• Hsieh's amazing doubles

From Gracchus@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 6 15:11:53 2023
    She and Wang just upset Pegula/Gauff. Here Hsieh took over a year off, came back and won the French + Wimbledon (with different partners) and now made the USO semis. Quite impressive.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Thu Sep 7 16:14:28 2023
    On 7/09/2023 8:11 am, Gracchus wrote:
    She and Wang just upset Pegula/Gauff. Here Hsieh took over a year off, came back and won the French + Wimbledon (with different partners) and now made the USO semis. Quite impressive.

Big tennis brain there. She'd make a good tv tennis analyst if she
    could speaka de english.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to Whisper on Thu Sep 7 06:36:11 2023
    On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 11:14:43 PM UTC-7, Whisper wrote:

could speaka de english.

She has astounding hand-eye coordination, reflexes, and intuitive court-sense--even in a crowd of other world-class players. I don't get the impression from interviews that she analyzes what's going on out there or needs to.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Fri Sep 8 00:11:23 2023
    On 7/09/2023 11:36 pm, Gracchus wrote:

could speaka de english.

She has astounding hand-eye coordination, reflexes, and intuitive court-sense--even in a crowd of other world-class players. I don't get the impression from interviews that she analyzes what's going >on out there or needs to.

Players like that fascinate me. They appear unassuming but they really
    know more about the game than anybody. Novak is like that, I always
    listen to his interviews - his tennis IQ is off the charts. Even if you
    don't like his personality, politics or whatever you should listen to
    his tennis analysis. He's played against the best tennis players for 20
    years and played more big matches than anybody, 47th slam semi is all
    time record. If you're not going to listen to someone like that,
    especially considering he is so articulate and intelligent, well you're
    fool no doubt about it lol : )

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to Whisper on Thu Sep 7 07:17:50 2023
    On Thursday, September 7, 2023 at 7:11:35 AM UTC-7, Whisper wrote:

could speaka de english.

She has astounding hand-eye coordination, reflexes, and intuitive court-sense--even in a crowd of other world-class players. I don't get the impression from interviews that she analyzes what's going >on out there or needs to.

listen to his interviews - his tennis IQ is off the charts. Even if you don't like his personality, politics or whatever you should listen to
    his tennis analysis. He's played against the best tennis players for 20 years and played more big matches than anybody, 47th slam semi is all

You're assuming an awful lot here. You have no idea if I've listened to Djokovic interviews or that I'd avoid his tennis analysis because I don't like him personally. And you don't know anything about Hsieh either. It's a pointless post.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Thu Sep 7 10:27:59 2023
    Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Thursday, September 7, 2023 at 7:11:35AM UTC-7, Whisper wrote:> On 7/09/2023 11:36 pm, Gracchus wrote: > > On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 11:14:43PM UTC-7, Whisper wrote: > >> On 7/09/2023 8:11 am, Gracchus wrote: > > > >>> She and Wang just
    upset Pegula/Gauff. Here Hsieh took over a year off, came back and won the French + Wimbledon (with different partners) and now made the USO semis. Quite impressive. > > > >> Big tennis brain there. She'd make a good tv tennis analyst if she > >> could
    speaka de english. > > > > She has astounding hand-eye coordination, reflexes, and intuitive court-sense--even in a crowd of other world-class players. I don't get the impression from interviews that she analyzes what's going >on out there or needs to.>
    Players like that fascinate me. They appear unassuming but they really > know more about the game than anybody. Novak is like that, I always > listen to his interviews - his tennis IQ is off the charts. Even if you > don't like his personality, politics
    or whatever you should listen to > his tennis analysis. He's played against the best tennis players for 20 > years and played more big matches than anybody, 47th slam semi is all > time record. If you're not going to listen to someone like that, >
    especially considering he is so articulate and intelligent, well you're > fool no doubt about it lol : )You're assuming an awful lot here. You have no idea if I've listened to Djokovic interviews or that I'd avoid his tennis analysis because I don't like
    him personally. And you don't know anything about Hsieh either. It's a pointless post.

It's the usual Whisper bipolar swings.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Thu Sep 7 09:27:19 2023
    On 9/7/23 7:17 AM, Gracchus wrote:
    On Thursday, September 7, 2023 at 7:11:35 AM UTC-7, Whisper wrote:
    could speaka de english.
    listen to his interviews - his tennis IQ is off the charts. Even if you
    don't like his personality, politics or whatever you should listen to
    his tennis analysis. He's played against the best tennis players for 20
    years and played more big matches than anybody, 47th slam semi is all
    You're assuming an awful lot here. You have no idea if I've listened to Djokovic interviews or that I'd avoid his tennis analysis because I don't like him personally. And you don't know anything about Hsieh either. It's a pointless post.

Again: this is RST...

;^)

--
    --Sawfish ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Life is a tragedy to those who feel, a comedy to those who think." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Thu Sep 7 09:25:46 2023
    On 9/7/23 6:36 AM, Gracchus wrote:
    could speaka de english.
    She has astounding hand-eye coordination, reflexes, and intuitive court-sense--even in a crowd of other world-class players. I don't get the impression from interviews that she analyzes what's going on out there or needs to.

Agreed. There are many athletes who are like that. They are "reactive"
    athletes more than strategic.

--
    --Sawfish ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Life is a tragedy to those who feel, a comedy to those who think." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Thu Sep 7 11:55:16 2023
    On Thursday, September 7, 2023 at 9:25:50 AM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote:
    could speaka de english.

Agreed. There are many athletes who are like that. They are "reactive" athletes more than strategic.

Hsieh has an incredible, inimitable talent. Even fellow players enjoy watching her do her thing. She's an interesting character--charmingly goofy and humble in interviews and trophy presentations. It is said she uses racquets without restringing them for
    months at a time or longer. Imagine that.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Fri Sep 8 18:45:15 2023
    On 8/09/2023 4:55 am, Gracchus wrote:
    On Thursday, September 7, 2023 at 9:25:50 AM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote:

Agreed. There are many athletes who are like that. They are "reactive"
    athletes more than strategic.

Hsieh has an incredible, inimitable talent. Even fellow players enjoy watching her do her thing. She's an interesting character--charmingly goofy and humble in interviews and trophy presentations. It >is said she uses racquets without restringing them
    for months at a time or longer. Imagine that.

Santoro had similar impact on ATP.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From TT@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 8 11:59:59 2023
    Gracchus kirjoitti 7.9.2023 klo 1.11:

I don't care. I still haven't fully recovered from Fernandez/Townsend
    loss at the quarters... which was a real classic and as close as it
    could get. Big choke in the final TB after leading like with 4 points.
    Well, I think they will win slam(s) in the future.

Dabrowski/Routliffe was surprisingly difficult pair. Mainly Dabrowski.
    Except from back of the court, but they weren't there much.

Fernandez/Townsend routined Pliskova/Vekic.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05