• (OT) Gulf Stream could collapse as early as 2025, study suggests

From =?UTF-8?Q?Pelle_Svansl=c3=b6s?=@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 26 21:02:53 2023
    The Gulf Stream system could collapse as soon as 2025, a new study
    suggests. The shutting down of the vital ocean currents, called the
    Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (Amoc) by scientists, would
    bring catastrophic climate impacts.

Amoc was already known to be at its weakest in 1,600 years owing to
    global heating and researchers spotted warning signs of a tipping point
    in 2021.

The new analysis estimates a timescale for the collapse of between 2025
    and 2095, with a central estimate of 2050, if global carbon emissions
    are not reduced.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/jul/25/gulf-stream-could-collapse-as-early-as-2025-study-suggests

In 2025, Icebear will be hollering on his Hyde Park soap box "Boo hoo
    hoo! They predicted the stream would by gone by now. Another false
    climate change prediction! I'm ROBBED!"

But ... but ... but ... We can now review what exactly was predicted
    before it didn't happen!

--
    "And off they went, from here to there,
    The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair"
    -- Traditional

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to pelle@svans.los on Wed Jul 26 20:06:16 2023
    Pelle Svanslös <pelle@svans.los> Wrote in message:r
    The Gulf Stream system could collapse as soon as 2025, a new study suggests. The shutting down of the vital ocean currents, called the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (Amoc) by scientists, would bring catastrophic climate impacts.Amoc was
    already known to be at its weakest in 1,600 years owing to global heating and researchers spotted warning signs of a tipping point in 2021.The new analysis estimates a timescale for the collapse of between 2025 and 2095, with a central estimate of 2050,
    if global carbon emissions are not reduced.https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/jul/25/gulf-stream-could-collapse-as-early-as-2025-study-suggestsIn 2025, Icebear will be hollering on his Hyde Park soap box "Boo hoo hoo! They predicted the stream
    would by gone by now. Another false climate change prediction! I'm ROBBED!"But ... but ... but ... We can now review what exactly was predicted before it didn't happen!-- "And off they went, from here to there,The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair"--
    Traditional

Climate mongering?

Jewish agenda.

Verdict:

Completely dismissed!

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 27 01:38:06 2023
    On Wednesday, 26 July 2023 at 19:06:16 UTC+1, *skriptis wrote:
    Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.los> Wrote in message:r
    The Gulf Stream system could collapse as soon as 2025, a new study suggests. The shutting down of the vital ocean currents, called the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (Amoc) by scientists, would bring catastrophic climate impacts.Amoc was
    already known to be at its weakest in 1,600 years owing to global heating and researchers spotted warning signs of a tipping point in 2021.The new analysis estimates a timescale for the collapse of between 2025 and 2095, with a central estimate of 2050,
    if global carbon emissions are not reduced.https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/jul/25/gulf-stream-could-collapse-as-early-as-2025-study-suggestsIn 2025, Icebear will be hollering on his Hyde Park soap box "Boo hoo hoo! They predicted the stream
    would by gone by now. Another false climate change prediction! I'm ROBBED!"But ... but ... but ... We can now review what exactly was predicted before it didn't happen!-- "And off they went, from here to there,The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair"--
    Traditional

Climate mongering?

Jewish agenda.

Verdict:

Completely dismissed!

yeah and apparently according to Pelle, bmoore and co we're the bad guys for saying this hoax won't happen, even though it won't happen! even better when we correctly predicted in 2020 Biden would start a war with Russia prob via the Ukraine we were also
    the bad guys LOL

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 27 01:25:11 2023
    On Wednesday, 26 July 2023 at 19:03:03 UTC+1, Pelle Svanslös wrote:
    Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (Amoc) by scientists, would bring catastrophic climate impacts.

in 2021.

are not reduced.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/jul/25/gulf-stream-could-collapse-as-early-as-2025-study-suggests

before it didn't happen!

Yes cos as always with these lies it's "COULD..." "MIGHT HAPPEN..." "STUDIES SAY..." yet it never does. Yes it will be a totally FALSE prediction, tell you what are you too scared to put £100 to say the gulf stream won't collapse by 2025?

Global cooling or global warming?
    https://i.imgflip.com/7tvy2w.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1e5HAZo4iw
    Inconvenient Truth: 32 Climate Predictions Proven False | Facts Matter

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Thu Jul 27 11:43:51 2023
    The Iceberg <iceberg.rules@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Wednesday, 26 July 2023 at 19:06:16 UTC+1, *skriptis wrote:> Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.los> Wrote in message:r > > The Gulf Stream system could collapse as soon as 2025, a new study suggests. The shutting down of the vital ocean currents, called
    the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (Amoc) by scientists, would bring catastrophic climate impacts.Amoc was already known to be at its weakest in 1,600 years owing to global heating and researchers spotted warning signs of a tipping point in
    2021.The new analysis estimates a timescale for the collapse of between 2025 and 2095, with a central estimate of 2050, if global carbon emissions are not reduced.https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/jul/25/gulf-stream-could-collapse-as-early-as-
    2025-study-suggestsIn 2025, Icebear will be hollering on his Hyde Park soap box "Boo hoo hoo! They predicted the stream would by gone by now. Another false climate change prediction! I'm ROBBED!"But ... but ... but ... We can now review what exactly was
    predicted before it didn't happen!-- "And off they went, from here to there,The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair"-- Traditional > > > > Climate mongering? > > > Jewish agenda. > > > Verdict: > > > Completely dismissed! yeah and apparently according to
    Pelle, bmoore and co we're the bad guys for saying this hoax won't happen, even though it won't happen! even better when we correctly predicted in 2020 Biden would start a war with Russia prob via the Ukraine we were also the bad guys LOL

Yes, but more accurately "continue the war", no? Biden didn't start it in 2022 he merely continued it.

Yes he rejected Putin's peace offer couple of months before Russia's special military operation begun.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/12/08/biden-didnt-accept-putins-red-line-on-ukraine-what-it-means.html

But that was not the start, Obama/Biden/Nulan started the war in 2014 when they deposed government of Ukraine.

Highest US state officials were encouraging street riots and disobedience on the streets of Kiev.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/15/john-mccain-ukraine-protests-support-just-cause

This one is even more hilarious:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-victoria-nuland-wades-into-ukraine-turmoil-over-yanukovich/

UPDATED ON: DECEMBER 11, 2013 / 7:32 AM / CBS/WIRE SERVICES

KIEV -- U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland visited Independence Square in the Ukrainian capital Kiev on Wednesday, the U.S. embassy said, and an opposition leader said she talked to protesters.

Nuland’s highly symbolic appearance in the square came a day after Secretary of State John Kerry issued a strong statement, expressing the United States' "disgust with the decision of Ukrainian authorities to meet the peaceful protest ... with riot
    police, bulldozers, and batons, rather than with respect for democratic rights and human dignity."

Imagine if Putin's officials were leading the January 6th peaceful protests, lol?

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Pelle_Svansl=c3=b6s?=@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Thu Jul 27 15:40:18 2023
    On 27.7.2023 11.25, The Iceberg wrote:

in 2021.

are not reduced.

before it didn't happen!

Yes cos as always with these lies it's "COULD..." "MIGHT HAPPEN..." "STUDIES SAY..." yet it never does. Yes it will be a totally FALSE prediction, tell you what are you too scared to put £100 to say the gulf stream won't collapse by 2025?

Lol. You stepped right into it. Spectacular!

--
    -- Traditional

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 27 07:41:27 2023
    On Thursday, 27 July 2023 at 13:40:24 UTC+1, Pelle Svanslös wrote:
    Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (Amoc) by scientists, would >> bring catastrophic climate impacts.

global heating and researchers spotted warning signs of a tipping point >> in 2021.

The new analysis estimates a timescale for the collapse of between 2025 >> and 2095, with a central estimate of 2050, if global carbon emissions
    are not reduced.

before it didn't happen!

Thanks! we need bmoore and sawfish to please comment too, let's see like this bit :
    "The new analysis estimates a timescale for the collapse of between 2025 and 2095, with a central estimate of 2050, if global carbon emissions are not reduced. Evidence from past collapses indicates changes of temperature of 10C in a few decades,
    although these occurred during ice ages."

Yes, let's make it a time frame up till 2095 becuz we're all dead by then, so no one can blame us if we're wrong. And let's base our estimates on changes during an ICE AGE.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Thu Jul 27 10:38:46 2023
    On 7/27/23 7:41 AM, The Iceberg wrote:
    Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (Amoc) by scientists, would >>>> bring catastrophic climate impacts.

global heating and researchers spotted warning signs of a tipping point >>>> in 2021.

The new analysis estimates a timescale for the collapse of between 2025 >>>> and 2095, with a central estimate of 2050, if global carbon emissions
    are not reduced.

before it didn't happen!

Lol. You stepped right into it. Spectacular
    Thanks! we need bmoore and sawfish to please comment too, let's see like this bit :
    "The new analysis estimates a timescale for the collapse of between 2025 and 2095, with a central estimate of 2050, if global carbon emissions are not reduced. Evidence from past collapses indicates changes of temperature of 10C in a few decades,

Yes, let's make it a time frame up till 2095 becuz we're all dead by then, so no one can blame us if we're wrong. And let's base our estimates on changes during an ICE AGE.

Sure, I'll comment, Ice. I think some people--maybe you--misunderstand
    where I stand on this, and that means I've failed to explain it well enough.

1) The earth's temperature has obviously changed a great deal over
    time--both hotter and colder. We agree on this, right? Slithery
    amphibians to woolly mammoths.

2) We're into a warming trend now. I can tell this *personally*. I've
    had to install A/Cs in my rentals merely to remain competitive. I even
    went so far as to install little ones in my house. I'm too cheap to cool
    the entire house, you see.  Now besides just having to buy A/Cs, I've
    followed the local temps and they are drifting upwards, both summer and
    winter. I've also seen alpine glaciers on the west coast retreat
    dramatically within my lifetime, and if I look at older photos, it's
    more obvious still.

All this is stuff I've seen/felt, personally, and I've come to this
    position from tending toward skepticism because, frankly, I don't trust
    media to report anything in an unbiased manner.

So there's not any doubt in my mind that for at least the last 25 years
    it's gotten warmer where I live. I'm as sure of this as I am that Dylan Mulvaney is a fucked-up male dressing in women's clothing. More sure,
    actually, because I've never seen Mulvaney in person and have to rely on
    the media.

3) It looks to me like this is happening elsewhere, since it makes sense
    to me that a period of consistently warmer temps that's 25 years long is probably not isolated. I'm less sure of this because I haven't seen it personally, but it conforms with my working knowledge of how weather works.

4) Separately I read up on a) former global temperatures like the ones
    that caused tropical vegetation in areas like the Antarctic, the Ice
    Age, etc; b) the mechanism underlying the greenhouse effect--discovered
    in 1824 and repeatedly tested *BEFORE* there was any controversy over
    global warming; c) Milankovitch cycles, which rely on cyclical
    variations of the earth tilt, eccentricity of orbit, and precession.

OK, those in #4b and #4c happen all the time and always have since the
    earth was formed. They are relatively predictable and regular. They
    cause changes in the earth temperature, both upward and downward.

But there's more: there are periods of intense vulcanism such as formed
    the Deccan traps, this too factors into the greenhouse effect. These
    periods can go on for hundreds of thousands of years, and will overlay
    the Milankovitch cycles. They can make it warmer at a time in the cycle
    when it should be getting cooler.

There's also periods of increased solar activity and these too can
    overcome the cycles' trend.

You also get infrequent asteroid strikes, and they cause shorter term disruptions.

All this has been going on since the beginning of the earth and they
    tend to "overlay" the predictable cycles.

And now there's a new one: human extraction of sequestered carbon and
    freeing it as C02. Mainly from energy production and other localized activities. This too, like vulcanism, solar activity, asteroid strikes,
    work counter to the cycles.

So, to me, working independently to piece this stuff together, this
    looks like where we are now.

And I say: so what? Adapt or die. Same as an asteroid strike.

At least the dinosaurs were not whiners about the whole thing. ;^)

Now the arguments about climate change (which seems to me quite obvious)
    are most vehement between parties who hate each other's guts. You have
    Group A who loudly rant, beat their breasts, tear their hair, and rend
    their clothing about the changing climate, and you have Group B, who hates/disrespects Group A for other, independent reasons--many of these
    reasons being very sound, indeed--and who will never agree with Group A
    on anything, even if the Titanic is 45 degrees bow down.

So that's how it looks to me. The phenomenon exists and I've checked
    personally to my satisfaction. The argument comes from Group A, which is composed mostly of panicky barnyard fowl who get scared if an elephant
    farts at the zoo, and jump on any revisionist bandwagon ALL THE TIME, announcing the change, and Group B, who hate them so much that they'd
    never even agree with Group A that it gets dark at night.

So in the beginning of this big "debate", when both Groups heard if it,
    Group A emotionally seized on it for yet another kvetching session, and
    Group B reflexively pushed back at Group B, whom they rightly assess as terminal wusses.

I have never yet read a modern report on what is supposed to be
    happening. I'm trying to assess it independently from pieces.

So far as the prediction about 2025, if forced (gun to head) to choose,
    I'd say (with fair certainty) that it won't happen--that this is more wolf-crying by Group A.

--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "I done created myself a monster."

--Juan Carlos Ferrero ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bmoore@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Thu Jul 27 11:16:06 2023
    On Thursday, July 27, 2023 at 7:41:29 AM UTC-7, The Iceberg wrote:
    Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (Amoc) by scientists, would >> bring catastrophic climate impacts.

global heating and researchers spotted warning signs of a tipping point >> in 2021.

The new analysis estimates a timescale for the collapse of between 2025 >> and 2095, with a central estimate of 2050, if global carbon emissions >> are not reduced.

In 2025, Icebear will be hollering on his Hyde Park soap box "Boo hoo >> hoo! They predicted the stream would by gone by now. Another false

before it didn't happen!

Yes, let's make it a time frame up till 2095 becuz we're all dead by then, so no one can blame us if we're wrong. And let's base our estimates on changes during

"And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet."

"For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Wed Aug 2 01:55:42 2023
    On Thursday, 27 July 2023 at 18:38:51 UTC+1, Sawfish wrote:
    On Wednesday, 26 July 2023 at 19:03:03 UTC+1, Pelle Svanslös wrote: >>>> The Gulf Stream system could collapse as soon as 2025, a new study
    suggests. The shutting down of the vital ocean currents, called the >>>> Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (Amoc) by scientists, would >>>> bring catastrophic climate impacts.

Amoc was already known to be at its weakest in 1,600 years owing to >>>> global heating and researchers spotted warning signs of a tipping point >>>> in 2021.

The new analysis estimates a timescale for the collapse of between 2025 >>>> and 2095, with a central estimate of 2050, if global carbon emissions >>>> are not reduced.

In 2025, Icebear will be hollering on his Hyde Park soap box "Boo hoo >>>> hoo! They predicted the stream would by gone by now. Another false

But ... but ... but ... We can now review what exactly was predicted >>>> before it didn't happen!

where I stand on this, and that means I've failed to explain it well enough.

1) The earth's temperature has obviously changed a great deal over time--both hotter and colder. We agree on this, right? Slithery

the entire house, you see. Now besides just having to buy A/Cs, I've followed the local temps and they are drifting upwards, both summer and winter. I've also seen alpine glaciers on the west coast retreat dramatically within my lifetime, and if I look at older photos, it's
    more obvious still.

position from tending toward skepticism because, frankly, I don't trust media to report anything in an unbiased manner.

it's gotten warmer where I live. I'm as sure of this as I am that Dylan Mulvaney is a fucked-up male dressing in women's clothing. More sure, actually, because I've never seen Mulvaney in person and have to rely on
    the media.

yes you've said this before, but why would you ever be skeptical to it getting warmer in your local area when you witnessed it? it obvious to me, in England our winters now come a bit later in the year and the summers too than they did in the 80's. The
    thing is this is all obvious, the Thames used to freeze in Victorian days, also our hottest summer was 1976 it was crazy and whilst we've had 3 summers since then close to that(with 2018 being the most recent) none of them were as hot as in 1976 and
    importantly 2019-2023 has been nothing like that. Isn't that the case where you are? Also very good point heard recently was that development of building cities bigger and bigger by concreting huge areas and re-routing water from them or putting it
    underground is bound to have an affect locally on the "climate". We've seen big flooding happen here cos of that, like in Louisiana, but that's not CO2 "climate change", that's the effect of building cities.
    Would you say the CO2 "climate change" folks rely on young people having no knowledge of history or this kind of stuff?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Wed Aug 2 11:12:59 2023
    The Iceberg <iceberg.rules@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Thursday, 27 July 2023 at 18:38:51 UTC+1, Sawfish wrote:> On 7/27/23 7:41 AM, The Iceberg wrote: > > On Thursday, 27 July 2023 at 13:40:24 UTC+1, Pelle Svanslös wrote: > >> On 27.7.2023 11.25, The Iceberg wrote: > >>> On Wednesday, 26 July 2023 at
    19:03:03 UTC+1, Pelle Svanslös wrote: > >>>> The Gulf Stream system could collapse as soon as 2025, a new study > >>>> suggests. The shutting down of the vital ocean currents, called the > >>>> Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (Amoc) by
    scientists, would > >>>> bring catastrophic climate impacts. > >>>> > >>>> Amoc was already known to be at its weakest in 1,600 years owing to > >>>> global heating and researchers spotted warning signs of a tipping point > >>>> in 2021. > >>>> > >>>>
    The new analysis estimates a timescale for the collapse of between 2025 > >>>> and 2095, with a central estimate of 2050, if global carbon emissions > >>>> are not reduced. > >>>> > >>>> https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/jul/25/gulf-stream-
    could-collapse-as-early-as-2025-study-suggests > >>>> > >>>> In 2025, Icebear will be hollering on his Hyde Park soap box "Boo hoo > >>>> hoo! They predicted the stream would by gone by now. Another false > >>>> climate change prediction! I'm ROBBED!" > >
    But ... but ... but ... We can now review what exactly was predicted > >>>> before it didn't happen! > >>> Yes cos as always with these lies it's "COULD..." "MIGHT HAPPEN..." "STUDIES SAY..." yet it never does. Yes it will be a totally FALSE
    prediction, tell you what are you too scared to put £100 to say the gulf stream won't collapse by 2025? > >>> > >> Lol. You stepped right into it. Spectacular> > Thanks! we need bmoore and sawfish to please comment too, let's see like this bit : > > "
    The new analysis estimates a timescale for the collapse of between 2025 and 2095, with a central estimate of 2050, if global carbon emissions are not reduced. Evidence from past collapses indicates changes of temperature of 10C in a few decades, although
    these occurred during ice ages." > > > > Yes, let's make it a time frame up till 2095 becuz we're all dead by then, so no one can blame us if we're wrong. And let's base our estimates on changes during an ICE AGE.> Sure, I'll comment, Ice. I think some
    people--maybe you--misunderstand > where I stand on this, and that means I've failed to explain it well enough. > > 1) The earth's temperature has obviously changed a great deal over > time--both hotter and colder. We agree on this, right? Slithery >
    amphibians to woolly mammoths. > > 2) We're into a warming trend now. I can tell this *personally*. I've > had to install A/Cs in my rentals merely to remain competitive. I even > went so far as to install little ones in my house. I'm too cheap to cool >
    the entire house, you see. Now besides just having to buy A/Cs, I've > followed the local temps and they are drifting upwards, both summer and > winter. I've also seen alpine glaciers on the west coast retreat > dramatically within my lifetime, and if I
    look at older photos, it's > more obvious still. >> All this is stuff I've seen/felt, personally, and I've come to this > position from tending toward skepticism because, frankly, I don't trust > media to report anything in an unbiased manner. >> So
    there's not any doubt in my mind that for at least the last 25 years > it's gotten warmer where I live. I'm as sure of this as I am that Dylan > Mulvaney is a fucked-up male dressing in women's clothing. More sure, > actually, because I've never seen
    Mulvaney in person and have to rely on > the media. yes you've said this before, but why would you ever be skeptical to it getting warmer in your local area when you witnessed it? it obvious to me, in England our winters now come a bit later in the year
    and the summers too than they did in the 80's. The thing is this is all obvious, the Thames used to freeze in Victorian days, also our hottest summer was 1976 it was crazy and whilst we've had 3 summers since then close to that(with 2018 being the most
    recent) none of them were as hot as in 1976 and importantly 2019-2023 has been nothing like that. Isn't that the case where you are? Also very good point heard recently was that development of building cities bigger and bigger by concreting huge areas
    and re-routing water from them or putting it underground is bound to have an affect locally on the "climate". We've seen big flooding happen here cos of that, like in Louisiana, but that's not CO2 "climate change", that's the effect of building cities.
    Would you say the CO2 "climate change" folks rely on young people having no knowledge of history or this kind of stuff?

Don't forget 8 billions that use heating, industry, farming...

In Victorian age there were 1 billion or so and hardly any industry and farming of present day scale. Far less impact with far less people.

So if anything is "man made", why don't we start blaming most populous countries?

When will e.g. India apologize to the world and pay hefty fines for having so many people?

Look at the US leftist Jewish dominated media reaction to India becoming #1 in people?

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2023/06/08/1180454049/india-is-now-the-worlds-most-populous-nation-and-thats-not-necessarily-a-bad-thing

It's not a bad thing that India swarms the world? Ok.

But when whites need to reproduce or merely maintain their levels, then the same outlet goes like this?

https://www.npr.org/2016/08/18/479349760/should-we-be-having-kids-in-the-age-of-climate-change

"Here's a provocative thought: Maybe we should protect our kids by not having them," Rieder says.

Let's not exist and also let India swarm the world.

That's the message, no?

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 2 03:36:42 2023
    On Wednesday, 2 August 2023 at 10:13:02 UTC+1, *skriptis wrote:
    The Iceberg <iceber...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Thursday, 27 July 2023 at 18:38:51 UTC+1, Sawfish wrote:> On 7/27/23 7:41 AM, The Iceberg wrote: > > On Thursday, 27 July 2023 at 13:40:24 UTC+1, Pelle Svanslös wrote: > >> On 27.7.2023 11.25, The Iceberg wrote: > >>> On Wednesday, 26 July 2023
    at 19:03:03 UTC+1, Pelle Svanslös wrote: > >>>> The Gulf Stream system could collapse as soon as 2025, a new study > >>>> suggests. The shutting down of the vital ocean currents, called the > >>>> Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (Amoc) by
    scientists, would > >>>> bring catastrophic climate impacts. > >>>> > >>>> Amoc was already known to be at its weakest in 1,600 years owing to > >>>> global heating and researchers spotted warning signs of a tipping point > >>>> in 2021. > >>>> > >>>>
    The new analysis estimates a timescale for the collapse of between 2025 > >>>> and 2095, with a central estimate of 2050, if global carbon emissions > >>>> are not reduced. > >>>> > >>>> https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/jul/25/gulf-stream-
    could-collapse-as-early-as-2025-study-suggests > >>>> > >>>> In 2025, Icebear will be hollering on his Hyde Park soap box "Boo hoo > >>>> hoo! They predicted the stream would by gone by now. Another false > >>>> climate change prediction! I'm ROBBED!" > >
    But ... but ... but ... We can now review what exactly was predicted > >>>> before it didn't happen! > >>> Yes cos as always with these lies it's "COULD..." "MIGHT HAPPEN..." "STUDIES SAY..." yet it never does. Yes it will be a totally FALSE
    prediction, tell you what are you too scared to put £100 to say the gulf stream won't collapse by 2025? > >>> > >> Lol. You stepped right into it. Spectacular> > Thanks! we need bmoore and sawfish to please comment too, let's see like this bit : > > "
    The new analysis estimates a timescale for the collapse of between 2025 and 2095, with a central estimate of 2050, if global carbon emissions are not reduced. Evidence from past collapses indicates changes of temperature of 10C in a few decades, although
    these occurred during ice ages." > > > > Yes, let's make it a time frame up till 2095 becuz we're all dead by then, so no one can blame us if we're wrong. And let's base our estimates on changes during an ICE AGE.> Sure, I'll comment, Ice. I think some
    people--maybe you--misunderstand > where I stand on this, and that means I've failed to explain it well enough. > > 1) The earth's temperature has obviously changed a great deal over > time--both hotter and colder. We agree on this, right? Slithery >
    amphibians to woolly mammoths. > > 2) We're into a warming trend now. I can tell this *personally*. I've > had to install A/Cs in my rentals merely to remain competitive. I even > went so far as to install little ones in my house. I'm too cheap to cool >
    the entire house, you see. Now besides just having to buy A/Cs, I've > followed the local temps and they are drifting upwards, both summer and > winter. I've also seen alpine glaciers on the west coast retreat > dramatically within my lifetime, and if I
    look at older photos, it's > more obvious still. >> All this is stuff I've seen/felt, personally, and I've come to this > position from tending toward skepticism because, frankly, I don't trust > media to report anything in an unbiased manner. >> So
    there's not any doubt in my mind that for at least the last 25 years > it's gotten warmer where I live. I'm as sure of this as I am that Dylan > Mulvaney is a fucked-up male dressing in women's clothing. More sure, > actually, because I've never seen
    Mulvaney in person and have to rely on > the media. yes you've said this before, but why would you ever be skeptical to it getting warmer in your local area when you witnessed it? it obvious to me, in England our winters now come a bit later in the year
    and the summers too than they did in the 80's. The thing is this is all obvious, the Thames used to freeze in Victorian days, also our hottest summer was 1976 it was crazy and whilst we've had 3 summers since then close to that(with 2018 being the most
    recent) none of them were as hot as in 1976 and importantly 2019-2023 has been nothing like that. Isn't that the case where you are? Also very good point heard recently was that development of building cities bigger and bigger by concreting huge areas
    and re-routing water from them or putting it underground is bound to have an affect locally on the "climate". We've seen big flooding happen here cos of that, like in Louisiana, but that's not CO2 "climate change", that's the effect of building cities.
    Don't forget 8 billions that use heating, industry, farming...

In Victorian age there were 1 billion or so and hardly any industry and farming of present day scale. Far less impact with far less people.

So if anything is "man made", why don't we start blaming most populous countries?

When will e.g. India apologize to the world and pay hefty fines for having so many people?

Look at the US leftist Jewish dominated media reaction to India becoming #1 in people?

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2023/06/08/1180454049/india-is-now-the-worlds-most-populous-nation-and-thats-not-necessarily-a-bad-thing

It's not a bad thing that India swarms the world? Ok.

But when whites need to reproduce or merely maintain their levels, then the same outlet goes like this?

https://www.npr.org/2016/08/18/479349760/should-we-be-having-kids-in-the-age-of-climate-change

"Here's a provocative thought: Maybe we should protect our kids by not having them," Rieder says.

Let's not exist and also let India swarm the world.

That's the message, no?

yes perhaps Pelle, bmoore and jdeluise can explain this paradox to us and how there's no Marxist agenda behind it or anything! LOLski

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Wed Aug 2 17:38:46 2023
    Sawfish <sawfish666@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
    Unlike previous generations, we are now living in a Chicken Little world--in the west, at least, so there's a good chance it'll work. I mean, if you can convince the man/woman on the street that men wearing dresses are 100% women, and not circus
    freaks, you can convince them of anything.

Yes, but the fear mongering part is real and it's when you recognise their agenda you know they're lying.

Check this meme.

You can ignore third pic as it's a part of the meme, but first two are genuine screenshots.

You tell me there's no agenda with colour usage and fear mongering?

You'll notice that temperatures are even way lower on second pic for that day of the year, but still...

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aNw36PG_460swp.webp

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Wed Aug 2 08:20:46 2023
    On 8/2/23 1:55 AM, The Iceberg wrote:
    On Thursday, 27 July 2023 at 18:38:51 UTC+1, Sawfish wrote:
    On Wednesday, 26 July 2023 at 19:03:03 UTC+1, Pelle Svanslös wrote: >>>>>> The Gulf Stream system could collapse as soon as 2025, a new study >>>>>> suggests. The shutting down of the vital ocean currents, called the >>>>>> Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (Amoc) by scientists, would >>>>>> bring catastrophic climate impacts.

Amoc was already known to be at its weakest in 1,600 years owing to >>>>>> global heating and researchers spotted warning signs of a tipping point >>>>>> in 2021.

The new analysis estimates a timescale for the collapse of between 2025 >>>>>> and 2095, with a central estimate of 2050, if global carbon emissions >>>>>> are not reduced.

In 2025, Icebear will be hollering on his Hyde Park soap box "Boo hoo >>>>>> hoo! They predicted the stream would by gone by now. Another false >>>>>> climate change prediction! I'm ROBBED!"

But ... but ... but ... We can now review what exactly was predicted >>>>>> before it didn't happen!

where I stand on this, and that means I've failed to explain it well enough. >>
    1) The earth's temperature has obviously changed a great deal over
    time--both hotter and colder. We agree on this, right? Slithery

the entire house, you see. Now besides just having to buy A/Cs, I've
    followed the local temps and they are drifting upwards, both summer and
    winter. I've also seen alpine glaciers on the west coast retreat
    dramatically within my lifetime, and if I look at older photos, it's
    more obvious still.

position from tending toward skepticism because, frankly, I don't trust
    media to report anything in an unbiased manner.

it's gotten warmer where I live. I'm as sure of this as I am that Dylan
    Mulvaney is a fucked-up male dressing in women's clothing. More sure,
    actually, because I've never seen Mulvaney in person and have to rely on
    the media.
    yes you've said this before, but why would you ever be skeptical to it getting warmer in your local area when you witnessed it?
    OK. Fair enough. From you, and a few others here, I'm confident I'll get
    an honest discussion.
    it obvious to me, in England our winters now come a bit later in the year and the summers too than they did in the 80's. The thing is this is all obvious, the Thames used to freeze in Victorian days, also our hottest summer was 1976 it was crazy and
    whilst we've had 3 summers since then close to that(with 2018 being the most recent) none of them were as hot as in 1976 and importantly 2019-2023 has been nothing like that. Isn't that the case where you are?
    Much the same. The general *TREND* is warmer. Ice, I place little weight
    on "record years", or even days, individually, but more on in which
    direction does this seem to be going? That direction seems clear where I
    live, and bear in mind I am very skeptical--did not jump on any
    bandwagon. Resisted it, in fact.
    Also very good point heard recently was that development of building cities bigger and bigger by concreting huge areas and re-routing water from them or putting it underground is bound to have an affect locally on the "climate". We've seen big
    flooding happen here cos of that, like in Louisiana, but that's not CO2 "climate change", that's the effect of building cities.

That's certainly part of it, Ice. But all this stuff I've been saying
    here is that climate change is caused by multiple factors--I even went
    and listed the stuff that happens *regularly*, in predictable cycles,
    whether or not there's a human on earth, then stuff that can happen at
    any time (periods of vulcanism, asteroid strikes, etc.) that also happen whether there is a human on the globe or not.

So all these things happen all the time.

But to my satisfaction the greenhouse effect, discovered in the 1820s
    and repeatedly demonstrated in the lab, is a physical fact. It happens
    from natural causes, and over a long period it reaches an equilibrium.
    That's with no humans.

Now each human since the advent of human-controlled fire has the
    potential to add just an infinitesimal amount of *surplus* C02 (and increasingly, other greenhouse gases) to the balance. The planetary
    climate equilibrium gradually changes a bit.  Let's say that 20K years
    ago that potential per human might be X. So the collective potential of
    the earth, from humans was x*global population--maybe x*300K. So totalSurplusGas = x*300K

Now, since about 1800, two things with humans have happened: 1) the
    population of humans has exploded; 2) the use of carbon-based compounds
    to produce energy (fire) has increased as mankind's technical ability to
    use these compounds has grown. This would be x(factorial n). So what
    we've got now is totalSurplusGas=x(n)*8B.

There is no way anyone will convince me that a) the greenhouse effect is
    not a physical fact, b) that amount of human contributed greenhouse
    gases has not increased exponentially over the last 2 centuries, and c)
    this is in addition to any changes that are not human induced (solar
    activity, Milankovitch cycles, vulcanism, etc), and that happen all the
    time, anyway.

So I can see a change, personally where I live and I've been, but really
    I have no idea how long it would last. I just take the estimate of 500
    years because the smug doomsayers say that, so let's hang them with the responsibility for all the implications of that prediction: you said
    that, now you *own* that. And the easiest implication to see is that
    according to them, we're all completely fucked, right now, even if we
    dropped all carbon-based energy tomorrow. Completely and totally fucked
    for, according to them, 500 years.

Funny aside: if you really wanted to get people to halt carbon-based
    energy consumption real fast, like the doomsters say we absolutely must have--the best way would be to kill off 85% of the global human
    population. That's what it would take to get them to *quickly* stop.

Adaptation as the primary goal would seem to be indicated, but what
    they're still going on about is reduction--but we're *already* fucked.
    Boy, does this look like an attempt to sell a new technology in the
    short term for us pissants to buy, or what?

I think that yes, they present only the part they want to use to
    manipulate the 85% of the human population to do what they, the
    puppet-masters, want. Which looks to me like introduce a new
    technological age by fiat. It'll be just like the introduction of steam,
    but forced by edict. Day One of the New Era, throw out your gas range,
    take money out of your retirement account to buy an induction range, etc.

A giant shitload of money is there to be made during this enforce
    switchover of core energy technologies. Makes the building of world
    railways look like kids playing in a sandbox.

I mean, that right there is the cause of the panic to change energy
    sources. Humanity would need to gradually do it anyway, but now we have
    nice men and women, in suits and dresses as they see fit, telling us
    that we'll fry in hell, personally ("...and your little dog, too!"),
    unless we do as their corporate masters want.

Unlike previous generations, we are now living in a Chicken Little
    world--in the west, at least, so there's a good chance it'll work.  I
    mean, if you can convince the man/woman on the street that men wearing
    dresses are 100% women, and not circus freaks, you can convince them of anything.

--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Reality is that thing that does not go away when you stop believing in it."

--Sawfish ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 2 09:04:25 2023
    On 8/2/23 8:38 AM, *skriptis wrote:
    Sawfish <sawfish666@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
    Unlike previous generations, we are now living in a Chicken Little world--in the west, at least, so there's a good chance it'll work. I mean, if you can convince the man/woman on the street that men wearing dresses are 100% women, and not circus
    freaks, you can convince them of anything.

Yes, but the fear mongering part is real and it's when you recognise their agenda you know they're lying.

They're lying about *part* of it, for sure.

Skript, I've found that he best, most convincing lies are mixtures of
    truth and fabrication. The truth can be strongly demonstrated and those convinced, many of them then think that the *entire* proposition is true.

In this case it's the climate is changing (true), all of it is
    man-caused and hence under our control (part true--they are leaving out
    the normal changes), and we all have to immediately drop our old stuff
    that works (and coincidentally causes part of the warming), and buy all
    new infrastructure and consumer goods (a lie--there are many ways to
    deal with it, but they want to make money off of the change).

When Bill Clinton was pres. those who opposed him (and I was one, not recognizing that he was a *very* effective president, cursed with a
    runaway libido) used to say:

"How can you tell when Clinton is lying?"

"When his lips are moving."

Very droll, but after studying him in interviews I came to realize that
    what he was good at was this: he scrupulously and convincingly told the
    truth when it either helped him, or could not harm him, and convincingly
    lied when it could harm him.

So what you had was a very earnest, likeable guy telling you the
    verifiable truth most of the time, then when he needed to lie, he'd tell
    you the lie with the same earnest conviction.

For the gullible, since they'd heard him very often tell the verifiable
    truth, they simply believed his lies because they appeared the same, as
    told by a trustworthy, likeable guy who played sax (poorly) while
    wearing shades indoors.

For the reactionary, like I was, and my brother still is, every single
    word was a lie, and so you found yourself saying he was lying on issues
    that could be fairly easily shown to be verifiable, ending up looking
    the fool--which you then take offense from, further backing yourself
    into an ethical corner.

Your response to this situation tells a lot about you. You either
    double-down, over and over and over again, or you gulp, admit your
    error, and move on, hopefully learning something in the process.

Check this meme.

You can ignore third pic as it's a part of the meme, but first two are genuine screenshots.

You tell me there's no agenda with colour usage and fear mongering?

You'll notice that temperatures are even way lower on second pic for that day of the year, but still...

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aNw36PG_460swp.webp

I'm getting a 404 error.

If there is an alternate way to see it, I'd like to look.

--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "The world's truth constitutes a vision so terrifying as to beggar the prophecies of the bleakest seer who ever walked it."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to pelle@svans.los on Wed Aug 2 12:13:42 2023
    Pelle Svanslös <pelle@svans.los> Wrote in message:r
    Traditional

Hahaha, new an end of the times predictions.

https://www.agweb.com/opinion/doomsday-addiction-celebrating-50-years-failed-climate-predictions

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to jdeluise on Wed Aug 2 18:48:55 2023
    jdeluise <jdeluise@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> writes:>> Hahaha, new an end of the times predictions.>> https://www.agweb.com/opinion/doomsday-addiction-celebrating-50-years-failed-climate-predictionsThat's not a "new" prediction. Yet again, you show you don't
    even readyour own links.But anyway, 50 years of failed predictions? Christianity and otherreligions have been pushing doomsday theories for thousands of years.All without a single shred of evidence. Where is the outrage for THAT?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doubting_Thomas

A doubting Thomas is a skeptic who refuses to believe without direct personal experience – a reference to the Gospel of John's depiction of the Apostle Thomas, who, in John's account, refused to believe the resurrected Jesus had appeared to the ten
    other apostles until he could see and feel Jesus's crucifixion wounds.

In short, a narcissist just like you?

24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.

25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

You are not blessed jdeluise, you're an unhappy tormented soul.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jdeluise@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Wed Aug 2 08:34:14 2023
    PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> writes:

Hahaha, new an end of the times predictions.

https://www.agweb.com/opinion/doomsday-addiction-celebrating-50-years-failed-climate-predictions

That's not a "new" prediction. Yet again, you show you don't even read
    your own links.

But anyway, 50 years of failed predictions? Christianity and other
    religions have been pushing doomsday theories for thousands of years.
    All without a single shred of evidence. Where is the outrage for THAT?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 2 11:05:59 2023
    On 8/2/23 9:48 AM, *skriptis wrote:
    jdeluise <jdeluise@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> writes:>> Hahaha, new an end of the times predictions.>> https://www.agweb.com/opinion/doomsday-addiction-celebrating-50-years-failed-climate-predictionsThat's not a "new" prediction. Yet again, you show you don'
    t even readyour own links.But anyway, 50 years of failed predictions? Christianity and otherreligions have been pushing doomsday theories for thousands of years.All without a single shred of evidence. Where is the outrage for THAT?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doubting_Thomas

A doubting Thomas is a skeptic who refuses to believe without direct personal experience – a reference to the Gospel of John's depiction of the Apostle Thomas, who, in John's account, refused to believe the resurrected Jesus had appeared to the ten
    other apostles until he could see and feel Jesus's crucifixion wounds.

In short, a narcissist just like you?

24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.

25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

You are not blessed jdeluise, you're an unhappy tormented soul.

My eyes are failing me. I read the last sentence as:

"...you're unhappy and tormented seal."

Really had me thinking, for a while...

--
    --Sawfish

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Wed Aug 2 20:32:13 2023
    Sawfish <sawfish666@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On 8/2/23 9:48 AM, *skriptis wrote:> jdeluise <jdeluise@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r>> PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> writes:>> Hahaha, new an end of the times predictions.>> https://www.agweb.com/opinion/doomsday-addiction-celebrating-50-years-
    failed-climate-predictionsThat's not a "new" prediction. Yet again, you show you don't even readyour own links.But anyway, 50 years of failed predictions? Christianity and otherreligions have been pushing doomsday theories for thousands of years.All
    without a single shred of evidence. Where is the outrage for THAT?>>>> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doubting_Thomas>> A doubting Thomas is a skeptic who refuses to believe without direct personal experience – a reference to the Gospel of John's
    depiction of the Apostle Thomas, who, in John's account, refused to believe the resurrected Jesus had appeared to the ten other apostles until he could see and feel Jesus's crucifixion wounds.>>>>> In short, a narcissist just like you?>>>>> 24 But Thomas,
    one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.>> 25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the
    print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.>> 26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.>> 27
    Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.>> 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.>> 29 Jesus saith unto him,
    Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.>>>>> You are not blessed jdeluise, you're an unhappy tormented soul.>My eyes are failing me. I read the last sentence as:"...you're unhappy
    and tormented seal."Really had me thinking, for a while...-- --Sawfish~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others."~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JD appears here just to reply to my few messages. He must be either a big fan or I just get on his nerves. Any excuses that he must be correcting my silly and naive ideas would be dumb since a smart creature like him should be able to ignore naive people
    like me.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 2 17:51:04 2023
    T24gOC8yLzIzIDU6MzIgUE0sIFBldGVXYXNMdWNreSB3cm90ZToNCj4gU2F3ZmlzaCA8c2F3 ZmlzaDY2NkBnbWFpbC5jb20+IFdyb3RlIGluIG1lc3NhZ2U6cg0KPj4gT24gOC8yLzIzIDk6 NDggQU0sICpza3JpcHRpcyB3cm90ZTo+IGpkZWx1aXNlIDxqZGVsdWlzZUBnbWFpbC5jb20+ IFdyb3RlIGluIG1lc3NhZ2U6cj4+IFBldGVXYXNMdWNreSA8d2FsZWVkLmtoZWRyQGdtYWls LmNvbT4gd3JpdGVzOj4+IEhhaGFoYSwgbmV3IGFuIGVuZCBvZiB0aGUgdGltZXMgcHJlZGlj dGlvbnMuPj4gaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYWd3ZWIuY29tL29waW5pb24vZG9vbXNkYXktYWRkaWN0 aW9uLWNlbGVicmF0aW5nLTUwLXllYXJzLWZhaWxlZC1jbGltYXRlLXByZWRpY3Rpb25zVGhh dCdzIG5vdCBhICJuZXciIHByZWRpY3Rpb24uICBZZXQgYWdhaW4sIHlvdSBzaG93IHlvdSBk b24ndCBldmVuIHJlYWR5b3VyIG93biBsaW5rcy5CdXQgYW55d2F5LCA1MCB5ZWFycyBvZiBm YWlsZWQgcHJlZGljdGlvbnM/ICBDaHJpc3RpYW5pdHkgYW5kIG90aGVycmVsaWdpb25zIGhh dmUgYmVlbiBwdXNoaW5nIGRvb21zZGF5IHRoZW9yaWVzIGZvciB0aG91c2FuZHMgb2YgeWVh cnMuQWxsIHdpdGhvdXQgYSBzaW5nbGUgc2hyZWQgb2YgZXZpZGVuY2UuICBXaGVyZSBpcyB0 aGUgb3V0cmFnZSBmb3IgVEhBVD8+Pj4+IGh0dHBzOi8vZW4ubS53aWtpcGVkaWEub3JnL3dp a2kvRG91YnRpbmdfVGhvbWFzPj4gQSBkb3VidGluZyBUaG9tYXMgaXMgYSBza2VwdGljIHdo byByZWZ1c2VzIHRvIGJlbGlldmUgd2l0aG91dCBkaXJlY3QgcGVyc29uYWwgZXhwZXJpZW5j ZSDigJMgYSByZWZlcmVuY2UgdG8gdGhlIEdvc3BlbCBvZiBKb2huJ3MgZGVwaWN0aW9uIG9m IHRoZSBBcG9zdGxlIFRob21hcywgd2hvLCBpbiBKb2huJ3MgYWNjb3VudCwgcmVmdXNlZCB0 byBiZWxpZXZlIHRoZSByZXN1cnJlY3RlZCBKZXN1cyBoYWQgYXBwZWFyZWQgdG8gdGhlIHRl biBvdGhlciBhcG9zdGxlcyB1bnRpbCBoZSBjb3VsZCBzZWUgYW5kIGZlZWwgSmVzdXMncyBj cnVjaWZpeGlvbiB3b3VuZHMuPj4+Pj4gSW4gc2hvcnQsIGEgbmFyY2lzc2lzdCBqdXN0IGxp a2UgeW91Pz4+Pj4+IDI0IEJ1dCBUaG9tYXMsIG9uZSBvZiB0aGUgdHdlbHZlLCBjYWxsZWQg RGlkeW11cywgd2FzIG5vdCB3aXRoIHRoZW0gd2hlbiBKZXN1cyBjYW1lLj4+IDI1IFRoZSBv dGhlciBkaXNjaXBsZXMgdGhlcmVmb3JlIHNhaWQgdW50byBoaW0sIFdlIGhhdmUgc2VlbiB0 aGUgTG9yZC4gQnV0IGhlIHNhaWQgdW50byB0aGVtLCBFeGNlcHQgSSBzaGFsbCBzZWUgaW4g aGlzIGhhbmRzIHRoZSBwcmludCBvZiB0aGUgbmFpbHMsIGFuZCBwdXQgbXkgZmluZ2VyIGlu dG8gdGhlIHByaW50IG9mIHRoZSBuYWlscywgYW5kIHRocnVzdCBteSBoYW5kIGludG8gaGlz IHNpZGUsIEkgd2lsbCBub3QgYmVsaWV2ZS4+PiAyNiBBbmQgYWZ0ZXIgZWlnaHQgZGF5cyBh Z2FpbiBoaXMgZGlzY2lwbGVzIHdlcmUgd2l0aGluLCBhbmQgVGhvbWFzIHdpdGggdGhlbTog dGhlbiBjYW1lIEplc3VzLCB0aGUgZG9vcnMgYmVpbmcgc2h1dCwgYW5kIHN0b29kIGluIHRo ZSBtaWRzdCwgYW5kIHNhaWQsIFBlYWNlIGJlIHVudG8geW91Lj4+IDI3IFRoZW4gc2FpdGgg aGUgdG8gVGhvbWFzLCBSZWFjaCBoaXRoZXIgdGh5IGZpbmdlciwgYW5kIGJlaG9sZCBteSBo YW5kczsgYW5kIHJlYWNoIGhpdGhlciB0aHkgaGFuZCwgYW5kIHRocnVzdCBpdCBpbnRvIG15 IHNpZGU6IGFuZCBiZSBub3QgZmFpdGhsZXNzLCBidXQgYmVsaWV2aW5nLj4+IDI4IEFuZCBU aG9tYXMgYW5zd2VyZWQgYW5kIHNhaWQgdW50byBoaW0sIE15IExvcmQgYW5kIG15IEdvZC4+ PiAyOSBKZXN1cyBzYWl0aCB1bnRvIGhpbSwgVGhvbWFzLCBiZWNhdXNlIHRob3UgaGFzdCBz ZWVuIG1lLCB0aG91IGhhc3QgYmVsaWV2ZWQ6IGJsZXNzZWQgYXJlIHRoZXkgdGhhdCBoYXZl IG5vdCBzZWVuLCBhbmQgeWV0IGhhdmUgYmVsaWV2ZWQuPj4+Pj4gWW91IGFyZSBub3QgYmxl c3NlZCBqZGVsdWlzZSwgeW91J3JlIGFuIHVuaGFwcHkgdG9ybWVudGVkIHNvdWwuPk15IGV5 ZXMgYXJlIGZhaWxpbmcgbWUuIEkgcmVhZCB0aGUgbGFzdCBzZW50ZW5jZSBhczoiLi4ueW91 J3JlIHVuaGFwcHkgYW5kIHRvcm1lbnRlZCBzZWFsLiJSZWFsbHkgaGFkIG1lIHRoaW5raW5n LCBmb3IgYSB3aGlsZS4uLi0tIC0tU2F3ZmlzaH5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fiJUaG9z ZSBhcmUgbXkgcHJpbmNpcGxlcywgYW5kIGlmIHlvdSBkb24ndCBsaWtlIHRoZW0uLi53ZWxs LCBJIGhhdmUgb3RoZXJzLiJ+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn4NCj4gSkQgYXBwZWFycyBo ZXJlIGp1c3QgdG8gcmVwbHkgdG8gbXkgZmV3IG1lc3NhZ2VzLiBIZSBtdXN0IGJlIGVpdGhl ciBhIGJpZyBmYW4gb3IgSSBqdXN0IGdldCBvbiBoaXMgbmVydmVzLiBBbnkgZXhjdXNlcyB0 aGF0IGhlIG11c3QgYmUgY29ycmVjdGluZyBteSBzaWxseSBhbmQgbmFpdmUgaWRlYXMgd291 bGQgYmUgZHVtYiBzaW5jZSBhIHNtYXJ0IGNyZWF0dXJlIGxpa2UgaGltIHNob3VsZCBiZSBh YmxlIHRvIGlnbm9yZSBuYWl2ZSBwZW9wbGUgbGlrZSBtZS4NCj4NCktpbGxmaWxlIHRoZSBt b3RoZXIgZnVja2VyLg0KDQpZb3UnbGwgc2VlOiBsaWZlIGlzIGdvb2QuDQoNCi0tIA0Kfn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+DQoiSSB3YW50IHRvIGRpZSBwZWFjZWZ1bGx5IGluIG15IHNs ZWVwIGxpa2UgbXkgR3JhbmRwYSwgbm90IHNjcmVhbWluZyBpbiB0ZXJyb3IgbGlrZSB0aGUg cGFzc2VuZ2VycyBpbiBoaXMgY2FyLiINCg0KICAtLVNhd2Zpc2gNCn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fg0KDQo=

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From TT@21:1/5 to All on Sat Aug 5 16:02:02 2023
    Pelle Svanslös kirjoitti 26.7.2023 klo 21.02:

in 2021.

are not reduced.

before it didn't happen!

So you're spreading this proven fake news as well. Ouch.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Pelle_Svansl=c3=b6s?=@21:1/5 to All on Sat Aug 5 20:37:38 2023
    On 5.8.2023 16.02, TT wrote:
    Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (Amoc) by scientists,
    would bring catastrophic climate impacts.

global heating and researchers spotted warning signs of a tipping
    point in 2021.

The new analysis estimates a timescale for the collapse of between
    2025 and 2095, with a central estimate of 2050, if global carbon
    emissions are not reduced.

before it didn't happen!

You're as dumb as evah. Drunk?

--
    -- Traditional

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From TT@21:1/5 to All on Sat Aug 5 21:45:49 2023
    Pelle Svanslös kirjoitti 5.8.2023 klo 20.37:

point in 2021.

before it didn't happen!

Well this *was* fake news. It was debunked by lots of scientists
    instantly when it was published.

Here is first hit on google, BBC article the day after your Guardian
    article:

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-66289494

"But leading scientists have reservations about the study and say it is
    not established science."

Here's another... https://www.netzerowatch.com/the-guardians-ocean-circulation-problem/

"A review of the Guardian’s habitual Gulf Stream misreporting."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Pelle_Svansl=c3=b6s?=@21:1/5 to All on Sun Aug 6 10:39:45 2023
    On 5.8.2023 21.45, TT wrote:

point in 2021.

In 2025, Icebear will be hollering on his Hyde Park soap box "Boo
    hoo hoo! They predicted the stream would by gone by now. Another
    false climate change prediction! I'm ROBBED!"

before it didn't happen!

Yawn.

What I wrote up there should not be too hard to decipher, Tiihonen.

Or maybe it is.

--
    -- Traditional

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From TT@21:1/5 to All on Sun Aug 6 12:47:45 2023
    Pelle Svanslös kirjoitti 6.8.2023 klo 10.39:

point in 2021.

But ... but ... but ... We can now review what exactly was
    predicted before it didn't happen!

Yawn.

Or maybe it is.

So you knew this was unscientific bull and wanted to rub it in at us
    climate alarmists? Sure...
    What is your prediction, when will Iceberg finally melt?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Pelle_Svansl=c3=b6s?=@21:1/5 to All on Sun Aug 6 14:37:15 2023
    On 6.8.2023 12.47, TT wrote:
    Pelle Svanslös kirjoitti 6.8.2023 klo 10.39:
    The Gulf Stream system could collapse as soon as 2025, a new study >>>>>> suggests. The shutting down of the vital ocean currents, called
    the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (Amoc) by
    scientists, would bring catastrophic climate impacts.

Amoc was already known to be at its weakest in 1,600 years owing
    to global heating and researchers spotted warning signs of a
    tipping point in 2021.

The new analysis estimates a timescale for the collapse of between >>>>>> 2025 and 2095, with a central estimate of 2050, if global carbon

But ... but ... but ... We can now review what exactly was
    predicted before it didn't happen!

Yawn.

Or maybe it is.

So you knew this was unscientific bull and wanted to rub it in at us
    climate alarmists? Sure...

There's always the last one taking the long way home.

--
    -- Traditional

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05