• Rafa: "Djok would of been more sore than I"

From =?UTF-8?Q?Pelle_Svansl=c3=b6s?=@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 19 16:26:31 2023
    In a major interview with Movistar+ in Spain, Nadal was asked about Djokovic’s Grand Slam dominance and he appeared to suggest the records
    mean more to the world No 1 than they do to him.

“I am not frustrated for a simple reason – within my possibilities, I
    have done everything to make things as good as possible,” Nadal
    explained to Juanma Castano when asked whether he was disappointed to
    lose the Grand Slam title race with Djokovic.

“Yes, you can live frustrated with 22 Grand Slams, for example, Novak
    lives it in a more intense way. For him, it would have been a greater frustration not to achieve it. Perhaps that is why he achieved it.”

https://www.tennis365.com/tennis-news/rafael-nadal-novak-djokovic-grand-slam-record-goat

Okie dokie. Yet, from the same interview:

“The truth is that I haven’t sent any message to Djokovic yet out of
    pure ignorance. When you win something so important, from experience I
    know it’s better to take the time to appreciate that message. I’ll send
    it but I haven’t done it yet,” said the Mallorcan.

“Of course, I sent messages to [Carlos] Alcaraz when he won or when he
    was about to win. The others – on the circuit I don’t have many friends left, I’m from another generation. I talk to Federer every now and
    then,” revealed Nadal.

Alcatraz gets a grats when he was about to win. Djok not, when he
    actually did win. The 24th! Humbelina!

"Boo hoo hoo!"

--
    "And off they went, from here to there,
    The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair"
    -- Traditional

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From grif@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 19 18:25:52 2023
    On 19/09/2023 14:26, Pelle Svanslös wrote:
    In a major interview with Movistar+ in Spain, Nadal was asked about Djokovic’s Grand Slam dominance and he appeared to suggest the records mean more to the world No 1 than they do to him.

“I am not frustrated for a simple reason – within my possibilities, I have done everything to make things as good as possible,” Nadal explained to Juanma Castano when asked whether he was disappointed to lose the Grand Slam title race with
    Djokovic.

“Yes, you can live frustrated with 22 Grand Slams, for example, Novak lives it in a more intense way. For him, it would have been a greater frustration not to achieve it. Perhaps that is why he achieved it.”

https://www.tennis365.com/tennis-news/rafael-nadal-novak-djokovic-grand-slam-record-goat

“The truth is that I haven’t sent any message to Djokovic yet out of pure ignorance. When you win something so important, from experience I know it’s better to take the time to appreciate that message. I’ll send it but I haven’t done it yet,
    said the Mallorcan.

“Of course, I sent messages to [Carlos] Alcaraz when he won or when he was about to win. The others – on the circuit I don’t have many friends left, I’m from another generation. I talk to Federer every now and then,” revealed Nadal.

Alcatraz gets a grats when he was about to win. Djok not, when he actually did win. The 24th! Humbelina!

"Boo hoo hoo!"

Maybe he hopes Carlos will bend over for him when he comes back. Maybe he will.

The ofs and the of-nots. "Djok would of been more sore than I" vs "Djok of have been more sore that me" vs "Djok would of been more sore that I am". The eternal debate 🤔

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From grif@21:1/5 to grif on Tue Sep 19 18:38:10 2023
    On 19/09/2023 18:25, grif wrote:
    In a major interview with Movistar+ in Spain, Nadal was asked about Djokovic’s Grand Slam dominance and he appeared to suggest the records mean more to the world No 1 than they do to him.

“I am not frustrated for a simple reason – within my possibilities, I have done everything to make things as good as possible,” Nadal explained to Juanma Castano when asked whether he was disappointed to lose the Grand Slam title race with
    Djokovic.

“Yes, you can live frustrated with 22 Grand Slams, for example, Novak lives it in a more intense way. For him, it would have been a greater frustration not to achieve it. Perhaps that is why he achieved it.”

“The truth is that I haven’t sent any message to Djokovic yet out of pure ignorance. When you win something so important, from experience I know it’s better to take the time to appreciate that message. I’ll send it but I haven’t done it yet,
    said the Mallorcan.

“Of course, I sent messages to [Carlos] Alcaraz when he won or when he was about to win. The others – on the circuit I don’t have many friends left, I’m from another generation. I talk to Federer every now and then,” revealed Nadal.

Alcatraz gets a grats when he was about to win. Djok not, when he actually did win. The 24th! Humbelina!

"Boo hoo hoo!"

The ofs and the of-nots. "Djok would of been more sore than I" vs "Djok of have been more sore that me" vs "Djok would of been more sore that I am". The eternal debate 🤔

"Djok would of been more sore than me" even.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to grif on Tue Sep 19 11:17:48 2023
    On Tuesday, September 19, 2023 at 1:38:14 PM UTC-4, grif wrote:

Djokovic.

“The truth is that I haven’t sent any message to Djokovic yet out of pure ignorance. When you win something so important, from experience I know it’s better to take the time to appreciate that message. I’ll send it but I haven’t done it
    yet,” said the Mallorcan.

"Boo hoo hoo!"

They all pushed each other to extreme limits, and I believe if we had only one of them in the last 20 years, we wouldn't have seen the craziness we witnessed, these three winning 65+ slams. That player would have retired much earlier.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From grif@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 19 20:32:36 2023
    On 19/09/2023 20:30, TT wrote:
    grif kirjoitti 19.9.2023 klo 20.38:

Djokovic.

“The truth is that I haven’t sent any message to Djokovic yet out of pure ignorance. When you win something so important, from experience I know it’s better to take the time to appreciate that message. I’ll send it but I haven’t done it

"Boo hoo hoo!"

Djok wants it more. He's quite mad you know. Borderline mental illness.

As for English, I think you're wrong... and Bard agrees with me:

-

The correct phrase is “would have been more sore than I”.

The word “of” in the phrases you mentioned is incorrect. The correct word to use is “have”.

Here’s a breakdown of the correct phrase:

“would have been”: This is the correct form of the verb “to be” in the conditional past tense.

“more sore than”: This is a comparison between two people’s level of soreness.

“I”: This is the correct pronoun to use when comparing two subjects.
    So, the correct phrase is “would have been more sore than I”.

🙄

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From TT@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 19 22:30:00 2023
    In a major interview with Movistar+ in Spain, Nadal was asked about
    Djokovic’s Grand Slam dominance and he appeared to suggest the
    records mean more to the world No 1 than they do to him.

“I am not frustrated for a simple reason – within my possibilities, I >>> have done everything to make things as good as possible,” Nadal
    explained to Juanma Castano when asked whether he was disappointed to

lives it in a more intense way. For him, it would have been a greater
    frustration not to achieve it. Perhaps that is why he achieved it.”

“The truth is that I haven’t sent any message to Djokovic yet out of >>> pure ignorance. When you win something so important, from experience
    I know it’s better to take the time to appreciate that message. I’ll >>> send it but I haven’t done it yet,” said the Mallorcan.

“Of course, I sent messages to [Carlos] Alcaraz when he won or when
    he was about to win. The others – on the circuit I don’t have many
    friends left, I’m from another generation. I talk to Federer every
    now and then,” revealed Nadal.

"Boo hoo hoo!"

Maybe he hopes Carlos will bend over for him when he comes back. Maybe
    he will.

The ofs and the of-nots. "Djok would of been more sore than I" vs
    "Djok of have been more sore that me" vs "Djok would of been more sore
    that I am". The eternal debate 🤔

-

The word “of” in the phrases you mentioned is incorrect. The correct
    word to use is “have”.

“would have been”: This is the correct form of the verb “to be” in the conditional past tense.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to TT@dprk.kp on Tue Sep 19 21:37:55 2023
    TT <TT@dprk.kp> Wrote in message:r
    grif kirjoitti 19.9.2023 klo 20.38:> On 19/09/2023 18:25, grif wrote:>> On 19/09/2023 14:26, Pelle Svanslös wrote:>>> In a major interview with Movistar+ in Spain, Nadal was asked about >>> Djokovic’s Grand Slam dominance and he appeared to suggest
    the >>> records mean more to the world No 1 than they do to him.>>>>>> “I am not frustrated for a simple reason – within my possibilities, I >>> have done everything to make things as good as possible,” Nadal >>> explained to Juanma Castano when
    asked whether he was disappointed to >>> lose the Grand Slam title race with Djokovic.>>>>>> “Yes, you can live frustrated with 22 Grand Slams, for example, Novak >>> lives it in a more intense way. For him, it would have been a greater >>> frustration
    not to achieve it. Perhaps that is why he achieved it.”>>>>>> https://www.tennis365.com/tennis-news/rafael-nadal-novak-djokovic-grand-slam-record-goat>>>>>> Okie dokie. Yet, from the same interview:>>>>>> “The truth is that I haven’t sent any
    message to Djokovic yet out of >>> pure ignorance. When you win something so important, from experience >>> I know it’s better to take the time to appreciate that message. I’ll >>> send it but I haven’t done it yet,” said the Mallorcan.>>>>>> “
    Of course, I sent messages to [Carlos] Alcaraz when he won or when >>> he was about to win. The others – on the circuit I don’t have many >>> friends left, I’m from another generation. I talk to Federer every >>> now and then,” revealed Nadal.>>>>
    Alcatraz gets a grats when he was about to win. Djok not, when he >>> actually did win. The 24th! Humbelina!>>>>>> "Boo hoo hoo!">>>>>>> Maybe he hopes Carlos will bend over for him when he comes back. Maybe >> he will.>>>> The ofs and the of-nots. "
    Djok would of been more sore than I" vs >> "Djok of have been more sore that me" vs "Djok would of been more sore >> that I am". The eternal debate 🤔>>> > "Djok would of been more sore than me" even.Djok wants it more. He's quite mad you know.
    Borderline mental illness.As for English, I think you're wrong... and Bard agrees with me:-The correct phrase is “would have been more sore than I”.The word “of” in the phrases you mentioned is incorrect. The correct word to use is “have”.
    Here’s a breakdown of the correct phrase:“would have been”: This is the correct form of the verb “to be” in the conditional past tense.“more sore than”: This is a comparison between two people’s level of soreness.“I”: This is the
    correct pronoun to use when comparing two subjects.So, the correct phrase is “would have been more sore than I”.

Yeah sure, Djokovic wanted the record more than Nadal? 😀😀😀

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From grif@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Tue Sep 19 20:50:41 2023
    On 19/09/2023 19:17, PeteWasLucky wrote:

Djokovic.

"Boo hoo hoo!"

They all pushed each other to extreme limits, and I believe if we had only one of them in the last 20 years, we wouldn't have seen the craziness we witnessed, these three winning 65+ slams. That player would have retired much earlier.

You don't think Alcaraz will reach 20+ slams and become the new GOAT ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Div0iP65aZo&t=53s

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From RaspingDrive@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 19 13:20:51 2023
    On Tuesday, September 19, 2023 at 3:30:03 PM UTC-4, TT wrote:

explained to Juanma Castano when asked whether he was disappointed to >>> lose the Grand Slam title race with Djokovic.

“Yes, you can live frustrated with 22 Grand Slams, for example, Novak >>> lives it in a more intense way. For him, it would have been a greater >>> frustration not to achieve it. Perhaps that is why he achieved it.” >>>

“The truth is that I haven’t sent any message to Djokovic yet out of >>> pure ignorance. When you win something so important, from experience
    I know it’s better to take the time to appreciate that message. I’ll >>> send it but I haven’t done it yet,” said the Mallorcan.

“Of course, I sent messages to [Carlos] Alcaraz when he won or when >>> he was about to win. The others – on the circuit I don’t have many >>> friends left, I’m from another generation. I talk to Federer every

"Boo hoo hoo!"

he will.

-

The word “of” in the phrases you mentioned is incorrect. The correct word to use is “have”.

“would have been”: This is the correct form of the verb “to be” in the
    conditional past tense.

This was pointed out long back but Pelle continues to favor that "of" usage. Whisper likes to use the word "cower" instead of the word "cowed" (pointed out by Gracchus).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From grif@21:1/5 to RaspingDrive on Tue Sep 19 21:25:03 2023
    On 19/09/2023 21:20, RaspingDrive wrote:

“I am not frustrated for a simple reason – within my possibilities, I >>>>> have done everything to make things as good as possible,” Nadal
    explained to Juanma Castano when asked whether he was disappointed to >>>>> lose the Grand Slam title race with Djokovic.

“Yes, you can live frustrated with 22 Grand Slams, for example, Novak >>>>> lives it in a more intense way. For him, it would have been a greater >>>>> frustration not to achieve it. Perhaps that is why he achieved it.” >>>>>

“The truth is that I haven’t sent any message to Djokovic yet out of >>>>> pure ignorance. When you win something so important, from experience >>>>> I know it’s better to take the time to appreciate that message. I’ll >>>>> send it but I haven’t done it yet,” said the Mallorcan.

“Of course, I sent messages to [Carlos] Alcaraz when he won or when >>>>> he was about to win. The others – on the circuit I don’t have many >>>>> friends left, I’m from another generation. I talk to Federer every >>>>> now and then,” revealed Nadal.

"Boo hoo hoo!"

Maybe he hopes Carlos will bend over for him when he comes back. Maybe >>>> he will.

"Djok of have been more sore that me" vs "Djok would of been more sore >>>> that I am". The eternal debate 🤔

-

word to use is “have”.

conditional past tense.

“more sore than”: This is a comparison between two people’s level of >> soreness.

This was pointed out long back but Pelle continues to favor that "of" usage. Whisper likes to use the word "cower" instead of the word "cowed" (pointed out by Gracchus).

Yes, everyone should know this by now. But what was more interesting to me was the use of "than". It depends if you use it as a conjunction or a preposition.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From TT@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 19 23:29:42 2023
    RaspingDrive kirjoitti 19.9.2023 klo 23.20:

“I am not frustrated for a simple reason – within my possibilities, I >>>>> have done everything to make things as good as possible,” Nadal
    explained to Juanma Castano when asked whether he was disappointed to >>>>> lose the Grand Slam title race with Djokovic.

“Yes, you can live frustrated with 22 Grand Slams, for example, Novak >>>>> lives it in a more intense way. For him, it would have been a greater >>>>> frustration not to achieve it. Perhaps that is why he achieved it.” >>>>>

“The truth is that I haven’t sent any message to Djokovic yet out of >>>>> pure ignorance. When you win something so important, from experience >>>>> I know it’s better to take the time to appreciate that message. I’ll >>>>> send it but I haven’t done it yet,” said the Mallorcan.

“Of course, I sent messages to [Carlos] Alcaraz when he won or when >>>>> he was about to win. The others – on the circuit I don’t have many >>>>> friends left, I’m from another generation. I talk to Federer every >>>>> now and then,” revealed Nadal.

"Boo hoo hoo!"

Maybe he hopes Carlos will bend over for him when he comes back. Maybe >>>> he will.

"Djok of have been more sore that me" vs "Djok would of been more sore >>>> that I am". The eternal debate 🤔

-

word to use is “have”.

conditional past tense.

“more sore than”: This is a comparison between two people’s level of >> soreness.

I was suspecting such horseplay.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From TT@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 19 23:30:42 2023
    grif kirjoitti 19.9.2023 klo 23.25:
    In a major interview with Movistar+ in Spain, Nadal was asked about >>>>>> Djokovic’s Grand Slam dominance and he appeared to suggest the

explained to Juanma Castano when asked whether he was disappointed to >>>>>> lose the Grand Slam title race with Djokovic.

“Yes, you can live frustrated with 22 Grand Slams, for example, Novak >>>>>> lives it in a more intense way. For him, it would have been a greater >>>>>> frustration not to achieve it. Perhaps that is why he achieved it.” >>>>>>

“The truth is that I haven’t sent any message to Djokovic yet out of >>>>>> pure ignorance. When you win something so important, from experience >>>>>> I know it’s better to take the time to appreciate that message. I’ll >>>>>> send it but I haven’t done it yet,” said the Mallorcan.

“Of course, I sent messages to [Carlos] Alcaraz when he won or when >>>>>> he was about to win. The others – on the circuit I don’t have many >>>>>> friends left, I’m from another generation. I talk to Federer every >>>>>> now and then,” revealed Nadal.

"Boo hoo hoo!"

Maybe he hopes Carlos will bend over for him when he comes back. Maybe >>>>> he will.

"Djok of have been more sore that me" vs "Djok would of been more sore >>>>> that I am". The eternal debate 🤔

-

The word “of” in the phrases you mentioned is incorrect. The correct >>> word to use is “have”.

conditional past tense.

“more sore than”: This is a comparison between two people’s level of >>> soreness.

“I”: This is the correct pronoun to use when comparing two subjects. >>> So, the correct phrase is “would have been more sore than I”.

This was pointed out long back but Pelle continues to favor that "of"
    usage. Whisper likes to use the word "cower" instead of the word
    "cowed" (pointed out by Gracchus).

Yes, everyone should know this by now. But what was more interesting to
    me was the use of "than". It depends if you use it as a conjunction or a preposition.

Examples?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Pelle_Svansl=c3=b6s?=@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 19 23:58:07 2023
    On 19.9.2023 23.30, TT wrote:
    In a major interview with Movistar+ in Spain, Nadal was asked about >>>>>>> Djokovic’s Grand Slam dominance and he appeared to suggest the >>>>>>> records mean more to the world No 1 than they do to him.

“I am not frustrated for a simple reason – within my
    possibilities, I
    have done everything to make things as good as possible,” Nadal >>>>>>> explained to Juanma Castano when asked whether he was
    disappointed to

“Yes, you can live frustrated with 22 Grand Slams, for example, >>>>>>> Novak
    lives it in a more intense way. For him, it would have been a
    greater
    frustration not to achieve it. Perhaps that is why he achieved it.” >>>>>>>

pure ignorance. When you win something so important, from experience >>>>>>> I know it’s better to take the time to appreciate that message. I’ll
    send it but I haven’t done it yet,” said the Mallorcan.

“Of course, I sent messages to [Carlos] Alcaraz when he won or when >>>>>>> he was about to win. The others – on the circuit I don’t have many >>>>>>> friends left, I’m from another generation. I talk to Federer every >>>>>>> now and then,” revealed Nadal.

Alcatraz gets a grats when he was about to win. Djok not, when he >>>>>>> actually did win. The 24th! Humbelina!

"Boo hoo hoo!"

Maybe he hopes Carlos will bend over for him when he comes back.
    Maybe
    he will.

"Djok of have been more sore that me" vs "Djok would of been more
    sore

Djok wants it more. He's quite mad you know. Borderline mental illness. >>>>

-

The word “of” in the phrases you mentioned is incorrect. The correct >>>> word to use is “have”.

conditional past tense.

“more sore than”: This is a comparison between two people’s level of >>>> soreness.

“I”: This is the correct pronoun to use when comparing two subjects. >>>> So, the correct phrase is “would have been more sore than I”.

This was pointed out long back but Pelle continues to favor that "of"
    usage. Whisper likes to use the word "cower" instead of the word

Yes, everyone should know this by now. But what was more interesting
    to me was the use of "than". It depends if you use it as a conjunction
    or a preposition.

Examples?

These have already been up. Example: "Djok would of been more sore than I".

Conjunction: "Djok would of been more sore than I am"
    Proposition: "Djok would of been more sore than me".

Subject v object.

The "Djok of have been more sore that me" flew past the cuckoo in the bend.

The Finnish language does not have, or at least to my knowledge does not
    have prepositions. It uses mostly postsuffixes. But I'm from Zansibar.

--
    "And off they went, from here to there,
    The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair"
    -- Traditional

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From RaspingDrive@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 19 15:21:21 2023
    On Tuesday, September 19, 2023 at 4:58:11 PM UTC-4, Pelle Svanslös wrote:

Examples?

Subject v object.

The Finnish language does not have, or at least to my knowledge does not have prepositions. It uses mostly postsuffixes. But I'm from Zansibar.
    --

"would of" looks strange to me. Never heard of that usage before.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From grif@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 19 23:39:33 2023
    On 19/09/2023 21:30, TT wrote:
    In a major interview with Movistar+ in Spain, Nadal was asked about >>>>>>> Djokovic’s Grand Slam dominance and he appeared to suggest the >>>>>>> records mean more to the world No 1 than they do to him.

have done everything to make things as good as possible,” Nadal >>>>>>> explained to Juanma Castano when asked whether he was disappointed to >>>>>>> lose the Grand Slam title race with Djokovic.

“Yes, you can live frustrated with 22 Grand Slams, for example, Novak >>>>>>> lives it in a more intense way. For him, it would have been a greater >>>>>>> frustration not to achieve it. Perhaps that is why he achieved it.” >>>>>>>

pure ignorance. When you win something so important, from experience >>>>>>> I know it’s better to take the time to appreciate that message. I’ll

“Of course, I sent messages to [Carlos] Alcaraz when he won or when >>>>>>> he was about to win. The others – on the circuit I don’t have many >>>>>>> friends left, I’m from another generation. I talk to Federer every >>>>>>> now and then,” revealed Nadal.

Alcatraz gets a grats when he was about to win. Djok not, when he >>>>>>> actually did win. The 24th! Humbelina!

"Boo hoo hoo!"

Maybe he hopes Carlos will bend over for him when he comes back. Maybe >>>>>> he will.

"Djok of have been more sore that me" vs "Djok would of been more sore >>>>>> that I am". The eternal debate 🤔

-

The word “of” in the phrases you mentioned is incorrect. The correct >>>> word to use is “have”.

conditional past tense.

“more sore than”: This is a comparison between two people’s level of >>>> soreness.

“I”: This is the correct pronoun to use when comparing two subjects. >>>> So, the correct phrase is “would have been more sore than I”.

Yes, everyone should know this by now. But what was more interesting to me was the use of "than". It depends if you use it as a conjunction or a preposition.

Examples?

Pelle's already explained it, but you might find this useful. https://www.grammar-monster.com/lessons/than_I_me_than_he_him.htm

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 19 19:36:02 2023
    Djok would of been more sore than I

Would of => tries to sound like the correct way it is supposed to be written which "would've" which is a contraction of "would have".

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to RaspingDrive on Wed Sep 20 00:28:48 2023
    On Tuesday, 19 September 2023 at 23:21:23 UTC+1, RaspingDrive wrote:

Examples?

Subject v object.

The Finnish language does not have, or at least to my knowledge does not have prepositions. It uses mostly postsuffixes. But I'm from Zansibar.
    --

it's a common grammatical mistake by people who went to school in England, it's cos "should of" is how "should've" sounds when you say it over here.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 20 00:17:34 2023
    On Tuesday, 19 September 2023 at 20:30:03 UTC+1, TT wrote:

explained to Juanma Castano when asked whether he was disappointed to >>> lose the Grand Slam title race with Djokovic.

“Yes, you can live frustrated with 22 Grand Slams, for example, Novak >>> lives it in a more intense way. For him, it would have been a greater >>> frustration not to achieve it. Perhaps that is why he achieved it.” >>>

“Of course, I sent messages to [Carlos] Alcaraz when he won or when >>> he was about to win. The others – on the circuit I don’t have many >>> friends left, I’m from another generation. I talk to Federer every

"Boo hoo hoo!"

he will.

-

conditional past tense.

this "should of" thing is what gave away Pelle as being from England a while ago, it surprising considering he went to school in the USA for a bit too and is such an obvious academic.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 20 00:40:54 2023
    On Tuesday, 19 September 2023 at 21:58:11 UTC+1, Pelle Svanslös wrote:

“I am not frustrated for a simple reason – within my
    possibilities, I
    have done everything to make things as good as possible,” Nadal >>>>>>> explained to Juanma Castano when asked whether he was
    disappointed to

“Yes, you can live frustrated with 22 Grand Slams, for example, >>>>>>> Novak
    lives it in a more intense way. For him, it would have been a >>>>>>> greater
    frustration not to achieve it. Perhaps that is why he achieved it.”

“Of course, I sent messages to [Carlos] Alcaraz when he won or when
    he was about to win. The others – on the circuit I don’t have many
    friends left, I’m from another generation. I talk to Federer every >>>>>>> now and then,” revealed Nadal.

"Boo hoo hoo!"

Maybe he hopes Carlos will bend over for him when he comes back. >>>>>> Maybe
    he will.

The ofs and the of-nots. "Djok would of been more sore than I" vs >>>>>> "Djok of have been more sore that me" vs "Djok would of been more >>>>>> sore

-

word to use is “have”.

conditional past tense.

“more sore than”: This is a comparison between two people’s level of
    soreness.

This was pointed out long back but Pelle continues to favor that "of" >>> usage. Whisper likes to use the word "cower" instead of the word

Yes, everyone should know this by now. But what was more interesting
    to me was the use of "than". It depends if you use it as a conjunction
    or a preposition.

Examples?

Subject v object.

oh your lying! (good one, eh ;)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From RaspingDrive@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Wed Sep 20 10:26:23 2023
    On Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 3:28:51 AM UTC-4, The Iceberg wrote:
    On Tuesday, 19 September 2023 at 23:21:23 UTC+1, RaspingDrive wrote:

Examples?

Subject v object.

The Finnish language does not have, or at least to my knowledge does not have prepositions. It uses mostly postsuffixes. But I'm from Zansibar. --
    it's a common grammatical mistake by people who went to school in England, it's cos "should of" is how "should've" sounds when you say it over here.

Yeah. "Would of" sounds weird. "Should of" too.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From RaspingDrive@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Wed Sep 20 10:28:20 2023
    On Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 3:17:36 AM UTC-4, The Iceberg wrote:
    On Tuesday, 19 September 2023 at 20:30:03 UTC+1, TT wrote:
    In a major interview with Movistar+ in Spain, Nadal was asked about >>> Djokovic’s Grand Slam dominance and he appeared to suggest the

lives it in a more intense way. For him, it would have been a greater >>> frustration not to achieve it. Perhaps that is why he achieved it.” >>>

pure ignorance. When you win something so important, from experience >>> I know it’s better to take the time to appreciate that message. I’ll

“Of course, I sent messages to [Carlos] Alcaraz when he won or when >>> he was about to win. The others – on the circuit I don’t have many >>> friends left, I’m from another generation. I talk to Federer every >>> now and then,” revealed Nadal.

"Boo hoo hoo!"

Maybe he hopes Carlos will bend over for him when he comes back. Maybe >> he will.

"Djok of have been more sore that me" vs "Djok would of been more sore >> that I am". The eternal debate 🤔

-

conditional past tense.

“I”: This is the correct pronoun to use when comparing two subjects. So, the correct phrase is “would have been more sore than I”.
    this "should of" thing is what gave away Pelle as being from England a while ago, it surprising considering he went to school in the USA for a bit too and is such an obvious academic.

I think you may be right here.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 20 16:19:38 2023

He wants it more because he was/is maligned where as Nadal/Federer were put up on pedestals. This is his FU.

But, let's not kid ourselves. The other two Big Three players wanted it too. You can't win 20+ slams and be milquetoast. They're all super competitive and would rip somebody's eyes out for a big title.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Fri Sep 22 19:56:11 2023
    On 20/09/2023 4:17 am, PeteWasLucky wrote:

They all pushed each other to extreme limits, and I believe if we had only one of them in the last 20 years, we wouldn't have seen the craziness we witnessed, these three winning 65+ slams. That >player would have retired much earlier.

Sampras would have played on for 5 more yrs if he knew these 3 were
    coming. It's very hard to get motivated when you're on top of the mountain.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to Whisper on Fri Sep 22 04:42:10 2023
    On Friday, September 22, 2023 at 2:56:24 AM UTC-7, Whisper wrote:
    On 20/09/2023 4:17 am, PeteWasLucky wrote:

They all pushed each other to extreme limits, and I believe if we had only one of them in the last 20 years, we wouldn't have seen the craziness we witnessed, these three winning 65+ slams. That >player would have retired much earlier.

Sampras would have played on for 5 more yrs if he knew these 3 were
    coming. It's very hard to get motivated when you're on top of the mountain.

And then of course there was Borg retiring. I'm not sure Pete ever got over that.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ocean Naught@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 24 05:12:48 2023
    LOL!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05