• Tsi, I need a big hug....

From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 30 15:44:18 2023
    Where is Badosa? Bring me Badosa?

Tsitsi was heard crying something similar..
    --

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 30 17:38:28 2023
    On Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 8:22:07 PM UTC-4, Scall5 wrote:
    On 8/30/2023 2:44 PM, PeteWasLucky wrote:

Can't really blame him for that...
    --
    ---------------
    Scall5

Sure, I can't blame him for the way he chose to live his life choosing to party with a Spanish girl while he achieved nothing of what he was supposed to achieve based on his talent.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Scall5@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Wed Aug 30 19:22:03 2023

--
    ---------------
    Scall5

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Wed Aug 30 20:56:04 2023
    On Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 8:38:30 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:

--
    ---------------
    Scall5

Sure, I can't blame him for the way he chose to live his life choosing to party with a Spanish girl while he achieved nothing of what he was supposed to achieve based on his talent.

Yes, as a fan of his game, I agree that his trajectory has been going the wrong way for a couple of years but we must remember, he's 25 years old and has earned over $27 million in prize money alone. Can we really call him any kind of failure? Let's get
    real.

He doesn't owe fans anything. It's his life. He just sacked his dad so he's at least trying to improve. I think he needs to get rid of Philippoussis. I feel he needs to get a former grand slam champion as a coach. But again, it's easy for us to sit and
    criticize his decisions when he's earned $27 million in prize money and who knows how much more in endorsements at age 25!

Hopefully, he'll figure out a correct formula so that he can play better tennis again. He's one of the only current players I'm interested in watching.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 30 21:31:28 2023
    On Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 11:56:06 PM UTC-4, Court_1 wrote:

--
    ---------------
    Scall5

Yes, as a fan of his game, I agree that his trajectory has been going the wrong way for a couple of years but we must remember, he's 25 years old and has earned over $27 million in prize money alone. Can we really call him any kind of failure? Let's
    get real.

He doesn't owe fans anything. It's his life. He just sacked his dad so he's at least trying to improve. I think he needs to get rid of Philippoussis. I feel he needs to get a former grand slam champion as a coach. But again, it's easy for us to sit and
    criticize his decisions when he's earned $27 million in prize money and who knows how much more in endorsements at age 25!

Hopefully, he'll figure out a correct formula so that he can play better tennis again. He's one of the only current players I'm interested in watching.

Money doesn't mean success for everyone, and clearly he isn't happy about his results if you watch his press every time he loses. He thinks he is too good to lose.

He isn't in my list of players to watch any more.

I can watch Sinners, Rune, Alcaraz, and that young Italian guy.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 30 22:22:03 2023
    On Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 8:56:06 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:

--
    ---------------
    Scall5

Yes, as a fan of his game, I agree that his trajectory has been going the wrong way for a couple of years but we must remember, he's 25 years old and has earned over $27 million in prize money alone. Can we really call him any kind of failure? Let's
    get real.

Philippoussis is a bonehead for the ages. Of all retired players, why pick one of the worst court tacticians ever? Serving advice? Greek blood? It's a puzzle.

Yeah, Tsitsipas has made loads of money. Still, it must be a little rough on the ego to be a "next big thing" and then decisively leapfrogged by young Alcaraz.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From me@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Thu Aug 31 00:24:55 2023
    On Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 6:22:05 AM UTC+1, Gracchus wrote:

--
    ---------------
    Scall5

get real.

He doesn't owe fans anything. It's his life. He just sacked his dad so he's at least trying to improve. I think he needs to get rid of Philippoussis. I feel he needs to get a former grand slam champion as a coach. But again, it's easy for us to sit
    and criticize his decisions when he's earned $27 million in prize money and who knows how much more in endorsements at age 25!

Philippoussis is a bonehead for the ages. Of all retired players, why pick one of the worst court tacticians ever? Serving advice? Greek blood? It's a puzzle.

He had a great serve, but I wouldn’t even go to him for advice even on serving. Check out this utter nonsense…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7za27ZVXx8

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Thu Aug 31 08:17:33 2023
    On 8/30/23 10:22 PM, Gracchus wrote:

--
    ---------------
    Scall5

get real.

He doesn't owe fans anything. It's his life. He just sacked his dad so he's at least trying to improve. I think he needs to get rid of Philippoussis. I feel he needs to get a former grand slam champion as a coach. But again, it's easy for us to sit
    and criticize his decisions when he's earned $27 million in prize money and who knows how much more in endorsements at age 25!

Yeah, Tsitsipas has made loads of money. Still, it must be a little rough on the ego to be a "next big thing" and then decisively leapfrogged by young Alcaraz.

Yep.

I saw him as the next big thing the first year he made it deep enough
    into tournaments to have a lot of TV coverage.

He's in danger of being another Ivanesevich. Lots of talent, few big wins.

--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Confidence: the food of the wise man and the liquor of the fool."

--Sawfish ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Thu Aug 31 12:57:27 2023
    On Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 1:22:05 AM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:

--
    ---------------
    Scall5

get real.

I agree. It's probably a Greek connection.

For sure. Tsitsipas has more weaknesses in his game than Alcaraz does.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Thu Aug 31 12:55:47 2023
    On Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 12:31:30 AM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    On Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 11:56:06 PM UTC-4, Court_1 wrote:

--
    ---------------
    Scall5

get real.

Money doesn't mean success for everyone, and clearly he isn't happy about his results if you watch his press every time he loses. He thinks he is too good to lose.

He isn't in my list of players to watch any more.

I can watch Sinners, Rune, Alcaraz, and that young Italian guy.

I'm just saying that as fans we may have a different expectation from a player, an often unrealistic one whereas the player may be content being top 10 but not quite Federer/Djokovic/Nadal material and making multi-millions by age 25.

The fact that he finally got rid of his dad on his team tells me he wants to try and improve things.

For me, his game is still vastly more watchable than those other players you mentioned above.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 1 19:23:13 2023
    On 1/09/2023 5:57 am, Court_1 wrote:
    On Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 1:22:05 AM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:

I agree. It's probably a Greek connection.

For sure. Tsitsipas has more weaknesses in his game than Alcaraz does.

And less strengths too.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05