• Anne and James Keothavong on their journey from a Hackney council block

From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 6 01:24:28 2023
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-7168547/amp/Anne-James-Keothavong-journey-Hackney-council-block-elite-level-tennis.html

I didn't know much about the guy other than he was nice.
    --

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Fri Oct 6 00:59:55 2023
    On Friday, 6 October 2023 at 06:24:35 UTC+1, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-7168547/amp/Anne-James-Keothavong-journey-Hackney-council-block-elite-level-tennis.html

yes she was #1 woman in Britain and both of them are nice, decent people, always have been.

one big disagreement with article: "Laos, which suffered major civil wars in the sixties and seventies" - NO, THAT's NOT TRUE, the USA illegally bombed the daylights out of Laos during the Vietnam war, literally dropping more bombs on the country than
    anywhere else in history, that's what happened!

OH NO she said "I say to them that this country has given us an opportunity, it gave my parents a chance of a better life, so I am a very proud to be British and I consider to have ended up captain of a national team a huge achievement" OHHH just can't
    understand why they aren't shouting about how they were oppressed and are YUGE victims and they're owed a living + want reparations?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Pelle_Svansl=c3=b6s?=@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Fri Oct 6 13:31:49 2023
    On 6.10.2023 10.59, The Iceberg wrote:

yes she was #1 woman in Britain and both of them are nice, decent people, always have been.

one big disagreement with article: "Laos, which suffered major civil wars in the sixties and seventies" - NO, THAT's NOT TRUE, the USA illegally bombed the daylights out of Laos during the Vietnam war, literally dropping more bombs on the country than
    anywhere else in history, that's what happened!

Ohhhh, the Vietnam waw! I'm beginning to suspect there is a comrade
    hidden under the bonnet.

OH NO she said "I say to them that this country has given us an opportunity, it gave my parents a chance of a better life, so I am a very proud to be British and I consider to have ended up captain of a national team a huge achievement" OHHH just can't
    understand why they aren't shouting about how they were oppressed and are YUGE victims and they're owed a living + want reparations?

You should be proud of your country giving their family the opportunites
    it did. In a way, I guess you are. And proud of them that they made it a win-win. But of course you manage to implicate them on your way. Next
    up: Tiny will emerge from under his rock and point out that depsite
    their success, and the success of thousands like them, their rape
    numbers are disproportionate.

--
    "And off they went, from here to there,
    The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair"
    -- Traditional

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to pelle@svans.los on Fri Oct 6 12:37:35 2023
    Pelle Svanslös <pelle@svans.los> Wrote in message:
    You should be proud of your country giving their family the opportunites it did. In a way, I guess you are. And proud of them that they made it a win-win.

But if they're so quality people as you say, then it means UK robbed Laos of their human resources, extracting quality people.

The fact they're treated better than on a slave ship would change nothing, Laos lost quality people to UK.

So USA bombs and kills their people and destroy country, then UK takes some quality people?

And what is left for Laos?

Bombed country and no quality people?

Next up: Tiny will emerge from under his rock and point out that depsite their success, and the success of thousands like them, their rape numbers are disproportionate.

Yup.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 6 03:57:23 2023
    On Friday, 6 October 2023 at 11:31:54 UTC+1, Pelle Svanslös wrote:

one big disagreement with article: "Laos, which suffered major civil wars in the sixties and seventies" - NO, THAT's NOT TRUE, the USA illegally bombed the daylights out of Laos during the Vietnam war, literally dropping more bombs on the country
    than anywhere else in history, that's what happened!
    hidden under the bonnet.
    OH NO she said "I say to them that this country has given us an opportunity, it gave my parents a chance of a better life, so I am a very proud to be British and I consider to have ended up captain of a national team a huge achievement" OHHH just can'
    t understand why they aren't shouting about how they were oppressed and are YUGE victims and they're owed a living + want reparations?
    it did. In a way, I guess you are. And proud of them that they made it a win-win. But of course you manage to implicate them on your way. Next

you thicko Marxist maroon who just wants free money as a kickback, was lauding them for putting hard and effort work in, instead of endlessly complaining, claiming to be victims despite being given huge benefits compared to where they came from and then
    demanding we owe them stuff when we don't and more importantly when others have actually put the hard work in instead of being lazy. You just don't get the lack of laziness/excuses do you?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to pelle@svans.los on Fri Oct 6 13:04:37 2023
    Dumb post.

But explain to us how is it good for Laos or any proor country to get bombed by USA for no reason and then, as a form of war reparations, such country even gets to lose human potential?

Their country and infrastructures gets destroyed and then they lose quality people to the countries that bombed them?

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Pelle_Svansl=c3=b6s?=@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 6 13:39:26 2023
    On 6.10.2023 13.37, *skriptis wrote:
    You should be proud of your country giving their family the opportunites it did. In a way, I guess you are. And proud of them that they made it a win-win.

But

Dumb post.

--
    -- Traditional

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 6 04:02:23 2023
    On Friday, 6 October 2023 at 11:39:30 UTC+1, Pelle Svanslös wrote:
    On 6.10.2023 13.37, *skriptis wrote:
    Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.los> Wrote in message:

But
    Dumb post.

tell us what you long-term plan for mass immigration is then, what is meant to happen to those nations whose best people have fled to(aka been stolen by) the West? it's certainly an immigration Ponzi scheme, so tell please us cos it can't be that they
    come over here, learn stuff and then take that knowledge/wealth back home - cos that doesn't happen and you say anyone suggesting that is racist.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 6 07:50:09 2023
    On 10/6/23 4:04 AM, *skriptis wrote:
    Dumb post.

But explain to us how is it good for Laos or any proor country to get bombed by USA for no reason and then, as a form of war reparations, such country even gets to lose human potential?

Their country and infrastructures gets destroyed and then they lose quality people to the countries that bombed them?

I'm not up to speed on Laos, but the main reason the US took in large
    amounts of Vietnamese after 1975 is interesting and easy to understand.
    The people who were allowed into the US had close ties to Thieu's
    government, and hence to the US forces during the war; many--maybe
    most--were Catholic. In this sense it was something like allowing
    Bautista supporters to settle in Florida after Castro took over Cuba.

In a sense it was a humanitarian gesture. I, myself, don't necessarily
    support open-handed humanitarian gestures unless there's some benefit
    for the nation hosting them, and in the case of the Vietnamese this
    proved true. As a segment of the population, they are exemplary and have contributed to the whole disproportionately. We'd have damned near 50
    years to observe them integrating into the US society, to see if they eventually fuck up, but they haven't. They are decent folk, all the way.

--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Confidence: the food of the wise man and the liquor of the fool."

--Sawfish ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Fri Oct 6 10:15:09 2023
    On Friday, 6 October 2023 at 15:50:12 UTC+1, Sawfish wrote:
    Dumb post.

I'm not up to speed on Laos, but the main reason the US took in large amounts of Vietnamese after 1975 is interesting and easy to understand.
    The people who were allowed into the US had close ties to Thieu's government, and hence to the US forces during the war; many--maybe most--were Catholic. In this sense it was something like allowing

In a sense it was a humanitarian gesture. I, myself, don't necessarily support open-handed humanitarian gestures unless there's some benefit
    proved true. As a segment of the population, they are exemplary and have contributed to the whole disproportionately. We'd have damned near 50
    years to observe them integrating into the US society, to see if they eventually fuck up, but they haven't. They are decent folk, all the way.

why are they not demanding reparations, rioting, shop lifting, looting and telling everyone they are victims of a racist illegal war that oppressed them?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Fri Oct 6 10:55:03 2023
    On 10/6/23 10:15 AM, The Iceberg wrote:
    On Friday, 6 October 2023 at 15:50:12 UTC+1, Sawfish wrote:
    Dumb post.

I'm not up to speed on Laos, but the main reason the US took in large
    amounts of Vietnamese after 1975 is interesting and easy to understand.
    The people who were allowed into the US had close ties to Thieu's
    government, and hence to the US forces during the war; many--maybe
    most--were Catholic. In this sense it was something like allowing

In a sense it was a humanitarian gesture. I, myself, don't necessarily
    support open-handed humanitarian gestures unless there's some benefit
    proved true. As a segment of the population, they are exemplary and have
    contributed to the whole disproportionately. We'd have damned near 50
    years to observe them integrating into the US society, to see if they
    eventually fuck up, but they haven't. They are decent folk, all the way.
    why are they not demanding reparations, rioting, shop lifting, looting and telling everyone they are victims of a racist illegal war that oppressed them?

Unenlightened. Not yet woke. They seem highly resistant.

Poor bastards.

--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "If we use Occam's Razor, whose razor will *he* use?" --Sawfish ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Pelle_Svansl=c3=b6s?=@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Sat Oct 7 11:26:35 2023
    On 6.10.2023 13.57, The Iceberg wrote:

one big disagreement with article: "Laos, which suffered major civil wars in the sixties and seventies" - NO, THAT's NOT TRUE, the USA illegally bombed the daylights out of Laos during the Vietnam war, literally dropping more bombs on the country
    hidden under the bonnet.
    OH NO she said "I say to them that this country has given us an opportunity, it gave my parents a chance of a better life, so I am a very proud to be British and I consider to have ended up captain of a national team a huge achievement" OHHH just can'
    t understand why they aren't shouting about how they were oppressed and are YUGE victims and they're owed a living + want reparations?
    it did. In a way, I guess you are. And proud of them that they made it a
    win-win. But of course you manage to implicate them on your way. Next

you thicko Marxist maroon who just wants free money as a kickback, was lauding them for putting hard and effort work in, instead of endlessly complaining,

Nah. When you compliment someone, you compliment. You don't remind
    him/us that he's part of a group that doesn't deserve compliments in the
    same breath.

"Hi there. You're a great guy. You're not a rapist like most of you
    are!" is not a compliment. If the one receiving the backhand was someone
    you didn't know, what you assume would be the default.

This is what you need to start paying reparations for.

--
    -- Traditional

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to they'd say "yeah we believe in hone on Sat Oct 7 01:47:23 2023
    On Saturday, 7 October 2023 at 09:26:41 UTC+1, Pelle Svanslös wrote:

hidden under the bonnet.
    OH NO she said "I say to them that this country has given us an opportunity, it gave my parents a chance of a better life, so I am a very proud to be British and I consider to have ended up captain of a national team a huge achievement" OHHH just
    can't understand why they aren't shouting about how they were oppressed and are YUGE victims and they're owed a living + want reparations?
    You should be proud of your country giving their family the opportunites >> it did. In a way, I guess you are. And proud of them that they made it a >> win-win. But of course you manage to implicate them on your way. Next

you thicko Marxist maroon who just wants free money as a kickback, was lauding them for putting hard and effort work in, instead of endlessly complaining,
    him/us that he's part of a group that doesn't deserve compliments in the same breath.

yeah you can and they'd love it, especially when they're not part of the group was talking about, they'd say "yeah we believe in honest hard work instead of being lazy entitled freeloaders". Actually that's exactly what they said in the article, you
    maroon.

it is definitely a compliment! cos if you said that to a prisoner in a Category B prison(which is the correct context for your quote) he would definitely 100% say "thanks man" or are you disputing that? especially if he had emphasised how he came from a
    Categeory B prison and was very proud of that.

no don't owe anyone anything, especially not a bunch of lazy freeloaders, dimvit.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Pelle_Svansl=c3=b6s?=@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Sat Oct 7 11:54:11 2023
    On 7.10.2023 11.47, The Iceberg wrote:
    On Saturday, 7 October 2023 at 09:26:41 UTC+1, Pelle Svanslös wrote:

hidden under the bonnet.
    OH NO she said "I say to them that this country has given us an opportunity, it gave my parents a chance of a better life, so I am a very proud to be British and I consider to have ended up captain of a national team a huge achievement" OHHH just
    can't understand why they aren't shouting about how they were oppressed and are YUGE victims and they're owed a living + want reparations?
    You should be proud of your country giving their family the opportunites >>>> it did. In a way, I guess you are. And proud of them that they made it a >>>> win-win. But of course you manage to implicate them on your way. Next

him/us that he's part of a group that doesn't deserve compliments in the
    same breath.

yeah you can and they'd love it, especially when they're not part of the group was talking about,

Yeah. You're supremacist pals like that kind of talk.

they'd say "yeah we believe in honest hard work instead of being lazy entitled freeloaders". Actually that's exactly what they said in the article, you maroon.

it is definitely a compliment! cos if you said that to a prisoner in a Category B prison(which is the correct context for your quote) he would definitely 100% say "thanks man" or are you disputing that? especially if he had emphasised how he came from
    a Categeory B prison and was very proud of that.

Lol.

no don't owe anyone anything, especially not a bunch of lazy freeloaders, dimvit.

Better start saving already.

--
    -- Traditional

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05