• Fed - I do not get it?

From MBDunc@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 6 10:18:39 2023
    "Overall, Djokovic is the best of all-time on the numbers, but many will still pick Federer because of what he contributed to the game on so many levels.”

Above is recent Murray quote.

I surely know that Fed will be fans favorite forever.

But Fed actual contribution to the game?...... you rarely see more conservative and "best we do nothing" approach?

Fed played his game. Was superb. Great tier1 career. But his world-wide contribution to a men's tennis? Borg/Connor/Agassi did tons more even not trying it desperately? Fed was just a successful player but he never excelled of court?

.mikko

.mikko

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From MBDunc@21:1/5 to MBDunc on Fri Oct 6 10:19:33 2023
    On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 8:18:41 PM UTC+3, MBDunc wrote:
    "Overall, Djokovic is the best of all-time on the numbers, but many will still pick Federer because of what he contributed to the game on so many levels.”

But Fed actual contribution to the game?...... you rarely see more conservative and "best we do nothing" approach?

Fed played his game. Was superb. Great tier1 career. But his world-wide contribution to a men's tennis? Borg/Connor/Agassi did tons more even not trying it desperately? Fed was just a successful player but he never excelled of court?

.mikko

Henman quote, not Murray's?

.mikko

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From MBDunc@21:1/5 to MBDunc on Fri Oct 6 10:22:07 2023

.mikko

1 Henman's quote, not Murray's - sorry.
    2 excelled of court -> excelled off court

.mikko

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to MBDunc on Fri Oct 6 19:25:10 2023
    MBDunc <michaelb@dnainternet.net> Wrote in message:r
    "Overall, Djokovic is the best of all-time on the numbers, but many will still pick Federer because of what he contributed to the game on so many levels.”Above is recent Murray quote.I surely know that Fed will be fans favorite forever.But Fed actual
    contribution to the game?...... you rarely see more conservative and "best we do nothing" approach?Fed played his game. Was superb. Great tier1 career. But his world-wide contribution to a men's tennis? Borg/Connor/Agassi did tons more even not trying it
    desperately? Fed was just a successful player but he never excelled of court?.mikko.mikko

I can perhaps see it as him being the reason for tennis boom?

But if my memory serves me right, it only happened after Nadal joined him.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to MBDunc on Fri Oct 6 13:51:51 2023
    "Overall, Djokovic is the best of all-time on the numbers, but many will still pick Federer because of what he contributed to the game on so many levels.Above is recent Murray quote.I surely know that Fed will be fans favorite forever.But Fed actual
    contribution to the game?...... you rarely see more conservative and "best we do nothing" approach?Fed played his game. Was superb. Great tier1 career. But his world-wide contribution to a men's tennis? Borg/Connor/Agassi did tons more even not trying it
    desperately? Fed was just a successful player but he never excelled of court?.mikko.mikko

We know you loved Federer too much over the years, you were clear about it in your posts :)

Regarding your question, do you need support on your position from rst? You will get it surely from whisper, he is a fed fan as well.

If you want my opinion on the matter, sorry your mind is made.
    --

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From MBDunc@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Fri Oct 6 11:30:43 2023
    On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 8:51:56 PM UTC+3, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    MBDunc <mich...@dnainternet.net> Wrote in message:r
    "Overall, Djokovic is the best of all-time on the numbers, but many will still pick Federer because of what he contributed to the game on so many levels.”Above is recent Murray quote.I surely know that Fed will be fans favorite forever.But Fed
    actual contribution to the game?...... you rarely see more conservative and "best we do nothing" approach?Fed played his game. Was superb. Great tier1 career. But his world-wide contribution to a men's tennis? Borg/Connor/Agassi did tons more even not
    trying it desperately? Fed was just a successful player but he never excelled of court?.mikko.mikko

We know you loved Federer too much over the years, you were clear about it in your posts :)

No, I just hated Sampras more? :) *) (note I declared Sampras GOAT after USO 2002 win)

But seriously. As like Court has underlined : for GOAT race ...all other claims are practically subjective excuses? Similar to my Sampras -case denial?

*) I learnt to like Lendl and Sampras over the years but have to admit my love for Becker has significantly decreased due his off-court stuff...

Sidenote: one player I have learnt to love : Murray!

.mikko

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to MBDunc on Fri Oct 6 15:25:55 2023
    On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 8:51:56PM UTC+3, PeteWasLucky wrote:> MBDunc <mich...@dnainternet.net> Wrote in message:r> > "Overall, Djokovic is the best of all-time on the numbers, but many will still pick Federer because of what he contributed to
    the game on so many levels.Above is recent Murray quote.I surely know that Fed will be fans favorite forever.But Fed actual contribution to the game?...... you rarely see more conservative and "best we do nothing" approach?Fed played his game. Was
    superb. Great tier1 career. But his world-wide contribution to a men's tennis? Borg/Connor/Agassi did tons more even not trying it desperately? Fed was just a successful player but he never excelled of court?.mikko.mikko > > We know you loved Federer too
    much over the years, you were clear about it in your posts :) No, I just hated Sampras more? :) *) (note I declared Sampras GOAT after USO 2002 win)But seriously. As like Court has underlined : for GOAT race ...all other claims are practically
    subjective excuses? Similar to my Sampras -case denial?*) I learnt to like Lendl and Sampras over the years but have to admit my love for Becker has significantly decreased due his off-court stuff...Sidenote: one player I have learnt to love : Murray!.
    mikko

Never hated Sampras, I have stated this many times. I mentioned when I decided to transform my game, I picked the best effortless player at the time and it was Sampras. I switched to the heaviest targets racquets which was his. He inspired me for 5 years
    and I was huge fan and wanted him to win all the time. I remember sitting and watching him giving a tennis lesson to Roddick in the uso. During this time a friend told me about that young talented guy named Federer, I watched him growing and maturing as
    a player and yes he was super talented, plus he was entertaining to watch.

I invented my alias pwl just to counter for the craziness that whisper came with against Federer. It was continuous discrediting to anything Federer achieved after his pick Roddick proved to be useless against Federer. I don't believe I have ever said
    anything negative about his game other than bringing the effectiveness of the serve versus the looks of the server, comparing him to other great servers.

So my tennis inspiration that I used to stay healthy and keep playing tennis started with Boris, Edberg, Sampras, and ended with Federer.

In the last 5-7 years I knew I was selfish because I wanted Federer to keep playing even though he was getting older but he was the only one I would commit myself to watch play.

I hope you understand now.
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From MBDunc@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Fri Oct 6 12:59:14 2023
    On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 10:26:01 PM UTC+3, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 8:51:56 PM UTC+3, PeteWasLucky wrote:> MBDunc <mich...@dnainternet.net> Wrote in message:r> > "Overall, Djokovic is the best of all-time on the numbers, but many will still pick Federer because of what he contributed to
    the game on so many levels.”Above is recent Murray quote.I surely know that Fed will be fans favorite forever.But Fed actual contribution to the game?...... you rarely see more conservative and "best we do nothing" approach?Fed played his game. Was
    superb. Great tier1 career. But his world-wide contribution to a men's tennis? Borg/Connor/Agassi did tons more even not trying it desperately? Fed was just a successful player but he never excelled of court?.mikko.mikko > > We know you loved Federer too
    much over the years, you were clear about it in your posts :) No, I just hated Sampras more? :) *) (note I declared Sampras GOAT after USO 2002 win)But seriously. As like Court has underlined : for GOAT race ...all other claims are practically subjective
    excuses? Similar to my Sampras -case denial?*) I learnt to like Lendl and Sampras over the years but have to admit my love for Becker has significantly decreased due his off-court stuff...Sidenote: one player I have learnt to love : Murray!.mikko

Never hated Sampras, I have stated this many times. I mentioned when I decided to transform my game, I picked the best effortless player at the time and it was Sampras. I switched to the heaviest targets racquets which was his. He inspired me for 5
    years and I was huge fan and wanted him to win all the time. I remember sitting and watching him giving a tennis lesson to Roddick in the uso. During this time a friend told me about that young talented guy named Federer, I watched him growing and
    maturing as a player and yes he was super talented, plus he was entertaining to watch.

I invented my alias pwl just to counter for the craziness that whisper came with against Federer. It was continuous discrediting to anything Federer achieved after his pick Roddick proved to be useless against Federer. I don't believe I have ever said
    anything negative about his game other than bringing the effectiveness of the serve versus the looks of the server, comparing him to other great servers.

So my tennis inspiration that I used to stay healthy and keep playing tennis started with Boris, Edberg, Sampras, and ended with Federer.

In the last 5-7 years I knew I was selfish because I wanted Federer to keep playing even though he was getting older but he was the only one I would commit myself to watch play.

Honest stuff, makes perfect sense. No prob. This is entertainment stuff, not curing cancers, stopping wars.

We all have own untouchable spots (like me: Safin, Hingis, Kuerten......Delpo....) for various of reasons.

.mikko

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to MBDunc on Fri Oct 6 13:08:52 2023
    On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 3:59:15 PM UTC-4, MBDunc wrote:
    On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 8:51:56 PM UTC+3, PeteWasLucky wrote:> MBDunc <mich...@dnainternet.net> Wrote in message:r> > "Overall, Djokovic is the best of all-time on the numbers, but many will still pick Federer because of what he contributed
    to the game on so many levels.”Above is recent Murray quote.I surely know that Fed will be fans favorite forever.But Fed actual contribution to the game?...... you rarely see more conservative and "best we do nothing" approach?Fed played his game. Was
    much over the years, you were clear about it in your posts :) No, I just hated Sampras more? :) *) (note I declared Sampras GOAT after USO 2002 win)But seriously. As like Court has underlined : for GOAT race ...all other claims are practically subjective
    excuses? Similar to my Sampras -case denial?*) I learnt to like Lendl and Sampras over the years but have to admit my love for Becker has significantly decreased due his off-court stuff...Sidenote: one player I have learnt to love : Murray!.mikko

Never hated Sampras, I have stated this many times. I mentioned when I decided to transform my game, I picked the best effortless player at the time and it was Sampras. I switched to the heaviest targets racquets which was his. He inspired me for 5
    years and I was huge fan and wanted him to win all the time. I remember sitting and watching him giving a tennis lesson to Roddick in the uso. During this time a friend told me about that young talented guy named Federer, I watched him growing and
    maturing as a player and yes he was super talented, plus he was entertaining to watch.

I invented my alias pwl just to counter for the craziness that whisper came with against Federer. It was continuous discrediting to anything Federer achieved after his pick Roddick proved to be useless against Federer. I don't believe I have ever
    said anything negative about his game other than bringing the effectiveness of the serve versus the looks of the server, comparing him to other great servers.

Honest stuff, makes perfect sense. No prob. This is entertainment stuff, not curing cancers, stopping wars.

We all have own untouchable spots (like me: Safin, Hingis, Kuerten......Delpo....) for various of reasons.

.mikko

Safin was a brute tennis force, and womanizer :)
    Kuerten had an artist touch.
    Delpo was pain in Federer's back.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From MBDunc@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Fri Oct 6 13:26:41 2023
    On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 11:08:54 PM UTC+3, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 3:59:15 PM UTC-4, MBDunc wrote:
    On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 8:51:56 PM UTC+3, PeteWasLucky wrote:> MBDunc <mich...@dnainternet.net> Wrote in message:r> > "Overall, Djokovic is the best of all-time on the numbers, but many will still pick Federer because of what he contributed
    to the game on so many levels.”Above is recent Murray quote.I surely know that Fed will be fans favorite forever.But Fed actual contribution to the game?...... you rarely see more conservative and "best we do nothing" approach?Fed played his game. Was

I invented my alias pwl just to counter for the craziness that whisper came with against Federer. It was continuous discrediting to anything Federer achieved after his pick Roddick proved to be useless against Federer. I don't believe I have ever
    said anything negative about his game other than bringing the effectiveness of the serve versus the looks of the server, comparing him to other great servers.

.mikko
    Safin was a brute tennis force, and womanizer :)
    Kuerten had an artist touch.
    Delpo was pain in Federer's back.

And Hingis was manizer! (even with Stepanek - though he had some *not public* good assets)

.mikko

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to MBDunc on Fri Oct 6 14:19:31 2023
    On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 1:18:41 PM UTC-4, MBDunc wrote:

???? Are you kidding?
    He contributed to the game by being the most popular men's player of all time and putting people in stadiums, and having people watch him play on tv. He excelled off court more than any other men's player surpassing Borg, Connors, Agassi in that regard.
    It's not even close.

That's why people have tepid responses to Djokovic despite the fact that he shattered every pertinent record. The guy was a knob and in that respect wasn't good enough to shine Federer's shoes. That's why Djokovic was so intent on breaking Federer's
    records. That was his FU to Fed's popularity which he couldn't come close to no matter how hard he tried.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to olympia0000@yahoo.com on Fri Oct 6 17:43:45 2023
    Court_1 <olympia0000@yahoo.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 1:18:41PM UTC-4, MBDunc wrote:> "Overall, Djokovic is the best of all-time on the numbers, but many will still pick Federer because of what he contributed to the game on so many levels. > > Above is recent Murray quote. >
    I surely know that Fed will be fans favorite forever. > > But Fed actual contribution to the game?...... you rarely see more conservative and "best we do nothing" approach? > > Fed played his game. Was superb. Great tier1 career. But his world-wide
    contribution to a men's tennis? Borg/Connor/Agassi did tons more even not trying it desperately? Fed was just a successful player but he never excelled of court? ???? Are you kidding?He contributed to the game by being the most popular men's player of
    all time and putting people in stadiums, and having people watch him play on tv. He excelled off court more than any other men's player surpassing Borg, Connors, Agassi in that regard. It's not even close.That's why people have tepid responses to
    Djokovic despite the fact that he shattered every pertinent record. The guy was a knob and in that respect wasn't good enough to shine Federer's shoes. That's why Djokovic was so intent on breaking Federer's records. That was his FU to Fed's popularity
    which he couldn't come close to no matter how hard he tried.

And Djokovic is the GOAT and age doesn't matter...
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Fri Oct 6 15:02:29 2023
    On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 5:43:49 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    Court_1 > Wrote in message:r
    On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 1:18:41 PM UTC-4, MBDunc wrote:> "Overall, Djokovic is the best of all-time on the numbers, but many will still pick Federer because of what he contributed to the game on so many levels.” > > Above is recent Murray
    quote. > > I surely know that Fed will be fans favorite forever. > > But Fed actual contribution to the game?...... you rarely see more conservative and "best we do nothing" approach? > > Fed played his game. Was superb. Great tier1 career. But his world-
    wide contribution to a men's tennis? Borg/Connor/Agassi did tons more even not trying it desperately? Fed was just a successful player but he never excelled of court? ???? Are you kidding?He contributed to the game by being the most popular men's player
    of all time and putting people in stadiums, and having people watch him play on tv. He excelled off court more than any other men's player surpassing Borg, Connors, Agassi in that regard. It's not even close.That's why people have tepid responses to
    Djokovic despite the fact that he shattered every pertinent record. The guy was a knob and in that respect wasn't good enough to shine Federer's shoes. That's why Djokovic was so intent on breaking Federer's records. That was his FU to Fed's popularity

1) What does Federer's popularity have to do with any of that?

2) I don't know for sure which player is the GOAT. I do know it isn't Federer no matter how beautiful his game was.

3) I never said age doesn't matter. I said you can't claim it's a negative factor when you're beating Nadal for the first time repeatedly in a decade, making slam finals, outplaying Djokovic for large portions of a match, demolishing all other players.
    It's a STUPID argument. If Federer were losing to lesser players in early rounds, then you'd have a case.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 6 15:02:49 2023
    On Friday, 6 October 2023 at 18:25:10 UTC+1, *skriptis wrote:
    "Overall, Djokovic is the best of all-time on the numbers, but many will still pick Federer because of what he contributed to the game on so many levels.”Above is recent Murray quote.I surely know that Fed will be fans favorite forever.But Fed
    actual contribution to the game?...... you rarely see more conservative and "best we do nothing" approach?Fed played his game. Was superb. Great tier1 career. But his world-wide contribution to a men's tennis? Borg/Connor/Agassi did tons more even not
    trying it desperately? Fed was just a successful player but he never excelled of court?.mikko.mikko

also he broke new ground with 20 slams and took tennis into the new multimedia world, speaking multiple languages fluently, wasn't he also the first player to be "good at every stroke", so possibly he took the game to next level that way.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to MBDunc on Fri Oct 6 15:04:12 2023
    On Friday, 6 October 2023 at 19:30:45 UTC+1, MBDunc wrote:
    On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 8:51:56 PM UTC+3, PeteWasLucky wrote:

No, I just hated Sampras more? :) *) (note I declared Sampras GOAT after USO 2002 win)

But seriously. As like Court has underlined : for GOAT race ...all other claims are practically subjective excuses? Similar to my Sampras -case denial?

*) I learnt to like Lendl and Sampras over the years but have to admit my love for Becker has significantly decreased due his off-court stuff...

Sidenote: one player I have learnt to love : Murray!

HOORAY!!!!! :D

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Fri Oct 6 15:08:55 2023
    On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 6:02:51 PM UTC-4, The Iceberg wrote:
    On Friday, 6 October 2023 at 18:25:10 UTC+1, *skriptis wrote:

also he broke new ground with 20 slams and took tennis into the new multimedia world, speaking multiple languages fluently, wasn't he also the first player to be "good at every stroke", so possibly he took the game to next level that way.

Yes. That's all true IMO. His artistry was second to none, he was usually calm and neutral similar to Borg when playing and didn't allow himself to get embroiled in too many controversies when playing. People liked that. The fact that he spoke multiple
    languages helped him but it wasn't the main thing. Djokovic speaks multiple languages and has never been popular.

His artistry and demeanor made him the superstar he was. He has a quiet elegance and charisma which Nadal, Djokovic do not have. It's hard to describe it but he had "it."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to MBDunc on Fri Oct 6 18:17:26 2023
    On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 11:08:54PM UTC+3, PeteWasLucky wrote:> On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 3:59:15PM UTC-4, MBDunc wrote: > > On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 10:26:01PM UTC+3, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > > MBDunc <mich...@dnainternet.net> Wrote in
    message:r > > > > On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 8:51:56 PM UTC+3, PeteWasLucky wrote:> MBDunc <mich...@dnainternet.net> Wrote in message:r> > "Overall, Djokovic is the best of all-time on the numbers, but many will still pick Federer because of what he
    contributed to the game on so many levels.Above is recent Murray quote.I surely know that Fed will be fans favorite forever.But Fed actual contribution to the game?...... you rarely see more conservative and "best we do nothing" approach?Fed played his
    game. Was superb. Great tier1 career. But his world-wide contribution to a men's tennis? Borg/Connor/Agassi did tons more even not trying it desperately? Fed was just a successful player but he never excelled of court?.mikko.mikko > > We know you loved
    Federer too much over the years, you were clear about it in your posts :) No, I just hated Sampras more? :) *) (note I declared Sampras GOAT after USO 2002 win)But seriously. As like Court has underlined : for GOAT race ...all other claims are
    practically subjective excuses? Similar to my Sampras -case denial?*) I learnt to like Lendl and Sampras over the years but have to admit my love for Becker has significantly decreased due his off-court stuff...Sidenote: one player I have learnt to love :
    Murray!.mikko > > > > > > Never hated Sampras, I have stated this many times. I mentioned when I decided to transform my game, I picked the best effortless player at the time and it was Sampras. I switched to the heaviest targets racquets which was his.
    He inspired me for 5 years and I was huge fan and wanted him to win all the time. I remember sitting and watching him giving a tennis lesson to Roddick in the uso. During this time a friend told me about that young talented guy named Federer, I watched
    him growing and maturing as a player and yes he was super talented, plus he was entertaining to watch. > > > > > > I invented my alias pwl just to counter for the craziness that whisper came with against Federer. It was continuous discrediting to
    anything Federer achieved after his pick Roddick proved to be useless against Federer. I don't believe I have ever said anything negative about his game other than bringing the effectiveness of the serve versus the looks of the server, comparing him to
    other great servers. > > > > > > So my tennis inspiration that I used to stay healthy and keep playing tennis started with Boris, Edberg, Sampras, and ended with Federer. > > > > > > In the last 5-7 years I knew I was selfish because I wanted Federer to
    keep playing even though he was getting older but he was the only one I would commit myself to watch play. > > > > > > I hope you understand now. > > Honest stuff, makes perfect sense. No prob. This is entertainment stuff, not curing cancers, stopping
    wars. > > > > We all have own untouchable spots (like me: Safin, Hingis, Kuerten......Delpo....) for various of reasons. > > > > .mikko> Safin was a brute tennis force, and womanizer :) > Kuerten had an artist touch. > Delpo was pain in Federer's back.
    And Hingis was manizer! (even with Stepanek - though he had some *not public* good assets).mikko

Haha :) the guy's face should be a turn off even for the most horny ones :)
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 6 18:20:38 2023
    1) What does Federer's popularity have to do with any of that?

I don't know, again you wrote a paragraph about Djokovic's greatness and you forgot to add a title for the essay, so I added one. Is it good?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to MBDunc on Sun Oct 8 20:33:14 2023
    On 7/10/2023 4:18 am, MBDunc wrote:

.mikko

.mikko

Yes, Fed will be a footnote after new fans come on the scene. This is
    just like bay City Roller fans - no one admits to it today.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to MBDunc on Sun Oct 8 20:34:18 2023
    On 7/10/2023 4:22 am, MBDunc wrote:

.mikko

1 Henman's quote, not Murray's - sorry.
    2 excelled of court -> excelled off court

.mikko

I find Federer more bland than Edberg. As far as I can see he
    contributed very little to tennis. It's all fake news.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 8 20:34:51 2023
    On 7/10/2023 4:25 am, *skriptis wrote:

Nadal was more inspirational than Federer no doubt about it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Sun Oct 8 20:36:04 2023
    On 7/10/2023 4:51 am, PeteWasLucky wrote:

Regarding your question, do you need support on your position from rst? You will get it surely from whisper, he is a fed fan as well.

If you want my opinion on the matter, sorry your mind is made.

But where is the evidence for this generational contribution to tennis
    from Roger? Bugger all from what I can see.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 8 20:45:44 2023
    On 7/10/2023 8:19 am, Court_1 wrote:
    On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 1:18:41 PM UTC-4, MBDunc wrote:

???? Are you kidding?
    He contributed to the game by being the most popular men's player of all time and putting people in stadiums, and having people watch him play on tv. He excelled off court more than any other men's player surpassing Borg, Connors, Agassi in that
    regard. It's not even close.

That's why people have tepid responses to Djokovic despite the fact that he shattered every pertinent record. The guy was a knob and in that respect wasn't good enough to shine Federer's shoes. That's >why Djokovic was so intent on breaking Federer's
    records. That was his FU to Fed's popularity which he couldn't come close to no matter how hard he tried.

Djoker's status will only grow into the future. 24 slam champ is more intriguing than 20 slam guy.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 8 20:46:36 2023
    T24gNy8xMC8yMDIzIDg6NDMgYW0sIFBldGVXYXNMdWNreSB3cm90ZToNCj4gQ291cnRfMSA8 b2x5bXBpYTAwMDBAeWFob28uY29tPiBXcm90ZSBpbiBtZXNzYWdlOnINCj4+IE9uIEZyaWRh eSwgT2N0b2JlciA2LCAyMDIzIGF0IDE6MTg6NDEaUE0gVVRDLTQsIE1CRHVuYyB3cm90ZTo+ ICJPdmVyYWxsLCBEam9rb3ZpYyBpcyB0aGUgYmVzdCBvZiBhbGwtdGltZSBvbiB0aGUgbnVt YmVycywgYnV0IG1hbnkgd2lsbCBzdGlsbCBwaWNrIEZlZGVyZXIgYmVjYXVzZSBvZiB3aGF0 IGhlIGNvbnRyaWJ1dGVkIHRvIHRoZSBnYW1lIG9uIHNvIG1hbnkgbGV2ZWxzLuKAnSA+ID4g QWJvdmUgaXMgcmVjZW50IE11cnJheSBxdW90ZS4gPiA+IEkgc3VyZWx5IGtub3cgdGhhdCBG ZWQgd2lsbCBiZSBmYW5zIGZhdm9yaXRlIGZvcmV2ZXIuID4gPiBCdXQgRmVkIGFjdHVhbCBj b250cmlidXRpb24gdG8gdGhlIGdhbWU/Li4uLi4uIHlvdSByYXJlbHkgc2VlIG1vcmUgY29u c2VydmF0aXZlIGFuZCAiYmVzdCB3ZSBkbyBub3RoaW5nIiBhcHByb2FjaD8gPiA+IEZlZCBw bGF5ZWQgaGlzIGdhbWUuIFdhcyBzdXBlcmIuIEdyZWF0IHRpZXIxIGNhcmVlci4gQnV0IGhp cyB3b3JsZC13aWRlIGNvbnRyaWJ1dGlvbiB0byBhIG1lbidzIHRlbm5pcz8gQm9yZy9Db25u b3IvQWdhc3NpIGRpZCB0b25zIG1vcmUgZXZlbiBub3QgdHJ5aW5nIGl0IGRlc3BlcmF0ZWx5 PyBGZWQgd2FzIGp1c3QgYSBzdWNjZXNzZnVsIHBsYXllciBidXQgaGUgbmV2ZXIgZXhjZWxs ZWQgb2YgY291cnQ/ID8/Pz8gQXJlIHlvdSBraWRkaW5nP0hlIGNvbnRyaWJ1dGVkIHRvIHRo ZSBnYW1lIGJ5IGJlaW5nIHRoZSBtb3N0IHBvcHVsYXIgbWVuJ3MgcGxheWVyIG9mIGFsbCB0 aW1lIGFuZCBwdXR0aW5nIHBlb3BsZSBpbiBzdGFkaXVtcywgYW5kIGhhdmluZyBwZW9wbGUg d2F0Y2ggaGltIHBsYXkgb24gdHYuICBIZSBleGNlbGxlZCBvZmYgY291cnQgbW9yZSB0aGFu IGFueSBvdGhlciBtZW4ncyBwbGF5ZXIgc3VycGFzc2luZyBCb3JnLCBDb25ub3JzLCBBZ2Fz c2kgaW4gdGhhdCByZWdhcmQuIEl0J3Mgbm90IGV2ZW4gY2xvc2UuVGhhdCdzIHdoeSBwZW9w bGUgaGF2ZSB0ZXBpZCByZXNwb25zZXMgdG8gRGpva292aWMgZGVzcGl0ZSB0aGUgZmFjdCB0 aGF0IGhlIHNoYXR0ZXJlZCBldmVyeSBwZXJ0aW5lbnQgcmVjb3JkLiBUaGUgZ3V5IHdhcyBh IGtub2IgYW5kIGluIHRoYXQgcmVzcGVjdCB3YXNuJ3QgZ29vZCBlbm91Z2ggdG8gc2hpbmUg RmVkZXJlcidzIHNob2VzLiBUaGF0J3Mgd2h5IERqb2tvdmljIHdhcyBzbyBpbnRlbnQgb24g YnJlYWtpbmcgRmVkZXJlcidzIHJlY29yZHMuIFRoYXQgd2FzIGhpcyBGVSB0byBGZWQncyBw b3B1bGFyaXR5IHdoaWNoIGhlIGNvdWxkbid0IGNvbWUgY2xvc2UgdG8gbm8gbWF0dGVyIGhv dyBoYXJkIGhlIHRyaWVkLg0KPiANCj4gQW5kIERqb2tvdmljIGlzIHRoZSBHT0FUIGFuZCBh Z2UgZG9lc24ndCBtYXR0ZXIuLi4NCg0KDQpUaGUgdHJ1ZSBnb2F0IGZpbmRzIHdheXMgdG8g d2luIGF0IGFsbCBhZ2VzIGFnYWluc3QgYWxsIGdlbmVyYXRpb25zLCANCmV4Y3VzZXMgYXJl IGZvciBsZXNzZXIgcGxheWVycy4NCg0KDQo=

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 8 20:40:31 2023
    T24gNy8xMC8yMDIzIDY6MjUgYW0sIFBldGVXYXNMdWNreSB3cm90ZToNCj4gTUJEdW5jIDxt aWNoYWVsYkBkbmFpbnRlcm5ldC5uZXQ+IFdyb3RlIGluIG1lc3NhZ2U6cg0KPj4gT24gRnJp ZGF5LCBPY3RvYmVyIDYsIDIwMjMgYXQgODo1MTo1NhpQTSBVVEMrMywgUGV0ZVdhc0x1Y2t5 IHdyb3RlOj4gTUJEdW5jIDxtaWNoLi4uQGRuYWludGVybmV0Lm5ldD4gV3JvdGUgaW4gbWVz c2FnZTpyPiA+ICJPdmVyYWxsLCBEam9rb3ZpYyBpcyB0aGUgYmVzdCBvZiBhbGwtdGltZSBv biB0aGUgbnVtYmVycywgYnV0IG1hbnkgd2lsbCBzdGlsbCBwaWNrIEZlZGVyZXIgYmVjYXVz ZSBvZiB3aGF0IGhlIGNvbnRyaWJ1dGVkIHRvIHRoZSBnYW1lIG9uIHNvIG1hbnkgbGV2ZWxz LuKAnUFib3ZlIGlzIHJlY2VudCBNdXJyYXkgcXVvdGUuSSBzdXJlbHkga25vdyB0aGF0IEZl ZCB3aWxsIGJlIGZhbnMgZmF2b3JpdGUgZm9yZXZlci5CdXQgRmVkIGFjdHVhbCBjb250cmli dXRpb24gdG8gdGhlIGdhbWU/Li4uLi4uIHlvdSByYXJlbHkgc2VlIG1vcmUgY29uc2VydmF0 aXZlIGFuZCAiYmVzdCB3ZSBkbyBub3RoaW5nIiBhcHByb2FjaD9GZWQgcGxheWVkIGhpcyBn YW1lLiBXYXMgc3VwZXJiLiBHcmVhdCB0aWVyMSBjYXJlZXIuIEJ1dCBoaXMgd29ybGQtd2lk ZSBjb250cmlidXRpb24gdG8gYSBtZW4ncyB0ZW5uaXM/IEJvcmcvQ29ubm9yL0FnYXNzaSBk aWQgdG9ucyBtb3JlIGV2ZW4gbm90IHRyeWluZyBpdCBkZXNwZXJhdGVseT8gRmVkIHdhcyBq dXN0IGEgc3VjY2Vzc2Z1bCBwbGF5ZXIgYnV0IGhlIG5ldmVyIGV4Y2VsbGVkIG9mIGNvdXJ0 Py5taWtrby5taWtrbyA+ID4gV2Uga25vdyB5b3UgbG92ZWQgRmVkZXJlciB0b28gbXVjaCBv dmVyIHRoZSB5ZWFycywgeW91IHdlcmUgY2xlYXIgYWJvdXQgaXQgaW4geW91ciBwb3N0cyA6 KSAgTm8sIEkganVzdCBoYXRlZCBTYW1wcmFzIG1vcmU/IDopICAqKSAgICAobm90ZSBJIGRl Y2xhcmVkIFNhbXByYXMgR09BVCBhZnRlciBVU08gMjAwMiB3aW4pQnV0IHNlcmlvdXNseS4g QXMgbGlrZSBDb3VydCBoYXMgdW5kZXJsaW5lZCA6IGZvciBHT0FUIHJhY2UgLi4uYWxsIG90 aGVyIGNsYWltcyBhcmUgcHJhY3RpY2FsbHkgc3ViamVjdGl2ZSBleGN1c2VzPyBTaW1pbGFy IHRvIG15IFNhbXByYXMgLWNhc2UgZGVuaWFsPyopIEkgbGVhcm50IHRvIGxpa2UgTGVuZGwg YW5kIFNhbXByYXMgb3ZlciB0aGUgeWVhcnMgYnV0IGhhdmUgdG8gYWRtaXQgbXkgbG92ZSBm b3IgQmVja2VyIGhhcyBzaWduaWZpY2FudGx5IGRlY3JlYXNlZCBkdWUgaGlzIG9mZi1jb3Vy dCBzdHVmZi4uLlNpZGVub3RlOiBvbmUgcGxheWVyIEkgaGF2ZSBsZWFybnQgdG8gbG92ZSA6 IE11cnJheSEubWlra28NCj4gDQo+IE5ldmVyIGhhdGVkIFNhbXByYXMsIEkgaGF2ZSBzdGF0 ZWQgdGhpcyBtYW55IHRpbWVzLiBJIG1lbnRpb25lZCB3aGVuIEkgZGVjaWRlZCB0byB0cmFu c2Zvcm0gbXkgZ2FtZSwgSSBwaWNrZWQgdGhlIGJlc3QgZWZmb3J0bGVzcyBwbGF5ZXIgYXQg dGhlIHRpbWUgYW5kIGl0IHdhcyBTYW1wcmFzLiBJIHN3aXRjaGVkIHRvIHRoZSBoZWF2aWVz dCB0YXJnZXRzIHJhY3F1ZXRzIHdoaWNoIHdhcyBoaXMuIEhlIGluc3BpcmVkIG1lIGZvciA1 IHllYXJzIGFuZCBJIHdhcyBodWdlIGZhbiBhbmQgd2FudGVkIGhpbSB0byB3aW4gYWxsIHRo ZSB0aW1lLiBJIHJlbWVtYmVyIHNpdHRpbmcgYW5kICB3YXRjaGluZyBoaW0gZ2l2aW5nIGEg dGVubmlzIGxlc3NvbiB0byBSb2RkaWNrIGluIHRoZSB1c28uIER1cmluZyB0aGlzIHRpbWUg YSBmcmllbmQgdG9sZCBtZSBhYm91dCB0aGF0IHlvdW5nIHRhbGVudGVkIGd1eSBuYW1lZCBG ZWRlcmVyLCBJIHdhdGNoZWQgaGltIGdyb3dpbmcgYW5kIG1hdHVyaW5nIGFzIGEgcGxheWVy IGFuZCB5ZXMgaGUgd2FzIHN1cGVyIHRhbGVudGVkLCBwbHVzIGhlIHdhcyBlbnRlcnRhaW5p bmcgdG8gd2F0Y2guDQo+IA0KPiBJIGludmVudGVkIG15IGFsaWFzIHB3bCBqdXN0IHRvIGNv dW50ZXIgZm9yIHRoZSBjcmF6aW5lc3MgdGhhdCB3aGlzcGVyIGNhbWUgd2l0aCBhZ2FpbnN0 IEZlZGVyZXIuIEl0IHdhcyBjb250aW51b3VzIGRpc2NyZWRpdGluZyB0byBhbnl0aGluZyBG ZWRlcmVyIGFjaGlldmVkIGFmdGVyIGhpcyBwaWNrIFJvZGRpY2sgcHJvdmVkIHRvIGJlIHVz ZWxlc3MgYWdhaW5zdCBGZWRlcmVyLiBJIGRvbid0IGJlbGlldmUgSSBoYXZlIGV2ZXIgc2Fp ZCBhbnl0aGluZyBuZWdhdGl2ZSBhYm91dCBoaXMgZ2FtZSBvdGhlciB0aGFuIGJyaW5naW5n IHRoZSBlZmZlY3RpdmVuZXNzIG9mIHRoZSBzZXJ2ZSB2ZXJzdXMgdGhlIGxvb2tzIG9mIHRo ZSBzZXJ2ZXIsIGNvbXBhcmluZyBoaW0gdG8gb3RoZXIgZ3JlYXQgc2VydmVycy4NCj4gDQo+ IFNvIG15IHRlbm5pcyBpbnNwaXJhdGlvbiB0aGF0IEkgdXNlZCB0byBzdGF5IGhlYWx0aHkg YW5kIGtlZXAgcGxheWluZyB0ZW5uaXMgc3RhcnRlZCB3aXRoIEJvcmlzLCBFZGJlcmcsIFNh bXByYXMsIGFuZCBlbmRlZCB3aXRoIEZlZGVyZXIuDQo+IA0KPiBJbiB0aGUgbGFzdCA1LTcg eWVhcnMgSSBrbmV3IEkgd2FzIHNlbGZpc2ggYmVjYXVzZSBJIHdhbnRlZCBGZWRlcmVyIHRv IGtlZXAgcGxheWluZyBldmVuIHRob3VnaCBoZSB3YXMgZ2V0dGluZyBvbGRlciBidXQgaGUg d2FzIHRoZSBvbmx5IG9uZSBJIHdvdWxkIGNvbW1pdCBteXNlbGYgdG8gd2F0Y2ggcGxheS4N Cj4gDQo+IEkgaG9wZSB5b3UgdW5kZXJzdGFuZCBub3cuDQoNCg0KQmFzaWNhbGx5IEZlZGVy ZXIgdG8geW91IGlzIHdoYXQgTWNFbnJvZSBpcyB0byBtZS4gIEZhaXIgZW5vdWdoLiAgSGUn cyANCnlvdXIgcGVyc29uYWwgZ29hdC9ib2F0IGxpa2UgTWFjIGlzIGZvciBtZS4gIEhvd2V2 ZXIgeW91IGdvIHRvbyBmYXIgYW5kIA0KYXJndWUgRmVkIGlzIGJldHRlci9ncmVhdGVyIHRo YW4gbW9yZSBhY2NvbXBsaXNoZWQgcGxheWVycyBpbiBoaXMgZXJhLiANClRoYXQganVzdCBt YWtlcyB5b3UgbG9vayBmb29saXNoLg0K

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Whisper on Sun Oct 8 15:07:17 2023
    On Sunday, October 8, 2023 at 5:35:09 AM UTC-4, Whisper wrote:

That's silly and arguable. Let's not split hairs here. They're both legends of the sport. Their fans argue more about this inane stuff and Fedal are sitting on hundreds of millions with adoring fans all over the world.

For me, Federer has the style and grace factor locked up. Nobody comes close IMO.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to olympia0000@yahoo.com on Mon Oct 9 00:11:14 2023
    Court_1 <olympia0000@yahoo.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Sunday, October 8, 2023 at 5:35:09 AM UTC-4, Whisper wrote:> On 7/10/2023 4:25 am, *skriptis wrote: > > MBDunc <mich...@dnainternet.net> Wrote in message:r > >> "Overall, Djokovic is the best of all-time on the numbers, but many will still pick
    Federer because of what he contributed to the game on so many levels.”Above is recent Murray quote.I surely know that Fed will be fans favorite forever.But Fed actual contribution to the game?...... you rarely see more conservative and "best we do
    nothing" approach?Fed played his game. Was superb. Great tier1 career. But his world-wide contribution to a men's tennis? Borg/Connor/Agassi did tons more even not trying it desperately? Fed was just a successful player but he never excelled of court?.
    mikko.mikko > > > > > > > > I can perhaps see it as him being the reason for tennis boom? > > > > But if my memory serves me right, it only happened after Nadal joined him. > > > >> Nadal was more inspirational than Federer no doubt about it.That's silly
    and arguable. Let's not split hairs here. They're both legends of the sport. Their fans argue more about this inane stuff and Fedal are sitting on hundreds of millions with adoring fans all over the world.For me, Federer has the style and grace factor
    locked up. Nobody comes close IMO.

Nadal made their rivalry happen.
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Whisper on Sun Oct 8 15:12:50 2023
    On Sunday, October 8, 2023 at 5:46:42 AM UTC-4, Whisper wrote:
    On 7/10/2023 8:43 am, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    Court_1 Wrote in message:r
    On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 1:18:41 PM UTC-4, MBDunc wrote:> "Overall, Djokovic is the best of all-time on the numbers, but many will still pick Federer because of what he contributed to the game on so many levels.” > > Above is recent Murray
    quote. > > I surely know that Fed will be fans favorite forever. > > But Fed actual contribution to the game?...... you rarely see more conservative and "best we do nothing" approach? > > Fed played his game. Was superb. Great tier1 career. But his world-
    wide contribution to a men's tennis? Borg/Connor/Agassi did tons more even not trying it desperately? Fed was just a successful player but he never excelled of court? ???? Are you kidding?He contributed to the game by being the most popular men's player
    of all time and putting people in stadiums, and having people watch him play on tv. He excelled off court more than any other men's player surpassing Borg, Connors, Agassi in that regard. It's not even close.That's why people have tepid responses to

The true goat finds ways to win at all ages against all generations,
    excuses are for lesser players.

I agree with that. The true goat doesn't lose important match after match to his main rivals especially on his preferred surfaces. Years ago, I think it was Mary Carillo who said something like, how can Federer be the greatest of all time when he isn't
    even the best in his era? That was when Nadal was beating Federer's hide. A lot of people criticized her comment including me. But the truth is, she had that correct. It makes a lot of sense.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to All on Mon Oct 9 22:26:26 2023
    On 9/10/2023 9:07 am, Court_1 wrote:

But if my memory serves me right, it only happened after Nadal joined him. >>>

That's silly and arguable. Let's not split hairs here. They're both legends of the sport. Their fans argue more about this inane stuff and Fedal are sitting on hundreds of millions with adoring fans all over the world.

For me, Federer has the style and grace factor locked up. Nobody comes close IMO.

In this era Fed has the 'style' maybe (McEnroe beats him easily in that
    area), but grace? Nadal is the big fighter out there, heart on his
    sleeve and just prepared to punish himself for the win. He's def more inspirational that Roger imo, many players say the same.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Whisper on Mon Oct 9 15:04:43 2023
    On Monday, October 9, 2023 at 7:26:39 AM UTC-4, Whisper wrote:

In this era Fed has the 'style' maybe (McEnroe beats him easily in that area), but grace? Nadal is the big fighter out there, heart on his
    sleeve and just prepared to punish himself for the win. He's def more inspirational that Roger imo, many players say the same.

Nadal has grace? He's the antithesis of grace. Please stop! You don't like Federer and that's fine but don't be the anti-PWL crazy.
    He's crazy with his Federer adoration, don't be crazy with your anti-Federer nonsense.

McEnroe can't carry Federer's jock strap in terms of grace and popularity. Just accept it and move on already.

Federer won't be an afterthought, EVER! He's won 20 slams and has the second most weeks at number one, etc. He's the second or third greatest of all time. Stop spewing rubbish.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to All on Mon Oct 9 15:59:57 2023
    On Monday, October 9, 2023 at 3:04:45 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:

In this era Fed has the 'style' maybe (McEnroe beats him easily in that area), but grace? Nadal is the big fighter out there, heart on his

Nadal has grace? He's the antithesis of grace. Please stop! You don't like Federer and that's fine but don't be the anti-PWL crazy.
    He's crazy with his Federer adoration, don't be crazy with your anti-Federer nonsense.

McEnroe can't carry Federer's jock strap in terms of grace and popularity. Just aept it and move on already.

Federer won't be an afterthought, EVER! He's won 20 slams and has the second most weeks at number one, etc. He's the second or third greatest of all time. Stop spewing rubbish.

Haven't you realized Whisper is a twatwaffle whose Federer trolling is akin to compulsive masturbation? It's a waste of keystrokes trying to talk reasonably with him on the subject.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 10 19:53:14 2023
    On 10/10/2023 9:04 am, Court_1 wrote:

sleeve and just prepared to punish himself for the win. He's def more
    inspirational that Roger imo, many players say the same.

McEnroe can't carry Federer's jock strap in terms of grace and popularity. Just accept it and move on already.

Fed's problem is Novak could be so far ahead of him he will be rendered inconsequential. Imagine if Novak wins 30 slams (v Fed 20), 400 weeks
    at no.1 (only a few weeks away from that number) v Fed's 200 something
    weeks etc. Dominant greats from earlier eras are judged in the context
    of their own era, Fed's problem is he's from Novak's era, despite what
    PWl may say ; )

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Tue Oct 10 19:57:47 2023
    On 10/10/2023 9:59 am, Gracchus wrote:

McEnroe can't carry Federer's jock strap in terms of grace and popularity. Just aept it and move on already.

Haven't you realized Whisper is a twatwaffle whose Federer trolling is akin to compulsive masturbation? It's a waste of keystrokes trying to talk reasonably with him on the subject.

Ok I do stoke the fires a little, but seriously the more Novak wins the
    smaller Federer becomes. That wouldn't be the case if they played in
    different eras. All the greats identified their biggest rivals and made
    sure they really got up for their h2h battles as they mean so much.
    Sampras said he always found extra gears playing Agassi and Becker. You
    don't want to leave the impression the other greats of your era were
    better than you, for obvious reasons. Fed just couldn't do it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From me@21:1/5 to Whisper on Tue Oct 10 05:42:23 2023
    On Tuesday, October 10, 2023 at 9:53:29 AM UTC+1, Whisper wrote:

In this era Fed has the 'style' maybe (McEnroe beats him easily in that >> area), but grace? Nadal is the big fighter out there, heart on his

Fed's problem is Novak could be so far ahead of him he will be rendered inconsequential. Imagine if Novak wins 30 slams (v Fed 20), 400 weeks
    PWl may say ; )

Don't be an idiot. Federer has 20 slams, he will never be rendered inconsequential in tennis whatever Djokovic achieves. Players like Edberg and Becker are still considered legends with only 6 slams each. Agassi is still considered a legend with 8 slams
    despite the greater achievements of his rival Sampras. The players that will be rendered inconsequential are those that never win a slam - like Tsitsipas and Krygios, not someone like Federer.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Whisper on Tue Oct 10 18:32:53 2023
    On Tuesday, October 10, 2023 at 4:58:15 AM UTC-4, Whisper wrote:

In this era Fed has the 'style' maybe (McEnroe beats him easily in that >>> area), but grace? Nadal is the big fighter out there, heart on his
    sleeve and just prepared to punish himself for the win. He's def more >>> inspirational that Roger imo, many players say the same.

Ok I do stoke the fires a little, but seriously the more Novak wins the smaller Federer becomes.

For now and while Djokovic is still playing but not over time. New tennis stars will take over, new fans will watch the sport. They won't care about the crap Fedalovic fans obsess about now.

That wouldn't be the case if they played in
    sure they really got up for their h2h battles as they mean so much.
    Sampras said he always found extra gears playing Agassi and Becker. You don't want to leave the impression the other greats of your era were
    better than you, for obvious reasons. Fed just couldn't do it.

All of these greats from tennis history will remain greats. It's set in stone.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Whisper on Tue Oct 10 18:28:02 2023
    On Tuesday, October 10, 2023 at 4:53:29 AM UTC-4, Whisper wrote:

In this era Fed has the 'style' maybe (McEnroe beats him easily in that >> area), but grace? Nadal is the big fighter out there, heart on his

PWl may say ; )

I don't really think it will be a problem for Federer. Djokovic has already shown he's better. Even if Djokovic wins 5 more slams, Federer will still be in second or third place until or unless somebody surpasses Djokovic's records(good luck with that!)

We care about how the Big Three compare against each other but as the years go by and Djokovic retires, nobody will care about how the Big Three did against each other. People will look to the slam count, weeks at number one, etc. Other players will be
    relevant and life moves on.

The takeaway is Federer, Djokovic, and Nadal did good!!! They will always be legends. Nothing can sour that. So the nutty fans can bicker day and night until they're blue in the face. They're wasting their precious time and energy arguing over three
    legends of the sport. If only everybody could achieve the greatness in their chosen professions that Federer, Djokovic, and Nadal have in tennis.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 10 19:56:47 2023
    On Tuesday, October 10, 2023 at 6:32:55 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:

sleeve and just prepared to punish himself for the win. He's def more >>> inspirational that Roger imo, many players say the same.

Ok I do stoke the fires a little, but seriously the more Novak wins the smaller Federer becomes

For now and while Djokovic is still playing but not over time. New tennis stars will take over, new fans will watch the sport. They won't care about the crap Fedalovic fans obsess about now.

different eras. All the greats identified their biggest rivals and made sure they really got up for their h2h battles as they mean so much.

Sampras said he always found extra gears playing Agassi and Becker. You don't want to leave the impression the other greats of your era were better than you, for obvious reasons. Fed just couldn't do it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 10 20:17:52 2023

smaller Federer becomes.

different eras. All the greats identified their biggest rivals and made sure they really got up for their h2h battles as they mean so much. Sampras said he always found extra gears playing Agassi and Becker. You don't want to leave the impression the other greats of your era were better than you, for obvious reasons. Fed just couldn't do it.

A case in point: ask your average tennis fan today what they know about Laver and Rosewall. If they recall anything at all, it will be that the two are old-time tennis champions, rivals, and Australians. Would they know that Laver was the greater
    champion? Probably not. Nor would they care.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Tue Oct 10 21:17:49 2023
    On Tuesday, October 10, 2023 at 11:17:54 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:

area), but grace? Nadal is the big fighter out there, heart on his >>> sleeve and just prepared to punish himself for the win. He's def more

smaller Federer becomes.

different eras. All the greats identified their biggest rivals and made sure they really got up for their h2h battles as they mean so much. Sampras said he always found extra gears playing Agassi and Becker. You don't want to leave the impression the other greats of your era were better than you, for obvious reasons. Fed just couldn't do it.

A case in point: ask your average tennis fan today what they know about Laver and Rosewall. If they recall anything at all, it will be that the two are old-time tennis champions, rivals, and Australians. Would they know that Laver was the greater

Right.
    Whisper is RST's anti-PWL when it comes to Federer.

According to Whisper, Emma Raducanu, who won one slam because she had a fortuitous draw, is going to be a legend for all time but Federer, who won 20 slams, has the 2nd most weeks at number 1, is the second or third greatest of all time, was the most
    beloved player of all time, is going to slide into obscurity. You can't make this up.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 10 23:19:47 2023
    On Wednesday, October 11, 2023 at 12:17:52 AM UTC-4, Court_1 wrote:
    On Tuesday, October 10, 2023 at 11:17:54 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:
    On Monday, October 9, 2023 at 7:26:39 AM UTC-4, Whisper wrote: >>> On 9/10/2023 9:07 am, Court_1 wrote:

area), but grace? Nadal is the big fighter out there, heart on his >>> sleeve and just prepared to punish himself for the win. He's def more

smaller Federer becomes.

sure they really got up for their h2h battles as they mean so much. Sampras said he always found extra gears playing Agassi and Becker. You
    don't want to leave the impression the other greats of your era were better than you, for obvious reasons. Fed just couldn't do it.

Right.
    Whisper is RST's anti-PWL when it comes to Federer.

According to Whisper, Emma Raducanu, who won one slam because she had a fortuitous draw, is going to be a legend for all time but Federer, who won 20 slams, has the 2nd most weeks at number 1, is the second or third greatest of all time, was the most
    beloved player of all time, is going to slide into obscurity. You can't make this up.

You missed part of the history of rst, PWL appeared as an anti-whisper-the-sampras-fucker when he had no life other than bringing Samples as the greatest player every time Federer was adding a piece to his legacy.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From joh@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Wed Oct 11 01:01:45 2023
    On Tuesday, October 10, 2023 at 12:59:59 AM UTC+2, Gracchus wrote:

In this era Fed has the 'style' maybe (McEnroe beats him easily in that area), but grace? Nadal is the big fighter out there, heart on his sleeve and just prepared to punish himself for the win. He's def more inspirational that Roger imo, many players say the same.

He's the Gary Glitter of rst.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to joh on Wed Oct 11 01:34:56 2023
    On Wednesday, 11 October 2023 at 09:01:48 UTC+1, joh wrote:
    On Tuesday, October 10, 2023 at 12:59:59 AM UTC+2, Gracchus wrote:

area), but grace? Nadal is the big fighter out there, heart on his sleeve and just prepared to punish himself for the win. He's def more inspirational that Roger imo, many players say the same.

He's the Gary Glitter of rst.

you're the Jimmy Saville of RST! LOL

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05