• I thought I'd share although

From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 1 14:18:43 2023
    I know it's stupid :)

I started to feel plantar fasciitis in my left foot around end of May. I never stopped playing tennis and I could be on court 2-3 hours playing singles 3-4 times a week

Definitely it got worse by time and I started to take Advil before playing and during play.

Pain killer is okay for 30 minutes maximum on court but after that I am playing very constrained.

Also, I started to have nerve pain in my waist that I believe it has to do with the way I am favoring one side of my body to carry my weight.

I know I need a long break but I don't want to waste a week before the freaking winter comes here.

Have any of you experience something like this before? Any shortcuts to get this to heal quickly without stopping playing? :)

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From bmoore@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Fri Sep 1 11:54:36 2023
    On Friday, September 1, 2023 at 11:18:48 AM UTC-7, PeteWasLucky wrote:

I started to feel plantar fasciitis in my left foot around end of May. I never stopped playing tennis and I could be on court 2-3 hours playing singles 3-4 times a week

Definitely it got worse by time and I started to take Advil before playing and during play.

Pain killer is okay for 30 minutes maximum on court but after that I am playing very constrained.

Also, I started to have nerve pain in my waist that I believe it has to do with the way I am favoring one side of my body to carry my weight.

I know I need a long break but I don't want to waste a week before the freaking winter comes here.

Have any of you experience something like this before? Any shortcuts to get this to heal quickly without stopping playing? :)

It's not stupid, it's your health.

Maybe switch between ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) and acetaminophen (Tylenol, etc.). This is what doctors say these days.

But check with a doctor, please.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Fri Sep 1 11:58:28 2023
    On 9/1/23 11:18 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:

I sincerely wish you luck with this, Pete.

--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. But give a man a boat,
    a case of beer, and a few sticks of dynamite..." -- Sawfish

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bmoore@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Fri Sep 1 12:09:59 2023
    On Friday, September 1, 2023 at 11:58:31 AM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote:

The thing about aspirin-like drugs is that you can't just shove 'em in like you can do with antibiotics. They kill pain but only for a while. So you can't rely on Advil because it it will stop working if you gobble it down.

My first suggestion is to see your doctor.

Saw, old man, you agree?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to bmoore on Fri Sep 1 12:26:16 2023
    On 9/1/23 12:09 PM, bmoore wrote:

The thing about aspirin-like drugs is that you can't just shove 'em in like you can do with antibiotics. They kill pain but only for a while. So you can't rely on Advil because it it will stop working if you gobble it down.

Saw, old man, you agree?

Yes.

Best of luck with this, Pete!

--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandpa, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."

--Sawfish ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to bmoore on Fri Sep 1 15:43:13 2023
    bmoore <bmoore@nyx.net> Wrote in message:r
    On Friday, September 1, 2023 at 11:58:31AM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote:> On 9/1/23 11:18 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > I know it's stupid :) > > > > I started to feel plantar fasciitis in my left foot around end of May. I never stopped playing tennis and I
    could be on court 2-3 hours playing singles 3-4 times a week > > > > Definitely it got worse by time and I started to take Advil before playing and during play. > > > > Pain killer is okay for 30 minutes maximum on court but after that I am playing very
    constrained. > > > > Also, I started to have nerve pain in my waist that I believe it has to do with the way I am favoring one side of my body to carry my weight. > > > > I know I need a long break but I don't want to waste a week before the freaking
    winter comes here. > > > > Have any of you experience something like this before? Any shortcuts to get this to heal quickly without stopping playing? :) > > > > > >> I sincerely wish you luck with this, Pete. The thing about aspirin-like drugs is that
    you can't just shove 'em in like you can do with antibiotics. They kill pain but only for a while. So you can't rely on Advil because it it will stop working if you gobble it down.My first suggestion is to see your doctor. Saw, old man, you agree?

I am very careful with meds.
    I only take advil before playing, take two 200mg at the start of the play and may take a third after I am done, most probably won't take it.
    I don't take any when I don't play.

I was just wondering if any one had magical ways to deal with it.

I wear a plantar fasciitis splint at night, it helps reduce the pain when I wake up.
    --

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Scall5@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Fri Sep 1 17:28:54 2023
    On 9/1/2023 1:18 PM, PeteWasLucky wrote:

My feet used to bother me after playing tennis until I started noticing
    that some pro's take off their shoes and socks before leaving the court.
    They put on flip-flops or sandals. I started doing that and I noticed
    that it allowed my feet to recover much faster (cooling them and
    stretching them out I assume). Might want to try that.
    --
    ---------------
    Scall5

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to bmoore on Fri Sep 1 16:55:29 2023
    On Friday, 1 September 2023 at 20:10:01 UTC+1, bmoore wrote:

Saw, old man, you agree?

you'd be mad to go to see a doctor for something like this, he'd prob only try to sell you the strongest drugs he possibly could!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 1 17:02:51 2023
    On Friday, 1 September 2023 at 23:28:56 UTC+1, Scall5 wrote:

Great tip, PWL also try walking around the house bare footed as much as possible to strengthen your arches and toughen up your foot base.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Fri Sep 1 17:01:33 2023
    On Friday, 1 September 2023 at 20:43:16 UTC+1, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    bmoore <bmo...@nyx.net> Wrote in message:r
    On Friday, September 1, 2023 at 11:58:31 AM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote:> On 9/1/23 11:18 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > I know it's stupid :) > > > > I started to feel plantar fasciitis in my left foot around end of May. I never stopped playing tennis and I
    could be on court 2-3 hours playing singles 3-4 times a week > > > > Definitely it got worse by time and I started to take Advil before playing and during play. > > > > Pain killer is okay for 30 minutes maximum on court but after that I am playing very
    constrained. > > > > Also, I started to have nerve pain in my waist that I believe it has to do with the way I am favoring one side of my body to carry my weight. > > > > I know I need a long break but I don't want to waste a week before the freaking
    winter comes here. > > > > Have any of you experience something like this before? Any shortcuts to get this to heal quickly without stopping playing? :) > > > > > >> I sincerely wish you luck with this, Pete. The thing about aspirin-like drugs is that
    you can't just shove 'em in like you can do with antibiotics. They kill pain but only for a while. So you can't rely on Advil because it it will stop working if you gobble it down.My first suggestion is to see your doctor. Saw, old man, you agree?

I only take advil before playing, take two 200mg at the start of the play and may take a third after I am done, most probably won't take it.

I wear a plantar fasciitis splint at night, it helps reduce the pain when I wake up.

my advice would be to ditch the Advil and use (as bmoore rightly suggests) ibuprofen and take 2 days rest - yes that may suck, but you'll prob be way way better after that for a good week or two. As bmoore says Advil is just a pain killer and won't help
    with your overuse injury, whereas the ibu's reduce imflammation which is what your fake plantar fascitis is all about - call it fake plantar fascitis cos absolutely everyone is now diagnosed with "plantar fascitis" if they have any foot complaint
    whatsoever these days. 10 years ago physios only told people they had plantar fascitis if it was majorly serious, although even then it was mostly cos they didn't know what was wrong.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Fri Sep 1 17:31:46 2023
    On 9/1/23 4:55 PM, The Iceberg wrote:
    On Friday, 1 September 2023 at 20:10:01 UTC+1, bmoore wrote:

Saw, old man, you agree?
    you'd be mad to go to see a doctor for something like this, he'd prob only try to sell you the strongest drugs he possibly could!

Should always try to see a doctor you know personally, and with whom
    you've socialized.

For exactly the same reasons you say, Ice: over-medication.

--
    --Sawfish ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "If there's one thing I can't stand, it's intolerance." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Fri Sep 1 20:33:00 2023
    The Iceberg <iceberg.rules@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Friday, 1 September 2023 at 20:43:16 UTC+1, PeteWasLucky wrote:> bmoore <bmo...@nyx.net> Wrote in message:r > > On Friday, September 1, 2023 at 11:58:31 AM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote:> On 9/1/23 11:18 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > I know it's stupid :) > > >
    I started to feel plantar fasciitis in my left foot around end of May. I never stopped playing tennis and I could be on court 2-3 hours playing singles 3-4 times a week > > > > Definitely it got worse by time and I started to take Advil before playing
    and during play. > > > > Pain killer is okay for 30 minutes maximum on court but after that I am playing very constrained. > > > > Also, I started to have nerve pain in my waist that I believe it has to do with the way I am favoring one side of my body
    to carry my weight. > > > > I know I need a long break but I don't want to waste a week before the freaking winter comes here. > > > > Have any of you experience something like this before? Any shortcuts to get this to heal quickly without stopping
    playing? :) > > > > > >> I sincerely wish you luck with this, Pete. The thing about aspirin-like drugs is that you can't just shove 'em in like you can do with antibiotics. They kill pain but only for a while. So you can't rely on Advil because it it
    will stop working if you gobble it down.My first suggestion is to see your doctor. Saw, old man, you agree? > > I am very careful with meds. > I only take advil before playing, take two 200mg at the start of the play and may take a third after I am done,
    most probably won't take it. > I don't take any when I don't play. > > I was just wondering if any one had magical ways to deal with it. > > I wear a plantar fasciitis splint at night, it helps reduce the pain when I wake up.my advice would be to ditch
    the Advil and use (as bmoore rightly suggests) ibuprofen and take 2 days rest - yes that may suck, but you'll prob be way way better after that for a good week or two. As bmoore says Advil is just a pain killer and won't help with your overuse injury,
    whereas the ibu's reduce imflammation which is what your fake plantar fascitis is all about - call it fake plantar fascitis
    cos absolutely everyone is now diagnosed with "plantar fascitis" if they have any foot complaint whatsoever these days. 10 years ago physios only told people they had plantar fascitis if it was majorly serious, although even then it was mostly cos they
    didn't know what was wrong.

Ice, Advil is ibuprofen.
    I know it's plantar fascitis. I have had it before and it has very clear symptoms.
    Two days of rest won't cut it, it needs weeks or months to heal.
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 1 17:34:31 2023
    T24gOS8xLzIzIDU6MDEgUE0sIFRoZSBJY2ViZXJnIHdyb3RlOg0KPiBPbiBGcmlkYXksIDEg U2VwdGVtYmVyIDIwMjMgYXQgMjA6NDM6MTYgVVRDKzEsIFBldGVXYXNMdWNreSB3cm90ZToN Cj4+IGJtb29yZSA8Ym1vLi4uQG55eC5uZXQ+IFdyb3RlIGluIG1lc3NhZ2U6cg0KPj4+IE9u IEZyaWRheSwgU2VwdGVtYmVyIDEsIDIwMjMgYXQgMTE6NTg6MzEgQU0gVVRDLTcsIFNhd2Zp c2ggd3JvdGU6PiBPbiA5LzEvMjMgMTE6MTggQU0sIFBldGVXYXNMdWNreSB3cm90ZTogPiA+ IEkga25vdyBpdCdzIHN0dXBpZCA6KSA+ID4gPiA+IEkgc3RhcnRlZCB0byBmZWVsIHBsYW50 YXIgZmFzY2lpdGlzIGluIG15IGxlZnQgZm9vdCBhcm91bmQgZW5kIG9mIE1heS4gSSBuZXZl ciBzdG9wcGVkIHBsYXlpbmcgdGVubmlzIGFuZCBJIGNvdWxkIGJlIG9uIGNvdXJ0IDItMyBo b3VycyBwbGF5aW5nIHNpbmdsZXMgMy00IHRpbWVzIGEgd2VlayA+ID4gPiA+IERlZmluaXRl bHkgaXQgZ290IHdvcnNlIGJ5IHRpbWUgYW5kIEkgc3RhcnRlZCB0byB0YWtlIEFkdmlsIGJl Zm9yZSBwbGF5aW5nIGFuZCBkdXJpbmcgcGxheS4gPiA+ID4gPiBQYWluIGtpbGxlciBpcyBv a2F5IGZvciAzMCBtaW51dGVzIG1heGltdW0gb24gY291cnQgYnV0IGFmdGVyIHRoYXQgSSBh bSBwbGF5aW5nIHZlcnkgY29uc3RyYWluZWQuID4gPiA+ID4gQWxzbywgSSBzdGFydGVkIHRv IGhhdmUgbmVydmUgcGFpbiBpbiBteSB3YWlzdCB0aGF0IEkgYmVsaWV2ZSBpdCBoYXMgdG8g ZG8gd2l0aCB0aGUgd2F5IEkgYW0gZmF2b3Jpbmcgb25lIHNpZGUgb2YgbXkgYm9keSB0byBj YXJyeSBteSB3ZWlnaHQuID4gPiA+ID4gSSBrbm93IEkgbmVlZCBhIGxvbmcgYnJlYWsgYnV0 IEkgZG9uJ3Qgd2FudCB0byB3YXN0ZSBhIHdlZWsgYmVmb3JlIHRoZSBmcmVha2luZyB3aW50 ZXIgY29tZXMgaGVyZS4gPiA+ID4gPiBIYXZlIGFueSBvZiB5b3UgZXhwZXJpZW5jZSBzb21l dGhpbmcgbGlrZSB0aGlzIGJlZm9yZT8gQW55IHNob3J0Y3V0cyB0byBnZXQgdGhpcyB0byBo ZWFsIHF1aWNrbHkgd2l0aG91dCBzdG9wcGluZyBwbGF5aW5nPyA6KSA+ID4gPiA+ID4gPj4g SSBzaW5jZXJlbHkgd2lzaCB5b3UgbHVjayB3aXRoIHRoaXMsIFBldGUuIFRoZSB0aGluZyBh Ym91dCBhc3BpcmluLWxpa2UgZHJ1Z3MgaXMgdGhhdCB5b3UgY2FuJ3QganVzdCBzaG92ZSAn ZW0gaW4gbGlrZSB5b3UgY2FuIGRvIHdpdGggYW50aWJpb3RpY3MuIFRoZXkga2lsbCBwYWlu IGJ1dCBvbmx5IGZvciBhIHdoaWxlLiBTbyB5b3UgY2FuJ3QgcmVseSBvbiBBZHZpbCBiZWNh dXNlIGl0IGl0IHdpbGwgc3RvcCB3b3JraW5nIGlmIHlvdSBnb2JibGUgaXQgZG93bi5NeSBm aXJzdCBzdWdnZXN0aW9uIGlzIHRvIHNlZSB5b3VyIGRvY3Rvci4gU2F3LCBvbGQgbWFuLCB5 b3UgYWdyZWU/DQo+PiBJIGFtIHZlcnkgY2FyZWZ1bCB3aXRoIG1lZHMuDQo+PiBJIG9ubHkg dGFrZSBhZHZpbCBiZWZvcmUgcGxheWluZywgdGFrZSB0d28gMjAwbWcgYXQgdGhlIHN0YXJ0 IG9mIHRoZSBwbGF5IGFuZCBtYXkgdGFrZSBhIHRoaXJkIGFmdGVyIEkgYW0gZG9uZSwgbW9z dCBwcm9iYWJseSB3b24ndCB0YWtlIGl0Lg0KPj4gSSBkb24ndCB0YWtlIGFueSB3aGVuIEkg ZG9uJ3QgcGxheS4NCj4+DQo+PiBJIHdhcyBqdXN0IHdvbmRlcmluZyBpZiBhbnkgb25lIGhh ZCBtYWdpY2FsIHdheXMgdG8gZGVhbCB3aXRoIGl0Lg0KPj4NCj4+IEkgd2VhciBhIHBsYW50 YXIgZmFzY2lpdGlzIHNwbGludCBhdCBuaWdodCwgaXQgaGVscHMgcmVkdWNlIHRoZSBwYWlu IHdoZW4gSSB3YWtlIHVwLg0KPiBteSBhZHZpY2Ugd291bGQgYmUgdG8gZGl0Y2ggdGhlIEFk dmlsIGFuZCB1c2UgKGFzIGJtb29yZSByaWdodGx5IHN1Z2dlc3RzKSBpYnVwcm9mZW4gYW5k IHRha2UgMiBkYXlzIHJlc3QgLSB5ZXMgdGhhdCBtYXkgc3VjaywgYnV0IHlvdSdsbCBwcm9i IGJlIHdheSB3YXkgYmV0dGVyIGFmdGVyIHRoYXQgZm9yIGEgZ29vZCB3ZWVrIG9yIHR3by4g QXMgYm1vb3JlIHNheXMgQWR2aWwgaXMganVzdCBhIHBhaW4ga2lsbGVyIGFuZCB3b24ndCBo ZWxwIHdpdGggeW91ciBvdmVydXNlIGluanVyeSwgd2hlcmVhcyB0aGUgaWJ1J3MgcmVkdWNl IGltZmxhbW1hdGlvbiB3aGljaCBpcyB3aGF0IHlvdXIgZmFrZSBwbGFudGFyIGZhc2NpdGlz IGlzIGFsbCBhYm91dCAtIGNhbGwgaXQgZmFrZSBwbGFudGFyIGZhc2NpdGlzIGNvcyBhYnNv bHV0ZWx5IGV2ZXJ5b25lIGlzIG5vdyBkaWFnbm9zZWQgd2l0aCAicGxhbnRhciBmYXNjaXRp cyIgaWYgdGhleSBoYXZlIGFueSBmb290IGNvbXBsYWludCB3aGF0c29ldmVyIHRoZXNlIGRh eXMuIDEwIHllYXJzIGFnbyBwaHlzaW9zIG9ubHkgdG9sZCBwZW9wbGUgdGhleSBoYWQgcGxh bnRhciBmYXNjaXRpcyBpZiBpdCB3YXMgbWFqb3JseSBzZXJpb3VzLCBhbHRob3VnaCBldmVu IHRoZW4gaXQgd2FzIG1vc3RseSBjb3MgdGhleSBkaWRuJ3Qga25vdyB3aGF0IHdhcyB3cm9u Zy4NCg0KRGl2ZXJnaW5nLCBJY2UuIFdoYXQgZG8geW91IHRoaW5rIHRoZSBjYXVzZShzKSBv ZiB0ZW5uaXMgZWxib3cgYXJlPw0KDQpQcm9iYWJseSBtdWx0aXBsZSBhY3Rpb25zIGFuZCBj b21wbGFpbnRzLCBidXQuLi4NCg0KLS0gDQotLVNhd2Zpc2gNCn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fg0KICAgICAgICAgIklmIHRoZXJlJ3Mgb25lIHRoaW5nIEkgY2FuJ3Qgc3RhbmQsIGl0 J3MgaW50b2xlcmFuY2UuIg0Kfn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+DQoNCg==

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Fri Sep 1 17:35:26 2023
    On 9/1/23 5:02 PM, The Iceberg wrote:

Great tip, PWL also try walking around the house bare footed as much as possible to strengthen your arches and toughen up your foot base.

Also, try going to massage parlors as much as possible...

;^)

--
    "To the average American or Englishman the very name of anarchy causes a shudder, because it invariably conjures up a picture of a land terrorized by low-browed assassins with matted beards, carrying bombs in one hand and mugs of beer in the other. But
    as a matter of fact, there is no reason whatever to believe that, if all laws were abolished tomorrow, such swine would survive the day."

--H. L. Mencken ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Fri Sep 1 21:12:49 2023
    Sawfish <sawfish666@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On 9/1/23 5:33 PM, PeteWasLucky wrote:> The Iceberg <iceberg.rules@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r>> On Friday, 1 September 2023 at 20:43:16 UTC+1, PeteWasLucky wrote:> bmoore <bmo...@nyx.net> Wrote in message:r > > On Friday, September 1, 2023 at 11:58:
    31 AM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote:> On 9/1/23 11:18 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > I know it's stupid :) > > > > I started to feel plantar fasciitis in my left foot around end of May. I never stopped playing tennis and I could be on court 2-3 hours playing singles
    3-4 times a week > > > > Definitely it got worse by time and I started to take Advil before playing and during play. > > > > Pain killer is okay for 30 minutes maximum on court but after that I am playing very constrained. > > > > Also, I started to have
    nerve pain in my waist that I believe it has to do with the way I am favoring one side of my body to carry my weight. > > > > I know I need a long break but I don't want to waste a week before the freaking winter comes here. > > > > Have any of you
    experience something like this before? Any shortcuts to get this to heal quickly without stopping playing? :) > > > > > >> I sincerely wish you luck with this, Pete. The thing about aspirin-like drugs is that you can't just shove 'em in like you can do
    with antibiotics. They kill pain but only for a while. So you can't rely on Advil because it it will stop working if you gobble it down.My first suggestion is to see your doctor. Saw, old man, you agree? > > I am very careful with meds. > I only take
    advil before playing, take two 200mg at the start of the play and may take a third after I am done, most probably won't take it. > I don't take any when I don't play. > > I was just wondering if any one had magical ways to deal with it. > > I wear a
    plantar fasciitis splint at night, it helps reduce the pain when I wake up.my advice would be to ditch the Advil and use (as bmoore rightly suggests) ibuprofen and take 2 days rest - yes that may suck, but you'll prob be way way better after that for a
    good week or two. As bmoore says Advil is just a pain killer and won't help with your overuse injury, whereas the ibu's reduce imflammation which is what your fake plantar fascitis is all about - call it fake plantar fascitis> cos absolutely everyone
    is now diagnosed with "plantar fascitis" if they have any foot complaint whatsoever these days. 10 years ago physios only told people they had plantar fascitis if it was majorly serious, although even then it was mostly cos they didn't know what was
    wrong.>> Ice, Advil is ibuprofen.> I know it's plantar fascitis. I have had it before and it has very clear symptoms.> Two days of rest won't cut it, it needs weeks or months to heal.To me, the only non-prescription pain med was ibuprofin of some type--
    more effective than the tylenol family. I just used the store brand, 600-1800mg per day. It can work, somewhat, but there is a threshold above which it is not good enough.Maybe you are there now.-- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~Shit <-----------------------------------------------------> Shinola "Which is which?" --Sawfish

I use 400mg when I play, this is it, and I am forced now to rest a day after I play. So I am not taking much.
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 1 17:42:32 2023
    T24gOS8xLzIzIDU6MzMgUE0sIFBldGVXYXNMdWNreSB3cm90ZToNCj4gVGhlIEljZWJlcmcg PGljZWJlcmcucnVsZXNAZ21haWwuY29tPiBXcm90ZSBpbiBtZXNzYWdlOnINCj4+IE9uIEZy aWRheSwgMSBTZXB0ZW1iZXIgMjAyMyBhdCAyMDo0MzoxNiBVVEMrMSwgUGV0ZVdhc0x1Y2t5 IHdyb3RlOj4gYm1vb3JlIDxibW8uLi5Abnl4Lm5ldD4gV3JvdGUgaW4gbWVzc2FnZTpyID4g PiBPbiBGcmlkYXksIFNlcHRlbWJlciAxLCAyMDIzIGF0IDExOjU4OjMxIEFNIFVUQy03LCBT YXdmaXNoIHdyb3RlOj4gT24gOS8xLzIzIDExOjE4IEFNLCBQZXRlV2FzTHVja3kgd3JvdGU6 ID4gPiBJIGtub3cgaXQncyBzdHVwaWQgOikgPiA+ID4gPiBJIHN0YXJ0ZWQgdG8gZmVlbCBw bGFudGFyIGZhc2NpaXRpcyBpbiBteSBsZWZ0IGZvb3QgYXJvdW5kIGVuZCBvZiBNYXkuIEkg bmV2ZXIgc3RvcHBlZCBwbGF5aW5nIHRlbm5pcyBhbmQgSSBjb3VsZCBiZSBvbiBjb3VydCAy LTMgaG91cnMgcGxheWluZyBzaW5nbGVzIDMtNCB0aW1lcyBhIHdlZWsgPiA+ID4gPiBEZWZp bml0ZWx5IGl0IGdvdCB3b3JzZSBieSB0aW1lIGFuZCBJIHN0YXJ0ZWQgdG8gdGFrZSBBZHZp bCBiZWZvcmUgcGxheWluZyBhbmQgZHVyaW5nIHBsYXkuID4gPiA+ID4gUGFpbiBraWxsZXIg aXMgb2theSBmb3IgMzAgbWludXRlcyBtYXhpbXVtIG9uIGNvdXJ0IGJ1dCBhZnRlciB0aGF0 IEkgYW0gcGxheWluZyB2ZXJ5IGNvbnN0cmFpbmVkLiA+ID4gPiA+IEFsc28sIEkgc3RhcnRl ZCB0byBoYXZlIG5lcnZlIHBhaW4gaW4gbXkgd2Fpc3QgdGhhdCBJIGJlbGlldmUgaXQgaGFz IHRvIGRvIHdpdGggdGhlIHdheSBJIGFtIGZhdm9yaW5nIG9uZSBzaWRlIG9mIG15IGJvZHkg dG8gY2FycnkgbXkgd2VpZ2h0LiA+ID4gPiA+IEkga25vdyBJIG5lZWQgYSBsb25nIGJyZWFr IGJ1dCBJIGRvbid0IHdhbnQgdG8gd2FzdGUgYSB3ZWVrIGJlZm9yZSB0aGUgZnJlYWtpbmcg d2ludGVyIGNvbWVzIGhlcmUuID4gPiA+ID4gSGF2ZSBhbnkgb2YgeW91IGV4cGVyaWVuY2Ug c29tZXRoaW5nIGxpa2UgdGhpcyBiZWZvcmU/IEFueSBzaG9ydGN1dHMgdG8gZ2V0IHRoaXMg dG8gaGVhbCBxdWlja2x5IHdpdGhvdXQgc3RvcHBpbmcgcGxheWluZz8gOikgPiA+ID4gPiA+ ID4+IEkgc2luY2VyZWx5IHdpc2ggeW91IGx1Y2sgd2l0aCB0aGlzLCBQZXRlLiBUaGUgdGhp bmcgYWJvdXQgYXNwaXJpbi1saWtlIGRydWdzIGlzIHRoYXQgeW91IGNhbid0IGp1c3Qgc2hv dmUgJ2VtIGluIGxpa2UgeW91IGNhbiBkbyB3aXRoIGFudGliaW90aWNzLiBUaGV5IGtpbGwg cGFpbiBidXQgb25seSBmb3IgYSB3aGlsZS4gU28geW91IGNhbid0IHJlbHkgb24gQWR2aWwg YmVjYXVzZSBpdCBpdCB3aWxsIHN0b3Agd29ya2luZyBpZiB5b3UgZ29iYmxlIGl0IGRvd24u TXkgZmlyc3Qgc3VnZ2VzdGlvbiBpcyB0byBzZWUgeW91ciBkb2N0b3IuIFNhdywgb2xkIG1h biwgeW91IGFncmVlPyA+ID4gSSBhbSB2ZXJ5IGNhcmVmdWwgd2l0aCBtZWRzLiA+IEkgb25s eSB0YWtlIGFkdmlsIGJlZm9yZSBwbGF5aW5nLCB0YWtlIHR3byAyMDBtZyBhdCB0aGUgc3Rh cnQgb2YgdGhlIHBsYXkgYW5kIG1heSB0YWtlIGEgdGhpcmQgYWZ0ZXIgSSBhbSBkb25lLCBt b3N0IHByb2JhYmx5IHdvbid0IHRha2UgaXQuID4gSSBkb24ndCB0YWtlIGFueSB3aGVuIEkg ZG9uJ3QgcGxheS4gPiA+IEkgd2FzIGp1c3Qgd29uZGVyaW5nIGlmIGFueSBvbmUgaGFkIG1h Z2ljYWwgd2F5cyB0byBkZWFsIHdpdGggaXQuID4gPiBJIHdlYXIgYSBwbGFudGFyIGZhc2Np aXRpcyBzcGxpbnQgYXQgbmlnaHQsIGl0IGhlbHBzIHJlZHVjZSB0aGUgcGFpbiB3aGVuIEkg d2FrZSB1cC5teSBhZHZpY2Ugd291bGQgYmUgdG8gZGl0Y2ggdGhlIEFkdmlsIGFuZCB1c2Ug KGFzIGJtb29yZSByaWdodGx5IHN1Z2dlc3RzKSBpYnVwcm9mZW4gYW5kIHRha2UgMiBkYXlz IHJlc3QgLSB5ZXMgdGhhdCBtYXkgc3VjaywgYnV0IHlvdSdsbCBwcm9iIGJlIHdheSB3YXkg YmV0dGVyIGFmdGVyIHRoYXQgZm9yIGEgZ29vZCB3ZWVrIG9yIHR3by4gQXMgYm1vb3JlIHNh eXMgQWR2aWwgaXMganVzdCBhIHBhaW4ga2lsbGVyIGFuZCB3b24ndCBoZWxwIHdpdGggeW91 ciBvdmVydXNlIGluanVyeSwgd2hlcmVhcyB0aGUgaWJ1J3MgcmVkdWNlIGltZmxhbW1hdGlv biB3aGljaCBpcyB3aGF0IHlvdXIgZmFrZSBwbGFudGFyIGZhc2NpdGlzIGlzIGFsbCBhYm91 dCAtIGNhbGwgaXQgZmFrZSBwbGFudGFyIGZhc2NpdGlzDQo+ICAgY29zIGFic29sdXRlbHkg ZXZlcnlvbmUgaXMgbm93IGRpYWdub3NlZCB3aXRoICJwbGFudGFyIGZhc2NpdGlzIiBpZiB0 aGV5IGhhdmUgYW55IGZvb3QgY29tcGxhaW50IHdoYXRzb2V2ZXIgdGhlc2UgZGF5cy4gMTAg eWVhcnMgYWdvIHBoeXNpb3Mgb25seSB0b2xkIHBlb3BsZSB0aGV5IGhhZCBwbGFudGFyIGZh c2NpdGlzIGlmIGl0IHdhcyBtYWpvcmx5IHNlcmlvdXMsIGFsdGhvdWdoIGV2ZW4gdGhlbiBp dCB3YXMgbW9zdGx5IGNvcyB0aGV5IGRpZG4ndCBrbm93IHdoYXQgd2FzIHdyb25nLg0KPg0K PiBJY2UsIEFkdmlsIGlzIGlidXByb2Zlbi4NCj4gSSBrbm93IGl0J3MgcGxhbnRhciBmYXNj aXRpcy4gSSBoYXZlIGhhZCBpdCBiZWZvcmUgYW5kIGl0IGhhcyB2ZXJ5IGNsZWFyIHN5bXB0 b21zLg0KPiBUd28gZGF5cyBvZiByZXN0IHdvbid0IGN1dCBpdCwgaXQgbmVlZHMgd2Vla3Mg b3IgbW9udGhzIHRvIGhlYWwuDQoNClRvIG1lLCB0aGUgb25seSBub24tcHJlc2NyaXB0aW9u IHBhaW4gbWVkIHdhcyBpYnVwcm9maW4gb2Ygc29tZSANCnR5cGUtLW1vcmUgZWZmZWN0aXZl IHRoYW4gdGhlIHR5bGVub2wgZmFtaWx5LiBJIGp1c3QgdXNlZCB0aGUgc3RvcmUgDQpicmFu ZCwgNjAwLTE4MDBtZyBwZXIgZGF5LiBJdCBjYW4gd29yaywgc29tZXdoYXQsIGJ1dCB0aGVy ZSBpcyBhIA0KdGhyZXNob2xkIGFib3ZlIHdoaWNoIGl0IGlzIG5vdCBnb29kIGVub3VnaC4N Cg0KTWF5YmUgeW91IGFyZSB0aGVyZSBub3cuDQoNCi0tIA0Kfn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn4NClNo aXQgPC0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0t LS0tPiBTaGlub2xhDQogICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICJXaGljaCBpcyB3aGljaD8iIC0t U2F3ZmlzaA0KDQo=

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Sat Sep 2 19:48:38 2023
    On 2/09/2023 4:18 am, PeteWasLucky wrote:

My wife has had plantar fasciitis for maybe close to a year. We've
    tried everything but nothing really works, just need to give it time.
    She says it's just starting to get a little better now. She never took
    it easy though, goes to gym 3-4 times a week and does plenty of
    gardening at home.

I can't give any advice, except tell you we really tried everything -
    even tens machine, which gave her temporary pain relief. I think you
    just have to expect it to be painful for up to 2 years. Hope I never get
    it, had tennis elbow twice that was bad enough.

As far as taking pain killers yes I have some knee pains now and again
    and taking a few ibrufen pills before playing masks all the pain : )

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to bmoore on Sat Sep 2 19:52:06 2023
    On 2/09/2023 5:09 am, bmoore wrote:

Saw, old man, you agree?

Waste of time imo, just need time to get better.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Sat Sep 2 19:50:30 2023
    On 2/09/2023 4:58 am, Sawfish wrote:

I started to feel plantar fasciitis in my left foot around end of May.
    I never stopped playing tennis and I could be on court 2-3 hours
    playing singles 3-4 times a week

Definitely it got worse by time and I started to take Advil before
    playing and during play.

Pain killer is okay for 30 minutes maximum on court but after that I
    am playing very constrained.

Also, I started to have nerve pain in my waist that I believe it has
    to do with the way I am favoring one side of my body to carry my weight.

I know I need a long break but I don't want to waste a week before the
    freaking winter comes here.

Have any of you experience something like this before? Any shortcuts
    to get this to heal quickly without stopping playing? :)

He'll need it. I've watched my wife go though agonizing pain, but
    eventually you get better - a slow process.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Pelle_Svansl=c3=b6s?=@21:1/5 to Whisper on Sat Sep 2 13:01:35 2023
    On 2.9.2023 12.52, Whisper wrote:

I started to feel plantar fasciitis in my left foot around end of
    May. I never stopped playing tennis and I could be on court 2-3
    hours playing singles 3-4 times a week

playing and during play.

to do with the way I am favoring one side of my body to carry my
    weight.

I know I need a long break but I don't want to waste a week before
    the freaking winter comes here.

The thing about aspirin-like drugs is that you can't just shove 'em in
    like you can do with antibiotics. They kill pain but only for a while.
    So you can't rely on Advil because it it will stop working if you
    gobble it down.

Saw, old man, you agree?

Morphine cures them all.

--
    "And off they went, from here to there,
    The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair"
    -- Traditional

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From TT@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 2 14:11:03 2023
    UGV0ZVdhc0x1Y2t5IGtpcmpvaXR0aSAxLjkuMjAyMyBrbG8gMjIuNDM6DQo+IGJtb29yZSA8 Ym1vb3JlQG55eC5uZXQ+IFdyb3RlIGluIG1lc3NhZ2U6cg0KPj4gT24gRnJpZGF5LCBTZXB0 ZW1iZXIgMSwgMjAyMyBhdCAxMTo1ODozMRpBTSBVVEMtNywgU2F3ZmlzaCB3cm90ZTo+IE9u IDkvMS8yMyAxMToxOCBBTSwgUGV0ZVdhc0x1Y2t5IHdyb3RlOiA+ID4gSSBrbm93IGl0J3Mg c3R1cGlkIDopID4gPiA+ID4gSSBzdGFydGVkIHRvIGZlZWwgcGxhbnRhciBmYXNjaWl0aXMg aW4gbXkgbGVmdCBmb290IGFyb3VuZCBlbmQgb2YgTWF5LiBJIG5ldmVyIHN0b3BwZWQgcGxh eWluZyB0ZW5uaXMgYW5kIEkgY291bGQgYmUgb24gY291cnQgMi0zIGhvdXJzIHBsYXlpbmcg c2luZ2xlcyAzLTQgdGltZXMgYSB3ZWVrID4gPiA+ID4gRGVmaW5pdGVseSBpdCBnb3Qgd29y c2UgYnkgdGltZSBhbmQgSSBzdGFydGVkIHRvIHRha2UgQWR2aWwgYmVmb3JlIHBsYXlpbmcg YW5kIGR1cmluZyBwbGF5LiA+ID4gPiA+IFBhaW4ga2lsbGVyIGlzIG9rYXkgZm9yIDMwIG1p bnV0ZXMgbWF4aW11bSBvbiBjb3VydCBidXQgYWZ0ZXIgdGhhdCBJIGFtIHBsYXlpbmcgdmVy eSBjb25zdHJhaW5lZC4gPiA+ID4gPiBBbHNvLCBJIHN0YXJ0ZWQgdG8gaGF2ZSBuZXJ2ZSBw YWluIGluIG15IHdhaXN0IHRoYXQgSSBiZWxpZXZlIGl0IGhhcyB0byBkbyB3aXRoIHRoZSB3 YXkgSSBhbSBmYXZvcmluZyBvbmUgc2lkZSBvZiBteSBib2R5IHRvIGNhcnJ5IG15IHdlaWdo dC4gPiA+ID4gPiBJIGtub3cgSSBuZWVkIGEgbG9uZyBicmVhayBidXQgSSBkb24ndCB3YW50 IHRvIHdhc3RlIGEgd2VlayBiZWZvcmUgdGhlIGZyZWFraW5nIHdpbnRlciBjb21lcyBoZXJl LiA+ID4gPiA+IEhhdmUgYW55IG9mIHlvdSBleHBlcmllbmNlIHNvbWV0aGluZyBsaWtlIHRo aXMgYmVmb3JlPyBBbnkgc2hvcnRjdXRzIHRvIGdldCB0aGlzIHRvIGhlYWwgcXVpY2tseSB3 aXRob3V0IHN0b3BwaW5nIHBsYXlpbmc/IDopID4gPiA+ID4gPiA+PiBJIHNpbmNlcmVseSB3 aXNoIHlvdSBsdWNrIHdpdGggdGhpcywgUGV0ZS4gVGhlIHRoaW5nIGFib3V0IGFzcGlyaW4t bGlrZSBkcnVncyBpcyB0aGF0IHlvdSBjYW4ndCBqdXN0IHNob3ZlICdlbSBpbiBsaWtlIHlv dSBjYW4gZG8gd2l0aCBhbnRpYmlvdGljcy4gVGhleSBraWxsIHBhaW4gYnV0IG9ubHkgZm9y IGEgd2hpbGUuIFNvIHlvdSBjYW4ndCByZWx5IG9uIEFkdmlsIGJlY2F1c2UgaXQgaXQgd2ls bCBzdG9wIHdvcmtpbmcgaWYgeW91IGdvYmJsZSBpdCBkb3duLk15IGZpcnN0IHN1Z2dlc3Rp b24gaXMgdG8gc2VlIHlvdXIgZG9jdG9yLiBTYXcsIG9sZCBtYW4sIHlvdSBhZ3JlZT8NCj4g DQo+IEkgYW0gdmVyeSBjYXJlZnVsIHdpdGggbWVkcy4NCj4gSSBvbmx5IHRha2UgYWR2aWwg YmVmb3JlIHBsYXlpbmcsIHRha2UgdHdvIDIwMG1nIGF0IHRoZSBzdGFydCBvZiB0aGUgcGxh eSBhbmQgbWF5IHRha2UgYSB0aGlyZCBhZnRlciBJIGFtIGRvbmUsIG1vc3QgcHJvYmFibHkg d29uJ3QgdGFrZSBpdC4NCj4gSSBkb24ndCB0YWtlIGFueSB3aGVuIEkgZG9uJ3QgcGxheS4N Cj4gDQo+IEkgd2FzIGp1c3Qgd29uZGVyaW5nIGlmIGFueSBvbmUgaGFkIG1hZ2ljYWwgd2F5 cyB0byBkZWFsIHdpdGggaXQuDQo+IA0KPiBJIHdlYXIgYSBwbGFudGFyIGZhc2NpaXRpcyBz cGxpbnQgYXQgbmlnaHQsIGl0IGhlbHBzIHJlZHVjZSB0aGUgcGFpbiB3aGVuIEkgd2FrZSB1 cC4NCg0KVGhpcyBzb3VuZHMgYSBiaXQgY3JhenkuIFNvbWV0aGluZyBOYWRhbCB3b3VsZCBk by4NCkknZCBkZWZpbml0ZWx5IHN0b3AgcGxheWluZyBhbmQgcmVzdCB0aGUgZm9vdC4NCg==

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to Whisper on Sat Sep 2 10:29:48 2023
    Whisper <whisper@ozemail.com.au> Wrote in message:r
    On 2/09/2023 4:58 am, Sawfish wrote:> On 9/1/23 11:18 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:>> I know it's stupid :)>>>> I started to feel plantar fasciitis in my left foot around end of May. >> I never stopped playing tennis and I could be on court 2-3 hours >>
    playing singles 3-4 times a week>>>> Definitely it got worse by time and I started to take Advil before >> playing and during play.>>>> Pain killer is okay for 30 minutes maximum on court but after that I >> am playing very constrained.>>>> Also, I
    started to have nerve pain in my waist that I believe it has >> to do with the way I am favoring one side of my body to carry my weight.>>>> I know I need a long break but I don't want to waste a week before the >> freaking winter comes here.>>>> Have
    any of you experience something like this before? Any shortcuts >> to get this to heal quickly without stopping playing? :)>>>>>>> I sincerely wish you luck with this, Pete.> He'll need it. I've watched my wife go though agonizing pain, but eventually
    you get better - a slow process.

It's really irritating.
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to Whisper on Sat Sep 2 10:31:08 2023
    Whisper <whisper@ozemail.com.au> Wrote in message:r
    On 2/09/2023 4:18 am, PeteWasLucky wrote:> I know it's stupid :)> > I started to feel plantar fasciitis in my left foot around end of May. I never stopped playing tennis and I could be on court 2-3 hours playing singles 3-4 times a week> > Definitely
    it got worse by time and I started to take Advil before playing and during play.> > Pain killer is okay for 30 minutes maximum on court but after that I am playing very constrained.> > Also, I started to have nerve pain in my waist that I believe it has
    to do with the way I am favoring one side of my body to carry my weight.> > I know I need a long break but I don't want to waste a week before the freaking winter comes here.> > Have any of you experience something like this before? Any shortcuts to get
    this to heal quickly without stopping playing? :)> > > My wife has had plantar fasciitis for maybe close to a year. We've tried everything but nothing really works, just need to give it time. She says it's just starting to get a little better now. She
    never took it easy though, goes to gym 3-4 times a week and does plenty of gardening at home.I can't give any advice, except tell you we really tried everything - even tens machine, which gave her temporary pain relief. I think you just have to expect
    it to be painful for up to 2 years. Hope I never get it, had tennis elbow twice that was bad enough.As far as taking pain killers yes I have some knee pains now and again and taking a few ibrufen pills before playing masks all the pain : )

Did your wife do running too while she had this issue?
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 2 07:32:52 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 4:11:08 AM UTC-7, TT wrote:
    PeteWasLucky kirjoitti 1.9.2023 klo 22.43:
    bmoore <bmo...@nyx.net> Wrote in message:r
    On Friday, September 1, 2023 at 11:58:31 AM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote:> On 9/1/23 11:18 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > I know it's stupid :) > > > > I started to feel plantar fasciitis in my left foot around end of May. I never stopped playing tennis and I

This sounds a bit crazy. Something Nadal would do.
    I'd definitely stop playing and rest the foot.

Yeah, must remember, Nadal once recovered from a broken foot in 10 minutes. The average guy can't do that. ;)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 3 00:52:00 2023
    T24gMy8wOS8yMDIzIDEyOjMxIGFtLCBQZXRlV2FzTHVja3kgd3JvdGU6DQo+IFdoaXNwZXIg PHdoaXNwZXJAb3plbWFpbC5jb20uYXU+IFdyb3RlIGluIG1lc3NhZ2U6cg0KPj4gT24gMi8w OS8yMDIzIDQ6MTggYW0sIFBldGVXYXNMdWNreSB3cm90ZTo+IEkga25vdyBpdCdzIHN0dXBp ZCA6KT4gPiBJIHN0YXJ0ZWQgdG8gZmVlbCBwbGFudGFyIGZhc2NpaXRpcyBpbiBteSBsZWZ0 IGZvb3QgYXJvdW5kIGVuZCBvZiBNYXkuIEkgbmV2ZXIgc3RvcHBlZCBwbGF5aW5nIHRlbm5p cyBhbmQgSSBjb3VsZCBiZSBvbiBjb3VydCAyLTMgaG91cnMgcGxheWluZyBzaW5nbGVzIDMt NCB0aW1lcyBhIHdlZWs+ID4gRGVmaW5pdGVseSBpdCBnb3Qgd29yc2UgYnkgdGltZSBhbmQg SSBzdGFydGVkIHRvIHRha2UgQWR2aWwgYmVmb3JlIHBsYXlpbmcgYW5kIGR1cmluZyBwbGF5 Lj4gPiBQYWluIGtpbGxlciBpcyBva2F5IGZvciAzMCBtaW51dGVzIG1heGltdW0gb24gY291 cnQgYnV0IGFmdGVyIHRoYXQgSSBhbSBwbGF5aW5nIHZlcnkgY29uc3RyYWluZWQuPiA+IEFs c28sIEkgc3RhcnRlZCB0byBoYXZlIG5lcnZlIHBhaW4gaW4gbXkgd2Fpc3QgdGhhdCBJIGJl bGlldmUgaXQgaGFzIHRvIGRvIHdpdGggdGhlIHdheSBJIGFtIGZhdm9yaW5nIG9uZSBzaWRl IG9mIG15IGJvZHkgdG8gY2FycnkgbXkgd2VpZ2h0Lj4gPiBJIGtub3cgSSBuZWVkIGEgbG9u ZyBicmVhayBidXQgSSBkb24ndCB3YW50IHRvIHdhc3RlIGEgd2VlayBiZWZvcmUgdGhlIGZy ZWFraW5nIHdpbnRlciBjb21lcyBoZXJlLj4gPiBIYXZlIGFueSBvZiB5b3UgZXhwZXJpZW5j ZSBzb21ldGhpbmcgbGlrZSB0aGlzIGJlZm9yZT8gQW55IHNob3J0Y3V0cyB0byBnZXQgdGhp cyB0byBoZWFsIHF1aWNrbHkgd2l0aG91dCBzdG9wcGluZyBwbGF5aW5nPyA6KT4gPiA+IE15 IHdpZmUgaGFzIGhhZCBwbGFudGFyIGZhc2NpaXRpcyBmb3IgbWF5YmUgY2xvc2UgdG8gYSB5 ZWFyLiAgV2UndmUgdHJpZWQgZXZlcnl0aGluZyBidXQgbm90aGluZyByZWFsbHkgd29ya3Ms IGp1c3QgbmVlZCB0byBnaXZlIGl0IHRpbWUuIFNoZSBzYXlzIGl0J3MganVzdCBzdGFydGlu ZyB0byBnZXQgYSBsaXR0bGUgYmV0dGVyIG5vdy4gIFNoZSBuZXZlciB0b29rIGl0IGVhc3kg dGhvdWdoLCBnb2VzIHRvIGd5bSAzLTQgdGltZXMgYSB3ZWVrIGFuZCBkb2VzIHBsZW50eSBv ZiBnYXJkZW5pbmcgYXQgaG9tZS5JIGNhbid0IGdpdmUgYW55IGFkdmljZSwgZXhjZXB0IHRl bGwgeW91IHdlIHJlYWxseSB0cmllZCBldmVyeXRoaW5nIC0gZXZlbiB0ZW5zIG1hY2hpbmUs IHdoaWNoIGdhdmUgaGVyIHRlbXBvcmFyeSBwYWluIHJlbGllZi4gIEkgdGhpbmsgeW91IGp1 c3QgaGF2ZSB0byBleHBlY3QgaXQgdG8gYmUgcGFpbmZ1bCBmb3IgdXAgdG8gMiB5ZWFycy4g SG9wZSBJIG5ldmVyIGdldCBpdCwgaGFkIHRlbm5pcyBlbGJvdyB0d2ljZSB0aGF0IHdhcyBi YWQgZW5vdWdoLkFzIGZhciBhcyB0YWtpbmcgcGFpbiBraWxsZXJzIHllcyBJIGhhdmUgc29t ZSBrbmVlIHBhaW5zIG5vdyBhbmQgYWdhaW4gYW5kIHRha2luZyBhIGZldyBpYnJ1ZmVuIHBp bGxzIGJlZm9yZSBwbGF5aW5nIG1hc2tzIGFsbCB0aGUgcGFpbiA6ICkNCj4gDQo+IERpZCB5 b3VyIHdpZmUgZG8gcnVubmluZyB0b28gd2hpbGUgc2hlIGhhZCB0aGlzIGlzc3VlPw0KDQoN Ck1vc3RseSB5b2dhLCBidXQgc2hlJ3MgcHJldHR5IGFjdGl2ZSBhbmQgZG9lc24ndCBsaWtl IHRvIHJlc3QuDQo=

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to Whisper on Sat Sep 2 08:07:16 2023
    On 9/2/23 2:50 AM, Whisper wrote:

playing and during play.

weight.

He'll need it.  I've watched my wife go though agonizing pain, but eventually you get better

This was after the divorce, I take it...

;^)

- a slow process.

--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Sawfish: He talks the talk...but does he walk the walk? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 2 08:26:46 2023
    T24gOS8yLzIzIDc6MjkgQU0sIFBldGVXYXNMdWNreSB3cm90ZToNCj4gV2hpc3BlciA8d2hp c3BlckBvemVtYWlsLmNvbS5hdT4gV3JvdGUgaW4gbWVzc2FnZTpyDQo+PiBPbiAyLzA5LzIw MjMgNDo1OCBhbSwgU2F3ZmlzaCB3cm90ZTo+IE9uIDkvMS8yMyAxMToxOCBBTSwgUGV0ZVdh c0x1Y2t5IHdyb3RlOj4+IEkga25vdyBpdCdzIHN0dXBpZCA6KT4+Pj4gSSBzdGFydGVkIHRv IGZlZWwgcGxhbnRhciBmYXNjaWl0aXMgaW4gbXkgbGVmdCBmb290IGFyb3VuZCBlbmQgb2Yg TWF5LiA+PiBJIG5ldmVyIHN0b3BwZWQgcGxheWluZyB0ZW5uaXMgYW5kIEkgY291bGQgYmUg b24gY291cnQgMi0zIGhvdXJzID4+IHBsYXlpbmcgc2luZ2xlcyAzLTQgdGltZXMgYSB3ZWVr Pj4+PiBEZWZpbml0ZWx5IGl0IGdvdCB3b3JzZSBieSB0aW1lIGFuZCBJIHN0YXJ0ZWQgdG8g dGFrZSBBZHZpbCBiZWZvcmUgPj4gcGxheWluZyBhbmQgZHVyaW5nIHBsYXkuPj4+PiBQYWlu IGtpbGxlciBpcyBva2F5IGZvciAzMCBtaW51dGVzIG1heGltdW0gb24gY291cnQgYnV0IGFm dGVyIHRoYXQgSSA+PiBhbSBwbGF5aW5nIHZlcnkgY29uc3RyYWluZWQuPj4+PiBBbHNvLCBJ IHN0YXJ0ZWQgdG8gaGF2ZSBuZXJ2ZSBwYWluIGluIG15IHdhaXN0IHRoYXQgSSBiZWxpZXZl IGl0IGhhcyA+PiB0byBkbyB3aXRoIHRoZSB3YXkgSSBhbSBmYXZvcmluZyBvbmUgc2lkZSBv ZiBteSBib2R5IHRvIGNhcnJ5IG15IHdlaWdodC4+Pj4+IEkga25vdyBJIG5lZWQgYSBsb25n IGJyZWFrIGJ1dCBJIGRvbid0IHdhbnQgdG8gd2FzdGUgYSB3ZWVrIGJlZm9yZSB0aGUgPj4g ZnJlYWtpbmcgd2ludGVyIGNvbWVzIGhlcmUuPj4+PiBIYXZlIGFueSBvZiB5b3UgZXhwZXJp ZW5jZSBzb21ldGhpbmcgbGlrZSB0aGlzIGJlZm9yZT8gQW55IHNob3J0Y3V0cyA+PiB0byBn ZXQgdGhpcyB0byBoZWFsIHF1aWNrbHkgd2l0aG91dCBzdG9wcGluZyBwbGF5aW5nPyA6KT4+ Pj4+Pj4gSSBzaW5jZXJlbHkgd2lzaCB5b3UgbHVjayB3aXRoIHRoaXMsIFBldGUuPiBIZSds bCBuZWVkIGl0LiAgSSd2ZSB3YXRjaGVkIG15IHdpZmUgZ28gdGhvdWdoIGFnb25pemluZyBw YWluLCBidXQgZXZlbnR1YWxseSB5b3UgZ2V0IGJldHRlciAtIGEgc2xvdyBwcm9jZXNzLg0K PiBJdCdzIHJlYWxseSBpcnJpdGF0aW5nLg0KDQpSZWdyZXR0YWJseSwgbm8gc2hvcnRjdXRz Li4uDQoNCi0tIA0Kfn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+DQpTYXdmaXNoOiAgSGUgdGFsa3Mg dGhlIHRhbGsuLi5idXQgZG9lcyBoZSB3YWxrIHRoZSB3YWxrPw0Kfn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+DQoNCg==

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to Whisper on Sat Sep 2 08:20:55 2023
    On 9/2/23 2:52 AM, Whisper wrote:

playing and during play.

Pain killer is okay for 30 minutes maximum on court but after that
    I am playing very constrained.

Also, I started to have nerve pain in my waist that I believe it
    has to do with the way I am favoring one side of my body to carry
    my weight.

Have any of you experience something like this before? Any
    shortcuts to get this to heal quickly without stopping playing? :)

The thing about aspirin-like drugs is that you can't just shove 'em
    in like you can do with antibiotics. They kill pain but only for a
    while. So you can't rely on Advil because it it will stop working if
    you gobble it down.

Saw, old man, you agree?

...if it does.

But yeah, time is what has taken care of weird things I got while
    getting older. They just come out of the woodwork--no prior
    indications--and you don't even know what they are or even what caused
    them. E.g., I had increasingly periods of numbness in my ring finger and
    my little finger of my left hand. It happened at night and over a period
    of 2-3 years evolved into outright pain, enough to wake me up.

Turned out to be carpal tunnel syndrome. THere is a simple outpatient
    surgery done on the base of the heel of your hand, and like magic it's gone.

5 years later the right hand did the same thing and it too was carpal
    tunnel. THe surgery took care of it, but within the last 3 years there's
    been further nerve deterioration of another kind. This would require
    surgery on the elbow.

Time to just say fuck it...the machine is way past warranty. The O rings
    are obviously shot...they don't even make the parts anymore, you'd have
    to buy used on eBay.

There have been other such very annoying things that just come for no
    reason, and after 1-2 years they go away as mysteriously as they came,
    never to return (so far). At first I'd get them diagnosed, but I don't
    bother any more.

For me the age threshold for this sort of nonsense was ~55-60. Needless
    to say, it's all downhill from there.

--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Sawfish: He talks the talk...but does he walk the walk? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bmoore@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Sat Sep 2 09:46:14 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 8:26:50 AM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote:
    On 9/2/23 7:29 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    Whisper <whi...@ozemail.com.au> Wrote in message:r
    On 2/09/2023 4:58 am, Sawfish wrote:> On 9/1/23 11:18 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:>> I know it's stupid :)>>>> I started to feel plantar fasciitis in my left foot around end of May. >> I never stopped playing tennis and I could be on court 2-3 hours >>
    playing singles 3-4 times a week>>>> Definitely it got worse by time and I started to take Advil before >> playing and during play.>>>> Pain killer is okay for 30 minutes maximum on court but after that I >> am playing very constrained.>>>> Also, I
    started to have nerve pain in my waist that I believe it has >> to do with the way I am favoring one side of my body to carry my weight.>>>> I know I need a long break but I don't want to waste a week before the >> freaking winter comes here.>>>> Have
    any of you experience something like this before? Any shortcuts >> to get this to heal quickly without stopping playing? :)>>>>>>> I sincerely wish you luck with this, Pete.> He'll need it. I've watched my wife go though agonizing pain, but eventually
    you get better - a slow process.
    It's really irritating.
    Regrettably, no shortcuts...

There rarely are.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bmoore@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Sat Sep 2 09:44:52 2023
    On Friday, September 1, 2023 at 5:33:04 PM UTC-7, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    The Iceberg <iceber...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Friday, 1 September 2023 at 20:43:16 UTC+1, PeteWasLucky wrote:> bmoore <bmo...@nyx.net> Wrote in message:r > > On Friday, September 1, 2023 at 11:58:31 AM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote:> On 9/1/23 11:18 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > I know it's stupid :) > >
    I started to feel plantar fasciitis in my left foot around end of May. I never stopped playing tennis and I could be on court 2-3 hours playing singles 3-4 times a week > > > > Definitely it got worse by time and I started to take Advil before
    playing and during play. > > > > Pain killer is okay for 30 minutes maximum on court but after that I am playing very constrained. > > > > Also, I started to have nerve pain in my waist that I believe it has to do with the way I am favoring one side of
    my body to carry my weight. > > > > I know I need a long break but I don't want to waste a week before the freaking winter comes here. > > > > Have any of you experience something like this before? Any shortcuts to get this to heal quickly without
    stopping playing? :) > > > > > >> I sincerely wish you luck with this, Pete. The thing about aspirin-like drugs is that you can't just shove 'em in like you can do with antibiotics. They kill pain but only for a while. So you can't rely on Advil because
    it it will stop working if you gobble it down.My first suggestion is to see your doctor. Saw, old man, you agree? > > I am very careful with meds. > I only take advil before playing, take two 200mg at the start of the play and may take a third after I am
    done, most probably won't take it. > I don't take any when I don't play. > > I was just wondering if any one had magical ways to deal with it. > > I wear a plantar fasciitis splint at night, it helps reduce the pain when I wake up.my advice would be to
    ditch the Advil and use (as bmoore rightly suggests) ibuprofen and take 2 days rest - yes that may suck, but you'll prob be way way better after that for a good week or two. As bmoore says Advil is just a pain killer and won't help with your overuse
    injury, whereas the ibu's reduce imflammation which is what your fake plantar fascitis is all about - call it fake plantar fascitis
    cos absolutely everyone is now diagnosed with "plantar fascitis" if they have any foot complaint whatsoever these days. 10 years ago physios only told people they had plantar fascitis if it was majorly serious, although even then it was mostly cos they
    didn't know what was wrong.
    Ice, Advil is ibuprofen.

Yes, ibuprofen is the generic name for Advil or Motrin.

I know it's plantar fascitis. I have had it before and it has very clear symptoms.
    Two days of rest won't cut it, it needs weeks or months to heal.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Sat Sep 2 13:42:08 2023
    On 9/2/23 2:52 AM, Whisper wrote:> On 2/09/2023 5:09 am, bmoore wrote:>> On Friday, September 1, 2023 at 11:58:31AM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote:>>> On 9/1/23 11:18 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:>>>> I know it's stupid :)>>>>>>>> I started to feel plantar fasciitis
    in my left foot around end of >>>> May. I never stopped playing tennis and I could be on court 2-3 >>>> hours playing singles 3-4 times a week>>>>>>>> Definitely it got worse by time and I started to take Advil before >>>> playing and during play.>>>>>>>>
    Pain killer is okay for 30 minutes maximum on court but after that >>>> I am playing very constrained.>>>>>>>> Also, I started to have nerve pain in my waist that I believe it >>>> has to do with the way I am favoring one side of my body to carry >>>>
    my weight.>>>>>>>> I know I need a long break but I don't want to waste a week before >>>> the freaking winter comes here.>>>>>>>> Have any of you experience something like this before? Any >>>> shortcuts to get this to heal quickly without stopping
    playing? :)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I sincerely wish you luck with this, Pete.>>>> The thing about aspirin-like drugs is that you can't just shove 'em >> in like you can do with antibiotics. They kill pain but only for a >> while. So you can't rely on Advil
    because it it will stop working if >> you gobble it down.>>>> My first suggestion is to see your doctor.>>>> Saw, old man, you agree?>>> Waste of time imo, just need time to get better....if it does.But yeah, time is what has taken care of weird things I
    got while getting older. They just come out of the woodwork--no prior indications--and you don't even know what they are or even what caused them. E.g., I had increasingly periods of numbness in my ring finger and my little finger of my left hand. It
    happened at night and over a period of 2-3 years evolved into outright pain, enough to wake me up.Turned out to be carpal tunnel syndrome. THere is a simple outpatient surgery done on the base of the heel of your hand, and like magic it's gone.5 years
    later the right hand did the same thing and it too was carpal tunnel. THe surgery took care of it, but within the last 3 years there's been further nerve deterioration of another kind. This would require surgery on the elbow.Time to just say fuck it...
    the machine is way past warranty. The O rings are obviously shot...they don't even make the parts anymore, you'd have to buy used on eBay.There have been other such very annoying things that just come for no reason, and after 1-2 years they go away as
    mysteriously as they came, never to return (so far). At first I'd get them diagnosed, but I don't bother any more.For me the age threshold for this sort of nonsense was ~55-60. Needless to say, it's all downhill from there.-- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sawfish: He talks the talk...but does he walk the walk?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:)

Take care Saw.

But maybe the pain in fingers and wrist are caused by writing all these long posts and I am sure you were doing some kind of writing too (professionally) too.
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 2 12:07:07 2023
    T24gOS8yLzIzIDExOjI4IEFNLCBibW9vcmUgd3JvdGU6DQo+IE9uIFNhdHVyZGF5LCBTZXB0 ZW1iZXIgMiwgMjAyMyBhdCAxMDo0MjoxMuKAr0FNIFVUQy03LCBQZXRlV2FzTHVja3kgd3Jv dGU6DQo+PiBTYXdmaXNoIDxzYXdmaS4uLkBnbWFpbC5jb20+IFdyb3RlIGluIG1lc3NhZ2U6 cg0KPj4+IE9uIDkvMi8yMyAyOjUyIEFNLCBXaGlzcGVyIHdyb3RlOj4gT24gMi8wOS8yMDIz IDU6MDkgYW0sIGJtb29yZSB3cm90ZTo+PiBPbiBGcmlkYXksIFNlcHRlbWJlciAxLCAyMDIz IGF0IDExOjU4OjMxIEFNIFVUQy03LCBTYXdmaXNoIHdyb3RlOj4+PiBPbiA5LzEvMjMgMTE6 MTggQU0sIFBldGVXYXNMdWNreSB3cm90ZTo+Pj4+IEkga25vdyBpdCdzIHN0dXBpZCA6KT4+ Pj4+Pj4+IEkgc3RhcnRlZCB0byBmZWVsIHBsYW50YXIgZmFzY2lpdGlzIGluIG15IGxlZnQg Zm9vdCBhcm91bmQgZW5kIG9mID4+Pj4gTWF5LiBJIG5ldmVyIHN0b3BwZWQgcGxheWluZyB0 ZW5uaXMgYW5kIEkgY291bGQgYmUgb24gY291cnQgMi0zID4+Pj4gaG91cnMgcGxheWluZyBz aW5nbGVzIDMtNCB0aW1lcyBhIHdlZWs+Pj4+Pj4+PiBEZWZpbml0ZWx5IGl0IGdvdCB3b3Jz ZSBieSB0aW1lIGFuZCBJIHN0YXJ0ZWQgdG8gdGFrZSBBZHZpbCBiZWZvcmUgPj4+PiBwbGF5 aW5nIGFuZCBkdXJpbmcgcGxheS4+Pj4+Pj4+PiBQYWluIGtpbGxlciBpcyBva2F5IGZvciAz MCBtaW51dGVzIG1heGltdW0gb24gY291cnQgYnV0IGFmdGVyIHRoYXQgPj4+PiBJIGFtIHBs YXlpbmcgdmVyeSBjb25zdHJhaW5lZC4+Pj4+Pj4+PiBBbHNvLCBJIHN0YXJ0ZWQgdG8gaGF2 ZSBuZXJ2ZSBwYWluIGluIG15IHdhaXN0IHRoYXQgSSBiZWxpZXZlIGl0ID4+Pj4gaGFzIHRv IGRvIHdpdGggdGhlIHdheSBJIGFtIGZhdm9yaW5nIG9uZSBzaWRlIG9mIG15IGJvZHkgdG8g Y2FycnkgPj4+PiBteSB3ZWlnaHQuPj4+Pj4+Pj4gSSBrbm93IEkgbmVlZCBhIGxvbmcgYnJl YWsgYnV0IEkgZG9uJ3Qgd2FudCB0byB3YXN0ZSBhIHdlZWsgYmVmb3JlID4+Pj4gdGhlIGZy ZWFraW5nIHdpbnRlciBjb21lcyBoZXJlLj4+Pj4+Pj4+IEhhdmUgYW55IG9mIHlvdSBleHBl cmllbmNlIHNvbWV0aGluZyBsaWtlIHRoaXMgYmVmb3JlPyBBbnkgPj4+PiBzaG9ydGN1dHMg dG8gZ2V0IHRoaXMgdG8gaGVhbCBxdWlja2x5IHdpdGhvdXQgc3RvcHBpbmcgcGxheWluZz8g Oik+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4gSSBzaW5jZXJlbHkgd2lzaCB5b3UgbHVjayB3aXRoIHRoaXMs IFBldGUuPj4+PiBUaGUgdGhpbmcgYWJvdXQgYXNwaXJpbi1saWtlIGRydWdzIGlzIHRoYXQg eW91IGNhbid0IGp1c3Qgc2hvdmUgJ2VtID4+IGluIGxpa2UgeW91IGNhbiBkbyB3aXRoIGFu dGliaW90aWNzLiBUaGV5IGtpbGwgcGFpbiBidXQgb25seSBmb3IgYSA+PiB3aGlsZS4gU28g eW91IGNhbid0IHJlbHkgb24gQWR2aWwgYmVjYXVzZSBpdCBpdCB3aWxsIHN0b3Agd29ya2lu ZyBpZiA+PiB5b3UgZ29iYmxlIGl0IGRvd24uPj4+PiBNeSBmaXJzdCBzdWdnZXN0aW9uIGlz IHRvIHNlZSB5b3VyIGRvY3Rvci4+Pj4+IFNhdywgb2xkIG1hbiwgeW91IGFncmVlPz4+PiBX YXN0ZSBvZiB0aW1lIGltbywganVzdCBuZWVkIHRpbWUgdG8gZ2V0IGJldHRlci4uLi5pZiBp dCBkb2VzLkJ1dCB5ZWFoLCB0aW1lIGlzIHdoYXQgaGFzIHRha2VuIGNhcmUgb2Ygd2VpcmQg dGhpbmdzIEkgZ290IHdoaWxlIGdldHRpbmcgb2xkZXIuIFRoZXkganVzdCBjb21lIG91dCBv ZiB0aGUgd29vZHdvcmstLW5vIHByaW9yIGluZGljYXRpb25zLS1hbmQgeW91IGRvbid0IGV2 ZW4ga25vdyB3aGF0IHRoZXkgYXJlIG9yIGV2ZW4gd2hhdCBjYXVzZWQgdGhlbS4gRS5nLiwg SSBoYWQgaW5jcmVhc2luZ2x5IHBlcmlvZHMgb2YgbnVtYm5lc3MgaW4gbXkgcmluZyBmaW5n ZXIgYW5kIG15IGxpdHRsZSBmaW5nZXIgb2YgbXkgbGVmdCBoYW5kLiBJdCBoYXBwZW5lZCBh dCBuaWdodCBhbmQgb3ZlciBhIHBlcmlvZCBvZiAyLTMgeWVhcnMgZXZvbHZlZCBpbnRvIG91 dHJpZ2h0IHBhaW4sIGVub3VnaCB0byB3YWtlIG1lIHVwLlR1cm5lZCBvdXQgdG8gYmUgY2Fy cGFsIHR1bm5lbCBzeW5kcm9tZS4gVEhlcmUgaXMgYSBzaW1wbGUgb3V0cGF0aWVudCBzdXJn ZXJ5IGRvbmUgb24gdGhlIGJhc2Ugb2YgdGhlIGhlZWwgb2YgeW91ciBoYW5kLCBhbmQgbGlr ZSBtYWdpYyBpdCdzIGdvbmUuNSB5ZWFycyBsYXRlciB0aGUgcmlnaHQgaGFuZCBkaWQgdGhl IHNhbWUgdGhpbmcgYW5kIGl0IHRvbyB3YXMgY2FycGFsIHR1bm5lbC4gVEhlIHN1cmdlcnkg dG9vayBjYXJlIG9mIGl0LCBidXQgd2l0aGluIHRoZSBsYXN0IDMgeWVhcnMgdGhlcmUncyBi ZWVuIGZ1cnRoZXIgbmVydmUgZGV0ZXJpb3JhdGlvbiBvZiBhbm90aGVyIGtpbmQuIFRoaXMg d291bGQgcmVxdWlyZSBzdXJnZXJ5IG9uIHRoZSBlbGJvdy5UaW1lIHRvIGp1c3Qgc2F5IGZ1 Y2sgaXQuLi50aGUgbWFjaGluZSBpcyB3YXkgcGFzdCB3YXJyYW50eS4gVGhlIE8gcmluZ3Mg YXJlIG9idmlvdXNseSBzaG90Li4udGhleSBkb24ndCBldmVuIG1ha2UgdGhlIHBhcnRzIGFu eW1vcmUsIHlvdSdkIGhhdmUgdG8gYnV5IHVzZWQgb24gZUJheS5UaGVyZSBoYXZlIGJlZW4g b3RoZXIgc3VjaCB2ZXJ5IGFubm95aW5nIHRoaW5ncyB0aGF0IGp1c3QgY29tZSBmb3Igbm8g cmVhc29uLCBhbmQgYWZ0ZXIgMS0yIHllYXJzIHRoZXkgZ28gYXdheSBhcyBteXN0ZXJpb3Vz bHkgYXMgdGhleSBjYW1lLCBuZXZlciB0byByZXR1cm4gKHNvIGZhcikuIEF0IGZpcnN0IEkn ZCBnZXQgdGhlbSBkaWFnbm9zZWQsIGJ1dCBJIGRvbid0IGJvdGhlciBhbnkgbW9yZS5Gb3Ig bWUgdGhlIGFnZSB0aHJlc2hvbGQgZm9yIHRoaXMgc29ydCBvZiBub25zZW5zZSB3YXMgfjU1 LTYwLiBOZWVkbGVzcyB0byBzYXksIGl0J3MgYWxsIGRvd25oaWxsIGZyb20gdGhlcmUuLS0g fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+U2F3ZmlzaDogSGUgdGFsa3MgdGhlIHRhbGsuLi5idXQg ZG9lcyBoZSB3YWxrIHRoZSB3YWxrP35+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fg0KPj4gOikNCj4+ DQo+PiBUYWtlIGNhcmUgU2F3Lg0KPj4NCj4+IEJ1dCBtYXliZSB0aGUgcGFpbiBpbiBmaW5n ZXJzIGFuZCB3cmlzdCBhcmUgY2F1c2VkIGJ5IHdyaXRpbmcgYWxsIHRoZXNlIGxvbmcgcG9z dHMgYW5kIEkgYW0gc3VyZSB5b3Ugd2VyZSBkb2luZyBzb21lIGtpbmQgb2Ygd3JpdGluZyB0 b28gKHByb2Zlc3Npb25hbGx5KSB0b28uDQo+IEEgbG90IG9mIGl0IGlzIHdoYXQgYW5nbGUg eW91IGhvbGQgeW91ciBoYW5kcyBhdCB3aGVuIHVzaW5nIHRoZSBrZXlib2FyZCBhbmQgbW91 c2UuDQo+DQo+IElmIHlvdSd2ZSBoYWQgY2FycGFsIHR1bm5lbCB5b3Uga25vdyBpdCBzdWNr cy4NCg0KTWFpbmx5IEkgdmlld2VkIGl0IGFzIGFuIGlycml0YW50LiBJdCBoYWQgYSBjbGVh ciwgc2ltcGxlIGFuZCBlZmZlY3RpdmUgDQp0cmVhdG1lbnQuDQoNCkJ1dCBtYWlubHkgSSB3 YXMgdXNpbmcgaXQgYXMgYW4gZXhhbXBsZSBvZiBzdHVmZiBqdXN0IHN1cmZhY2luZyBhbGwg b2YgYSANCnN1ZGRlbiwganVzdCBsaWtlIHRoZSBrcmFja2VuIGluIENsYXNoIG9mIHRoZSBU aXRhbnMuDQoNCi0tIA0Kfn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+DQoiVGhvc2Ugd2hvbSB0aGUg Z29kcyB3aXNoIHRvIGRlc3Ryb3ksIHRoZXkgZmlyc3QgbWFrZSBXb2tlLiINCg0KLS1TYXdm aXNoDQp+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn4NCg0K

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bmoore@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Sat Sep 2 11:28:09 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 10:42:12 AM UTC-7, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    Sawfish <sawfi...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On 9/2/23 2:52 AM, Whisper wrote:> On 2/09/2023 5:09 am, bmoore wrote:>> On Friday, September 1, 2023 at 11:58:31 AM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote:>>> On 9/1/23 11:18 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:>>>> I know it's stupid :)>>>>>>>> I started to feel plantar
    fasciitis in my left foot around end of >>>> May. I never stopped playing tennis and I could be on court 2-3 >>>> hours playing singles 3-4 times a week>>>>>>>> Definitely it got worse by time and I started to take Advil before >>>> playing and during
    play.>>>>>>>> Pain killer is okay for 30 minutes maximum on court but after that >>>> I am playing very constrained.>>>>>>>> Also, I started to have nerve pain in my waist that I believe it >>>> has to do with the way I am favoring one side of my body to
    carry >>>> my weight.>>>>>>>> I know I need a long break but I don't want to waste a week before >>>> the freaking winter comes here.>>>>>>>> Have any of you experience something like this before? Any >>>> shortcuts to get this to heal quickly without
    stopping playing? :)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I sincerely wish you luck with this, Pete.>>>> The thing about aspirin-like drugs is that you can't just shove 'em >> in like you can do with antibiotics. They kill pain but only for a >> while. So you can't rely on
    Advil because it it will stop working if >> you gobble it down.>>>> My first suggestion is to see your doctor.>>>> Saw, old man, you agree?>>> Waste of time imo, just need time to get better....if it does.But yeah, time is what has taken care of weird
    things I got while getting older. They just come out of the woodwork--no prior indications--and you don't even know what they are or even what caused them. E.g., I had increasingly periods of numbness in my ring finger and my little finger of my left
    hand. It happened at night and over a period of 2-3 years evolved into outright pain, enough to wake me up.Turned out to be carpal tunnel syndrome. THere is a simple outpatient surgery done on the base of the heel of your hand, and like magic it's gone.5
    years later the right hand did the same thing and it too was carpal tunnel. THe surgery took care of it, but within the last 3 years there's been further nerve deterioration of another kind. This would require surgery on the elbow.Time to just say fuck
    it...the machine is way past warranty. The O rings are obviously shot...they don't even make the parts anymore, you'd have to buy used on eBay.There have been other such very annoying things that just come for no reason, and after 1-2 years they go away
    as mysteriously as they came, never to return (so far). At first I'd get them diagnosed, but I don't bother any more.For me the age threshold for this sort of nonsense was ~55-60. Needless to say, it's all downhill from there.-- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sawfish: He talks the talk...but does he walk the walk?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Take care Saw.

But maybe the pain in fingers and wrist are caused by writing all these long posts and I am sure you were doing some kind of writing too (professionally) too.

A lot of it is what angle you hold your hands at when using the keyboard and mouse.

If you've had carpal tunnel you know it sucks.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 2 11:22:53 2023
    T24gOS8yLzIzIDEwOjQyIEFNLCBQZXRlV2FzTHVja3kgd3JvdGU6DQo+IFNhd2Zpc2ggPHNh d2Zpc2g2NjZAZ21haWwuY29tPiBXcm90ZSBpbiBtZXNzYWdlOnINCj4+IE9uIDkvMi8yMyAy OjUyIEFNLCBXaGlzcGVyIHdyb3RlOj4gT24gMi8wOS8yMDIzIDU6MDkgYW0sIGJtb29yZSB3 cm90ZTo+PiBPbiBGcmlkYXksIFNlcHRlbWJlciAxLCAyMDIzIGF0IDExOjU4OjMxGkFNIFVU Qy03LCBTYXdmaXNoIHdyb3RlOj4+PiBPbiA5LzEvMjMgMTE6MTggQU0sIFBldGVXYXNMdWNr eSB3cm90ZTo+Pj4+IEkga25vdyBpdCdzIHN0dXBpZCA6KT4+Pj4+Pj4+IEkgc3RhcnRlZCB0 byBmZWVsIHBsYW50YXIgZmFzY2lpdGlzIGluIG15IGxlZnQgZm9vdCBhcm91bmQgZW5kIG9m ID4+Pj4gTWF5LiBJIG5ldmVyIHN0b3BwZWQgcGxheWluZyB0ZW5uaXMgYW5kIEkgY291bGQg YmUgb24gY291cnQgMi0zID4+Pj4gaG91cnMgcGxheWluZyBzaW5nbGVzIDMtNCB0aW1lcyBh IHdlZWs+Pj4+Pj4+PiBEZWZpbml0ZWx5IGl0IGdvdCB3b3JzZSBieSB0aW1lIGFuZCBJIHN0 YXJ0ZWQgdG8gdGFrZSBBZHZpbCBiZWZvcmUgPj4+PiBwbGF5aW5nIGFuZCBkdXJpbmcgcGxh eS4+Pj4+Pj4+PiBQYWluIGtpbGxlciBpcyBva2F5IGZvciAzMCBtaW51dGVzIG1heGltdW0g b24gY291cnQgYnV0IGFmdGVyIHRoYXQgPj4+PiBJIGFtIHBsYXlpbmcgdmVyeSBjb25zdHJh aW5lZC4+Pj4+Pj4+PiBBbHNvLCBJIHN0YXJ0ZWQgdG8gaGF2ZSBuZXJ2ZSBwYWluIGluIG15 IHdhaXN0IHRoYXQgSSBiZWxpZXZlIGl0ID4+Pj4gaGFzIHRvIGRvIHdpdGggdGhlIHdheSBJ IGFtIGZhdm9yaW5nIG9uZSBzaWRlIG9mIG15IGJvZHkgdG8gY2FycnkgPj4+PiBteSB3ZWln aHQuPj4+Pj4+Pj4gSSBrbm93IEkgbmVlZCBhIGxvbmcgYnJlYWsgYnV0IEkgZG9uJ3Qgd2Fu dCB0byB3YXN0ZSBhIHdlZWsgYmVmb3JlID4+Pj4gdGhlIGZyZWFraW5nIHdpbnRlciBjb21l cyBoZXJlLj4+Pj4+Pj4+IEhhdmUgYW55IG9mIHlvdSBleHBlcmllbmNlIHNvbWV0aGluZyBs aWtlIHRoaXMgYmVmb3JlPyBBbnkgPj4+PiBzaG9ydGN1dHMgdG8gZ2V0IHRoaXMgdG8gaGVh bCBxdWlja2x5IHdpdGhvdXQgc3RvcHBpbmcgcGxheWluZz8gOik+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4g SSBzaW5jZXJlbHkgd2lzaCB5b3UgbHVjayB3aXRoIHRoaXMsIFBldGUuPj4+PiBUaGUgdGhp bmcgYWJvdXQgYXNwaXJpbi1saWtlIGRydWdzIGlzIHRoYXQgeW91IGNhbid0IGp1c3Qgc2hv dmUgJ2VtID4+IGluIGxpa2UgeW91IGNhbiBkbyB3aXRoIGFudGliaW90aWNzLiBUaGV5IGtp bGwgcGFpbiBidXQgb25seSBmb3IgYSA+PiB3aGlsZS4gU28geW91IGNhbid0IHJlbHkgb24g QWR2aWwgYmVjYXVzZSBpdCBpdCB3aWxsIHN0b3Agd29ya2luZyBpZiA+PiB5b3UgZ29iYmxl IGl0IGRvd24uPj4+PiBNeSBmaXJzdCBzdWdnZXN0aW9uIGlzIHRvIHNlZSB5b3VyIGRvY3Rv ci4+Pj4+IFNhdywgb2xkIG1hbiwgeW91IGFncmVlPz4+PiBXYXN0ZSBvZiB0aW1lIGltbywg anVzdCBuZWVkIHRpbWUgdG8gZ2V0IGJldHRlci4uLi5pZiBpdCBkb2VzLkJ1dCB5ZWFoLCB0 aW1lIGlzIHdoYXQgaGFzIHRha2VuIGNhcmUgb2Ygd2VpcmQgdGhpbmdzIEkgZ290IHdoaWxl IGdldHRpbmcgb2xkZXIuIFRoZXkganVzdCBjb21lIG91dCBvZiB0aGUgd29vZHdvcmstLW5v IHByaW9yIGluZGljYXRpb25zLS1hbmQgeW91IGRvbid0IGV2ZW4ga25vdyB3aGF0IHRoZXkg YXJlIG9yIGV2ZW4gd2hhdCBjYXVzZWQgdGhlbS4gRS5nLiwgSSBoYWQgaW5jcmVhc2luZ2x5 IHBlcmlvZHMgb2YgbnVtYm5lc3MgaW4gbXkgcmluZyBmaW5nZXIgYW5kIG15IGxpdHRsZSBm aW5nZXIgb2YgbXkgbGVmdCBoYW5kLiBJdCBoYXBwZW5lZCBhdCBuaWdodCBhbmQgb3ZlciBh IHBlcmlvZCBvZiAyLTMgeWVhcnMgZXZvbHZlZCBpbnRvIG91dHJpZ2h0IHBhaW4sIGVub3Vn aCB0byB3YWtlIG1lIHVwLlR1cm5lZCBvdXQgdG8gYmUgY2FycGFsIHR1bm5lbCBzeW5kcm9t ZS4gVEhlcmUgaXMgYSBzaW1wbGUgb3V0cGF0aWVudCBzdXJnZXJ5IGRvbmUgb24gdGhlIGJh c2Ugb2YgdGhlIGhlZWwgb2YgeW91ciBoYW5kLCBhbmQgbGlrZSBtYWdpYyBpdCdzIGdvbmUu NSB5ZWFycyBsYXRlciB0aGUgcmlnaHQgaGFuZCBkaWQgdGhlIHNhbWUgdGhpbmcgYW5kIGl0 IHRvbyB3YXMgY2FycGFsIHR1bm5lbC4gVEhlIHN1cmdlcnkgdG9vayBjYXJlIG9mIGl0LCBi dXQgd2l0aGluIHRoZSBsYXN0IDMgeWVhcnMgdGhlcmUncyBiZWVuIGZ1cnRoZXIgbmVydmUg ZGV0ZXJpb3JhdGlvbiBvZiBhbm90aGVyIGtpbmQuIFRoaXMgd291bGQgcmVxdWlyZSBzdXJn ZXJ5IG9uIHRoZSBlbGJvdy5UaW1lIHRvIGp1c3Qgc2F5IGZ1Y2sgaXQuLi50aGUgbWFjaGlu ZSBpcyB3YXkgcGFzdCB3YXJyYW50eS4gVGhlIE8gcmluZ3MgYXJlIG9idmlvdXNseSBzaG90 Li4udGhleSBkb24ndCBldmVuIG1ha2UgdGhlIHBhcnRzIGFueW1vcmUsIHlvdSdkIGhhdmUg dG8gYnV5IHVzZWQgb24gZUJheS5UaGVyZSBoYXZlIGJlZW4gb3RoZXIgc3VjaCB2ZXJ5IGFu bm95aW5nIHRoaW5ncyB0aGF0IGp1c3QgY29tZSBmb3Igbm8gcmVhc29uLCBhbmQgYWZ0ZXIg MS0yIHllYXJzIHRoZXkgZ28gYXdheSBhcyBteXN0ZXJpb3VzbHkgYXMgdGhleSBjYW1lLCBu ZXZlciB0byByZXR1cm4gKHNvIGZhcikuIEF0IGZpcnN0IEknZCBnZXQgdGhlbSBkaWFnbm9z ZWQsIGJ1dCBJIGRvbid0IGJvdGhlciBhbnkgbW9yZS5Gb3IgbWUgdGhlIGFnZSB0aHJlc2hv bGQgZm9yIHRoaXMgc29ydCBvZiBub25zZW5zZSB3YXMgfjU1LTYwLiBOZWVkbGVzcyB0byBz YXksIGl0J3MgYWxsIGRvd25oaWxsIGZyb20gdGhlcmUuLS0gfn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+U2F3ZmlzaDogIEhlIHRhbGtzIHRoZSB0YWxrLi4uYnV0IGRvZXMgaGUgd2FsayB0aGUg d2Fsaz9+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn4NCj4gICA6KQ0KPg0KPiBUYWtlIGNhcmUgU2F3 Lg0KPg0KPiBCdXQgbWF5YmUgdGhlIHBhaW4gaW4gZmluZ2VycyBhbmQgd3Jpc3QgYXJlIGNh dXNlZCBieSB3cml0aW5nIGFsbCB0aGVzZSBsb25nIHBvc3RzIGFuZCBJIGFtIHN1cmUgeW91 IHdlcmUgZG9pbmcgc29tZSBraW5kIG9mIHdyaXRpbmcgdG9vIChwcm9mZXNzaW9uYWxseSkg dG9vLg0KDQpIYWgsIGhhaCEgSSB0aGluayB5b3UgYXJlIHJpZ2h0LCBQZXRlIQ0KDQotLSAN Cn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fg0KIk1hbiEgSSdkIGdpdmUgbXkgcmlnaHQgYXJtIHRv IGJlIGFtYmlkZXh0cm91cyEiDQogICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAg ICAgICAgICAtLVNhd2Zpc2gNCg0K

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bmoore@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Sat Sep 2 16:43:16 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 12:07:11 PM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote:
    On 9/2/23 11:28 AM, bmoore wrote:
    On 9/2/23 2:52 AM, Whisper wrote:> On 2/09/2023 5:09 am, bmoore wrote:>> On Friday, September 1, 2023 at 11:58:31 AM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote:>>> On 9/1/23 11:18 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:>>>> I know it's stupid :)>>>>>>>> I started to feel plantar
    fasciitis in my left foot around end of >>>> May. I never stopped playing tennis and I could be on court 2-3 >>>> hours playing singles 3-4 times a week>>>>>>>> Definitely it got worse by time and I started to take Advil before >>>> playing and during
    play.>>>>>>>> Pain killer is okay for 30 minutes maximum on court but after that >>>> I am playing very constrained.>>>>>>>> Also, I started to have nerve pain in my waist that I believe it >>>> has to do with the way I am favoring one side of my body to
    carry >>>> my weight.>>>>>>>> I know I need a long break but I don't want to waste a week before >>>> the freaking winter comes here.>>>>>>>> Have any of you experience something like this before? Any >>>> shortcuts to get this to heal quickly without
    stopping playing? :)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I sincerely wish you luck with this, Pete.>>>> The thing about aspirin-like drugs is that you can't just shove 'em >> in like you can do with antibiotics. They kill pain but only for a >> while. So you can't rely on
    Advil because it it will stop working if >> you gobble it down.>>>> My first suggestion is to see your doctor.>>>> Saw, old man, you agree?>>> Waste of time imo, just need time to get better....if it does.But yeah, time is what has taken care of weird
    things I got while getting older. They just come out of the woodwork--no prior indications--and you don't even know what they are or even what caused them. E.g., I had increasingly periods of numbness in my ring finger and my little finger of my left
    hand. It happened at night and over a period of 2-3 years evolved into outright pain, enough to wake me up.Turned out to be carpal tunnel syndrome. THere is a simple outpatient surgery done on the base of the heel of your hand, and like magic it's gone.5
    years later the right hand did the same thing and it too was carpal tunnel. THe surgery took care of it, but within the last 3 years there's been further nerve deterioration of another kind. This would require surgery on the elbow.Time to just say fuck
    it...the machine is way past warranty. The O rings are obviously shot...they don't even make the parts anymore, you'd have to buy used on eBay.There have been other such very annoying things that just come for no reason, and after 1-2 years they go away
    as mysteriously as they came, never to return (so far). At first I'd get them diagnosed, but I don't bother any more.For me the age threshold for this sort of nonsense was ~55-60. Needless to say, it's all downhill from there.-- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sawfish: He talks the talk...but does he walk the walk?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Take care Saw.

A lot of it is what angle you hold your hands at when using the keyboard and mouse.

Mainly I viewed it as an irritant. It had a clear, simple and effective treatment.

interesting. I had it for about 2 weeks. This horrible feeling in my wrist. It popped up out of nowhere but I knew the cause. I used ice and ibuprofen and rode it out, and changed my work habits. All is well for years now. Was super painful though.

But mainly I was using it as an example of stuff just surfacing all of a sudden, just like the kracken in Clash of the Titans.

:-)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 2 17:33:13 2023
    T24gOS8yLzIzIDQ6NDMgUE0sIGJtb29yZSB3cm90ZToNCj4gT24gU2F0dXJkYXksIFNlcHRl bWJlciAyLCAyMDIzIGF0IDEyOjA3OjEx4oCvUE0gVVRDLTcsIFNhd2Zpc2ggd3JvdGU6DQo+ PiBPbiA5LzIvMjMgMTE6MjggQU0sIGJtb29yZSB3cm90ZToNCj4+PiBPbiBTYXR1cmRheSwg U2VwdGVtYmVyIDIsIDIwMjMgYXQgMTA6NDI6MTLigK9BTSBVVEMtNywgUGV0ZVdhc0x1Y2t5 IHdyb3RlOg0KPj4+PiBTYXdmaXNoIDxzYXdmaS4uLkBnbWFpbC5jb20+IFdyb3RlIGluIG1l c3NhZ2U6cg0KPj4+Pj4gT24gOS8yLzIzIDI6NTIgQU0sIFdoaXNwZXIgd3JvdGU6PiBPbiAy LzA5LzIwMjMgNTowOSBhbSwgYm1vb3JlIHdyb3RlOj4+IE9uIEZyaWRheSwgU2VwdGVtYmVy IDEsIDIwMjMgYXQgMTE6NTg6MzEgQU0gVVRDLTcsIFNhd2Zpc2ggd3JvdGU6Pj4+IE9uIDkv MS8yMyAxMToxOCBBTSwgUGV0ZVdhc0x1Y2t5IHdyb3RlOj4+Pj4gSSBrbm93IGl0J3Mgc3R1 cGlkIDopPj4+Pj4+Pj4gSSBzdGFydGVkIHRvIGZlZWwgcGxhbnRhciBmYXNjaWl0aXMgaW4g bXkgbGVmdCBmb290IGFyb3VuZCBlbmQgb2YgPj4+PiBNYXkuIEkgbmV2ZXIgc3RvcHBlZCBw bGF5aW5nIHRlbm5pcyBhbmQgSSBjb3VsZCBiZSBvbiBjb3VydCAyLTMgPj4+PiBob3VycyBw bGF5aW5nIHNpbmdsZXMgMy00IHRpbWVzIGEgd2Vlaz4+Pj4+Pj4+IERlZmluaXRlbHkgaXQg Z290IHdvcnNlIGJ5IHRpbWUgYW5kIEkgc3RhcnRlZCB0byB0YWtlIEFkdmlsIGJlZm9yZSA+ Pj4+IHBsYXlpbmcgYW5kIGR1cmluZyBwbGF5Lj4+Pj4+Pj4+IFBhaW4ga2lsbGVyIGlzIG9r YXkgZm9yIDMwIG1pbnV0ZXMgbWF4aW11bSBvbiBjb3VydCBidXQgYWZ0ZXIgdGhhdCA+Pj4+ IEkgYW0gcGxheWluZyB2ZXJ5IGNvbnN0cmFpbmVkLj4+Pj4+Pj4+IEFsc28sIEkgc3RhcnRl ZCB0byBoYXZlIG5lcnZlIHBhaW4gaW4gbXkgd2Fpc3QgdGhhdCBJIGJlbGlldmUgaXQgPj4+ PiBoYXMgdG8gZG8gd2l0aCB0aGUgd2F5IEkgYW0gZmF2b3Jpbmcgb25lIHNpZGUgb2YgbXkg Ym9keSB0byBjYXJyeSA+Pj4+IG15IHdlaWdodC4+Pj4+Pj4+PiBJIGtub3cgSSBuZWVkIGEg bG9uZyBicmVhayBidXQgSSBkb24ndCB3YW50IHRvIHdhc3RlIGEgd2VlayBiZWZvcmUgPj4+ PiB0aGUgZnJlYWtpbmcgd2ludGVyIGNvbWVzIGhlcmUuPj4+Pj4+Pj4gSGF2ZSBhbnkgb2Yg eW91IGV4cGVyaWVuY2Ugc29tZXRoaW5nIGxpa2UgdGhpcyBiZWZvcmU/IEFueSA+Pj4+IHNo b3J0Y3V0cyB0byBnZXQgdGhpcyB0byBoZWFsIHF1aWNrbHkgd2l0aG91dCBzdG9wcGluZyBw bGF5aW5nPyA6KT4+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4+PiBJIHNpbmNlcmVseSB3aXNoIHlvdSBsdWNrIHdp dGggdGhpcywgUGV0ZS4+Pj4+IFRoZSB0aGluZyBhYm91dCBhc3BpcmluLWxpa2UgZHJ1Z3Mg aXMgdGhhdCB5b3UgY2FuJ3QganVzdCBzaG92ZSAnZW0gPj4gaW4gbGlrZSB5b3UgY2FuIGRv IHdpdGggYW50aWJpb3RpY3MuIFRoZXkga2lsbCBwYWluIGJ1dCBvbmx5IGZvciBhID4+IHdo aWxlLiBTbyB5b3UgY2FuJ3QgcmVseSBvbiBBZHZpbCBiZWNhdXNlIGl0IGl0IHdpbGwgc3Rv cCB3b3JraW5nIGlmID4+IHlvdSBnb2JibGUgaXQgZG93bi4+Pj4+IE15IGZpcnN0IHN1Z2dl c3Rpb24gaXMgdG8gc2VlIHlvdXIgZG9jdG9yLj4+Pj4gU2F3LCBvbGQgbWFuLCB5b3UgYWdy ZWU/Pj4+IFdhc3RlIG9mIHRpbWUgaW1vLCBqdXN0IG5lZWQgdGltZSB0byBnZXQgYmV0dGVy Li4uLmlmIGl0IGRvZXMuQnV0IHllYWgsIHRpbWUgaXMgd2hhdCBoYXMgdGFrZW4gY2FyZSBv ZiB3ZWlyZCB0aGluZ3MgSSBnb3Qgd2hpbGUgZ2V0dGluZyBvbGRlci4gVGhleSBqdXN0IGNv bWUgb3V0IG9mIHRoZSB3b29kd29yay0tbm8gcHJpb3IgaW5kaWNhdGlvbnMtLWFuZCB5b3Ug ZG9uJ3QgZXZlbiBrbm93IHdoYXQgdGhleSBhcmUgb3IgZXZlbiB3aGF0IGNhdXNlZCB0aGVt LiBFLmcuLCBJIGhhZCBpbmNyZWFzaW5nbHkgcGVyaW9kcyBvZiBudW1ibmVzcyBpbiBteSBy aW5nIGZpbmdlciBhbmQgbXkgbGl0dGxlIGZpbmdlciBvZiBteSBsZWZ0IGhhbmQuIEl0IGhh cHBlbmVkIGF0IG5pZ2h0IGFuZCBvdmVyIGEgcGVyaW9kIG9mIDItMyB5ZWFycyBldm9sdmVk IGludG8gb3V0cmlnaHQgcGFpbiwgZW5vdWdoIHRvIHdha2UgbWUgdXAuVHVybmVkIG91dCB0 byBiZSBjYXJwYWwgdHVubmVsIHN5bmRyb21lLiBUSGVyZSBpcyBhIHNpbXBsZSBvdXRwYXRp ZW50IHN1cmdlcnkgZG9uZSBvbiB0aGUgYmFzZSBvZiB0aGUgaGVlbCBvZiB5b3VyIGhhbmQs IGFuZCBsaWtlIG1hZ2ljIGl0J3MgZ29uZS41IHllYXJzIGxhdGVyIHRoZSByaWdodCBoYW5k IGRpZCB0aGUgc2FtZSB0aGluZyBhbmQgaXQgdG9vIHdhcyBjYXJwYWwgdHVubmVsLiBUSGUg c3VyZ2VyeSB0b29rIGNhcmUgb2YgaXQsIGJ1dCB3aXRoaW4gdGhlIGxhc3QgMyB5ZWFycyB0 aGVyZSdzIGJlZW4gZnVydGhlciBuZXJ2ZSBkZXRlcmlvcmF0aW9uIG9mIGFub3RoZXIga2lu ZC4gVGhpcyB3b3VsZCByZXF1aXJlIHN1cmdlcnkgb24gdGhlIGVsYm93LlRpbWUgdG8ganVz dCBzYXkgZnVjayBpdC4uLnRoZSBtYWNoaW5lIGlzIHdheSBwYXN0IHdhcnJhbnR5LiBUaGUg TyByaW5ncyBhcmUgb2J2aW91c2x5IHNob3QuLi50aGV5IGRvbid0IGV2ZW4gbWFrZSB0aGUg cGFydHMgYW55bW9yZSwgeW91J2QgaGF2ZSB0byBidXkgdXNlZCBvbiBlQmF5LlRoZXJlIGhh dmUgYmVlbiBvdGhlciBzdWNoIHZlcnkgYW5ub3lpbmcgdGhpbmdzIHRoYXQganVzdCBjb21l IGZvciBubyByZWFzb24sIGFuZCBhZnRlciAxLTIgeWVhcnMgdGhleSBnbyBhd2F5IGFzIG15 c3RlcmlvdXNseSBhcyB0aGV5IGNhbWUsIG5ldmVyIHRvIHJldHVybiAoc28gZmFyKS4gQXQg Zmlyc3QgSSdkIGdldCB0aGVtIGRpYWdub3NlZCwgYnV0IEkgZG9uJ3QgYm90aGVyIGFueSBt b3JlLkZvciBtZSB0aGUgYWdlIHRocmVzaG9sZCBmb3IgdGhpcyBzb3J0IG9mIG5vbnNlbnNl IHdhcyB+NTUtNjAuIE5lZWRsZXNzIHRvIHNheSwgaXQncyBhbGwgZG93bmhpbGwgZnJvbSB0 aGVyZS4tLSB+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5TYXdmaXNoOiBIZSB0YWxrcyB0aGUgdGFs ay4uLmJ1dCBkb2VzIGhlIHdhbGsgdGhlIHdhbGs/fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+DQo+ Pj4+IDopDQo+Pj4+DQo+Pj4+IFRha2UgY2FyZSBTYXcuDQo+Pj4+DQo+Pj4+IEJ1dCBtYXli ZSB0aGUgcGFpbiBpbiBmaW5nZXJzIGFuZCB3cmlzdCBhcmUgY2F1c2VkIGJ5IHdyaXRpbmcg YWxsIHRoZXNlIGxvbmcgcG9zdHMgYW5kIEkgYW0gc3VyZSB5b3Ugd2VyZSBkb2luZyBzb21l IGtpbmQgb2Ygd3JpdGluZyB0b28gKHByb2Zlc3Npb25hbGx5KSB0b28uDQo+Pj4gQSBsb3Qg b2YgaXQgaXMgd2hhdCBhbmdsZSB5b3UgaG9sZCB5b3VyIGhhbmRzIGF0IHdoZW4gdXNpbmcg dGhlIGtleWJvYXJkIGFuZCBtb3VzZS4NCj4+Pg0KPj4+IElmIHlvdSd2ZSBoYWQgY2FycGFs IHR1bm5lbCB5b3Uga25vdyBpdCBzdWNrcy4NCj4+IE1haW5seSBJIHZpZXdlZCBpdCBhcyBh biBpcnJpdGFudC4gSXQgaGFkIGEgY2xlYXIsIHNpbXBsZSBhbmQgZWZmZWN0aXZlDQo+PiB0 cmVhdG1lbnQuDQo+IGludGVyZXN0aW5nLiBJIGhhZCBpdCBmb3IgYWJvdXQgMiB3ZWVrcy4g VGhpcyBob3JyaWJsZSBmZWVsaW5nIGluIG15IHdyaXN0LiBJdCBwb3BwZWQgdXAgb3V0IG9m IG5vd2hlcmUgYnV0IEkga25ldyB0aGUgY2F1c2UuIEkgdXNlZCBpY2UgYW5kIGlidXByb2Zl biBhbmQgcm9kZSBpdCBvdXQsIGFuZCBjaGFuZ2VkIG15IHdvcmsgaGFiaXRzLiBBbGwgaXMg d2VsbCBmb3IgeWVhcnMgbm93LiBXYXMgc3VwZXIgcGFpbmZ1bCB0aG91Z2guDQo+ICAgDQo+ PiBCdXQgbWFpbmx5IEkgd2FzIHVzaW5nIGl0IGFzIGFuIGV4YW1wbGUgb2Ygc3R1ZmYganVz dCBzdXJmYWNpbmcgYWxsIG9mIGENCj4+IHN1ZGRlbiwganVzdCBsaWtlIHRoZSBrcmFja2Vu IGluIENsYXNoIG9mIHRoZSBUaXRhbnMuDQo+IDotKQ0KPg0KTW9yZSB0aGFuIHlvdSB3YW50 ZWQgdG8ga25vdy4uLiA6XikNCg0KaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuaG9wa2luc21lZGljaW5lLm9yZy9o ZWFsdGgvdHJlYXRtZW50LXRlc3RzLWFuZC10aGVyYXBpZXMvY2FycGFsLXR1bm5lbC1yZWxl YXNlDQoNCkkgZmlyc3QgZ290IGl0IG1heWJlIDQtNSB5ZWFycyBhZnRlciBJIHJldGlyZWQu IEhhZCBubyBjbHVlIHdoYXQgaXQgd2FzIA0KZnJvbSwgb3Igd2hhdCBpdCB3YXMgYWxsIGFi b3V0LiBVbmV4cGxhaW5lZCBudW1ibmVzcyBpbiB0aGUgYXJlYSBvZiB0aGUgDQpsaXR0bGUg YW5kIHJpbmcgZmluZ2VyLCBhbmQgb24gZG93biB0aGUgaGFuZCB0byB0aGUgaGVlbCBvZiB0 aGUgaGFuZC4gDQpMZWZ0IGFsb25lIGl0IHR1cm5lZCBpbnRvIHNvbWV0aGluZyBhIGxvdCBs aWtlIGEgdGhyb2JiaW5nIGJlZSBzdGluZyBhbmQgDQpjb3VsZCB3YWtlIG1lIHVwIGF0IG5p Z2h0Lg0KDQpUaGF0J3Mgd2hlbiBJIGRlY2lkZWQgdG8gZmluZCBvdXQgYWJvdXQgaXQuDQoN CkkgZXZlbnR1YWxseSBoYWQgYm90aCBoYW5kcyBkb25lIHRoaXMgd2F5Lg0KDQotLSANCn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fg0KIi4uLmFuZCB5b3VyIGxpdHRsZSBkb2csIHRvbyEiDQog ICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAtLVNhd2Zpc2gNCg0K

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bmoore@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Sat Sep 2 17:51:07 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 5:33:18 PM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote:
    On 9/2/23 4:43 PM, bmoore wrote:
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 12:07:11 PM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote:
    On 9/2/23 11:28 AM, bmoore wrote:

Take care Saw.

Mainly I viewed it as an irritant. It had a clear, simple and effective >> treatment.
    interesting. I had it for about 2 weeks. This horrible feeling in my wrist. It popped up out of nowhere but I knew the cause. I used ice and ibuprofen and rode it out, and changed my work habits. All is well for years now. Was super painful though.

But mainly I was using it as an example of stuff just surfacing all of a >> sudden, just like the kracken in Clash of the Titans.

More than you wanted to know... :^)

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/treatment-tests-and-therapies/carpal-tunnel-release

I first got it maybe 4-5 years after I retired. Had no clue what it was from, or what it was all about. Unexplained numbness in the area of the little and ring finger, and on down the hand to the heel of the hand.
    Left alone it turned into something a lot like a throbbing bee sting and could wake me up at night.

That's when I decided to find out about it.

I eventually had both hands done this way.

For me it was like an incredibly tight band was wrapped around my right wrist.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 2 18:29:21 2023
    T24gOS8yLzIzIDU6NTEgUE0sIGJtb29yZSB3cm90ZToNCj4gT24gU2F0dXJkYXksIFNlcHRl bWJlciAyLCAyMDIzIGF0IDU6MzM6MTjigK9QTSBVVEMtNywgU2F3ZmlzaCB3cm90ZToNCj4+ IE9uIDkvMi8yMyA0OjQzIFBNLCBibW9vcmUgd3JvdGU6DQo+Pj4gT24gU2F0dXJkYXksIFNl cHRlbWJlciAyLCAyMDIzIGF0IDEyOjA3OjEx4oCvUE0gVVRDLTcsIFNhd2Zpc2ggd3JvdGU6 DQo+Pj4+IE9uIDkvMi8yMyAxMToyOCBBTSwgYm1vb3JlIHdyb3RlOg0KPj4+Pj4gT24gU2F0 dXJkYXksIFNlcHRlbWJlciAyLCAyMDIzIGF0IDEwOjQyOjEy4oCvQU0gVVRDLTcsIFBldGVX YXNMdWNreSB3cm90ZToNCj4+Pj4+PiBTYXdmaXNoIDxzYXdmaS4uLkBnbWFpbC5jb20+IFdy b3RlIGluIG1lc3NhZ2U6cg0KPj4+Pj4+PiBPbiA5LzIvMjMgMjo1MiBBTSwgV2hpc3BlciB3 cm90ZTo+IE9uIDIvMDkvMjAyMyA1OjA5IGFtLCBibW9vcmUgd3JvdGU6Pj4gT24gRnJpZGF5 LCBTZXB0ZW1iZXIgMSwgMjAyMyBhdCAxMTo1ODozMSBBTSBVVEMtNywgU2F3ZmlzaCB3cm90 ZTo+Pj4gT24gOS8xLzIzIDExOjE4IEFNLCBQZXRlV2FzTHVja3kgd3JvdGU6Pj4+PiBJIGtu b3cgaXQncyBzdHVwaWQgOik+Pj4+Pj4+PiBJIHN0YXJ0ZWQgdG8gZmVlbCBwbGFudGFyIGZh c2NpaXRpcyBpbiBteSBsZWZ0IGZvb3QgYXJvdW5kIGVuZCBvZiA+Pj4+IE1heS4gSSBuZXZl ciBzdG9wcGVkIHBsYXlpbmcgdGVubmlzIGFuZCBJIGNvdWxkIGJlIG9uIGNvdXJ0IDItMyA+ Pj4+IGhvdXJzIHBsYXlpbmcgc2luZ2xlcyAzLTQgdGltZXMgYSB3ZWVrPj4+Pj4+Pj4gRGVm aW5pdGVseSBpdCBnb3Qgd29yc2UgYnkgdGltZSBhbmQgSSBzdGFydGVkIHRvIHRha2UgQWR2 aWwgYmVmb3JlID4+Pj4gcGxheWluZyBhbmQgZHVyaW5nIHBsYXkuPj4+Pj4+Pj4gUGFpbiBr aWxsZXIgaXMgb2theSBmb3IgMzAgbWludXRlcyBtYXhpbXVtIG9uIGNvdXJ0IGJ1dCBhZnRl ciB0aGF0ID4+Pj4gSSBhbSBwbGF5aW5nIHZlcnkgY29uc3RyYWluZWQuPj4+Pj4+Pj4gQWxz bywgSSBzdGFydGVkIHRvIGhhdmUgbmVydmUgcGFpbiBpbiBteSB3YWlzdCB0aGF0IEkgYmVs aWV2ZSBpdCA+Pj4+IGhhcyB0byBkbyB3aXRoIHRoZSB3YXkgSSBhbSBmYXZvcmluZyBvbmUg c2lkZSBvZiBteSBib2R5IHRvIGNhcnJ5ID4+Pj4gbXkgd2VpZ2h0Lj4+Pj4+Pj4+IEkga25v dyBJIG5lZWQgYSBsb25nIGJyZWFrIGJ1dCBJIGRvbid0IHdhbnQgdG8gd2FzdGUgYSB3ZWVr IGJlZm9yZSA+Pj4+IHRoZSBmcmVha2luZyB3aW50ZXIgY29tZXMgaGVyZS4+Pj4+Pj4+PiBI YXZlIGFueSBvZiB5b3UgZXhwZXJpZW5jZSBzb21ldGhpbmcgbGlrZSB0aGlzIGJlZm9yZT8g QW55ID4+Pj4gc2hvcnRjdXRzIHRvIGdldCB0aGlzIHRvIGhlYWwgcXVpY2tseSB3aXRob3V0 IHN0b3BwaW5nIHBsYXlpbmc/IDopPj4+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4+IEkgc2luY2VyZWx5IHdpc2gg eW91IGx1Y2sgd2l0aCB0aGlzLCBQZXRlLj4+Pj4gVGhlIHRoaW5nIGFib3V0IGFzcGlyaW4t bGlrZSBkcnVncyBpcyB0aGF0IHlvdSBjYW4ndCBqdXN0IHNob3ZlICdlbSA+PiBpbiBsaWtl IHlvdSBjYW4gZG8gd2l0aCBhbnRpYmlvdGljcy4gVGhleSBraWxsIHBhaW4gYnV0IG9ubHkg Zm9yIGEgPj4gd2hpbGUuIFNvIHlvdSBjYW4ndCByZWx5IG9uIEFkdmlsIGJlY2F1c2UgaXQg aXQgd2lsbCBzdG9wIHdvcmtpbmcgaWYgPj4geW91IGdvYmJsZSBpdCBkb3duLj4+Pj4gTXkg Zmlyc3Qgc3VnZ2VzdGlvbiBpcyB0byBzZWUgeW91ciBkb2N0b3IuPj4+PiBTYXcsIG9sZCBt YW4sIHlvdSBhZ3JlZT8+Pj4gV2FzdGUgb2YgdGltZSBpbW8sIGp1c3QgbmVlZCB0aW1lIHRv IGdldCBiZXR0ZXIuLi4uaWYgaXQgZG9lcy5CdXQgeWVhaCwgdGltZSBpcyB3aGF0IGhhcyB0 YWtlbiBjYXJlIG9mIHdlaXJkIHRoaW5ncyBJIGdvdCB3aGlsZSBnZXR0aW5nIG9sZGVyLiBU aGV5IGp1c3QgY29tZSBvdXQgb2YgdGhlIHdvb2R3b3JrLS1ubyBwcmlvciBpbmRpY2F0aW9u cy0tYW5kIHlvdSBkb24ndCBldmVuIGtub3cgd2hhdCB0aGV5IGFyZSBvciBldmVuIHdoYXQg Y2F1c2VkIHRoZW0uIEUuZy4sIEkgaGFkIGluY3JlYXNpbmdseSBwZXJpb2RzIG9mIG51bWJu ZXNzIGluIG15IHJpbmcgZmluZ2VyIGFuZCBteSBsaXR0bGUgZmluZ2VyIG9mIG15IGxlZnQg aGFuZC4gSXQgaGFwcGVuZWQgYXQgbmlnaHQgYW5kIG92ZXIgYSBwZXJpb2Qgb2YgMi0zIHll YXJzIGV2b2x2ZWQgaW50byBvdXRyaWdodCBwYWluLCBlbm91Z2ggdG8gd2FrZSBtZSB1cC5U dXJuZWQgb3V0IHRvIGJlIGNhcnBhbCB0dW5uZWwgc3luZHJvbWUuIFRIZXJlIGlzIGEgc2lt cGxlIG91dHBhdGllbnQgc3VyZ2VyeSBkb25lIG9uIHRoZSBiYXNlIG9mIHRoZSBoZWVsIG9m IHlvdXIgaGFuZCwgYW5kIGxpa2UgbWFnaWMgaXQncyBnb25lLjUgeWVhcnMgbGF0ZXIgdGhl IHJpZ2h0IGhhbmQgZGlkIHRoZSBzYW1lIHRoaW5nIGFuZCBpdCB0b28gd2FzIGNhcnBhbCB0 dW5uZWwuIFRIZSBzdXJnZXJ5IHRvb2sgY2FyZSBvZiBpdCwgYnV0IHdpdGhpbiB0aGUgbGFz dCAzIHllYXJzIHRoZXJlJ3MgYmVlbiBmdXJ0aGVyIG5lcnZlIGRldGVyaW9yYXRpb24gb2Yg YW5vdGhlciBraW5kLiBUaGlzIHdvdWxkIHJlcXVpcmUgc3VyZ2VyeSBvbiB0aGUgZWxib3cu VGltZSB0byBqdXN0IHNheSBmdWNrIGl0Li4udGhlIG1hY2hpbmUgaXMgd2F5IHBhc3Qgd2Fy cmFudHkuIFRoZSBPIHJpbmdzIGFyZSBvYnZpb3VzbHkgc2hvdC4uLnRoZXkgZG9uJ3QgZXZl biBtYWtlIHRoZSBwYXJ0cyBhbnltb3JlLCB5b3UnZCBoYXZlIHRvIGJ1eSB1c2VkIG9uIGVC YXkuVGhlcmUgaGF2ZSBiZWVuIG90aGVyIHN1Y2ggdmVyeSBhbm5veWluZyB0aGluZ3MgdGhh dCBqdXN0IGNvbWUgZm9yIG5vIHJlYXNvbiwgYW5kIGFmdGVyIDEtMiB5ZWFycyB0aGV5IGdv IGF3YXkgYXMgbXlzdGVyaW91c2x5IGFzIHRoZXkgY2FtZSwgbmV2ZXIgdG8gcmV0dXJuIChz byBmYXIpLiBBdCBmaXJzdCBJJ2QgZ2V0IHRoZW0gZGlhZ25vc2VkLCBidXQgSSBkb24ndCBi b3RoZXIgYW55IG1vcmUuRm9yIG1lIHRoZSBhZ2UgdGhyZXNob2xkIGZvciB0aGlzIHNvcnQg b2Ygbm9uc2Vuc2Ugd2FzIH41NS02MC4gTmVlZGxlc3MgdG8gc2F5LCBpdCdzIGFsbCBkb3du aGlsbCBmcm9tIHRoZXJlLi0tIH5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+flNhd2Zpc2g6IEhlIHRh bGtzIHRoZSB0YWxrLi4uYnV0IGRvZXMgaGUgd2FsayB0aGUgd2Fsaz9+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn4NCj4+Pj4+PiA6KQ0KPj4+Pj4+DQo+Pj4+Pj4gVGFrZSBjYXJlIFNhdy4NCj4+ Pj4+Pg0KPj4+Pj4+IEJ1dCBtYXliZSB0aGUgcGFpbiBpbiBmaW5nZXJzIGFuZCB3cmlzdCBh cmUgY2F1c2VkIGJ5IHdyaXRpbmcgYWxsIHRoZXNlIGxvbmcgcG9zdHMgYW5kIEkgYW0gc3Vy ZSB5b3Ugd2VyZSBkb2luZyBzb21lIGtpbmQgb2Ygd3JpdGluZyB0b28gKHByb2Zlc3Npb25h bGx5KSB0b28uDQo+Pj4+PiBBIGxvdCBvZiBpdCBpcyB3aGF0IGFuZ2xlIHlvdSBob2xkIHlv dXIgaGFuZHMgYXQgd2hlbiB1c2luZyB0aGUga2V5Ym9hcmQgYW5kIG1vdXNlLg0KPj4+Pj4N Cj4+Pj4+IElmIHlvdSd2ZSBoYWQgY2FycGFsIHR1bm5lbCB5b3Uga25vdyBpdCBzdWNrcy4N Cj4+Pj4gTWFpbmx5IEkgdmlld2VkIGl0IGFzIGFuIGlycml0YW50LiBJdCBoYWQgYSBjbGVh ciwgc2ltcGxlIGFuZCBlZmZlY3RpdmUNCj4+Pj4gdHJlYXRtZW50Lg0KPj4+IGludGVyZXN0 aW5nLiBJIGhhZCBpdCBmb3IgYWJvdXQgMiB3ZWVrcy4gVGhpcyBob3JyaWJsZSBmZWVsaW5n IGluIG15IHdyaXN0LiBJdCBwb3BwZWQgdXAgb3V0IG9mIG5vd2hlcmUgYnV0IEkga25ldyB0 aGUgY2F1c2UuIEkgdXNlZCBpY2UgYW5kIGlidXByb2ZlbiBhbmQgcm9kZSBpdCBvdXQsIGFu ZCBjaGFuZ2VkIG15IHdvcmsgaGFiaXRzLiBBbGwgaXMgd2VsbCBmb3IgeWVhcnMgbm93LiBX YXMgc3VwZXIgcGFpbmZ1bCB0aG91Z2guDQo+Pj4NCj4+Pj4gQnV0IG1haW5seSBJIHdhcyB1 c2luZyBpdCBhcyBhbiBleGFtcGxlIG9mIHN0dWZmIGp1c3Qgc3VyZmFjaW5nIGFsbCBvZiBh DQo+Pj4+IHN1ZGRlbiwganVzdCBsaWtlIHRoZSBrcmFja2VuIGluIENsYXNoIG9mIHRoZSBU aXRhbnMuDQo+Pj4gOi0pDQo+Pj4NCj4+IE1vcmUgdGhhbiB5b3Ugd2FudGVkIHRvIGtub3cu Li4gOl4pDQo+Pg0KPj4gaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuaG9wa2luc21lZGljaW5lLm9yZy9oZWFsdGgv dHJlYXRtZW50LXRlc3RzLWFuZC10aGVyYXBpZXMvY2FycGFsLXR1bm5lbC1yZWxlYXNlDQo+ Pg0KPj4gSSBmaXJzdCBnb3QgaXQgbWF5YmUgNC01IHllYXJzIGFmdGVyIEkgcmV0aXJlZC4g SGFkIG5vIGNsdWUgd2hhdCBpdCB3YXMNCj4+IGZyb20sIG9yIHdoYXQgaXQgd2FzIGFsbCBh Ym91dC4gVW5leHBsYWluZWQgbnVtYm5lc3MgaW4gdGhlIGFyZWEgb2YgdGhlDQo+PiBsaXR0 bGUgYW5kIHJpbmcgZmluZ2VyLCBhbmQgb24gZG93biB0aGUgaGFuZCB0byB0aGUgaGVlbCBv ZiB0aGUgaGFuZC4NCj4+IExlZnQgYWxvbmUgaXQgdHVybmVkIGludG8gc29tZXRoaW5nIGEg bG90IGxpa2UgYSB0aHJvYmJpbmcgYmVlIHN0aW5nIGFuZA0KPj4gY291bGQgd2FrZSBtZSB1 cCBhdCBuaWdodC4NCj4+DQo+PiBUaGF0J3Mgd2hlbiBJIGRlY2lkZWQgdG8gZmluZCBvdXQg YWJvdXQgaXQuDQo+Pg0KPj4gSSBldmVudHVhbGx5IGhhZCBib3RoIGhhbmRzIGRvbmUgdGhp cyB3YXkuDQo+IEZvciBtZSBpdCB3YXMgbGlrZSBhbiBpbmNyZWRpYmx5IHRpZ2h0IGJhbmQg d2FzIHdyYXBwZWQgYXJvdW5kIG15IHJpZ2h0IHdyaXN0Lg0KDQpUaGF0J3MgdGhlIHBhcnQg dGhleSBjdXQsIGFzIEkgdW5kZXJzdGFuZCBpdC4NCg0KLS0gDQp+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn4NCiJUaGUgd29ybGQncyB0cnV0aCBjb25zdGl0dXRlcyBhIHZpc2lvbiBzbyB0ZXJy aWZ5aW5nIGFzIHRvIGJlZ2dhciB0aGUgcHJvcGhlY2llcyBvZiB0aGUgYmxlYWtlc3Qgc2Vl ciB3aG8gZXZlciB3YWxrZWQgaXQuIg0Kfn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+DQoNCg==

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Scall5@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Sat Sep 2 23:06:19 2023
    On 9/1/2023 7:02 PM, The Iceberg wrote:

I agree. I NEVER wear shoes in my house; why track all the crap your
    shoes pick up at work, on the street, and etc. into your house? Amazing
    that many people do that.
    --
    ---------------
    Scall5

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 2 23:00:05 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 9:06:23 PM UTC-7, Scall5 wrote:

My feet used to bother me after playing tennis until I started noticing >> that some pro's take off their shoes and socks before leaving the court. >> They put on flip-flops or sandals. I started doing that and I noticed

Ah so.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Sun Sep 3 18:56:14 2023
    On 3/09/2023 1:07 am, Sawfish wrote:

playing and during play.

weight.

He'll need it.  I've watched my wife go though agonizing pain, but
    eventually you get better

;^)

No, it was after she proposed and waiting for my decision.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bmoore@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Sun Sep 3 08:54:11 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 6:29:25 PM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote:
    On 9/2/23 5:51 PM, bmoore wrote:
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 5:33:18 PM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote:
    On 9/2/23 4:43 PM, bmoore wrote:
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 12:07:11 PM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote: >>>> On 9/2/23 11:28 AM, bmoore wrote:

Take care Saw.

Mainly I viewed it as an irritant. It had a clear, simple and effective >>>> treatment.

But mainly I was using it as an example of stuff just surfacing all of a
    sudden, just like the kracken in Clash of the Titans.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/treatment-tests-and-therapies/carpal-tunnel-release

I first got it maybe 4-5 years after I retired. Had no clue what it was >> from, or what it was all about. Unexplained numbness in the area of the >> little and ring finger, and on down the hand to the heel of the hand.
    Left alone it turned into something a lot like a throbbing bee sting and >> could wake me up at night.

That's the part they cut, as I understand it.

Any bad effects of that? I presume the band is used for something.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 3 09:42:21 2023
    On 9/2/23 9:06 PM, Scall5 wrote:

playing and during play.

my weight.

that some pro's take off their shoes and socks before leaving the
    court.

Great tip, PWL also try walking around the house bare footed as much
    as possible to strengthen your arches and toughen up your foot base.

shoes pick up at work, on the street, and etc. into your house?
    Amazing that many people do that.

That's basically why Japanese people do that. It's not philosophical,
    like some mysterious Eastern ritual.

You dump your shoes on entry, put on house slippers (mine are LL Bean moccasins--just like the Injuns wore...) and you'd feel filthy if you
    wore your street shoes indoors for some reason.

--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don’t have to waste your time voting."

--Charles Bukowski ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 3 09:19:01 2023
    T24gOS8zLzIzIDg6NTQgQU0sIGJtb29yZSB3cm90ZToNCj4gT24gU2F0dXJkYXksIFNlcHRl bWJlciAyLCAyMDIzIGF0IDY6Mjk6MjXigK9QTSBVVEMtNywgU2F3ZmlzaCB3cm90ZToNCj4+ IE9uIDkvMi8yMyA1OjUxIFBNLCBibW9vcmUgd3JvdGU6DQo+Pj4gT24gU2F0dXJkYXksIFNl cHRlbWJlciAyLCAyMDIzIGF0IDU6MzM6MTjigK9QTSBVVEMtNywgU2F3ZmlzaCB3cm90ZToN Cj4+Pj4gT24gOS8yLzIzIDQ6NDMgUE0sIGJtb29yZSB3cm90ZToNCj4+Pj4+IE9uIFNhdHVy ZGF5LCBTZXB0ZW1iZXIgMiwgMjAyMyBhdCAxMjowNzoxMeKAr1BNIFVUQy03LCBTYXdmaXNo IHdyb3RlOg0KPj4+Pj4+IE9uIDkvMi8yMyAxMToyOCBBTSwgYm1vb3JlIHdyb3RlOg0KPj4+ Pj4+PiBPbiBTYXR1cmRheSwgU2VwdGVtYmVyIDIsIDIwMjMgYXQgMTA6NDI6MTLigK9BTSBV VEMtNywgUGV0ZVdhc0x1Y2t5IHdyb3RlOg0KPj4+Pj4+Pj4gU2F3ZmlzaCA8c2F3ZmkuLi5A Z21haWwuY29tPiBXcm90ZSBpbiBtZXNzYWdlOnINCj4+Pj4+Pj4+PiBPbiA5LzIvMjMgMjo1 MiBBTSwgV2hpc3BlciB3cm90ZTo+IE9uIDIvMDkvMjAyMyA1OjA5IGFtLCBibW9vcmUgd3Jv dGU6Pj4gT24gRnJpZGF5LCBTZXB0ZW1iZXIgMSwgMjAyMyBhdCAxMTo1ODozMSBBTSBVVEMt NywgU2F3ZmlzaCB3cm90ZTo+Pj4gT24gOS8xLzIzIDExOjE4IEFNLCBQZXRlV2FzTHVja3kg d3JvdGU6Pj4+PiBJIGtub3cgaXQncyBzdHVwaWQgOik+Pj4+Pj4+PiBJIHN0YXJ0ZWQgdG8g ZmVlbCBwbGFudGFyIGZhc2NpaXRpcyBpbiBteSBsZWZ0IGZvb3QgYXJvdW5kIGVuZCBvZiA+ Pj4+IE1heS4gSSBuZXZlciBzdG9wcGVkIHBsYXlpbmcgdGVubmlzIGFuZCBJIGNvdWxkIGJl IG9uIGNvdXJ0IDItMyA+Pj4+IGhvdXJzIHBsYXlpbmcgc2luZ2xlcyAzLTQgdGltZXMgYSB3 ZWVrPj4+Pj4+Pj4gRGVmaW5pdGVseSBpdCBnb3Qgd29yc2UgYnkgdGltZSBhbmQgSSBzdGFy dGVkIHRvIHRha2UgQWR2aWwgYmVmb3JlID4+Pj4gcGxheWluZyBhbmQgZHVyaW5nIHBsYXku Pj4+Pj4+Pj4gUGFpbiBraWxsZXIgaXMgb2theSBmb3IgMzAgbWludXRlcyBtYXhpbXVtIG9u IGNvdXJ0IGJ1dCBhZnRlciB0aGF0ID4+Pj4gSSBhbSBwbGF5aW5nIHZlcnkgY29uc3RyYWlu ZWQuPj4+Pj4+Pj4gQWxzbywgSSBzdGFydGVkIHRvIGhhdmUgbmVydmUgcGFpbiBpbiBteSB3 YWlzdCB0aGF0IEkgYmVsaWV2ZSBpdCA+Pj4+IGhhcyB0byBkbyB3aXRoIHRoZSB3YXkgSSBh bSBmYXZvcmluZyBvbmUgc2lkZSBvZiBteSBib2R5IHRvIGNhcnJ5ID4+Pj4gbXkgd2VpZ2h0 Lj4+Pj4+Pj4+IEkga25vdyBJIG5lZWQgYSBsb25nIGJyZWFrIGJ1dCBJIGRvbid0IHdhbnQg dG8gd2FzdGUgYSB3ZWVrIGJlZm9yZSA+Pj4+IHRoZSBmcmVha2luZyB3aW50ZXIgY29tZXMg aGVyZS4+Pj4+Pj4+PiBIYXZlIGFueSBvZiB5b3UgZXhwZXJpZW5jZSBzb21ldGhpbmcgbGlr ZSB0aGlzIGJlZm9yZT8gQW55ID4+Pj4gc2hvcnRjdXRzIHRvIGdldCB0aGlzIHRvIGhlYWwg cXVpY2tseSB3aXRob3V0IHN0b3BwaW5nIHBsYXlpbmc/IDopPj4+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4+IEkg c2luY2VyZWx5IHdpc2ggeW91IGx1Y2sgd2l0aCB0aGlzLCBQZXRlLj4+Pj4gVGhlIHRoaW5n IGFib3V0IGFzcGlyaW4tbGlrZSBkcnVncyBpcyB0aGF0IHlvdSBjYW4ndCBqdXN0IHNob3Zl ICdlbSA+PiBpbiBsaWtlIHlvdSBjYW4gZG8gd2l0aCBhbnRpYmlvdGljcy4gVGhleSBraWxs IHBhaW4gYnV0IG9ubHkgZm9yIGEgPj4gd2hpbGUuIFNvIHlvdSBjYW4ndCByZWx5IG9uIEFk dmlsIGJlY2F1c2UgaXQgaXQgd2lsbCBzdG9wIHdvcmtpbmcgaWYgPj4geW91IGdvYmJsZSBp dCBkb3duLj4+Pj4gTXkgZmlyc3Qgc3VnZ2VzdGlvbiBpcyB0byBzZWUgeW91ciBkb2N0b3Iu Pj4+PiBTYXcsIG9sZCBtYW4sIHlvdSBhZ3JlZT8+Pj4gV2FzdGUgb2YgdGltZSBpbW8sIGp1 c3QgbmVlZCB0aW1lIHRvIGdldCBiZXR0ZXIuLi4uaWYgaXQgZG9lcy5CdXQgeWVhaCwgdGlt ZSBpcyB3aGF0IGhhcyB0YWtlbiBjYXJlIG9mIHdlaXJkIHRoaW5ncyBJIGdvdCB3aGlsZSBn ZXR0aW5nIG9sZGVyLiBUaGV5IGp1c3QgY29tZSBvdXQgb2YgdGhlIHdvb2R3b3JrLS1ubyBw cmlvciBpbmRpY2F0aW9ucy0tYW5kIHlvdSBkb24ndCBldmVuIGtub3cgd2hhdCB0aGV5IGFy ZSBvciBldmVuIHdoYXQgY2F1c2VkIHRoZW0uIEUuZy4sIEkgaGFkIGluY3JlYXNpbmdseSBw ZXJpb2RzIG9mIG51bWJuZXNzIGluIG15IHJpbmcgZmluZ2VyIGFuZCBteSBsaXR0bGUgZmlu Z2VyIG9mIG15IGxlZnQgaGFuZC4gSXQgaGFwcGVuZWQgYXQgbmlnaHQgYW5kIG92ZXIgYSBw ZXJpb2Qgb2YgMi0zIHllYXJzIGV2b2x2ZWQgaW50byBvdXRyaWdodCBwYWluLCBlbm91Z2gg dG8gd2FrZSBtZSB1cC5UdXJuZWQgb3V0IHRvIGJlIGNhcnBhbCB0dW5uZWwgc3luZHJvbWUu IFRIZXJlIGlzIGEgc2ltcGxlIG91dHBhdGllbnQgc3VyZ2VyeSBkb25lIG9uIHRoZSBiYXNl IG9mIHRoZSBoZWVsIG9mIHlvdXIgaGFuZCwgYW5kIGxpa2UgbWFnaWMgaXQncyBnb25lLjUg eWVhcnMgbGF0ZXIgdGhlIHJpZ2h0IGhhbmQgZGlkIHRoZSBzYW1lIHRoaW5nIGFuZCBpdCB0 b28gd2FzIGNhcnBhbCB0dW5uZWwuIFRIZSBzdXJnZXJ5IHRvb2sgY2FyZSBvZiBpdCwgYnV0 IHdpdGhpbiB0aGUgbGFzdCAzIHllYXJzIHRoZXJlJ3MgYmVlbiBmdXJ0aGVyIG5lcnZlIGRl dGVyaW9yYXRpb24gb2YgYW5vdGhlciBraW5kLiBUaGlzIHdvdWxkIHJlcXVpcmUgc3VyZ2Vy eSBvbiB0aGUgZWxib3cuVGltZSB0byBqdXN0IHNheSBmdWNrIGl0Li4udGhlIG1hY2hpbmUg aXMgd2F5IHBhc3Qgd2FycmFudHkuIFRoZSBPIHJpbmdzIGFyZSBvYnZpb3VzbHkgc2hvdC4u LnRoZXkgZG9uJ3QgZXZlbiBtYWtlIHRoZSBwYXJ0cyBhbnltb3JlLCB5b3UnZCBoYXZlIHRv IGJ1eSB1c2VkIG9uIGVCYXkuVGhlcmUgaGF2ZSBiZWVuIG90aGVyIHN1Y2ggdmVyeSBhbm5v eWluZyB0aGluZ3MgdGhhdCBqdXN0IGNvbWUgZm9yIG5vIHJlYXNvbiwgYW5kIGFmdGVyIDEt MiB5ZWFycyB0aGV5IGdvIGF3YXkgYXMgbXlzdGVyaW91c2x5IGFzIHRoZXkgY2FtZSwgbmV2 ZXIgdG8gcmV0dXJuIChzbyBmYXIpLiBBdCBmaXJzdCBJJ2QgZ2V0IHRoZW0gZGlhZ25vc2Vk LCBidXQgSSBkb24ndCBib3RoZXIgYW55IG1vcmUuRm9yIG1lIHRoZSBhZ2UgdGhyZXNob2xk IGZvciB0aGlzIHNvcnQgb2Ygbm9uc2Vuc2Ugd2FzIH41NS02MC4gTmVlZGxlc3MgdG8gc2F5 LCBpdCdzIGFsbCBkb3duaGlsbCBmcm9tIHRoZXJlLi0tIH5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ flNhd2Zpc2g6IEhlIHRhbGtzIHRoZSB0YWxrLi4uYnV0IGRvZXMgaGUgd2FsayB0aGUgd2Fs az9+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn4NCj4+Pj4+Pj4+IDopDQo+Pj4+Pj4+Pg0KPj4+Pj4+ Pj4gVGFrZSBjYXJlIFNhdy4NCj4+Pj4+Pj4+DQo+Pj4+Pj4+PiBCdXQgbWF5YmUgdGhlIHBh aW4gaW4gZmluZ2VycyBhbmQgd3Jpc3QgYXJlIGNhdXNlZCBieSB3cml0aW5nIGFsbCB0aGVz ZSBsb25nIHBvc3RzIGFuZCBJIGFtIHN1cmUgeW91IHdlcmUgZG9pbmcgc29tZSBraW5kIG9m IHdyaXRpbmcgdG9vIChwcm9mZXNzaW9uYWxseSkgdG9vLg0KPj4+Pj4+PiBBIGxvdCBvZiBp dCBpcyB3aGF0IGFuZ2xlIHlvdSBob2xkIHlvdXIgaGFuZHMgYXQgd2hlbiB1c2luZyB0aGUg a2V5Ym9hcmQgYW5kIG1vdXNlLg0KPj4+Pj4+Pg0KPj4+Pj4+PiBJZiB5b3UndmUgaGFkIGNh cnBhbCB0dW5uZWwgeW91IGtub3cgaXQgc3Vja3MuDQo+Pj4+Pj4gTWFpbmx5IEkgdmlld2Vk IGl0IGFzIGFuIGlycml0YW50LiBJdCBoYWQgYSBjbGVhciwgc2ltcGxlIGFuZCBlZmZlY3Rp dmUNCj4+Pj4+PiB0cmVhdG1lbnQuDQo+Pj4+PiBpbnRlcmVzdGluZy4gSSBoYWQgaXQgZm9y IGFib3V0IDIgd2Vla3MuIFRoaXMgaG9ycmlibGUgZmVlbGluZyBpbiBteSB3cmlzdC4gSXQg cG9wcGVkIHVwIG91dCBvZiBub3doZXJlIGJ1dCBJIGtuZXcgdGhlIGNhdXNlLiBJIHVzZWQg aWNlIGFuZCBpYnVwcm9mZW4gYW5kIHJvZGUgaXQgb3V0LCBhbmQgY2hhbmdlZCBteSB3b3Jr IGhhYml0cy4gQWxsIGlzIHdlbGwgZm9yIHllYXJzIG5vdy4gV2FzIHN1cGVyIHBhaW5mdWwg dGhvdWdoLg0KPj4+Pj4NCj4+Pj4+PiBCdXQgbWFpbmx5IEkgd2FzIHVzaW5nIGl0IGFzIGFu IGV4YW1wbGUgb2Ygc3R1ZmYganVzdCBzdXJmYWNpbmcgYWxsIG9mIGENCj4+Pj4+PiBzdWRk ZW4sIGp1c3QgbGlrZSB0aGUga3JhY2tlbiBpbiBDbGFzaCBvZiB0aGUgVGl0YW5zLg0KPj4+ Pj4gOi0pDQo+Pj4+Pg0KPj4+PiBNb3JlIHRoYW4geW91IHdhbnRlZCB0byBrbm93Li4uIDpe KQ0KPj4+Pg0KPj4+PiBodHRwczovL3d3dy5ob3BraW5zbWVkaWNpbmUub3JnL2hlYWx0aC90 cmVhdG1lbnQtdGVzdHMtYW5kLXRoZXJhcGllcy9jYXJwYWwtdHVubmVsLXJlbGVhc2UNCj4+ Pj4NCj4+Pj4gSSBmaXJzdCBnb3QgaXQgbWF5YmUgNC01IHllYXJzIGFmdGVyIEkgcmV0aXJl ZC4gSGFkIG5vIGNsdWUgd2hhdCBpdCB3YXMNCj4+Pj4gZnJvbSwgb3Igd2hhdCBpdCB3YXMg YWxsIGFib3V0LiBVbmV4cGxhaW5lZCBudW1ibmVzcyBpbiB0aGUgYXJlYSBvZiB0aGUNCj4+ Pj4gbGl0dGxlIGFuZCByaW5nIGZpbmdlciwgYW5kIG9uIGRvd24gdGhlIGhhbmQgdG8gdGhl IGhlZWwgb2YgdGhlIGhhbmQuDQo+Pj4+IExlZnQgYWxvbmUgaXQgdHVybmVkIGludG8gc29t ZXRoaW5nIGEgbG90IGxpa2UgYSB0aHJvYmJpbmcgYmVlIHN0aW5nIGFuZA0KPj4+PiBjb3Vs ZCB3YWtlIG1lIHVwIGF0IG5pZ2h0Lg0KPj4+Pg0KPj4+PiBUaGF0J3Mgd2hlbiBJIGRlY2lk ZWQgdG8gZmluZCBvdXQgYWJvdXQgaXQuDQo+Pj4+DQo+Pj4+IEkgZXZlbnR1YWxseSBoYWQg Ym90aCBoYW5kcyBkb25lIHRoaXMgd2F5Lg0KPj4+IEZvciBtZSBpdCB3YXMgbGlrZSBhbiBp bmNyZWRpYmx5IHRpZ2h0IGJhbmQgd2FzIHdyYXBwZWQgYXJvdW5kIG15IHJpZ2h0IHdyaXN0 Lg0KPj4gVGhhdCdzIHRoZSBwYXJ0IHRoZXkgY3V0LCBhcyBJIHVuZGVyc3RhbmQgaXQuDQo+ IEFueSBiYWQgZWZmZWN0cyBvZiB0aGF0PyBJIHByZXN1bWUgdGhlIGJhbmQgaXMgdXNlZCBm b3Igc29tZXRoaW5nLg0KDQpObyBiYWQgZWZmZWN0cy4NCg0KVGhhdCdzIG1pbmQtYmxvd2lu ZywgaXNuJ3QgaXQ/IFRIYXQgeW91IGNhbiBzaW1wbHkgY3V0IHRoZSBmaWJyb3VzIGJhbmQg DQp0aGF0IGJ1bmRsZXMgdGhlIG5lcnZlcyBhbmQgdGVuZG9ucywgYW5kIGhhcyBldm9sdmVk IHRvIHRoaXMgDQpjb25maWd1cmF0aW9uIGZvciB3aG8ga25vd3MgaG93IGxvbmcuDQoNClRo ZSBvcGVyYXRpb24gaXMgdHJhbnNwYXJlbnQuIFNpbmNlIHRoZSBzY2FycyBhcmUgaW4gdGhl IG1ham9yIGNyZWFzZSBpbiANCnRoZSBoZWVsL3BhbG0sIHlvdSBoYXZlIHRvIHdvcmsgaGFy ZCB0byBldmVuIHNlZSBpdC4NCg0KSSBraW5kYSB3b25kZXIgaWYgdGhlIGJhbmQgcmUtaGVh bHMsIGJ1dCB0aGUgaW50ZXJuYWwgc2NhciB0aXNzdWUgbWFrZXMgDQp0aGUgaW50ZXJpb3Ig Y2lyY3VtZmVyZW5jZSBvZiB0aGUgYmFuZCBsYXJnZXIsIHJlbGlldmluZyBhbnkgcHJlc3N1 cmUuDQoNCkkgaGF2ZW4ndCBiZWVuIG1vdGl2YXRlZCBlbm91Z2ggdG8gcmVhZCB1cCBvbiBp dC4NCg0KLS0gDQotLVNhd2Zpc2gNCn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fg0KICAgICAgICAi V291bGQgc29tZW9uZSBwbGVhc2UgdGVsbCBtZSB3aGF0ICdkaWRkeS13YWgtZGlkZHknIG1l YW5zPyINCn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fg0KDQo=

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Sun Sep 3 18:43:41 2023
    On 9/2/23 9:06 PM, Scall5 wrote:> On 9/1/2023 7:02 PM, The Iceberg wrote:>> On Friday, 1 September 2023 at 23:28:56 UTC+1, Scall5 wrote:>>> On 9/1/2023 1:18 PM, PeteWasLucky wrote:>>>> I know it's stupid :)>>>>>>>> I started to feel plantar fasciitis
    in my left foot around end of >>>> May. I never stopped playing tennis and I could be on court 2-3 >>>> hours playing singles 3-4 times a week>>>>>>>> Definitely it got worse by time and I started to take Advil before >>>> playing and during play.>>>>>>>>
    Pain killer is okay for 30 minutes maximum on court but after that >>>> I am playing very constrained.>>>>>>>> Also, I started to have nerve pain in my waist that I believe it >>>> has to do with the way I am favoring one side of my body to carry >>>>
    my weight.>>>>>>>> I know I need a long break but I don't want to waste a week before >>>> the freaking winter comes here.>>>>>>>> Have any of you experience something like this before? Any >>>> shortcuts to get this to heal quickly without stopping
    playing? :)>>> My feet used to bother me after playing tennis until I started noticing>>> that some pro's take off their shoes and socks before leaving the >>> court.>>> They put on flip-flops or sandals. I started doing that and I noticed>>> that it
    allowed my feet to recover much faster (cooling them and>>> stretching them out I assume). Might want to try that.>>>> Great tip, PWL also try walking around the house bare footed as much >> as possible to strengthen your arches and toughen up your foot
    base.>> I agree. I NEVER wear shoes in my house; why track all the crap your > shoes pick up at work, on the street, and etc. into your house? > Amazing that many people do that.That's basically why Japanese people do that. It's not philosophical, like
    some mysterious Eastern ritual.You dump your shoes on entry, put on house slippers (mine are LL Bean moccasins--just like the Injuns wore...) and you'd feel filthy if you wore your street shoes indoors for some reason.

But who does that?

I've never heard of anyone doing it for real.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to Whisper on Sun Sep 3 09:50:48 2023
    On 9/3/23 1:56 AM, Whisper wrote:
    On 3/09/2023 1:07 am, Sawfish wrote:

playing and during play.

my weight.

He'll need it.  I've watched my wife go though agonizing pain, but
    eventually you get better

;^)

No, it was after she proposed and waiting for my decision.

Touché!

--
    "Would someone please tell me what 'diddy-wah-diddy' means?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 3 09:51:50 2023
    T24gOS8zLzIzIDk6NDMgQU0sICpza3JpcHRpcyB3cm90ZToNCj4gU2F3ZmlzaCA8c2F3Zmlz aDY2NkBnbWFpbC5jb20+IFdyb3RlIGluIG1lc3NhZ2U6cg0KPj4gT24gOS8yLzIzIDk6MDYg UE0sIFNjYWxsNSB3cm90ZTo+IE9uIDkvMS8yMDIzIDc6MDIgUE0sIFRoZSBJY2ViZXJnIHdy b3RlOj4+IE9uIEZyaWRheSwgMSBTZXB0ZW1iZXIgMjAyMyBhdCAyMzoyODo1NiBVVEMrMSwg U2NhbGw1IHdyb3RlOj4+PiBPbiA5LzEvMjAyMyAxOjE4IFBNLCBQZXRlV2FzTHVja3kgd3Jv dGU6Pj4+PiBJIGtub3cgaXQncyBzdHVwaWQgOik+Pj4+Pj4+PiBJIHN0YXJ0ZWQgdG8gZmVl bCBwbGFudGFyIGZhc2NpaXRpcyBpbiBteSBsZWZ0IGZvb3QgYXJvdW5kIGVuZCBvZiA+Pj4+ IE1heS4gSSBuZXZlciBzdG9wcGVkIHBsYXlpbmcgdGVubmlzIGFuZCBJIGNvdWxkIGJlIG9u IGNvdXJ0IDItMyA+Pj4+IGhvdXJzIHBsYXlpbmcgc2luZ2xlcyAzLTQgdGltZXMgYSB3ZWVr Pj4+Pj4+Pj4gRGVmaW5pdGVseSBpdCBnb3Qgd29yc2UgYnkgdGltZSBhbmQgSSBzdGFydGVk IHRvIHRha2UgQWR2aWwgYmVmb3JlID4+Pj4gcGxheWluZyBhbmQgZHVyaW5nIHBsYXkuPj4+ Pj4+Pj4gUGFpbiBraWxsZXIgaXMgb2theSBmb3IgMzAgbWludXRlcyBtYXhpbXVtIG9uIGNv dXJ0IGJ1dCBhZnRlciB0aGF0ID4+Pj4gSSBhbSBwbGF5aW5nIHZlcnkgY29uc3RyYWluZWQu Pj4+Pj4+Pj4gQWxzbywgSSBzdGFydGVkIHRvIGhhdmUgbmVydmUgcGFpbiBpbiBteSB3YWlz dCB0aGF0IEkgYmVsaWV2ZSBpdCA+Pj4+IGhhcyB0byBkbyB3aXRoIHRoZSB3YXkgSSBhbSBm YXZvcmluZyBvbmUgc2lkZSBvZiBteSBib2R5IHRvIGNhcnJ5ID4+Pj4gbXkgd2VpZ2h0Lj4+ Pj4+Pj4+IEkga25vdyBJIG5lZWQgYSBsb25nIGJyZWFrIGJ1dCBJIGRvbid0IHdhbnQgdG8g d2FzdGUgYSB3ZWVrIGJlZm9yZSA+Pj4+IHRoZSBmcmVha2luZyB3aW50ZXIgY29tZXMgaGVy ZS4+Pj4+Pj4+PiBIYXZlIGFueSBvZiB5b3UgZXhwZXJpZW5jZSBzb21ldGhpbmcgbGlrZSB0 aGlzIGJlZm9yZT8gQW55ID4+Pj4gc2hvcnRjdXRzIHRvIGdldCB0aGlzIHRvIGhlYWwgcXVp Y2tseSB3aXRob3V0IHN0b3BwaW5nIHBsYXlpbmc/IDopPj4+IE15IGZlZXQgdXNlZCB0byBi b3RoZXIgbWUgYWZ0ZXIgcGxheWluZyB0ZW5uaXMgdW50aWwgSSBzdGFydGVkIG5vdGljaW5n Pj4+IHRoYXQgc29tZSBwcm8ncyB0YWtlIG9mZiB0aGVpciBzaG9lcyBhbmQgc29ja3MgYmVm b3JlIGxlYXZpbmcgdGhlID4+PiBjb3VydC4+Pj4gVGhleSBwdXQgb24gZmxpcC1mbG9wcyBv ciBzYW5kYWxzLiBJIHN0YXJ0ZWQgZG9pbmcgdGhhdCBhbmQgSSBub3RpY2VkPj4+IHRoYXQg aXQgYWxsb3dlZCBteSBmZWV0IHRvIHJlY292ZXIgbXVjaCBmYXN0ZXIgKGNvb2xpbmcgdGhl bSBhbmQ+Pj4gc3RyZXRjaGluZyB0aGVtIG91dCBJIGFzc3VtZSkuIE1pZ2h0IHdhbnQgdG8g dHJ5IHRoYXQuPj4+PiBHcmVhdCB0aXAsIFBXTCBhbHNvIHRyeSB3YWxraW5nIGFyb3VuZCB0 aGUgaG91c2UgYmFyZSBmb290ZWQgYXMgbXVjaCA+PiBhcyBwb3NzaWJsZSB0byBzdHJlbmd0 aGVuIHlvdXIgYXJjaGVzIGFuZCB0b3VnaGVuIHVwIHlvdXIgZm9vdCBiYXNlLj4+IEkgYWdy ZWUuIEkgTkVWRVIgd2VhciBzaG9lcyBpbiBteSBob3VzZTsgd2h5IHRyYWNrIGFsbCB0aGUg Y3JhcCB5b3VyID4gc2hvZXMgcGljayB1cCBhdCB3b3JrLCBvbiB0aGUgc3RyZWV0LCBhbmQg ZXRjLiBpbnRvIHlvdXIgaG91c2U/ID4gQW1hemluZyB0aGF0IG1hbnkgcGVvcGxlIGRvIHRo YXQuVGhhdCdzIGJhc2ljYWxseSB3aHkgSmFwYW5lc2UgcGVvcGxlIGRvIHRoYXQuIEl0J3Mg bm90IHBoaWxvc29waGljYWwsIGxpa2Ugc29tZSBteXN0ZXJpb3VzIEVhc3Rlcm4gcml0dWFs LllvdSBkdW1wIHlvdXIgc2hvZXMgb24gZW50cnksIHB1dCBvbiBob3VzZSBzbGlwcGVycyAo bWluZSBhcmUgTEwgQmVhbiBtb2NjYXNpbnMtLWp1c3QgbGlrZSB0aGUgSW5qdW5zIHdvcmUu Li4pIGFuZCB5b3UnZCBmZWVsIGZpbHRoeSBpZiB5b3Ugd29yZSB5b3VyIHN0cmVldCBzaG9l cyBpbmRvb3JzIGZvciBzb21lIHJlYXNvbi4NCj4NCj4gQnV0IHdobyBkb2VzIHRoYXQ/DQo+ DQo+IEkndmUgbmV2ZXIgaGVhcmQgb2YgYW55b25lIGRvaW5nIGl0IGZvciByZWFsLg0KPg0K Pg0KPg0KPg0KV2hvIGRvZXMgd2hhdCwgc2tyaXB0Pw0KDQotLSANCn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fg0KIkdvb2RuZXNzIGNvdWxkIGJlIGZvdW5kIHNvbWV0aW1lcyBpbiB0aGUgbWlk ZGxlIG9mIGhlbGwuIg0KDQotLUNoYXJsZXMgQnVrb3dza2kNCn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fg0KDQo=

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Sun Sep 3 09:49:45 2023
    On 9/2/23 11:00 PM, Gracchus wrote:

My feet used to bother me after playing tennis until I started noticing >>>> that some pro's take off their shoes and socks before leaving the court. >>>> They put on flip-flops or sandals. I started doing that and I noticed
    Ah so.

Since you're into Japanese customs his AM, here's an interesting aside...

As a kid do you remember Charlie Chan movies, where this inscrutable
    oriental Sherlock Holmes solved mysteries, often with the help of his
    "Number One Son"?

Well, he's supposed to be Chinese, but in those days white America
    didn't much discern the difference between Chinese and Japanese (still
    don't, really, but it's unimportant), but get this:

You recall the major league baseball player, Ichiro Suzuki? Well, guess
    what "Ichiro" means?

Yep, that's right...

A very common name in Japan.

--
    "He who talks the talk must also walk the walk."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gapp111@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 3 10:54:03 2023
    On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 1:49:27 PM UTC-4, *skriptis wrote:
    Sawfish <sawfi...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
    Who does what, skript?

Who enters the house with his shoes on?

It has to be some kind of maniac, no?
    --

Not injuns, not even the east asian ones!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Sun Sep 3 10:56:11 2023
    On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 9:49:48 AM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote:

My feet used to bother me after playing tennis until I started noticing >>>> that some pro's take off their shoes and socks before leaving the court.
    They put on flip-flops or sandals. I started doing that and I noticed >>>> that it allowed my feet to recover much faster (cooling them and
    shoes pick up at work, on the street, and etc. into your house? Amazing >> that many people do that.
    Ah so.

As a kid do you remember Charlie Chan movies, where this inscrutable oriental Sherlock Holmes solved mysteries, often with the help of his "Number One Son"?

didn't much discern the difference between Chinese and Japanese (still don't, really, but it's unimportant), but get this:

what "Ichiro" means?

Yep, that's right...

Japanese culture remains very elusive for Americans. But there have been some interesting western television series in the last few years set partially in Japan. A recent one is "Drops of God," an unlikely limited series about a French woman and Japanese
    man competing to inherit the world's most valuable wine collection. Another is "Tokyo Vice," about a Jewish American guy working as a crime reporter in Japan. This one is *loosely* based on a memoir of the same name. One more is Giri/Haji, with action
    split between Japan and the UK. I liked the first season quite a bit. Unfortunately, it wasn't renewed.

Interestingly, when filming this, the Japanese actors objected that native Japanese traveling abroad would never enter someone's home without removing their shoes. So the scenes were altered on their advice.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15282746/ https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2887954/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8001106/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 3 11:06:24 2023
    On 9/3/23 10:49 AM, *skriptis wrote:
    Sawfish <sawfish666@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
    Who does what, skript?

Lots of people in the US do. Most, I'd say.

It's guaranteed to be dirty.

--
    "I done created myself a monster."

--Juan Carlos Ferrero ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Sun Sep 3 19:49:19 2023
    Sawfish <sawfish666@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
    Who does what, skript?

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Sun Sep 3 11:25:33 2023
    On 9/3/23 10:56 AM, Gracchus wrote:
    On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 9:49:48 AM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote:

My feet used to bother me after playing tennis until I started noticing >>>>>> that some pro's take off their shoes and socks before leaving the court. >>>>>> They put on flip-flops or sandals. I started doing that and I noticed >>>>>> that it allowed my feet to recover much faster (cooling them and
    shoes pick up at work, on the street, and etc. into your house? Amazing >>>> that many people do that.
    Ah so.

As a kid do you remember Charlie Chan movies, where this inscrutable
    oriental Sherlock Holmes solved mysteries, often with the help of his
    "Number One Son"?

didn't much discern the difference between Chinese and Japanese (still
    don't, really, but it's unimportant), but get this:
    what "Ichiro" means?
    Yep, that's right...

Japanese culture remains very elusive for Americans. But there have been some interesting western television series in the last few years set partially in Japan. A recent one is "Drops of God," an unlikely limited series about a French woman and
    Japanese man competing to inherit the world's most valuable wine collection. Another is "Tokyo Vice," about a Jewish American guy working as a crime reporter in Japan. This one is *loosely* based on a memoir of the same name. One more is Giri/Haji, with
    action split between Japan and the UK. I liked the first season quite a bit. Unfortunately, it wasn't renewed.

Interestingly, when filming this, the Japanese actors objected that native Japanese traveling abroad would never enter someone's home without removing their shoes. So the scenes were altered on their advice.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15282746/ https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2887954/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8001106/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Thanks, Gracchus.

Here are some things that may be a bit surprising, and if you think
    about them just a bit, and if you're European, or descended from
    European folk, you can see *profound* cultural differences are implied.

Start with the idea that most eastern Asian cultures
    (Japanese/Chinese/Korean, maybe Vietnamese) recognized an individual's
    name as family name first, followed by individual name. This implies the
    public primacy of the family over the individual, and it's why there's a
    deeply rooted anxiety to not shame one's family. So you might have
    Koboyashi Kenji, or as we'd recognize it Kenji Koboyashi. He'd be
    referred to as "Koboyashi" routinely outside of the home, and hence if
    Kenji fucks up, it's really Koboyashi who fucks up, and he has therefore
    made his family look like shit.

They take this *very* seriously.

Now consider how this inhibits personal initiative; you're scared to
    take any risk, at all. Scared even to be in a position to make a
    decision *in public*. You'll gladly submit to decisions made by others
    because at least your ass, and your family's, is not on the line for responsibility for an error.

Now it's possible that Koboyashi might have been the first born male.
    Maybe he'd not be Kenji, but Ichiro, son number one.

Does this strike you as lacking in imagination? Not descriptive or even
    named after a hero or saint, implying these qualities for the young
    male. But what it *does* do is to establish a hierarchy, a status,
    within the family.

So it seems to be a status conscious society that fears being wrong
    publicly and will take extraordinary steps to avoid that possibility.

There are other equally profound and deep differences. E.g., most
    Japanese family names that I've encountered are descriptive place
    names--not cities/towns, necessarily but more along the lines of "edge
    of the river" or "mountain forest". So no blood lineage information is
    passed in the surname.

--
    "I done created myself a monster."

--Juan Carlos Ferrero ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bmoore@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Mon Sep 4 09:10:04 2023
    On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 9:19:05 AM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote:
    On 9/3/23 8:54 AM, bmoore wrote:
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 6:29:25 PM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote:
    On 9/2/23 5:51 PM, bmoore wrote:
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 5:33:18 PM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote: >>>> On 9/2/23 4:43 PM, bmoore wrote:
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 12:07:11 PM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote: >>>>>> On 9/2/23 11:28 AM, bmoore wrote:

Take care Saw.

Mainly I viewed it as an irritant. It had a clear, simple and effective
    treatment.
    interesting. I had it for about 2 weeks. This horrible feeling in my wrist. It popped up out of nowhere but I knew the cause. I used ice and ibuprofen and rode it out, and changed my work habits. All is well for years now. Was super painful
    though.

But mainly I was using it as an example of stuff just surfacing all of a
    sudden, just like the kracken in Clash of the Titans.

I first got it maybe 4-5 years after I retired. Had no clue what it was >>>> from, or what it was all about. Unexplained numbness in the area of the >>>> little and ring finger, and on down the hand to the heel of the hand. >>>> Left alone it turned into something a lot like a throbbing bee sting and
    could wake me up at night.

That's the part they cut, as I understand it.
    Any bad effects of that? I presume the band is used for something.
    No bad effects.

That's mind-blowing, isn't it?

Yes.

THat you can simply cut the fibrous band
    that bundles the nerves and tendons, and has evolved to this
    configuration for who knows how long.

The operation is transparent. Since the scars are in the major crease in
    the heel/palm, you have to work hard to even see it.

I kinda wonder if the band re-heals, but the internal scar tissue makes
    the interior circumference of the band larger, relieving any pressure.

I haven't been motivated enough to read up on it.

--
    --Sawfish ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Would someone please tell me what 'diddy-wah-diddy' means?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05