:29:42 2023
    wow amazed he won

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/tennis/jannik-sinner-snaps-stunning-novak-djokovic-statistic-in-incredible-atp-finals-win/ar-AA1jWgNX

Jannik Sinner snaps stunning Novak Djokovic statistic in incredible ATP Finals win

The ATP Finals in Turin has had some moments to savour over the last couple of years, but it may just have had its most iconic moment yet on Tuesday evening.

With a passionate Italian crowd in full voice, Italian hero Jannik Sinner recorded his first win against Novak Djokovic at the fourth attempt amid raucous scenes in Italy.

As has become the norm in Djokovic matches in 2023, the world No 1 took on the boos and jeers that came his way as he fought a tide of support for Sinner by holding his finger to his ear and encouraged the abuse that he admits inspires him to greater
    heights.

Yet just for one, Djokovic didn’t have the answer as Sinner produced a simply stunning display in one of the most memorable matches of 2023 as he recorded a 7-5, 6-7 (5-7), 7-6 (72) win in an atmosphere that sent shivers down the spine of all present.
    Sinner produced a sensational performance to see off Djokovic as this was not an occasion when the world No 1 had a bad night.

Djokovic was superb in this battle that lasted over three hours, but Sinner was better than him and that has not happened too often this year.

This match snapped a remarkable statistic that saw Djokovic win his last six matches after he dropped the first set and it also ended his hopes of another unbeaten run at the ATP Finals, which is worth more ranking points and prize money at the end of
    this week.

“This means a lot to me,” said an elated Sinner. “When you win against the world No 1 and he has won 24 Grand Slams, it is clear that he is in the top, top.

“I don’t know where I would put this as the best win of my career so far, but it was a really tactical match and I’m glad I found a way to win.

“I still have to learn many things. In the second set tie-break, he played better than me, but in the third set, I was really brave in important moments.

“I felt like we were both serving really well, so there weren’t so many exchanges. When we did have them, it was a really, really high-level match.”

One win for Sinner does not suggest he has found the key to beating Djokovic as while he ran away with the third set tie-break, Djokovic’s fire was evident as he broke back after Sinner secured the first break of the deciding set.

Djokovic will now face Hubert Hurkacz in a match he has to win to keep his ATP Finals hopes alive.

Hurkacz has been confirmed as the replacement for the injured Stefanos Tstispas in the draw, with the final matches in this group set to be played on Thursday.

Djokovic, Sinner and Holger Rune will be battling it out for two places in the semi-finals on Saturday and Hurkacz may be a tougher opponent for the world No 1 than Tsitsipas.

While Djokovic holds a 6-0 record against the Polish star, he has stated his belief that he is one of the toughest opponents on the ATP Tour due to his power-packed serve that he admits he struggles to read.

Djokovic staggered to a 7-6(6) 7-6(6) 5-7 6-4 win against Hurkacz at Wimbledon last summer and admitted it was a tough test for him on grass.

“Honestly I don’t recall the last time I felt this miserable on returning games,” he said.

“He has one of the best serves in the world and it’s difficult to read it on one of the quickest surfaces in the sport. It was not enjoyable for me.

“In the important moments, I was fortunate to win that first set. This match could have gone a different way but I held my nerves when it mattered.”

We can expect more of the same when Djokovic and Hurkacz meet again on Thursday and Djokovic will need to win to stay in the ATP Finals.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 16 01:17:32 2023
    On 15/11/2023 9:50 pm, *skriptis wrote:
    The Iceberg <iceberg.rules@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    wow amazed he wonhttps://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/tennis/jannik-sinner-snaps-stunning-novak-djokovic-statistic-in-incredible-atp-finals-win/ar-AA1jWgNXJannik Sinner snaps stunning Novak Djokovic

You can't win them all, and you certainly can't win 6 or more times in a row after losing first set, especially against German Sinner with an Italian passport playing in Italy.

Sinner was redlining entire match, and Djokovic played stupid tiebreaker trying to extract errors from Sinner.

1st set 5-5 Novak led 40-0 on serve and lost 9 points in a row to lose
    it - unusual to see that from him. The 40-0 point just clipped the back
    of the line. Like Novak said he's won a lot of these close matches but
    can't win them all. I don't care who wins this title - may the best man
    this week win - but would be cool to see Novak go past Fed and win 7,
    and get his 100th title overall around AO time.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gap@21:1/5 to Whisper on Wed Nov 15 07:26:57 2023
    On Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 9:17:44 AM UTC-5, Whisper wrote:
    On 15/11/2023 9:50 pm, *skriptis wrote:
    The Iceberg <iceber...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    wow amazed he wonhttps://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/tennis/jannik-sinner-snaps-stunning-novak-djokovic-statistic-in-incredible-atp-finals-win/ar-AA1jWgNXJannik Sinner snaps stunning Novak Djokovic

1st set 5-5 Novak led 40-0 on serve and lost 9 points in a row to lose
    it - unusual to see that from him. The 40-0 point just clipped the back
    of the line. Like Novak said he's won a lot of these close matches but
    can't win them all. I don't care who wins this title - may the best man
    this week win - but would be cool to see Novak go past Fed and win 7,
    and get his 100th title overall around AO time.

Djoker should of won, but careless or overconfident? Crowd annoying got on his nerves too!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Pelle_Svansl=C3=B6s?=@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Wed Nov 15 19:04:12 2023
    On 15.11.2023 12.29, The Iceberg wrote:
    wow amazed he won

Sinner played very well. The best I think I've seen of him. He seems to
    be someone who has actually progressed.

As has become the norm in Djokovic matches in 2023, the world No 1 took on the boos and jeers that came his way as he fought a tide of support for Sinner by holding his finger to his ear and encouraged the abuse that he admits inspires him to greater
    heights.

Djok even conducted the jeering and booing like it was a waltz flowing
    like the Danube. He's a born kapellmeister.

--
    "And off they went, from here to there,
    The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair"
    -- Traditional

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From grif@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 15 18:04:07 2023
    On 15/11/2023 17:04, Pelle Svanslös wrote:
    wow amazed he won

Sinner played very well. The best I think I've seen of him. He seems to be someone who has actually progressed.

heights.

Djok even conducted the jeering and booing like it was a waltz flowing like the Danube. He's a born kapellmeister.

He did something similar at the Paris indoors. It was brilliant to see, lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOHGIDD4Pr8&t=2s

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gap@21:1/5 to grif on Wed Nov 15 10:53:51 2023
    On Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 1:04:11 PM UTC-5, grif wrote:
    wow amazed he won

Sinner played very well. The best I think I've seen of him. He seems to be someone who has actually progressed.

As has become the norm in Djokovic matches in 2023, the world No 1 took on the boos and jeers that came his way as he fought a tide of support for Sinner by holding his finger to his ear and encouraged the abuse that he admits inspires him to
    greater heights.

Djok even conducted the jeering and booing like it was a waltz flowing like the Danube. He's a born kapellmeister.

He did something similar at the Paris indoors. It was brilliant to see, lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOHGIDD4Pr8&t=2s

Rune Vs Sinner should be a good match tomorrow!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From grif@21:1/5 to gap on Wed Nov 15 19:24:25 2023
    On 15/11/2023 18:53, gap wrote:
    On Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 1:04:11 PM UTC-5, grif wrote:
    wow amazed he won

As has become the norm in Djokovic matches in 2023, the world No 1 took on the boos and jeers that came his way as he fought a tide of support for Sinner by holding his finger to his ear and encouraged the abuse that he admits inspires him to
    greater heights.

He did something similar at the Paris indoors. It was brilliant to see, lol. >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOHGIDD4Pr8&t=2s

Rune Vs Sinner should be a good match tomorrow!

Hopefully, it's a great match. Rune leads 2-0 but Sinner looks like he's on a mission for payback.

You can also see just how highly Alcaraz regards Sinner. He thinks Sinner could reach number 1 next year!
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/tennis/news-jannik-sinner-going-reach-world-no-1-2024-carlos-alcaraz-makes-bold-statement-watching-italian-s-takedown-novak-djokovic-atp-finals

It kinda feels like Alcaraz, Sinner, Rune will be the new Big 3 and they are just using Tsitispas as a punchbag, lol. It's like how up-and-coming boxers use washed-up fighters to pad their records.

A bit of fun
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBAY4BSntg8

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Kalevi Kolttonen@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Wed Nov 15 21:42:53 2023
    The Iceberg <iceberg.rules@gmail.com> wrote:
    wow amazed he won

I had to go to sleep after two sets, but I am not
    surprised that Sinner won. He is a really tough
    contender. He is well capable of winning Grand Slam
    tournaments.

br,
    KK

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Scall5@21:1/5 to Kalevi Kolttonen on Wed Nov 15 18:38:13 2023
    On 11/15/2023 3:42 PM, Kalevi Kolttonen wrote:
    wow amazed he won

tournaments.

br,
    KK

Agreed.
    --
    ---------------
    Scall5

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 15 17:32:24 2023
    It's about time another young player beat Djokovic! I didn't see any ATP Finals matches yet but I watched some of the Sinner-Djokovic match highlights and it appears that Sinner(a player I've criticized in abundance on this ng) has improved a lot. I
    always thought he was a glorified Berdych but I think the difference may be that Sinner has the champion's mentality. He wants to win big things and won't be satisfied unless he does. Good to see.

Hopefully, Rune, Sinner, and Alcaraz will continue to challenge Djokovic but until they do it consistently at the slams, it means little.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 15 18:40:10 2023
    On Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 5:32:27 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote:
    It's about time another young player beat Djokovic! I didn't see any ATP Finals matches yet but I watched some of the Sinner-Djokovic match highlights and it appears that Sinner(a player I've criticized in abundance on this ng) has improved a lot. I
    always thought he was a glorified Berdych but I think the difference may be that Sinner has the champion's mentality. He wants to win big things and won't be satisfied unless he does. Good to see.

Hopefully, Rune, Sinner, and Alcaraz will continue to challenge Djokovic but until they do it consistently at the slams, it means little.

Let's just enjoy the moment. ;)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to grif on Thu Nov 16 18:58:17 2023
    On 16/11/2023 6:24 am, grif wrote:

It kinda feels like Alcaraz, Sinner, Rune will be the new Big 3

I've been saying these 3 are the next big 3 for a while, a cut above the
    rest even Medvedev who can keep up with them now and again. Rune is raw
    but clearly has shown the goods to win slams for about a year now.
    Sinner has been slow to ramp up a gear but it was just a matter of time,
    too good not to. Once he gets to no.1 he may stay there for a while -
    depends how long and how consistently Alcaraz can maintain his explosive
    A game. Sinner may have the longer staying power and be the new
    Djokovic, his game looks a bit more efficient and easier on the body
    than Alcaraz style. Hard to project out to 10+ years but they should
    dominate the next 5 yrs for starters. I'd say Wimbledon/USO will be
    Sinner's best slams, Rune will be at his best at FO/AO, Alcaraz may be
    at his very best at FO but he'll be a big fave at all 4, I expect at
    least a double career slam from him.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 16 18:59:34 2023
    On 16/11/2023 11:38 am, Scall5 wrote:
    wow amazed he won

tournaments.

br,
    KK

Agreed.

There's still pressure on him to actually do it. When he wins his 1st
    the flood gates may open.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 16 03:12:51 2023
    On Thursday, 16 November 2023 at 01:32:27 UTC, Court_1 wrote:

Sinner has had the shots for 2 years, he's just useless in finals, yes he beat Djoker but it wasn't a final.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to Whisper on Thu Nov 16 03:14:56 2023
    On Thursday, 16 November 2023 at 07:59:40 UTC, Whisper wrote:
    On 16/11/2023 11:38 am, Scall5 wrote:
    The Iceberg <iceber...@gmail.com> wrote:
    wow amazed he won

tournaments.

br,
    KK

Agreed.
    There's still pressure on him to actually do it. When he wins his 1st
    the flood gates may open.

still reckon he needs a slam-winning coach to win a slam, still quite something to take out Djoker even if it was a tiebreak, will be interesting to see how he does in these finals!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From grif@21:1/5 to Whisper on Thu Nov 16 19:46:19 2023
    On 16/11/2023 07:58, Whisper wrote:

I've been saying these 3 are the next big 3 for a while, a cut above the rest even Medvedev who can keep up with them now and again.  Rune is raw but clearly has shown the goods to win slams for about a year now. Sinner has been slow to ramp up a gear
    but it was just a matter of time, too good not to.  Once he gets to no.1 he may stay there for a while - depends how long and how consistently Alcaraz can maintain his explosive A game.  Sinner may have the longer staying power and be the new Djokovic,
    his game looks a bit more efficient and easier on the body than Alcaraz style.  Hard to project out to 10+ years but they should dominate the next 5 yrs for starters.  I'd say Wimbledon/USO will be Sinner's best slams, Rune will be at his best at FO/AO,
    Alcaraz may be at his very best at FO but he'll be a big fave at all 4, I expect at least a double career slam from him.

“The field is strong. I mean, the generation of Alcaraz, Rune, Sinner is very strong. It's probably the three players that will carry this sport in the future but also in the present because they are right at the top of the game, all of them,”
    Djokovic said. “Of course, it's expected for young players to be hungry, to be motivated, and to constantly look for ways to improve, get stronger, faster, better, so they can beat the best players in the world, and clinch some [of the] biggest
    trophies in the game.” https://www.atptour.com/en/news/djokovic-nitto-atp-finals-2023-thursday-reaction

Novak has said that Rune reminds him of himself. But Sinner also kinda reminds me of Djoker with his strong return game and balance (both have skiing backgrounds).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Pelle_Svansl=C3=B6s?=@21:1/5 to grif on Thu Nov 16 23:33:44 2023
    On 16.11.2023 21.46, grif wrote:

I've been saying these 3 are the next big 3 for a while, a cut above
    the rest even Medvedev who can keep up with them now and again.  Rune
    is raw but clearly has shown the goods to win slams for about a year
    now. Sinner has been slow to ramp up a gear but it was just a matter
    of time, too good not to.  Once he gets to no.1 he may stay there for
    a while - depends how long and how consistently Alcaraz can maintain
    his explosive A game.  Sinner may have the longer staying power and be
    the new Djokovic, his game looks a bit more efficient and easier on
    the body than Alcaraz style.  Hard to project out to 10+ years but
    they should dominate the next 5 yrs for starters.  I'd say
    Wimbledon/USO will be Sinner's best slams, Rune will be at his best at
    FO/AO, Alcaraz may be at his very best at FO but he'll be a big fave
    at all 4, I expect at least a double career slam from him.

“The field is strong. I mean, the generation of Alcaraz, Rune, Sinner is very strong. It's probably the three players that will carry this sport
    in the future but also in the present because they are right at the top
    of the game, all of them,” Djokovic said. “Of course, it's expected for young players to be hungry, to be motivated, and to constantly look for
    ways to improve, get stronger, faster, better, so they can beat the best players in the world, and clinch some [of the] biggest trophies in the game.” https://www.atptour.com/en/news/djokovic-nitto-atp-finals-2023-thursday-reaction

Novak has said that Rune reminds him of himself. But Sinner also kinda reminds me of Djoker with his strong return game and balance (both have skiing backgrounds).

Yeah. He pummeled Djok's serve. He served pretty good himself too.
    Apparently has changed from the platform stance to the pinpoint stance (Ivanisevic) on the serve. Seems to work for him.

--
    "And off they went, from here to there,
    The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair"
    -- Traditional

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From grif@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 16 21:52:21 2023
    On 16/11/2023 21:33, Pelle Svanslös wrote:

I've been saying these 3 are the next big 3 for a while, a cut above the rest even Medvedev who can keep up with them now and again.  Rune is raw but clearly has shown the goods to win slams for about a year now. Sinner has been slow to ramp up a
    gear but it was just a matter of time, too good not to.  Once he gets to no.1 he may stay there for a while - depends how long and how consistently Alcaraz can maintain his explosive A game.  Sinner may have the longer staying power and be the new
    Djokovic, his game looks a bit more efficient and easier on the body than Alcaraz style.  Hard to project out to 10+ years but they should dominate the next 5 yrs for starters.  I'd say Wimbledon/USO will be Sinner's best slams, Rune will be at his
    best at FO/AO, Alcaraz may be at his very best at FO but he'll be a big fave at all 4, I expect at least a double career slam from him.

“The field is strong. I mean, the generation of Alcaraz, Rune, Sinner is very strong. It's probably the three players that will carry this sport in the future but also in the present because they are right at the top of the game, all of them,”
    Djokovic said. “Of course, it's expected for young players to be hungry, to be motivated, and to constantly look for ways to improve, get stronger, faster, better, so they can beat the best players in the world, and clinch some [of the] biggest
    trophies in the game.”
    https://www.atptour.com/en/news/djokovic-nitto-atp-finals-2023-thursday-reaction

Yeah. He pummeled Djok's serve. He served pretty good himself too. Apparently has changed from the platform stance to the pinpoint stance (Ivanisevic) on the serve. Seems to work for him.

Sinner has improved his serve. But Rune has just won the 2nd set and looks to be in the ascendancy. Sinner is already through to the semis regardless if he loses.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From grif@21:1/5 to gap on Thu Nov 16 22:33:03 2023
    On 16/11/2023 22:22, gap wrote:
    On Thursday, November 16, 2023 at 4:52:24 PM UTC-5, grif wrote:

I've been saying these 3 are the next big 3 for a while, a cut above the rest even Medvedev who can keep up with them now and again. Rune is raw but clearly has shown the goods to win slams for about a year now. Sinner has been slow to ramp up a
    gear but it was just a matter of time, too good not to. Once he gets to no.1 he may stay there for a while - depends how long and how consistently Alcaraz can maintain his explosive A game. Sinner may have the longer staying power and be the new
    Djokovic, his game looks a bit more efficient and easier on the body than Alcaraz style. Hard to project out to 10+ years but they should dominate the next 5 yrs for starters. I'd say Wimbledon/USO will be Sinner's best slams, Rune will be at his best
    at FO/AO, Alcaraz may be at his very best at FO but he'll be a big fave at all 4, I expect at least a double career slam from him.

trophies in the game.”
    https://www.atptour.com/en/news/djokovic-nitto-atp-finals-2023-thursday-reaction

Yeah. He pummeled Djok's serve. He served pretty good himself too. Apparently has changed from the platform stance to the pinpoint stance (Ivanisevic) on the serve. Seems to work for him.

Sinner has improved his serve. But Rune has just won the 2nd set and looks to be in the ascendancy. Sinner is already through to the semis regardless if he loses.

If Sinner loses, Djoker is out!

I blame Tshitipas.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gap@21:1/5 to grif on Thu Nov 16 14:22:00 2023
    On Thursday, November 16, 2023 at 4:52:24 PM UTC-5, grif wrote:

I've been saying these 3 are the next big 3 for a while, a cut above the rest even Medvedev who can keep up with them now and again. Rune is raw but clearly has shown the goods to win slams for about a year now. Sinner has been slow to ramp up a
    gear but it was just a matter of time, too good not to. Once he gets to no.1 he may stay there for a while - depends how long and how consistently Alcaraz can maintain his explosive A game. Sinner may have the longer staying power and be the new
    Djokovic, his game looks a bit more efficient and easier on the body than Alcaraz style. Hard to project out to 10+ years but they should dominate the next 5 yrs for starters. I'd say Wimbledon/USO will be Sinner's best slams, Rune will be at his best
    at FO/AO, Alcaraz may be at his very best at FO but he'll be a big fave at all 4, I expect at least a double career slam from him.

trophies in the game.”

If Sinner loses, Djoker is out!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Thu Nov 16 19:16:16 2023
    On Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 9:40:12 PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:
    On Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 5:32:27 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote:

Let's just enjoy the moment. ;)

Ok but what I said is true. These players can beat Djokovic to a pulp in best of three but until they do it over and over again in best of five and dethrone Djokovic, who really cares?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05