• Mayor of London officially says White families don't represent real Lon

From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to All on Mon Aug 21 02:51:37 2023
    From the official marketing brand guide for the Mayor of London, the glorious leftist woke hero anti-Trump Sadiq Khan. One photo showed a white couple and their two children out and about in the capital with the London Eye and the Palace of Westminster
    in the background. The caption read: "Doesn't represent real Londoners."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1804338/sadiq-khan-white-family-real-londoners

Sadiq Khan facing calls to resign after website says white family not 'real Londoners'
    The Labour politician has come under fire for the picture caption.

Sadiq Khan is facing calls to resign after his official website said a photo of a white family “doesn’t represent real Londoners”.

The London Mayor has come under fire for the message, which appeared in a branding guide on the Greater London Authority (GLA) website.

A spokesperson for Mr Khan insisted the picture caption was added "in error" and the document has now been taken down.

But critics of the Labour politician are calling on him to step down over the row.

Reform UK London mayoral candidate Howard Cox told TalkTV: "He should resign immediately. I'm sorry to say he is racist.

"I'm a white man, I've got a family, all white, and they are typical Londoners. I was born and bred in London. How dare he say we're not typical Londoners."

Reform UK leader Richard Tice added: "Resign you racist Sadiq Khan. Take some responsibility for a change."

Former Brexit Party MEP Ben Habib added: "If anyone in office said ethnic minorities do not represent Londoners, they’d be out on their ear in five seconds flat. Sadiq Khan should resign."

The guide included various pictures of examples of what should and should not be used while marketing Mr Khan and City Hall.

One showed a white couple and their two children out and about in the capital with the London Eye and the Palace of Westminster in the background.

The caption read: "Doesn't represent real Londoners."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Kalevi Kolttonen@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Mon Aug 21 20:30:48 2023
    The Iceberg <iceberg.rules@gmail.com> wrote:
    Reform UK London mayoral candidate Howard Cox told TalkTV:
    "He should resign immediately. I'm sorry to say he is racist.

"I'm a white man, I've got a family, all white, and they
    are typical Londoners. I was born and bred in London. How dare
    he say we're not typical Londoners."

Reform UK leader Richard Tice added: "Resign you racist Sadiq
    Khan. Take some responsibility for a change."

I have to agree with The Iceberg here. I absolutely love London and have
    always immensely enjoyed my visits there. But I certainly do not
    like this Sadiw Khan guy. What a loser... It is *he* who is not
    a "real Londoner".

br,
    KK

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)