• Swiatek won't dominate all slams like Steffi

From LedZep IgaSwanTech@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 5 08:29:25 2023
    Unless she improves her serve (more aces! more power) and flattens her forehand.

She is good enough to win a lot of French Opens if she stays fit and focused. But she will struggle at Wimbledon and would not win many AOs and USOs with the weapons she currently has!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to LedZep IgaSwanTech on Tue Sep 5 17:31:40 2023
    LedZep IgaSwanTech <krisraja777@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    Unless she improves her serve (more aces! more power) and flattens her forehand. She is good enough to win a lot of French Opens if she stays fit and focused. But she will struggle at Wimbledon and would not win many AOs and USOs with the weapons she
    currently has!

Who cares. Why would we want her to "dominate all slams like Steffi"?

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to LedZep IgaSwanTech on Tue Sep 5 08:35:52 2023
    On Tuesday, September 5, 2023 at 8:29:27 AM UTC-7, LedZep IgaSwanTech wrote:
    Unless she improves her serve (more aces! more power) and flattens her forehand.

She is good enough to win a lot of French Opens if she stays fit and focused. But she will struggle at Wimbledon and would not win many AOs and USOs with the weapons she currently has!

That's an accurate assessment. I think her chances of winning Wimbledon aren't good. Her entire game has to be clicking in order for her to win. She has no super weapon to fall back on when she's having an off-day. Steffi OTOH, always had that forehand.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From me@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Tue Sep 5 08:53:09 2023
    On Tuesday, September 5, 2023 at 4:35:54 PM UTC+1, Gracchus wrote:

That's an accurate assessment. I think her chances of winning Wimbledon aren't good. Her entire game has to be clicking in order for her to win. She has no super weapon to fall back on when she's having an off-day. Steffi OTOH, always had that forehand.

If her career is winning lots of FOs with the odd AO or USO, that is still pretty good.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gapp111@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Tue Sep 5 09:25:31 2023
    On Tuesday, September 5, 2023 at 11:35:54 AM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:

And Aryan nose?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From LedZep IgaSwanTech@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 5 13:19:17 2023
    On Tuesday, September 5, 2023 at 10:53:11 AM UTC-5, me wrote:

That's an accurate assessment. I think her chances of winning Wimbledon aren't good. Her entire game has to be clicking in order for her to win. She has no super weapon to fall back on when she's having an off-day. Steffi OTOH, always had that
    forehand.
    If her career is winning lots of FOs with the odd AO or USO, that is still pretty good.
    So, Nadal-like ;)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From LedZep IgaSwanTech@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Tue Sep 5 13:21:30 2023
    On Tuesday, September 5, 2023 at 10:35:54 AM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:

She needs to get a get a Hammer of a forehand if she is listening to Hammer of the Gods ;-)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 5 19:19:13 2023
    "Swiatek won't dominate all slams like Steffi."

Thank goodness!

For me, she's one of the most insipid champions I've ever watched.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 6 22:33:00 2023
    On 6/09/2023 1:53 am, me wrote:

That's an accurate assessment. I think her chances of winning Wimbledon aren't good. Her entire game has to be clicking in order for her to win. She has no super weapon to fall back on when she's having an off-day. Steffi OTOH, always had that
    forehand.

Of course, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if she never wins another
    slam.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to LedZep IgaSwanTech on Wed Sep 6 22:30:45 2023
    On 6/09/2023 1:29 am, LedZep IgaSwanTech wrote:

Iga is no Graf. Any slam she wins could easily be her last.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 6 22:31:48 2023
    On 6/09/2023 1:31 am, *skriptis wrote:
    Unless she improves her serve (more aces! more power) and flattens her forehand. She is good enough to win a lot of French Opens if she stays fit and focused. But she will struggle at Wimbledon and would not win many AOs and USOs with the weapons she
    currently has!

Exactly. There are many 1 hit wonders we love, not everyone has to be a Beatles producing dozens of hits.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to Whisper on Wed Sep 6 06:05:09 2023
    On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 5:30:55 AM UTC-7, Whisper wrote:

She has I think four slams now? I see her topping out maybe at no better than seven. She's been making the best of everything she has. It's not a game that can dominate for years. Speaking of Henin, here's her view on Swiatek.

https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/Tennis_Stories/137158/justine-henin-directly-i-m-not-crazy-about-iga-swiatek-s-tennis-/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From me@21:1/5 to Whisper on Wed Sep 6 06:32:11 2023
    On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 1:33:08 PM UTC+1, Whisper wrote:
    On 6/09/2023 1:53 am, me wrote:

forehand.

Of course, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if she never wins another slam.

I’d be surprised if she never wins another French open, barring injury of course.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From LedZep IgaSwanTech@21:1/5 to Whisper on Wed Sep 6 10:04:19 2023
    On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 7:30:55 AM UTC-5, Whisper wrote:

You could have said that about Mo Connolly in 1954 after she won Wimbledon and you would have been right. Quit being dumb. I know it comes natural to you... but try anyways.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From LedZep IgaSwanTech@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Wed Sep 6 10:02:46 2023
    On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 8:05:11 AM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:

She has I think four slams now? I see her topping out maybe at no better than seven. She's been making the best of everything she has. It's not a game that can dominate for years. Speaking of Henin, here's her view on Swiatek.

https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/Tennis_Stories/137158/justine-henin-directly-i-m-not-crazy-about-iga-swiatek-s-tennis-/

That was one clickbait. She seems to be praising Iga there. If she is indeed playing men's tennis, it is a sign of good things!

"I'm not crazy about Iga Swiatek's tennis when it comes to her technique, but technique is only part of the whole. Iga's technique is not always the cleanest, but Iga has speed in her hands and great footwork, thanks to which she is so mobile, moves so
    well that it compensates for technical imperfections. In a way Iga plays men's tennis"

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From LedZep IgaSwanTech@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 6 10:05:35 2023
    On Tuesday, September 5, 2023 at 9:19:15 PM UTC-5, Court_1 wrote:

Thank goodness!

I don't like to use the word HATER but in your case, I'll make an exception.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to LedZep IgaSwanTech on Wed Sep 6 10:12:37 2023
    On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 10:05:37 AM UTC-7, LedZep IgaSwanTech wrote:

Thank goodness!

I don't mind hating for a good reason. IMO this is a dumb reason. Hating Sabalenka, now that is justified. ;)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From LedZep IgaSwanTech@21:1/5 to Whisper on Wed Sep 6 09:59:22 2023
    On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 7:32:13 AM UTC-5, Whisper wrote:
    LedZep IgaSwanTech <krisr...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    Unless she improves her serve (more aces! more power) and flattens her forehand. She is good enough to win a lot of French Opens if she stays fit and focused. But she will struggle at Wimbledon and would not win many AOs and USOs with the weapons
    she currently has!

Exactly. There are many 1 hit wonders we love, not everyone has to be a Beatles producing dozens of hits.

One hit wonders are forgotten. I would rather have a Led Zeppelin than Wang Chung ruling tennis.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to LedZep IgaSwanTech on Wed Sep 6 10:09:14 2023
    On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 10:02:48 AM UTC-7, LedZep IgaSwanTech wrote:
    On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 8:05:11 AM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:

That was one clickbait. She seems to be praising Iga there. If she is indeed playing men's tennis, it is a sign of good things!

"I'm not crazy about Iga Swiatek's tennis when it comes to her technique, but technique is only part of the whole. Iga's technique is not always the cleanest, but Iga has speed in her hands and great footwork, thanks to which she is so mobile, moves so
    well that it compensates for technical imperfections. In a way Iga plays men's tennis"

I know it's an obnoxious clickbait headline, but Henin's comments themselves are still interesting. It's a balanced assessment.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to LedZep IgaSwanTech on Wed Sep 6 19:40:49 2023
    On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 7:32:13 AM UTC-5, Whisper wrote:> On 6/09/2023 1:31 am, *skriptis wrote: > > LedZep IgaSwanTech <krisr...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r > >> Unless she improves her serve (more aces! more power) and flattens her
    forehand. She is good enough to win a lot of French Opens if she stays fit and focused. But she will struggle at Wimbledon and would not win many AOs and USOs with the weapons she currently has! > > > > > > > > Who cares. Why would we want her to "
    dominate all slams like Steffi"? > > > > > > > >> Exactly. There are many 1 hit wonders we love, not everyone has to be a > Beatles producing dozens of hits.One hit wonders are forgotten. I would rather have a Led Zeppelin than Wang Chung ruling tennis.

Led Zeppelin sucks!
    --

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Wed Sep 6 13:45:50 2023
    On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 1:12:39 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:

Thank goodness!

I don't mind hating for a good reason. IMO this is a dumb reason. Hating Sabalenka, now that is justified. ;)

Ha, ha. Yes, it's ok to "hate" the players you do but if somebody else "hates" a player you like, all bets are off! 😂

I actually think Sabalenka has a pretty decent personality off court. She has more charisma than "Swine"tek. Yes, I still think she looks like the female Andy Roddick. Scary.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to LedZep IgaSwanTech on Wed Sep 6 13:42:36 2023
    On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 1:05:37 PM UTC-4, LedZep IgaSwanTech wrote:

Thank goodness!

LOL. Big deal. Don't you hate lots of players? How about Sampras?
    I don't "hate" her. That's a little extreme. I don't know her personally. I just don't enjoy watching her play at all. I find her so awkward.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 6 14:18:54 2023
    On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 1:45:51 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:

Thank goodness!

Ha, ha. Yes, it's ok to "hate" the players you do but if somebody else "hates" a player you like, all bets are off! 😂

I actually think Sabalenka has a pretty decent personality off court. She has more charisma than "Swine"tek. Yes, I still think she looks like the female Andy Roddick. Scary.

Her looks are the least of it. She's the worst screecher on tour and acts like the universe has conspired against her anytime her play hits a bad patch. Off-court, I agree she's like another person, but since she's a tennis pro, I'm more concerned with
    her on-court persona. It's hard for me to watch a match I have to mute because one player's noise is so distracting.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Wed Sep 6 14:58:08 2023
    On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 5:18:56 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:

Thank goodness!

Her looks are the least of it. She's the worst screecher on tour and acts like the universe has conspired against her anytime her play hits a bad patch. Off-court, I agree she's like another person, but since she's a tennis pro, I'm more concerned with
    her on-court persona. It's hard for me to watch a match I have to mute because one player's noise is so distracting.

Well, I liked to watch Seles and Sharapova play so........

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 6 15:06:18 2023
    On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 2:58:11 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:

Thank goodness!

Her looks are the least of it. She's the worst screecher on tour and acts like the universe has conspired against her anytime her play hits a bad patch. Off-court, I agree she's like another person, but since she's a tennis pro, I'm more concerned
    with her on-court persona. It's hard for me to watch a match I have to mute because one player's noise is so distracting.

Yes, I know you did. I found them similarly irritating because of the screeching and disliked watching their bashing games too, however effective they often were.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Wed Sep 6 18:49:17 2023
    On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 6:06:20 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:

Thank goodness!

Her looks are the least of it. She's the worst screecher on tour and acts like the universe has conspired against her anytime her play hits a bad patch. Off-court, I agree she's like another person, but since she's a tennis pro, I'm more concerned
    with her on-court persona. It's hard for me to watch a match I have to mute because one player's noise is so distracting.

Yes, I know you did. I found them similarly irritating because of the screeching and disliked watching their bashing games too, however effective they often were.

Yes, I remember!
    What do you think about Carolos' loud grunting? That doesn't bother you? Only shrieking female tennis players(when they're playing pro tennis that is!) bother you? ;)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 6 19:27:41 2023
    On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 6:49:19 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:

Thank goodness!

Her looks are the least of it. She's the worst screecher on tour and acts like the universe has conspired against her anytime her play hits a bad patch. Off-court, I agree she's like another person, but since she's a tennis pro, I'm more
    concerned with her on-court persona. It's hard for me to watch a match I have to mute because one player's noise is so distracting.

Yes, I remember!
    What do you think about Carolos' loud grunting? That doesn't bother you? Only shrieking female tennis players(when they're playing pro tennis that is!) bother you? ;)

I dislike Carlos's grunting too (which he probably picked up from Nadal). It's the price to pay to enjoy his electrifying tennis, that's how I see it. It's not the same trade-off with Sabalenka, etc.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Thu Sep 7 16:10:47 2023
    On 7/09/2023 7:18 am, Gracchus wrote:

Thank goodness!

Her looks are the least of it. She's the worst screecher on tour and acts like the universe has conspired against her anytime her play hits a bad patch. Off-court, I agree she's like another person, >but since she's a tennis pro, I'm more concerned

At FO she hit the ball harder than most men on average.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to LedZep IgaSwanTech on Thu Sep 7 16:06:50 2023
    On 7/09/2023 2:59 am, LedZep IgaSwanTech wrote:
    Unless she improves her serve (more aces! more power) and flattens her forehand. She is good enough to win a lot of French Opens if she stays fit and focused. But she will struggle at Wimbledon and would not win many AOs and USOs with the weapons
    she currently has!

Exactly. There are many 1 hit wonders we love, not everyone has to be a
    Beatles producing dozens of hits.

One hit wonders are forgotten. I would rather have a Led Zeppelin than Wang Chung ruling tennis.

Come on Eileen
    Take on me
    My Sharona
    Tainted Love
    99 Luft Balloons
    Nothing compares to U
    Whip it
    Pass the Dutchie
    Bittersweet Symphony
    Funky Town
    500 Miles
    Spirit in the sky

etc etc

Hard to forget

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Thu Sep 7 16:25:16 2023
    On 7/09/2023 12:27 pm, Gracchus wrote:
    On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 6:49:19 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:
    On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 5:18:56 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote: >>>>> On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 1:45:51 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote: >>>>>> On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 1:12:39 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote: >>>>>>> On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 10:05:37 AM UTC-7, LedZep IgaSwanTech wrote:
    On Tuesday, September 5, 2023 at 9:19:15 PM UTC-5, Court_1 wrote: >>>>>>>>> "Swiatek won't dominate all slams like Steffi."

Thank goodness!

For me, she's one of the most insipid champions I've ever watched. >>>>>>>

Yes, I remember!

I dislike Carlos's grunting too (which he probably picked up from Nadal). It's the price to pay to enjoy his electrifying tennis, that's how I see it. It's not the same trade-off with Sabalenka, etc.

Carlos is one of the few players where the grunting looks justified, unintentional. Some of those forehands he crushed v Zverev from beyond
    the baseline were terrifying : )

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to Whisper on Thu Sep 7 06:38:36 2023
    On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 11:07:10 PM UTC-7, Whisper wrote:
    she currently has!

Who cares. Why would we want her to "dominate all slams like Steffi"? >>>

Exactly. There are many 1 hit wonders we love, not everyone has to be a >> Beatles producing dozens of hits.

Come on Eileen
    Take on me
    My Sharona
    Tainted Love
    99 Luft Balloons
    Nothing compares to U
    Whip it
    Pass the Dutchie
    Bittersweet Symphony
    Funky Town
    500 Miles
    Spirit in the sky

etc etc

Hard to forget

Some of the songs, maybe. Hardly anyone remembers who did them.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Thu Sep 7 07:15:03 2023
    On Wednesday, 6 September 2023 at 18:12:39 UTC+1, Gracchus wrote:

Thank goodness!

you mean because she's tall and CNN tells you she's from Belarus so you should dislike her?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Thu Sep 7 07:18:50 2023
    On Thursday, 7 September 2023 at 14:38:38 UTC+1, Gracchus wrote:
    On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 11:07:10 PM UTC-7, Whisper wrote:
    Unless she improves her serve (more aces! more power) and flattens her forehand. She is good enough to win a lot of French Opens if she stays fit and focused. But she will struggle at Wimbledon and would not win many AOs and USOs with the
    weapons she currently has!

Who cares. Why would we want her to "dominate all slams like Steffi"? >>>

Exactly. There are many 1 hit wonders we love, not everyone has to be a >> Beatles producing dozens of hits.

Come on Eileen
    Take on me
    My Sharona
    Tainted Love
    99 Luft Balloons
    Nothing compares to U
    Whip it
    Pass the Dutchie
    Bittersweet Symphony
    Funky Town
    500 Miles
    Spirit in the sky

etc etc

Hard to forget
    Some of the songs, maybe. Hardly anyone remembers who did them.

really? can name pretty much all of them, most parties have been to in past 15 years have played them, they GREAT songs to dance to!!
    P.S. might need to apologise to Pelle/Court1 as they are both super Aha fans ;)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Thu Sep 7 07:25:04 2023
    On Thursday, September 7, 2023 at 7:15:05 AM UTC-7, The Iceberg wrote:

Thank goodness!

you mean because she's tall and CNN tells you she's from Belarus so you should dislike her?

I hadn't even noticed her height...surprised that she's 6 feet. And I knew she was from Belarus without CNN's help. :)

But I don't care about the nationalities. IMO banning the Russians and Belarusians from Wimbledon last year was stupid and so is blacking out the flags and not shaking hands with them as if any athletes are responsible for the war or will factor into it
    at all.

Nope, I dislike Sabalenka because she's Sabalenka. She seems fine off-court, but the jet-engine level screeching and on court eye-rolling, etc. are more than enough to put me off.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Fri Sep 8 00:30:36 2023
    On 8/09/2023 12:25 am, Gracchus wrote:

Thank goodness!

I hadn't even noticed her height...surprised that she's 6 feet. And I knew she was from Belarus without CNN's help. :)

But I don't care about the nationalities. IMO banning the Russians and Belarusians from Wimbledon last year was stupid and so is blacking out the flags and not shaking hands with them as if any athletes are responsible for the war or will factor into
    it at all.

Nope, I dislike Sabalenka because she's Sabalenka. She seems fine off-court, but the jet-engine level screeching and on court eye-rolling, etc. are more than enough to put me off.

It's good to have heroes and villains, makes the contests more interesting/spicy and we can choose who we barrack for based on personal preferences. It's like watching a soapy or reality show. The last
    thing we want is all the players playing the same style of tennis and
    same temperament.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to Whisper on Thu Sep 7 07:35:53 2023
    On Thursday, September 7, 2023 at 7:30:49 AM UTC-7, Whisper wrote:
    On 8/09/2023 12:25 am, Gracchus wrote:
    On Tuesday, September 5, 2023 at 9:19:15 PM UTC-5, Court_1 wrote: >>>>> "Swiatek won't dominate all slams like Steffi."

Thank goodness!

But I don't care about the nationalities. IMO banning the Russians and Belarusians from Wimbledon last year was stupid and so is blacking out the flags and not shaking hands with them as if any athletes are responsible for the war or will factor into
    it at all.

It's good to have heroes and villains, makes the contests more interesting/spicy and we can choose who we barrack for based on personal preferences. It's like watching a soapy or reality show. The last
    thing we want is all the players playing the same style of tennis and
    same temperament.

I'm not sure what your point is, but OK.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From grif@21:1/5 to Whisper on Thu Sep 7 22:18:25 2023
    On 07/09/2023 07:06, Whisper wrote:
    she currently has!

Exactly. There are many 1 hit wonders we love, not everyone has to be a

Come on Eileen
    Take on me
    My Sharona
    Tainted Love
    99 Luft Balloons
    Nothing compares to U
    Whip it
    Pass the Dutchie
    Bittersweet Symphony
    Funky Town
    500 Miles
    Spirit in the sky

etc etc

Hard to forget

Don't recall "Whip It".
    The Verve had hits with "Lucky Man" and "The Drugs Don't Work" as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8r-tXRLazs

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to grif on Thu Sep 7 15:17:54 2023
    On 9/7/23 2:18 PM, grif wrote:
    Unless she improves her serve (more aces! more power) and
    flattens her forehand. She is good enough to win a lot of French
    Opens if she stays fit and focused. But she will struggle at
    Wimbledon and would not win many AOs and USOs with the weapons
    she currently has!

Who cares. Why would we want her to "dominate all slams like Steffi"? >>>>>

Exactly. There are many 1 hit wonders we love, not everyone has to
    be a

One hit wonders are forgotten. I would rather have a Led Zeppelin
    than Wang Chung ruling tennis.

Come on Eileen
    Take on me
    My Sharona
    Tainted Love
    99 Luft Balloons
    Nothing compares to U
    Whip it
    Pass the Dutchie
    Bittersweet Symphony
    Funky Town
    500 Miles
    Spirit in the sky

etc etc

Hard to forget

Don't recall "Whip It".

Devo, I'm thinking.

Waste of time, if you ask me.

The Verve had hits with "Lucky Man" and "The Drugs Don't Work" as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8r-tXRLazs

--
    --Sawfish ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would accept someone like me
    as a member." --G. Marx

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to grif on Fri Sep 8 18:53:19 2023
    On 8/09/2023 7:18 am, grif wrote:

Hard to forget

Don't recall "Whip It".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_QLzthSkfM

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Fri Sep 8 19:00:13 2023
    On 8/09/2023 8:17 am, Sawfish wrote:

Don't recall "Whip It".

Devo, I'm thinking.

Prob my fave 1 hit wonder;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BODDyZRF6A

And a funny joke - well, was funny in my teens;

Q : What's worse than sweat on Olivia Newton John?

A : Cum on Eileen

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From TT@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 8 12:26:06 2023
    Whisper kirjoitti 8.9.2023 klo 12.00:
    On 8/09/2023 8:17 am, Sawfish wrote:

Don't recall "Whip It".

Devo, I'm thinking.

Prob my fave 1 hit wonder;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BODDyZRF6A

And a funny joke - well, was funny in my teens;

Q : What's worse than sweat on Olivia Newton John?

A : Cum on Eileen

:)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05