• Re: Djokovic down two sets to this Laslo guy--can it be so?

From Court_1@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 1 21:08:53 2023
    Looks like he found that rabbit again. 🙄😏🐰 I just got home and turned on the tv and was shocked to see the score. I thought it would have been a quick 6-2, 6-3, 6-3 win for Djokovic.

According to PWL, Djokovic is old and feeble and should be in a boneyard somewhere. PWL had Federer in an old-age home when Federer was 27!

This sob Djokovic does this all the time. He looks like he's got one foot in the grave and then somehow he finds the needed energy just in the nick of time.

Let's see how it pans out.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 1 20:26:29 2023
    I guess he'll need to pull another rabbit out of his hat.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to olympia0000@yahoo.com on Sat Sep 2 00:33:00 2023
    Court_1 <olympia0000@yahoo.com> Wrote in message:r
    Looks like he found that rabbit again.  I just got home and turned on the tv and was shocked to see the score. I thought it would have been a quick 6-2, 6-3, 6-3 win for Djokovic.According to PWL, Djokovic is old and feeble and should be in a
    boneyard somewhere. PWL had Federer in an old-age home when Federer was 27!This sob Djokovic does this all the time. He looks like he's got one foot in the grave and then somehow he finds the needed energy just in the nick of time.Let's see how it pans
    out.

I didn't know that the guy djok is playing now is a young multi slam champion.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 2 02:03:47 2023
    On Saturday, 2 September 2023 at 05:08:55 UTC+1, Court_1 wrote:
    Looks like he found that rabbit again. 🙄😏🐰 I just got home and turned on the tv and was shocked to see the score. I thought it would have been a quick 6-2, 6-3, 6-3 win for Djokovic.

According to PWL, Djokovic is old and feeble and should be in a boneyard somewhere. PWL had Federer in an old-age home when Federer was 27!

This sob Djokovic does this all the time. He looks like he's got one foot in the grave and then somehow he finds the needed energy just in the nick of time.

"somehow" yeah like how on earth does he do it?! yeah like how does he beat these young guys that have no physical stamina despite being 23 and give endless excuses about "mental problems" on why they can't win matches and have coaches like Badosa's who
    when she said she got stressed serving when an opponent has a break point(which to her was a huge deal as if anyone would think her day job was playing tennis) he told her "you've got to stop playing tennis for a while when you're in that state" or
    Kyrgios who said he can't play tennis all year round cos it's too tough!
    Yeah! just can't work it out why a super hard worker and person who wants to win tennis trophies like Djoker beats these guys so many times.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Pelle_Svansl=c3=b6s?=@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 2 12:59:41 2023
    On 2.9.2023 7.08, Court_1 wrote:

Judging by the scoreline, he switched to second gear, gently brushed the accelerator and the schnook is in the rear-view mirror. It's the
    difference between a finely tuned V-12 and a Yugo. I've seen this happen
    before and it's AWESOME when you get to witness it. You can almost feel
    the acceleration yourself.

--
    "And off they went, from here to there,
    The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair"
    -- Traditional

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 2 21:08:43 2023
    On 2/09/2023 2:08 pm, Court_1 wrote:

You sound like my wife. As soon as Novak wins a set she turns the tv
    off. That's when I know Novak will win the match - she's been proven
    right every time : )

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Sat Sep 2 06:05:58 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 2:03:50 AM UTC-7, The Iceberg wrote:

"somehow" yeah like how on earth does he do it?! yeah like how does he beat these young guys that have no physical stamina despite being 23 and give endless excuses about "mental problems" on why they can't win matches and have coaches like Badosa's
    who when she said she got stressed serving when an opponent has a break point(which to her was a huge deal as if anyone would think her day job was playing tennis) he told her "you've got to stop playing tennis for a while when you're in that state" or

Yeah! just can't work it out why a super hard worker and person who wants to win tennis trophies like Djoker beats these guys so many times.

The thing is, he's done it so many times before and these guys REMEMBER how many times he's done it, so they start thinking about it once they have a lead on Djoke. Then when he turns up the juice, they start feeling they are done for and it becomes a
    self-fulfilling prophecy. Even Alcaraz admitted those thoughts were going through his mind at Wimbledon. Unfortunately for Laslo, he is no Alcaraz.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Kalevi Kolttonen@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Sat Sep 2 14:07:47 2023
    Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com> wrote:
    The thing is, he's done it so many times before and these guys REMEMBER how many times he's done it, so they start thinking about it once they have a lead on Djoke. Then when he turns up the juice, they start feeling they are done for and it becomes a
    self-fulfilling prophecy. Even Alcaraz admitted those thoughts were going through his mind at Wimbledon. Unfortunately for Laslo, he is no Alcaraz.

Sounds 100% credible to me.

br,
    KK

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Sun Sep 3 00:48:06 2023
    On 2/09/2023 11:05 pm, Gracchus wrote:

"somehow" yeah like how on earth does he do it?! yeah like how does he beat these young guys that have no physical stamina despite being 23 and give endless excuses about "mental problems" on why they can't win matches and have coaches like Badosa's
    who when she said she got stressed serving when an opponent has a break point(which to her was a huge deal as if anyone would think her day job was playing tennis) he told her "you've got to stop playing tennis for a while when you're in that state" or

The thing is, he's done it so many times before and these guys REMEMBER how many times he's done it, so they start thinking about it once they have a lead on Djoke. Then when he turns up the juice, >they start feeling they are done for and it becomes a

Alcaraz is the only one to break the 5 set jinx, can't remember the last
    time Novak has lost a match that went 5? Off the top of my head that
    9-7 5th set v Nadal at FO 10 yrs ago comes to mind, also 2014 AO loss to
    Stan. And probably at the hardest place to beat Djokovic, a Wimbledon
    final. Carlos has been 'baptized by fire' with these gutsy matches v
    Novak and it has to have made him a better player - every other opponent
    will seem like playing a junior by comparison. I think the loss to
    Novak in Cincinnati will help him here if they meet in the final, he'll
    be going in expecting a 6 hour slugfest and knows Novak is never dead
    until the final point. Still some tennis left to play, but if they meet
    I expect Carlos to win in 4.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Sat Sep 2 07:55:10 2023
    On 9/2/23 6:05 AM, Gracchus wrote:

The thing is, he's done it so many times before and these guys REMEMBER how many times he's done it, so they start thinking about it once they have a lead on Djoke.

I think you're on to something here.

I watched until the end of the 2nd set, but retired early ("Beer and wine...mighty fine. But wine and whiskey...pretty risky...") thinking
    that Djok's run was over.

Did the other guy seem  to choke, or what?

Then when he turns up the juice, they start feeling they are done for and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Even Alcaraz admitted those thoughts were going through his mind at Wimbledon. Unfortunately for Laslo, he is no Alcaraz.

--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Give me Dadaism, or give me nothing!"
    --Sawfish

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Sat Sep 2 07:59:53 2023
    On 9/2/23 2:03 AM, The Iceberg wrote:

He's a big hoodoo man, that's for sure.

--
    --Sawfish ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Would someone please tell me what 'diddy-wah-diddy' means?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 2 17:01:34 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 5:59:44 AM UTC-4, Pelle Svanslös wrote:
    On 2.9.2023 7.08, Court_1 wrote:

Judging by the scoreline, he switched to second gear, gently brushed the accelerator and the schnook is in the rear-view mirror. It's the
    difference between a finely tuned V-12 and a Yugo. I've seen this happen before and it's AWESOME when you get to witness it. You can almost feel
    the acceleration yourself.

Pipe's done it so many times, I expect it now. Unless he's passed out on the court, you can never count the guy out. He's got about 6 gears. I admire that aspect about him for sure. That kind of resilience is rare and that's what has helped make him rise
    above the rest.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Whisper on Sat Sep 2 17:04:35 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 10:48:16 AM UTC-4, Whisper wrote:

The thing is, he's done it so many times before and these guys REMEMBER how many times he's done it, so they start thinking about it once they have a lead on Djoke. Then when he turns up the juice, >they start feeling they are done for and it becomes
    a self-fulfilling prophecy. Even Alcaraz admitted those thoughts were going through his mind at Wimbledon. Unfortunately for Laslo, he is no Alcaraz.
    Alcaraz is the only one to break the 5 set jinx, can't remember the last time Novak has lost a match that went 5? Off the top of my head that
    9-7 5th set v Nadal at FO 10 yrs ago comes to mind, also 2014 AO loss to Stan. And probably at the hardest place to beat Djokovic, a Wimbledon
    Novak and it has to have made him a better player - every other opponent will seem like playing a junior by comparison. I think the loss to

??? Why? What indicator has there been that Djokovic won't fight like hell? Dont' count that f****r out!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Sat Sep 2 17:10:11 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 12:33:04 AM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    Court_1 Wrote in message:r
    Looks like he found that rabbit again. I just got home and turned on the tv and was shocked to see the score. I thought it would have been a quick 6-2, 6-3, 6-3 win for Djokovic.According to PWL, Djokovic is old and feeble and should be in a boneyard
    somewhere. PWL had Federer in an old-age home when Federer was 27!This sob Djokovic does this all the time. He looks like he's got one foot in the grave and then somehow he finds the needed energy just in the nick of time.Let's see how it pans out.

I didn't know that the guy djok is playing now is a young multi slam champion.

I thought the other day you said Djokovic is more likely to lose to chumps? Make up your mind. Also, according to you, age 28 is OLD. How could these two ancient skeletons still be playing? *rolls eyes*

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to olympia0000@yahoo.com on Sat Sep 2 23:40:31 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 12:33:04AM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 Wrote in message:r > > Looks like he found that rabbit again. I just got home and turned on the tv and was shocked to see the score. I thought it would have been a quick
    6-2, 6-3, 6-3 win for Djokovic.According to PWL, Djokovic is old and feeble and should be in a boneyard somewhere. PWL had Federer in an old-age home when Federer was 27!This sob Djokovic does this all the time. He looks like he's got one foot in the
    grave and then somehow he finds the needed energy just in the nick of time.Let's see how it pans out. > > I didn't know that the guy djok is playing now is a young multi slam champion. I thought the other day you said Djokovic is more likely to lose to
    chumps? Make up your mind. Also, according to you, age 28 is OLD. How could these two ancient skeletons still be playing? *rolls eyes*

I said this? Links please?

You are the one that is flying high talking about how great djokovic is beating some guy that I never heard of and using it as evidence that age doesn't matter

Again, the entire tour is useless, young and old, and age matters as it is a factor of many factors that influence the results.

Federer was stopped in slams mainly by Djokovic and Nadal. Both are 5 and 6 years younger than him and multi slam champions.

When technicality and experience are similar, then age matters and younger athletes are at advantage.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Sun Sep 3 09:19:58 2023
    PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
    When technicality and experience are similar, then age matters and younger athletes are at advantage.

Yes.

It goes the other way too, when there's a gap in technicality and experience such as 23-27 year old Federer vs 18-22 Djokovic?

Who wins then?

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.

Federer 10 slams
    Djokovic 1 slam.

Never heard you complaining about that?

Additionally Djokovic had Nadal and Murray, all of them 1-year apart and he had no age advantage on them at all.

Nadal and Murray reached 41 slam finals.
    Sampras and Agassi reached 34 slam finals.

Ha?

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 3 19:18:42 2023
    On 3/09/2023 10:04 am, Court_1 wrote:
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 10:48:16 AM UTC-4, Whisper wrote:
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 2:03:50 AM UTC-7, The Iceberg wrote: >>>> On Saturday, 2 September 2023 at 05:08:55 UTC+1, Court_1 wrote:

The thing is, he's done it so many times before and these guys REMEMBER how many times he's done it, so they start thinking about it once they have a lead on Djoke. Then when he turns up the juice, >they start feeling they are done for and it becomes
    a self-fulfilling prophecy. Even Alcaraz admitted those thoughts were going through his mind at Wimbledon. Unfortunately for Laslo, he is no Alcaraz.
    Alcaraz is the only one to break the 5 set jinx, can't remember the last
    time Novak has lost a match that went 5? Off the top of my head that
    9-7 5th set v Nadal at FO 10 yrs ago comes to mind, also 2014 AO loss to
    Stan. And probably at the hardest place to beat Djokovic, a Wimbledon
    Novak and it has to have made him a better player - every other opponent
    will seem like playing a junior by comparison. I think the loss to

??? Why? What indicator has there been that Djokovic won't fight like hell? Dont' count that f****r out!

I think Carlos can reach a higher peak than Novak at this stage, and
    he'll have to have after burners on the whole way to put him away in 4 sets.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Sun Sep 3 19:28:27 2023
    On 3/09/2023 1:40 pm, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 12:33:04AM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 Wrote in message:r > > Looks like he found that rabbit again. I just got home and turned on the tv and was shocked to see the score. I thought it would have been a
    quick 6-2, 6-3, 6-3 win for Djokovic.According to PWL, Djokovic is old and feeble and should be in a boneyard somewhere. PWL had Federer in an old-age home when Federer was 27!This sob Djokovic does this all the time. He looks like he's got one foot in
    the grave and then somehow he finds the needed energy just in the nick of time.Let's see how it pans out. > > I didn't know that the guy djok is playing now is a young multi slam champion. I thought the other day you said Djokovic is more likely to lose
    to chumps? Make up your mind. Also, according to you, age 28 is OLD. How could these two ancient skeletons still be playing? *rolls eyes*

You are the one that is flying high talking about how great djokovic is beating some guy that I never heard of and using it as evidence that age doesn't matter

Again, the entire tour is useless, young and old, and age matters as it is a factor of many factors that influence the results.

Federer was stopped in slams mainly by Djokovic and Nadal. Both are 5 and 6 years younger than him and multi slam champions.

So there's no possibility of a player being better than another player?
    That's usually the reason a player wins less and loses more to his
    rivals, ie he's not quite as good, though still a fantastic player.
    There are many fantastic tennis players who aren't goat, Roger is 1 of many.

It's also puzzling you say Novak is winning so much at 36 because of
    there being 'no good players today', but didn't use the same logic when
    Roger won most of his slams v weaker players than Rafa/Novak. I'm sure
    you know all this, can't be that stupid lol : )

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Sun Sep 3 17:37:10 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 11:40:36 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 12:33:04 AM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 Wrote in message:r > > Looks like he found that rabbit again. I just got home and turned on the tv and was shocked to see the score. I thought it would have been a
    quick 6-2, 6-3, 6-3 win for Djokovic.According to PWL, Djokovic is old and feeble and should be in a boneyard somewhere. PWL had Federer in an old-age home when Federer was 27!This sob Djokovic does this all the time. He looks like he's got one foot in
    the grave and then somehow he finds the needed energy just in the nick of time.Let's see how it pans out. > > I didn't know that the guy djok is playing now is a young multi slam champion. I thought the other day you said Djokovic is more likely to lose
    to chumps? Make up your mind. Also, according to you, age 28 is OLD. How could these two ancient skeletons still be playing? *rolls eyes*

So, if Djokovic beats a guy you've never heard of, his mental strength isn't that great, but if he beats a young great player like Alcaraz, you'll say Alcaraz isn't as great as Nadal/Federer, etc. There's always an excuse in your arsenal where Federer
    can never be upstaged in any way.

The problem with all of that is that Djokovic already mastered the two other GOATS(Federer, Nadal) which tells us all we need to know. Unless you want to come back and tell us that you don't think Federer and Nadal are that great?

You have said in past posts that Federer at age 27 or 28 only lost to Nadal or Djokovic at the slams because he was five to six years older. You started making age excuses for Federer a decade ago when he was still in his prime. I did the same thing back
    then but it reached a point of absurdity to continue to do it given all the evidence.

So you think players like Tsitsipas, Zverev, Medvedev, etc. are worse players than Nishikori, Raonic, Berdych, not to mention players like Philippoussis, Baghdatis, Gonzalez, etc? Really? Why don't you compare the titles each one of those players won?

That's bullshit in 2023 and in the past decade or more when players have better fitness, technology, medicine, etc. Not to mention the fact that Federer was winning slams post age 35 and meeting Djokovic over and over again in slam finals. You simply can'
    t call a player who is doing that too old. It's a joke.

Five or six years is not much. What about Djokovic vs Alcaraz where there's a sixteen year age difference? But I know you're going to say that if Djokovic continues to beat Alcaraz that Alcaraz is a fake and isn't really that good. This is what you do.
    Instead of looking at the facts and coming up with the only objective and reasonable conclusion, you resort to any theory that will prop Federer up even if you have to shift theories and contradict yourself from day to day.

I don't know how or why you want to keep up the facade. It's so much easier /healthier to look at everything and conclude that while Federer was an all time great and probably second or third best of all time and had the most beautiful game of all time,
    Djokovic was a bit better/greater.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Whisper on Sun Sep 3 17:41:29 2023
    On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 5:28:35 AM UTC-4, Whisper wrote:

So there's no possibility of a player being better than another player? That's usually the reason a player wins less and loses more to his
    rivals, ie he's not quite as good, though still a fantastic player.

Not in PWL's world. His brain simply won't allow him to do it. It has to trick itself in order for him to cope which is ridiculous. Why jump through hoops to conjure up theories in order to keep your favorite player the greatest forever when every
    relevant marker says something a bit different?

But you do the same thing with McEnroe when it's evident that he was surpassed by players like Borg, Lendl, Connors, etc.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to olympia0000@yahoo.com on Sun Sep 3 21:14:33 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 11:40:36PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 Wrote in message:r> > On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 12:33:04 AM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 Wrote in message:r > > Looks like he found that rabbit again. I
    just got home and turned on the tv and was shocked to see the score. I thought it would have been a quick 6-2, 6-3, 6-3 win for Djokovic.According to PWL, Djokovic is old and feeble and should be in a boneyard somewhere. PWL had Federer in an old-age
    home when Federer was 27!This sob Djokovic does this all the time. He looks like he's got one foot in the grave and then somehow he finds the needed energy just in the nick of time.Let's see how it pans out. > > I didn't know that the guy djok is playing
    now is a young multi slam champion. I thought the other day you said Djokovic is more likely to lose to chumps? Make up your mind. Also, according to you, age 28 is OLD. How could these two ancient skeletons still be playing? *rolls eyes*> I said this?
    Links please? > > You are the one that is flying high talking about how great djokovic is beating some guy that I never heard of and using it as evidence that age doesn't matter So, if Djokovic beats a guy you've never heard of, his mental strength isn't
    that great, but if he beats a young great player like Alcaraz, you'll say Alcaraz isn't as great as Nadal/Federer, etc. There's always an excuse in your arsenal where Federer can never be upstaged in any way. The problem with all of that is that Djokovic
    already mastered the two other GOATS(Federer, Nadal) which tells us all we need to know. Unless you want to come back and tell us that you don't think Federer and Nadal are that great?You have said in past posts that Federer at age 27 or 28 only lost to
    Nadal or Djokovic at the slams because he was five to six years older. You started making age excuses for Federer a decade ago when he was still in his prime. I did the same thing back then but it reached a point of absurdity to continue to do it given
    all the evidence.> Again, the entire tour is useless, young and old, and age matters as it is a factor of many factors that influence the results. So you think players like Tsitsipas, Zverev, Medvedev, etc. are worse players than Nishikori, Raonic,
    Berdych, not to mention players like Philippoussis, Baghdatis, Gonzalez, etc? Really? Why don't you compare the titles each one of those players won? > Federer was stopped in slams mainly by Djokovic and Nadal. Both are 5 and 6 years younger than him
    and multi slam champions. > > When technicality and experience are similar, then age matters and younger athletes are at advantage.That's bullshit in 2023 and in the past decade or more when players have better fitness, technology, medicine, etc. Not to
    mention the fact that Federer was winning slams post age 35 and meeting Djokovic over and over again in slam finals. You simply can't call a player who is doing that too old. It's a joke.Five or six years is not much. What about Djokovic vs Alcaraz where
    there's a sixteen year age difference? But I know you're going to say that if Djokovic continues to beat Alcaraz that Alcaraz is a fake and isn't really that good. This is what you do. Instead of looking at the facts and coming up with the only objective
    and reasonable conclusion, you resort to any theory that will prop Federer up even if you have to shift theories and contradict yourself from day to day. I don't know how or why you want to keep up the facade. It's so much easier /healthier to look at
    everything and conclude that while Federer was an all time great and probably second or third best of all time and had the most beautiful game of all time, Djokovic was a bit better/greater.

I am not going to read any of this post until you provide a link to the post that I said "Djokovic is more likely to lose to chumps?", otherwise this is a waste of time and you are just trolling.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Sun Sep 3 19:22:53 2023
    On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 9:14:37 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 11:40:36 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 Wrote in message:r> > On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 12:33:04 AM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 Wrote in message:r > > Looks like he found that rabbit again. I
    just got home and turned on the tv and was shocked to see the score. I thought it would have been a quick 6-2, 6-3, 6-3 win for Djokovic.According to PWL, Djokovic is old and feeble and should be in a boneyard somewhere. PWL had Federer in an old-age
    home when Federer was 27!This sob Djokovic does this all the time. He looks like he's got one foot in the grave and then somehow he finds the needed energy just in the nick of time.Let's see how it pans out. > > I didn't know that the guy djok is playing
    now is a young multi slam champion. I thought the other day you said Djokovic is more likely to lose to chumps? Make up your mind. Also, according to you, age 28 is OLD. How could these two ancient skeletons still be playing? *rolls eyes*> I said this?
    Links please? > > You are the one that is flying high talking about how great djokovic is beating some guy that I never heard of and using it as evidence that age doesn't matter So, if Djokovic beats a guy you've never heard of, his mental strength isn't
    that great, but if he beats a young great player like Alcaraz, you'll say Alcaraz isn't as great as Nadal/Federer, etc. There's always an excuse in your arsenal where Federer can never be upstaged in any way. The problem with all of that is that Djokovic
    already mastered the two other GOATS(Federer, Nadal) which tells us all we need to know. Unless you want to come back and tell us that you don't think Federer and Nadal are that great?You have said in past posts that Federer at age 27 or 28 only lost to
    Nadal or Djokovic at the slams because he was five to six years older. You started making age excuses for Federer a decade ago when he was still in his prime. I did the same thing back then but it reached a point of absurdity to continue to do it given
    all the evidence.> Again, the entire tour is useless, young and old, and age matters as it is a factor of many factors that influence the results. So you think players like Tsitsipas, Zverev, Medvedev, etc. are worse players than Nishikori, Raonic,
    Berdych, not to mention players like Philippoussis, Baghdatis, Gonzalez, etc? Really? Why don't you compare the titles each one of those players won? > Federer was stopped in slams mainly by Djokovic and Nadal. Both are 5 and 6 years younger than him and
    multi slam champions. > > When technicality and experience are similar, then age matters and younger athletes are at advantage.That's bullshit in 2023 and in the past decade or more when players have better fitness, technology, medicine, etc. Not to
    mention the fact that Federer was winning slams post age 35 and meeting Djokovic over and over again in slam finals. You simply can't call a player who is doing that too old. It's a joke.Five or six years is not much. What about Djokovic vs Alcaraz where
    there's a sixteen year age difference? But I know you're going to say that if Djokovic continues to beat Alcaraz that Alcaraz is a fake and isn't really that good. This is what you do. Instead of looking at the facts and coming up with the only objective
    and reasonable conclusion, you resort to any theory that will prop Federer up even if you have to shift theories and contradict yourself from day to day. I don't know how or why you want to keep up the facade. It's so much easier /healthier to look at
    everything and conclude that while Federer was an all time great and probably second or third best of all time and had the most beautiful game of all time, Djokovic was a bit better/greater.

I am not going to read any of this post until you provide a link to the post that I said "Djokovic is more likely to lose to chumps?", otherwise this is a waste of time and you are just trolling.

Are you for real? You just said it in the Alcaraz vs Djokovic thread. You said this:

" Why don't you say the same when Djokovic beats all the other younger players? Simply because they aren't great players, correct?"

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.tennis/c/iebF_QOtMd4

That's just one example. You've said it other times too. It's there for all to see. You also said the other day that Djokovic has lost slams to lesser players like Murray/Wawrinka. Do you want me to find that too? *rolls eyes* The big elephant in the
    room that you missed is that Djokovic made the two other goats his poodles in the last decade. That trumps everything else.

You change the narrative so often you lose track of what you say.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to olympia0000@yahoo.com on Sun Sep 3 23:23:22 2023
    On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 9:14:37PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 Wrote in message:r > > On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 11:40:36 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 Wrote in message:r> > On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 12:33:04 AM
    UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Court_1 Wrote in message:r > > Looks like he found that rabbit again. I just got home and turned on the tv and was shocked to see the score. I thought it would have been a quick 6-2, 6-3, 6-3 win for Djokovic.According to PWL,
    Djokovic is old and feeble and should be in a boneyard somewhere. PWL had Federer in an old-age home when Federer was 27!This sob Djokovic does this all the time. He looks like he's got one foot in the grave and then somehow he finds the needed energy
    just in the nick of time.Let's see how it pans out. > > I didn't know that the guy djok is playing now is a young multi slam champion. I thought the other day you said Djokovic is more likely to lose to chumps? Make up your mind. Also, according to you,
    age 28 is OLD. How could these two ancient skeletons still be playing? *rolls eyes*> I said this? Links please? > > You are the one that is flying high talking about how great djokovic is beating some guy that I never heard of and using it as evidence
    that age doesn't matter So, if Djokovic beats a guy you've never heard of, his mental strength isn't that great, but if he beats a young great player like Alcaraz, you'll say Alcaraz isn't as great as Nadal/Federer, etc. There's always an excuse in your
    arsenal where Federer can never be upstaged in any way. The problem with all of that is that Djokovic already mastered the two other GOATS(Federer, Nadal) which tells us all we need to know. Unless you want to come back and tell us that you don't think
    Federer and Nadal are that great?You have said in past posts that Federer at age 27 or 28 only lost to Nadal or Djokovic at the slams because he was five to six years older. You started making age excuses for Federer a decade ago when he was still in his
    prime. I did the same thing back then but it reached a point of absurdity to continue to do it given all the evidence.> Again, the entire tour is useless, young and old, and age matters as it is a factor of many factors that influence the results. So you
    think players like Tsitsipas, Zverev, Medvedev, etc. are worse players than Nishikori, Raonic, Berdych, not to mention players like Philippoussis, Baghdatis, Gonzalez, etc? Really? Why don't you compare the titles each one of those players won? > Federer
    was stopped in slams mainly by Djokovic and Nadal. Both are 5 and 6 years younger than him and multi slam champions. > > When technicality and experience are similar, then age matters and younger athletes are at advantage.That's bullshit in 2023 and in
    the past decade or more when players have better fitness, technology, medicine, etc. Not to mention the fact that Federer was winning slams post age 35 and meeting Djokovic over and over again in slam finals. You simply can't call a player who is doing
    that too old. It's a joke.Five or six years is not much. What about Djokovic vs Alcaraz where there's a sixteen year age difference? But I know you're going to say that if Djokovic continues to beat Alcaraz that Alcaraz is a fake and isn't really that
    good. This is what you do. Instead of looking at the facts and coming up with the only objective and reasonable conclusion, you resort to any theory that will prop Federer up even if you have to shift theories and contradict yourself from day to day. I
    don't know how or why you want to keep up the facade. It's so much easier /healthier to look at everything and conclude that while Federer was an all time great and probably second or third best of all time and had the most beautiful game of all time,
    Djokovic was a bit better/greater. > > I am not going to read any of this post until you provide a link to the post that I said "Djokovic is more likely to lose to chumps?", otherwise this is a waste of time and you are just trolling.Are you for real?
    You just said it in the Alcaraz vs Djokovic thread. You said this:" Why don't you say the same when Djokovic beats all the other younger players?Simply because they aren't great players, correct?"https://groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.tennis/c/iebF_
    QOtMd4That's just one example. You've said it other times too. It's there for all to see. You also said the other day that Djokovic has lost slams to lesser players like Murray/Wawrinka. Do you want me to find that too? *rolls eyes* The big elephant in
    the room that you missed is that Djokovic made the two other goats his poodles in the last decade. That trumps everything else.You change the narrative so often you lose track of what you say.

You used Djokovic's win against Alcaraz as evidence that age
    doesn't matter.

So I wondered saying "Why don't you say the same when Djokovic
    beats all the other younger players?
    Simply because they aren't great players, correct?".

I simply asked why you didn't use "all other younger players that
    get beaten by djokovic as well" as evidence that age isn't a
    factor the same way you did with Alcaraz. Then I answered it for
    you saying it's because they aren't great players like
    Alcaraz.

Then I asserted what I said before when I said "Alcaraz is still
    young and will mature by age and by losses but no one said he
    won't lose to Djokovic again especially in three
    sets.".

So tell me now, how does this translate to your lie saying that I
    said "Djokovic is more likely to lose to chump"?!

Honestly I thought you are capable of comprehending simple
    discussions, but it's either you are trolling or
    incapable.

I
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Sun Sep 3 21:30:19 2023
    On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 11:23:27 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:

doesn't matter.

I said that the fact that a 16 years older Djokovic can still beat Alcaraz shows us that the six year age difference between Federer and Djokovic that you bleat on about constantly isn't that material.

Alcaraz.

So there you go! You're admitting that Djokovic only beats chumps then? Why don't you answer my question to you: Are players like Nishikori, Raonic, Baghdatis, Gonzalez, etc. better players than Tsitsipas, Medvedev, Zverev in your estimation? Also, isn'
    t the fact that Djokovic overtook two other goat players in Federer and Nadal the best evidence that he's a bit superior? Or do you consider Federer and Nadal average to poor players as well?

sets.".

But what if Djokovic continues to beat him in best of five like he did at the FO? Will you then say Alcaraz is a chump? Of course you will. You've already started that theory when Alcaraz lost to Djokovic at the FO. As I said, you're all about coming up
    with any desperate theory to keep your idol as the mythical goat despite so much evidence that shows otherwise.

Because you've outright stated multiple times that Djokovic has been losing to chumps. I guess Federer and Nadal are chumps in your mind? Oh I forgot, their losses to Djokovic don't count because Federer, who was making slam final after slam final and
    outplaying Djokovic/Nadal at age 35+ was a cripple according to you. Get out of here with that nonsense!

incapable.

Projection again? I'm not the one coming up with inane theories to keep Federer as some mythical God. All the evidence I see is telling me that he lost the race to Djokovic as Djokovic is a bit better.
    See how easy that was for me to say? You'll never get there though. You'd rather cut off your own testicle than admit it. So weird.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 3 22:13:39 2023
    On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 9:30:22 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:

incapable.

Projection again? I'm not the one coming up with inane theories to keep Federer as some mythical God. All the evidence I see is telling me that he lost the race to Djokovic as Djokovic is a bit better.

See how easy that was for me to say? You'll never get there though. You'd rather cut off your own testicle than admit it. So weird.

At least that would take his mind off his foot.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 4 20:00:28 2023
    On 4/09/2023 2:30 pm, Court_1 wrote:

incapable.

I think PWL has really lost it. If Fed played in different era to
    Novak/Nadal he can maybe convince himself Federer was better, but they
    played each other longer and more times than any other greats. He uses
    that 1 match v Sampras at Wimbledon as an argument killer, but the
    dozens of matches v Novak/Rafa are somehow less convincing - huh?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 4 05:53:20 2023
    On Monday, 4 September 2023 at 05:30:22 UTC+1, Court_1 wrote:
    doesn't matter.
    I said that the fact that a 16 years older Djokovic can still beat Alcaraz shows us that the six year age difference between Federer and Djokovic that you bleat on about constantly isn't that material.

Alcaraz.
    So there you go! You're admitting that Djokovic only beats chumps then? Why don't you answer my question to you: Are players like Nishikori, Raonic, Baghdatis, Gonzalez, etc. better players than Tsitsipas, Medvedev, Zverev in your estimation? Also, isn'
    t the fact that Djokovic overtook two other goat players in Federer and Nadal the best evidence that he's a bit superior? Or do you consider Federer and Nadal average to poor players as well?
    sets.".
    But what if Djokovic continues to beat him in best of five like he did at the FO? Will you then say Alcaraz is a chump? Of course you will. You've already started that theory when Alcaraz lost to Djokovic at the FO. As I said, you're all about coming
    up with any desperate theory to keep your idol as the mythical goat despite so much evidence that shows otherwise.
    Because you've outright stated multiple times that Djokovic has been losing to chumps. I guess Federer and Nadal are chumps in your mind? Oh I forgot, their losses to Djokovic don't count because Federer, who was making slam final after slam final and
    outplaying Djokovic/Nadal at age 35+ was a cripple according to you. Get out of here with that nonsense!
    incapable.

PeteWasLucky has simply exposed your adulation for your new hero Djoker, you're a glory fan so are just supporting another #1 player as per usual! Pete's proven that this new gen of players(yet again) are totally useless except perhaps Carlos and jury is
    still out of him cos of him collapsing at the FO. You need to get over that Djoker could only beat old an retired bad-knee Fed and old injured one-footed Nadal, that's why Stan or Murray always gave him a great big beating anywhere important(Wimbledon
    finals, Olympics, US Open final, #1)!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Mon Sep 4 07:12:35 2023
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 5:53:23 AM UTC-7, The Iceberg wrote:

PeteWasLucky has simply exposed your adulation for your new hero Djoker, you're a glory fan so are just supporting another #1 player as per usual! Pete's proven that this new gen of players(yet again) are totally useless except perhaps Carlos and jury
    is still out of him cos of him collapsing at the FO. You need to get over that Djoker could only beat old an retired bad-knee Fed and old injured one-footed Nadal, that's why Stan or Murray always gave him a great big beating anywhere important(Wimbledon

Good post, Ice! :))

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Mon Sep 4 13:49:53 2023
    Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 9:30:22PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:> On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 11:23:27PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > Honestly I thought you are capable of comprehending simple > > discussions, but it's either you are trolling or
    incapable.> Projection again? I'm not the one coming up with inane theories to keep Federer as some mythical God. All the evidence I see is telling me that he lost the race to Djokovic as Djokovic is a bit better. > See how easy that was for me to
    say? You'll never get there though. You'd rather cut off your own testicle than admit it. So weird.At least that would take his mind off his foot.

lol :) good one.

I am finally forced to take a break. I got bad back spasms.
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Mon Sep 4 13:58:29 2023
    The Iceberg <iceberg.rules@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Monday, 4 September 2023 at 05:30:22 UTC+1, Court_1 wrote:> On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 11:23:27PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > Court_1 Wrote in message:r> > You used Djokovic's win against Alcaraz as evidence that age > > doesn't matter.> I
    said that the fact that a 16 years older Djokovic can still beat Alcaraz shows us that the six year age difference between Federer and Djokovic that you bleat on about constantly isn't that material.> > So I wondered saying "Why don't you say the same
    when Djokovic > > beats all the other younger players? > > Simply because they aren't great players, correct?". > > > > I simply asked why you didn't use "all other younger players that > > get beaten by djokovic as well" as evidence that age isn't a > >
    factor the same way you did with Alcaraz. Then I answered it for > > you saying it's because they aren't great players like > > Alcaraz.> So there you go! You're admitting that Djokovic only beats chumps then? Why don't you answer my question to you: Are
    players like Nishikori, Raonic, Baghdatis, Gonzalez, etc. better players than Tsitsipas, Medvedev, Zverev in your estimation? Also, isn't the fact that Djokovic overtook two other goat players in Federer and Nadal the best evidence that he's a bit
    superior? Or do you consider Federer and Nadal average to poor players as well?> > Then I asserted what I said before when I said "Alcaraz is still > > young and will mature by age and by losses but no one said he > > won't lose to Djokovic again
    especially in three > > sets.".> But what if Djokovic continues to beat him in best of five like he did at the FO? Will you then say Alcaraz is a chump? Of course you will. You've already started that theory when Alcaraz lost to Djokovic at the FO. As I
    said, you're all about coming up with any desperate theory to keep your idol as the mythical goat despite so much evidence that shows otherwise.> > So tell me now, how does this translate to your lie saying that I > > said "Djokovic is more likely to
    lose to chump"?!> Because you've outright stated multiple times that Djokovic has been losing to chumps. I guess Federer and Nadal are chumps in your mind? Oh I forgot, their losses to Djokovic don't count because Federer, who was making slam final after
    slam final and outplaying Djokovic/Nadal at age 35+ was a cripple according to you. Get out of here with that nonsense!> > Honestly I thought you are capable of comprehending simple > > discussions, but it's either you are trolling or > > incapable.>
    Projection again? I'm not the one coming up with inane theories to keep Federer as some mythical God. All the evidence I see is telling me that he lost the race to Djokovic as Djokovic is a bit better. > See how easy that was for me to say? You'll never
    get there though. You'd rather cut off your own testicle than admit it. So weird.PeteWasLucky has simply exposed your adulation for your new hero Djoker, you're a glory fan so are just supporting another #1 player as per usual! Pete's proven that this
    new gen of players(yet again) are totally useless except perhaps Carlos and jury is still out of him cos of him collapsing at the FO. You need to get over that Djoker could only beat old an retired bad-knee Fed and old injured one-footed Nadal, that's
    why Stan or Murray always gave him a great big beating anywhere important(Wimbledon finals, Olympics, US Open final, #1)!

Good post Ice. Court1 believes when she fully abandons a state of mind to switch to another state of mind and in the process she criticizes who didn't exhibit the same bipolar moody swings, that she becomes the smartest of the pack.
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Whisper on Mon Sep 4 14:31:22 2023
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 6:00:41 AM UTC-4, Whisper wrote:
    On 4/09/2023 2:30 pm, Court_1 wrote:

incapable.

I think PWL has really lost it. If Fed played in different era to Novak/Nadal he can maybe convince himself Federer was better, but they played each other longer and more times than any other greats. He uses
    that 1 match v Sampras at Wimbledon as an argument killer, but the
    dozens of matches v Novak/Rafa are somehow less convincing - huh?

Yes, PWL is too far gone I'm afraid.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Mon Sep 4 14:35:34 2023
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 8:53:23 AM UTC-4, The Iceberg wrote:
    doesn't matter.

Alcaraz.
    So there you go! You're admitting that Djokovic only beats chumps then? Why don't you answer my question to you: Are players like Nishikori, Raonic, Baghdatis, Gonzalez, etc. better players than Tsitsipas, Medvedev, Zverev in your estimation? Also,
    isn't the fact that Djokovic overtook two other goat players in Federer and Nadal the best evidence that he's a bit superior? Or do you consider Federer and Nadal average to poor players as well?
    sets.".
    But what if Djokovic continues to beat him in best of five like he did at the FO? Will you then say Alcaraz is a chump? Of course you will. You've already started that theory when Alcaraz lost to Djokovic at the FO. As I said, you're all about coming
    up with any desperate theory to keep your idol as the mythical goat despite so much evidence that shows otherwise.
    Because you've outright stated multiple times that Djokovic has been losing to chumps. I guess Federer and Nadal are chumps in your mind? Oh I forgot, their losses to Djokovic don't count because Federer, who was making slam final after slam final
    and outplaying Djokovic/Nadal at age 35+ was a cripple according to you. Get out of here with that nonsense!
    incapable.

PeteWasLucky has simply exposed your adulation for your new hero Djoker, you're a glory fan so are just supporting another #1 player as per usual! Pete's proven that this new gen of players(yet again) are totally useless except perhaps Carlos and jury
    is still out of him cos of him collapsing at the FO. You need to get over that Djoker could only beat old an retired bad-knee Fed and old injured one-footed Nadal, that's why Stan or Murray always gave him a great big beating anywhere important(Wimbledon

Djokovic isn't my new hero! I'll always prefer Federer but: 1) Federer is no longer playing and 2) I'm no deluded fan and there's no question that Djokovic has proven he's better than Federer and Nadal. Only morons or baboons like yourself can see it
    and admit it.

It doesn't matter if Djokovic had more match-up problems with Wawrinka or Murray than Federer and Nadal had. Djokovic made Federer and Nadal his poodles for the better part of a decade in the most important matches. That's the most relevant part.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Mon Sep 4 14:39:15 2023
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 1:58:38 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    The Iceberg <iceber...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Monday, 4 September 2023 at 05:30:22 UTC+1, Court_1 wrote:> On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 11:23:27 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > Court_1 Wrote in message:r> > You used Djokovic's win against Alcaraz as evidence that age > > doesn't matter.>
    I said that the fact that a 16 years older Djokovic can still beat Alcaraz shows us that the six year age difference between Federer and Djokovic that you bleat on about constantly isn't that material.> > So I wondered saying "Why don't you say the same
    when Djokovic > > beats all the other younger players? > > Simply because they aren't great players, correct?". > > > > I simply asked why you didn't use "all other younger players that > > get beaten by djokovic as well" as evidence that age isn't a > >
    factor the same way you did with Alcaraz. Then I answered it for > > you saying it's because they aren't great players like > > Alcaraz.> So there you go! You're admitting that Djokovic only beats chumps then? Why don't you answer my question to you: Are
    players like Nishikori, Raonic, Baghdatis, Gonzalez, etc. better players than Tsitsipas, Medvedev, Zverev in your estimation? Also, isn't the fact that Djokovic overtook two other goat players in Federer and Nadal the best evidence that he's a bit
    superior? Or do you consider Federer and Nadal average to poor players as well?> > Then I asserted what I said before when I said "Alcaraz is still > > young and will mature by age and by losses but no one said he > > won't lose to Djokovic again
    especially in three > > sets.".> But what if Djokovic continues to beat him in best of five like he did at the FO? Will you then say Alcaraz is a chump? Of course you will. You've already started that theory when Alcaraz lost to Djokovic at the FO. As I
    said, you're all about coming up with any desperate theory to keep your idol as the mythical goat despite so much evidence that shows otherwise.> > So tell me now, how does this translate to your lie saying that I > > said "Djokovic is more likely to
    lose to chump"?!> Because you've outright stated multiple times that Djokovic has been losing to chumps. I guess Federer and Nadal are chumps in your mind? Oh I forgot, their losses to Djokovic don't count because Federer, who was making slam final after
    slam final and outplaying Djokovic/Nadal at age 35+ was a cripple according to you. Get out of here with that nonsense!> > Honestly I thought you are capable of comprehending simple > > discussions, but it's either you are trolling or > > incapable.>
    Projection again? I'm not the one coming up with inane theories to keep Federer as some mythical God. All the evidence I see is telling me that he lost the race to Djokovic as Djokovic is a bit better. > See how easy that was for me to say? You'll never
    get there though. You'd rather cut off your own testicle than admit it. So weird.PeteWasLucky has simply exposed your adulation for your new hero Djoker, you're a glory fan so are just supporting another #1 player as per usual! Pete's proven that this
    new gen of players(yet again) are totally useless except perhaps Carlos and jury is still out of him cos of him collapsing at the FO. You need to get over that Djoker could only beat old an retired bad-knee Fed and old injured one-footed Nadal, that's
    why Stan or Murray always gave him a great big beating anywhere important(Wimbledon finals, Olympics, US Open final, #1)!

Good post Ice. Court1 believes when she fully abandons a state of mind to switch to another state of mind and in the process she criticizes who didn't exhibit the same bipolar moody swings, that she becomes the smartest of the pack.

Uh, no. Try again. It's about not worshipping some tennis player to the point where you can't see the truth. I refuse to be that type of fan. Federer will always be my favorite. Nobody had his shot-making skills but he played Djokovic 50 times so there
    was no room for doubt about who was slightly better.

I know it hurts you to admit it but deep down I know you have internalized it. Maybe one day years from now, you'll admit it out loud.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Mon Sep 4 14:51:07 2023
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 10:12:37 AM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:

PeteWasLucky has simply exposed your adulation for your new hero Djoker, you're a glory fan so are just supporting another #1 player as per usual! Pete's proven that this new gen of players(yet again) are totally useless except perhaps Carlos and
    jury is still out of him cos of him collapsing at the FO. You need to get over that Djoker could only beat old an retired bad-knee Fed and old injured one-footed Nadal, that's why Stan or Murray always gave him a great big beating anywhere important(
    Wimbledon finals, Olympics, US Open final, #1)!

Oh, give me a break, Gracchus! Don't become some sycophant. Surely, you know what I'm saying is the truth unlike some braindead worshipper.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 4 14:58:15 2023
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 2:51:09 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:

PeteWasLucky has simply exposed your adulation for your new hero Djoker, you're a glory fan so are just supporting another #1 player as per usual! Pete's proven that this new gen of players(yet again) are totally useless except perhaps Carlos and
    jury is still out of him cos of him collapsing at the FO. You need to get over that Djoker could only beat old an retired bad-knee Fed and old injured one-footed Nadal, that's why Stan or Murray always gave him a great big beating anywhere important(

Oh, give me a break, Gracchus! Don't become some sycophant. Surely, you know what I'm saying is the truth unlike some braindead worshipper.

You've been beating a dead horse for weeks or maybe months because for some reason you feel you have to go above and beyond...and beyond...and beyond with this "debate" in order to prove you are supposedly a level-headed tennis fan without allegiances. "
    I love Federer, but he sucks. I hate Novak, but he's a god." Yes, thank you. I think we've got it now.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Mon Sep 4 15:04:59 2023
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 5:58:17 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:

You've been beating a dead horse for weeks or maybe months because for some reason you feel you have to go above and beyond...and beyond...and beyond with this "debate" in order to prove you are supposedly a level-headed tennis fan without allegiances.
    "I love Federer, but he sucks. I hate Novak, but he's a god." Yes, thank you. I think we've got it now.

It's only a dead horse for you because the player you prefer is on the losing end and somehow you can't bring yourself to fully admit that. Djokovic is still playing which means there are more records for him to go for and more ways for him to improve
    his legacy. So, nothing is dead about it. If he were retired, then it would be beating a dead horse. The Djokovic-Alcaraz match-up is very much alive and I for one am curious to see how it all works out.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to olympia0000@yahoo.com on Mon Sep 4 18:08:32 2023
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 1:58:38PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:> The Iceberg <iceber...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r > > On Monday, 4 September 2023 at 05:30:22 UTC+1, Court_1 wrote:> On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 11:23:27 PM UTC-4,
    PeteWasLucky wrote: > > Court_1 Wrote in message:r> > You used Djokovic's win against Alcaraz as evidence that age > > doesn't matter.> I said that the fact that a 16 years older Djokovic can still beat Alcaraz shows us that the six year age difference
    between Federer and Djokovic that you bleat on about constantly isn't that material.> > So I wondered saying "Why don't you say the same when Djokovic > > beats all the other younger players? > > Simply because they aren't great players, correct?". > > >
    I simply asked why you didn't use "all other younger players that > > get beaten by djokovic as well" as evidence that age isn't a > > factor the same way you did with Alcaraz. Then I answered it for > > you saying it's because they aren't great
    players like > > Alcaraz.> So there you go! You're admitting that Djokovic only beats chumps then? Why don't you answer my question to you: Are players like Nishikori, Raonic, Baghdatis, Gonzalez, etc. better players than Tsitsipas, Medvedev, Zverev in
    your estimation? Also, isn't the fact that Djokovic overtook two other goat players in Federer and Nadal the best evidence that he's a bit superior? Or do you consider Federer and Nadal average to poor players as well?> > Then I asserted what I said
    before when I said "Alcaraz is still > > young and will mature by age and by losses but no one said he > > won't lose to Djokovic again especially in three > > sets.".> But what if Djokovic continues to beat him in best of five like he did at the FO?
    Will you then say Alcaraz is a chump? Of course you will. You've already started that theory when Alcaraz lost to Djokovic at the FO. As I said, you're all about coming up with any desperate theory to keep your idol as the mythical goat despite so much
    evidence that shows otherwise.> > So tell me now, how does this translate to your lie saying that I > > said "Djokovic is more likely to lose to chump"?!> Because you've outright stated multiple times that Djokovic has been losing to chumps. I guess
    Federer and Nadal are chumps in your mind? Oh I forgot, their losses to Djokovic don't count because Federer, who was making slam final after slam final and outplaying Djokovic/Nadal at age 35+ was a cripple according to you. Get out of here with that
    nonsense!> > Honestly I thought you are capable of comprehending simple > > discussions, but it's either you are trolling or > > incapable.> Projection again? I'm not the one coming up with inane theories to keep Federer as some mythical God. All the
    evidence I see is telling me that he lost the race to Djokovic as Djokovic is a bit better. > See how easy that was for me to say? You'll never get there though. You'd rather cut off your own testicle than admit it. So weird.PeteWasLucky has simply
    exposed your adulation for your new hero Djoker, you're a glory fan so are just supporting another #1 player as per usual! Pete's proven that this new gen of players(yet again) are totally useless except perhaps Carlos and jury is still out of him cos of
    him collapsing at the FO. You need to get over that Djoker could only beat old an retired bad-knee Fed and old injured one-footed Nadal, that's why Stan or Murray always gave him a great big beating anywhere important(Wimbledon finals, Olympics, US Open
    final, #1)! > > Good post Ice. Court1 believes when she fully abandons a state of mind to switch to another state of mind and in the process she criticizes who didn't exhibit the same bipolar moody swings, that she becomes the smartest of the pack.Uh, no.
    Try again. It's about not worshipping some tennis player to the point where you can't see the truth. I refuse to be that type of fan. Federer will always be my favorite. Nobody had his shot-making skills but he played Djokovic 50 times so there was no
    room for doubt about who was slightly better.I know it hurts you to admit it but deep down I know you have internalized it. Maybe one day years from now, you'll admit it out loud.

Does calling me Federer's worshipper make you feel great and victorious?
    Try to address the points in the discussion instead of opting to call me Fed worshipper, Bangali, etc. Every time you do this you are proving you are incapable of staying on topic and having normal discussion.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 4 15:19:04 2023
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 3:05:01 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 5:58:17 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:

PeteWasLucky has simply exposed your adulation for your new hero Djoker, you're a glory fan so are just supporting another #1 player as per usual! Pete's proven that this new gen of players(yet again) are totally useless except perhaps Carlos
    and jury is still out of him cos of him collapsing at the FO. You need to get over that Djoker could only beat old an retired bad-knee Fed and old injured one-footed Nadal, that's why Stan or Murray always gave him a great big beating anywhere important(

You've been beating a dead horse for weeks or maybe months because for some reason you feel you have to go above and beyond...and beyond...and beyond with this "debate" in order to prove you are supposedly a level-headed tennis fan without
    allegiances. "I love Federer, but he sucks. I hate Novak, but he's a god." Yes, thank you. I think we've got it now.

It's only a dead horse for you because the player you prefer is on the losing end and somehow you can't bring yourself to fully admit that.

Am I launching arguments to the contrary? I've mostly stayed out of this thing because it's a bore. All I've said is the idea that Federer kept getting better and better even from 30 to 40 is false. But you don't see me claiming he blew multiple
    championship points against Djokovic because he was hampered by age.

Djokovic is still playing which means there are more records for him to go for and more ways for him to improve his legacy. So, nothing is dead about it. If he > were retired, then it would be beating a dead horse. The Djokovic-Alcaraz match-up is
    very much alive and I for one am curious to see how it all works out.

But Federer *is* retired and Djokovic passed him in achievements. That makes this particular argument a dead horse. Djokovic-Alcaraz is a whole other pony. ;)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Tue Sep 5 21:44:36 2023
    On 5/09/2023 7:58 am, Gracchus wrote:
    On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 11:23:27 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote: >>>>>> Court_1 Wrote in message:r

You've been beating a dead horse for weeks or maybe months because for some reason you feel you have to go above and beyond...and beyond...and beyond with this "debate" in order to prove you are supposedly a level-headed tennis fan without allegiances.
    "I love Federer, but he sucks. I hate Novak, but he's a god." Yes, thank you. I think we've got it now.

Well Roger did suck, relatively speaking, v Nadal/Novak. A true bona
    fide goat would have beaten them both a lot more than he did. He's
    still amongst the greats forever, but nobody really sees him as 'the'
    greatest and best ever.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to Whisper on Tue Sep 5 07:17:06 2023
    On Tuesday, September 5, 2023 at 4:44:59 AM UTC-7, Whisper wrote:
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 5:53:23 AM UTC-7, The Iceberg wrote: >>>> On Monday, 4 September 2023 at 05:30:22 UTC+1, Court_1 wrote:

You've been beating a dead horse for weeks or maybe months because for some reason you feel you have to go above and beyond...and beyond...and beyond with this "debate" in order to prove you are supposedly a level-headed tennis fan without
    allegiances. "I love Federer, but he sucks. I hate Novak, but he's a god." Yes, thank you. I think we've got it now.

still amongst the greats forever, but nobody really sees him as 'the' greatest and best ever.

Do you still not understand that Roger wasn't motivated anymore after 2009? He got bored from too much success, fame, money, and love. Yet he still tacked on more slams even when he wasn't trying and reached a whopping 20. Damned amazing when you think
    about it. :)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Tue Sep 5 17:12:24 2023
    Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Tuesday, September 5, 2023 at 4:44:59 AM UTC-7, Whisper wrote:> On 5/09/2023 7:58 am, Gracchus wrote: > > On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 2:51:09 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote: > >> On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 10:12:37 AM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote: >
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 5:53:23 AM UTC-7, The Iceberg wrote: > >>>> On Monday, 4 September 2023 at 05:30:22 UTC+1, Court_1 wrote: > >>>>> On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 11:23:27 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote: > >>>>>> Court_1 Wrote in
    message:r > >>>>> Projection again? I'm not the one coming up with inane theories to keep Federer as some mythical God. All the evidence I see is telling me that he lost the race to Djokovic as Djokovic is a bit better. > >>> > >>>>> See how easy that
    was for me to say? You'll never get there though. You'd rather cut off your own testicle than admit it. So weird. > >>> > >>>> PeteWasLucky has simply exposed your adulation for your new hero Djoker, you're a glory fan so are just supporting another #1
    player as per usual! Pete's proven that this new gen of players(yet again) are totally useless except perhaps Carlos and jury is still out of him cos of him collapsing at the FO. You need to get over that Djoker could only beat old an retired bad-knee
    Fed and old injured one-footed Nadal, that's why Stan or Murray always gave him a great big beating anywhere important(Wimbledon finals, Olympics, US Open final, #1)! > > > >>> Good post, Ice! :)) > > > >> Oh, give me a break, Gracchus! Don't become some
    sycophant. Surely, you know what I'm saying is the truth unlike some braindead worshipper. > > > > You've been beating a dead horse for weeks or maybe months because for some reason you feel you have to go above and beyond...and beyond...and beyond with
    this "debate" in order to prove you are supposedly a level-headed tennis fan without allegiances. "I love Federer, but he sucks. I hate Novak, but he's a god." Yes, thank you. I think we've got it now.> Well Roger did suck, relatively speaking, v Nadal/
    Novak. A true bona > fide goat would have beaten them both a lot more than he did. He's > still amongst the greats forever, but nobody really sees him as 'the' > greatest and best ever.Do you still not understand that Roger wasn't motivated anymore after
    2009? He got bored from too much success, fame, money, and love. Yet he still tacked on more slams even when he wasn't trying and reached a whopping 20. Damned amazing when you think about it. :)

Yeah it is.

Too bad he lost motivation and got surpassed.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Tue Sep 5 18:41:57 2023
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 6:19:06 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 3:05:01 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:

It's only a dead horse for you because the player you prefer is on the losing end and somehow you can't bring yourself to fully admit that.
    Am I launching arguments to the contrary? I've mostly stayed out of this thing because it's a bore. All I've said is the idea that Federer kept getting better and better even from 30 to 40 is false. But you don't see me claiming he blew multiple
    championship points against Djokovic because he was hampered by age.

I don't think I've ever said Federer got better and better in all aspects from age 30-40? Obviously, he had to evolve and compensate for his decline in certain areas. He was able to do that well into his late 30s as he continued to win slams, make slam
    finals, outplay Djokovic in many matches, etc. So the idea that he was too old to be competitive is not only false, it's absurd.

Djokovic is still playing which means there are more records for him to go for and more ways for him to improve his legacy. So, nothing is dead about it. If he > were retired, then it would be beating a dead horse. The Djokovic-Alcaraz match-up is
    very much alive and I for one am curious to see how it all works out.

But Federer *is* retired and Djokovic passed him in achievements. That makes this particular argument a dead horse.

Yes, unfortunately that's the way the cookie crumbled. As I've said before, I'm sure Federer with all of his accomplishments and money, is dealing with life a lot better than some of his zany worshippers who can't deal with facts.

Djokovic-Alcaraz is a whole other pony. ;)

Yes, that's the most interesting thing is tennis now. Can Djokovic continue to hold off the 16 years younger Alcaraz? If we follow PWL's logic about how a six years older Federer was too infirm to swing a racket post age 28 then surely the 16 years older
    Djokovic will find it impossible to hold off Alcaraz, right? How on earth does the enfeebled 36 year old Djokovic make it on to court without the aid of a walker? ;)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Tue Sep 5 18:29:49 2023
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 6:08:36 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    Court_1 <olymp...@yahoo.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 1:58:38 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:> The Iceberg <iceber...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r > > On Monday, 4 September 2023 at 05:30:22 UTC+1, Court_1 wrote:> On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 11:23:27 PM UTC-4,
    PeteWasLucky wrote: > > Court_1 Wrote in message:r> > You used Djokovic's win against Alcaraz as evidence that age > > doesn't matter.> I said that the fact that a 16 years older Djokovic can still beat Alcaraz shows us that the six year age difference
    between Federer and Djokovic that you bleat on about constantly isn't that material.> > So I wondered saying "Why don't you say the same when Djokovic > > beats all the other younger players? > > Simply because they aren't great players, correct?". > > >
    I simply asked why you didn't use "all other younger players that > > get beaten by djokovic as well" as evidence that age isn't a > > factor the same way you did with Alcaraz. Then I answered it for > > you saying it's because they aren't great
    players like > > Alcaraz.> So there you go! You're admitting that Djokovic only beats chumps then? Why don't you answer my question to you: Are players like Nishikori, Raonic, Baghdatis, Gonzalez, etc. better players than Tsitsipas, Medvedev, Zverev in
    your estimation? Also, isn't the fact that Djokovic overtook two other goat players in Federer and Nadal the best evidence that he's a bit superior? Or do you consider Federer and Nadal average to poor players as well?> > Then I asserted what I said
    before when I said "Alcaraz is still > > young and will mature by age and by losses but no one said he > > won't lose to Djokovic again especially in three > > sets.".> But what if Djokovic continues to beat him in best of five like he did at the FO?
    Will you then say Alcaraz is a chump? Of course you will. You've already started that theory when Alcaraz lost to Djokovic at the FO. As I said, you're all about coming up with any desperate theory to keep your idol as the mythical goat despite so much
    evidence that shows otherwise.> > So tell me now, how does this translate to your lie saying that I > > said "Djokovic is more likely to lose to chump"?!> Because you've outright stated multiple times that Djokovic has been losing to chumps. I guess
    Federer and Nadal are chumps in your mind? Oh I forgot, their losses to Djokovic don't count because Federer, who was making slam final after slam final and outplaying Djokovic/Nadal at age 35+ was a cripple according to you. Get out of here with that
    nonsense!> > Honestly I thought you are capable of comprehending simple > > discussions, but it's either you are trolling or > > incapable.> Projection again? I'm not the one coming up with inane theories to keep Federer as some mythical God. All the
    evidence I see is telling me that he lost the race to Djokovic as Djokovic is a bit better. > See how easy that was for me to say? You'll never get there though. You'd rather cut off your own testicle than admit it. So weird.PeteWasLucky has simply
    exposed your adulation for your new hero Djoker, you're a glory fan so are just supporting another #1 player as per usual! Pete's proven that this new gen of players(yet again) are totally useless except perhaps Carlos and jury is still out of him cos of
    him collapsing at the FO. You need to get over that Djoker could only beat old an retired bad-knee Fed and old injured one-footed Nadal, that's why Stan or Murray always gave him a great big beating anywhere important(Wimbledon finals, Olympics, US Open
    final, #1)! > > Good post Ice. Court1 believes when she fully abandons a state of mind to switch to another state of mind and in the process she criticizes who didn't exhibit the same bipolar moody swings, that she becomes the smartest of the pack.Uh, no.
    Try again. It's about not worshipping some tennis player to the point where you can't see the truth. I refuse to be that type of fan. Federer will always be my favorite. Nobody had his shot-making skills but he played Djokovic 50 times so there was no
    room for doubt about who was slightly better.I know it hurts you to admit it but deep down I know you have internalized it. Maybe one day years from now, you'll admit it out loud.

Does calling me Federer's worshipper make you feel great and victorious?
    Try to address the points in the discussion instead of opting to call me Fed worshipper, Bangali, etc. Every time you do this you are proving you are incapable of staying on topic and having normal discussion.

You're always projecting. It's actually you who can't stay on topic and when you don't like what another poster is saying, i.e. that Djokovic has surpassed Federer, you come up with another wacky hypothesis to try and counter that.

I mean, didn't you say you couldn't even watch the Wimbledon final because you didn't have an internet connection? Yet, you certainly had an internet connection when you were posting on RST at the same time the final was on. You didn't watch it because
    you feared Djokovic would win and tie Federer for number of Wimbledon titles. You're full of contradictions/lies.

Also, you tell me that I insult you and call you a Federer worshipper(which by the way you are to the extreme) and then what do you do? You insult me by telling me I can't stay on topic, etc.

It's not such a tragedy that your favorite player, one of the greatest of all time, isn't the most decorated/accomplished any longer. There are more important things to worry about. Stop trying to alter reality and just accept the records and statistics.
    You can still watch Federer clips on YouTube and dream about him all day long if that's what floats your boat.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Whisper on Tue Sep 5 18:54:06 2023
    On Tuesday, September 5, 2023 at 7:44:59 AM UTC-4, Whisper wrote:
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 5:53:23 AM UTC-7, The Iceberg wrote: >>>> On Monday, 4 September 2023 at 05:30:22 UTC+1, Court_1 wrote:

still amongst the greats forever, but nobody really sees him as 'the' greatest and best ever.

Well, as you can see from this newsgroup and from the psychotic fans everywhere on social media, there are plenty of Federer devotees who do see him as the greatest and best ever.

It's ok to see him as the greatest shotmaker and most aesthetically pleasing player, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. But the problem lies when goalposts have to be shifted, narratives changed daily in order to keep Federer(or Nadal or any
    player who isn't Djokovic) as the most accomplished contrary to every objective stat. That's when you know you're dealing with a nut and no amount of evidence will counter those skewed points of view.

A lot of people live vicariously through their tennis idols. Its seems a wacky and unhealthy way to live IMO but whatever. Every fanbase has wackos(especially Djokovic, Federer, Nadal fanbases.)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05